How correctly to do gymnastics at a cervicothoracic osteochondrosis?
Physical exercises - one of the main methods of treatment and prevention of diseases of the spine. Regular gymnastics in cervicothoracic osteochondrosis significantly increases the effectiveness of medical and physiotherapy methods of treatment, and in some cases allows you to completely abandon the drugs.
Effects of gymnastics in osteochondrosis
The correct selection of a set of exercises and their daily execution has many positive effects in osteochondrosis:
- Helps restore mobility in the intervertebral joints and restore flexibility to the spinal column.
- Strengthens the muscles of the back and neck, preventing the formation of pathological bends and promoting proper posture.
- Redistributes the load on the spine, reducing pain in the back and neck.
- Eliminates jamming of vessels in the cervical spine, resuming normal blood supply to the brain and relieving headaches( caused by osteochondrosis).
- Improves blood circulation in muscles and periarticular tissues, thereby restoring normal nutrition of intervertebral discs and slowing their thinning( dystrophy).
- Reduces meteosensitivity: patients cease to respond with the development of exacerbations of cervicothoracic osteochondrosis to unfavorable weather conditions.
- Eliminates the main cause of osteochondrosis - a sedentary lifestyle. Tones and strengthens the body as a whole, increases the patient's performance.
General recommendations for the implementation of the
exercises. In order for classes to benefit you only and not to harm( which is also possible with an illiterate preparation of the complex or excessive loads), you must adhere to six main rules:
Before starting the exercises, you should consult a doctor,it is also advisable to undergo a course of exercise therapy in a polyclinic( hospital) and get recommendations from an instructor on performing gymnastics at home.
The complex of gymnastics is made taking into account the phase of the illness( exacerbation or remission), the degree of impairment of the functions of the spine and also depends on the level of the initial physical preparation of the patient. During the exacerbation of cervicothoracic osteochondrosis, sparing exercises without burdens and loads are selected, with minimal amplitudes of movements in the spine. As the condition improves, the complex begins to complicate, gradually developing addiction to the dosed physical exertion.
At the first stages of the gymnastics can be accompanied by the appearance of pain, but they should not be strong. Sharp severe pain signals an incorrectly selected complex and requires immediate cessation of exercise.
To get the desired effect, gymnastics should be held constantly, better at the same time of day and in one place.
The duration of one lesson should be between 15 and 45 minutes. In addition, during the day it is good to perform short warm-up complexes - for example, during breaks between work.
If possible, after gymnastics it is recommended to perform a massage( or several self-massage techniques) and take a warm shower - this helps to warm up muscles and relieve tension.
Examples of exercises
Individual training complex should be a doctor of exercise therapy, in this article, hereinafter - several examples of effective exercises.
For relaxation of the cervical region and pain relief
To reduce the intensity of pain in the neck, it is necessary to lie on your back on a flat hard surface( on the floor or couch), placing a 10-15 cm high roll on the back of your head( it can be twisted from a terry towel).Under the bend in the cervical region there must be a roller. Lying should be for 15-30 minutes a day.
For the return of the mobility of the spine
The mobility of the spine in the cervical region restores various turns and inclinations of the head.
- From the sitting, standing or lying on the back, the head is slowly bent forward, reaching the chin to the chest, and keep the head in the maximum bent position at the expense of 4 to 10. Then return to the FE.Exercise is repeated 4-6 times.
- From the standing position, the head turns to the right and left, the slopes right-to-left and back-to-back. They are made slowly, with the maximum possible amplitude, performing up to 10 repetitions.
- To complicate the exercises and increase the intensity of the load on the cervical section, you can add the counter: when tilting the head forward, prevent the tilt of the palms, resting them on the forehead;when tilted to the side, counteraction is carried out with the palm pressed against the cheek.
Both the cervical and thoracic spine well develop exercises in the shoulder joints:
Circular rotation in the shoulders alternately back and forth with straight hands from standing position.
IP: standing or sitting on a chair, arms hang freely along the trunk. The shoulders are raised upwards and, as it were, pressed them to the head, they hold the score to 10, then lower it. Repeat 4-6 times.
IP: standing, hands along the trunk. The shoulders and arms are slowly retracted, trying to reduce elbows and hands, then slowly return to the FE.Alternating with the next exercise, repeat 4 times.
PI: standing, arms bent at the elbow, the brushes lie on the shoulders. The elbows are brought in front of the chest, returned to the FE.
Flexibility in the thoracic spine can be restored by tilting the trunk forward-backward and left-to-right. Perfectly restores mobility and relieves pain the following exercise:
IP: sitting on a chair( better with a backrest), hands on the knees. Slowly bend his head, pressing his chin to his chest and continuing to bend his back, as if turning into a tangle. Just slowly unbend, returning to the FE.Then slowly roll your head back, while caving in the backbone. Return to the IP.Repeat 4 times.
When composing a complex of gymnastics for cervicothoracic osteochondrosis, select for yourself 5-6 simple exercises and perform them daily for a week. After you get used to the load a little, start to gradually complicate the complex, adding new exercises.
Therapeutic exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
Therapeutic exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine is a fairly common disease of the spinal column, as this department is very mobile and has a constant load to support the neck. This disease is characterized by degenerative changes in the spine. The sprawling bone tissue on the vertebrae adversely affects the muscles and ligaments around them, causing pain.
Painful sensations in cervical osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine develops gradually and at the initial stage of the disease does not manifest itself very much. More serious changes, for example, as an intervertebral hernia, occur in the third stage of the disease.
The intervertebral hernia of the cervical region is a complex, serious and painful complication of osteochondrosis. To prevent such complications, it is necessary to diagnose osteochondrosis in time and to comply with all the prescriptions of the doctor. One of the main conditions for a complete recovery is exercise therapy with cervical osteochondrosis. It is prescribed at a time when the acuteness of the disease is over.
Importance of physical activity in cervical osteochondrosis
Physiotherapy is prescribed for patients with osteochondrosis only after acute pain relief. Special physical exercises allow to strengthen the muscular corset around the spine, making it more plastic.
Medical gymnastics helps to increase blood supply to the muscles and joints, preventing the complication of this disease, as well as the appearance of other pathologies in the spinal column.
Subject of disease
Exercises on the development of flexibility prevent further progression of the disease. The first lessons of physiotherapy exercises can be conducted only under the supervision of a doctor. Only a doctor can make up for you an individual complex that suits your health condition and will be your "life-saving" circle in everyday life.
Osteochondrosis is often a chronic disease, so inadequate physical activity, uncomfortable posture during work or stress, can provoke an exacerbation of the disease. However, applying curative gymnastics at home, performing a complex, for example, after summer work or a long trip behind the wheel, you can avoid exacerbation and feel comfortable.
LFK for cervical osteochondrosis
Simple exercises for restoring the full-time work of the cervical department of
All exercises for therapeutic purposes should be performed very smoothly, avoiding sudden movements. Categorically forbidden to tilt back the head of movement, as well as rotational movements of the head. Here are a few simple exercises to improve mobility in the cervical spine, as well as to increase blood flow:
- The exercise is performed sitting on a chair, the back is straight. Tilt your head to one shoulder, then to the other, as much as possible. Repeat from five to ten times;
- Turn the head to the right and left, to the highest possible level. Do the exercise at least ten times;
- Flexibility of the cervical spine will add the head incline forward, before touching the chest with the chin. The back muscles of the neck with this exercise are perfectly stretched. Perform ten to twelve times;
- Strengthen the lateral muscles of the neck will help the following exercise - counteraction. Place the elbow on the table and rest your palm on the temporal part. Tilt your head in this direction, counteracting your hand. Counteraction lasts up to 10-12 seconds. The exercise is repeated up to ten times in each direction, with small interruptions( up to ten seconds);
- Greatly strengthens the front muscles of the neck exercise-resistance or overcoming resistance. Exercise is done at the desk. One hand rests on the table with the elbow, and the palm rest on the forehead. Pressing his head on his hand, you need to keep the resistance. Pressing the head for up to ten seconds. Perform this exercise up to ten times with a break of ten seconds;
- Excellent stretches and relaxes the lateral muscles of the neck following exercise. You can perform as sitting on a chair, or standing up. Raise the shoulders up simultaneously and hold them in the raised state for up to ten seconds. Then relax your shoulders. Perform up to ten times with a small interval.
Therapeutic gymnastics for the neck muscles
Massage and self-massage during the remission of
When the acute period of the disease is left behind, self-massage or massage is prescribed to help patients with cervical osteochondrosis. The cervical spine does not tolerate any sudden movements. All massage movements should be smooth, deep, not traumatic. You can apply stroking, vibration, smoothing and kneading.
Any self-massage begins and ends with stroking movements that prepare the cervical section for other effects. Raziranie and kneading affects the muscles of the neck and collar zone more deeply, contributing to the inflow of blood to them. Vibration movements are performed by tapping the rib of the palm or patting.
When headaches, as a consequence of cervical osteochondrosis, help to remove spasm of rubbing with the fingertips of the temporal zone, the occipital region. Self-massage is applicable for hands, shoulders and collar zone. Of course, this is not very convenient to do, therefore, if possible, it is best to seek the help of an experienced masseur.
Massage - as an effective way to treat and prevent cervical osteochondrosis
Massage from the back of the neck and the area between the shoulder blades is difficult to carry out independently. The masseur must perform the procedure carefully and neatly, while at the same time it is good to knead the muscles. The first few massage procedures should be less intense and shorter in time.
Recommendations for the conduct of exercise therapy
Physiotherapy in all diseases, and cervical osteochondrosis, including, can be prescribed only after the acute period of the disease. It is not the main treatment, but is an addition to the main therapy.
In addition, exercise therapy does not replace physiotherapy procedures, but can be performed with them in a complex, as an intensifying factor in the effectiveness of treatment. No exercise from the treatment complex should cause pain. They should cause relief, relieve tension and be an incentive for further studies. The physical load increases very gradually.
Pilates with cervical osteochondrosis
You need to start with simple exercises under the supervision of a doctor. Regular exercises in physiotherapy for three weeks become a good habit that helps a person live without pain. Many patients, performing various physical activities during the day, for example, working in the garden, long walks, strokes, cleaning, etc., think that this can replace the medical complex. This is not true! Conversely, with increased physical exertion, it is recommended to perform a charge, so as not to provoke an exacerbation of osteochondrosis.
Factors affecting the development of osteochondrosis
- High physical activity;
- Prolonged position in an uncomfortable position;
- Sitting work;
- Unbalanced power;
- Lack of regular physical activity;
- Spinal Curvature;
- Professional activities related to lifting of gravity, vibration, etc.;
- Chronic diseases of an exchange nature, for example, diabetes mellitus;
- Static loads;
- Wrong bed and pillow.
Video - Therapeutic exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
LFK for cervical osteochondrosis: 16 effective exercises, training rules
Osteochondrosis of the spine can bring a lot of trouble. Independently improve the physical and emotional well-being, to save the body from the onset of exacerbations of the disease in the future will help exercise therapy in osteochondrosis of the cervical department.
Regular gymnastics reduces the risk of repeated exacerbations, reduces chronic pain in the neck and shoulders, restores sensitivity and strength in the hands, trains the vestibular apparatus( which reduces dizziness and headache).
To begin exercise LFK better under the supervision of the instructor, so that he taught you to correctly perform all exercises. In general, the gymnastic complex, which includes blocks isometric( without moving parts of the body in space) and dynamic activity, is simple to perform, and everyone can do gymnastics at home.
Further in the article - popular and safe complexes of 6 isometric and 10 dynamic exercises.
This should be known to every patient with cervical osteochondrosis, engaged in exercise therapy
. Physical therapy for cervical osteochondrosis should not be performed with exacerbation of the disease. Do not try to "stretch" the neck, "disperse" the pain, somehow affect your condition. If you feel worsening - immediately contact a neurologist!
If in the radiography of the spine or palpation the doctor( neurologist) has determined the instability of the cervical vertebrae - be sure to look into the orthopedic salon or pharmacy and get a special soft collar for the neck. It will save you from dangerous complications when doing exercises.
Osteophytes - subulate-like bone growths seen on the roentgenogram of the spine - another reason to take more scrupulously to the choice of exercises for exercise therapy. With osteophytes active movements in the cervical spine during dynamic training should not be performed, otherwise you risk damaging the osteophytes with nerve trunks passing in the neck.
Six exercises of the isometric complex
In isometric gymnastics, the body's traversed area is not displaced in space: that is, there are no inclinations, twists and turns.
You or your partner put pressure on any part of the body, and by the forces of the muscles counteract this pressure. The number of repetitions of exercise of this complex of exercise therapy for cervical osteochondrosis depends on the degree of your preparedness: it can be 3-4 repetitions on each side, and 6-8.The duration of counteraction of the applied force during the execution of each repetition is 5-6 seconds.
The starting position in all exercises is below - sitting exactly on the chair, feet shoulder width apart.
With the palm of your hand, push the area of the temple and cheekbone from one side( left palm - left cheek, right palm - right cheek).
Tighten the muscles of the neck, rendering the arm counter.
Repeat on the other side.
Tie your fingers in the lock. In this position, press your forehead with your palms extended to it.
Straining your neck, counter the pressure.
Place your hands under your chin, closed in fists, and press down on the chin in the direction from the bottom up.
Do not move your head in space, provide resistance.
Hook your fingers behind your head in the lock. In this position, push the occipital-parietal region with your hands, as if trying to lower your head to the chest, and create a counter-head with your head.
The right hand with an open palm is located in the area of the left cheek and cheekbone. Push your hand against your face, as if trying to turn it to the right. Create resistance with the muscles of the neck.
Repeat the exercise for the opposite side.
Put your head on your chest, and cross your arms at the back of your head. Put your hands on the nape of the neck, and with the muscles of the neck, counteract such that slowly bring your head back to a vertical position.
Ten exercises of the dynamic complex
When doing this type of exercise therapy it is important not to overdo it:
- You can not make complete head turns around / counterclockwise.
- The maximum tilting of the head back is fraught with deterioration of the condition, therefore it is contraindicated.
- Movements should not be sharp, impetuous: all perform slowly, leisurely.
- Because osteochondrosis of the spine is often accompanied by instability of the posture, dizziness, therapeutic exercises with cervical osteochondrosis should be conducted in a sitting position on a chair.
- The number of repetitions is 5-8.
ExercisesStarting position Exercise
1. Sit with your back straight on a chair, place your legs slightly apart. Hands stretch forward in front of you.
Squeeze your hands into fists - unscrew them. Do the exercise several times, then shake your hands.
2. Sit on a chair, feet in front of you on the width of the shoulders, hands on the knees.
Raise the straightened arm to the side parallel to the floor. Without sudden movements, make turns with the body along with the hand in one direction, with the other hand - in the other direction( left arm - turn the body to the left, right - to the right).
3. Sit on a chair, bent at the knees of your feet a little apart, place your arms at the waist.
Tilt your head to the left and to the right, as if trying to get your ear to the appropriate shoulder.
4. Position sitting on a chair. Bend your hands as much as possible( elbows on shoulders).
Through the sides, raise the bent hands to a position parallel to the floor and lower them back.
5. Sitting, press the brushes in the seat of the chair on each side of the body.
In this position, hold the circles with the shoulder belt first on, and after counterclockwise.
6. Seated position.
With a small amplitude, turn the head to the left and to the right( as if looking to the left, then to the right).
7. In the sitting position, hold your hands in front of you in the lock.
Raise your hands in this position up to the level of the head, then lower it down.
8. Position sitting, hands on the chair seat.
Tilt your head on your chest - return to the upright position.
9. Continue to sit on a chair. Hands stretched down along the trunk.
Bend your arms in the elbows, sliding along the trunk with your palms upwards towards the armpits. With the same sliding motion, return your hands to their original position.
10. Sit on the chair. Hands at the seams.
Raise the elongated left arm in front of you no higher than to the level of the shoulder. The palm is down.
Simultaneously straighten the right hand, pull back( palm up).Repeat for the other hand.
Of course, exercise therapy is not a panacea, and to help with osteochondrosis of the spine was the most effective, you need a whole range of activities, including medications, manual therapy, physical therapy.
But LFK with osteochondrosis of the cervical spine does not require special equipment and even considerable space in the room, many exercises can be performed even in the workplace. And this is a great opportunity for each patient to help himself. Regular sessions of physiotherapy exercises have a beneficial effect not only on the course of the disease and the symptoms of the disease, but also on the mood, relieving patients from a feeling of depression, melancholy, fatigue and even depressive disorders.
Author: Elena Delver
Osteochondrosis of the cervical region affects bone and cartilage structures located in this area. In addition to them, vascular and neural bundles that approach the brain are involved in the pathological process. Because of the great mobility of this part of the spine, jaws and blocks can occur. To eliminate them apply various methods of manual therapy and drug treatment. Whereas exercise therapy for cervical osteochondrosis is necessarily included in the rehabilitation program of the patient after exacerbation.
Principles of physiotherapy
LFK with cervical osteochondrosis is appointed physical education doctor. Different parameters are taken into account. For example, patients with dizziness, which is associated with a violation of blood flow through the vessels is recommended to perform gymnastics while lying or sitting. This is due to the fact that they can lose balance, resulting in serious injury.
When conducting classes, you should follow the general rules for all:You should start the exercises with a doctor
- Do not exercise LFK with cervical osteochondrosis at the stage of exacerbation of the disease, because it can only intensify the symptoms or lead to irreversible changes.
- With instability and increased mobility in the neck, during gymnastics, a special soft collar should be worn. He will not allow the joints to shift, but will not severely restrict freedom of action.
- If during the examination of the patient massive bony expansions of the vertebrae are detected, then it is better to refrain from active movements during exercise therapy during osteochondrosis of the cervical region. Since the probability of osteophytes damaging nearby nerve trunks and vessels is high.
Effect of exercise therapy on the course of the disease
Therapeutic physical training in cervical osteochondrosis against the background of other methods of influence significantly improves the general condition of the patient. With the regular execution of the complex, the following effects are observed:
- improvement of blood supply to the affected area and brain tissue;
- reduction of edema due to normalization of lymphatic drainage;
- restoration of elasticity of ligaments and muscle fibers;
- strengthening of the near-vertebral muscles, thereby creating a soft additional frame for the nerves and vessels of the neck;
- decrease in the probability of formation of bone growths( osteophytes);
- recovery of the volume of movements in the intervertebral joints;
- adaptation of the vestibular apparatus to physical activity;
- elimination of spasm.
In addition, many doctors notice that after physical education with cervical osteochondrosis, the patient's mood significantly increases. That is, gymnastics sometimes helps to cope with depression, neuroses and other mental disorders caused by a severe prolonged course of the disease.
General rules for performing the exercises
During the exercises, it is necessary to follow the rules that will help improve the efficiency of gymnastics:Proper execution guarantees improvement of the
- state All exercises should be performed regularly and after appropriate preparation. With a load on unheated muscles, the risk of injury increases.
- If during the session the patient has pain, crunching or numbness, then stop it. The resumption of gymnastics is possible only after permission of the doctor and with normal state of health.
- It is important to ensure that during the exercise the spine is strictly vertical. This rule will help reduce the chance of damage and displacement of the vertebrae.
- Do not perform sharp or sweeping movements, as this can damage the ligaments and joints.
- It is absolutely forbidden to make full circles of the head and throw the head back as far as possible.
It is desirable to hold at least the first exercises of exercise therapy for cervicothoracic osteochondrosis together with a specially trained instructor. And then you can go on to do it yourself.
Complexes of gymnastics
The whole complex of exercise therapy for cervical osteochondrosis can be divided into two types. The first group is isometric contraction, that is, the load on the muscles, which does not lead to movement in space. This can be achieved by applying an opposing force( alone or with the help of an instructor).The second group of exercises includes standard gymnastics.
While performing isometric exercise for cervical osteochondrosis, it is better to use the help of a trainer for convenience, but you can do it yourself. Isometric exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
- Putting your right palm on the appropriate cheek, you need to press on the head, trying to tilt it to the left. At the same time, efforts must be made to resist this impact. Repeat similar manipulations for the left palm.
- Woven fingers, put your palms on the forehead and press on the head, trying to deflect it backwards. The neck muscles must resist this effect.
- By placing two folded fists under the chin, one should attempt to tilt the head downwards.
- Woven fingers, you need to put them on the back of your neck and try to throw your head back.
- Place your left palm on the right cheek, slightly turn your head to the left. Repeat for the opposite side.
- With your head tilted to the right shoulder, the left palm should be placed on the appropriate temporal area. Overcoming counteraction it is necessary to return a head in a habitual position. Repeat the same for the opposite side.
- Drawing his chin to his chest, put his hands on the back of his head. Slowly return the head to the vertical position, overcoming the resistance.
During dynamic physical training in the osteochondrosis of the cervical part, exercises are performed to maintain the tone not only of the neck itself, but also of the shoulder girdle:Complex of exercises( part 1)
- Having spread your legs, hands stretch out in front of you. Squeeze and unclench your fingers, then shake the brush.
- Joining your legs, lower your hands. Raise one hand parallel to the floor and move it to the side along with the upper half of the trunk. Exercise repeat for both sides.
- Slightly spread your legs, and put your arms around your waist. Trying to reach the corresponding shoulder with your ear.
- Raise the arms bent at the elbows to the sides, and place the brushes on the shoulders.
- Having lowered hands along a trunk, to make circular movements in a humeral joint.
- Breathing exercises, in which during the inspiration you need to expose the stomach, and during exhalation - tighten.
- In the same position, turn the head to the left and then to the right.
- Joining your legs, put your hands on your knees, and twist your fingers. Raise your arms upwards, combining this action with the inhalation, and then exhale down.
- To bend your head, bringing your chin to the jugular area as close as possible. Complex of exercises( part 2)
- Make sliding movements with the palms along the torso at the sides.
- Flatten and then dilute the shoulder blades.
- Make circular alternating movements with straight arms in the shoulder joint( similar to swimming style crawl).
- Raise your hands up through the sides, connect the palms, and then return to the previous position.
- Put the brush on the shoulders, make circular movements forward and backward.
- Hands stretch parallel to the floor, dilute them to the sides on inspiration and return to their former position on exhalation.
- Raising the left hand through the side up, you need to get to the right ear.
- Pull up the linked arms and alternately lower them to your knees.
- Draw the straight right arm back, and raise the left arm up, and then change the position.
- Bend your arms in the elbow joints, make movements, as if swimming with a style brace.
Video complexes of exercise therapy for cervical osteochondrosis
How to enroll in the exercise room
To start exercising exercise therapy, you do not need to go to a regular polyclinic. There are a large number of specialized medical centers in which specialists and instructors work. However, their services are paid.
Another option is to attend classes in the city clinic. For this, it is necessary to obtain a conclusion and direction of the neurologist and wait for his turn.
If you do not trust anyone but yourself, then you can perform the complex yourself at home. To do this, there is a large number of video programs and manuals.
In conclusion, I want to remind you that exercise therapy and osteochondrosis of the cervical region go hand in hand, as it is complex gymnastics that helps patients cope with this severe and chronic spinal disease.
Exercises, exercise therapy and gymnastics for cervical osteochondrosis
Exercises for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine are an effective method of therapeutic and preventive treatment aimed at improving blood supply, removing the inflammatory process and the symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis. Gymnastics with cervical osteochondrosis is constantly needed for a person suffering from this disease. Active way of life will help strengthen the spinal muscles, which in turn will stop the development of impaired functioning of the spine and relieve the patient of the pain syndrome.
Indications and contraindications to the appointment of gymnastics with therapeutic purpose
The main indications for therapeutic gymnastics for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine are:
- pains having a vertebrogenic cause;
- any clinical manifestations of cervical osteochondrosis;
- is a high risk of developing intervertebral disc damage, which can lead to fusion of the vertebrae with each other.
- Special contraindications to exercises for the neck in osteochondrosis specialists believe:
- acute phase of the disease;
- early postoperative period after surgical interventions on the cervical spine;
- chronic neurological disease;characterized by a pronounced coordination disorder;
- diseases of the organs of the vestibular apparatus;
- acute disease or exacerbation of chronic disease;
- high blood pressure levels;
- heart rhythm disturbances( arrhythmia);
- expressed myopia, the development of glaucoma.
With the diagnosis of cervical osteochondrosis, exercise should be started no earlier than an hour and a half after eating. If during a medical gymnastics with a cervical osteochondrosis the patient suddenly feels a sharp pain, nausea or dizziness, you should stop the exercise and sit down to rest.
Positive effects from curative gymnastics with cervical osteochondrosis
Therapeutic exercises with cervical osteochondrosis give effect quite quickly. In some patients, changes in the positive side become noticeable immediately after the first few days of performing exercises with cervical osteochondrosis. The rate of appearance of a positive effect depends on the form and stage of the disease, and if the improvement in the cutoff is not noticeable, the training plan should be adjusted, but it is necessary to continue them and the result will necessarily appear.
But this happens only if the course of exercise therapy is correctly chosen for cervical osteochondrosis. With an incorrectly selected plan for physical training, a drastic deterioration in the condition may occur. In order to choose a set of exercises for cervical osteochondrosis, you must always contact a competent specialist.
The gymnastics for the neck with osteochondrosis brings the following positive effects:
- The spinal muscles that support the spinal column are strengthened and become more plastic, this does not allow deforming the spinal column to develop.
- In the cervical spine improves blood flow and lymph flow, resulting in faster metabolism and faster recovery processes.
- Reduced activity of the inflammatory process.
- Restoration of the volume of movements in the spine.
- Decreased pressure on spinal nerve rootlets.
- Acquisition of correct posture.
- Weight reduction with regular exercise of physical therapy in cervical osteochondrosis causes a decrease in the load on the spine and large joints( if the patient has problems with excess weight).
To achieve a better effect, experts recommend the alternation of static and dynamic type of load and mandatory rest minutes between individual exercises. On the Internet in large numbers you can find video exercises for cervical osteochondrosis.
Recommendations for charging
Physiotherapy for cervical osteochondrosis does not require large cash injections, special gym equipment or trips to the gym, it is enough to have sportswear, a rug that will not slide on the floor, a chair with a high back, or( more preferably) a fitness ball .In order to make charging with cervical osteochondrosis bring a positive effect, it is necessary:
- . It's not easy to download video gymnastics from the Internet with cervical osteochondrosis, but it's necessary to consult a doctor before starting the exercises.
- The first lesson should last no longer than 20-25 minutes and each exercise throughout it has only one approach, afterwards the duration of the charge itself for osteochondrosis of the neck and the amount of approach can be gradually increased.
- The first few sessions must be carried out under the supervision of a specialist, until the patient learns how to do the gymnastics properly, and only then you can continue doing exercises at home.
- It is necessary not to forget that in the acute process, it is absolutely impossible to do gymnastics.
- All movements performed with cervical osteochondrosis of the gym should be very slow, accurate, smooth.
- You can not move your head in a circle or throw your head sharply in the direction of your back.
- Exercise for stretching or use pulling devices can only be under the supervision of a doctor, independent extension of the cervical spine can lead to serious injury, even gymnastics video for cervical osteochondrosis can not give an idea of how to properly draw.
- Any of the exercises should not cause even the slightest pain.
Complex for cervical-thoracic version of osteochondrosis
The complex of exercises for cervicothoracic osteochondrosis includes static and dynamic exercises that are designed specifically for those suffering from this disease. If you can not figure out how to do the movements yourself, you can watch the LFK video for cervical osteochondrosis. It is not necessary to perform the whole complex in the first lesson, you can do just a couple of exercises, but the main thing is not to forget about the alternation of static load and dynamic movements for the spine.
Performing these exercises requires special slowness and smoothness, the amplitude should be minimal, and the load on the muscles opposite the maximum. At the first lessons, the appearance of weak painful sensations( at the same time it is necessary to stop the exercise).Later, you may need to increase the load, for which you can use dumbbells of different weights.
- The starting position( PI) is standing, hands are divorced to the sides, palms facing forward. Inhale, bend and take back your hands, try to get the blades together. While it is possible to linger in the accepted position, relax during an exhalation( 5-6 repetitions in one call).
- IP - sit on the floor, back straight. On a slow inspiration, turn your head to the side until you feel tension in your muscles, turn back in exhalation. Then do the same in the other direction( 1-2 repetitions).
- IP - as in the previous exercise, perform a slow inclination of the head to one shoulder, then to the other. Straighten and make the slopes back and forth.
- IP - lie on the stomach, palms on the back of the head. On inhalation, try to lift the chest with muscle, tilt the head and try to touch the chest with your chin. Try to raise your head, under the pressure exerted by your hands.(3-4 repetitions).
The figure shows additional exercises for pain in the upper back.
Dynamic gymnastics with cervicothoracic osteochondrosis is performed at a fast pace, with alternating movements with periods of relaxation. The indicators of the correct speed can be considered the rapidity of respiratory movements and heartbeats. Video exercises for cervical osteochondrosis can be found on the Internet, viewing it will help to make the gymnastics correct and get rid of the basic mistakes of the complex, which are encountered practically by all involved.
- IP - standing, perform rotation with your hands 5-12 times forward and as much back. The amplitude of the movements is maximal.
- IP - as in the previous exercise, quickly raise the shoulders, first in turn, then both at once( repeat 5-12 times).
- IP - sitting, arm stretched out to the side, try to look at the palm without making a turn in the waist( turning only with his head).Return to the IP and execute in the other direction( repeat 5 to 12 times).
- IP- lie on your stomach, inhaling to lift the chest as high as possible from the floor, hands to pull up, exhaling to lie down on the floor( repeat 5-12 times).
In addition to the basic exercises, you can use yoga in cervical osteochondrosis, it will help relax and strengthen the muscles, as well as stretching the cervical spine.
For those whose work is associated with a long stay in one posture( mostly sitting), a good prevention of the development of disturbances in the functioning of the spinal column will be charging for cervical osteochondrosis. It must be done for several minutes every hour and a half of sitting work. Such charging includes turns and inclinations of the head, lifting and lowering of the shoulders, circular movements of the head and shoulders.
You can also read our article about the treatment of osteochondrosis with folk remedies and medications, along with exercises, this can be a great effect.
Video exercises for cervical osteochondrosis:Read more © The joints and ligaments 2015 when copying an active link to the source is required. For communication and accommodation: [email protected] Before using the information, consult a doctor!
LFK for cervical osteochondrosis: isometric and dynamic complex of exercises
Osteochondrosis affects cartilage tissues and bone system located in the vertebral parts. The complexity of osteochondrosis of cervical localization is the spread of the pathological process to the neurovascular system, which communicates with the brain.loading. ..
The column of the spine in the cervical region is characterized by increased mobility, which often leads to nerve pincers and blockages. To get rid of them, resort to therapeutic physical training, which significantly reduces the rehabilitation duration after osteochondrosis exacerbations.
The importance of exercise therapy for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine
Therapeutic physical training helps to eliminate swelling, normalizes nutrition and blood supply in the affected tissues, helps in the formation and strengthening of the muscular corset, increases motor abilities, etc.
For the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis, specialists developed a variety of different complexes:
- On strengthening of cervical and pectoral muscles;
- On motor coordination;
- Relaxation of muscle tissue;
- Swimming gymnastics, etc.
Therapy aimed at getting rid of osteochondrosis lesions needs a special approach, since such a pathology can negatively affect the functionality of the hands and the blood supply to the brain.
LFK in osteochondrosis lesions of the cervical vertebrae is rightly considered to be the most effective therapeutic technique providing muscular strengthening, increasing the motor amplitude of movements, relieving pain symptoms, preventing nerve root compression and muscle atrophy, improving the oxygen supply of the diseased area and brain.Due to the effect of exercise therapy, the elasticity of the intervertebral ligaments increases and the probability of bone formation( osteophytes), which can damage nearby nerves and vessels, decreases.
The main condition that guarantees the effectiveness of therapeutic physical education is the adherence to the right tactics and the daily execution of the exercises.
An important condition for the therapy of osteochondrosis by LFK method is proper posture. This must always be remembered, regardless of the activity currently performed: walking, sitting around the table, bustling in the kitchen, etc.loading. ..
Rules for the conduct of exercise therapy
For maximum effect, exercises of exercise therapy are required in compliance with a number of rules:
- Before starting the exercise, it is necessary to warm up the muscles a little, for this purpose it is advised to massage the neck or make several inclined and rotational movements of the head, alternately in each direction;
- In contrast to other localizations of osteochondrosis in the pathology of the cervical vertebrae, doctors are not recommended to perform physical exercises if the disease is in an aggravated stage;
- You need to start with the simplest practice, gradually completing the complex by increasing the number of repetitions and more complex elements;
- Specialists advise you to perform treatment sessions every day, preferably at the same time( in the evenings or after waking up);
- Perform complex should be without fuss and nervousness, move smoothly and smoothly. If you feel discomfort - stop the exercise and go on to the next one. It is necessary to exclude such elements that cause morbidity;
- LFK, performed with osteochondrosis of the neck, should additionally include training of the hands, pectoral and brachial muscles and joints.
Physiotherapy is not only charging on the rug, it involves training in simulators or swimming. Just do not choose yourself to exercise exercises, it will be much safer and more effective if the doctor does this.
Has proved its effectiveness in anti-osteochondrosis therapy and yoga, as this practice involves thoughtful and slow execution of exercises that are not capable of damaging the spine.
Therapeutic exercises help to stop the pathological destruction of vertebral discs and cartilage tissues, so they are necessarily included in the anti-osteochondrosis therapeutic complex. In general, exercises against cervicothoracic osteochondrosis are divided into two broad groups: dynamic and isometric complexes .Isometric exercises have a positive effect on blood supply and muscle corset, promote mental performance, improve visual functions and memory.
Isometric exercises are based on only one principle - the amplitude of oscillations in their execution should be minimal. This kind of exercise is aimed at strengthening the cervical and lateral muscle tissues. Such exercises are indispensable for those who are engaged in sedentary work, spending a lot of time at the computer or papers.
You can perform such physiotherapy exercises from any starting position, the main thing is that the shoulders should be deployed and the back straight:
- Place the palms with locked fingers in the forehead area and press as if you are going to tilt your head back. At the same time, resistance should be provided by the tension of the neck muscles;
- You need to press the palm on the cheek, as if you are trying to tilt your head, at the same time you have to resist the pressure, straining the muscles of your neck. Exercise should be done on each side for 3-4 rubles;
- Put the palms of your hand woven in your fingers on the occipital part and try to throw your head back while resisting the palms;
- Press your chin into your fists, try to tilt your head down while resisting your hands.
Video-complex of isometric exercises of physical therapy for cervical osteochondrosis:
These exercises involve overcoming resistance without motor activity. When performing, you need to strain the neck muscles for 5-6 seconds, then relax them for about 15 seconds. Each exercise must be performed at least 3 times. Over time, their number is increased to 7-10.During the exercise, you should strain your muscles with inspiration, and with exhalation - relax.
Dynamic exercises assume the presence of different degrees of stress on the cervical vertebrae, they have a beneficial effect on the health of the spine and prevent muscular atrophy.
Similar exercises can not be performed during the period of exacerbation of osteochondrosis.
The dynamic complex involves the motor activity of the neck muscles and vertebrae:
- Turns head - 15 times for each side;
- Head incline with the shoulders touching the shoulders - 10 rubles each.left and right;
- Lifting-lowering the shoulders with a 10-second delay, the elbows can not be bent. Exercise is especially useful for individuals who spend a lot of time at the monitor;
- Tilting head forward with a touch of chest chin. Make 10 times. Exercise increases vertebral flexibility and prevents muscular atrophy;
- Lying on the stomach, you need to raise your head, holding it in this position for about 2-3 minutes;
- Lying on his back pulling his knees to his chest and reach for them with his chin, trying to touch. Run at least 7 times.
Instead of warm-up, a set of similar exercises can be supplemented with circular movements and swinging hands.
Where can I enroll in LFK
Some patients do not have enough time to perform medical exercises, and some people are too lazy to do them. Help in this situation can be group lessons. Usually such a practice is present in each clinic, you only need to get a referral from a neurologist.
Those who do not want to jostle in the hospital queue of a public medical institution, you can contact a private medical center and enroll in paid courses or hire a personal instructor.The main thing is to contact the medical centers, and not the gyms, because the latter employ people with sports education who have nothing to do with medicine and do not know all the subtleties of conducting therapeutic and physical training.
There is another option. In the network you can find a lot of videos with the necessary exercises. Choose a suitable complex for yourself and discuss it with the doctor.
After your doctor's approval, start independent home activities. In general, the options are sufficient, most importantly, to adhere to the recommended exercises and correctly implement them, only then therapeutic exercise will help.
By the way, it is possible to perform similar exercises for the prevention of vertebral diseases in people at risk of their development.
Complex of exercise exercises LFK and massage with cervical chest osteochondrosis:Loading. .. Like this article? Share with your friends on social networks: Facebook
Therapeutic physical training does not need any simulators. Classes are absolutely free.
Conditions for obtaining positive results from gymnastics.
- Download from the Internet a video of the exercise course, having previously learned from the doctor which course is best suited.
- The important requirement: slow performance of exercises without jerks.
- Exercises alternate with respiratory gymnastics.
- Thoroughly monitor the pulse.
- You can not do rotational movements with your head and raise your head up sharply.
- Pulling exercises are done only under the supervision of a specialist. Independent experiments with the extension of the cervical spine are traumatic, because the video can not understand how to do stretching correctly.
- Pain during exercise should not be.
Complex of exercises for osteochondrosis
Exercises for cervicothoracic osteochondrosis are divided into static and dynamic. To make it more clear, you can see the video of gymnastics.
The speed of the movements is slow. It is necessary to try to minimize the amplitude of exercises, and the muscles at the same time load the maximum. In the period of the initial training may appear weak pain. In this case, the exercises should be suspended. When you need to increase the load, you can use a small weight dumbbell.
- From the standing position, hands to spread apart, palms facing forward. Inhale, bending to take your hands back and try to connect the shoulder blades. As long as possible to fix this position. Exhale and relax. Repeat 5 times.
- From a sitting position on the floor, keeping your back straight. Slowly inhaling, turn his head to the side until the tension in the muscles, slowly exhaling, turn his head back. Repeat the other way.
- From the sitting position, gently tilt the head first to one shoulder, then to the other. Straighten, lean forward and then back.
- From the prone position on the abdomen, put the palms on the back of the head. Inhale, try to lift one of the muscles with one muscle, then tilt your head, trying to touch the chest with your chin. Then raise your head, under the pressure of your hands. Repeat 3 times.
Dynamic exercises for cervicothoracic osteochondrosis require performance at a fast pace. Thus the periods of a pressure alternate with the periods of a relaxation. Video LFK for lesions of the cervical spine can be found on the Internet, and his careful viewing will relieve of inaccuracies in the exercise.
- From the standing position, 5 times to make the rotation of the hands forward and backward with a maximum amplitude.
- The starting position is the same, the rapid lifting of the shoulders, first in turn, then simultaneously. Repeat 5 times.
- From the sitting position, the hand is stretched to the side, try to look at the palm without turning in the lower back( only the head makes a turn).Go back to the starting position and make a move to the other side. Repeat 5 times.
- From the prone position on the abdomen, taking a breath to raise the chest above, stretch his arms up, making an exhalation to lie down on the floor. Repeat 5 times.
Among the video gymnastic exercises for neck and chest osteochondrosis are courses that are very popular. This adaptive gymnastics Bubnovsky, video exercises Dikul and video combined Pilyuiko. Each of them contributed to the development of techniques for restoring the affected cervico-thoracic spine.
Author of the article: