Treating the calcaneal spur at homePlantar fasciitis is a disease manifested by pain of varying intensity in the heel area as a result of microtraumas of the connective fascia - the formation of spine-like bone growth in the calcaneus and aseptic inflammation of the soft tissues of the foot. In people, this disease was called a calcaneal spur.
Causes of formation and symptoms of
Heel spur is formed due to:
- age changes;
- flat feet;
- diseases of the spine and joints;
- disorders of mineral metabolism;
- wearing high-heeled shoes in combination with excess weight;
- of increased load and traumatizing of the foot during intensive training or long standing work.
The heel spur appears:
- intense pain when walking in the heel area in the morning and after a long load, over time, the pain can be permanent;
- change in gait - due to weight transfer to a healthy leg appears lameness;
- local inflammation in the heel area - redness, skin hardening, pain with pressure.
Treating the calcaneal spur
To eliminate the calcaneal spur, traditional and non-traditional medicine methods are used. With traditional medical treatment, it is recommended:
- use insoles and foot supports to unload the foot;
- to limit heavy physical activity, it is allowed to perform therapeutic gymnastics;
- use temporary immobilization by tapping, night orthosis;
- topically apply anti-inflammatory ointments;
- topical application of anti-inflammatory drugs;
- physiotherapeutic procedures - electrophoresis, phonophoresis with anti-inflammatory drugs, UHF;
- surgical treatment with ineffective drug and physiotherapy treatment.
Treating the calcaneal spur at home
In addition to the conventional treatment of the heel spurs, it is often resorted to affordable and effective recipes for traditional medicine, which include various applications( compresses) and warming up, with courses ranging from 2 to 30 procedures.
Methods of treatment with applications( compresses):
- with a grater to make onion gruel. Kashitsu put on the heel, wrap the package and fix it with a warm cloth. Keep the compress all night. Instead of onions, you can use garlic, but carefully - it acts more aggressively and often causes burns. When applying garlic gruel, the exposure time should be reduced and if the burning is severe, stop the procedure. To reduce the aggressiveness of garlic apples, garlic mass can be mixed with vegetable oil or chalk;
- cut the head of the bulb in half and apply a few drops of tar on the cut surface, then fix the half of the onion head in a sore spot, warm it and leave it for 5-8 hours. Bulb can be replaced with a crust of black bread;
- to prepare a mixture of 45 g of bile, 20 ml of vodka and a teaspoon of shampoo or shavings of laundry soap. To steal legs and with the help of the received structure to make a compress for 8 -10 hours;
- to prepare an ointment from 100 ml of vinegar, one egg and 100 g of melted lard. The mixture must be insisted for 21 days, stirring every day. The ointment is applied to the steamed skin on a bandage basis and sealed with adhesive plaster. In case of severe burning, the bandage should be removed;
- mix the mashed potatoes with 5 ml kerosene, compress with the mixture;
- one cabbage leaf to cover with honey and attach to the heel, fix with a bandage and leave for 12 hours. For applications with honey, you can also use salt in a ratio of 1: 1, honey cakes, a mixture of honey and mummies in equal proportions;
- for local applications you can use sheets of plantain, cabbage, burdock, mother-and-stepmother. The selected leaf of any of the plants is applied to the steamed heel for 6 hours;
- prepare a gruel from fresh nettle leaves or black radish, and apply to the ankle as a normal compress;
- mix 15 ml of purified vegetable oil and 40 ml of ammonia, the resulting composition used for night compresses;
- for acute pain in the heel as a distracting and warming agent can use a mustard, which is established by the traditional method to the painful point for 10-15 minutes. In the absence of mustard plasters, you can make warming socks. In a woolen toe, dry mustard, black or red pepper must be covered, put on the sock for 20-30 minutes, with severe burning, the procedure should be interrupted;
- for the removal of pain and inflammation, you can prepare a mixture of iodine and 2 tablets of an anti-inflammatory drug( analgin, indomethacin).Tablets must be pre-crushed and placed in a solution of iodine, use after completely dissolving the tablets. The resulting composition is smeared with a painful patch or a traditional iodine mesh.
Methods of treatment by heating the feet:
- heat alcohol in the tank, avoiding ignition. If there is a lot of alcohol, you can make a foot bath until the fluid cools completely, if the amount is limited, do rubbing the affected area;
- Salt bath is prepared for steaming the feet at the rate of 1 kg of salt per bucket of water, before use, the solution is brought to a boil. Then they soar their feet until the water cools. Instead of salt water, you can use milk whey. The procedure must be repeated for 10-12 days, daily.
To prevent re-inflammation it is necessary:
- to limit the wearing of shoes on a high platform and heels, it is advisable to choose models of shoes with a wide heel 3-4 cm high;
- to reduce body weight in the presence of excess weight;
- avoid prolonged standing, traumatism of the calcaneus, weight lifting;
- use orthopedic insoles and heel pads in shoes to unload the foot.
Treatment of calcaneal spur
Recently, hepatic spurs( plantar fasciitis) are considered a very common disease. It is an inflammation of the aponeurosis, which supports the arch of the foot and connects the calcaneus to the anterior part of the foot. Fascite is a small growth on the foot, which looks like a spike. When pressing, soft tissues are compressed, which leads to excruciating pain. To eliminate discomfort and acute pain, correct and timely treatment of the heel spur is necessary.
Treatment of calcaneal spurs at home
To determine the cause and complete removal of the heel spur, you need to see a doctor, undergo procedures to identify the disease and pass the appropriate tests( for example, in chlamydia, rheumatoid arthritis or gout).But you can not endure the pain until you find out the causes of the calcaneal spur and you do not need to get the appropriate doctor's prescriptions, you can yourself anesthetize the spur and at home.
- First of all, it is worth to reduce the load( or remove it at all) from the sole where there is a spur. To do this simply, it will require a rubber roller or "horseshoe", cut out of rubber. Such accessories are stacked or glued to the shoes so that there is space between the heel and the shoes. This will significantly reduce the load and ease the pain.
- At home, you can use a variety of anti-inflammatory drugs. Often, for these purposes, doctors prescribe gel Doloben or indomethacin ointment.
- The treatment of medical bile is used. You can buy such bile in almost every pharmacy. From this drug should do lotions for the whole night. After waking, the compress is removed, and the heel should be rubbed with lotion or boric alcohol. After a few procedures, you will be able to observe changes for the better and relief.
- At home, traditional medicine, iodine treatment( drawing of a reticulum) or baths( which are very undesirable to use in the first stages of the disease, so as not to aggravate the situation) are also used.
Treatment with folk remedies
Medical technologies are actively developing, but some people use at home folk remedies for treating calcaneal spurs. The following methods and recipes are considered the most common:
- Steam your feet in warm water for 15 minutes, and then apply a mixture of chicken bile, shampoo and alcohol( in a ratio of 40: 5: 20 g).Put on the cellophane and sock. It is advisable to leave such a compress for the night or at least 6 hours.
- Make a tincture from the root of the iris, ground on a blender or meat grinder( 300 g), and alcohol 30 ml. Pour the mixture into a glass container, cover it tightly and leave to stand for 2 weeks. After it is worth doing with this tincture compresses, alternating every other day with vaseline applications. The course of treatment is 20 days( 10 sessions).
- Pour onion husks vinegar in a 1: 1 ratio and let it brew for two weeks. Apply the mixture on the foot( about 1 cm), wrap it with cellophane and put on a warm sock. It is not recommended to conduct more than 6 sessions in a row. In between, it would be nice to lubricate the heel with a special cream or butter.
- The mush of ripe walnuts should be applied daily to the foot with the heel spur, leaving a compress for the night.
When intending to heal the heel spur at home, remember: not always such self-activity leads to positive results. If after the procedures you do not notice improvement, you did not manage to stop the pain syndrome or becomes worse, we recommend that you consult a doctor. You will be given a course of necessary procedures and recommend medication.
For the treatment of painful heel spurs, the doctor will most likely prescribe pain medication and anti-inflammatory drugs. These include novocaine, dimexide, potassium iodide, hydrocortisone. To improve the perception of the body of these drugs, often use electrophoresis.
Recently, it has become very popular to treat the calcaneal spur using a vitaifon apparatus, which has a vibroacoustic effect directly to the site of inflammation. Due to this influence, lymph circulation in the foot improves and the inflamed cells disintegrate. But it is worth remembering, the effect of this effect is temporary, because the spur does not collapse, but temporary relief comes. Ideally use the device to prevent spurs.
Drug blockade - an injection of painkillers and inflammatory drugs that is taken directly to the site of the lesion. The procedure must be performed by a specialist in order not to damage the ligaments and tendons of the calf muscles.
Ointments from heel spurs
Treating heel spurs is possible using a variety of ointments, which must also be applied correctly to get the maximum effect. Ointment should be applied to the steamed heel and carefully rub it into the skin. Use the cream for at least 2 weeks. Ointments soften the skin, remove inflammation, relieve pain and improve blood circulation in the foot.
To treat heel spurs used as steroid-containing drugs, and non-steroidal( anti-inflammatory), for example, butadione, flexin, voltaren. Hydrocortisone ointment( a hormonal drug) is used to improve the condition of vessels located near the spur. The course of treatment is 14 days, the ointment should be applied several times a day.
A good effect on the spur is provided with ointments containing extracts of vegetable or animal origin. For example, "Tiger eye Orto", "Golden mustache", "Shark fat", etc.
Treatment by shock wave therapy
Shock-and-beam therapy is a modern technique for combating the heel spur. This is a procedure with the use of special technologies aimed at reducing painful sensations. The principle of operation consists in the influence on the bone growth( osteophyte) of ultrasonic waves with a certain frequency.
The benefits of this method include the effectiveness and almost complete absence of side effects. You do not have to go to the hospital to undergo treatment. It eliminates the need for surgical intervention( operation).
It is worth noting - treatment shock wave therapy is not suitable for everyone. Contraindications to the application of the method are as follows:
- acute infectious diseases, intoxication of the body
- nervous system disorders
- blood clotting disorder
- cardiovascular disease, low blood pressure
To exclude all contraindications, it is worth consulting with the doctor. The question of the application of the method is solved individually with each patient.
Often for the struggle with spurs radiation and laser therapy, magnetotherapy is used.
Treatment: calcaneal spur in children
Many believe that heel spurs are the lot of people of advanced age. But, alas. This is not true. Often there are cases of detection of pathology in children. As a rule, these are overweight children or those who are actively involved in sports. The foot in children under the age of 17 years is plastic and easily deformed, which can lead to flat feet.
It is important to buy a child's shoes, taking into account the anatomical features of the foot structure. The heel should be raised by a maximum of 2 cm and should preferably be anatomical. Children should not wear high-heeled shoes.
If you have identified a heel spur in your child, you should immediately go to a medical institution and do not delay treatment. Because of pain during walking, it is possible to hold a stiff gait, which can lead to problems with posture, scoliosis, inflammation of the joints and others. The system of treatment of the disease in children is similar to the treatment of adults, only the doses will be different.
The causes of calcaneal spurs
The main causes of heel spurs are:
- large heel loads( especially with flatfoot)
- age changes
- excessive loads resulting from sports activities
- common diseases and poor body condition
- stretching of the fascia, resulting in inflammation,deposition of calcium salts( calcification) and build-up of build-up
- complications after trauma
Evidence of a heelsecond spur is considered a sharp pain in the heel when walking, pain on palpation of the heel, changing gait.
To find out what a calcaneal spur is from a physician's point of view, see the following video instruction:
The first symptom of the heel spur is an acute burning pain during a support on the heel. Typically, there is such pain in the morning after sleep, after a resting state. It is worth noting, the size of the spur does not affect the strength of pain. The level of painful sensations depends on the location of the spur: the closer it is to the nerve endings, the greater the pain.
For the diagnosis of calcaneal spur, the following complaints are necessary:
- pain in the heel in the mornings and after a long resting state
- pain after walking or running
- pain reduction as the person paces
- pain when you press a finger on the heel
To confirm the diagnosis, an x-ray, and in some cases an ultrasoundstudy. As the spur in the photo looks, you can look at the presented photo.
To prevent the formation of a calcaneal spur, preventive measures should be taken. Here is a list of what needs to be done to prevent this disease.
- Fighting overweight( with diet, gymnastics).
- Daily maintain moderate motor activity.
- Do not overload the foot.
Spur on heel than to heal: at home, reviews
Warmings as a method for treating heel spurs
At home, you can do the following warming up procedures:
- Kilogram of table salt mix with five liters of boiling water. When it boils, cool a little and steam into the resulting foot solution. The course of treatment with such trays is 10 days. Prepared salt solution simply warm up and a pair of legs. The pain will subside already on the fourth procedure, but the treatment course is important to do until the end;
- Similarly, you can soar your feet in warmed milk whey;
- Preheat alcohol over low heat. Put your feet in it, steam them for 15 minutes. After the procedure, do not wipe your feet, but simply put on socks. If after five such procedures there are no improvements, change the method of treatment.
Compresses as a method of treating the calcaneal spur
To treat spurs on the heels can be done with the help of such compresses:
- Grated garlic is applied to the heel. Wrap it with cellophane and fix it with a warm cloth. After three hours, remove the compress. If the heel is very hot during the procedure, remove the garlic and wipe the skin;
- Mix in equal proportions crushed garlic with chopped chalk. Undoing the foot in the foot bath, attach the product to the foot. Top with cellophane and warm cloth. Several sessions of such a compress will help to ease pain in the heels;
- Leaf the cabbage with honey and attach it to the heel. In the morning, rinse the compress with warm water. Duration of treatment - three days;
- In the same proportion, mix sea salt with honey. For the whole night, make a compress, and in the morning, wash it off with water;
- Make a cake of flour and honey. Undo the heel and attach the product to it. Over wrap the bag and put on a warm sock. The compress is done all night. For complete recovery, you need to do ten such procedures;
- Mix 100 grams of lard or lard with acetic essence( 100 milliliters), a chicken egg with a shell. Insist you need three weeks in a dark place. From time to time, the agent must be mixed. Add the finished medicine to the steamed patient foot with a cotton swab. The course of treatment is one month. When carrying out such a compress on top you need to wear warm socks;
- Mix hot boiled potatoes in a uniform with kerosene( 5 grams).Lay out the product on the bag, pribintuyte it to the heel with a spur. Top your socks. Duration of treatment - no more than 12 procedures. After three sessions the pain will begin to subside;
- Mix bile( 40 grams) with vodka( 20 grams) and shredded laundry soap( 5 grams).Before going to bed, steaming your feet, attach the resulting product to the heel with a spur and fix it with a bandage. Thanks to such a compressor, after the first session, the first results will be visible. A couple of procedures will be followed by painful sensations;
- Put the raw grated potatoes together with the skin on the bandage, and reattach it to the diseased heel. Secure the compress with polyethylene. After 24 hours, remove it. To make such a tool work, you need to do about eight such procedures;
- Pour a couple of crushed aspirin tablets with an iodine ampoule. With the resulting mixture, treat the heels, put on warm socks and go to bed. Such a compress should be done two times with breaks in one week;
- Black radish together with peel grate. Apply the resulting mass to the heel and fix with a bandage. This compress is done at night. In the morning, you need to take off and do your own business.
Massage as a method of treating the calcaneal spur
Treatment of spurs at home can be done with the help of a massage effect on the feet. There are such types of home massage:
- Heat a kilogram of large salt and pour it on a flat floor. Stand with your bare feet on hot salt and walk along it for 15 minutes. Such a folk remedy will help to cope with the spur in just a couple of such procedures;
- Sitting in a chair, and placing on the floor an old washing board, follow it with stops. It is necessary to rub the feet intensely on the board, focusing on the heels. The duration of one procedure is 10 minutes. Massage the feet should be done twice a day until the spurs completely disappear in the heels;
- Boil until cooked a three-liter pot of small potatoes along with the peel. After pouring it into the basin, start kicking with your feet until it cools down. Wipe the heels, draw on them an iodine grid and put on socks. Duration of treatment is 1 week. That this method of treatment was more effective, during the cooking of potatoes it should be strongly salted.
Recipes of remedies that will also help cure the heel spike :
- Fresh sheets of plantain tape with a bandage to the injured heel. Remove the leaves when they dry. Duration of treatment is 14 days. The plant excellently pulls salt, so that painful sensations in the heels are removed;
- Undress your legs, drown on the freshly picked nettle for half an hour. After five such procedures, do not even remember the spur;
- Such a medicine will help to cope with spurs in the heels instantly. Mix six bags of magnesia with a liter of water and heat it to 60 degrees. Steam the legs in the bath 10 minutes. Then to the heels attach a compress of liquid valerian and put on terry socks. Duration of treatment - 10 procedures;
- After pouring a little ground red pepper into your toes, you have to walk this way throughout the day. Daily wearing of socks with pepper for two weeks will save spurs on the heels;
- Pour vodka( 200 grams) pounded pine nuts( 20 grams).Let it infuse for at least ten days in a dark place. Drink tincture of 10 grams before eating three times a day. A couple of days from the spurs there will be no trace.
Heel spur( plantar fasciitis, plantar fasciitis) is a foot disease that manifests itself by inflammation of the aponeurosis supporting the longitudinal arch of the foot and the formation of a bone protrusion on the heel. Inflammation often affects surrounding soft tissues, periostitis and mucous bags.
The pain experienced by the person who developed plantar fasciitis often becomes the reason for going to the doctor. Treatment is aimed at suppressing inflammation, and can be carried out in many ways. To determine how to treat a heel spur in each individual patient, the doctor takes into account his age and general health, as well as individual needs.
The causes of calcaneal spurs
The immediate cause of the calcaneal spur is excessive stretching of the plantar fascia and its micro-snaps at the attachment point to the heel. As a consequence, aseptic inflammation, deposition of calcium salts, and build-up of growth are developed here. To this position lead to excess weight, relaxation of the ligamentous apparatus of the foot, an increase in the calf muscle tone, leg joint disease, long walking, running on an even plane, uncomfortable( not anatomical) shoes, etc. As a rule, a patient with a spur has symptoms of longitudinal flatfoot.
Symptoms of the calcaneal spur
The leading symptom of the heel spur is the pain in the heel, which manifests itself in the morning with the first support on the foot, after a long walk, jumping, standing, or after wearing larger shoes.
These symptoms are the result of inflammation of the fascia and mucous bags of the foot.
When palpation occurs, pain occurs when pressing on the side of the heel, on the arch of the foot, less often on the ankle.
Radiological symptom: a bone growth on the heel in the form of a spur.
Treatment of calcaneal spur
Treatment is conservative, prolonged. For pain in the heel, consult a surgeon. To date, there are the following treatment methods:
- Shockwave therapy is a modern and effective method of treating heel spurs. The principle of action consists in the impact on the spur of ultrasonic waves, which are pulsed. The method has contraindications: pregnancy, blood clotting disorders, oncological diseases.
- X-ray therapy: exposure to the focus of inflammation with X-rays. For the same purpose, use high-frequency currents( UHF), laser therapy, magnetotherapy.
- Use of anti-inflammatory and anesthetic drugs: hydrocortisone, novocaine, potassium iodide. To facilitate the delivery of the drug to the site of inflammation, use electrophoresis.
- Drug blockades, by injecting anti-inflammatory and analgesic drugs directly into the site of inflammation. The procedure should be performed by a surgeon, since there is a high risk of injury to the needle of the ligament of the foot or the tendon of the gastrocnemius muscle, or infection. The method allows to achieve a stable remission for several years.
- Use of anti-inflammatory ointments, compresses, trays, etc.
- Change in the load on the foot, regular massages, exercise therapy, wearing orthopedic insoles, soft heels.
Heel spur during pregnancy
Due to physiological softening of the ligaments during pregnancy, a significant increase in body weight, pregnant women become prone to the development of a calcaneal spur. Therefore, during this period, special attention should be given to prevention: to do daily foot massage, to stand less in one place( especially in the third trimester), to eat fully. It is important that during pregnancy the woman has comfortable shoes with a heel lift of 2-4cm. It is advisable to use a preventive insoles-arch supports. Treating the calcaneal spur during pregnancy is not desirable, as this may affect the course of pregnancy. It should be limited to pain medication, foot massage, changes in the motor regime, the use of individually manufactured orthopedic insoles with a soft cushion under the heel.
Appearance of calcaneal spur in child
Children who are overweight, grow rapidly, exercise, have a high risk of calcaneal spur formation. The ligaments of the foot are not strong enough to resist the increased loads for a long time. In addition, until the age of 16-18, the foot is very plastic, and easily deformable, so flatfoot arises easier. With increased need for nutrients( with intensive growth of a child), bones and joint-ligaments can suffer, which leads to the development of foot and spine diseases.
It is important that children's shoes be matched to the anatomical features of each age. So, for the first steps, when the child still has a fat pad in the arch of the foot, you should buy shoes with a regular even footbed, and a raised heel level of 2 cm. Provided that the child was born with a healthy foot. In the future, depending on the individual needs and condition of the foot of the child, you can choose shoes that will have a preventive function, or choose orthopedic insoles.
All these decisions must be taken in conjunction with an orthopedic physician. The sole of any footwear should not be flat, as, for example, in sneakers or ballet shoes, the heel is not more than 3cm. Accustom the child's foot to quality footwear from early childhood. Do not take worn shoes and sandals: each child's foot tramples the insole individually. In extreme cases, you should replace the insole.
If a child has a heel spur, it should be started as soon as possible. Due to the constrained gait that arises from the painful sensations in the foot, the child may develop impaired posture, scoliosis, and inflammation of the joints of the legs. The program for treating the heel spur in children is the same as for adults.
Treating the calcaneal spur with home remedies
Recipe 1. Treating the calcaneal spur with chicken bile.
Mix 40g of chicken bile with 20g of vodka, add 5g of any shampoo. Steam your feet in the basin with hot water for 15 minutes, then attach to the sole of your foot a linen napkin soaked in the healing mixture, cover it with cellophane, and put on socks. Leave the compress for eight hours( preferably overnight).
Recipe 2. Treatment of fasciitis with onion infusion.
Onion husks fill with vinegar( ratio 1: 1), and insist under a tight lid for two weeks. Use the obtained medicinal mass for compresses: apply a layer of 1 cm thick on the diseased foot, cover with oilcloth and put on warm socks. Hold the compress for eight hours. Carry out procedures daily, until recovery( but no more than six times in a row).In the interval between the procedures, lubricate the feet with a foot cream or special oil.
Recipe 3. Remedy for calcaneal spur from garden iris.
300g of garden iris root, grind in a blender( or meat grinder), pour 300ml of medical alcohol, close the lid in a glass container and insist 15 days in a dark place.
Use the tincture for compresses: moisten the gauze napkin in the tincture and attach to the foot, protecting the compress with cellophane and warming with a warm toe. Do this procedure every other day, in breaks applying to this stop applications of Vaseline. The course of treatment - 10 compresses( 20 days).
Recipe 4. Treatment of fasciitis with nuts.
Prepare the gruel from the ripe walnuts daily and apply it to the diseased heel and foot in the form of an application, protecting from above with parchment paper and fixing with plaster. Leave the medicine overnight.
Continue treatment until recovery. At home, treatment of the heel spur nuts can be combined with the recipe number 3, in each following day after the application of the iris tincture.
Prevention of calcaneal spur
Take care of your feet before you have problems with their health. Once a week, spend relaxing baths, baths with sea salt and essential oils. Do a foot massage at least twice a week, using any massage oil or cream. Wear comfortable shoes. Do not wear shoes with high heels for too long: this helps to increase the tone of the calf muscles, deformation of the foot. Make sure that the load on your feet is uniform and dosed.
If you have flat feet, periodically put orthopedic insoles into your shoes, do not walk or stand for long periods;Do not wear weights. Massage your feet daily. Regularly visit the orthopedist for preventive examinations.
Heel spur: treatment with folk remedies at home
In case of a problem on the heel, treatment with folk remedies is usually quite innocuous: it uses herbs and natural products that eliminate pain and inflammation. But there are supporters of extreme treatment. However, it is dangerous to break the bone growths roughly!
Treatment with herbs
With such a problem as a spur in the heel treatment of folk remedies, primarily due to what nature gives to a person - medicinal herbs. Useful plants can be used either inward in the form of tinctures or decoctions, and locally as compresses and grindings. The main condition of phytotherapy is to take the funds indicated by the courses of , in most cases, long.
For the treatment of such trouble as a spiral, the folk remedies are quite diverse. But the favorite plant of herbalists is still lilac. The medicine is prepared by own hand: the dried flowers are poured with vodka 1:10, insist tightly closed in a dark place for 10 days. Take 3 drops a day for 30 drops until the symptoms disappear.
When the disease is a spur of the spiral folk recipes are adopted by the pharmaceutical industry. For example, for the treatment of this disease for a long time well known sabelnik marsh. It has a strong analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect, and also promotes the removal of salts that are deposited on damaged fascia.
Pharmacy with tincture of sapelnik apply as follows: 1 tbsp. Spoon diluted in a third of a glass of water, take 3 times a day for half an hour before meals. The course of treatment is from 20 to 30 days. The aggravation of symptoms in the first days of treatment is considered the norm.
Compresses and rubbers
With the disease of the spine on the heel, folk treatment gives a great deal of attention to the means of topical application.
All compresses have a complex action and pursue several goals - getting rid of pain and resorption build-up. Variants of treatment of fasciitis with lotions and rubbing:
- mix 1 teaspoon of salt extra, iodine and honey. Rub into the heel for a month;
- put a thin layer of honey on the heel, attach two tobacco leaves smeared with honey on top, tightly bandaged overnight. Apply until the problem disappears( about 5 sessions);
- rub the unpurified black radish on a fine grater. Apply to the spur at night, in the morning, it is necessary to wash off. Course - 3-5 compresses;
- scalded crushed 2 sheets of cabbage or burdock mixed with 2 tbsp.spoons of honey and 1 tbsp.spoonful of vinegar. Apply the mixture to the diseased heel.
Treatment with improvised means
For those people who do not have the opportunity to purchase industrial orthopedic products or attend physiotherapy sessions, with such a disease as a spur on the heel, treatment at home can solve many problems of . The main thing is to understand what these methods are for, and not to allow the thoughtless application of questionable advice.
Insoles at home
Unloading a sick joint is a priority for hepatic spurs disease: treatment at home can be quite successful if you make special insoles with your own hands or use improvised means:
- can be cut out of dense porous rubber in the form of a horseshoe - with a hole in place of the spur;
- under the heel is also a rubber band wrapped with a bandage, and a rolled flagellum made of birch bark, or, in extreme cases, cotton wool;
- insoles from young horseradish leaves or burdock will also help improve blood circulation.
Soft crushing and resorption of the spur
To get rid of the bony growth with a disease, the spinal spur folk medicine recommends the use of both soft mechanical methods of its crushing and biochemical methods. Methods to reduce osteophyte:
- round peas are poured into a sock in one layer. You need to wear it until the build-up disappears;
- pour vinegar raw egg whole, after softening the shell clean, and the inside of the egg pour and mix thoroughly with this vinegar and 1 tbsp.spoon of vegetable oil. Impregnate the fabric and apply to the spur, wrap with cellophane and heat. Promise resorption spurs for several sessions.
Treatment with warmth and baths
If you have fasciitis and heel spur: how to treat folk remedies with the help of heat? The issue is extremely important, because the heating of the affected area has long been considered a very useful method. Under the influence of high temperature, vessels expand and blood circulation increases. This removes muscle spasms causing pain. But the most amazing effect is lengthening of ligaments and tendons.
Variants of hot baths:
- paraffin: paraffin is melted on a water bath. The fabric is laid in the pelvis, paraffin is poured onto it. When it cools down to the state of plasticine, cover it with a cloth and put the foot on top. Session time - 20 minutes;
- with salt + "Pomorin": soar a foot in hot water with 5 tbsp.spoons of salt for 15 minutes. After wipe dry and spread his heels with Pomorin toothpaste. Treat for 10 days;
- bath + bile: soar the feet in ordinary hot water, then apply a cloth soaked in medical bile for 10 days.
Physical training and massage
Proper loading of the affected joint is a very important method of controlling plantar fasciitis. Exercises and massage improve blood circulation, salt metabolism, eliminate muscle spasm, stretch the damaged ligaments.
Actual use of loads and for heel pain: how to treat this disease at home with the help of physical therapy and massage? Quite simply.
These exercises are used directly for the treatment of the heel spur, as well as to eliminate the causes that caused it, and associated diseases, complications:
- Get on your knees, buttocks sit on your heels, socks should rest on the floor. To perform swaying movements, after resting on their knees continue;
- From the previous position, dilute the knees in different directions, continue similar movements;
- Stand near the wall and press down on his heels. Perform the torso of the trunk. When tilting, you need to exhale, opening your mouth.
With this simple method, you can not only relieve muscle tension and spasm, but also significantly reduce pain. In addition, correctly and regularly performed massage can save the main cause of calcaneal spurs - flat feet. These recommendations are good because you can perform them yourself:
- daily rub the aching heel against the felt for a long time;
- boil pot of "potatoes in uniforms", put in the pelvis, actively knead the legs before cooling down. Wipe your feet, not flushing, draw an iodine net on the sole, put on dry socks. Do it every evening for 7-10 days;
- with flat feet, massage from the fingers to the heel, massage techniques: kneading, squeezing, pressing, stroking, and the use of special rugs and rollers.
With such an unpleasant disease as a spinal spur, folk treatment assumes a rather mild approach to . However, one should not place high hopes on simple therapy and wait for immediate results, especially if the problem is chronic. Here, as elsewhere, we need an individual selection of methods and their regular execution. And do not forget that needs a preliminary statement of the correct diagnosis of .