Therapeutic gymnastics( LFK) for cervical osteochondrosis - examples of exercisesOsteochondrosis of the cervical spine is an insidious disease. The age threshold of morbidity falls every year, so now the problem of cervical osteochondrosis treatment is as acute as never before.
Unfortunately, the penetration of medicine in different parts of our country leaves much to be desired, and now self-preventive maintenance of the disease and supportive therapy at home are extremely topical.
To help us come various exercises for the prevention and treatment of cervical osteochondrosis and professionally composed exercise therapy( therapeutic and physical education complexes).
Prophylaxis of cervical osteochondrosis.
The prevention of cervical osteochondrosis is massage and self-massage
.The warming up techniques of massage, rubbing, patting, restore blood circulation in muscles, relieve the tension of neck muscles. Massage can be done by itself, stretching and rubbing the back of the surface of the neck and the base of the skull, eliminating this stagnation of blood and restoring the circulation of the head.
The workplace should be comfortable. You should use an ergonomic chair. Elbows should lie at the table level, the back is straight, the computer monitor is slightly above the look. In work, you need to take breaks to reduce static loads on your back.
Preventive measure of osteochondrosis is the performance of exercises for the cervical department. Less dangerous are isometric exercises, consisting in counteracting the load for 5-6 seconds. The head opposes the pressure of the palm of the hand. Perform exercises without sudden movements, smoothly.
- Sitting at a table with a straight back. Put your elbow on the table, press your ear to the palm of your hand, tilt your head to your shoulder, counteracting it with your hand. Hold 10 seconds, 10 repetitions. The lateral muscles of the neck are strengthened. Repeat the same number of times in both directions.
- Sitting at the table, place your arm on the table on your elbow, lean on your palm forehead, rest your hand and press your head for 10 seconds. Repeat 10 times.
- Lie on the floor on your back. Push the back of the head to the floor. Hold the position for 5-6 seconds.
- Lie on the floor on your stomach, put pressure on the floor with your forehead.
- Lie on the floor on the left side, the left hand lies on the floor, put your head on it and press your head on your arm.
- Same for the right side.
- Sitting on a chair with a straight back, fingers to connect to the lock, put on the back of the head, press down the back of the head with the clasped fingers.
- Standing against the wall, squeeze the back of the head against the wall.
All of the above isometric exercises should be performed with effort for 5-6 seconds, then slowly relieve tension and relax. Do 5-10 repetitions.
Beneficial effect on the condition of the cervical department of the execution of the vises on the horizontal bar. You can perform visas with a wide and narrow grip for 30 seconds. Under the influence of its own weight, all spinal vertebrae are stretched.
You should pay attention to your habits, do not be hunched over the table, keep your posture, while talking on the phone, do not press the receiver with your ear to your shoulder.
Be sure to do every hour breaks in work. A good prevention is swimming.
Learn more about the symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis. Correct diagnosis is the key to the correct choice of treatment. Use Mawalis pricks with osteochondrosis read in our article.
Find out what to do when your head is aching with cervical osteochondrosis in this article - http: //osteocure.ru/bolezni/osteohondroz/ golovnaya-bol.html
To prevent illness, you can perform daily simple small exercise complexes. The program of Vladimir Perov presents quite accessible exercises. In order to determine the condition of the cervical spine, you can perform small tests: bend the head back and forth, tilt to the shoulder and turn the head to the left and to the right.
Normally, a person should bend his head 45 degrees, unbend 50. To tilt the head to the shoulder should be at 45 degrees, rotate the head 90 degrees in both directions.
Medical gymnastics for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine.
It is possible to begin exercises of therapeutic gymnastics only after the pain sensations stop. You can not perform exercises during an attack. After an attack, it is allowed to conduct isometric exercises of low intensity, in this case the muscles tense up, resisting the load. Muscles of the neck create a muscular corset, firmly holding the vertebrae.
All the exercises must be performed slowly, without jerks and sudden movements. Before performing gymnastic complexes, you should choose an individual technique, based on the opinion of a specialist.
Therapeutic exercise of Dr. Ignatiev.
- Position sitting, back and neck are straight. Turn the head to the right and left until it stops, but gently, not abruptly. Repeat 10 times.
- Seated position, straight back and neck. Lower your head down, try to touch your chest with your chin.10 repetitions.
- Position sitting, chin and neck pull back, 10 repetitions.
- The sitting position, hands freely hang down along the body. Gently lift your shoulders and hold for 10 seconds. Relax. Run 10 repetitions.
- Lying on a hard surface, knead 4 minutes of the neck muscles and the base of the skull. Try to perform massage intensively to improve the flow of blood.
- Rinse sitting or lying on a hard surface of the muscle between the shoulder blades and above the shoulder blades.
- In a circular motion, stretch the muscles over the ear and to the back of the neck.
A complex of exercises, combined with slow, calm breathing. Breathing helps focus on the performance of the exercise, helps to increase its effectiveness. Repeat preferably during the day several times. The amplitude of the movements is small. Lying position helps reduce the load on the vertebrae, you can not strive to do everything at once. The main thing is caution, gradualness and persistence of studies.
- Lying on the back on the floor. One hand on the abdomen, the other on the chest. A quiet breath - the stomach rises, then the chest. Exhalation is calm, long. It is necessary to try, that the exhalation was longer than inhalation. Perform freely, relaxed. Make 10 repetitions.
- Lying on the floor on the stomach. Slowly raise your head, then your shoulders, then rest with your hands in front of you, linger for 1 minute. Try to always remember the posture.
- Lying on the stomach. Hands are located along the trunk. Loosely, slowly turn your head, trying to touch the ear of the floor. Repeat left-right 6 times.
- Seated position. Head tilt forward, then back slowly tilt to the stop, but not sharply and not to pain. Repeat 10 times.
- Sitting at the table. Elbows put on the table, put your head in the palm of your hand, push your forehead against your palm. Try to strain as much as possible. Perform the exercise on exhalation. Repeat 10 times.
- Rotate the head alternately 5 times in the left and right side. If you feel pain, you should limit your chin to the left shoulder, then to the right to the shoulder. Repeat 6 times.
Video-manual on curative gymnastics with cervical osteochondrosis.
You can choose the most effective of the many video-manuals on curative gymnastics for the therapy of the cervical spine. It is better to follow the recommendations of existing manual therapists and trust their experience.
VD Gitt , experienced manual therapist, author of the micromotion theory , gives effective recommendations for performing exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
The theory of micromovement is that the food is absorbed by the cartilage while working. However, large loads destroy the cartilage. Small, in the "homeopathic" dose of movement, on the contrary, contribute to the assimilation of substances from the synovial fluid.
It is necessary to listen to the recommendations of the practicing manual doctor IE Kostyuk .Great work experience allows the doctor to tell simple language about complex things, to recommend the most effective set of exercises. Smooth and diverse neck movements, turns, slopes, combinations, a complex of thoughtful movements allow the complex to be used daily for people of all ages. Exercises for the neck department of Dr. Butrimov are available to everyone.
The complex of Mikhail Shilov works well on the muscles of the neck, without sudden movements and efforts, the back muscles are gently stretched under the effect of the weight of the head, the shoulders are released, and the ease of movement is restored.
Complex exercises LFK( therapeutic gymnastics) with cervical osteochondrosis of the spine. Video manual.
These exercises are suitable both for the treatment and prevention of cervical osteochondrosis, and for the cervicothoracic form of the disease.
Video manual on massage of the cervical collar zone with osteochondrosis.
Combining massage, self-massage, achieving medical massage techniques, controlling your posture and performing simple sets of exercises for cervical vertebrae, a person will gain ease, freedom, relaxed movements and, perhaps, forget about the existence of cervical osteochondrosis.
Exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
Exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
Cervical osteochondrosis is quite a serious disease, which even young people are exposed to today. With this disease, due to a change in the structure of the vertebrae, the intervertebral discs move, which in turn leads to pinching of the nerve.
Clinic of the disease
Such pathological changes can cause headaches and heart pain, numbness of the tongue, and dizziness. It is caused by the fact that pinching of the nerve leads to disruption of the work of some internal organs of a person. It is taking into account the characteristics of this disease that it can be treated not only with the help of medications, but also at home, regularly performing therapeutic exercises.
The effectiveness of therapeutic gymnastics
Therapeutic gymnastics is deservedly considered one of the most effective methods for treating cervical osteochondrosis. Even professional medics recommend including therapeutic exercises in a mandatory course of treatment.
The effectiveness of curative gymnastics is that with its help you can eliminate the changes that occur in the cartilage tissues. In the early stages, there is the possibility of completely eliminating osteochondrosis solely with the help of therapeutic gymnastics.
Basic exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
Basically, in order for therapeutic exercises to be really effective their complex should be coordinated with specialists, since for each person the exercises are individual. As an example, we can mention patients with osteochondrosis who have abnormalities in the vestibular apparatus.
For such people, the complex of exercises often excludes the performance of gymnastics, in a standing position, as they may become dizzy. Whatever it was during the first appearance of symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis, you need to contact a specialist who correctly plans the treatment.
Symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis
Cervical osteochondrosis has, although widespread, but quite pronounced symptoms. The first sign of this disease is a frequent headache, as well as dizziness. Especially painful sensations can be amplified during sharp movements of a head. Taking painkillers often does not help to get rid of a headache caused by osteochondrosis.
In addition to the above symptoms, the osteochondrosis of the cervical vertebral column is accompanied by unstable blood pressure, which can cause noise in the ears, as well as worsening of the general well-being of a person. It is from such symptoms that it is easiest to get rid of by performing gymnastics.
Pain sensations in the neck - one of the symptoms of osteochondrosis
In the later stages of cervical osteochondrosis, it can be recognized by aching pain in the chest that can be transferred to the hands. Moreover, such feelings can often be confused with heartache, but taking special medications, the pain does not go away.
Sometimes the patient may experience sensations of numbness in the hands. These are the main symptoms, which indicate that, most likely, a man has an osteochondrosis of the cervical spine. In order for the problem not to be aggravated, it is necessary to apply to a medical institution and undergo an appropriate course of treatment.
How to correctly perform therapeutic exercises
The effectiveness of therapeutic gymnastics is primarily due to the correctness of all the necessary exercises, as well as compliance with all the recommendations of specialists. There are several basic rules, the implementation of which will make therapeutic gymnastics as effective as possible.
The main rule of performing medical gymnastics concerns the stage of exacerbation of osteochondrosis. That is, if the disease is in the acute stage, all the exercises are strictly contraindicated, due to the fact that therapeutic gymnastics in such cases can exacerbate the problem, as well as provoke an increase in pain.
can also be used together with exercise therapy. Exercises for osteochondrosis of the cervical region are effective only if they do not cause the patient any discomfort and do not increase pain. If during the performance of the gym the patient begins to exacerbate the pain, then he needs to stop the exercises for a while. If, on the subsequent exercise, the pain does not pass, then it is recommended that you consult a doctor to coordinate the gym.
It is very important during the gym exercises to monitor the correctness of posture. It is necessary to scorch to improve the effectiveness of the exercises, as well as to avoid injuries to the cervical department during classes.
Physiotherapy exercises should consist of a set of exercises with smooth movements. Sharp movements during the performance of medical gymnastics are contraindicated, due to the fact that they can on the contrary provoke the development of this disease. Whatever it was to perform any medical exercises should be very carefully and carefully, as negligence can lead to negative consequences.
It is recommended to perform exercises in the complex
. Medical gymnastics is now very effective not only for cervical osteochondrosis, but also for other serious diseases of the musculoskeletal system and internal organs of a person. It is due to all that with the help of gymnastics you can start recovery processes, reduce symptoms, strengthen muscles and not only. The main and indisputable advantage of therapeutic gymnastics can certainly be considered its accessibility. That is, therapeutic exercises can be performed independently at home, so this does not entail any additional costs.
The most effective exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
As already mentioned, therapeutic gymnastics is often individual, but still there are the most common and effective exercises that almost all patients with a diagnosis of cervical osteochondrosis recommend.
The first exercise is performed in a prone position and consists in the correct breathing technique. The patient should lie on his back and stand up, his left hand should be placed on his chest, and the right one on his stomach, this will help control the uniformity of breathing. After a strong inspiration you need to hold your breath for an average of 10 seconds, then exhale and repeat the exercise. Often such an exercise should be performed for 3 minutes, at least three times a day.
The next exercise is also performed in the position, lying, only on the stomach. The main condition for this exercise is straightened legs, since this is how you can achieve maximum effect.
One of the effective controls of the
Having taken the right position, you need to tear off the upper part of the trunk from the surface on which the patient lies and again lower it. Between the climbs it is recommended to pause in twenty seconds, and the exercise itself should be repeated for 3-5 minutes to five times a day.
The third most effective exercise is performed in a position lying on the back, with legs bent at the knee area. Having adopted such a position, it is necessary to carry out turns with the body in different directions, again adhering to the interval of 20 seconds. This exercise should be repeated for five minutes.
In addition to the exercises promoting recovery, a network of activities that are used as prevention. Especially necessary are such exercises for patients with a diagnosis of chronic osteochondrosis.
The first exercise is performed standing or sitting, the main thing is that the back is flat, taking the right position, you need to do head inclinations forward, while tilting downwards you need to take a deep breath, and returning to the starting position - exhale.
After this, you need to press the palm into the forehead area, and you need to apply a lot of force.
The third exercise is to tilt the head to the chest, while standing, and the quadruple in the head turns when lying down.
Often, all the above exercises are combined in a complex, while simultaneously it is recommended to perform both therapeutic and preventive exercises. This therapeutic exercise will help strengthen the cervical spine and thus reduce the symptoms of osteochondrosis. Such exercises deserve many positive reviews, and therefore are very widely used, both at home and in medical institutions. Therapeutic gymnastics is capable not only to get rid of unpleasant symptoms, but also to speed up the treatment of osteochondrosis.
Video - Exercises for osteochondrosis of the cervical department
Therapeutic exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
Therapeutic exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine is a fairly common disease of the spinal column, as this department is very mobile and has a constant load to supportneck. This disease is characterized by degenerative changes in the spine. The sprawling bone tissue on the vertebrae adversely affects the muscles and ligaments around them, causing pain.
Painful sensations in cervical osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine develops gradually and at the initial stage of the disease does not manifest itself very much. More serious changes, for example, as an intervertebral hernia, occur in the third stage of the disease.
The intervertebral hernia of the cervical region is a complex, serious and painful complication of osteochondrosis. To prevent such complications, it is necessary to diagnose osteochondrosis in time and to comply with all the prescriptions of the doctor. One of the main conditions for a complete recovery is exercise therapy with cervical osteochondrosis. It is prescribed at a time when the acuteness of the disease is over.
Importance of physical activity in cervical osteochondrosis
Physiotherapy is prescribed for patients with osteochondrosis only after removal of acute pain. Special physical exercises allow to strengthen the muscular corset around the spine, making it more plastic.
Medical gymnastics helps to increase blood supply to muscles and joints, preventing the complication of this disease, as well as the appearance of other pathologies in the spinal column.
Exercises on the development of flexibility prevent further progression of the disease. The first lessons of physiotherapy exercises can be conducted only under the supervision of a doctor. Only a doctor can make up for you an individual complex that suits your health condition and will be your "life-saving" circle in everyday life.
Osteochondrosis is often a chronic disease, so inadequate physical activity, uncomfortable posture during work or stress, can provoke an exacerbation of the disease. However, applying curative gymnastics at home, performing a complex, for example, after summer work or a long trip behind the wheel, you can avoid exacerbation and feel comfortable.
LFK for cervical osteochondrosis
Simple exercises for restoring full-time operation of the cervical department of
All exercises for therapeutic purposes should be performed very smoothly, avoiding sudden movements. Categorically forbidden to tilt back the head of movement, as well as rotational movements of the head. Here are a few simple exercises to improve mobility in the cervical spine, as well as to increase blood flow:
- Exercise is performed sitting on a chair, the back is straight. Tilt your head to one shoulder, then to the other, as much as possible. Repeat from five to ten times;
- Turn the head to the right and left, to the highest possible level. Do the exercise at least ten times;
- Flexibility in the cervical spine will add head tilt to the front, before touching the chest with the chin. The back muscles of the neck with this exercise are perfectly stretched. Perform ten to twelve times;
- Strengthen the lateral muscles of the neck will help the following exercise - counteraction. Place the elbow on the table and rest your palm on the temporal part. Tilt your head in this direction, counteracting your hand. Counteraction lasts up to 10-12 seconds. The exercise is repeated up to ten times in each direction, with small interruptions( up to ten seconds);
- Perfectly strengthens the front muscles of the neck exercise-resistance or overcoming resistance. Exercise is done at the desk. One hand rests on the table with the elbow, and the palm rest on the forehead. Pressing his head on his hand, you need to keep the resistance. Pressing the head for up to ten seconds. Perform this exercise up to ten times with a break of ten seconds;
- Excellent stretches and relaxes the lateral muscles of the neck following exercise. You can perform as sitting on a chair, or standing up. Raise the shoulders up simultaneously and hold them in the raised state for up to ten seconds. Then relax your shoulders. Perform up to ten times with a small interval.
Curative gymnastics for the neck muscles
Massage and self-massage during the remission of
When the acute period of the disease is left behind, self-massage or massage is prescribed to help patients with cervical osteochondrosis. The cervical spine does not tolerate any sudden movements. All massage movements should be smooth, deep, not traumatic. You can apply stroking, vibration, smoothing and kneading.
Any self-massage begins and ends with stroking movements that prepare the cervical section for other effects. Raziranie and kneading affects the muscles of the neck and collar zone more deeply, contributing to the inflow of blood to them. Vibration movements are performed by tapping the rib of the palm or patting.
With headaches, as a consequence of cervical osteochondrosis, help to remove the spasm of rubbing with the fingertips of the temporal zone, the occipital region. Self-massage is applicable for hands, shoulders and collar zone. Of course, this is not very convenient to do, therefore, if possible, it is best to seek the help of an experienced masseur.
Massage - as an effective way to treat and prevent cervical osteochondrosis
Massage from the back of the neck and the area between the shoulder blades is difficult to carry out independently. The masseur must perform the procedure carefully and neatly, while at the same time it is good to knead the muscles. The first few massage procedures should be less intense and shorter in time.
Recommendations for the conduct of exercise therapy
Physiotherapy in all diseases, and with cervical osteochondrosis, including, can be prescribed only after the end of the acute period of the disease. It is not the main treatment, but is an addition to the main therapy.
In addition, exercise therapy does not replace physiotherapy, but can be performed with them in a complex, as an intensifying factor in the effectiveness of treatment. No exercise from the treatment complex should cause pain. They should cause relief, relieve tension and be an incentive for further studies. The physical load increases very gradually.
Pilates with cervical osteochondrosis
You need to start with simple exercises under the supervision of a doctor. Regular exercises in physiotherapy for three weeks become a good habit that helps a person live without pain. Many patients, performing various physical activities during the day, for example, working in the garden, long walks, strokes, cleaning, etc., think that this can replace the medical complex. This is not true! Conversely, with increased physical exertion, it is recommended to perform a charge, so as not to provoke an exacerbation of osteochondrosis.
Factors influencing the development of osteochondrosis
- Great physical load;
- Prolonged position in an uncomfortable position;
- Sitting work;
- Unbalanced power;
- Lack of regular physical activity;
- Curvature of the spine;
- Professional activities related to lifting of gravity, vibration, etc.;
- Chronic diseases of an exchange nature, for example, diabetes mellitus;
- Static loads;
- Wrong bed and pillow.
Video - Therapeutic exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
Therapeutic gymnastics for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine( photo and video)
Rules for the exercise
Before starting physical therapy, patients with osteochondrosis should know certain rules, observing which you can get the maximumeffect in the therapy of ailment:
- in case of exacerbation of the disease, physical education is not carried out, since pain can increase, complications develop;
- when carrying out exercise therapy it is necessary to follow the posture, this will prevent trauma of the spine;
- LFK should not cause pain and discomfort. At the first manifestations of these symptoms, the exercise stops, and the patient should consult a doctor;
- exercise LFK perform smoothly, without sudden movements. Careless, abrupt movements can provoke an exacerbation of the disease, the onset of pain syndrome.
LFK for cervical osteochondrosis
Gymnastics for cervical osteochondrosis: morning hours
Exercise # 1.Alternate pressing of the palms on the temples, forehead, crown, occipital part. Pressure to produce a few seconds. This, simple at first glance, exercise will normalize the blood supply and help with dizziness in the osteochondrosis of the spine.
Exercise # 2.With effort, let's lower our chin down to the sternum. We do it slowly and, as it were, with effort.
Exercise # 3.Slowly, with maximum amplitude, we perform head turns to the right and left.
Exercise # 4.Slowly, with the maximum amplitude, we perform head-to-left rotations from the position "the chin is lowered down".
Exercise # 5.We throw the head back as far as possible - we try to touch the ear with the ear.
This treatment complex should be done in the mornings, as it kneads the frozen muscles after sleeping, performing all the exercises slowly. What not worth doing is circular movements of the head, as they can injure the cervical vertebrae.
Therapeutic exercises in the daytime or in the evening
The following exercises require more effort and load, more space and place, and therefore carry them better in the daytime or in the evening, but not before the dream itself.
Exercise # 1.The starting position is lying on the floor, legs are stretched out. We put one hand on the stomach, the other on the chest. We take a small breath and simultaneously strain the muscles of the press. We hold the voltage for a few seconds, relax.
Exercise # 2.The starting position - lying on the back, limbs - legs and arms are stretched out. We bend our legs in the lap, pulling them to the chin, while lifting our head.
Exercise # 3.The same initial position, but we lift the shoulders and head.
LFK in osteochondrosis of the spine stimulates and normalizes blood circulation in the head and neck, eliminates headaches and dizziness, improves metabolism in the neck and head, improves access to nutrients and oxygen, slows down degenerative processes.
Like any other therapy, exercise therapy has contraindications. Classes do not begin with exacerbation of the disease, which is accompanied by fever and severe pain.
Contraindication to the onset of exercise therapy can be any acute condition - influenza or acute respiratory disease.
Additional tips in the fight against cervical osteochondrosis
If during the performance of physical exercises standing there are difficulties - dizziness, noise in the ears, loss of landmark, gymnastics can be spent sitting on a chair, observing a slow pace. Vestibular disorders are corrected over time, and exercise therapy will be easier and without side effects.
Important point - exercise therapy should be performed, combining with proper breathing, regular massage and rubbing warming ointments. Experienced specialists recommend taking additional sedatives, vitamins, especially group B. These additional agents favorably affect the state of the autonomic nervous system and improve the blood supply of cartilages and tissues.
The best methods to prevent exacerbation and relapse of the disease are sleep on the orthopedic pillow, mattress, contrast shower, it is desirable to take daily, regular walks in the fresh air, swimming.
LFK in conjunction with a healthy lifestyle, the correct organization of the workplace - a pledge to prevent serious consequences of the disease.
How to cure cervical osteochondrosis at home
Now complex treatment of osteochondrosis of the cervical region is possible at home. To achieve better health and alleviate pain symptoms is entirely realistic if one adheres to the right diet and leads a flexible lifestyle. Daily diet for cervical osteochondrosis should contain products that promote the regeneration of cartilaginous tissue, they include:
- beans, cereals, vegetables, fruits;
- containing proteins: nuts, eggs, low-fat varieties of poultry, fish;
- unsaturated fatty acids: flax seed, oily sea fish;
- products rich in calcium: milk, cottage cheese, leafy vegetables.
Excellent vibroacoustic instrument "Vitafon" helps, which in the treatment of osteochondrosis at home is very well proven. The device acts on the focus of pain with ultrasonic waves, as a result of which the process of cartilage regeneration is accelerated, inflammation of tissues passes and damaged cells are restored."Vitafon" does not cause any harm, because treatment is carried out by acoustic waves, which are natural for the human body.
Massage and self-massage
A successful home treatment is performed with the help of massage or self-massage. This procedure relieves tension, relaxing the clamped muscles of the neck. After massage, the circulation in the intervertebral discs improves, which gives a quick relief to the patient. The procedure of self-massage is performed sitting and is performed by rubbing, stroking and kneading movements in the nape. But in order to get a better effect, it's better to invite a qualified masseur.
Medical gymnastics has no less effect than medical treatment of osteochondrosis, and is the basis of recovery. Exercises do not take much time, especially since it is easy to carry them out at home. Gymnastics is aimed at easing the pain syndrome with osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, stretching the ligaments and relaxing the muscles of the neck. But you need to do the exercises only after consulting a doctor and very carefully, so as not to harm the body.
Acupuncture is a very effective way of treating osteochondrosis, but not everyone will decide on acupuncture. For home use there is a similar device - needle applicator Kuznetsov, in which paired or single needles are located on a belt with fasteners or on a cushion. Even if only half an hour a day to lie on the applicator, it will provide the patient not only relief, but also recovery.
Recipes of traditional medicine
When asked about how to cure osteochondrosis of the cervical part at home, as a rule, means people's means. Herbal treatment is economical, effective, and most importantly - safe. You do not need to buy expensive medications to relieve pain, which can also have negative consequences in the form of side effects. To the natural remedies of folk medicine, which help with cervical osteochondrosis, include:
- Horseradish leaves. It is necessary to attach the sheet from behind to the neck and fix it for the night. By the morning the pain will pass away.
- Potatoes. It should be rubbed with honey in the same proportion, so that the mixture resembled a consistency ointment. Use the product as a compress at least once a week.
- Effective compresses made from vodka( 1 liter) with freshly squeezed aloe juice( 1 tbsp.), Mustard powder( 1 tbsp.) And propolis( 50 g).The mixture is impregnated with tissue and applied to the neck, fixing with a woolen cloth, the procedure is carried out 1-2 times a week for the night.
Methods of preventing the disease
It is easier to prevent osteochondrosis than to treat it for a long and long time. Preventive maintenance includes observance of a posture, fitness exercises, employment on simulators, sports walking, yoga, swimming. It is necessary to sit properly at the table and computer, you can not throw your head back for a long time or tilt when lifting weights. When writing or reading, it is not recommended to bend low over the surface of the table, and during sleep it is advisable to use an orthopedic pillow.
Video: a set of exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
Neck pain is caused by displacement of vertebrae or jamming of nerve endings. This is familiar to people who have long been sitting in an uncomfortable position. When the pains sharpen, they become squeezing and burning, localizing on the occiput, in the shoulders and lateral sections of the neck. It is often felt tingling or numbness in the hands, when there is a spasm of blood vessels. Regular exercises will improve blood circulation in the neck, make the vertebrae elastic.
Before starting a set of exercises, you should conduct a test for cervical osteochondrosis. To do this, tilt your head forward and pull your chest out with your chin. Then rotate your head left and right. If there is pain when cornering, then you need classes first. See in the video the complex of exercises for cervical osteochondrosis from the doctor of sports medicine Alexandra Bonina:
Svetlana, 28 years old: "I suffer from osteochondrosis of the cervical department for many years. I tried a lot of money, but they only helped temporarily. I decided to purchase Kuznetsov's applicator. After the first application, the state of health improved for the whole day. Now I use constantly and about pains in a neck have forgotten ".
Maria, 36 years old: "I work near a computer, so the neck area hurts constantly. I'm saving with acupuncture - this is not a terrible and painless procedure. The neck after each session moves more freely, the head ceases to make noise, and pains leave. The doctor said that a couple more sessions, and I will be completely healthy! ".
Alexei, 38 years old: "I went through many procedures, but cervical osteochondrosis kept coming back. Now I understand one thing: you need to do gymnastics, move a lot and lead an active lifestyle not from time to time, but constantly, then there will be no osteochondrosis, and you will not have to spend money on his treatment. "
Gymnastics and exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis is a disease of the spine, accompanied by degenerative changes in cartilaginous and bone tissue, namely, disruption of intervertebral disc functioning, wear of their hyaline layer and increase in the viscosity of the pulpous core. As a result of the development of the disease, the intensity of the microcirculation of the blood of the affected segment of the spine decreases, bone osteophytes grow and the adjacent nerve roots become entangled.
Chest-chest osteochondrosis is a common form of the disease due to the high load on this area of the body during mental work, as well as the rapid susceptibility to age-related wear of the thin intervertebral discs of the cervical spine.
Why is gymnastics for the neck so important?
Treatment of osteochondrosis is long, including a whole complex of therapeutic and prophylactic measures - medical, physiotherapeutic, with the obligatory observance of the recommended mode of motor activity and proper nutrition.
In advanced cases, it may be necessary to promptly intervene for the dissection of the disc, which often occurs when a herniated intervertebral disc. Numerous studies prove that it is possible to prevent severe consequences by regularly performing simple sets of physical exercises for training muscles and vertebrae of the neck.
The advantages of exercise therapy for cervical osteochondrosis are obvious:
- Improvement of the blood circulation of the zone, hence - increased blood supply and nutrition of the cartilage tissue and the nucleus of the discs and the achievement of positive dynamics in their qualitative state.
- Deceleration of destruction processes of intervertebral discs, prevention of their early involution, restoration of the physiological bending of the spine.
- A marked reduction in the pain syndrome , restoration of neck mobility due to a decrease in static load.
- Improvement of cerebral blood supply to , as a result of which headaches, sleeping problems may disappear, and work capacity will increase.
- Preventing the growth of bone osteophytes , compression of nerve roots and muscle atrophy, strengthening of the cervical collar zone.
- Restoration of sensitivity of the upper extremities , prevention of heart diseases, lungs due to correction of the spinal cord.
- Normalization of blood pressure.
Thus, performing exercises for the neck will not only help to cope with the existing disease, but also can become a prevention of its occurrence.
Rules to keep in mind: safety techniques for neck exercises
A set of exercises is often recommended by the doctor in charge.Self-fulfillment of home gymnastics requires mandatory coordination with a specialist, as well as the following recommendations:
- In the event of pain, numbness, the body stops immediately.
- During an exacerbation of osteochondrosis, it is better not to practice workouts or perform simple gymnastics that does not lead to increased pain. Some patients exercise helps to alleviate the pain syndrome, so an individual approach and listening to the sensations of one's own body is important.
- Contraindications to gymnastics are acute infectious diseases, oncological and cardiac diseases and other serious systemic disorders in the body.
- It is not necessary to perform all the proposed exercises in one approach. It is advisable to independently develop a comfortable training program, while periodically supplementing it with new exercises.
- The total duration of the neck workout is no more than 30 minutes, the optimal - 15 minutes several times a day.
- It is recommended to alternate gymnastics for the neck with a self-massage of the cervical-collar zone.
- The first classes are always performed using the minimum loads and the amplitude of the movements.
- Before training the neck, you need to warm it up, for example, by stretching the muscles a little with your hands or attaching a cloth moistened with warm water.
- And the last: the regularity of gymnastics is important, and also the patience reserve - the first health improvements can not come instantly!
Complex of exercises for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine
Classes can be performed in different starting positions. Sitting on a chair, you can perform such exercises:
- Pull your hands along the body, relaxing them. Slowly turn the head to the right, then - to the left. If there is no discomfort, the rhythm of exercise is accelerated;the number of repetitions is 15, the purpose is to eliminate the limited movements of the neck.
- As in the previous version, the hands are freely located along the body. The head slides down smoothly, the chin stretches to the chest;The first stage of the exercise is combined with a deep breath. On exhalation, the head returns to its upright position. This exercise is aimed at improving the flexibility of the spine and preventing muscle atrophy;the number of repetitions is 10.
- A variation on the lowering of the chin will be the following: when tilting it down you need to touch the shoulders, slightly delayed in the state of tilt. Then do the same, pulling your shoulders to your shoulders, while moving your head slightly to the right and left.
- Specialists do not recommend strongly tilting the head back. Therefore, in the next exercise - the deflection of the head and neck to back - you need to focus on the plasticity of the movement, while pulling your chin up. This occupation perfectly restores the natural position of the cervical vertebrae;the number of repetitions is 8.
- Raise the shoulders, without bending arms in the elbows. Retained in this position for 10 seconds, you can relax and repeat the exercise 7 more times. This option is suitable for warming the muscles of the cervico-brachial region during prolonged work at the computer.
- Attach both hands to the forehead, then forcefully press on them with your head, trying to push. Duration - 10 seconds. Repeat similarly for temples( in turn), occiput, ears;The exercise is useful for improving the circulation of the neck and head.
- Effective will pull the head as deeply as possible into the shoulders of the inspiration, and then raise it - on exhalation. The number of repetitions is 10;such an exercise helps to improve blood microcirculation.
Classes from the starting position - lying on the back;purpose - stretching the spine in order to increase the space between individual vertebrae, strengthening all the muscles of the neck.
It is recommended to repeat each task 5-7 times:
- Place a flat pillow under your head and press hard against it, straining your neck and neck muscles.
- Pull your hands along the body, raise your head slightly. Rotate the head clockwise( 10 seconds), and then - counter-clockwise( the same number).
- After raising your head, touch your chin with your chin, translate your chin a couple of times to the right and to the left. Then raise your head up and do another repetition of the exercise.
- Raise your head above the body and hold it for 5 seconds. Repeat, turning one by one on each side.
- Bind your knees bent at the knees, pull them to the chest. Then stretch your head to your feet and touch your forehead with your knees.
- Feet bend at the knees, lift above the body, then move the body in both directions. The head and neck should be left in place when performing.
- Raise your arms to the sides, then turn the body to the right - on inspiration, left - on exhalation, while twisting your head in opposite directions.
The initial position is lying on the abdomen. The number of repetitions and the appointment of the training is the same as in the previous position:
- Place the chin at the level above the body( slightly lifting it), then make head-turns to the right and left, touching the ears of the shoulders.
- Repeat similarly, but place the chin on the palms.
- Keep your head in the raised state for a few seconds.
- With undulating movements, raise the shoulders, neck and head above the floor level, lingering slightly in this position.
After the operation
After the surgery for the removal of the intervertebral disc, after the lapse of time recommended by the doctor, you can perform such a set of exercises( sitting on a chair):
- Spread your arms out to the sides, bend down, then lower your arms and try to touch the toes with your fingers. Do not forget to inhale deeply and exhale slowly.
- Inhale, tilt the body towards the left leg and reach for the foot with your hands, then exhale. Repeat from the opposite side.
- Sit on the very edge of the chair, cross your arms behind your head. Move the body to the right and left, with the back of the head pressing on the palm of the hand.
- Place your hands on your waist. Chin strongly extend in front of him, and then make them circular movements( the circle should be drawn perpendicular to the body).Then repeat the same way, just rotate the chin in the opposite direction.
- Get up from the chair, reach out with your hands and head upwards for inspiration, then sit down and exhale.
- Take the ball in your hands, pull them in front of you. Torso to turn in one direction, hands and head - in the opposite direction.
- From the same position, lean forward, while rolling the ball on the wall and watching him with his eyes( dropping and raising his head).
It is necessary to remember , that in all exercises with head retention it is necessary to prolong the time of its delay in the air as the body's capabilities develop from 5 to 60 seconds. You can also gradually increase the number of repetitions, but within reasonable limits.
Additional advice in the fight against cervical osteochondrosis
If difficulties are encountered with performing exercises standing( for example, dizziness), is recommended to conduct training without getting up from the chair , while observing a slow rhythm of movements. Over time, vestibular disorders are corrected, so warm-up for the neck will become easier and more familiar.An important point is the combination of exercises with the correct breathing technique, as well as regular massage and rubbing of warming creams in the cervical collar zone.
Additionally, experienced doctors advise taking plant sedatives, vitamin complexes( especially, B vitamins) due to their beneficial effect on the autonomic nervous system and improvement of trophic and blood supply of tissues.
Sleep on an orthopedic mattress, daily contrast showers, walks, swimming are the best methods of preventing relapse of the disease, and exercises of therapeutic gymnastics combined with the correct organization of the workplace and a healthy lifestyle are a pledge to prevent serious consequences of cervical osteochondrosis.
Video exercises for cervical and thoracic osteochondrosis
Treatment of cervical osteochondrosis at home( photo, video)
Clinic of the disease
Cervical osteochondrosis is characterized by a specific clinic, due to the peculiarities of the structure of the vertebrae of the neck, the presence of a constant load on theDepartment. The clinic of the disease is characterized by headache, nausea, dizziness, flashing "flies" before the eyes, a decrease in sensitivity in the hands, which is accompanied by numbness.
In addition, we must not forget that in the neck there are a large number of nerve and vascular formations, as well as the vertebral artery, which is responsible for supplying blood to the posterior parts of the brain. Squeezing this artery can lead to a stroke. Therefore, it is important to know the first symptoms of her defeat: impaired coordination of movements, dizziness, nausea, deterioration of hearing.
Where to start treatment?
Therapy for osteochondrosis in the neck is not recommended to conduct independently, because choosing the wrong methods can seriously damage the body. Therefore, the question: "How to cure cervical osteochondrosis?", It is best to ask a specialist immediately. The doctor will get acquainted with the survey data, help to remove pain symptoms and choose an effective treatment suitable for your condition. It must be remembered that the doctor's control is needed not only when the illness worsens, but also at its early stages, when the disease is easiest to cure.
Treatment of cervical osteochondrosis is carried out only after an accurate diagnosis, while taking into account the various factors that affect the development of the disease. Treatment includes various methods and means, the purpose of which is to eliminate inflammation and pain symptoms.
Complex treatment can be performed with:
- analgesics, antispasmodics and anti-inflammatory drugs;
- stimulators of tissue repair, combining them with gels or ointments that contain anti-inflammatory substances;
- manual therapy( exercise therapy, reflexology);
- surgical intervention( only in case when other methods of struggle are powerless).
In addition, you can observe a special diet and perform simple exercises, in some cases you need to use a special locking collar.
All of the above methods should only be used as directed by the doctor!
Independently, simple analgesic procedures can be performed, such as: taking analgesics, applying "dry heat" in the damaged area. But such measures will bring only temporary relief. Treatment of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine is urgent, it must be started as soon as the disease is diagnosed. The sooner measures are taken, the more chances of recovery.
Medical treatment methods
Treatment of osteochondrosis in the neck should be carried out with the help of various groups of medications. This makes it possible to control the disease, slow the degenerative process, partially restore the affected tissue. It is impossible to completely cure this disease, but the responses of doctors and patients prove that with a balanced combination of treatment and physical exertion, a long-term remission is possible.
Clinic of the disease requires the use of the following drugs:
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs( NSAIDs).They are excellent anesthetics for cervical osteochondrosis. There are NSAIDs in a variety of forms: ointments, gels, pills, injections. The most popular are analgin and diclofenac. But, taking the funds of this group, it must be remembered that with prolonged use, side effects associated with the mucous membrane of the stomach can develop. To avoid this, you can take NSAIDs together with antispasmodics, which relieve tension in the muscles.
- Hormones. Are appointed to eliminate the radicular syndrome that occurs when nerve fibers are squashed. Most often, Dexamethasone is used in tablets or in injections. Anesthetics( Anesthetics).Used for neuromuscular invertebrate blockades. When blockade pain symptoms are eliminated due to the influence of anesthetic on the nerve fiber. The most famous anesthetics are novocaine, lidocaine.
- Local anesthetics. Irritant and warming medicines are prescribed topically in order to eliminate pain symptoms and improve blood flow in the damaged area. At the stage of exacerbation, it is necessary to stop using these medications.
- Drugs for improving blood microcirculation. Most often prescribed drugs such as Trental, Curantil, Nicotinic acid, Actovegin. Thanks to them, blood flow can be improved and the peripheral blood flow can be influenced, which will lead to an acceleration of tissue nutrition in the lesion site, reduction of edema and inflammation.
- Vitamin complex. You can take it during remission to improve nerve conduction. Be sure to take vitamins B6 and B12.And also A and C, which strengthen the vascular wall.
- Chondroprotectors. They are used as an effective means to stop the degenerative process in the neck. Preparations of this group prevent the destruction of cartilage, alleviating the associated pain symptoms.
With the use of the collar of Shantz for osteochondrosis in the neck area, some unpleasant symptoms can be cured. There are several types of collars, so when choosing the right one, you need to consult a specialist.
Shantz collar is a dense frame roller, fastening around the neck and fixing the vertebrae in the desired position, which allows to guarantee rest to the injured area. A similar mechanism has a collar with an inflatable interlayer located between the rollers. After fixing the device, the patient pumped air with a pear. The degree of inflation should be regulated by the doctor, because if the tension is too strong, you can even more seriously injure damaged tissue.
Some patients leave negative reviews about cervical collars. Most often this is due to improper attachment of the device or excessive use.
It's important to remember that you only need to start using the collar according to the doctor's prescription, which will help you pick it up and teach you how to fix it!
This method is necessary only when conservative methods of treating osteochondrosis in the neck region are ineffective. The decision on the appointment of an operation is made by a neurosurgeon after the clinic has been examined and the patient has undergone the necessary examinations. The most commonly performed removal of the intervertebral disc in the event of its destruction and the entry of small debris into the cavity of the spinal canal.
Osteochondrosis refers to those diseases that are easier to prevent than to cure. Therefore, I would like to remind you that it is possible to prevent painful symptoms and save health by observing simple rules:
- Do not create unnecessary loads on the spine and especially on the neck area.
- Follow the posture.
- Perform physical exercises aimed at strengthening all muscles, and in particular - the muscles of the neck.
- Avoid overcooling.
Cervical osteochondrosis is a fairly serious disease, so it is better to stop self-treatment and seek medical help. The doctor will help to choose the optimal complex treatment that will calm the pain and gradually defeat the disease.