Treatment exercises for lumbar osteochondrosis
The cause of lumbar osteochondrosis of the spine is the slowly developing internal dystrophic processes, which lead first to primary changes, and then to pronounced pathology. Physical stress, hypodynamia, increased stress, increased weight noticeably accelerate these processes, replenishing the ranks of "veterans" of fighting this disease with more and more young fighters. This pathology sometimes requires long-term treatment or even a surgical procedure. At an early stage of the disease, it is more reasonable to begin the exercise with lumbar osteochondrosis right away. After all, you still have to, but with a half-dead spine and wasted money for often ineffective treatment.
Gymnastics for lumbar osteochondrosis is the best medicine
Exercises for lumbar osteochondrosis
Do not forget that the main problem of osteochondrosis is frequent exacerbations, which bring a lot of pain and suffering.
"Why should I be afraid of pain?- you ask.- I also have magic
Yes, indeed: today you can cope with the pain with modern and strong drugs, which the doctor will provide you with plenty. But when the pain subsides, it does not at all mean a victory over the disease, and may even look like a retreat.
- Analgesics, non-steroidal and anti-inflammatory drugs, antispasmodics widely used during pain syndromes have many contraindications and give many complications
- Treatment of pain symptoms with harmful medications does not cure the osteochondrosis itself one iota
Look at the small video about the dangers of drugs:
Attention:This video is against drug abuse, not against medicine.
The main method of treating both lumbar and any other osteochondrosis is the physical exercises
Only they are able to correct the defects of the spine, strengthening the muscles around it, and improve the mobility of the lumbar spine.
Requirements for exercise therapy
Physiotherapy exercises should not be done blindly: they feel pain, and then they start charging. Before it, medical diagnosis is absolutely necessary. And although, unlike chest osteochondrosis, back pain is most often caused by spine problems, one should not forget that there can be many such problems:
- an intervertebral hernia, especially often occurring in the lumbosacral segment of the M5 - S1
- spine joint displacement, triggeredunsuccessful sharp turn
- syndrome of venous congestion
- blockage of one or both ileal bones
- legs of different length
To determine the mobility of the lumbar region and thereby understand whether everything is in order with him, bywatch this video. Pay attention to the fact that the problems of the lumbar and sacrum and the spasmodic phenomena caused by them in the muscles are so serious that they can "hiccup" even in the cervical section. This once again emphasizes the integrity and interrelation of all elements of the musculoskeletal system - the spine.
The "older" osteochondrosis, the more time and labor it will take to eradicate all that he has done in the lumbar spine: it is impossible to overcome a long-term illness within one to two months. You probably heard about this formula:
How much time there is a disease, so much and you need to fight it
When the stage starts, the fight will be long, but if you survive and do not stop doing gymnastics, then you must win.
Some immediately try to overcome the insidious disease with a snare: they immediately undertake complicated exercises, increase the charging time and continue to do it despite the pain and fatigue. This is wrong.
Classification of exercises for lumbar osteochondrosis
Begin with light exercises first, dividing them into groups, complicating them gradually.
- The simplest exercises of the first group are usually available
- for the severe stage of osteochondrosis
- in the acute period of the illness( severe pains)
- for the elderly
- The exercises of the second group of complexity are applicable
- for the average degree of osteochondrosis
- in the subacute period( pains subside)
- Exercises of the thirdgroups of complexity:
- first degree of osteochondrosis
- recovery period( no pain, recovery is coming)
- Exercises of the fourth group of complexity
- first stage and prevention of osteochondRose
- remission( time between the end of the recovery period and the beginning of a new exacerbation)
Choose the appropriate mix will help the doctor.
Examples of exercise complexes with video
Here are some examples of exercises for the lumbar region for osteochondrosis in three groups:
The first group of
These exercises are simple: they can be done in the late stages of lumbar osteochondrosis, pains and old age
Doing waking in the morning on the couch:
- To stretch, holding hands behind the back of the sofa and pulling the socks. Stay in this position for a few seconds. Repeat several times.
- Bend your knees. Grabbing one knee with your hands, gently pull it a little on yourself and back, do it 10 times and repeat with the other knee.
- The starting position is the same. We straighten one leg and slowly raise it, then lower it. We make 4 - 5 of these. We pass to the second leg.
- Lying straight, bend the right leg in the knee and, lifting, bend her right hand a little to the left. After 10 movements go to the left foot
- Lying, bending the legs in the knees, raise the pelvis and hold it for a few seconds and slowly lower the
- . Standing up from the couch, slowly stretching upwards, then we relieve tension, bending and limping with the hands down( arms limply dangling).This is a great exercise for relaxing
The second group of exercises for lumbar osteochondrosis
These exercises are a little more complicated, they need to be done when the pain subsides
- We start the complex with the last exercise of the first group
- By keeping our hands relaxed, we make turns with the body to the left and to the right so that hands with overlapwent back
- Put your hands on the waist, do a shallow slope left and right( 5 times in each direction).Then do the same shallow inclinations forward and backward
- We connect all the movements of the previous exercise consistently: tilt left-forward-right-backward. Having made five circles clockwise, we now turn counterclockwise. Exercise very well develops the mobility of the lumbar region, but one must be careful of those who have dizziness, cervical osteochondrosis, intervertebral hernia of the cervical or lumbar region
- . In the same way, rotate the lower part of the trunk. This breaks the blocks in the segment M5 - S1.Contraindication - lumbosacral hernia
- We stand on the half-bent, hands on hips or are lowered. We bend in the back, pulling the shoulder blades back, then arched with the shoulders, reducing the shoulders
- The same exercise "cat" - only on the floor, on the lap
- We lay on our backs and repeat the exercises from the first complex with pulling to the chest and turning each knee alternately to the left andto the right, but with a deeper already amplitude
- Bend your legs in your knees, put them to the floor to the left of the trunk and then to the right
Useful exercises for the lumbosacral department for osteochondrosis in this video:
If the first two complexes are calculated factPhysically disabled, the third already requires a little physical effort. Here will be involved press - playing a huge role for the lumbar department.
The third group of exercises from lumbar osteochondrosis
The third group of exercises already requires a small physical effort
- Lying on your back, raise your elongated legs over the floor, holding them for 10 seconds. . We lower, rest.
- The starting position is the same. We make smooth slow shifts of both feet to the left and to the right.
- Now "semen" straight legs in the air - as if we go somewhere in small steps.
- We make them cross-motions - "scissors".We lower our legs. We lay, we rest.
- We turn on the belly, hands along the trunk. Raise the body and swing left and right.
- Lying on the stomach, we put our hands behind the head and raise and lower the upper part of the trunk. Doing it 10 times
- Standing on the lap in the support, raise the right leg and the left hand, then change them
- We sit on the floor, spreading our legs, bend one by one to each leg, trying to reach out to the toes
- Do the same standing: make deep slopesforward, pulling your hand to the toe of the opposite leg, taking the other hand up and back
- Doing deep inclinations to the left and right: the hands on the side or slide: one - in the direction of tilting down the leg, the second from the opposite side up the side
- Rotate the body,as in hFourth exercise of the second group, only more deeply
- We finish the complex with a relaxing last exercise from the first group
The division of exercises into groups, of course conditional. To some, they may seem simple, but to someone complicated. It all depends on the level of sports training and the stage of osteochondrosis in the patient
Video exercises for lumbar osteochondrosis:
Exercises for the spine with osteochondrosis
Exercises for the spine with osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis is a very unpleasant disease with serious consequences and bright symptoms. Treatment and rehabilitation of this disease, very complex and lengthy processes, which require a lot of effort from the patient. It should be noted that the treatment of osteochondrosis is complex and one of its main components is therapeutic physical training.
Clinic of the disease
Principle of treatment of osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis is a disease that can affect different parts of the spine. Like other diseases of the back, this ailment is treated in a comprehensive manner. At the first stage of treatment you need to eliminate pain, but before that you need to minimize the load, and even better to provide the patient with bed rest. The second stage of treatment of osteochondrosis is the intake of medications from different groups.
Drugs are needed not only to eliminate pain, but also to eliminate the cause of its occurrence. The most effective for osteochondrosis are non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. It is due to the fact that with their help you can get rid of puffiness and inflammation.
When these processes are eliminated, the compression of nerve endings is reduced, this in turn helps to reduce pain. Anesthetics are needed only if the pain is very severe and significantly affects the quality of life of the patient.
Sometimes there are cases where a so-called Novocain blockade may be required to eliminate pain. But whatever it is, taking pain medications is important to remember that they just relieve pain, but do not eliminate its cause.
After the pain is removed, you can move on to the next stage of recovery, which consists of physiotherapy, therapeutic massage and gymnastics. But this stage should be treated very responsibly, since it is not suitable for all patients.
It is important to remember that gymnastics and massage should not cause pain and discomfort in the patient, because first of all they should help to relax and accelerate the recovery. If, in the process of performing the exercise or procedures, the patient feels pain, such treatment should be stopped and additional consultation with the doctor.
In addition, it should be noted that the massage will have a therapeutic effect only if it is performed by specialists, the same applies to curative gymnastics, it will be effective only if it is performed under the supervision of a doctor or an assistant. But this is not all for more rapid recovery, therapeutic exercises should be individual and take into account the nature of the disease and the characteristics of the patient.
Basic principles of therapeutic exercises
As already mentioned, therapeutic gymnastics is an individual complex of exercises, which is designed specifically for a particular patient. Often such exercises are used not only for the treatment of osteochondrosis, but also for the prevention.
With the help of gymnastics, you can work on all parts of the spine, so with its help you can fight with osteochondrosis of different types. Performing this kind of exercises is quite simple, because they consist in simple movements, but they must be performed regularly and correctly.
LFK in osteochondrosis
Since exercises for the spine with osteochondrosis are applied only after the pain syndrome is eliminated, they allow to strengthen the back muscles, and this in turn significantly increases the effectiveness of drug treatment. Considering this, it can be said that therapeutic gymnastics is necessary for strengthening the muscular corset and restoring the mobility of the back.
Since the main cause of osteochondrosis is considered to be muscle weakness and lack of physical activity, it can be said with certainty that with the help of medical exercises it is possible to eliminate the cause of this disease. But, despite the fact that the exercises strengthen the muscles, they give a moderate load, without overtaxing the affected areas, and do not cause complications.
Conditions for performing therapeutic exercises
Despite all the usefulness of therapeutic gymnastics, it is absolutely impossible to perform it when osteochondrosis is at the stage of exacerbation. But even if the disease is in the stage of remission, you need to be very careful to ensure that the exercises do not cause pain.
Exercises should not cause painful sensations
It is caused by the fact that with pain the disease can increase and the patient's condition worsen. This does not mean that painful exercises should be refused at all, periodically during the treatment they can be repeated, thereby verifying the patient's feelings. Such actions will help to monitor the effectiveness of the recovery process, as well as to expand the range of exercises performed.
It is very important when performing therapeutic exercises not to overwork, but to give a moderate strain on the affected areas. To do this, it is recommended that you do exercises of different difficulty levels in turn.
This will allow the muscles to relax and prepare for a more complex exercise. And, of course, we must not forget that all exercises performed with osteochondrosis should have smooth movements. Do not allow any abrupt movement, as well as the positions under which the posture curves.
What exercises should be performed with osteochondrosis
As already mentioned, there are several types of osteochondrosis, which differ in the place of origin of the disease. According to this, the following types of osteochondrosis are distinguished:
Accordingly, for each type of disease there is a specific set of exercises that is directed directly to the affected area. For example, with osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, exercises are often performed, which consist of tilting and turning the head in different directions.
Basic exercises of
Such exercises work directly on the muscles of the neck, thereby strengthening and toning them. Perform exercises can, both in a prone position and standing, but the principle does not change, the main part of the body that is involved in such exercises is the head.
As for exercises in chest osteochondrosis, they often mean shoulder movements or inclinations. Accordingly, perform such exercises, you need to stand up, because in this position you can achieve the maximum effect.
When osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine exercises can be performed in any position of the body. The essence of the exercises with this type of disease most often lies in the slopes, arching of the back, stretching the back and so on. That is, all exercises should strain the muscles of the lumbar spine as much as possible, but do not forget about the alternation of exercise.
Once again it is worth mentioning that it is necessary to perform any exercises only after preliminary consultation with a doctor. It is best if the expert himself develops a set of exercises and the first time they must be performed under his control.
Even after full recovery, do not forget about regular exercise for prevention. This will prevent further occurrence of diseases of the back and simply improve the person's well-being.
Video - Exercises for the spine with osteochondrosis
Exercises and good charging for lumbar osteochondrosis
Therapeutic exercises for lumbar osteochondrosis are divided into two large blocks:
- Charging during acute and subacute state of osteochondrosis.
- Exercise during a stable period of remission.
Each group of exercises has its own characteristics and indications for implementation.
Classes during the acute form
Charge for osteochondrosis of the lumbar should be done from a lying position or standing on all fours, because in this position the load on the spine practically disappears. This is due to a reduction in internal disk pressure in the affected area compared to the vertical position of the body.
Even in the early stages of osteochondrosis of the lumbosacral department, specialists prescribe a special set of exercises, which aims to relieve muscle spasm in the lumbosacral spine. Therapeutic charge prevents the irritation of nerve endings that contact the affected intervertebral discs.
It is forbidden to perform exercises during the acute course of the disease, during which the lumbosacral spine bends and unbends. Otherwise, the patient will feel a burning pain in the lumbar region due to increased pressure on the back wall of the fibrous ring and a well innervated posterior ligament.
You can not perform gymnastics, implying torso tilts over 20 degrees. In this case, the internal disk pressure is significantly increased and the intervertebral disc is possibly displaced, the fibrous tissue and the muscle tissue in the waist zone are stretched.
Well in acute and subacute stage of osteochondrosis of the lumbosacral spine, exercises that imply the straightening of the spine along its axis help. This condition leads to an increase in the intervertebral space, which provides decompression of the nerve roots and blood vessels.
It is forbidden to make abrupt movements with the trunk, as they increase mobility in the problem zone of the waist. A sharp turn or tilt can lead to an even greater injury to the affected intervertebral disc and increased irritation of the nerve endings.
To stabilize the affected lumbar spine, strengthen the musculature of the trunk, pelvic region and lower limbs, it is necessary to perform static exercises as a therapeutic exercise. At first, you should withstand a short exposure( about 2-3 seconds), eventually increasing it.
During remission of
Physical exercises during the remission are intended specifically for training and strengthening the muscles of the waist, the press, buttocks and legs. Pressing the muscles of the press increases the intra-abdominal pressure, so that part of the load that acts on the lumbosacral spine turns to the pelvis and diaphragm.
Thus, the pressure that falls on the affected intervertebral discs decreases by 25-35%.Also, with the developed abdominal press, the vertebral column is stabilized, which by its nature is unstable.
In the lumbar region, the vertebral column on the back supports the torso rectifier, on the side - the lumbar musculature, from the front side - the intra-abdominal pressure that appears due to the strain of the abdominal press. The more developed these muscle departments, the higher the force that stabilizes the lumbar spine.
Most often, the lesion in lumbar osteochondrosis coincides with the place of the greatest spinal congestion. For this reason, during the healing charge, especially in the subacute period of the disease, it is required to fix the lumbar region with the belt of weightlifters or a special orthopedic corset.
Examples of performing
Exercises from a lying position on the side:
- Place your right hand under your head, put your left hand in front of your chest in the floor, your legs straight. Bend the left leg( it should be straight) in the hip joint and slowly return to its original position. Run 8 times for each leg.
- The right hand is left under the head, the left one is pressed to the trunk. Bending your legs, inhale. Then straighten your legs, while lifting up your left arm, stretching and exhaling. Make 6 times on each side.
- The starting position is similar. Bend your legs, trying to push them as close as possible to your stomach, then - exhale. Returning your legs to their original position, inhale.
The next set of exercises is performed in the supine position.
- The starting position is the arms along the trunk, the legs are straight. Slowly spread both arms apart, while breathing in. Returning your hands, exhale. Do the exercise 5 times.
- Alternately, bend the legs in the lap without lifting the foot from the floor.10 times for each leg.
- Slowly carry out the exercise "bike".
Similar exercises can not be performed with an acute form of lumbar osteochondrosis. In any case, you should first consult with your doctor.
Exercises for osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine( video, photo)
Causes of the appearance of
disease Osteochondrosis of the sacral region may appear due to heavy loads. People at risk who are overweight or systematically performing work associated with lifting weights are at particular risk. An additional factor for the development of the disease is a low-activity lifestyle, violation of posture and inability to move properly.
Another common cause of the disease is back injuries. Predisposition to osteochondrosis is among athletes professionally engaged in certain sports. Although it is possible to contribute to the onset of the disease simply by improperly performing complex physical exercises at home.
The reason for the osteochondrosis of the sacral area can also be an improper diet and a daily regimen. Strengthen the propensity of permanent stress, chronic lack of sleep, violation of metabolic processes in the body. Experts believe that the predisposition to osteochondrosis can be genetic. The intervertebral discs of some people have a more porous structure, so they are more prone to deformation.
Earlier, doctors assumed that osteochondrosis is an age-related disease. Most often it was diagnosed in older people and explained this by the fact that over the course of years, vertebrae lose their mobility, become prone to deformation. Today, the main percentage of susceptible osteochondrosis is people of active age.
The main symptoms of the osteochondrosis of the sacrum are as follows:
- Pain in the lumbar region.
- Circulatory disturbance, general weakness in the body.
- Aching pain, which is especially aggravated by sudden movements, sneezing and coughing.
- Reduced sensitivity in the pelvic region, impaired urination( due to pinching of the nerve roots).
Methods of treatment
The choice between traditional or non-traditional treatment is yours. Consult a specialist!
There are various treatments that are used to combat osteochondrosis of the sacral department. One of the main - drug. Modern medicine is sufficiently developed to counter even such a difficult disease. In pharmacies you can find a wide range of different gels and ointments that relieve pain and stop the inflammatory processes.
No less popular with this problem is folk medicine. Different recipes, based on natural components, can positively affect the body.
It's important to remember that you can not use folk medicine thoughtlessly! This method of treatment should be agreed with the doctor to avoid undesirable side effects.
Positive dynamics can be given by massage sessions. When the osteochondrosis of the sacral department, they help to relax and speed up the blood flow. Due to this effect, cells receive more oxygen and regenerate faster.
Exercises for lumbar osteochondrosis are almost always used. Allocate a whole complex of exercises for strengthening and stretching the muscles of the back. The effectiveness of training depends on their regularity, correctness of performance and the patient's desire to achieve the intended goal. It is necessary to exercise exercise therapy constantly, but not overwork. If an unpleasant sensation occurs during the performance of an exercise, you must stop it.
Before performing a set of exercises, it is recommended to consult with a physician on exercise therapy. He can make some adjustments to it or prohibit the performance of certain exercises.
- Lying on your back, bend your knees and, putting your feet on the floor, lift the pelvis. The weight of the body should be shifted to the thoracic area. It is required to raise the pelvis 10 times, lie down and breathe deeply.
- We repeat the first exercise, but we place a small roller under the lower leg. We try to raise the lumbar section. Do not overexert yourself, as untrained muscles can quickly begin to ache.
- Lying in the same position, we strain the muscles of the press and raise our head. Perform for 10 seconds. This exercise is necessary for the overall strengthening of the muscular corset.
- Lying on the back with straight legs, we strain the gluteus muscles for 5 seconds, then relax. We execute up to 12 times per approach.
- Without changing the position, have your left hand behind your head and bend your body, trying to reach your right knee with your left elbow. Then we do the same with the right hand and the left knee. We perform 10 times for each hand.
- Lying on the floor, we perform flexion and extension of the legs in the knees so that the heel does not come off the floor.
The above complex of exercises is simple. It can be performed both at home and in a special gym for exercise therapy, but in both cases it is necessary to consult a doctor first.
Water Treatment Complex
Charcot's Shower is an excellent tool for the relief of back pain
It is recommended to warm up the muscles before starting the exercises, and special attention should be given to the muscles of the sacrum, as they will be most affected by the load. In order to warm them up, it is enough to take a hot bath with the addition of chamomile broth. Even a five-minute warm-up in this way will give cheerfulness and reduce pain.
The water complex of procedures for osteochondrosis of the sacral department is a kind of physiotherapy, the feature of which is the action with the help of water in all its manifestations. An example can be a shower "Charcot", an oriental shower and various therapeutic baths.
It should be noted that water procedures can be performed at home. To do this, make a tincture of cones or medicinal herbs( you can use the popular recipes from the Internet) and take a hot bath with her.
Diagnosis of the osteochondrosis of the sacrum is being treated in a variety of ways, which, if done correctly, help to remove the symptoms in the shortest time and in the future to cure the disease. The choice of the method of fighting the disease should be controlled by a specialist who will help to make the necessary set of procedures.
Osteochondrosis most often affects the spine. The lumbar department is the most susceptible to the disease. This is due to the fact that here is the center of equilibrium of the whole body. Lumbar vertebrae take 70% of the entire body weight, muscles here work in a particularly stressful mode. Let's consider, what exercises at an osteochondrosis of a lumbar department promote the prompt disposal of illness.
Warm up before training
Before classes, you should prepare your muscles well. To do this, we "fill" the body with oxygen and create small loads that cause the cuts to gain gradually turns.
- Place your feet shoulder width apart, do not strain them. To the legs were relaxed, make a few small sit-ups, like you are a spring. Straighten your hands, inhale the air with your chest, put your hands on your shoulders and exhale.
- Raise your hands up, take a deep breath, put your hands down - exhale. At the bottom of the hands should be as relaxed as possible.
- Bend your hands in your elbows, clasp your fingers. Maximize your body to the left, tilt your elbow back, then make the same move to the right. Breathing takes place at each turn, exhalation - during the return to the starting position.
- Put your hands on your waist, make slow rotations with your hips, as if you are twisting an imaginary hoop. First, the movement is clockwise, then against it.
Perform each exercise 10 times the first week, then increase the load by 5 times and so every week.
Complex of exercises number one
Exercises in the chair
Follow the exercises with lumbar osteochondrosis smoothly and neatly. A sharp pain during training testifies to its immediate termination. Perhaps, it is necessary to remove only one exercise, but it is advised to restore training only the next day.
The first set of exercises is performed sitting on a chair with a strong back.
- Sit on a chair, rest your shoulder blades in the back. Knees should bend at 90 degrees. Bend back as far as possible, leaning back in the chair, lean forward as much as possible.
- Sitting with your back to the back, move closer to the edge of the chair. Turn left - right, grasping the back with your hands, do a few small movements, towards the back.
- Put your hands in the chair seat, raise your legs. Tear off the legs from the floor, as far as possible, but do not overdo it. Remember the gradual increase in loads.
Complex of exercises number two
Exercises lying on the back
Here all movements are performed from the prone position. They are aimed at strengthening the muscles and returning the full functionality to the spine.
- Lying on your back, bend your knees. Raise a little lower back, the movements should be small, but fast. It is enough to repeat in 10 - 15 times.
- Pull out your legs and lift your torso. Keep this position for about 10 seconds, then slowly sink to the floor. Have a little rest and again understand the trunk. Repeat the movement 15 times. Doing this exercise should not cause pain.
- Again, bend a little leg and draw to the breast in turn the right one - the left knee. After completing 10 times, put on the knee the opposite hand and "obstruct" its approach to the chest. That is, pull the knee to the chest, and push it away with your hand.
To finish the exercises, extend your arms and legs. Stretch your legs and arms, relax your whole body. Repeat 10 times, then lie down, relaxed for 20 seconds. Also use these exercises for osteochondrosis of the lumbosacral department.
Complex of exercises number three
These exercises must be performed while standing. It is prescribed to patients without acute pain.
- Be straight, correctly aligning the entire spine. Put your feet on the width of your shoulders and strain a little. They should serve your body not with pillars, but with spring springs. Put your hands on the waist, make jerky movements back. In this case, strain a little abdominal muscles.
- Do not change the position, turn your body to the left and right. In this case, try to leave the pelvis in a stationary state.
- Place your hands behind your head and slant sideways. During the tilt, take a deep breath, returning to its original position - exhalation.
For a more detailed introduction to the exercises, it is recommended to view the corresponding video.
Completion of workout
Sudden termination of exercise will cause muscle stasis. This especially applies to unprepared muscles. As a result, instead of good, training will lead to even greater overstrain and pain.
To protect yourself from such consequences, it is recommended that you perform the following:
- When you kneel down, use your hands. Imagine that you are a cat. First, bend down as far as possible, like a waking, stretching cat. Then bend over like a frightened cat. This exercise not only relaxes the muscles, but also stretches the spine. Turn over on your back, grasp your knees with your hands. First turn in this position from the left to the right, then roll forward and back.
- In conclusion, lie down for a few seconds, completely relaxed.
Exercises with roller
You can use a regular terry towel, tightly twisted, as a roller. These exercises were invented in Japan and aimed at correcting the spine. During execution the vertebrae are stretched, the distance between them increases and thus the pressure on the intervertebral discs decreases.
Twist the platen and place it under the waist.
- The first exercise is to lift the upper part of the trunk. Put your hands behind your head and gently lift your body 10 times.
- Then, when lifting the trunk, turn alternately left and right.
- After this, raise your legs 10 times.
These exercises will take no more than 15 minutes a day, and the effect is amazing. The roller promotes the formation of bones in place, which will lead to a rapid recovery. The main thing in this method is regularity. If your roller is built of a towel, then we recommend wrapping it with a rope or tape. Otherwise, it will disintegrate during the exercises and will not allow you to do everything correctly.
Osteochondrosis and sport
Not all types of physical activity are compatible with the disease. You need to choose relaxing, calming and supporting the spine in the correct position of the exercise.
Ideally suited for this yoga and swimming. Yoga contributes to peace and complete relaxation. And in connection with the fact that most cases of osteochondrosis have psychological roots, yoga will become a real cure. Swimming also supports the spine in a physiologically correct position and helps to strengthen the muscular corset.
Do not forget about the seriousness of the disease. It is impossible to cure one of the exercises, so a doctor's visit is mandatory.
Osteochondrosis changes its life in a few months and is far from the best. Back pain, numbness in the limbs, dizziness and a whole list of unpleasant symptoms. An important role in getting rid of these manifestations is played by LPC in osteochondrosis.
What is the treatment of osteochondrosis?
Most back problems have a similar treatment scheme, in the case when you can do without surgery.
- The first stage of treatment is mainly aimed at the removal of symptoms and inhibition of the development of the disease. Use for this non-steroidal anti-inflammatory substances. They relieve swelling, remove inflammation and reduce irritating factors for the nerve roots of the spinal cord. Pain releases and the patient becomes much easier. It is important that he understands that the absence of symptoms is not a recovery. It is necessary to stop taking medication and osteochondrosis will return with double force.
- When the pain is gone, the next stage begins. It includes physiotherapy, massage and physical exercises. Physiotherapy is an impact on the area affected by radiation, current, heat, cold, etc. But, unfortunately, not all patients succumb to this method of treatment. Massage has excellent recovery rates, but an important condition is that it is performed by a professional. And in physical exercises, 90% is the secret to getting rid of the disease.
Complexes of physical exercises
For each department of the spine has its own set of exercises. The main goal of gymnastics is to make the back muscles sturdy, allowing you to lift the weight from the vertebrae and keep the spine in the right position.
The advantage of LPC in the osteochondrosis of the spine is that every movement is physiological. Accordingly, the muscles are not overextended.
Rules for the implementation of the IFS
- The most important thing is not to engage during pain episodes. Gymnastics will not ease it, but will strengthen.
- Movement should not be a discomfort. If there is a burning sensation, pain, numbness, etc., you should stop this movement. Returning to such movements, after a week's break, you can understand how fast your recovery is.
- After intensive workouts, take small breaks. You can walk a few laps around the room.
- Performing movements should be soft, smooth without a hint of harshness. Do not hurry.
- Breathe deeply and smoothly. Do not let the breath go wrong.
Treatment of the cervical spine
Exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
Physiotherapy for cervical osteochondrosis can be performed in two initial positions - sitting and lying. After assessing the patient's condition, the doctor selects a suitable set of exercises. It is not recommended to start any exercises without consulting a specialist.
The floor is suitable for training, or a hard bed without a pillow.
- Lie on the surface, align the spine. For this, under the waist should be a small distance. After that, start the exercises. Raise your head, hold it for a few seconds and go back to its original position. Do not hold your breath. Repeat the movement 10 times, rest and repeat 10 more times.
- Then, drag your chin to the ceiling, lifting your head as far as possible. Hold at the highest point and return back. Repeat 10 times for 2 approaches.
- Turn over on your side, tear your head off the surface, trying to give a parallel to the floor position. Hold your head for a few seconds in this position, then return to the starting position. Repeat 10 times for 2 approaches. Turn over on your stomach, stretch your arms along the body. Raise your head, looking straight ahead. Keep your chin straight. Hold for a few seconds and return to the starting position. Repeat 10 times for 2 approaches.
Remember that physical education for cervical osteochondrosis should be neat. Lfk is considered to be the most secure complex, but if the rules of execution are violated, you can get injured. Especially in this fragile department of the spine.
Treatment of thoracic osteochondrosis
Thoracic osteochondrosis is less common, but its course is complicated by pain in the ribs, the severity of breathing and pain in the region of the heart. Therapeutic physical training in chest osteochondrosis helps the patient to breathe deeper from the first days of training. Performing exercises standing. Put your feet to the width of your shoulders. Imagine that these are small springs, do not strain them. The back should be straight. You can first go to the wall and straighten the spine on it.
- Tilt your head to your chest. Strive to touch the body with your chin. Keep your shoulders together. It turns out that you were hunched up. Having stopped in this position for 5seconds, reverse the effect - tilt the head back, remove the scapula. Repeat 10 times for 2 sets.
- Raise the shoulders alternately. Each 10 times, then lift both arms simultaneously and lock for 5 seconds. Repeat 10 times.
- Leave your shoulders in a circle. First, one way, then the other. Make maximum movements. In each direction should be done 10 turns.
- Lower your hands, stretch a little down. Do not go low - let the palms remain at the level of the knees. Stop for a few seconds, even. This exercise should be done 10 times in 2 approaches.
- Squeeze your hands into fists, rest against their backs. And then bend back. Quit for a few seconds and return to the starting position.
During exercise, do not forget about the need for deep breathing. Do not delay it.
Treatment of lumbar osteochondrosis
LFK with lumbar osteochondrosis
Lfk with osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine is the only salvage from medications. It should be noted that although the pills relieve symptoms and even treat, they negatively affect other body systems. The liver, the gastrointestinal tract, the heart, etc. suffer.
Lumbar osteochondrosis is the most common problem. Suffer a disease, both young people, and aged. Lumbar vertebrae are the most massive, they bear the main gravity of the body. Consequently, the load here is the highest and the strongest muscles play an important role.
The exercises in this complex are performed from a variety of positions - sitting, standing, lying down and even on all fours.
Exercises from standing position:
- Feet on shoulder width, do not strain them. Keep your back straight and lean forward. The slope should be, without bending your back, as if you decided to look behind your back in front of a standing person. Then slowly lean back. The back should also remain straight.
- Muscles are slightly prepared, now perform the maximum incline forward - back.
- Put your hands behind your head, stretch, slightly bending your back. Hold in this position for a few seconds and relax.
- The hands also stay behind the head, make small inclines left-right.
Exercises are performed 10 times on 2 approaches. It is best to perform each movement 10 times, then break and repeat everything. Thus, the load will be evenly distributed, and not loaded on one group of muscles.
Exercises from the prone position:
- Lie on your back, legs bend at the knees and push it towards you. Raise the pelvis to the level of the knees, stay in this position and go back.
- Try to relax as much as possible, then strain the muscles of the press, hold the muscles for 5 seconds, then relax again. Do the exercise 10 times.
- Pull your legs towards you, bringing your knees closer to your chest. Press your knee to yourself with your hands, then release your foot.
- Put your hands under your head and stretch as if you've just woken up.
This therapeutic exercise with lumbar osteochondrosis will not only strengthen the muscles, but also sprain the spine. Due to this, a free distance is formed between the vertebrae. The impact on the intervertebral disc is weakened, and the general condition of the patient improves.
Exercises sitting on the chair
The chair should be sturdy, with a straight back.
- Sit on a chair, press your back against the back of a chair. Put your hands behind your head and gently make small inclines left-right.
- Bend to the knees and make a few small additional slopes, like a residual wiggle.
- Align, hands behind head. Do the inclinations one by one trying to touch the right elbow to the left knee and vice versa.
Each movement, repeat 10 times with 2 approaches.
Exercises on all fours
Such therapeutic exercise with osteochondrosis of the spine allows you to stretch the vertebrae away from each other.
- Get on all fours, keep your head straight. First, perform breathing exercises - a deep breath, a deep exhalation. Breathe, not the belly. Perform 10 breaths and exhalations.
- Fold the spine like a stretching cat. Take a deep breath out. As soon as the exhaled air is over, go on to the next exercise.
- Bend your back as much as an angry cat. Take a deep breath.
For a more visual introduction to the movements, you can watch the video.
The effectiveness of therapeutic physical training
This method of treatment is the oldest. The connection of spinal diseases with muscle training is far from new, and any doctor will advise the patient to strengthen the muscular corset.
But the main condition of efficiency is the individual selection of the complex. This is due to the fact that each organism is individual. Each patient has different physical training, a different stage of the development of the disease. And you can learn this only after a professional examination by a specialist.
Do not start treatment yourself, because of ignorance, you can cause great damage to your body. The most harmless thing that can happen is you pull the muscle, but everything can happen, right down to a serious pinch of the nerve due to a sharp displacement of the vertebrae. And, as a consequence, treatment will be more protracted and difficult.
The role of gymnastics in osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine
Osteochondrosis vertebral lesions have become so common pathology today that they are overtaken only by influenza and ARVI.The age of modern technology is characterized by a sedentary lifestyle of the population, insufficient physical exertion, a constant sitting in front of the computer monitor. All this in aggregate provokes the appearance of the pathology of the spine.loading. ..
It is impossible to get rid of such ailment forever, but many effective methods have been developed to prevent further progression of osteochondrosis lesions. One of these techniques is gymnastics.
The use of gymnastics in the treatment of osteochondrosis of the lumbosacral spine
According to most doctors, it is almost impossible to cure lumbar osteochondrosis without gymnastic sessions. In the network laid out a lot of techniques for doing such a physical education, but you can not start such therapy yourself, it is necessary to consult a treating neurologist.
The purpose of the gymnastic treatment requires an individual approach to each patient and depends on the severity of the vertebral disease.
The fundamental task of such gymnastic procedures is:
- Restoration of normal lympho- and blood flow in the affected area;
- Providing conditions for the metabolism of damaged fibrous tissues;
- Elimination of pain symptoms caused by compression of nerve endings;
- Restoration of nerve-root activity;
- Elimination of compensatory muscle spasms;
- Prevention of further progression of degenerative fracture of intervertebral discs.
The course of therapeutic gymnastics is recommended to begin two to three days after the final elimination of pain.
Rules for performing therapeutic gymnastics
To receive noticeable changes, it is necessary to conduct gymnastic sessions every day.
Experts recommend that patients with osteochondrosis of lumbar localization engage in swimming, walking on skis or a treadmill. To avoid exacerbations, cycling, tennis or volleyball, fast running, sports or overly mobile dances are not desirable.loading. ..
There is a list of recommendations, under which gymnastic sessions will bring the maximum therapeutic benefit:
- Any gymnastics, even assuming simple movements, must necessarily be discussed or appointed by a doctor after a thorough examination. The statistics are such that the majority of patients( more than 70%) who independently prescribe gymnastics only aggravate the course of osteochondrosis, and only 20 patients out of 100 have no effect;
- The sessions of gymnastics should be done smoothly, accurately, without delay of breath;
- Select for gymnastic therapy a few minutes daily, regardless of time of day, most importantly, regularly;
- If the patient does not have enough time, then there are exercises that can be performed without hindrance while at the workplace;
- It is recommended to choose clothes that will not impede movement. It is better to prefer natural tissues, so that the body breathes and does not supercool;
- If during the gymnastic session you began to feel a strong pain, then this indicates incorrectly chosen exercises. Such exercises should provide relief to the affected vertebrae, so it is important to give up body movements that cause painful discomfort;
- Remember - it's better to do less exercises, but regularly than a lot, but how horrible;
- To stretch the joint and muscle tissue and relieve pain symptoms, before exercising, do a few movements on muscle warming and stretching, they also need to finish gymnastic exercises;
- When exacerbated, the training is carried out in a reclining position, while the rest of the time is allowed on all fours or standing;
- The first gymnastic training consists of 3-5 movements, repeated 4-5 times, in the future, activities can be diversified and other movements.
Back exercises for
Gymnastic exercises help to strengthen the muscular corset and ligament apparatus, as a result, drug therapy is of secondary importance.
In other words, medical training allows the patient to reduce the dosage of medications taken, with long-term administration of causing side effects.The main emphasis is on strengthening the dorsal muscles, because it is their weakness and lack of physical activity that indirectly provoke osteochondrosis of the spine. The peculiarity of such gymnastic training is that exercises do not cause muscle stretching, overstrain or overwork.
At the stage of exacerbation of
Many experts assert that it is unacceptable to be engaged in training at an acute stage. In part, they are right, you can not perform those movements that are shown for the remission period and carry a greater burden on the vertebrae.
For a heightened stage, special gymnastic exercises have been developed:
- Lying on the back of your hands to get under your head. Inhaling, pulling the elbows forward, lowering the head, simultaneously bending the legs. When exhaling, you should return to the original position. Similar movements are done 5-7 times slowly and smoothly;
- Lying on the back to bend one leg. When inhaling, you should rest on the edge of the bench and bend your back. The pelvis is raised, the emphasis should be on the head and a bent limb. On exhalation it is necessary to return to the original position. Perform 5-7 deflections;
- Lying on your back, place your arms under your head, place your elbows on the sides. It is necessary to pull the bent legs to the stomach. When inhaling, we reach for our knees head, simultaneously wrapping them around our hands. On exhalation we return to the original position. This exercise should be done 5-7 times.
During the remission period of
In the remission period to the gymnastics described above, a cycle of exercises performed standing or on all fours is added:
- Get on your knees and rest on your elbows. When you inhale, you should focus on your forearms and stretch your leg up and back, while lifting your head upwards. On exhalation you need to return to the starting position. Exercise should be repeated 5-7 times for each side( left arm-leg, right arm-leg);
- Stand on your knees, resting on your elbows. When you inhale, round your back smoothly and wavy, your head should be lowered down. With exhalation take the original position. All movements should be done smoothly and leisurely. Repeat the exercise 5-7 times;
- Extremely alleviate the condition of spine stretching. You need to lock the door so it does not close. Then you should hang, catching the upper door edge and bending your legs. Hanging in this position should not be longer than a minute. This self-extension can be done three times a day. It relieves pain and relieves tension from the spinal muscles.
For the prevention of
There are exercises that are not aimed at treatment, but to prevent the development of lumbar osteochondrosis.
A similar gymnastic complex can be supplemented with a daily morning exercise. Time for this will take a little, and the benefits will be invaluable, as the spine with regular gymnastics will remain healthy and flexible to the elderly:
- Stand with your hands on your hips. In such a pose, it is necessary to slope alternately in each direction. In general, you need to make 40 slopes: 10 for each side;
- Lie on your back and bend your legs in the knees. You need to gently push your knees to your chest. Exercise should be done at least 10 times;
- Lie on your stomach and rest your palms on the floor surface. It is necessary to wring out, without lifting the legs from the floor. To do 10 times.
Daily 15-minute sessions for osteochondrosis vertebrae lesions will help to eliminate pain syndrome and prevent associated vertebral pathologies .
If during the training you have felt painful symptoms, then stop training and consult about further sessions of gymnastics with the doctor.
Training, designed for osteochondrosis exacerbation, is aimed at restorative effects. As for classes during the remission period, active exercises are added to the initial movements, the purpose of which is to increase the motor abilities.
You can add training on the treadmill and skiing, moderate tennis or volleyball, swimming. If the patient initially has a good physical preparation, then the exercises can be supplemented with the use of different balls, dumbbells, weighting agents, etc.Subject to all the recommendations and the correct technique of performing gymnastic exercises, it is possible to significantly inhibit the processes of intervertebral fracture, eliminate pain symptoms and increase the activity of movements.
Video gymnastics for osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine:Loading. .. Do you like the article? Share with friends in social networks: Facebook
Complex of exercises for osteochondrosis of the spine
Have time to get a 60% discount on the "Magnetic Corrector Posture" for the Promotion for 997 rubles. More information on the site ▶ http://osanka.mir-pozvonochnika.ru
LFK for osteochondrosis of the spine.
Complex of exercises for diseases of the spine and joints.
Instructor LFK - Julia Shevkoplyas.