Foot massage: flat-foot technique
Foot massage is considered the most popular type of massage, because it is at our feet that the most dense location of nerve endings and biologically active points is concentrated. This procedure has a beneficial effect on the entire body, in particular on the muscles of the legs.
Foot massage performed by a professional will help to cope with a number of problems and have a preventive effect:
- Is an effective treatment and prevention of genitourinary system diseases
- Prophylaxis of the digestive and respiratory system
- Eliminates swelling of the extremities
- Improves the functioning of the cardiovascular, nervous, immune system
- Stimulates the energy balance of the body
Of course, after studying the technique of implementation, you can self-massage. The massage of the feet before going to bed will have a relaxing effect, relieve stress, lift the mood, relieve all the negative and depressive.
There is a great relaxation of the body
Technique of performing massage
It is worth mentioning that the technique of foot massage should be selective, because the area of the heel and pads of the sole are covered with a thick layer of skin. In these places, you can safely massage with intensive pressure. But the center of the foot is more sensitive and gentle, so the movements should be cautious and smooth.
How to do foot massage :
- Take two pillows: place one under the knee, the other under the foot. Then grasp the foot with the palms on each side and start with a quick movement to rub the foot up and down. This movement has a relaxing effect on muscles and joints.
- Then put both hands under your ankle. Perform swinging movements from side to side. This will have an even more relaxing effect.
- One palm squeeze into a fist and press against the soles of the sole. Press the other palm on the top of the foot. Perform rubbing with alternate pressing.
- We proceed to rubbing the surface of the foot. The thumbs are placed on top of the foot, the others are pressed against the sole. Begin grinding, reducing and spreading your thumbs. Begin rubbing on top of the foot, gradually moving to the bottom.
- With your left hand, we grab a foot, and with your right thumb, we begin to perform circular motions along the inner side of the sole. Movements should be moderate, neat.
- We leave the left hand in the same position. With your thumb and forefinger, start tearing along the outer circle of the heel. Then, with your thumb, perform small circular motions along the foot of the heel.
- Grab your arms around your feet. Then fold your fingers to each other and start several times with your fingers up the foot, to the ankle. After that, you need to perform small circular movements around the ankle.
- Place the right hand under the heel, holding it. With the thumb and forefinger of your left hand, start to massage each finger, starting with the large one.
- The end procedure is relaxing and soothing stroking the entire foot.
For greater efficiency, use massage oil. It can be a professional massage oil, and the usual warmed olive oil. Massage of the feet can be smoothly translated into a foot massage, where the shin, hips and buttocks will be involved. Massage of the buttocks and thighs can also be performed at home.
Foot massage with flat feet
Flat feet is the deformation of the foot, which is expressed in the straightening of the longitudinal arch and is fixed in a separate position.
Massage with flat feet is recommended to combine with therapeutic gymnastics. This combination will favorably affect the condition of the muscular apparatus and the entire foot as a whole. With regular exercises and techniques, the foot muscles will be strengthened, pain and fatigue will decrease when walking. Also, the depreciation functions will be restored and the stagnant phenomena in the blood vessels of the legs will decrease.
How to do foot massage with flat feet
We suggest to consider several simple techniques that can be easily performed at home:
- Our first action will be alternately kneading your fingers. To do this, lower your little finger with your right hand, and lift your ring finger to the left. Then vice versa. In this sequence, walk six times on each finger.
- Then perform the kneading of all the fingers together. With your left hand, wrap your heel, and right raise and lower all your fingers at once. We do six times.
- Let's move on to rubbing. Intense movements rub the back of the foot and the sole, moving from the fingers to the ankle joint. We rinse for twenty minutes.
- For a minute, rub and knead the bases of the fingers, then the heel area.
- Circle the foot with two palms and stroking movements to begin massaging the foot from all sides.
- To complete the procedure, you need to stroke the entire leg, starting from the foot and ending with the groin area.
It should be noted that the treatment of flat feet should be complex. Apply not only massage, but also therapeutic gymnastics, other preventive procedures.
Thai foot massage
Thai foot massage originates from a traditional massage. This is a very ancient method, which is more than 3000 years old. It is an ideal tool for improving the feet and the entire body. Can relieve stress, tension, swelling of the legs.
The effect of Thai foot massage:
- Stimulation of proper functioning of internal organs and other systems
- Activation of natural mechanisms of the body's recovery
- Improvement of blood circulation, cleansing of the body of toxins and toxins
- Stimulation of the lymphatic system
- Beneficial effect on the nervous system
- Reducing edema of the legs,in the lower extremities
- Strengthening the immune system
The video shows in detail the technique of performing Thai foot massage.
Chinese foot massage
Chinese foot massage has received a special vocation in the health of the whole body. Correctly performed procedure is useful to everyone, even to absolutely healthy person. Stimulating a certain point located on the foot, it is possible to help the body to restrain the development of various pathologies and to prevent the diseases.
Effect from Chinese foot massage:
- Relieving fatigue and tension
- Beneficial effect on cardiovascular system
- Eliminating congestion in organs and tissues
- Improving blood and lymph circulation
- Clearing the body of toxins and metabolic products
- Elimination of problems with the musculoskeletal systemand digestion
Properly performed technique of working with the feet promotes the recovery of our entire body, stimulating specific areas of our body.
Pediatric flatfoot massage with detailed video
One of the common diseases of the musculoskeletal system in children is flatfoot.
Flat-foot is the deformation of the foot, expressed in the straightening of the longitudinal arch and fixation in a certain position.
The consequences of such a disease can be quite serious for children's health. Therefore, massage with flat feet in children plays an important role in correcting the deformation of the foot.
How to define a flatfoot in a child
As a rule, it is only possible to determine the flatfoot precisely after five to six years. Why at this age? Because up to a certain age, the bony apparatus of the child's foot is considered not strengthened. The foot is easily susceptible to change, muscles, ligaments and cartilaginous structure are poorly developed. Therefore, to determine the flat feet is quite difficult.
It should also be taken into account that at an early age the toe of the baby seems straight and slightly convex. This is because the recess of the arch of the foot is filled with a kind of fat pad that hides the bone tissue.
But how, then, should one determine that the whole development of the foot goes well if the child is not yet five years old? You can define it as follows:
take sunflower oil and well lubricate the child's foot. Then take a clean sheet of paper and gently place the foot on the sheet so that the child stays at it for about a minute and a half. Next, take a sheet and inspect the image.
If the leg is imprinted completely, in this case the child has a predisposition to flat feet. You should pay great attention to this. If your child is already six years old, he complains of leg pain and fatigue, you should consult an orthopedic doctor.
If the footprint is imprinted in the form of a "bean" - you have nothing to worry about. It should be so.
The causes of flatfoot formation
Factors that affect the formation of children's flatfoot can be:
- heredity - if someone in the family had this illness of the musculoskeletal system, then the baby is at increased risk of flat feet;
- wrong shoes - often, it is the wearing of "wrong shoes"( on a flat sole, narrow or too wide shoes) is the cause of foot disease;
- Excessive strain on the foot - if the child wears weight or suffers from excessive body weight;
- various injuries of feet.
All of the above reasons can further lead not only to flat feet, but also the formation of more serious diseases.
Many parents neglect this disease, not taking it seriously. If your child complains of pain while walking, the heaviness in his legs - be sure to consult an orthopedic doctor.
Treatment of flat feet with massage
Massage of the child's feet with flat feet is one of the first methods of fighting the disease. The technique of massage is aimed at strengthening the muscles of the foot, improving blood circulation in this area. In addition, the massage has a soft effect on the joints and ligaments, as well as to correct the resulting deformities of the foot.
If we take into account the fact that the flat feet have a negative effect on the joints of the legs, on the lower parts of the spine, on the bones, it will be right to pay attention to the whole locomotor apparatus and the spinal column. The technique of massage with flat feet in children is mandatory must involve these systems.
Such cases are often that the deformation of the foot causes the development of scoliosis. Massage in this case is also necessary. After a thorough examination, the doctor prescribes therapeutic massage, special gymnastics and other manual procedures.
How to massage with flat feet in a child
The massage is carried out directly on the legs and feet, as well as on the buttocks - 1 time in a month and a half. If the flat foot is accompanied by a violation of posture and other diseases of the musculoskeletal system, a back, abdomen and loin massage is performed.
First of all, the child's foot from the heel to the fingers is rubbed with the palm or the edge of the palm. Then follows the kneading of the entire foot with your thumb. Then, with the thumb pad, draw the number "7".
Then the masseur starts rubbing the interdigital spaces, the back of the foot and the lower leg.
To finish the foot massage for children with flat feet, follow the soft twists: with one hand, fix the foot behind the condyles, and the second hand gently turn the foot along the inner side.
As soon as a foot massage is performed, you can start massaging the shin. To do this, both sides of the shin begin to rub, stroke and knead, with a special emphasis on the front surface. Nibbling and pocking it. Direction of massage movements - from the ankle in the direction of the knee joint.
Massage of thighs and buttocks
Massage of thighs and buttocks is performed without any accents in any area. Apply stroking, rubbing and kneading muscles of the thigh. Massage of the buttocks is performed in any direction. Between the basic techniques, always include such techniques as vibration, tingling, shaking.
Back massage according to the technique and performance of receptions does not differ from the massage of other parts of the body. The only supplement is a longer, intensive and thorough rubbing of the back muscles, kneading the waist. It should be remembered that shock and vibration receptions in the kidney area can not be carried out.
Video of a flat-foot massage in children
Parents should understand that the further health of the child's organism depends on their attention and care for the child.
The meaning and function of muscles in the development of flatfoot
Normally, the foot consists of many small bones that are joined together by ligaments and joints. Their movements and rotation are controlled by tendons and muscles. During the movements of the legs, the muscles lengthen and shorten again, changing its shape.
All the muscles of the foot are conventionally divided into two groups.
- Located on the sole, as well as the muscles of the back surface. They play a big role in the processes of flexion, extension of the dilution and the reduction of the fingers.
- Plantar muscles divide, in turn, into the muscles that raise the pinky, the muscles that lift the thumb and middle muscle group. This group is much weaker than the plantar ones.
In addition, the posterior and anterior tibial muscles of the lower leg participate in the functions of the foot. From their condition depends not only the biomechanics of the foot, but also the lightness, smoothness, stability of the gait.
Foot formation in children
In children up to a certain age, the foot appears flat, since the plantar part of the small child is shorter and wider compared to the adult. Piggy baby seems small, and fingers seem to diverge in the form of a fan in different directions. The plantar part in its composition has a fat layer that smooths the vaults of the foot.The flat structure of the foot and the lowering of its arches are the reason that children under the age of 3-4 years quickly get tired when walking. Over time, the legs get normal shapes, and feet appear on the sole. Flat feet can develop for many reasons, but one of them is muscle weakness.
This can occur due to paresis, paralysis, injuries, diseases, as well as great physical exertion on the sole. Foot massage with flat feet is one of the methods of complex conservative treatment that gives good results if used together with therapeutic gymnastics, wearing special shoes and insoles.
Foot massage with flat feet has its own peculiarities and techniques. At its carrying out it is necessary to consider, that innervation of the bottom extremities begins at a level of a backbone, therefore it will be useless to spend a separate massage of feet or only stop. Experts advise to carry out massage movements, starting at least from the back, then gradually move to the front and back of the thighs, and only then massage the lower leg and feet.
Techniques that are used for the massage of the shins and feet are different, but basically two are used:
- The flat foot massage begins with the calf muscles( gastrocnemius), then smoothly passes to the Achilles tendon, ankle joint, from there to the sole. After a few minutes of massage the plantar part again go to the ankle joint, tendons and calf muscles.
- General massage, starting from the knee area and gradually descending to the fingertips. After that, the inner and outer surfaces of the lower leg are massaged, then they go to the sole and end with the thumb.
Receptions use those that are used for general massage - kneading, stroking, squeezing, vibration, pressing, squeezing. As a supplement, you can use a variety of massage mats or rollers. The only contraindication for carrying out is considered varicose veins of the legs, which occurs mainly in adults.
Massage with flat feet in children has the following rules.
- First you can use the simplest techniques and rules, gradually moving to complex tricks.
- All receptions are carried out cautiously, and when crying or crying the child should stop. The reason for this behavior of the child may be a careless move or insufficient experience of the nurse conducting the procedure.
- The movements are carried out only in the prone position, so as not to create an additional load on the whole locomotor apparatus of the child. The joints and ligaments of the baby are not completely formed, and sudden tremors can injure the bone system.
Separately it is necessary to tell about massage at a varus or a flat-valgus deformation when in addition to the development of flat feet, the feet fall inward or the heel deviates somewhat outward. With this deformation, not only the feet deform, but also the ankle, knee and hip joints. Therefore, massage with flat feet of such forms should be done carefully, so as not to give the child unpleasant sensations.
How many courses should be performed
The massage course should consist of at least 12( with a mild flat foot) or 20 sessions( in severe cases) that take place every other day. By time the procedure can take from 7-10 to 20 minutes. A year can be a minimum of 3-4 courses.In case of congenital pathology, stop massage can begin already at the age of 1.5-2 months at least 45 minutes after eating. Usually the procedure is carried out until the result is obtained. Massage in adults such a result as in children, usually does not give, the reason is that in an adult the musculoskeletal apparatus is already formed.
It is not recommended to conduct the massage itself if the parents do not have skills or special education. With any suspicion of flat feet, you need to consult an orthopedic doctor for advice and start conservative therapy as soon as possible, in the complex of which massage is necessarily present.
How to do a massage with flat feet?
Plane( transverse and longitudinal) are susceptible to many, but this does not mean that this disease can not harm a person. In fact, the whole musculoskeletal system can suffer, because a huge load is placed on the spine and other bones. And how to do foot massage with flat feet?
First, we list the effects that can be achieved with this procedure:
- First of all, after the session, blood circulation in the lower extremities improves, the blood flows to the feet. All tissues receive the necessary amount of oxygen and nutrients.
- Blood flows to the ligaments, strengthening them( and it is their weakness that is the fundamental moment of this condition).
- Using procedures, joints can be developed. The development of articular fluid positively affects their functioning.
- Muscles are also fed, thereby strengthening and starting to work better, which is also important in the described disease.
- With the help of massage, you can even change the position of the arch of the foot and fix it.
- The foot is strengthened, which prevents further changes and deformations.
- It is believed that on the feet there are many important biologically active points responsible for the work of certain organs, so that procedures will help to strengthen all health in general.
- Besides, lymph drainage will certainly improve, which also positively affects the condition of the feet.
Techniques and Techniques
A flat feet massage for children and adults implies the use of various techniques. Let's list some of them:
- Stroking. It can be flat( the entire surface of the palm of your hand) or wrapped around it. You can also use this method with the help of knuckles of fingers with a fist clenched in the palm of your hand.
- Rubbing. You can produce it with the palm of your hand, with the edge of the palm, with several fingers connected together, their knuckles, pads or one finger. Such a technique implies also different directions: direct, spirally, alternately, tongued.
- You can also make kneading( ring, ordinary or combined) with finger pads, a palm rim or knuckles with a clenched fist.
- Passive flexion and extension( that is, the masseur flexes and unbends his feet or fingers).
- Rotations and rotations. Such manipulations need to be performed not abruptly and very carefully, since the ligaments with flat feet are rather weak.
- Smoothing is similar to stroking, but involves a certain pressure on the surface of the limb.
- Vibration includes pinpoint effects: finger pads, tapping, shaking the feet, patting and so on.
How to do?
Massage is done not only with the use of certain techniques, but also in a certain sequence. For example, you need to use not only the foot and all its parts( ankle, Achilles tendon), but also the shin too, because if you strengthen the muscles of your feet and forget about the lower leg, then there will be practically no effect.
Usually the procedure is carried out in this order:
- Then pass to the Achilles tendon( it is located above the heel).
- Then pass to the outside of the shin.
- Now you can massage the back of your foot.
- Then you can go to the sole.
- Then we switch to the gastrocnemius muscle
- And we finish the massage by working out the sole.
Now about everything in more detail. Step-by-step instruction for you:
- A person should lie on his stomach, it is desirable and even necessary to put rollers under his ankle joints( this can be a twisted towel).
- Massage the calf muscle. First, use straight and alternate stroking, then using the methods of beak-shaped or transverse squeezing. Do not forget about rubbing, it is also necessary.
- Now start to work on the Achilles tendon. Use the techniques of spiral, circular and direct grinding. Massage the area with phalanges or fingertips.
- Now the person should lie on his back. The roller moves under the knees. Start to massage the outer side of the shin using first various stroking options, then moving to kneading( they are produced by the edge of the palm, fingers, phalanges and knuckles when the palm is compressed into a fist).In conclusion, use the palm of your hand to squeeze out.
- Go to the back of the foot. With that hand, which is closer to the leg being worked, grasp the foot, and with the further hand, perform all manipulations. Stroke the entire foot, starting from the fingertips and advancing towards the ankle. Spread the gaps between the metatarsal bones with your fingertips. Grate with a thumb pad, and then start rubbing with the edge of the palm.
- Now massage the sole. To do this, first stroke it with the back of the hand. Then, from the fingers to the heel, make a circular grinding first with a thumb pad, then with all your fingers. Then proceed to rectilinear grinding along and across, using a fist or the edge of the palm. Remember the foot slightly.
Some tips for effective massage:
- It's best to ask for help from a specialist. You can start the procedure yourself only after consulting a doctor.
- Massage is contraindicated in skin diseases, as well as acute infections, ailments at the stage of exacerbation and with worsening of general condition.
- The procedure is best performed when the patient is calm, not hungry( but not after eating) and is not overexcited.
- You can use a special massager for flat feet in adults and children. But also consultation of the doctor is required.
- The duration of the procedure is 10-15 minutes, at least 10 sessions are required.
- It is better to combine massage with gymnastics from flat feet, then the effect will increase.
- Take a session in a ventilated room.