Lumbago is not a disease, but a sharp pain.
. Probably, many have already heard this beautiful word "lumbago", which entered our lexicon not long ago from Latin to replace all known and bored "radiculitis".
Lumb i - in translation into Russian means "loin", which means that the lumbago is clearly something bad for our waist.
Like radiculitis, lumbago means not disease, but pain, that is, in fact, is a symptom of
. But what can there be for the lumbago symptoms, one who can at least once get into this situation can firmly know:
A beautiful day. You have done so much, because tomorrow is a holiday. The house has already been cleared, and you were not too lazy and found out, finally, what was under the couch in the farthest corner, and even the windows were washed. Purchased food, cooked food. And only you decided to sit down for a moment at the computer, as if at that moment someone was shooting at the waist: a sharp pain pierces her. You can not straighten up. .. In this bent posture, and with a completely different mood, you barely crawl to the sofa. So you got acquainted with the lumbago
Acute lumbago always comes on time
Symptoms of lumbago and treatment of acute pain
Lumbago is an acute sudden pain in the form of a lumbago that occurs in the lower back and lasts as an attack during a period of
. It has such symptoms:
- occurs whenmovement - tilt, turn
- at the moment of lifting the severity of
- after the attack, the pain is dulled, it can become aching( lumbalgia ) and lasts a long time
Lumbago usually causes the following factors:
- Overstrain in muscles due to the physical
- Undercooling as a result of draft or cold
- Lifting heavy objects, especially in a tilted position
- Inconvenient posture retained for a long time( sitting at a computer, while sleeping, working process)
Such reasons can be called provoking household factors. If the lumbago appeared for the first time, they still somehow can explain the episodic pain, hoping for its accident. However, usually the first attack does not end. After a while, it can happen again, then retreat again. The periods between attacks( remissions) are becoming shorter, and each new arrival of lumbago is accompanied by more severe pains. These are alarming symptoms: a person begins to understand that he is seriously ill and needs treatment, but can one start blindly with lumbago without revealing all his secrets?
About what the attacks of lumbago
Our body always tells us that there is something wrong in it. The sharper the pain, the more alarming the signal. Usually acute back pain is due to chronic diseases that last for years, and we do not notice them, because we do not have time to watch for ourselves. And here there are serious complications, about which our brain simply screams to us.
The first attack of the lumbago is an indication of the body that everything is not in order and you should immediately go to the doctor
A routine X-ray examination performed with lumbago allows you to almost always diagnose dorsopathy - pathological degenerative changes in the spine.
And by the time of lumbagia, we already have a whole bunch of similar diseases. It can be:
- Herniated disc
- Spondylosis and other diseases
Especially often lumbulgia happens with osteochondrosis. As a result of dystrophic changes, the deformed disc begins to touch the radicular nerve, which reacts with pain. Then the pain is dulled. If the beginning of the disease is not treated, it further develops imperceptibly, and an intervertebral hernia occurs, which is often accompanied by a prolapse of the disc and severe pain, as the hernia or the disc dropped press on the radicular nerve.
How lumbago arises with osteochondrosis
Thus, lumbago is a symptom that more often speaks not of initial osteochondrosis but of its later stage or even of hernia
When a pair of lumbago-sciatica arises
The lumbar osteochondrosis gradually moves to the sacrum area, and the nature of the pain may change: it appears in the pelvic region and the sacrum and is given below, and the lumbago passes through the buttock in the leg. Such pain, arising in the sacrum, is called sciatica , and as this dynamic develops, all subsequent seizures will be already in the form of lumbago with sciatica. Long-lasting seizures of this kind of pain are called as an lumbar sciatica.
Lumbago with sciatica can be diagnosed with confidence if symptoms such as:
- are present. The pain extends to the lumbar region and is given to the gluteal muscles, in the groin and lower extremities of the
- . Pain sensations are amplified by any movement, and can arise involuntarily even when coughing, sneezing laughter.
- Exacerbation can last up to several days, then the pain acquires a constant aching blunt character
The presence of lumbago with sciatica is the first symptoms of lumbosacral osteochondrosis or hernia .
Frequent attacks of pain can provoke the development of scoliosis with curvature in the direction opposite to the arisen pathology. This occurs as a result of the fact that a man, crooked by a pain, instinctively assumes a posture in which it is easier for him. Scoliosis in the lumbosacral region can gradually lead to a shift in TBS.
Treatment of acute pain
Treatment should be carried out with the prospect that it is necessary to treat the disease, and not just pain. However, in the beginning it is necessary to fight precisely with the pain syndrome, since it causes a lot of suffering.
What to do if there is an attack:
- Try to lie down as comfortable as possible by placing your legs above the level of the trunk, for example, on several pillows
- The bed should be stiff so that the spine does not bend
- Call the doctor at home
- Take painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs prescribed by the doctor for treatmentpain syndrome. It can be movalis, ketoprofen, renalgan
- For removal of muscle spasm - midodalm, sirdalud
If there are contraindications, then no-spine
can help. All these preparations are not recommended for more than three days.
Then necessarily go to the clinic to the neurologist. He will continue your treatment, conduct a study, if necessary, refer to other doctors.
To treat a disease is most dangerous. Many do not know that the acute pains that have arisen because of dorsopathy do not like hot procedures, and to take a bath or go to the bath, you can not do a massage in this period. Such treatment can only exacerbate the inflammatory process, and if back pain is caused by some infectious diseases( and this is possible), it can be completely disastrous.
The question of the removal of acute pain in the chiropractor( manual therapist) is controversial. There are specialists who know how to do this, but not everyone can do it, therefore manual therapy and physical therapy are considered as treatment in the recovery period. During the same exacerbation from such methods it is better to abstain.
Health to you! Let nothing hurts you!
Symptoms and treatment of lumbagoSometimes in the lumbar region there is a sharp pain that appears suddenly and does not allow any movement. This is the so-called lumbar lumbago. This article describes this pathology, its causes, main manifestations and principles of therapy are indicated.
What is Lumbago?
This term means lumbosacral radiculitis, which is characterized by acute pain syndrome with localization in the lower back. It is also called "lumbago".This pathology occurs both in young and in adulthood. Among children it is not registered. As a rule, lumbago arises against the backdrop of spinal lesions, although it can be provoked by other factors that act from the outside.
In most cases, lumbago occurs when the fibrous rings are stretched in the lumbar region or when the ligaments of the spine are damaged. Painful syndrome causes reflex spasm of the lumbar muscles. Often the etiology of lumbago can not be established. It is believed that pathological symptoms appear due to the presence of benign lesions of the musculoskeletal system, which are accompanied by stretching or deformation.
- Other Possible Causes of Lumbago:
- is a mechanical disorder that occurs with disc degeneration, kyphosis, intervertebral hernia, spinal canal stenosis, congenital anomalies or fractures, and with pelvic dysfunction, in which its skewness is formed, different leg lengths or abnormal pronation of the lower limbs;
- inflammatory pathologies, among which are Bechterew's disease, rheumatoid arthritis, sacroiliitis, osteomyelitis;
- presence of tumor pathologies( eg, bone cancer or intradural malignant spinal cord lesions);
- metabolic disorders, which are manifested by osteoporosis, osteomalacia, chondrocalcinosis, myositis.
In addition, lumbago is a pathology that can occur against the background of diseases of the abdominal cavity and pelvic organs, manifested in depression, oxygen starvation of the body. Sharp pain in the lower back can also occur with sudden temperature changes, after hypothermia, during intense physical exertion, under the influence of stress factors, as well as after injuries and being in a forced position.
Symptoms of lumbago
The main manifestation is a sharp pain that occurs suddenly and causes a person to take a forced position with the inability to straighten the back. The pain radiates into the thighs and buttocks. The patient can not walk or find a position of the body that reduces discomfort.
It should be noted that the nature of pain is of an individual nature, but as a rule, it is pulsating, shooting, of high intensity, accruing in any movement, so the person freezes in a pose at which the chamber arose. Before the development of the pain syndrome, hyperlordosis and bulging of the lumbar vertebrae can be observed. Pathological symptoms persist for 1-2 days, although it can last several months and is accompanied by tension and soreness of the muscles in the lumbar region.
If you do not undergo treatment in time, lumbago develops with sciatica. It is accompanied by a pinch or damage to the sciatic nerve. With this, the pain spreads over the surface of the thigh and lower leg, is increased when walking. Sometimes unpleasant sensations give in a heel, a knee, a hip joint. Also decreases the sensitivity of the skin. Patients report numbness, fever, or specific tingling, and cramping of the calf muscles is possible. With such a course of the disease, therapy with folk remedies( compresses from black radish, the use of a sage for rubbing, the application of burdock leaves) does not give the desired result.
Over time, the neuropathy of the lower extremities develops. It is manifested by a violation of circulation in the legs, venous congestion and insufficient supply of nutrients to the muscles, which leads to a decrease in their volume and a decrease in muscle strength. The disease is accompanied by lameness, in severe cases, can occur trophic ulcers, which are difficult to treat.
In addition, for lumbago, which occurs with sciatica, characterized by a violation of urination, persistent constipation, alternating with profuse diarrhea, abdominal pain, changes in sexual function, apathy and general weakness.
How to treat lumbago?
If severe back pain occurs, consult a physician for thorough diagnosis and proper treatment. Emergency medical aid is needed for patients who have lumbar injuries after injury and are accompanied by an increase in body temperature. Urgent medical care is also needed for the elderly and patients with malignant diseases, decreased immunity, osteoarthritis. What to treat patients is appointed exclusively by a doctor after clarifying the etiology of lumbago.
Lumbar puncture is usually prescribed, anesthetic, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs( eg, ketoprofen, diclofenac or ibuprofen) in the form of ointments, tablets and injections( injections give the fastest therapeutic effect).To reduce muscle tone, muscle relaxants can be used. To reduce edema of the nerve roots and improve blood supply in sciatica, it is recommended to take diuretic and vascular drugs.
New generation drugs are often used to effectively treat the pain syndrome, which reveal a double effect - reduce pain and eliminate muscle spasm( eg, Catadolone).When lumbago can use special warming ointments, but only on the 3-4 day of the attack. Their use in the acute period increases blood circulation, which causes swelling and more intense pain. If the prescribed medication does not give the desired results, resort to novocain blockades.
During the rehabilitation period, patients are recommended to take B vitamins. Complex therapy includes acupuncture, manual procedures, laser therapy, magnetopuncture, electrostimulation and pharmacopuncture. When the pain subsides, a special set of exercises and massage is prescribed.
Treatment at home involves in the acute period compliance with bed rest and diet with the exception of acute and smoked food, wearing an orthopedic corset. It is important to limit physical activity, avoid lifting weights and hypothermia.
With timely therapy and elimination of the causes of lumbago, the prognosis of the disease is favorable.
Diseases of the spine have different locations. Most often they occur in the neck and lower back.
Lumbago with sciatica: what is it and how is it manifested?
It's hard to find a person who has never had problems with the spine. This is the legacy of the evolutionary transition to erection, which resulted in increased loads on all parts of the spine. Most of the load falls on its lower divisions. In the lumbar, and even more so in the sacral, departments are the most massive vertebrae. However, this does not save people from diseases associated with tissue degradation, displacements and inflammations of this localization.
One of the most common manifestations of such diseases in the lower part of the spine has received the name "lumbago". This disease manifests itself as an attack of acute pain in the lumbar and sacral region. The cause of this pain can be the displacement of intervertebral discs due to degeneration of the cartilage. The pain arises from the pinching of the nerve, with trauma, muscle strain, intervertebral hernia.
Acute, unbearable pain that occurs suddenly with any movement of the body is a good reason for taking emergency measures. It is difficult to find any other disease, where there would be so many means of healing and relief of pain, as with lumbago. Traditional medicine abounds with prescriptions.
However, when an acute attack is removed, a person calms down and believes that everything has passed. But it turns out that he had an acute attack, but not a disease. In chronic form, it passes into a combination of lumbago and sciatica.
If you treat the lumbago only by removing an acute attack, then sooner or later sciatica develops, that is, the sciatic nerve becomes trapped, which changes its position due to changes in the lower parts of the spine. This nerve innervates the lower limbs and transmits a nerve impulse to the lower intestine and pelvic organs.
The appearance of sciatica is an alarming symptom, which indicates that the pathological process not only affected the organs of the lower part of the trunk, but also moved to the lower limbs.
The combination of lumbago with sciatica means the beginning of the processes of dysfunction of the circulatory system.
That is, there will be problems in the lower extremities, the bladder, the large intestine.Back to the table of contents
Symptoms of the disease
The combination of the two diseases is due not only to cause-and-effect processes, but also to a single chain of symptoms. With lumbago with sciatica, the following sensations are observed:
- The initial stage of the disease manifests itself in the form of blunt pulling pain in combination with burning in the waist and sacrum.
- Drawing pain is usually accompanied by muscle tension in the lower back.
- Appearance of paroxysmal pain during exercise and relaxation of pain at rest.
- Spread of pain localized to the posterior, anterior or lateral surface of the foot.
- There are growing unpleasant sensations when walking. These sensations can be given to the heel or joints.
- There is a decrease in skin sensitivity with simultaneous sensation of fever, chills and cramps in the calf muscles.
- Appearance of lameness in the affected limb, and in neglected cases - trophic ulcers of the lower leg due to congestion of venous blood and the subsequent deficiency of nutrients, which are difficult to enter the muscles and epidermis of the limb.
Concomitant symptoms of sciatica and lumbago include:
- unstable stool, manifested in a combination of severe constipation and diarrhea;
- persistent abdominal pain without clear localization;
- appearance of dyspepsia and other signs of digestive disorders;
- frequent and sometimes painful urination in small portions of urine;
- appearance of problems with sexual function, especially in men;
- decreased vitality.
These symptoms often appear in people over the age of 50. But this does not mean that they can not appear in younger people. Just with age, complications and pathological processes accumulate and intensify.Back to the table of contents
Treatment and prevention of
disease If attacks of lumbago become a curse of a person that violates all of his plans, then sciatica inevitably becomes a companion of lumbago. When both diseases become a single whole for a long time, it is difficult to cope with them.
The main principles of treatment of the disease is:
- mandatory restoration of normal blood flow for all areas of the muscle tissue of the spinal column and all organs that fall into the sphere of pathological processes;
- restoration of normal mobility of the intervertebral joints of all parts of the spine and, above all, lumbar and sacral;
- restoration of pelvic organs;
- providing full nutrition as a condition for health promotion;
- removal of pinch of the sciatic nerve;
- prevention of the onset and development of pain syndrome.
- elimination of inflammatory processes.
All methods of treating any diseases should always be aimed at eliminating its causes. However, it is not always possible to restore intervertebral cartilage tissues. This is the main difficulty in treating patients suffering from this disease.
For this reason, the treatment of inflammatory processes that arise as a result of disorders in the spine, must always be done. In the acute stage, it is necessary to use potent drugs, produced in abundance by the pharmaceutical industry. In the period of remission, it is necessary to use medicinal herbs, dietary supplements with medicinal herbs and various compresses.
Recently, it has become popular to use an African martini plant fragrant or, as it is called for a bizarrely bent fruit, diabolical claw or forest spider.
Scented martinia is used in folk medicine to treat all variants of inflammatory processes in the joints: with gout, rheumatism, osteochondrosis, lumbago, arthrosis. The devil's claw well anesthetizes, soothes and relieves swelling. Long-term use of martinium restores the mobility of joints, including vertebrates, and improves their blood supply.
The popularity of this plant and the official recognition of its medicinal properties allowed many producers of dietary supplements to include it in their products. An example is the well-known Vision products, in particular the "Ursul" dietary supplement, which includes martini fragrant and colloidal silver and gold. This combination has an excellent anti-inflammatory and restorative effect.
In case of acute attack of lumbago, ointments of warming, antispasmodic and anesthetic properties are used. If the disease is not started, then often such rubbing is enough to remove the main symptoms. But to cure in this way a chronic disease is difficult. To do this, you need to apply various compresses for a long time:
- Compresses made of clay. Clean clay, taken from a great depth, where it did not touch the soil, it is necessary to knead in warm water to the consistency of thick sour cream( all the lumps need to be crushed).Apply it in a thick layer( 0.5-1 cm) on the waist, sacrum, hip or knee joints - depending on the localization of pain or other symptoms of the disease. On the clay layer, you need to put a cloth or paper to fix the compress and prevent too rapid cooling. Closing with a plastic film is not recommended. Keep such a compress about an hour. If there are unpleasant sensations( headache, dizziness, high blood pressure, etc.), the compress can be removed earlier. The emergence of all these sensations is associated with the activation of vital forces and increased blood circulation, so you should periodically repeat the procedure.
- Alcohol packs. Apply them to the same areas as described above, but in this case it is necessary to cover the compress with polyethylene.
- Rinsing with soda. Baking soda should be rubbed dry on a slightly moistened area of the body. After that, it does not wash off for several hours.
- Compresses made of salt and / or soda. The cloth, moistened in a supersaturated solution of sea salt, is applied to the problem area and covered with a polyethylene film.
The use of salt and soda can be combined in any compresses, which will only enhance their therapeutic effect.
Lumbago: symptoms and treatment. Lumbago with sciatica: what is it?| |LSHealth 04 March 2015. Viewings: 3065I like 0
Probably everyone at least once encountered such an unpleasant phenomenon as pain in the lower back, which is manifested in severe hypothermia or physical exertion. A sharp pain in the lumbar spine can still be called lumbago. This disease is also accompanied by high tension in the muscles, because of which a person can not straighten up or posture. The attack can last several days, provided there is no timely and correct treatment.
Lumbago with sciatica: what is it?
In the event that there is no complete treatment, with time lumbago begins to develop sciatica. This term stands for damage or pinching of the sciatic nerve. This phenomenon can manifest itself against the background of the presence of a pathological position of the nerve fiber, which has changed due to displacement. The sciatic nerve is responsible for the innervation of the lower extremities, and also partly for the transfer to the large intestine and pelvic organs of the nerve impulse.
If lumbago and sciatica are connected, immediate medical attention is required. Provided it is absent, there is a possibility of serious adverse effects, including dysfunction of the circulatory system of not only the lower extremities, but also the large intestine, as well as the bladder, there is difficulty urinating.
At the initial stage of the lumbago, which is not yet combined with sciatica, there is a burning or dull drawing pain in the area of the sacral and lumbar spine.
Muscles can also be very tight in the place of pain concentration. There is a difficulty even minor movements in the spine. If the attack of pain lasts for a long time, the gradual decrease in the physiological bending in the lumbar region begins. Even with minor loads, soreness increases, and at rest it gradually subsides and soon disappears completely.
Development of signs of sciatica occurs under the condition of infringement of the nerve. Because of this, severe pain will spread to the anterior, lateral or posterior surface of the leg, as well as the thighs. During walking, there is an increase in symptoms. In some cases, pain begins to be given to the hip and knee joint, to the heel. Significantly decreased and skin sensitivity. The patient himself may notice that there is not only numbness, but also a feeling of creepy on the body, intense heat or tingling, manifested in certain areas. In gastrocnemius muscles, convulsions occur.
If sciatica occurs over a fairly long period of time, neuropathy dystrophy may occur, and the neuropathy of the lower extremity begins. As a result, there is a violation of blood supply, the gradual formation of prerequisites for congestion of venous blood begins, as well as an acute shortage of nutrients in the epidermis and muscle cells.
The affected limb may decrease in volume, loss of the habitual muscular force occurs. All this leads to the appearance of lameness. In the most severe cases, when there is no timely and correct treatment, the development of trophic ulcers of the lower leg begins, which are quite difficult to treat.
Also, sciatica can manifest itself with the following symptoms:
- A feeling of general weakness and apathy appears, worries about fatigue;
- There is a serious violation of the sexual function of the patient;
- Urination meager, rapid, accompanied by pain( this occurs as a result of chaotic work of the pelvic floor muscle);
- In the form of dyspepsia manifests a violation of the natural processes of digestion;
- In the abdominal cavity appears pain, having an unclear genesis;
- Disturb frequent and prolonged constipation, which is periodically replaced by profuse diarrhea.
Therefore, lumbago and sciatica are serious and dangerous pathologies that require immediate medical attention.
- We get rid of varicose veins in two weeks! Guarantee of the effectiveness of
Than to treat lumbago: medicinal preparations
When diagnosing this disease, treatment should come with the use of certain medications. Only a doctor can prescribe symptomatic treatment with the following tools:
- Drugs that help reduce muscle tone;
- Use of antispasmodics;
- Use of tranquilizers, which are necessary for nervous and anxious states;
- The use of non-narcotic analgesics, which help not only to remove severe pain, but also to eliminate inflammation.
The patient will be prescribed not only oral medication, but also local medications( ointments, creams), which contain special anti-inflammatory substances that help to remove unpleasant painful feelings much more quickly. During the treatment of lumbago, the patient is also credited with injections, since this way of administering drugs that have an anti-inflammatory effect will be more reliable, while the drugs will start to act much faster.
The applied physiotherapeutic methods are not capable of providing 100% medical result, but, nevertheless, they continue to be frequently used. Among these methods are the following:
- Applications with paraffin and ozocerite;
- Vacuum Therapy;
- Applying cold( most often a simple towel, pre-wetted in cold water);
- Treatment of wormwood or moxotherapy.
Along with the use of manual therapy, massages, treatment with leeches( hirudotherapy), acupuncture is also used. The most important thing is that any of the above methods of treatment performed only an experienced specialist, a practitioner in this field. All the methods of therapy are aimed at removing the pain sensations as soon as possible, improving blood circulation, eliminating inflammation, normalizing the flow in the lumbar region. Practically in all cases a gentle massage is prescribed, the duration of each procedure is not very high, all movements of the masseur should be as soft as possible, performed without the use of force and pressure.
Lumbago: home treatment
For the treatment of lumbago, not only modern medicines can be used, but folk remedies( only after a doctor's permission):
- Bathtubs. Take 500 grams of pumpkin, tomato, beet, willow and cucumber leaves. All components are thoroughly crushed, then added to the egg shell mixture( 20 eggs) and again everything is thoroughly ground. Further, all the components are transferred to the barrel of 70 l and poured into boiling water( 50 L).Now you need to wait until the water cools down slightly, then the patient sits down in the barrel and is in such a bath for about 20 minutes.
- Compresses. To prepare a medical compress you need to take flour, horseradish, vinegar and salt. Several horseradish roots are washed and crushed thoroughly, then flour( equal to their weight), salt and vinegar is introduced to them. All components are mixed well. The resulting mixture is used in the form of compresses that are put on a sore spot and left for several hours. As soon as the compress is removed, it is necessary to calm the irritated skin a little, and for this, wraps prepared from a cooled decoction of bran are applied. As soon as the irritation and redness are removed, the skin will get a normal healthy hue, it will be possible to do a repeated compress.
- Decoctions. Equal quantities are taken from the plantain leaf, sweet clover grass, calendula, bilberry shoots, field horsetail grass( all components should be used only in dried form).All ingredients are well ground and mixed.2 tbsp.l.raw materials are transferred to a thermos bottle and poured with boiling water( 500 g).After 12 hours you need to filter the resulting infusion and remove all herbs from it. To take such a medicinal decoction is necessary after each meal for 2 weeks. The course of treatment continues after soreness has passed. At the heart of the therapeutic effect of this medication is a strong diuretic effect, as well as the removal of edema and the fight against the onset of inflammatory processes.
- Infusions. In equal proportions it is necessary to take cones of hops, leaves of cranberries, mint grass, angelica root, chamomile flowers, nettle grass. All components are thoroughly crushed and mixed.2 tbsp.l.the received medicinal collection should be put in a thermos bottle and pour boiling water( 500 g), leave to infuse until the morning. In the morning, the ready-made infusion should be filtered and taken on an empty stomach in the morning, and also before dinner at 0.5 st. The course of treatment continues until the pain episodes disappear.
Lumbago: treatment of lumbago with medical plaster NANOPLAST forte
What is lumbago?
Lumbago( lumbago; Latin Lumbus - lower back) is a sudden sharp pain in the lumbar region( the so-called "chamber").The slightest movement in the waist with lumbago causes severe pain, so the patient often freezes in an uncomfortable position. Most often, "lumbago" happens in people engaged in heavy physical labor with overexertion( fatigue) of the lumbar muscles and hypothermia.
Lumbago is not found in childhood and adolescence. But in patients after 25-30 years of lumbago - not such a rare phenomenon, and this is due to the overload of the back muscles and the growing changes in the spine.
Usually, an attack of lumbago, or "lumbar lumbago" arises abruptly and unexpectedly. But sometimes the disease can begin with muffled symptoms, which in a matter of days turn into painful pain.
Sharply arisen acute pain can pass quite quickly under condition of resting, but a few days after the attack, pain in the lower back is preserved. Pain of lesser intensity can disturb the patient a week.
Symptoms of lumbago
The most typical symptoms of lumbago are:
- acute pain in the lumbar region, resulting from sudden movement;
- reflex spastic muscle tension of the back;
- forced semi-bent position, inability to straighten;
- increased pain when coughing, sneezing, laughing.
The attack of very severe pain with lumbago appears suddenly and can last from several minutes to several hours. A sharp, burning, throbbing pain, aggravated with any tension of the muscles of the waist, corners of the body - the most characteristic symptom of lumbago. Pain can be given to the chest, abdomen, buttocks.
Usually, after half an hour - an hour the pain weakens, it becomes tolerant, the stiffness of movements gradually passes. But it happens that the lumbago is delayed by five to eight days.
The clinical picture of a lumbago attack looks like this. The attack begins suddenly, as a result of an awkward, abrupt movement, or with an increase in gravity, and sometimes spontaneously. Often, the patient in this case, there is a profuse sweating( "breaks the sweat").The pain in lumbago is described as piercing, piercing, pulsating, tearing, piercing, compressive( "as if picked up with mites") or bursting, drilling, burning, or with a feeling of cold spreading on the waist. Pain is felt in deep tissues - in the muscles and spine and spread throughout the lower back or in its lower parts, more often symmetrically. Pain in lumbago can irradiate into the thorax, the iliac region, the stomach and buttocks.
The lumbago attack is usually accompanied by the development of reflex muscle contractures( spasms of the lumbar muscles), which determine the immobilization of the spine. Because of muscle spasm, a person literally twists, he can not straighten, freezes in a forced pose. The slightest movement in the spasmodic region causes a sharp increase in pain. Soreness is especially amplified by sneezing and coughing, patients indicate a difficulty in the act of breathing.
When the torso is bent to the sides or forward, the lumbar spine remains fixed, movements are mainly in the hip joints. Visually and at a palpation the tension of long muscles of a back is defined( sometimes one-sided).
The clinical picture of lumbago is characterized by the fact that the patients instinctively take a pose at which the pain slightly fades( protective pose).Protective poses for lumbago are very diverse. Patients may lie with their legs bent in the hip joints on their backs, placing a pillow under their feet, and if the lordosis is flattened or if there is kyphosis, on the abdomen with a cushion. In the sitting position, proceed cautiously, leaning first on the elbow of one hand, and then on both hands. In the standing position, they straighten sharply and move with small steps. They stand, leaning forward slightly, holding the support as much as possible with both hands. Bending in the lower back is almost impossible - a symptom of a "board" or "string.
Sometimes there is a different picture of the development of the disease. After physical exertion or hypothermia, for example, during work or rest on a draft, dull pain in the lower back arises, which intensifies for several days( lumbulgia).At rest, such pain weakens or disappears and resumes when moving, standing or sitting. The pain acquires a constant character, and against this background, acute attacks of lumbago may occur. With this development of the disease in the case of repeated attacks, one-sided pain may appear in the buttock, on the back or backside of the thigh or shin( lumboscialgia), which indicates the involvement of the corresponding spinal roots
in the pathological process. The lumbago attack can last from several minutes to several days, butnot more than 2-3 weeks. Relapses are possible.
Causes of lumbago. Diagnosis of lumbago
The causes of lumbago are pathological processes in the intervertebral discs. Most often it is lumbar osteochondrosis, intervertebral hernia, spondylosis. Lumbago as the first manifestation of a discogenic disease occurs very often( in 41% - 43% of cases).
The direct cause of pain, as well as tonic tension of the muscles with lumbago, is irritation or pinched nerve roots in the affected segment of the spine and adjacent ligaments. Reflex muscle spasm blocks movement in the damaged area to avoid even greater damage, while spasmodic muscles pinch the nerve endings, which leads to increased pain.
Painful syndromes such as lumbago can also be associated with osteofibrosis( dystrophic changes in the junction of fibrous tissues with bony protrusions of the vertebrae).Changes can be not only at the junction of the fibrous ring and the marginal border of the vertebra, but also in the ligaments and muscle tendons in the spine.
Lumbago can occur during or after physical exertion, from an awkward movement when turning the body, while squatting. Long stay in one position, many hours sitting in front of the computer, an unsuccessful jerk during fitness, lifting and carrying heavy loads - all these factors can provoke an attack of lumbago. The attack can be caused by a general supercooling of the body, local supercooling of the lumbar region, or being a manifestation of radiculitis and other diseases of the spine.
The diagnosis of lumbago is, first of all, based on external signs: immobility of the lumbar region, sharp pain. In addition, patients complain of a characteristic headache.
When diagnosing lumbago, it should be borne in mind that back pain can be a sign of inflammatory diseases of the internal organs of the abdominal cavity and small pelvis, tumor lesions of the spine and paravertebral( located next to the spine) tissues, diseases of the cerebral membranes of the spinal cord and roots "(meningitis, meningoradiculitis, sarcomatosis of the meninges, etc.), as well as traumatic and inflammatory defeats of the back muscles( myositis), spontaneous intramuscular hemorrhages( with leyozah).However, unlike lumbago in all these pathological processes, lower back pains are combined with other symptoms and do not have a clear connection with physical overexertion.
In order to make an accurate diagnosis and exclude other possible diseases, the doctor can prescribe an X-ray examination of the lumbar spine, but more informative is MRI.It is necessary to conduct a survey of a patient with a gynecologist, urologist, neuropathologist. If it is not possible to clarify the cause of lumbago in an outpatient setting, the patient should be referred to a hospital.
Treatment of lumbago
Treatment of lumbago consists of two stages. In the acute period of lumbago, the main goal is to stop the pain syndrome.
Strict bed rest is required on a flat, firm surface, for several days until the acute pain disappears. Most often, the pain decreases if the patient lies on his back, bending his knees and putting them on a small elevation. This allows you to relax the muscles in the spine.
To reduce pain and relieve muscle spasm, analgesics, NSAIDs, antispasmodics, muscle relaxants are prescribed. Corticosteroid hormones can be used. B vitamins are also prescribed, which should be taken on a certain schedule for several months.
Fig: Recommended posture for lumbago.
For the treatment of lumbago, heating of the loin with dry heat, warming up ointments is recommended. However, warming ointments with lumbago can only be used during the rehabilitation period, otherwise they can cause swelling and increase pain.
In an acute period of lumbago you need to adhere to a diet. Salty, sharp, smoked dishes should be excluded, tk.they retain water in the body and, therefore, increase puffiness. In a limited amount you can consume fatty fat and meat, but the maximum benefit will come from cereals, vegetable soups, potatoes. Herbal teas with anti-inflammatory and diuretic properties are useful.
In the future, the main goal of lumbago treatment is to prevent repeated seizures. It requires therapeutic exercise, good results are provided by acupuncture, manual therapy, as well as physiotherapy. In the remission stage, massage and therapeutic gymnastics, spa treatment are shown.
The use of the therapeutic analgesic anti-inflammatory plaster NANOPLAST forte greatly improves the effectiveness of lumbago treatment, both for monotherapy - for mild attacks and for complex therapy, together with other drugs - in more severe cases.
Treatment of lumbago with a medical plaster NANOPLAST forte
Therapeutic anesthetic anti-inflammatory plaster NANOPLAST forte is a unique innovative high-performance and safe medical product of a new generation that allows to increase the efficacy and effectiveness of traditional medicines, reduce the dosage or shorten the duration of taking analgesics that have noticeable side effectsactions, improve the patient's condition.
The patch has analgesic, anti-inflammatory and muscular-relaxing effects. It improves blood and lymph circulation, reduces inflammation, reduces swelling and pain in the lesion.
In the treatment of lumbago, NANOPLAST forte in many cases shows very good results:
- · allows to relieve spasms, reduce pain and inflammation;
- to improve blood circulation in the affected area, which provides active restoration of damaged tissues;
- makes it possible to reduce the dose of painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs, and in some cases even eliminate them.
It is usually recommended to use a patch in the morning for 12 hours, but it is possible to apply it for the night. The duration of the course treatment of lumbago with a medical plaster is from 9 days.
. High efficacy, long-term( up to 12 hours!) Therapeutic effect, ease of use and affordable price make NANOPLAST forte the means of choice in the treatment of lumbago, back pain and lower back.
Therapeutic plaster NANOPLAST forte is sold only in pharmacies, without a prescription.
Read the instructions for use, consult your physician or pharmacist / pharmacist if necessary.