How to treat osteochondrosis at home?
There are already legends about the danger of self-treatment and the application of methods of traditional medicine. But the treatment of osteochondrosis at home is even recommended by specialists, because the speed of recovery of the cartilaginous tissues of the spine depends on the patient's discipline and the independent use of various means and methods. Nevertheless, do not hurry to engage in amateur performance: the best recommendations for home therapy will be given by a specialist doctor.
The main principle of home treatment of
The most serious mistake in the treatment of diseases is the lack of a sight in depth: eliminating the symptoms does not mean getting rid of the disease, but only creates a time period of comfort with a subsequent attack of malaise and pain. Therefore, the use of pain medication for home treatment of osteochondrosis is only a small part of what you can do.
Temporarily getting rid of pain in the spine and muscle spasm,
As a rule, specialists give patients recommendations, the fulfillment of which becomes the guarantor of successful treatment in full. These include: diet, exercise therapy, medication, advice on lifestyle, sleep and rest, selection of bedding.
In the treatment of osteochondrosis, a systematic approach is mandatory, therefore, all the prescriptions of the physician must be carried out not in part, but completely.
How to intensively eliminate the causes of the disease?
Do you know why your spine suffers? To say for sure that the development of the disease began because of improper nutrition or stagnation of blood is almost impossible, so effective therapy requires a whole program aimed at restoring blood flow to the damaged discs.
Next, we will briefly talk about the methods of treating osteochondrosis at home. About some of them we already talked in more detail: below, in the descriptions of methods, see the article on links.
- Diet. Often, the cause of osteochondrosis are blood flow disorders due to the accumulation of cholesterol and loss of vascular elasticity. The elimination of fatty foods, as well as products rich in cholesterol: chicken eggs, meat broths, pork and chicken skin will help to correct the situation.
Not the last role in the activity of vessels can be played and strong drinks, and even not containing alcohol - ordinary coffee and tea. Vascular spasm leads to a regular intake of nicotine into the body. The solution is unequivocal: if you are being treated for osteochondrosis, you should completely abandon bad habits and lead a healthy lifestyle.
- Restoration of blood circulation in the area of the pathological process is the most important condition for treating osteochondrosis at home. There are a lot of ways: from physical therapy to rubbing and compresses, you also have to choose a few and act. Orthopedic accessories for sleep. The spine is the axis of the human body, which throughout the day experiences stress, dynamic motion and static when sitting. But, like any other part of the body, he needs a full rest, which can only be provided by an even right arrangement during sleep. A quality orthopedic mattress and pillow create ideal conditions for normal blood circulation during your sleep and rest.
Smooth position of the body on the orthopedic mattress
Best methods for treating osteochondrosis at home
Despite all the complexity of the pathology, treating it at home, by and large, is not so difficult. The main requirement is discipline and daily implementation of all necessary procedures. Here are the most effective methods:
- Therapeutic physical training( individual complex of exercises) taking into account the localization of the disease. Gymnastics for cervical osteochondrosis includes exercises for the development of the muscles of the shoulder and neck, lesions of the lumbar vertebrae require a completely different approach - a combination of unloading the spine and developing the musculature of the lower back.
- At home, you can also perform simple self-massage techniques: rubbing and stroking, combined in a single program, can work wonders.
- Despite the fact that people are actively talking about osteochondrosis not so long ago( due to the increase in the incidence), it exists since ancient times. Of course, folk medicine has preserved hundreds of recipes of flavors, appliques and compresses.
The advantage of blossoms and compresses is a rapid effect: they not only increase the flow of blood to the focus of osteochondrosis, but also relieve pain for several hours.
This includes herbal baths. Sometimes enough 5-7 sessions of fragrant procedure to get rid of strong pain.
- At home, you can apply and some methods of traditional Chinese medicine, which have gained immense popularity in the west: acupressure and acupuncture. But if you can not put the needles on your own, then the basic techniques of acupressure massage( shiatsu) can be fully mastered.
- Applicator Kuznetsova and Applicator Lyapko are devices specially designed for the treatment of osteochondrosis and many other diseases in any home environment.
- For a long time, the ailment has been treated by the action of a magnetic field, which stimulates the circulation of blood in the muscles located along the spine. This method can also be used at home, but special physicians should be selected by a physiotherapist.
Along with well-known methods, there is growing interest in new methods of traditional Chinese medicine for Europe that offer to treat osteochondrosis by applying packets and patches with herbs-phytopaths for the night. Chinese themselves recommend the use of a full course of therapy, including acupuncture, the use of patches and lotions with herbs in the affected areas( in which biologically active substances penetrate through the skin, exerting a local effect), establishing relations with oneself and the surrounding world.
And more recently there was a novelty, opening prospects of home treatment of osteochondrosis even for undisciplined patients - a massager bed.
As you can see, there are a lot of ways of therapy in the conditions of your own home. The key to recovery is discipline: by regularly implementing all the doctor's recommendations in full, you can significantly slow down or completely stop the degradation of the intervertebral discs.
How to treat osteochondrosis of neck
The category of occupational diseases is often referred to as osteochondrosis of the neck. This disease develops in all who lead a sedentary lifestyle, is forced to keep the spine in the wrong position. The first signs can appear and in 20 years. But only at an exacerbation there is a question how to treat an osteochondrosis of a neck.
Degenerative-dystrophic processes in the cervical region have a certain specificity. This is associated with the structures of the vertebrae, in which there should be many moving elements. The neck holds a head, therefore it is constantly in tension. Through the spasm of muscles and loss of mobility of the vertebrae, vessels and bundles of nerves can be transmitted. This leads to severe pain, loss of efficiency, dizziness, weakness, loss of consciousness and other unpleasant manifestations. It is due to the mobility of the cervical department that it is not so easy to treat it.
Where and when should I start treatment?
Osteochondrosis belongs to a group of diseases that can not be completely cured in the later stages. In neglected cases, one can only alleviate their course and slightly restore the mobility of the spine. It is known that at the earliest stages it is possible to completely recover and get rid of osteochondrosis, but this does not mean that the process will not start to develop anew.
The earlier the treatment was started, the more effective it will be. It is easier to prevent the development of the disease and in the future to constantly carry out a set of preventive measures than to regularly test the entire group of symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis.
For those who suddenly found an attack of pain in the neck, the question is urgent where to cure cervical osteochondrosis. You need to go to a special medical institution, where there is a doctor vertebrologist or neurologist. After they specify the diagnosis, complex treatment of the disease will be prescribed. An alternative option may be home treatment or self-treatment. Usually this is just an addition to the prescribed procedures and medications. In this case, only the patient is responsible for his health.
First aid can be provided at home by drinking a tablet with an analgesic effect. But this does not replace the visit to the doctor. Ideally, you need a specialist vertebrologist, but, in extreme cases, you can make an appointment and an appointment with a neurologist.
Methods of treatment of traditional medicine
Depending on the stage of cervical osteochondrosis, the habits of the patient, his lifestyle, concomitant diseases and determining the cause of pain, the doctor decides how to treat cervical osteochondrosis correctly. The treatment will pursue two goals: the removal of symptoms of exacerbation of osteochondrosis and therapeutic measures aimed at improving, inhibiting the course of the disease.
There are a lot of methods and methods. All of them apply in different situations and in different ways. Usually, the doctor prescribes approximately the following treatment:
- Prescribes painkillers, anti-inflammatory drugs and antispasmodics. Their task is to relieve tension from the muscles, eliminate the pressure of blood vessels, nerve fibers and remove the focus of inflammation. This helps to remove pain and start a recovery process. This group can be represented by different drugs, prescribed in the form of tablets, ointments, injections.
- A drug is prescribed that stimulates the restoration of cartilage and bone tissue. Usually such substances are produced in tablets, less often by injections. This treatment is "for the future".The help with the restoration of damaged tissues slows down the process and reduces the likelihood of remission. Additionally, ointments and gels of warming and anti-inflammatory effects may be prescribed.
- Manual therapy. To relieve muscle spasm, stimulate metabolic processes in the damaged area, you can activate the ability of the body itself. For this, therapeutic exercises, massages, hirudotherapy or reflexotherapy can be prescribed. There is a positive effect on the body in the treatment of acupuncture.
- Surgical intervention. If irreversible processes have occurred, for example, a herniated disc, then they can be eliminated only as a result of surgery. This is an extreme case.
Additionally, a doctor can prescribe certain diets that are rich in vitamins and minerals that the body needs. Can recommend changing some habits, doing regular warm-ups. And in the first days of the manifestation of the disease, bed rest, special corsets, supporting the head and relaxing muscles of the neck can be appointed.
The effectiveness of devices for physiotherapy at home
Apparatus for home treatment of osteochondrosis affects vertebrae by means of a small discharge of electric current, magnetic field pulses, and also vibroacoustic waves. With the systematic use of physiotherapy, the patient's condition improves significantly:
- The lymph flow and circulation improves, which improves the nutrition of the spine and eliminates the inflammatory process.
- Detoxified from soft tissues during stagnation.
- Exchange processes are accelerated, contributing to the regeneration of disks.
- The mesh of small vessels feeding the vertebrae is restored.
- Improves sleep, eliminates the secondary symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis arising from insufficient blood supply to the brain.
Sometimes the positive effect of physiotherapy in combination with a healthy lifestyle and exercise therapy can almost completely abandon the treatment of medications. However, the conclusion that the need for taking medications has disappeared, should be done by the doctor, based on tests confirming regression in treatment.
Devices for home treatment of osteochondrosis
When choosing a device for the treatment of osteochondrosis at home, you should pay attention to such criteria as efficiency, price, ease of use, as well as the choice of the intensity of the impact of physiotherapy.
A good effect in the treatment of osteochondrosis at home was shown by the following devices: Almag01, Almag02, Osteo Dance, Vitafon, Darsonval.
Apparatus that accelerates metabolic processes through the influence of magnetic impulses on positively charged particles in the human body. The device consists of two parts - a pulse generator in the form of a block, and four connected indicators. When connected to the mains, the generator starts producing a running magnetic field, which penetrating deep into the cells, helps accelerate all regeneration processes and improve health.
You can apply Almage not only for osteochondrosis of any department, but also for other diseases of the musculoskeletal system, stomach diseases, cardiac and gynecological ailments.
Apparatus Dance used for the treatment of degenerative processes in the cervical region has the principle of the effect of dynamic electroneurostimulation on the deep layers of muscle mass for the relaxation and removal of spasms in the pain syndrome. Dance is a collar containing a block of cervical electrodes, whose operation is controlled by a remote control, which undoubtedly simplifies the entire procedure. Osteo Dance has two regimens - therapeutic and relaxing, depending on the severity of the cervical pain syndrome.
Three levels of intensity of the apparatus Dans allow to apply it at different periods of manifestation of the disease. So, the third level of intensity, causing mild pain for therapeutic purposes, is used under the supervision of a doctor, while the first two regimens can be used independently. The intensity of treatment by the apparatus of Dance at home, as well as the duration of the course is determined by the attending physician.
The principle of action is the healing effect of acoustic waves on the human body. The device is a small device that generates vibro-acoustic waves that can penetrate 10cm deep into the human body and accelerate metabolic processes, promote the elimination of toxins, and also stimulate the work of the nervous and circulatory system. Vitafon is used for osteochondrosis of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar region, and can be used when the knee and shoulder joints are destroyed.
The device, which is based on electric high-frequency impulses, is able to significantly improve all biochemical processes in the body for a short course of procedures, accelerate metabolism in tissues, and start a regeneration program. In addition, that such apparatus is used not only for the treatment of osteochondrosis of any department, but also for the purposes of general sanitation and rejuvenation. Darsonval has several modifications designed for narrowly directed use in osteochondrosis of any department, as well as a wide profile with additional functions of ozone therapy and ultraviolet radiation.
Before deciding on the choice of the device, you should consult with your doctor about the advisability of using this or that method of exposure, since some of them have contraindications.
Treatment of osteochondrosis at home with folk remedies |PEOPLE'S MEDICINE
Treatment of osteochondrosis at home is a complex process, which requires patience, doctor's advice and the use of folk remedies.
If it turned out that you have osteochondrosis, you must first turn to specialists, that is, undergo treatment, which is prescribed by the doctor.
This is unquestionably the right decision, but it's not quite complete. The correct treatment is that it should in no way be only related to visits to the doctor alone and the use of medications.
Home treatment of osteochondrosis
Even the most competent doctors with colossal experience do not deny that the treatment of osteochondrosis at home with the help of folk remedies often yield positive results. Proceeding from this, we will discuss such a topic as the treatment of osteochondrosis at home with folk remedies, because for the most extensive treatment of a disease you need to understand what exactly is allowed to do in order to ease your own fate.
And so let's look at the information about what osteochondrosis means. Osteochondrosis is the process of deposition of salts, which primarily occurs in the intervertebral disk, and then passes to the bodies of vertebrae, intervertebral joints and the entire ligamentous apparatus.
You should not doubt that at this diagnosis you just need treatment at home.
Treatment of osteochondrosis at home with folk remedies
• An excellent treatment effect is achieved with honey massage in a therma( bath).To do this, you need the neck, shoulders, back to warm well and apply honey to the sore spots, after which a massage is done. After a light massage, you need to press down the painful place with a palm, and after a couple of seconds, release it sharply. Pay attention that honey is well absorbed into the skin, then cover everything with compress paper and wrap it.
• In addition to honey, other therapeutic compresses are used in osteochondrosis, a variety of burning plants( black radish, garlic, roots and horseradish leaves).The way these funds are used is as follows: you need to put them on sore spots and wrap them well. Burning should be tolerated as much as possible to endure to get a positive result. Also, these agents promote good blood circulation in the vertebral region.
Treatment of cervical and lumbar osteochondrosis with folk remedies
• Home treatment of osteochondrosis can be carried out with such a tincture: 10 tablets of aspirin are powdered and poured with 250 g of vodka. Insist 2 days. You should get a suspension, because the tablets do not completely dissolve. After the massage, make this tincture rubbing the places where there is a deposit of salts. You can do and compress: the gauze bandage is moistened in tincture, applied to the sore spots and covered with cellophane. This tincture is also treated with a calcaneal spur.
• With success, you can treat cervical and lumbar osteochondrosis with sheep's wool. After rubbing with a tincture of bee podmora or Indian onion( cut together with leaves, pour vodka 1: 2 and insist 2 weeks in a dark place), on the sore spot wear a woolen belt or a scarf made of sheep's wool. If you can suffer a burning sensation, then leave for the whole night, if you endure it hard, then they wear 1 to 2 hours.
• Very good for treatment of osteochondrosis at home, this tincture: 2 tablespoons of willow bark + 2 tablespoons of lilac bark( you can also use flowers) + 1 tablespoon of bay leaf. This mixture is poured with 0.5 liters of vodka, 50 mg of camphor alcohol and put in a dark place for 21 days, daily very often shaking. After straining the flour is ready.
Traditional methods of treatment of osteochondrosis
• Treatment of osteochondrosis at home with homemade ointment: take 100 grams of melted unsalted lard, any flower honey, triple cologne and 1 hour spoon 70% vinegar. All the solid constituents are brought to a liquid state and mixed. The ointment is ready. Smear sore places morning and evening. Ointment is stored in the refrigerator. Over time, the ointment does not lose its healing properties.
• Nowadays, treatment of osteochondrosis with monastic tea is very popular, which restores the elasticity of the intervertebral discs and cartilages. Read more about it here.
• Mix kerosene and sunflower oil 1: 1 and whisk for 2 minutes in a sealed container. Such rubbing is applied by massage movements and wrapped up for the night.
• In general, osteochondrosis "likes" dry heat. Therefore, in the arsenal of each house should be ready "healing bags".Read about them here. In addition to them I will give an example of such a bag: collect the bones of fruit trees( plums, cherries, apricots, peaches), rinse, dry and stuff them with a bag of dense tissue. During an exacerbation of an osteochondrosis, heat it in an oven to 50 degrees and apply to a sore point.
Treatment of osteochondrosis at home is real, the main thing is not to be lazy and try a variety of folk remedies, be persistent and defeat your illness. All of health!