Therapeutic exercises for knee joints
The knee joint is one of the most complex and mobile in the human body. It carries a heavy load during walking, running, jumping, moving on the ladder, static loads. As a result of injuries, inflammatory and degenerative-dystrophic diseases of the knee joints, the blood supply and nutrition of the tissues deteriorate, the cartilaginous layer of the intraarticular surfaces of bones worsens, the menisci are destroyed, the work of the musculoskeletal apparatus is disrupted.
Arthritis, osteoarthritis, changes in the integrity of bones and ligaments lead to chronic progressive inflammation and impaired knee mobility. For the treatment of diseases apply medication, surgical methods of therapy, physiotherapy and exercises to strengthen the knee joints. Therapeutic physical training( LFK) is prescribed at different stages of the disease and significantly improves the function of the musculoskeletal system.
Tasks and rules for training
The complex of therapeutic gymnastics is prescribed by a doctor depending on the nature and severity of the pathological process, concomitant diseases, the age of the patient. Full-fledged training begins in the period of the abating of the acute phase of the disease - reduction of pain syndrome, normalization of body temperature, reduction of local inflammatory manifestations. The main task of gymnastics is:
- increasing the elasticity of the knee ligament apparatus;
- strengthening of the muscular groups of the thigh and lower leg, involved in the process of locomotor activity of the knee joint;
- normalization of blood circulation, as a result of which the metabolism improves, synthesis of synovial fluid is activated, cells of cartilaginous tissue are restored;
- improvement of general well-being and emotional background, which favorably affects recovery.
exercise therapy can be performed in groups under the supervision of the specialist
. With the daily execution of the complex of exercises, the function of the knee joints is restored completely or partially, depending on the degree of disturbance of the anatomical structures.
During exercise, exercise should follow such rules:
- training should be regular, the course of treatment is from 14 to 30 days;
- gymnastics should be done 2-3 times a day for 10-15 minutes, the total exercise time is 30-45 minutes;
- the load on knee joints should gradually increase, the frequency of repetitions of exercises starts from 3-4, bringing up to 10-15 per approach;
- amplitude at the beginning of training is low with an increase towards the end of the gymnastic complex;
- every exercise is performed carefully, muscles and ligaments are well developed;
- after physical education should rest in a prone position on a hard surface with unbent knees, which helps to restore blood flow in the trained joints;
- after a complex of exercises you can take a contrast shower, self-massage the affected joint and surrounding soft tissues;
- gymnastics should not bring unpleasant sensations and pain, if discomfort occurs, stop exercising;
- pain syndrome in subsequent training requires a doctor.
It is not necessary to expect a quick positive effect, exercising exercise therapy improves the condition of the knees for arthrosis and arthritis as a result of prolonged patient treatment that does not exclude other types of therapy.
Complex of exercises by the method of Evdokimenko
The effective complex of exercise therapy for the rehabilitation of inflammatory and degenerative diseases of the knee joints was created by Pavel Valdorievich Evdokimenko, a Russian academician, rheumatologist and psychologist. Based on his many years of experience, he developed exercises that positively affect the musculoskeletal system and improve the emotional mood for fighting the disease.
The most common abnormality of the knee is found in osteoarthritis, which is characterized by destruction of the cartilaginous and bone tissue, a violation of synovial fluid synthesis, a decrease in the amplitude of movements of the lower limbs. The disease develops after trauma, as a result of the pathology of metabolism, the inflammatory process of the structures of the knee joint( arthritis, periarthritis, bursitis).
Complex structure of the knee joint and its mobility lead to frequent development of pathology
Before starting physical therapy, you should familiarize yourself with the list of contra-indications for occupations:
- arterial hypertension;
- increased intracranial pressure;
- abdominal hernia and inguinal hernia;
- acute blood diseases;
- severe chronic heart and vascular disease;
- acute inflammation in the internal organs;
- increased body temperature;
- menstrual bleeding;
- a recovery postoperative period for a month.
The complex of physical training for arthrosis of the knee joint includes 9 exercises, which must be performed in the proposed sequence.Also can read: Exercises for knee arthrosis
- Lying on the abdomen, hands are located along the body. Alternately raise the straightened leg up a distance of about 15 cm from the floor and hold it on the weight for 40 seconds. At the same time the pelvis is tightly fixed, and movements are carried out at the expense of the muscles of the thighs and abdomen.
- The starting position is the same. The left leg is bent at the knee joint at an angle of 90 degrees and slowly lift to a height of 10 cm from the floor, holding it in its weight for at least 10 seconds. Then exercise with your right foot.
- The starting position is the same. Slowly raise both feet to the maximum possible height, then smoothly, without jerks, raise your legs to the sides and bring them together. Exercise can help increase blood pressure, so it should be done with caution in patients with coronary heart disease and hypertension.
- In the supine position on the right side, bend the leg of the same name, and straighten the left lower limb and raise it as much as possible, hold it for 20-30 seconds. Then repeat the exercise on the left side.
- Sitting on a chair, alternately straighten and raise your foot, holding it in the balance until the minute. If the knees are aching when doing gymnastics, lower the amplitude of the movements until the discomfort ceases.
- Turn to the back of the chair with your face in a standing position and, holding hands behind it, gently rise on your toes, stay in this position for 3 seconds and lower your feet to the floor.
- The starting position is the same. Now it is necessary to stand on the heels, raising the stops as much as possible.
- The starting position is the same. The left leg is lifted to the toe with the fixed right leg, then do this exercise with the other leg. It turns a roll from one foot to the other. Feel the flow of blood to your knees.
- At the end of the gymnastics complex, do a self-massage of the anterior-lateral surface of the thigh from the knee to the groin for 5 minutes. First rub the skin, then knead the muscles, at the end of the procedure, stroke. After the massage, you should feel pleasant warmth.
Joint gymnastics by Evdokimenko method is available for patients of all age categories
Exercises for knee arthrosis improve its motor function and relieve pain syndrome from the very first days of exercise, but to consolidate the positive effect it is important to undergo a full course of therapeutic physical training. For the correct performance of gymnastics, you should consult a doctor who will help you to put the technique of training. In addition, the Internet hosts numerous visual videos explaining in detail the features of exercises in diseases of the knee joint.
LK for knees effectively restores their functional activity and is an important part of complex treatment of locomotor system diseases. Correct approach and following the recommendations of a specialist in performing gymnastics will help to maintain the health of knee joints and prevent the progression of the pathological process.
Coxarthrosis exercises: videos and recommendations
Coxarthrosis is a real misfortune in old age, as with ankylosis( full fusion of the head of the femur with the acetabulum) disability occurs - the patient is forced to move on crutches or on a wheelchair. Naturally, we must not allow such a finale. But how to be, when the medicines bring only a temporary respite from pain, but does coxarthrosis progress further, leading to the complete erasure of hyaline cartilage and deformation of TBS? Exercise for arthrosis of the hip joint can become an exit.
Exercises for coxarthrosis allow to preserve the mobility of TBS and prevent the development of muscular atrophy
Therapeutic exercises for arthrosis of the hip joint
Gymnastics is the fundamental basis of this method of treating the patient's spine and joints, like kinesitherapy( motion treatment)
Deforming arthrosis is always accompanied by pain, The patient, trying to avoid the pain symptom, relieves the load on the joint. This is expressed in limp and the desire to accept the position in which the pain will be minimal.
In the period of exacerbation, such instinctual desires are justified, but if you continue to spare your shoulder, elbow, pelvis or leg, this will lead to
- development of co-traction( shortening of ligaments and muscles)
- curvature of the spine and extremities of
- deformities and low mobility of
And the pain in this case will not go anywhere, and vice versa will be more and more tormented with every new attack. Exit only in a thoughtful complex of therapeutic exercises performed daily by .
Physiotherapy in coxarthrosis should be prescribed by a competent specialist in the field of arthrosis, otherwise it can lead to nothing.
In what case is the exercise therapy effective
Why it is not worthwhile to be treated for the video with the exercise therapy?
- On the Internet, only general exercises are allowed that are permissible for preventive purposes, but they may not be suitable for each specific case of arthrosis:
Deforming arthrosis is known to be of three degrees and differ in different symptoms and clinical signs
- Joint development in the late stage of arthrosis(with formed osteophytes) may require mechanotherapy - the impact on the joint by mechanical vibration with
- vibrovacuum therapy
- extracorporeal shock wavetherapy( ESWT)
- phonophoresis and other methods
Vibrovacuum therapy is one of the methods of mechanotherapy that, in combination with exercise therapy, gives good results in the treatment of coxarthrosis
- It is exactly the combination of exercise therapy with mechanotherapy and manual therapy with the use of compresses made of dimexide,bishofit or medical bile
- To achieve the result, daily exercises of exercise therapy are required in combination with the methods listed above for a long time, and this is only possible under thestkim control
doctor At that point, that the self-pity, least of all appropriate in the treatment of osteoarthritis. I will have to do some exercises and through overcoming pain.
Many people take a lack of self-pity for themselves too literally, and start thinkinglessly loading a sick hip joint, crouching without end or dancing in a squat.
This is wrong.
You only need to load yourself( in terms of strong-willed solutions) and some muscle groups, but in no case a sick, practically motionless joint, otherwise it can simply not withstand the load and break
Video: Useful gymnastics for the joints( Dr. Evdokimenko)
https: //www.youtube.com/ watch? V = FazvCMAkraE
What exercises are needed for coxarthrosis
So what exercises are needed for coxarthrosis of the hip joints?
- When exacerbating coxarthrosis and at the beginning of the exercise with low-mobility TBS, when each movement causes severe pain, static exercises are performed: the hip joint remains at rest
- The exercises should exclude the axial vertical load on the joint and are performed in a supine or sitting position.
- . If the exercise led topain after it is performed, it should be stopped immediately
Do not perform complex exercise therapy and mechanotherapy :
- During an exacerbation of any chronic diseases
- Immediately after an injury or operation
- After a stroke or infarction
- With increased blood pressure and intracranial pressure
- With thrombophlebitis and aneurysms
- With trophic ulcers and bedsores
- In the period of monthly
- In late pregnancy
Static gymnastics with coxarthrosis
Static exercises exclude the load on the hip joint
The first exercise
- Lying on the floor, raise the straightened leg to a small height, the clampAt the same time, the pelvis and stomach to the floor
- Hold the foot for about half a minute then lower it and rest a little.
- Repeat the exercise for the other leg
- Do the same exercise, but at an accelerated pace: hold the foot for a few seconds
- Repeat ten times for each leg
- All movements are performed by the effort of the thigh and gluteus muscles
- The load on both legs must bethe same
The second exercise
Performed in the same way, the only difference is that the leg bends in the knee at a right angle.
Suitable for strong patients: if you feel that you can not do it, do not do it better.
- We turn over on the stomach, the legs are straightened, the arms lie freely along the body
- Raise the legs over the floor for about 15 cm
- Hold them for a few seconds, then gently divide them and slowly reduce them again
- We make up to 10 such movements
The fourth exercise
Performing lying on its side:
- Laying on the right side and tucking under the right foot
- Left straighten, raise and hold at an angle of 45 ˚to thirty seconds
- Having lowered the leg, relax and repeat the exercise for the otherOGI
exercise is performed as well, but while holding the legs need to deploy its first foot out and then inward without bending at the same time raised his foot in
knee For more information: Dr. Evdokimenko on site.
LFK with coxarthrosis during remission
When remission( temporary withdrawal of the disease), it is important not to relax and keep the mobility of the joint with the help of simple exercises. If you perform them continuously, the pain in TBS will be much less, the danger of atrophy of the hip and gluteus muscles
will disappear. These exercises should be performed during the remission of coxarthrosis
- Lying on the back, bend the legs in the knees, approaching the feet as close to the buttocks as possible
- Dilute the knees and close again without lifting the foot off the floor
- Repeat the movements 10 to 15 times, increasing the amplitude of the
- Keep the horizontal position, raise the straightened leg as far as possibleabove
Slowly lower the leg and repeat for the other leg
- In the same position, perform the pendulum movement with the straightened leg from side to side
- Complicated version - cross movements with both legs
- You can also do movementsup or down with one or both feet
- Exercise "bicycle" - spinning the unseen wheels with the feet
Note: This is a very dynamic exercise for TBS.Many doctors do not recommend it in the late stage of coxarthrosis
- Lying on the back with knees bent at the knees, raise the pelvis and, without lifting the foot, smoothly transfer it to the right and then to the left
Make 10 of these swings
- In a sitting position on the chair, lean forward and tipfingers touch the feet
- Sitting on the floor to spread wide the legs
To stretch out your arms and, bending forward, get alternately the fingers of the left, then the right foot
- Sitting right on the floor with your legs straight and connected together, bend over and girthfeet with hands
Prevention of coxarthrosis( not for debris)
The following exercises are not recommended for weak, untrained people and those with deforming arthrosis of the third stage of .
- Get down on your knees( knees on the floor, the heels rest on the buttocks)
- Slowly try to sit on the left thigh, stretching for the balance of the arm forward and to the sides
- Then without hands try to return to the original position
- If it does not work, lean on the floor with your left hand
- Repeat the same to the right
After some time of daily training, the exercise will be obtained without the help of hands.
Rolls from one foot to the other to the left and to the right:
- Set with the right foot and left to the side, without bending it and holding the foot with the whole surface on the floor.
- Hands aside and gently move your body to the left, bending the leftleg and straightening the right
- The restraint is thus transferred to the left leg, and the right one is now extended to the side of the
- . Repeat the roll several times.
. Of course, you should have memorized these unloved exercises from physical education lessons. And imagine, we could do them then without the help of our hands. If now they turn out to be beyond the power of someone, it indicates the weakness and atrophy of the muscles.
And if we did such gymnastics all our life, arthrosis of the hip joint would most likely not have arisen.
Video: Fighting arthrosis with yoga
https: //www.youtube.com/ watch? V = 196fhYpoJwo
Book P. Evdokimenko: The secret formula of health
Gymnastics for arthrosis of the hip joint
Therapeutic varieties of gymnastics mean two stages: help with exacerbation( performedonly under the supervision of a doctor, can include passive movements), help with remission. When the remission has come and is medically treated with arthrosis of the hip joint, gymnastics can be used at home. But, in addition to exacerbating the process of inflammation and degeneration, exercises can not be performed if recent surgical interventions have been postponed, if the body temperature has risen, or the heart's functioning has disappeared, with a number of other pathological processes in the organs and cancerous conditions worsening. We will analyze at first some simple conditions, so that with arthrosis of the hip joints, the healing gymnastics will be optimal in relation to your condition at this point in time.
A few useful tips
The most important plus therapeutic gymnastics - with its high efficiency, it does not require financial costs!
You can not lift more than 10 kg of weight, it is desirable to reduce weight by dietary techniques. Combine daily gymnastics with arthrosis of the hip joint by swimming, especially in the sea or the salt water basin. You can not tolerate microtraumas of joints, which is usually manifested by increased pain, it is impossible to try to help yourself through pain.
Physiotherapy exercises can be conducted without financial costs and is an indispensable tool in a competent conduct. It is important to spend it without breaks in the morning and in the evening of each day, and in intervals between sessions use a cane or crutches for walking, which depends on the stage of arthrosis.
So, when there is arthrosis of the hip joint, therapeutic gymnastics consists of a whole complex of movements.
Exercises begin with the lying position on the floor:
- Lie on your stomach and keep your hands along the trunk, then lift the leg smoothly, without flexing while moving. Start with a healthier limb. The climb will be about 15 cm up, hold your foot and then lower it. Rest, start lifting the other leg.
With these simple techniques, gymnastics for hip arthrosis trains the hip and gluteal muscles, with minimal involvement of the joint. The load is static, which is a priority for us. Taz tightly fix to the floor, do not tear it off. Alternate movements with rest. At first, repeat the exercise 1-2 times, no more. The second time there is an increase in the amplitude.
- Take the same position - then bend the healthy leg and simultaneously raise it to the possible height for you without pain, hold up. The second time the exercise is done with a slightly higher distance of the foot from the floor, only about 10 approaches.
- The next movement for arthrosis of the hip joint can be done in the case of a person of at least 39 years of age. In the same position, the flat legs are raised from the floor, then they freeze for a few seconds and lowered. The movement will be additionally enhanced by the addition of legs to the sides, but it is necessary to complicate the movements in subsequent sessions.
- After the done exercises, turn to the side. Start with a healthy limb. Raise one small amplitude first, then the other leg.
Choose a set of exercises as you are physically fit!
The exercise can be complicated as dynamically, by increasing the tempo and amplitude of movements, either statically by increasing the time of keeping the foot at maximum height, or adding weight to the cuff. The foot should thus freely hang inwards and the calf muscle groups do not strain.
Begin the next group of exercises as your physical fitness improves.
- Lying face up, bend and spread your legs to the width of your shoulders. Then lift the pelvis above the floor, each repetition accompanied by hovering over the floor at the highest point, the amplitude of the movements should gradually increase. In a dynamic variant, the pelvic oscillation is possible several times, without interruption.
- Starting position: sitting with straight legs. Slopes are carried out with a grip of the feet or toes, if possible. Static option - with pulling the trunk forward and dying for a minute or more in this position. It may not work out right away, but the movement is aimed at stretching the ligaments of the hip muscles and this is useful after a static effort. It can be done only once a day, without much strain.
- Sit on a chair and lift in turn the right and left legs, bent at the knee, then at the highest height, fix the knees in the air for 30 seconds or more.
Exercises for initial manifestations of
Only at the first degree of arthrosis of the hip joint therapeutic gymnastics allows the following two exercises.
- Sitting on the floor, back to the wall. Legs straighten and maximally bred in the sides. It is necessary to bend the aching leg in the knee gradually, and then bend the knee of the diseased leg inward with swaying movements.
- The starting position is sedentary. Bend your foot with a foot and pull it towards you. Legs are spread out to the sides as much as possible.
Gymnastics is finished with arthrosis of the hip joint with massage techniques. Wash your thighs higher and lower than your knee with energetic movements until you feel a rush of heat.
With the improvement of well-being, the complex gradually expands and more often makes static movements with possible load. For this, the following exercises are introduced to previous exercises of medical gymnastics with arthrosis of the hip joint.
- Stand up, put a healthy foot on a bench, hold your hand. A patient with his foot makes flies in different directions. Muscles should not be strained, just feet. You can complicate: bend a sore leg and lead to the side, then bring it to your stomach not abruptly and smoothly.
- Standing on all fours unbend your legs in turn in the hip joint, delaying on weight not for long. You can perform an exercise with weighed cuffs.
- Lying on your stomach, do the movements of a creeping man. Complete the complex physical exercise by waving your legs and arms, relaxing and stretching your muscles.
Lie on your back for a while, you can close your eyes and your favorite melody. Do not forget to make regular movements, otherwise there will be no effect.
Also recommend reading