The only complex of exercise therapy that will help to cure arthrosis of the knee
The main task of physiotherapy is to stimulate the mechanisms of natural joint repair. LFK with arthrosis of the knee has a very beneficial effect on both the knee and the body as a whole, but it is critically important to do it correctly. Read on for a detailed description of the correct exercises, important rules and the non-obvious nuances of really effective workouts.
Invaluable pluses of physical training
Regular quality gymnastics:
Increases the amount of movement in the joint.
Reduces muscle tone, thus providing and preventing the development of contractures( degeneration of the muscles in scar tissue).
Improves circulation in the diseased joint, improves nutrition of the destroyed cartilage.
Has a positive effect on the whole body, makes a person more mobile and improves the quality of his life.
Six basic principles of correct training
Physical training should be carried out according to certain rules; is the most important principle - do no harm.
Do not rush things. The load and volume of movements should be increased gradually, forcing the training load only worsens the situation.
Exercises should not cause pain, you should not overcome it. Such "feats" can make you disabled. Exercise should be so as to feel fatigue in the muscle groups, and not pain in the joints - then exercise is performed correctly.
Avoid overloading and do not chase after rapid progress. Remember the Polish folk wisdom: "zu zadadto, it's not sensible"( literal translation: which is too much, then badly).
Regularity. Only daily workouts will help you achieve any visible results.
Physiotherapy for arthrosis of the knee should only be performed during the remission period. During an exacerbation of the disease, when the knee is enlarged and swollen, it is better to provide him with a comfortable rest.
Load both joints equally. Many patients ask a question: "And how to train, if I have only one knee?".With unilateral arthrosis, a sick person instinctively begins to spare the problem joint, while the load on a healthy one increases significantly. So in the opposite knee can also begin to form arthrosis, so exercise therapy should load both joints.
Click on the picture to enlarge
The correct complex of exercise therapy from the doctor
So, we came to the main thing - creating a set of exercises for the diseased knee. The task of exercise therapy is to make the muscles work without loading the joint.
Below are the exercises of Dr. Evdokimenko from his book "Pain in the legs".
Static option. Starting position( IP): lying on the abdomen with straight legs, hands located along the body. Slowly raise the knee straightened at the knee by 15 cm from the floor and fix it in this position for 30-40 seconds. It is important that the leg is lifted by the effort of the thigh muscles and buttocks.
We perform each foot once.
Dynamic option. We perform the same as static, but we hold the foot over the floor for 1-2 seconds. We perform each leg 10-12 times.
Exercise 2 The
IP is the same, only now one leg is bent at the right angle in the knee. Without changing the angle of bending, raise the foot over the floor by 10 cm and hold in this position 30-40 seconds, 1 repetition on each leg. The effort should be applied solely at the expense of the muscles of the thigh and buttock.
Dynamic option. Hold for 1-2 seconds, do 10-12 reps with each leg.
One of the variants of the famous exercise "Swallow".PI as in Exercise 1: raise both legs 10-15 cm above the floor, without hurrying to bred them to the sides, and then reduce them. Do not lower your legs again 8-10 times. It is necessary to watch, that effort, as in the previous exercises, was carried out only by the muscles of the thigh, and not by the hull.
IP: lying on its side, lower leg bent at the knee. Raise the straight upper leg above the floor by about 450 and hold in this position for 30-60 seconds.1 repetition on each leg.
IP: sitting on a chair. Straighten the leg in the knee joint and lift it above the floor as far as we can, hold it in this position for 30-60 seconds. We do 2-3 repetitions with each foot.
IP: standing, holding hands behind the back of a chair. Slowly rise on the socks and stay in this position for about one minute, slowly dropping.
Dynamic option. Do 10-12 repetitions, lingering at the top for 1-2 seconds.
SP Exerc.6. Leaning on the heels raise the stop up, stay at the top point for 1-2 seconds and fall to the floor;10-12 repetitions.
IP previous. We rise on the toe of the left leg, then the right heel goes up, and the left one - downwards - smoothly "roll" on the toes 10-12 times.
The training should end with a self-massage, in order to further warm up and relax the muscles of the thigh.
Therapeutic exercises for knee joints
The knee joint is one of the most complex and mobile in the human body. It carries a heavy load during walking, running, jumping, moving on the ladder, static loads. As a result of injuries, inflammatory and degenerative-dystrophic diseases of the knee joints, the blood supply and nutrition of the tissues deteriorate, the cartilaginous layer of the intraarticular surfaces of bones worsens, the menisci are destroyed, the work of the musculoskeletal apparatus is disrupted.
Arthritis, osteoarthrosis, changes in the integrity of bones and ligaments lead to chronic progressive inflammation and impaired knee mobility. For the treatment of diseases apply medication, surgical methods of therapy, physiotherapy and exercises to strengthen the knee joints. Therapeutic physical training( LFK) is prescribed at different stages of the disease and significantly improves the function of the musculoskeletal system.
Tasks and training rules
The complex of therapeutic gymnastics is prescribed by a doctor depending on the nature and severity of the pathological process, concomitant diseases, the patient's age. Full-fledged training begins in the period of the abating of the acute phase of the disease - reduction of pain syndrome, normalization of body temperature, reduction of local inflammatory manifestations. The main goal of gymnastics is:
- increasing the elasticity of the knee ligament apparatus;
- strengthening of muscular groups of the thigh and lower leg involved in the process of locomotor activity of the knee;
- normalization of blood circulation, as a result of which the metabolism improves, synthesis of synovial fluid is activated, cells of cartilaginous tissue are restored;
- improvement of general well-being and emotional background, which favorably affects recovery.
exercise therapy can be performed in groups under the supervision of the specialist
. When the complex of exercises is performed daily, the function of the knee joints is restored completely or partially, depending on the degree of disturbance of the anatomical structures.
During exercise, exercise should follow these rules:
- training should be regular, the course of treatment is from 14 to 30 days;
- gymnastics should be done 2-3 times a day for 10-15 minutes, the total exercise time is 30-45 minutes;
- the load on knee joints should gradually increase, the frequency of repetitions of exercises starts from 3-4, bringing up to 10-15 per approach;
- amplitude at the beginning of training is low with an increase towards the end of the gymnastic complex;
- each exercise is performed carefully, muscles and ligaments are well developed;
- after physical education should rest in a lying position on a hard surface with unbent knees, which helps to restore blood flow in the trained joints;
- after a complex of exercises you can take a contrast shower, self-massage the affected joint and surrounding soft tissues;
- gymnastics should not bring unpleasant sensations and pain, if discomfort occurs, stop exercising;
- pain syndrome requires follow-up visits to a doctor.
It is not necessary to wait for a quick positive effect, exercising exercise therapy improves the condition of the knees for arthrosis and arthritis as a result of prolonged patient treatment that does not rule out other types of therapy.
Complex exercises on the method of Evdokimenko
The effective complex LFK for the rehabilitation of inflammatory and degenerative diseases of the knee joints was created by the Russian academician, doctor-rheumatologist and psychologist Evdokimenko Pavel Valerievich. Based on his many years of experience, he developed exercises that positively affect the musculoskeletal system and improve the emotional mood for fighting the disease.
The most common abnormality of the knee is found in osteoarthritis, which is characterized by destruction of the cartilaginous and bone tissue, a violation of synovial fluid synthesis, a decrease in the amplitude of movements of the lower limbs. The disease develops after trauma, as a result of the pathology of metabolism, the inflammatory process of the structures of the knee joint( arthritis, periarthritis, bursitis).
Complex structure of the knee joint and its mobility lead to frequent development of
pathology. Before starting physical therapy, it is necessary to get acquainted with the list of contraindications for occupations:
- arterial hypertension;
- increased intracranial pressure;
- abdominal hernia and inguinal hernia;
- acute blood diseases;
- severe chronic heart and vascular disease;
- acute inflammation in the internal organs;
- increased body temperature;
- menstrual bleeding;
- a recovery postoperative period for a month.
The complex of physical training for arthrosis of the knee joint includes 9 exercises that must be performed in the proposed sequence.Also can read: Exercises for knee arthrosis
- Lying on the abdomen, hands are located along the body. Alternately raise the straightened leg up a distance of about 15 cm from the floor and hold it on the weight for 40 seconds. At the same time the pelvis is tightly fixed, and movements are carried out at the expense of the muscles of the thighs and abdomen.
- The starting position is the same. The left leg is bent at the knee joint at an angle of 90 degrees and slowly lift to a height of 10 cm from the floor, holding it in its weight for at least 10 seconds. Then exercise with your right foot.
- The starting position is the same. Slowly raise both feet to the maximum possible height, then smoothly, without jerks, raise your legs to the sides and bring them together. Exercise can help increase blood pressure, so it should be done with caution in patients with coronary heart disease and hypertension.
- In the prone position on the right side, bend the leg of the same name, and straighten the left lower limb and lift as much as possible upwards, hold it for 20-30 seconds. Then repeat the exercise on the left side.
- Sitting on a chair, alternately straighten and lift your foot, holding it in the balance until the minute. If the knees are aching when doing gymnastics, lower the amplitude of the movements until the discomfort ceases.
- Turn to the back of the chair with your face in a standing position and, holding hands behind it, gently rise on your toes, stay in this position for 3 seconds and lower your feet to the floor.
- The starting position is the same. Now it is necessary to stand on the heels, raising the stops as much as possible.
- The starting position is the same. The left leg is lifted to the toe with the fixed right leg, then do this exercise with the other leg. It turns a roll from one foot to the other. Feel the flow of blood to your knees.
- At the end of the gymnastics complex, perform a self-massage of the anterior-lateral surface of the thigh from the knee joint to the groin for 5 minutes. First rub the skin, then knead the muscles, at the end of the procedure, stroke. After the massage, you should feel pleasant warmth.
Joint gymnastics by Evdokimenko method is available for patients of all age categories
Exercises for arthrosis of the knee improve its motor function and relieve pain syndrome from the very first days of exercise, but to consolidate the positive effect it is important to undergo a full course of therapeutic physical training. For the correct performance of gymnastics, you should consult a doctor who will help you to put the technique of training. In addition, the Internet hosts numerous visual videos explaining in detail the features of exercises in diseases of the knee joint.
LK for knees effectively restores their functional activity and is an important part of complex treatment of locomotor system diseases. Correct approach and following the recommendations of a specialist in performing gymnastics will help to maintain the health of knee joints and prevent the progression of the pathological process.
Treatment exercises for knee arthrosis
Therapeutic gymnastics for arthrosis is designed to improve mobility of the joint through its unlocking. If you perform it daily, the degenerative process can be preserved for a long time or even lead to its retreat. Today's topic is exercises for arthrosis of the knee joint.
LFK for arthrosis of the knee joint is designed to strengthen the muscles around the joint
Medical gymnastics for knee arthrosis
To understand what joint blocking is, remember that arthrosis is not for nothing called deforming:
- The destruction of hyaline cartilage is accompanied by a simultaneous thickening of the subchondral bone
- . In the later stages,the destroyed cartilaginous surface appears solid calcium outgrowths - osteophytes
Joint osteophytes play a protective role: if they did not form, the head of the brainsand I would finally collapsed.
The negative role of osteophytes is precisely in the blocking of the joint, which ceases to move freely and rotate. Exercise, massage, manual therapy - this is a set of measures that can restrain the calcification of the joint, partially breaking it
However, what should be the curative gymnastics for arthrosis of the knee joint?
Many patients make a serious mistake, trying to load the sick knee as much as possible, crouching up to a hundred times a day. Imagine that you are a car with a worn running gear suddenly begin to drive over long distances. What can happen? That's right - the machine is likely to break. But this would not have happened if you had made a replacement for individual parts, which would improve the performance characteristics.
In our case, the role of such repair will be played by a properly selected gym.
We do not plan to replace certain parts of our SLM, but we can strengthen them in our power.
Strengthening the periarticular muscles and ligaments will strengthen the bone joints and "running", that is, the motor functions of our musculoskeletal system.
LFK for arthrosis of the knee joint is thus designed not for the joint itself, but for the femoral and tibial muscles .
In parallel, the muscles of the back, pelvic, gluteal, extensor muscles of the toes, etc. will be involved.
Video: Gymnastics for arthrosis
https: //www.youtube.com/ watch? V = 3bKPPW347-A
Requirements for therapeutic exercises
Gymnastics can not be done:
- with increased arterial or intracranial pressure
- on critical days
- at an elevated temperature
- with exacerbation of chronic diseases
- immediately afteroperations
- for serious cardiovascular diseases
If the knees are badly hurt, then you need to start the exercises with static exercises.
Static exercises create a load on the muscles and ligaments, leaving the joint itself immobile
Examples of static exercises for the knee
You can perform them standing, sitting, lying down. Only squats are excluded.
Static exercises for gonarthrosis should be performed by observing the immobility of the knee joint
- Straight leg lifts: The exercise can be performed sitting on a chair( on the floor), lying on the back, on the stomach, on the side. It is important to use all these provisions to develop a joint in all directions.
- Alternately raise one or the other leg:
- the leg should be straightened in the knee
- the height of the leg lift can be as large or up to 20 cm - it's still
- The essence of the exercise is to hold your foot for a while in a raised position:
start with 10-15 seconds, then gradually increase the time of lifting the leg to 30 or more sec
- In the muscles of the thighs and lower leg should feel the voltage
- Having lowered the foot slowly, we relax it for a few seconds
- We produce ten such lifts
- Rhythmicity of movementthe
- on the ascent should be inhaled
- on the restraint of the foot - breath holding
- dropping down, exhale
- You can apply a more dynamic exercise option:
- Foot retention at the point of ascent - one or two seconds
- It's still slow to lower the legsmoothly
- Alternately raise one or the other leg:
- Bends of the bent leg: Such lifts are also carried out in any position.
- Bend at the knee at an angle of 90 ˚
- Raise the hip without changing the angle of the bent leg
- Hold the foot in the same way as described in the first exercise
- Lower the leg, relax
- Repeat 10 times
- Dynamically reduce the resting time of the foot
- Rotation with the feet
- In the sitting or lying position, we place the legs for a distance of the length of the foot
- We extend the feet outwards and hold them with the muscle strain
- Align the feet and relax
- Now turn the feet inward until they come in contactI of the thumbs
- Also lingering in this position and then returning back
- The exercise can be performed with both straightened and knee-bent legs
- A toe or heel rest: The exercise is usually performed standing, but for elderly and weak patients it is possible to recommendoption sitting.
- We climb on tiptoes, holding on to the back of the chair
- Hold for as long as one minute
- Slowly sink on the heels of
- Now we put the emphasis on the heels, and the toes of the legs are lifted and pulled by ourselves
- Slowly sinking into the socks
- Doing rips:
- One leg with the stopon the toe, the other on the heel
- Then change the position of the legs
- Feet in the knees while trying not to bend
At the end of the gym it is desirable to massage the anterior and lateral surfaces of the hips, starting the movement from the knee to the groin.
Exercises for knee arthrosis can be combined with massage
Dynamic gymnastics for joints
When the pain has passed, you can start more active gymnastics. This does not mean that you just need to run, jump or crouch: start with simple exercises, combining them with a knee massage.
Video: Gymnastics for knee arthrosis for the elderly
https: //www.youtube.com/ watch? T = 711 & v = sFNZi3oXRxs
Examples of dynamic exercises for gonarthrosis
- Sitting or lying down slowly bend and straighten alternately the right and left legs without lifting your feet from the floor
You can knead your knee with your hands
- Bend and straighten with the feet apart from the floor
You can still hold the knee with your hands
- Pull the bent knee with your hands up
Omittingfoot, straighten it
- Sitting on a chair, leaning on the back of the
- Feet straightened, with an emphasis on the heels, hands holding on to the seat
- We bend the trunk to the knees, while bending the legs in the knees and lowering the ststumps on the floor
- We walk forward and back in the sitting position:
two or three steps forward and the same number back
- We make the rolls from the socks to the heel, the knee joint moves and bends freely
- Lying on the back, bent legs, we make the "bike"
Improve the effect of medical gymnastics warming ointments for arthrosis .
They can be rubbed into the surface of the knee right during charging, combining them with a massage.
For the prevention of gonarthrosis, as well as during remission, you can use the complex LFK, shown in the video below.
Dynamic movements aimed at mobilization of the knee joint
Video: LFK with arthrosis of the knee joint
https: //www.youtube.com/ watch? V = 7YX88QNozME
Gonarthrosis( arthrosis that affects the knee joint) is a disease with a chronic course, therefore requires regular implementation of preventivemanipulation and maintenance therapy.
In case of arthrosis, there are violations of a deformative nature in the joint. The synovial fluid, which is responsible for the smooth mobility of the cartilaginous joints, loses its qualities, and accordingly the elasticity of the joint is impaired. It lends itself to high friction and wear, which leads to destructive processes.
LFK( therapeutic exercise) with arthrosis, in particular, the knee joint is very useful and has a favorable restorative effect on the affected area in the overall complex of therapeutic measures.
Features of exercise therapy
The main rule in performing exercise therapy is the absence of acute pain. Pain can cause a spasm in the muscular structure near the joint. These same spasms can disrupt the blood flow in the vessels, thereby blocking the access to the knee joint of nutrients in full.
Daily or course-guided, and performed on time( in full) exercise exercise therapy helps:
- restore access of nutrients to the joint;
- to correct the motor function of the knee;
- strengthen the muscular area and ligaments that support the joint;
- lower the pain threshold( due to the habit of constant dosed loads);
- improve the general condition of the body.
In a disease such as arthrosis of the knee joint, exercise therapy is required to be exercised for 10( or maximum 15) minutes, which are performed at a measured pace, as far as the patient can. With each subsequent occupation, the load increases, generally up to 40 minutes, also increasing the dynamic performance of the exercises.
Important!how to properly do exercise:
- you need to stop performing gymnastics, if you feel a strong pain;
- intensity of employment should not be high;
- only regular classes will produce a visible result;
- shoes for training should be comfortable, do not squeeze the leg, on a firm sole, but with a soft top;
- if it is possible to conduct exercises in the water, it is better to use this method, it reduces the pain threshold and helps to relax the joint.
Therapeutic exercises - exercises
Therapeutic exercises for arthrosis of the knee joint - the complex of exercises
The first symptoms of arthrosis of the knee joint come along with the appearance of a crunch and pains in the knees. This period is characterized by rapid fatigue and limited mobility.
A person begins involuntarily to spare the patient's leg in the process of walking, in this connection, the pains begin to appear in a healthy limb, since additional stress is placed on it. To reduce or eliminate these phenomena at the earliest stages of the pathological process will help self-massage and therapeutic gymnastics for arthrosis of the knee joint.
Perhaps, this is the only method used in the treatment of a disease that does not involve financial costs. All that is necessary for the patient in this case is desire, a little free space and a rug or blanket.
LFK with arthrosis of the knee joint
The tasks of therapeutic physical training, first of all, depend on the period of the disease. In the acute period of arthrosis, the main goal of therapeutic gymnastics is to improve lympho-
. Medical gymnastics for arthrosis of the knee joint should be performed regularly by
and blood circulation in the affected joint, reducing pain syndrome, enlarging the joint gap and relaxing the muscles. During the period of remission, a set of exercises is prescribed, which helps to strengthen the musculoskeletal apparatus and restores its functions. Before starting to practice, it is necessary to consult a specialist who will help you decide on the choice of exercises. Unfortunately, many patients have to be persuaded to engage in exercise therapy, and best suited to those patients who are already threatened with surgical intervention.
There is a certain set of exercises for arthrosis of the knee joint, and also special treatment sessions are assigned to patients individually.
Recommendation: all prescribed by the doctor exercises should be performed three times a day for 20 minutes.
Special exercises for the knees for arthrosis are performed at a slow pace. In the first two weeks, each exercise should be repeated 4 to 6 times, gradually increasing the number of repetitions to ten.
Warning! Rest with a knee bent in the knee can cause the development of flexion contracture, which is very difficult to treat. Therefore, doctors do not recommend this to patients suffering from arthrosis of the knee joint.
According to experts, it is best to rest, lying on your back. Completely relaxed and spreading his legs straight apart. Even greater relaxation is facilitated by rocking a sore leg, stained from a bed or a high chair.
As a rule, with regular sessions, recovery of the volume of movements and pain reduction occurs approximately in half an hour after the recommended gymnastic exercises.
Complex of exercises
Before going directly to the recommended medical training, I would like to make some recommendations:
- Vigorous movements with arthroses are strictly contraindicated, in connection with which, all exercises must be performed slowly and smoothly, gradually increasing the amplitude of movements.
- Physical exercises are performed in a sitting or lying position.
- In case of pain, it is necessary to stop occupations.
- Training should be conducted regularly, several times during the day, but, at the same time, the duration of each exercise should not last more than a few minutes.
And now we will consider the most effective physical exercises for arthrosis of the knee joint: I.Exercise is performed lying on the back. The legs are stretched, the heels are forward, the socks are pulled back. Such movements very well relieve muscle tension and improve metabolic processes in almost all joints of the lower extremities.
II.This exercise is called "vertical scissors".It is performed lying on the back, alternately raising and lowering the legs in the hip joints.
III.Flexion and extension movements in the knee joint in the supine position.
IV.Lie on your back. The legs are bent at the knees and simultaneously in the hip joints. We perform flexion movements of the legs in the knee joint.
V. "Horizontal scissors".This exercise is also performed by lying on the back. The legs are bent in the hip joints, alternately they are reduced and divorced.
VI."Bicycle" - flexion and extension of the legs in the knees and thigh in the supine position.
VII.Lifting and lowering of the leg straightened in the knee in the prone position on the side.
VIII.Lying on the abdomen, flexion and extension movements are made in each knee alternately.
IX.Raising and lowering the straight leg lying on the stomach. The sock is not pulled off.
X. Swaying in the sitting position( on a high chair).Exercise is done with a small amplitude, without effort.
The main recommendations for physical therapy for patients suffering from gonarthrosis
- All the stresses that are prescribed by the exercise therapy should fall on the painless zone. Otherwise, pain contractures, muscle spasms, spasms of blood vessels may develop, and also it can provoke an overexcitement of the nervous system.
You can not do anything by overcoming pain!If you have the slightest pain, you must stop exercising.
- Do not force events. Motor movements must be increased gradually and very carefully.
- Very well proven methods such as physical education in the pool and exercise therapy with devices that provide relaxation and extension of the joint.
- Charge for arthrosis of the knee joint must necessarily be done taking into account the phase of arthrosis. During the period of exacerbation( the appearance of swelling and redness, as well as the development of pain), physical activity should be reduced. During the period of remission, all efforts should be directed towards restoring muscle strength. Of course, the intensity of training should be increased gradually.
- Treatment exercises are not recommended for women during menstruation, as well as for patients suffering from increased intracranial and arterial pressure. Classes should be canceled with an increase in body temperature and during rehabilitation after surgery on the chest and abdominal organs. LFK is also contraindicated in acute inflammatory processes of internal organs, inguinal hernias and severe cardiovascular pathologies.
We present to your attention the video of gymnastics for arthrosis of the knee joint:
What can not be done with arthrosis of the knee joint
Some patients mistakenly believe that in this situation "a wedge kicks out".In no case is it advisable to intensively develop the knee joint, overcoming the pain, since it can strengthen the pain syndrome and provoke an inflammatory process, which in turn will lead to further destruction of the joint.
Warning! Patients suffering from gonarthrosis are categorically forbidden to crawl on their knees.
When massaging the affected area, the joint itself can not be kneaded, as this can lead to an inflammatory process in the soft periarticular tissues. In this case, experts recommend that the muscles of the lower leg, thigh and back muscles be massaged, increasing the flow of blood to the affected joint.
How the effectiveness of special physical exercises
is evaluated. Physiotherapy for knee arthrosis is considered effective when the patient has a significant reduction in pain and joint mobility improves. Also, treatment can be considered successful if the frequency and severity of exacerbations decrease, blood pressure normalizes, the patient's sleep, his state of health and mood improves.3 comments
Well, yes, here are the main exercises for arthrosis of the knee joint. I was shown them by a doctor, part-time instructor LFK.I do it for a month, the pains have decreased and the joints have become more mobile.
It is a great pity that just now I caught the eye of this article, I would have advised a friend earlier to avoid the operation.
- Dmitry Sergeevich24.06.2014
I know that the aqueous environment has a beneficial effect on arthrosis of the knee joint. It allows to unload the limb and joint, creates optimal resistance when driving. But how does the temperature of the water affect? Is there a risk of aggravating the condition during remission when practicing under the conditions of a regular pool?
Exercises for arthrosis of the knee joint |Are joints aching?
Causes of arthrosis
Osteoarthritis begins due to the absence or partial loss of articular fluid in the cartilage, which causes the cartilage to undergo a negative effect, caused by excessive friction of the ends of bones against each other. Gradually the cartilage thinens, wears out and can be the result of trauma. The disease is characterized by nocturnal pains, morning stiffness of the joints, their inflammation, crepitus and ugliness.
LFK with arthrosis of the knee joint
LFK in rheumatoid arthritis is one of the methods of treatment of the disease. Therapeutic physical training is aimed at reducing the symptoms of the disease and easing the patient's well-being. To relieve stiffness in the joints, the patient needs to move more. Therefore, physical exercises with arthrosis of the knee joint are especially important and are used as part of complex therapy. Depending on the level of physical preparation of the patient, classes can begin with walking or running with osteochondrosis of the knee joint.
With the development of joint diseases, the surrounding muscles become weak, making the joint stiff. LFK exercises help to reduce pain, swelling, stiffness of the joint. After 2 weeks of regular sessions, the patient notes improvements in his state of health. The complex of exercises for arthrosis of the knee joints includes 2 basic types of exercises: passive and active.
Exercises for arthrosis of the knee joint
When starting classes, you should distinguish between passive and active treatment. Passive exercises include cold, heat and hydrotherapy.
- Cold treatment. With a decrease in blood circulation, cold therapy helps to reduce edema. To this end, apply cold compresses, wraps and other procedures.
- Thermal therapy increases the flow of blood to the joints and helps reduce their stiffness. You can use warm compresses, warming the joint with a warmer and other warming procedures.
- Hydrotherapy. This procedure can reduce the symptoms of joint inflammation. The advantages of hydrotreatment include the ability to conduct classes in the water, which softens the performance of physical exertion. For example, walking in the water with arthrosis of the knee joint will not only relieve pain, but will also break the rigid muscles of the knee. In addition, being in warm water, it is easier to cope with painful pain and other symptoms of the disease.
Active exercises should be practiced together with a physiotherapist, at least initially. He will show how to properly perform exercises for arthrosis of the knee joint, so that the patient can later engage in physical education independently. The development of the muscles in the leg will help to strengthen the joints and make them stronger. Another option is to purchase a video with exercises for arthrosis of the knee joint and practice as shown on the disk.