Exercises for the treatment of arthrosis of the hip joint
In the diseased joint, the cartilaginous tissue is worn and the spines
appear on the bone. Every tenth person on the planet has arthrosis of the hip joint, as evidenced by the statistics of the World Health Organization. For a number of reasons, the locomotor apparatus begins to suffer from a degenerative-dystrophic pathology in severe form. The disease is characterized by the fact that it is constantly progressing. Therefore, patients are strongly encouraged to perform regular exercises for arthrosis of the hip joint, along with medication.
It is necessary to choose the whole complex of exercises. Such therapeutic gymnastics is the simplest way to get rid of joint disease. But despite the simplicity of these exercises, it is necessary to understand that this is a method of treatment. Therapeutic exercises should be recommended and selected by a doctor and carried out under his supervision. Self-medication will cause the exercises to be chosen incorrectly or to be performed incorrectly, as a result, the disease will only worsen.
Tasks of exercise therapy and its features
What are the tasks of exercise therapy? Doctors, choosing methods of treatment for patients suffering from coxarthrosis, tend to reduce pain, strengthen muscles and ligaments, and suspend the destructive process in the articular cartilage. It is important to exercise regularly exercise therapy. If the exercises are performed correctly, it helps to improve the stability of the joint. In addition, they help stretch and relax the muscles, which are responsible for flexion and extension of the thighs.Physiotherapy exercises for arthrosis include both dynamic dynamic and static exercises aimed at isometric muscle tension without exercising body movements. However, the amplitude of the movements performed by the hip joint should be limited.
As soon as pain occurs, you need to stop exercising. Studies have shown that even in the presence of serious pathological changes in the hip joint compensatory mechanisms begin to function if the patient has well developed musculature. But in order to develop such mechanisms, regular trainings are required, each of which must last for the required time.
Requirements for performing gymnastics for arthrosis
When performing exercise therapy for a patient who has arthrosis of the hip joint, it should not adversely affect articular cartilage. Exercises need to be done every day. It is recommended from the very beginning to build classes in the daily routine and treat gymnastics as to brushing your teeth and eating food. Thus, a good habit is developed, the process of treatment and prevention passes unobtrusively, which allows increasing the flow of blood to the affected joint and increasing its mobility.The starting position, which the patient takes before performing the exercises, should not increase the load on the hip joint. During exercises, the load rises only if you perform more exercises and the repetitions of each of them. If the weight of the patient is insufficient to achieve the desired effect in the performance of exercise therapy, doctors can recommend using additional weighting agents within reasonable limits. These can be rubber bands or cuffs. When doing gymnastics with such weighting it is necessary to monitor the amplitude of each movement, in no case do not increase it and do everything slowly.
During exercise for the treatment of arthrosis of the hip joint, as with other physical exertion, you need to monitor your breathing. Restore breathing at the end of each exercise. When lifting your hands up, inhale, slowly lowering them, exhale.
Exercises will help fight the disease
Therapeutic gymnastics for arthrosis of the hip joint due to the degree of impact on the pathological area requires participation in the process of qualified specialists. There are physical exercises designed to perform at the initial stage of the disease, and those that are shown in the severe form of the disease. If the disease was diagnosed at an early stage, you can use the following complex of 7 exercises, which will take 15-20 minutes.
The starting position for the first exercise is lying on the back. Then one foot should be bent as much as possible in the knee, and then fully extended. The action is carried out 8-12 times with each leg. You can alternately bend your knees.
After completing the first exercise, proceed to the next. The starting position remains the same. With both hands, grab the right or left leg under the knee, then pull it to the stomach and fix this position for 5-20 seconds. Then the leg returns to its original position and the same is done by the other leg. You need to make 7-10 movements with each foot.
Staying in the same initial position, you need to bend your legs, putting your feet on the floor. Stringing the gluteal muscles, it is necessary to tear off the pelvis from the floor and raise it as high as possible. At the highest point, it takes 3-5 seconds to return to the starting position. Pelvic lifts should be repeated 10-12 times.
Basic complex of exercises for patients with coxarthrosis
Now turn over on the stomach, bend one leg in the knee at a right angle and raise. Returning the leg to its starting position, we repeat the motion with the second leg. We do 12-15 repetitions with each foot.
The starting position - lying on its side, with the emphasis on the elbow, the other hand rests against the floor. From this position, raise the leg 10-12 times, without bending it in the knee. Having finished the ascents, turn over to the other side and repeat the same actions.
We rise from the floor and sit on a chair, pressing our knees to each other and resting our feet on the floor. Put the stops together, after which, without tearing off socks, begin to spread the heels outward, maximally removing them from each other. Hold in this position for a few seconds, and then reconnect your feet. Do 7-8 reps. Complete the set of exercises by simply laying down for a few minutes on the floor or other hard surface, stretching out your legs.
It is possible to perform this exercise complex at home, for which it is desirable to use a sports mat.
Gymnastics for arthrosis of the hip jointCoxarthrosis( arthrosis of the hip joint) is a disease that develops due to degenerative processes and circulatory disorders in the joint, characterized by a gradual loss of its mobility and pain syndrome. Significantly slow the progression of coxarthrosis with the help of timely treatment, physiotherapy procedures, as well as medical gymnastics.
The tasks solved by therapeutic gymnastics in coxarthrosis
Gymnastics for arthrosis of the hip is designed to solve the following problems:
- To reduce pain syndrome.
- Strengthen the muscles and ligaments of the joint.
- Slow down the destruction of the articular cartilage surface.
What exercises are useful for the hip joint?
The hip joint "loves" those kinds of exercises that not only strengthen the surrounding muscles, but also do not force the thigh to move intensively. For this reason, long walking, running, squats, all sorts of energetic legs with coxarthrosis can only exacerbate the situation. Favorably on the joint are static exercises, when the movements in the joint are performed smoothly, at a slowed pace and with a minimum amplitude( before the onset of pain), but with this there is tension and muscle training.
A typical set of exercises for arthrosis of the hip joint
- Initial position( IP): lie on the floor with your back facing up, put your legs straight, your arms straighten along the trunk. Raise the leg a short distance( the angle of the raised limb in relation to the floor should be about 150) and hold in this position for half a minute, and then quietly lower it. Do the same with the other leg.
- IP is the same. Alternately smoothly raise and lower the straight legs at an angle of 150, holding them at the top of the lift for a few seconds. Make 12-10 rises.
- IP is the same. We bend the right leg in the knee( angle of 900) and lift it a little distance from the floor, also holding it up for half a minute, and then gently lower it to the floor. Repeat with the left foot.
- IP is the same. Now we bend both knees in the knee( angle of 900), then slowly raise them slowly to a small height, hold them for 1-2 seconds and smoothly lower them.
- IP is the same. Slowly raise both legs, without bending at the knee, so that the angle between the floor and them is equal to 150. Then, keeping them in the raised state, smoothly bred and brought together 10-8 times.
- IP: we lay down on the side, bend the lower leg in the knee, the upper leg remains straight. Raise the upper leg at an angle of 450 and hold it for a half of a minute, then gently lower it down. Repeat by turning to the other side.
- IP: sit on the floor, keep your legs straight. Try to clasp your toes or feet with your hands, without bending your legs. We stay in this position for a few minutes.
Rules for exercise of exercise therapy in coxarthrosis
- When performing gymnastics, it is necessary to choose a position of the body that does not increase the load on the joint itself. Training of muscles is carried out by increasing the number of repetitions of movements in each exercise.
- Exercises with dosed weights also strengthen muscles, without overloading the joint itself. This is achieved by using a special cuff or rubber band attached to the foot in the ankle joint area. At the same time, exercises are performed slowly, without expanding the amplitude of motion.
- During the day it is better to perform several approaches for 10-15 minutes. There must be several hours between the approaches: this will ensure better blood circulation and nutrition of the hip joint structures, which has a beneficial effect on its recovery.
- Therapeutic exercise should be regular: that is, daily at least 5 times a week. However, it is contraindicated for the period of exacerbation of the disease, as well as if you feel unwell( for example, high blood pressure, etc.).In this case it is necessary to consult a doctor.
- Before performing the exercises for the hip joint, it is necessary to warm up the muscles properly, doing a general warm-up or doing self-massage, and after gymnastics, if possible, take a bath.
- In case of severe arthrosis, joint pain is not possible due to pain, therefore therapeutic exercise is performed using the method of performing micromotions when the amplitude of movement in the joint is only 0.5-2 cm.
Prevention of complications development
To prevent the progression of coxarthrosis, experts recommend:
- Timely treatment of joint injuries.
- Normalize your weight.
- Adhere to a predominantly balanced vegetarian diet, drink enough water.
- Regularly perform exercises of therapeutic gymnastics.
Gymnastics for arthrosis of the hip joint( photo, video)
Purpose of therapeutic gymnastics
Special gymnastics with coxarthrosis has some features. As the practice of treatment shows, patients with well-trained muscle mass are able to develop individual compensatory reactions to eliminate arisen disorders in the joint.
The only condition for obtaining excellent results from exercise therapy is systematic exercise and gradual increase in exercise load. This approach will allow for a long time to consolidate the results.
Gymnastics is considered the most affordable and effective option for treating the hip joint. This effect is achieved by stretching and relaxing the muscular apparatus of this zone, which allows to strengthen the ligaments and muscles and to make the joint joint more stable.
In the process of exercising, both dynamic and static exercises are used, allowing you to stretch your muscles without using body movements. When composing a complex, preference should be given to static loads. It is this choice that will allow minimally use the joint and at the same time it is enough to load the muscle tissue.to the table of contents ↑
Recommendations for performing the exercises
After diagnosing the patient's arthrosis TC, he involuntarily begins to spare his joint, which eventually leads to muscle atrophy and a decrease in its functions. Therefore, exercises with arthrosis of the hip joint restrain destructive processes and contribute to increased mobility in the joint joint. To get a better effect from exercise therapy it is worthwhile to listen to the recommendations of a specialist:
- it is advisable to conduct thermal procedures before the beginning of performance of therapeutic gymnastics. To do this, you can use a heating pad, a Minin lamp or a solux. If the doctor has appointed a bath, then the complex should be started after 30-40 minutes;
- all exercises of exercise therapy are selected only by a specialist;
- if medical gymnastics is accompanied by severe pain, then it is recommended to do exercises in a prone position and slowly;
- exercises should be performed daily, starting from 2-3 minutes. Longer gymnastic procedures should be started no earlier than a few days;
- gymnastics is performed gently with a gradual build-up of load and amplitude of movements. There should be long pauses between exercises;
- necessarily takes into account the specificity of the exercises;
- , some patients are prescribed a dosed burden. For this purpose, you can use a special cuff or rubber band attached to the ankle;
- breathing can be arbitrary;
- therapeutic gymnastics should end with a slow rise of hands upwards on inspiration and a calm relaxing lowering down on exhalation;
- treatment course is performed about 30-40 minutes morning and evening. In case of pain, the complex is divided into cycles for 10-15 minutes.
Lite complex of exercises for severe forms of arthrosis
For severe forms of arthrosis, it is recommended to perform exercises starting from the 10-minute complex. In severe disruptions, even the most simple movements can cause unbearable pain, so experts advise them to start using the method of micro-movements and with interruptions until the discomfort disappears. At the same time, preference is given to those exercises where the main load is a healthy limb.
As the pain subsides, you can move on to more complicated exercises, with a gradual increase in the amplitude of the movements of the diseased limb. The rate can be either slow or medium-it all depends on the state of the joint.
Recommended exercises for arthrosis of the hip joints , having strong inflammatory processes:
- With a healthy leg, stand on a firm firm rise, and with hands grasp the support. The diseased limb hangs freely in space. Starting with small movements, gently begin to swing the patient back and forth with his foot. As the pain disappears, the amplitude of movements increases;
- Sitting on a chair, knees to put on the width of the shoulders. With tightly pressed feet, to begin effortlessly to lower the knees to the center, and then return to the initial position;
- Lying on your back slightly stretch your legs and slightly set aside. Under the knee of the diseased leg, put a folded roller. Alternately, each foot to make rotational movements inside and out.
Strengthened set of exercises
As the joint is developed and simple exercises are performed without too much difficulty and pain, a patient can start a more complex exercise complex. It already includes static movements with a small load. The following movements can be added to the previous complex:
- Healthy leg to stand on the bench, and hands comfortably take up the support. A patient with a foot to perform swings back and forth, and also to the side, smoothly bringing her to the stomach;
- Standing on all fours in turn to unbend limbs, briefly holding each one on weight. As you master the movements, you can add burdening cuffs;
- Lie on one side of the healthy limb. Raise the injured leg and hold it for 5 seconds. When performing without much effort to get a better effect, you can add an aggravating cuff.
- Lie on your stomach, hands down along the body. In this position, simulate crawling movements in a plastic way.
Exercises in the initial stage of arthrosis
At the first manifestations of the disease, rehabilitation therapy includes not only medical therapy and physiotherapy, but also mandatory physical therapy and kinesiotherapy( exercises using metered weighting devices and medical simulators).
Only at the initial stage of arthrosis the correct approach allows to completely stop the inflammatory process in the TC.
The patient can be added to the facilitated and strengthened complex the following exercises:
- In a sitting position on the floor, as far as possible, dilute the legs in different directions. Bend the diseased limb in the knee joint and gently swaying movements to tilt the leg inside;
- The initial position is the same as in the previous case. A painful leg to bend in a knee, hands to grasp tightly on a heel and accurately to pull it in a direction to an axillary hollow.
All the complexes described above should end with the swings of the legs and arms in a relaxed state. It is also recommended to massage the feet after gymnastics for 3-5 minutes, after which the hip joint should be lubricated with a warming gel or ointment.
Contraindications for exercise therapy for arthrosis
In some cases, some movement restrictions may be imposed, or it may be advisable to temporarily discontinue the studies if:
• arterial hypertension;
Exercises for arthritis of the hip joint: benefit or harm?
One of the main methods of preventing function limitation in joint disease is movement. However, sometimes excessive or incorrect loads can be harmful instead of good, so it is important to consult a physician at the exercise room which exercises can be used for arthritis of the hip joint.
General rules of
Any methods of curative physical education have general rules:
- Do not overcome yourself and continue studies during the active period of inflammation. When there is severe pain, you need to take a break and be treated with a set of drugs that the doctor prescribed. Gymnastics for arthritis of the hip joint is done during the rehabilitation period or the period of remission.
- The same recommendations apply to the activities themselves: if severe pain occurs during certain exercises or if it does not release within 2 hours after training, the exercise complex needs to be adjusted.
- Therapeutic exercise should be practiced daily, preferably at the same time, giving this process about 40 minutes. Before performing the exercises, it is better to warm up a little, warm up the muscles: to walk or make a run.
- Classes begin with a small feasible load, gradually increasing it. Do not be scared if at first not all exercises seem feasible.
Universal gymnastics for the hip joint
In the initial stages of arthritis, if there has not yet developed irreversible changes in the joint in the form of coxarthrosis, it is possible to carry out the following exercise:
- In the position lying on the back:
- calmly pull out both legs, then lift one, clasp with both hands over the thigh and try to pull the maximum to the stomach. Within 10 seconds, fix the position, then lower the leg. Then repeat the same with the other foot. If the disease is one-sided, then the exercise should start from the healthy side. For example, if there is arthritis of the left hip joint, then first lift and pull the right leg, and then the left leg. Do not be alarmed if the amplitude of the movements is significantly different;
- bend the leg in the knee as far as possible, fix it for 10 seconds, then lower it. The same other foot;
- bend both legs in the hip and knee joint, hugging the ankle. Stop pressing to the floor, and raise the pelvis;
- in the same position, with the feet pressed to the floor, not tearing them from the floor to dissolve the knees as possible, hold for 10 seconds, then reconnect;
- move the knee bent in the knee as far as possible, lock in this position for 10 seconds and lower it into place. Repeat with the other foot.
- In the position lying on the abdomen - to pull back one knee bent at the knee, fix, lower, then the other.
- In the position on the side, put a hand under your head and lean on your elbow. Take the straight leg up, lock it for a few seconds and lower it. The same, turning over on the other side.
- In a sitting position on a chair: the legs in the knees are bent at right angles, the feet are pressed to the floor. Lay your chest and belly on your feet, get the floor with your fingertips( or your hands - how it works), fix this position, then return to the starting position.
- Standing: one foot to stand on a small elevation so that the other does not touch the floor. Hand hold on to the support. Slowly swing the legs forward and backward, not tilting the body as much as possible, so that movements are carried out in the hip joint.
Each exercise should be repeated 10 times. You can start with 5 times, gradually increasing the frequency of repetitions. Between exercises to relax for a short time. At the end of the complex it will be good to stretch the muscles a little.
Gymnastics for "lazy"
If arthrosis of the hip joint develops with its deformity, you can try gymnastics according to the Gitt method.
Feature of this method is the apparent ease and availability of performing exercises for people with any deformities of the hip joint. Those who are forced to observe a long time bed rest or can not move because of another pathology.
The load on the joint is minimal in them, since no one needs to perform movements in full volume: the amplitude should not exceed 1 cm. The main factor in this complex is time: exercises should take at least 3-6 hours of daytime, but some of themconvenient to do everywhere.
Also, as with universal gymnastics, movements should not be accompanied by painful sensations. Time of classes should be approximately evenly distributed throughout the day.
- Sitting on a chair: the legs are bent at the knee and hip joints at right angles, the feet are pressed to the floor. Exercise is a little kneading and breeding of the knees.
- The situation is the same. Raise the heels, tearing them from the floor no more than 1 cm, and lower them. Socks remain pressed to the floor. In arthritis of both hip joints, exercises are performed alternately with each leg.
- Lie down on the abdomen: relax on a straight solid surface, preliminarily placing a roller under the feet. Slowly rolling on the stomach to the right and left, the initiators of the movement - hips. Move left and right, without lifting the pelvis and without straining the muscles.
- Lie down on the back: slightly spread legs, relax, make small movements in the hip joint, slightly turning the hips outward and inward.
- If you have to spend a lot of time in the lying position: hang a small loop from the strap 25 cm above the level of the bed, put your foot in there and make a rocking motion with a relaxed foot. You can do flexion-extension in the knee.
Author gymnastics by the method of Gitt has proven effectiveness and wide popularity. The result of such therapy depends on the painstaking daily performance of one exercise or several, the main thing - to engage at least 3-6 hours a day.
Despite the inconsistency of the use of motor exercises in arthritis of the hip joint, for any person it is possible to select an effective complex that will help improve blood supply, and strengthen the ligaments in the joint zone.
The main thing is to choose the appropriate method together with a physician or physiotherapist and practice yourself on a daily basis. Do not expect quick results, but regular exercise can do wonders!
Because deformities due to arthritis of the hip joint are incurable, movement is the best method of preventing them, as well as slowing the progress of the disease. After all, in the movement of life!
osustavah.ruGymnastics helps to cope with various diseases of the joints. And coxarthrosis is no exception. Coxarthrosis is called arthrosis of the hip joint. In this case, gymnastics is not the main, but an auxiliary method of treatment. In spite of this, they should not be neglected.
Features that increase the effectiveness of gymnastics in hip arthrosis
- This is a therapeutic gymnastics, so you need to be careful when doing exercises;
- Any business for obtaining the result must be done regularly, including this;
- To increase the effectiveness of exercise, you can take a warm bath and visit the pool.
Gymnastics for hip arthrosis exercises
The first example of gymnastics with hip arthrosis
- It is necessary to take a position on the abdomen. Then one should take turns to lift straight legs up to a small height. In lifting the leg should be fixed for a few seconds.
- The position does not change. The exercise consists in raising the bent leg upwards and fixing it in this position.
- Still lying on your stomach, you need to lift both legs straight up and, like in the previous exercises, hold for a few seconds. With time, the duration can be increased.
The second example of gymnastics in hip arthrosis
- In the supine position with elongated legs, you should raise your arms during inspiration and return them to their original position on exhalation.
- Bending and extension of hands in elbows are also done.
- Smooth rotation with knees.
- Hands are placed on the waist and legs are moved to the sides.
The third example of gymnastics with hip arthrosis
- Lying on your back you need to raise your head and shoulders and stay for a couple of seconds in this position. After the muscles relax, the exercise must be repeated.
- In the same position, raise your legs, hands at the waist.
- We lay on our side and raise the leg, affected by hip arthrosis. We fix it, and smoothly lower it down.
Gymnastics with hip arthrosis according to the advice of Dr. Bubnovsky S.М.In his technique, you need to start with an exercise to improve the overall condition of the ligaments and joints. It looks like this: You sit on the floor and take two hands by your foot, while the leg should not be bent and inclined to the side. After this, the exercise is repeated for the other leg. If your physical training is above average, then you can try to do this exercise at the same time for two legs. It is more difficult, but more effective, affects the condition of the spine. If you need to focus on the lumbar muscles, then also try to do standing exercises. In this position, the hip muscles will also be involved. Dr. Bubnovsky also recommends an exercise called "plow".It is very effective when done correctly. You lie on your back, hands lie on either side of you perpendicular to the body. You need to lift two legs at the same time and touch the toes of the floor behind your head. It is possible that this exercise can not be done right away, but with every attempt it will be easier to perform it. Ideally, according to Dr. Bubnovsky, bring the number of legs raised in one approach to twenty. You need to clearly realize that the health of the spine and joints is a pledge of youth. In your power to do regular gymnastics with hip arthrosis. At first it will be difficult for you, and you will have to make efforts, but later your joints will thank you. You yourself can choose a set of exercises that suits you personally. And this information will help you in this.