How can I treat gout at homeMany people are wondering how to cure gout with the help of home remedies. Before answering it, it is necessary to understand the nature and causes of this ailment. Due to a malfunction in the metabolic processes, there is a violation of salt metabolism, which leads to the deposition of urates( urine crystals) in the joints. Finally, you can not cure gout at home, but you can alleviate the pain and reduce the risk of relapse.
Gout is a serious enough disease, it can lead to disability. Irresponsible approach to its treatment is impossible. And rely only on non-traditional methods of therapy at home is not worth it, it can lead to irreversible processes and serious complications. For example, a pathology such as a gouty kidney may occur. When hyperuricemia accumulates a large number of urates, and there is a risk that the kidney will not cope with their inference. This complication often occurs when the primary manifestation of the disease. Subsequently, pathology can affect other organs and systems of the body.
Often gout is accompanied by phlebitis, nephritis, atherosclerosis, neuralgia, neurasthenia and certain diseases of the organs of vision. The reasons for such an exchange pathology are unbalanced nutrition, excessive consumption of meat, spices, alcohol and tobacco. A significant impact on these processes have a genetic predisposition, kidney disease, broken urate synthesis. Also gout develops with endocrine abnormalities and hypodynamia.
Symptoms of gouty arthritis
If the first symptoms of this disease are identified, it is necessary to urgently consult a doctor and perform a series of tests. If the diagnosis is confirmed, it is important to consult a physician about the methods of therapy. Only a qualified person can give the right advice and explain how to treat gout at home.The main symptoms of gout include:
- severe pain, especially when moving;
- crunching in joints at any load;
- discoloration of the skin around the affected areas;
- sensation of numbness;
- high body temperature;
- swelling of the joints.
Joints with gout may be deformed. As a result, there will be difficulties with movement, an attack of ailment will be accompanied by unbearable pain. You can not start a disease, because a person risks becoming disabled, because the old form will not be able to return the deformed joints. Treatment will only avoid possible complications.
Treatment of illness by household meansFolk remedies will be effective only if the patient does not refuse to take medication prescribed by a doctor. And first of all you need to adjust the food. To eliminate disturbances in salt metabolism, it is important to minimize salt intake as much as possible.
You can not cure gout with the help of natural home remedies. But to reduce the degree of manifestation of symptoms during periods of relapse can be. With the help of home procedures, pain is quite effective. As a rule, acute attacks last from 5 to 7 days. And during this period should take non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Treatment of gout at home involves various procedures using natural remedies. It is also recommended to perform simple physical exercises. Many doctors argue that it is very useful to conduct urine therapy, soar your legs in a heated urine. It is useful and effective to make different compresses. The best are compresses using honey and salt.1 tablespoon of each component should be put on gauze and apply it to the affected areas on the legs. You can also make compresses with the addition of red clay and wine vinegar.
During the period of exacerbation, the use of herbal infusions is very helpful. It is necessary to use herbs that normalize the production of uric acid or remove the substance from the body. Such herbs include mint, dill, calendula, and red bilberry. It is very useful to use herbal tea, which contains the roots of wheatgrass( 20 g), violet tricolor( 30 g), burdock root( 25 g) and Veronica officinalis( 20 g).All these herbs should be mixed, fried 40 grams per liter of hot boiled water and let stand for 20 minutes. To eat 3 times a day, the first mug to drink in the morning on an empty stomach.
How to relieve pain in gout
Painful sensations can be removed with aspirin and iodine. In this way, inflammation is also eliminated. Acetylsalicylic acid must be dissolved in iodine, in proportions of 10 g iodine per 5 tablets of aspirin. The resulting consistency should be applied to the affected areas at night. Iodine can be added to the water and make baths. It takes 9 drops of iodine per 3 liters of water. Painful sensation well removes activated charcoal. It must be crushed, add flax seed to the oil and lubricate the mixture with diseased joints. These procedures can be done within a month.
Radon, hydrogen sulphide and sodium chloride baths help to eliminate severe pain in the hands and feet. Radon and hydrogen sulphide can be taken only in sanatoriums. A sodium chloride is easy to make at home. To do this, you should collect water in the bath with a temperature of about 38 degrees and add to it 1.5-2 kg of ordinary rock salt. Then you need to immerse the diseased joints in water for 20 minutes and do this procedure for 10-15 days. But such baths are contraindicated for people suffering from cardiovascular diseases.
Well removes pain ointment from kerosene. To make it, you need 50 g of kerosene, 50 g of vegetable oil, 30 g of laundry soap and about one glass of soda. It is necessary to mix all these ingredients thoroughly and rub until the ointment is completely absorbed. Another ointment can be made from butter and alcohol, taking them in equal proportions. Oil should be warmed up well, removed from heat and pour alcohol. Then burn in a frying pan and wait until the flame completely goes out. After this, you can rub the ointment into the joints on the legs or hands, store it in the refrigerator.
If an attack occurs, to effectively fight the disease you need to comply with all the prescriptions of the treating doctor. The most important is to follow a diet. If the body gets harmful food, it will negatively affect the level of production of salt of uric acid.
There are many methods for treating gout at home, and almost all give positive results. But if you do not approach treatment in a complex way, you can damage your own body.
How to treat gout with home remedies
Gout - a systemic disease caused by a violation of purine metabolism, characterized by an increased content of uric acid in the body, followed by the deposition of its salts in the joints and internal organs. How can you avoid serious symptoms of this disease and cure it at home without going to the hospital?
The content of the article:
What you need to do with gout first
Therapeutic diet: what can and can not be eaten with gout
Coping( interrupting) acute gouty
Folk remedies for acute gout
Recipes of folk gout treatment during interictal period
How and why does a gout attack occur?
The onset of gout is most often acute, manifesting with a characteristic attack. In the midst of full health, usually at night, the patient wakes up from a sharp unbearable pain in the metatarsus of the big toe. The slightest touch to the finger or an attempt to change the position causes an increase in pain. The skin over the joint is hyperemic, edematous, hot on palpation.
Most often, such attacks are triggered by inaccuracies in the diet, such as eating meat and alcohol. Patients who suffer from gout for a long time, usually independently recognize the attack and use a prescription medication. If such symptoms are noted for the first time, it is necessary to call an ambulance without delay, for without medical intervention the attack can last many hours.
To somewhat reduce pain, before the ambulance arrives, it is recommended:
- to provide the affected finger with complete rest;
- give the limb a slightly elevated position;
- attach to the joint a cold compress or ice.
crystals of acid cause an attack of gout
The next day, you should definitely consult a doctor, so that he can accurately determine that the attack was gouty, because despite the characteristic manifestations, a similar clinical picture can be observed in a number of other diseases: acute thrombosis of the veins of the foot, aseptic necrosis of the metatarsal joint, etc.
If the diagnosis of gout is confirmed, the attending physician prescribes special medication, aimed both at the prevention of repeated seizures, and on the treatment of a chronic process.
Such treatment includes: a diet, the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, correctors of purine metabolism and uric acid metabolism, hormone therapy.
The first and most important place in gout therapy is diet. First of all, it is necessary to almost completely abandon foods that are rich in purines or promote the formation of uric acid in the body.
These are the forbidden products for gout:
1. Red meat varieties - beef, pork, lamb. It is desirable to exclude them in any form. It is acceptable to use a small amount of low-fat varieties of meat, in a boiled form.
2. Alcohol. It should be abandoned altogether, especially from red wine.
meat and alcohol provoke an attack of gouty arthritis
3. Fat - have a hyperuricemic effect.
4. Limit the amount of table salt to 5-8 g / day, as it contributes to the retention of uric acid in the body
5. All kinds of beans, as well as cocoa and coffee - these products are rich in purines.
6. Limit the use of products containing oxalates: sorrel, asparagus, spinach, radish, turnips, tomatoes, etc.
7. Limit the intake of animal proteins and increase the amount of plant.
Products recommended and approved for gout:
1. Extensive alkaline drink, up to 2-2.5 liters per day, if there is no contraindication from the cardiovascular system.
alkaline drink with gout is an important element of the diet
2. All kinds of citrus fruits, in the absence of an allergic reaction.
3. Fruit and vegetable juices, which have an alkaline effect on urine.
Some patients sometimes refuse to take medication, especially when gout has a chronic chronic course, arguing that anti-inflammatory and other drug groups have a lot of side effects, or there are contraindications to their admission. They prefer to turn to folk medicine for gout, which are no less effective in treating or preventing this disease. It is also possible to combine the use of medication and folk remedies, for the speediest recovery.
Coping( interruption) of an acute gouty
Here, the most effective are the medications - non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. To stop the attack, diclofenac, nimesulide, meloxicam, celecoxib and other drugs from this group are prescribed.
Remember that these medications should be prescribed by a doctor! Do not self-medicate, this can lead to serious complications.
Folk remedies for acute gout
The use of folk medicine at the same time as medicines has a beneficial effect on reducing pain and duration of the attack.
1. Wipe the horseradish or radish on a small grater to make a gruel. Put on the leaves of burdock or coltsfoot, wrap around a sore thumb and wrap it with a bandage. Such a compress helps to quickly relieve pain and resorption of salts of uric acid in the joint area.
2. To rub the root of the comfrey, mix it with pork fat and dimexide, in a ratio of 2: 4: 1.Lubricate this mixture with the affected joint, cover it with compress paper and warm it with a woolen cloth. To put such compresses for 4-5 hours, for 10 days.
3. Heat the frying pan in a frying pan until foam formation. Pour there an equal amount of alcohol and set it on fire. Wait until all alcohol is burnt and collect the remaining oil in a glass container. Keep in the refrigerator, rub into the affected joint during an attack.
Recipes of folk treatment in the interstitial period
1.Several large cloves of garlic and half a large onion grate on a fine grater, add a stalk of aloe, a small piece of beeswax and 1 tablespoon of ghee. Put the stew on a slow fire until boiling. Then remove from heat, shake well and mix. Apply in the form of warmed compresses at night.
healing folk collections will help your feet to become healthy
2.10 g. Activated carbon( 40 tablets) grind on a coffee grinder or manually. Add 1 tablespoon of flax seed to the table and add water until the mixture takes on a pasty consistency. Lubricate the affected joints with this mixture for the night, top with polyethylene and cloth.
3. To reapply 50 gr.root of horse sorrel, pour 1 liter of vodka and insist in a dark dish for 12 days, shaking daily. Take 1 teaspoon, in the morning on an empty stomach and in the evening before bedtime.
4. The following collection of herbs helps to avoid repeated seizures: hawthorn fruits, blue-head and lime flowers, thyme, hips. Mix in a ratio of 2: 2: 2: 5: 4, brew and drink like regular tea once a day.
5. To weaken the intensity of gouty pains can birch juice collected in early spring. Use it should be 1 glass three times a day.
6.In the interictal period, a significant effect can be achieved by rubbing the affected joints with infusion of lilac flowers. To do this, glass containers, 0.5-1 liter capacity, filled with fresh flowers of lilac and poured with water. To insist it is necessary for 1 week, in a dark place. Rinse daily before bedtime, after which the joints must be insulated.
But the main thing for a gout is to remember that it affects not only the joints, but also the internal organs. Therefore, self-medication with the help of only traditional medicine can end very badly. You can see the recipes given here, but starting an independent treatment, without first consulting a specialist, is highly undesirable.
For proper and full treatment of gout, always consult a doctor!
Treatment of gout on the legs - ways to treat gout and getting rid of gout at home - Healthy age
Criteria for diagnosing gout
Symptoms of the disease
In 2000, WHO adopted diagnostic criteria that made it possible to verifiably verify the diagnosis of "Gout"".Each clinician of the therapeutic profile must follow the scheme adopted in this document in his diagnosis.
The first diagnostic sign is the detection of urates in the puncture of the intra-articular fluid. This sign is revealed by performing a puncture of the joint cavity, which in itself is a very painful procedure.
The second sign, pathognomonic and mandatory for the diagnosis of "gout" is the presence of tofus - accumulations of urates in soft tissues. This symptom, as a rule, is detected with a simple clinical examination by an experienced doctor and does not require additional instrumental diagnostic methods.
The third prerequisite for a verified diagnosis of "gout" is the presence of at least half of the following symptoms:
more than 1 case of an exacerbation of gout in anamnesis;
- the most pronounced inflammation of the joint in the first day of the disease;
- defeat only one joint, without involvement in the process of neighboring;
- redness of the skin above the affected joint;
- swelling or acute pain most often localized in the I metatarsal joint on the foot;
- increase in the concentration of urate in the urine;
- one-sided lesion of the joints of the foot;
- unilateral lesion of the first metatarsophalangeal joint;
- asymmetric swelling above the affected joint;
- revealing subcortical cysts on radiographs;
- does not reveal flora in the joint fluid.
Despite a large number of the above symptoms, the greatest diagnostic value is still available: the detection of urates in the synovial fluid, gouty attacks in the history and the detection of tofusov. As a rule, these three manifestations are sufficient for the conclusion that this patient is ill with gout.
As can be seen from the above clinical picture, the most characteristic for gout is the damage to the joints on the legs, namely the I-flat-phalanx joint.
Treatment of gout
Given the poly-physiology and variety of gout manifestations, the approach to its treatment should also be comprehensive, taking into account all the pathological processes that develop with this disease.
In this regard, the following mandatory directions are singled out in the treatment of gout:
Treatment of gout
Coping with a pain attack( with exacerbation of gout, or, so-called "gouty attack");
- Achieving a stable remission and preventing new exacerbations of the disease;
- Recurrence of complications of the disease associated with the deposition of urate in various organs and tissues;
- Treatment of comorbidities aggravating the course of gout( treatment of obesity, hypertriglyceridemia, arterial hypertension)
- Prevention of development of nephrolithiasis due to impaired urate metabolism.
Treatment of acute gout attack with lesions of the Iplusne-phalangeal foot of the foot
Treatment of acute gouty attack, or "gouty attack" has a number of features and it is aimed mainly at arresting the pain syndrome, lifting the inflammatory process in the joint( most often Iom metatarsus phalanxon the foot) and improvement of the general condition of the patient.
For gouty arthritis, colchicine is usually used as an anti-inflammatory drug. This is a proven tool for years that has proven effective in stopping a gout attack.
Colchicine is prescribed at a dose of 0.5 mg every hour or 1 mg every 2 hours until the symptoms of gout exacerbation subsided. The maximum daily dose of the drug is 6 mg.
In the absence of the effect of administering an hourly total dose of 6 mg, colchicine is canceled and the patient begins to administer more potent drugs. However, most often this scheme of treatment is effective and brings relief, according to different data, from 75 to 80% of patients.
An unpleasant side effect from the use of this drug are unpleasant manifestations of the gastrointestinal tract( nausea, vomiting, diarrhea).Often the severity of these adverse reactions reaches such a strength that it goes one level with the actual manifestations of gout itself and require separate treatment.
Colchicine can be administered intravenously and orally. With intravenous administration of colchicine, nurses should be extremely cautious, because of non-compliance with the technique of performing colchicine injection, it can enter neighboring vessels and cause severe pain at the site of injection, and subsequently - necrosis. Another unpleasant side effect of colchicine is the development of allopecia, in other words, hair loss, baldness. In high doses colchicine can cause depression of the respiratory center and even death, so doctors should be extremely cautious in prescribing this drug.
Other anti-inflammatory drugs that have shown a good result in stopping gouty attacks are: phenoprofen, indomethacin.
Indomethacin is prescribed at the starting dose of 75 mg, after which the patient is administered an additional 50 mg of the drug every 6 hours until the symptoms subsided. After the attack managed to stop, the intervals in the administration of the drug are increased to 8 hours. Thus, the patient is administered indomethacin in a maintenance dose of 50 mg every 8 hours. Indomethacin can also quite often, as an adverse event, cause disturbances in the work of the gastrointestinal tract to reduce mood( up to the development of depression).
However, the toxicity of this drug is still significantly lower than colchicine, thereforeindomethacin is the drug of choice for arresting an attack of gouty arthritis.
When colchicine and NSAID are ineffective, patients are shown intra-articular injections of glucocorticoids. In this case, drugs containing cranocorticosteroids may be prescribed for oral administration. In this case, you should also be extremely careful with dosages and do not overdo it.
How to treat gout at home
Many patients are supporters of having to treat manifestations of gout on the legs at home. There are a number of folk methods of treating gout. To one of the most effective ways to combat the manifestations of gout at home, one can attribute adherence to diet and the fight against obesity.
Diet for gout
Diet in case of illness
The principle of nutrition for gout is that you should sharply limit the intake of foods that increase the formation of urate in the body during their metabolism. These are products containing purines.
For the most part it is meat and fish. For this reason, a vegetarian diet is recommended for gout. With a sharp restriction of the amount of proteins consumed.
In addition, patients suffering from gout should severely limit the amount of alcohol consumed, as this dramatically increases the likelihood of exacerbation of the disease.
In addition, it should be noted that in recent years, a number of clinical studies have shown that weight loss has a beneficial effect on the development of remission and contributes to reducing episodes of exacerbations in gout.
Based on all of the above, it can be concluded that it is extremely important for patients with gout to reconsider their lifestyle. It is not for nothing that gout has long been considered a disease of people prone to lush festivities, overeating and consuming a large amount of alcohol. And despite the fact that at the moment the role of hereditary factors in the formation of this pathology is proved, the values and such factors as healthy nutrition, moderate consumption of alcoholic beverages and spices, physical activity and a mobile way of life should not be diminished.
Folk remedies for the treatment of gout
Widely used to treat gout is also traditional medicine. This is a different kind of ointments, tinctures, decoctions, etc.
Ointments and their use
A. Ointment for the treatment of gout according to the old prescription
This ointment has long been widely used by the Slavs in order to treat gout at home. To prepare the ointment, take the butter and alcohol. Mix the ingredients in a 1: 1 ratio. Then evaporate the alcohol from the mixture - and the ointment is ready!
B. Treatment of gout with iodine
Another well-known folk method that allows treating gout at home is iodine-based compresses. In order to prepare a composition for compresses, mix 10 ml of iodine and 5 tablets of aspirin.
Remember! Before you start to treat gout at home, be sure to consult a doctor! Otherwise, such treatment is not only inefficient, but also dangerous! At the first manifestations of gout symptoms - go for treatment to an experienced doctor.
What is gout?
Gout is a disease associated with impaired metabolism of purine bases( adenine, guanine, xanthine and hypoxanthin), which leads to the accumulation of uric acid in the body. Urates( salts of uric acid), deposited in tissues, cause inflammation and destructive changes.
Symptoms of gout.
Many believe that gout is arthritis. Indeed, an acute attack of gout is described in a lot and colorfully in the literature, and not only medical. Often it starts with a prodroma: causeless agitation or, conversely, depression, nausea, stool, palpitation, difficulty breathing - these symptoms can appear in a few hours or even days before the attack. Then, most often at night, severe pain develops, "gnawing", "turning out" the joints."Favorite" localization for gout is a pseudo-phalanx joint of one finger - in 70% of cases. But the ankle, elbow, knee, interphalangeal joints, and in general any, up to the sternal-rib and intervertebral joints, can be affected.
This is what gout can lead if you neglect
treatment. The affected area swells, a purple-cyanotic hue appears, the joint becomes very sensitive, any movement is unbearable. There may be chills, fever to subfebrile. In a few days, less often - after a couple of weeks, the attack is over, and the next attack can happen again in three to four months, and maybe in 10-20 years.
The second point of application of gout is the kidneys, which suffer in 50-70% of cases, because they bear the main burden in the matter of releasing the body from uric acid. In the first place - urolithiasis, 30% of patients with gout are familiar with renal colic, not by hearsay. But urates also damage the glomerulus and tubules of the kidneys, which often provokes the development of tubulointerstitial nephritis and glomerulonephritis, which proceed without pain, but rather quickly lead to kidney failure.
Tofusi - the deposition of uric acid crystals in tissues - is another symptom typical of gout. Dense painless nodules are found most often on the auricles, hands, feet and elbows, but the case is described when the tofus, located on the valve flaps, caused heart disease. They can, although rarely, be amazed by sclera, tongue, scrotum, Achilles tendon, and so on. The size can vary from microscopic to several centimeters in diameter, which does not have the best effect on the work of the organ containing tofus.
Gouty tofus( gouty node) on the elbow fold
There is a hereditary predisposition to the development of the disease. However, in order for the predisposition to turn into a disease, additional factors are needed.
- diet with a high content of purines;
- alcohol abuse.
Therefore, the first thing that is recommended for a patient who has a gout revealed is a diet( see details in the article: What You Can Eat for a Gout).
You can not : there are a lot of meat, offal, fish, mushrooms, beans. Brewed broths, caviar, smoked meat and canned food, chill are forbidden. It is not recommended coffee, tea, cocoa, chocolate. Alcohol is excluded, especially beer.
Can : milk and dairy products, eggs, chicken, vegetables, cereals, pasta, nuts.
It is necessary to drink as much liquid as possible, preferably 2.5-3 liters per day. It can be just water, mineral water, better alkaline, such as Slavyanovskaya and Smirnovskaya, berry and citrus juices,
Sometimes these recommendations are enough to get rid of the symptoms of gout. In practice, supportive drug treatment is often prescribed. It will be anthuran, which promotes the excretion of uric acid, allopurinol, which bolts its synthesis or azathiaprine, is decided by the doctor, having evaluated, first of all, the state of the kidneys. To do this, he will need a series of urine tests, a biochemical blood test, a test of Reberg.
What should I do if I have an acute gout attack?
Speaking about the treatment of gout at home, we have in mind primarily the behavior of an acute attack of gout.
- Bed rest, absolute rest, elevated limb position.
- The patient's joint - applications with dimexid or ointment Vishnevsky. A half-starved diet - vegetable broth, jelly, liquid porridge.
- Abundant alkaline drink: mineral water, lemon juice, oats decoction - the main thing, as much as possible.
- The doctor probably warned that the funds intended for prevention do not help relieve the aggravation. If you regularly took them, as was prescribed - continue. If not, now is not the time to begin. To reduce pain, find nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in your home medicine cabinet: diclofenac, indomethacin, movalis, nimesulide( the list can be continued), but not aspirin.
- In addition, the doctor could recommend the reception of colchicine during the period of exacerbation. If so, we remind you that it should be drunk on a decreasing schedule: 1 mg( 1 tablet) 3 times - on the first day, in the second and third - 1 mg in the morning and in the evening, and from the fourth day - 1 tablet per night.
Subject to all recommendations, an acute attack will end sooner( within three days) than late( two weeks).
Even if it seems that you know everything about gout, visits to the doctor can not be avoided anyway: controlling the level of uric acid, blood waste and urinalysis will not take much time, but it will allow to find the problem in time and fix it.
Gout: how to treat at home
Manifestation of the disease
Establish an accurate diagnosis at home, even in spite of the expressed symptoms it is impossible, at the first signs should consult a specialist. The main manifestations of gout include:
• inflammation of one of the joints, most often it occurs on the big toe, less often manifested in the knee cartilage or wrists;• Painful sensations that intensify at night;• swelling and redness of the aching joint;• often accompanied by an increase in body temperature.
The period of exacerbation of the disease lasts from a few days to two weeks.
If you do not start a timely treatment prescribed by a specialist, and not picked up on your own at home, seizures will occur more often, involving new joints, and discomfort will become stronger from them. In addition, other tissues, organs, joints are involved in the inflammatory process, especially problems with kidney function, stones begin to be deposited, leading to serious pathological changes.to table of contents ↑
How to cure gout correctly and to achieve no relapse is known only by a doctor, and in order to prescribe the right therapy you need to go through a comprehensive examination with the statement of the exact diagnosis. Necessary research:
- general blood test; during the seizure this examination will reveal an increase in ESR and a shift of white blood cells to the left;
- biochemical blood test, it will reveal an elevated urea content;
- excretion of uric acid, this study is conducted after a three-day diet, due to analysis determine the volume of a daily dose of urine and the presence in it of creatinine and all the same urea;
- study of synovial fluid from the affected joint, this method will reveal the increased content of leukocytes in it and the detection of salt crystals;
- histological analysis of tofus in the presence of gout will show the content in their urea tissues;
- X-ray, in the pictures when the process is started, bone changes, formation of growths and cysts, as well as cartilage deformation are observed.
Which doctor treats gout, who should I contact for help? These questions arise in patients with the first manifestations of pathology. The treatment of this disease is engaged in a narrowly specialized specialist - rheumatologist, he is able to adequately assess the clinical picture and make a diagnosis. Initially, you can contact the therapist, and he, in turn, will redirect to the necessary doctor.to the table of contents ↑
General treatment requirements
After the examination is completed, the rheumatologist before the appointment of a comprehensive treatment will acquaint you with the general rules that must be fulfilled at home. Because of how much you adhere to them, the overall outcome of the treatment of will depend, to which are:
- a reduction in the factors that can exacerbate gout is the rejection of bad habits and weight loss, if the latter is above the norm;
- diet, nutrition - this is something that will have to follow the patient on their own, at home. The carbohydrate food should be limited, the amount of fat, and, correspondingly, the calories of meals;
- therapeutic gymnastics, moderate physical exercises are necessary for any disease associated with the musculoskeletal system, only resort to them is needed during the remission period. When there is a gout attack, the physical load should be minimized to the aching joint.
The main goals in the treatment of gout are two, it is the arresting of clinical manifestations of pathology and reducing the risk of repeated exacerbations. In fact, this diagnosis is life-long and requires systematic therapy, such as diabetes mellitus or other chronic diseases.
How to treat gout, and which funds will be most effective in each individual case, the specialists decide on the basis of anamnesis of the disease. In general, preference is given to glucocorticosteroid drugs and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, as well as colchicine, a means of affecting urea metabolism.
Non-steroidal agents are more commonly used:
- diclofenac;- indomethacin;- Nimesulide.
The last drug is considered to be the most effective both in the chronic course of the disease and in the period of exacerbation. The use of drugs is prescribed intramuscularly, orally, and also externally in the form of ointments and gels for relief of local manifestations of the disease.
From glucocorticosteroids during an attack, preference is given to methylprednisolone, it is administered intravenously once or twice, which allows for rapid anti-inflammatory effect.
People suffering from gout are shown lifelong antihyperuricemia therapy. Its essence lies in the constant maintenance of the normal level of urea. To start treatment with this group of medications follows after the end of the attack, during the period of remission. The main drugs of this group are colchicine and allopurinol.
Concerning colchicine, its use is treated with extreme caution and is rarely prescribed. This is due to the large number of side effects and a number of contraindications. This drug is contraindicated in patients with:
- renal failure;
- disrupting the cardiovascular system;
- severe gastrointestinal lesion.
Another well-established drug, aimed at disturbing the synthesis of uric acid, is allopurinol. It has a urostatic effect, inhibiting the activity of enzymes that produce urea, and it also helps dissolve already existing salts. Like colchicine, this medication can cause side effects, so it should be used only at home under the supervision of a specialist.
Warning! All the preparations described above are presented for informational purposes, their use at home without agreement with the attending physician, is strictly prohibited, as it may harm your health.to table of contents ↑
Treat gout at home with alternative medicine is possible, but remember that all your actions should be coordinated with the doctor. Some folk methods for the therapy of a rather serious disease like gout will not be enough. Since most often suffer from lower limbs from this disease, the question arises, how to treat gout on the legs? To help yourself, you can temporarily stop acute pain with the help of the following recipes that can be prepared at home:
- it is necessary to take half a kilogram of iodized or sea salt, add a little water and melt the mixture on a steam bath. Then mix the melted salt with vaseline and make a compress for the night. For this method, it is better to use a woolen or other warm cloth, wrapping around its diseased joint;
- is unusual, but, according to folk healers, an effective remedy for gout is fish. From her scraps make a compress, also at night, for ten days, daily changing its contents to fresh fish;
- fat, will help cope with the defeat of phalanges of fingers. A piece of fat rubs the affected area or is applied, and the bandage is wrapped on top, and both methods are effective;
- is another tool that can be prepared at home, based on activated carbon. It is rubbed into powder, flaxseed seeds and some water are added to it to make a gruel, and applied to the diseased parts of the body before going to bed, fixing with a bandage or gauze bandage;
- if the disease has manifested itself so much that the growths and deformities of the joints have formed, iodine will help in this case. In a bottle of iodine, you should dissolve five aspirin tablets, they will discolor the drug, then apply the liquid daily to the growth until it decreases or comes off completely;
- is another product that will be found in the home of each hostess and will help in the fight against pathology - onions. It is boiled together with the husks, until it is completely boiled, and after decoction, filter and drink three glasses a day.
If the treatment is selected correctly, the prognosis of the disease is positive. It is possible to achieve a long-term remission, without painful exacerbations. In the case where the patient does not adhere to therapy, urolithiasis can develop, along with it, kidney failure occurs. Also, other healthy joints are involved in the process, and the pains are getting stronger. Against the backdrop of poor kidney function, accompanying pathological processes develop, in some cases they can even become a threat to the life of the patient.