Diet for arthrosis
The arthrosis diet is not a panacea for this disease, but it can alleviate the condition of the patient and allow the body to receive useful substances for the restoration of joint tissues.
Osteoarthritis - a disease of the joints, which manifests itself in the degenerative-dystrophic lesion of the joint. These changes are of an age-specific character, that is, they appear in older people, after forty-five years. Deformation affects, in the first place, cartilage of the joint, epiphyses of bones and, in some cases, soft tissues. A diet with arthrosis can only benefit in conjunction with the rest of the treatment - drug therapy, physiotherapy and so on.
Treatment of arthrosis with the
diet One of the causes of arthrosis is the overweight of the patient. It is noticed that people who weigh more than their norm are much more likely to suffer from joint diseases. Namely, the knee and hip joint. Decreased body weight leads to relief of the patient's condition. Therefore, the treatment of arthrosis with a diet, in the first place, should be aimed at overcoming the excess weight of the patient. But getting rid of excess kilograms should not deprive the body of a patient of useful nutrients. The vitamins, minerals, proteins, fats and carbohydrates necessary for maintenance of health are obliged to arrive with food in that quantity which is necessary. Therefore, a diet for arthrosis, aimed at reducing weight, should be full and balanced.
The second point to consider when making a menu - a diet for arthrosis should prevent unnecessary wear of the cartilage tissue and the joint itself. Therefore, it is necessary to balance the nutrition in such a way that the substances that enter the patient's body help to maintain the elasticity of the cartilage and contribute to the restoration of bone tissue of the joint.
It is necessary to take into account one more factor that affects the improvement of the patients with arthrosis. At the end of the 20th century, due to the progression of technologies for the production of food products, a new type of arthrosis - metabolic - appeared in the world's population. This form of arthrosis is due to eating foods that contain chemical additives - hormones, steroids, preservatives, dyes and so on - in excess. Therefore, a diet for arthrosis should be directed, first of all, to the organization of a natural diet of patients. The products from which dishes for patients with arthrosis are prepared should not contain artificial, chemical additives, which is a prerequisite for the treatment of metabolic arthrosis.
Diet for arthrosis of joints
Nutrition for arthrosis of joints should be made taking into account the following recommendations:
- It is necessary to exclude food processing by frying. The food should be baked, steamed, boiled or stewed.
- You need to switch to frequent, fractional power.
- Food should be taken in small portions, which eliminates overeating and weight gain.
- You can serve dishes in small plates that will visually increase the amount of food on them.
- There is a need to slowly and thoroughly chew food. Thus, the body saturation is faster, because digestion of food begins already in the mouth with the help of saliva.
- During the absorption of food, you need to make small pauses, then the body will quickly feel satiety, which will not prevent overeating.
- When you feel saturated, you need to stop and do not eat anymore. The habit of eating up everything to the last crumb in this case leads not to health, but to the progression of the disease. The next time you need to put a smaller portion, because adding a little more food is much more useful than eating what you do not want to eat anymore.
- If there is no feeling of hunger, do not eat.
- After each meal, it is necessary to thoroughly rinse the oral cavity.
- You should not stay alone after a meal or go to bed. It is best to make one hundred slow steps after eating, and then take a rest.
- The final meal should be no later than 19 pm and two hours before bedtime.
- I need to watch the chair. Emptying the bowels should occur every morning, without effort and problems. If this does not happen, you need to add more greenery and fiber to your diet, as well as foods that help prevent constipation.
Diet for joint arthrosis is aimed at weight reduction, normalization of metabolic processes in the body and restoration of functions of the joint tissue. Therefore, all the above principles of food intake must be strictly observed by patients.
What can I eat with arthrosis?
- Of meat products, it is best to eat poultry - home chicken, turkey, duck.
- Fish of fatty varieties is very useful for patients with arthrosis. It is necessary to introduce herring, mackerel, salmon, trout into the diet, which will provide the patient with unsaturated fatty acids Omega-3.The above fatty acids inhibit the aging of the joint and to some extent can prevent the inflammatory processes that appear in the joint tissues.
- Flaxseed and linseed oil - these nutritional supplements contain in excess omega-3 fatty acids.
- Foods rich in calcium. First of all, it's whey. Contrary to popular belief in the production of cottage cheese, more calcium remains in the solid mass - cottage cheese, and in the liquid - serum. Therefore, to saturate the body with calcium, you need to drink up to half a liter of whey every day. It is useful to drink kefir, fermented baked milk and natural yogurt without adding sugar, dyes and preservatives.
- Rich in calcium and herbs - parsley, dill, spinach, celery, salad.
- Foods that contain large amounts of vitamin E are indispensable on the table of patients with arthrosis. You should eat baked fish, walnuts, almonds, cedar nuts, hazelnuts, sprouted wheat( 2-3 tablespoons a day).
- Porridge and bread of their coarse flour are sources of complex carbohydrates.
- Fruits that are rich in fiber, fructose, vitamins and minerals. Separately, I want to say about pineapples, which can remove inflammation of the joints.
- Fresh pomegranate and orange juice.
- Fresh vegetables, among which the most useful are cauliflower, carrots, broccoli, pumpkin and zucchini.
- Vegetable food, rich in protein, is simply necessary for arthrosis. You should prepare dishes from beans, peas and lentils.
- Butter, as a source of fat.
- Foods with a high content of B vitamins. Vitamin B1 is found in peas, baked potatoes, whole grain bread. Vitamin B2 can be obtained from dairy products, eggs and bananas. Vitamin B6 is rich in nuts, chicken meat, bananas and dairy products. Vitamin B9( folic acid) can be obtained from lentils, peas, bananas, parsley, spinach, nuts, wild rose hips and fresh raspberry and currant leaves. Vitamin B12 is found in by-products( kidneys, liver) egg yolks, in fish - herring, salmon, sardines, seafood, fermented milk products and hard cheese.
What can not be eaten with arthrosis?
The following foods and culinary products should be excluded from the diet:
- Cakes, cream cakes and other cream-making confections.
- Baking and fresh wheat bread.
- Ice cream, dairy and cream desserts.
- Chocolate butter and chocolate cheese, chocolate-nut pastes.
- Chips, croutons, toast, popcorn, corn and wheat flakes, as well as ready-made breakfasts.
- Alcohol, including beer and low-alcohol beverages. Tobacco smoking is also banned. Sweet carbonated drinks.
- Strong tea and coffee.
- Sauces and seasonings, which are prepared with the use of spicy spices and spices.
- Pickles, marinades, smoked products.
- Sauces that are prepared with oil;mayonnaise and dishes that are cooked with their use;margarine.
- Fatty meat - pork and beef.
- Fatty milk products - cream, processed cheese, sour cream over 10% fat content, curd over 4% fat, yogurt over 3.2% fat.
- Products from whole milk.
- Black and red caviar.
- Products containing omega-6 unsaturated fatty acids: fatty meat, vegetable oils( primarily sunflower and corn), hard wheat, seeds.
- Fatty fish of the following varieties - sturgeon, halibut, salmon.
- Instant cereals.
- Foods containing food additives, flavor enhancers, dyes and preservatives.
What is the diet for arthrosis?
For patients who are going to recover from this disease by changing the diet, the question is important: "What is the diet for arthrosis?" The principles of building proper nutrition for arthrosis are as follows:
- First of all, with arthrosis, the use of a rigid extreme diet is prohibited. Since this type of diet, the body expels a large amount of liquid, which, in turn, removes the calcium and potassium they need from the bones and joints.
- A balanced diet that includes the consumption of vitamins, minerals, proteins, fats, carbohydrates, fiber.
- Low-salt diet, which uses a small daily amount of salt.
- Low-protein food. With arthrosis, experts advise to use sour-milk products, because they are rich in proteins, which are quickly and easily absorbed by the body. The presence in them of a large amount of calcium also makes these products irreplaceable for the dietary table of patients with arthrosis.
- Dishes made from bone-meat broths. All kinds of jellies, chillies and jellies are rich in collagen and help in the restoration of cartilaginous tissue. Collagen is also needed to maintain the bones, ligaments and other components of the musculoskeletal system in norm.
- Restriction of carbohydrates and sugars. Most carbohydrates in the diet of the patient should account for complex carbohydrates - whole grain cereals, bread from wholemeal flour. Sahara, if possible, should be deleted and replaced with sweet fruit, honey.
- Restriction of fat intake, which must enter the patient's body, mainly from products of plant origin. The exception is fish, rich in Omega-3 unsaturated fatty acids.
Rice diet for arthrosis
The rice diet for arthrosis is based on eating breakfast from soaked rice with a general low salt content in the diets of a patient with arthrosis.
Rice prepared according to the rules can miraculously remove toxins from the body;dissolve salts accumulated in the spine and joints;improve metabolism;normalize weight with excessive or insufficient body weight;to facilitate the functioning of the liver and kidneys.
To organize a dietary breakfast, you will need to purchase brown rice. But in the absence of such, you can use the usual polished, in which it is necessary to add wheat bran in the amount of a third of the volume of rice.
You need to cook five half-liter jars. It's best to mark them with markers, like No. 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. In the first jar, two or three tablespoons of rice and pour water. After a day, the rice in the first jar is washed and again filled with water. On the same day, the same portion of rice is poured into the second jar and the can is filled with water. The third day the contents of the first two jars are washed and filled with fresh water, and the third jar pours rice, water is added and everything is left for a day. The next day, the manipulations with rice washing are repeated, and the fourth pot is covered with rice with water. On the fifth day, the contents of all four jars must be washed and re-filled with water, and in the fifth jar, pour two to three tablespoons of rice and leave it to get wet in water, as in previous cases.
On the sixth day you can use rice from the first can. From it boil the porridge in a small amount of water without the addition of salt, sugar, butter and milk. You can eat the soaked rice and raw or pour it with hot water for 10 minutes and after that time have breakfast. The main thing that the whole breakfast consisted of soaked rice in cooked or raw form.
Before drinking rice for 20 or 30 minutes, you should drink one glass of warm or hot water. After breakfast for four hours, you should not eat or drink. After 4 hours you can drink water, and after 15-20 minutes to eat a full dinner.
In the first jar, after preparing rice porridge, you need to fill up again a portion of rice, and now this jar becomes the last in the row. Every day instead of used rice is put a new one. The main thing is that the soaking of rice in each jar occurs within five days. The very same course of treatment is 40 days. It can be held once a year, in winter or spring, when church posts are held. Contraindications to the use of rice breakfasts do not exist.
In the process of cleansing with rice it is necessary to exclude salt from the diet, and also to limit the maximum use of acidic and acute products. Alcohol is also banned, as the rice diet in this case will be ineffective. Due to the fact that with the help of rice alcoholic poisons will be excreted, not salts and slags.
The rice diet for arthrosis is not only an effective method in the treatment of this disease, but an excellent means of normalizing metabolic processes and other body functions. Therefore, it is recommended to cleanse the body regularly, once a year.
Diet for arthrosis of the knee joint
Gonarthrosis( or arthrosis of the knee joint) - deformation of the knee joint caused by injuries, increased physical exertion, overweight, impaired metabolism of the patient.
The diet, which aims to reduce the weight of the patient, reduces the burden on the knee joint. As a result, the symptoms of arthrosis gradually decrease or completely stop worrying the patient.
- Diet with a simultaneous fight against obesity and symptoms of arthrosis should contain all the body's necessary substances and at the same time be low-calorie. You can not starve or go on a hard diet that can drain the patient's body. Do not abuse diuretic teas and laxatives, which are often used by those who want to lose weight. Such drugs help to wash away calcium from the body, which leads to a worsening of the condition of patients with arthrosis of the knee joint.
- Food should be frequent, and food should be taken in small portions. During snacks between meals you can eat a small amount of fruit, fresh vegetables and dietary bread.
- It is necessary to have breakfast, since more calories are burned in the morning, which leads to a decrease in the weight of the patient.
- To improve the work of the gastrointestinal tract and cleanse the body of toxins, it is necessary to drink at least two liters of clean water a day.
- For arthrosis of the knee joint, you need to stop eating fatty meat - pork and beef.
- Some fresh vegetables and fruits have a negative effect on patients with gonarthrosis. Therefore, they should be excluded from the patient's diet. Such products include white cabbage, tomatoes and bell peppers. Sour fruit - cherry, citrus and so on, as well as juices, cooked from them, are also prohibited.
The knee arthrosis diet includes all those principles that were given earlier. Also, the permitted and prohibited lists of food for arthrosis refer to this type of disease.
Diet for arthrosis of the hip joint
Coxarthrosis( arthrosis of the hip joint) is a dystrophic change in the cartilaginous tissue of the hip joint. Coxarthrosis can be accompanied by destruction of the bone tissue of the joint, the occurrence of cysts along the edges of the joints.
Diet for arthrosis of the hip is aimed at restoring the cartilaginous tissue. The necessary substances for the resumption of cartilage can be obtained from a properly balanced diet.
- The organism for regenerative processes needs vitamins of group B, also in vitamins A, C and E. Vitamins of group B can be obtained from sprouted wheat, whole grains bread, egg yolk, bananas, nuts, fermented milk products, peas, lentils. Vitamin A is found in carrots, pumpkin, sweet pepper, sea buckthorn, peaches, apricots, kelp, parsley, egg yolk, butter. Vitamin C is found in wild rose, green peas, black currant, sweet pepper, sea-buckthorn, Brussels sprouts, strawberries, cauliflower, rowan berries. Vitamin E in large quantities is found in sprouted wheat, in fresh vegetables and fruits, nuts.
- It is necessary to exclude products made of the highest grade flour( pasta, white wheat bread, biscuits and buns).It is necessary to introduce rye bread, bran bread and coarse flour into the daily ration.
- Avoid cooking dishes from manna and other peeled cereals. But oatmeal, buckwheat, pearl barley and brown rice should be on the patient's table daily.
- For cereals to retain all useful substances, they must be prepared as follows. It is necessary to boil them to half-cooked, and then wrap them and let them reach the desired state. You can do the same in another way - pre-soak the cereals for 6-8 hours, and then cook until fully prepared.
- Instead of sugar, you need to use honey, dried fruits, fresh berries or fruit slices.
- Sour-milk products, especially whey, are welcome in coxarthrosis. But milk should be excluded from the diet of patients with arthrosis of the hip joint.
- You can eat by-products - liver, kidneys, tongue, heart, because they are skimmed meat and can not hurt the joints.
- Although fish are welcome for arthrosis, it is necessary to exclude salted fish from the diet.
- It is better to replace strong meat broths with vegetable and mushroom broths.
Diet for arthrosis of foot
Arthrosis of the foot is a disease that leads to deformation of the joints of the foot and, above all, cartilaginous tissue. Above all, the big toes of both legs are subject to pathological changes. The causes of foot arthrosis can be genetic predisposition, prolonged stay on legs, excess weight, uncomfortable shoes, flat feet and improper nutrition. Therefore, a diet with arthrosis of the foot can lead to an improvement in the patient's condition.
All previous recommendations concerning nutrition for arthrosis are suitable for patients with arthrosis of the foot. Also, you need to give advice on changing the diet, which will help improve the condition of cartilage tissues and feet, and other joints.
- Fresh orange juice should be consumed daily. A glass of freshly squeezed juice a day can improve the patient's condition by 15-20 percent.
- Introduce garnets and pomegranate juice in your daily diet. Studies have shown that undiluted pomegranate juice can reduce inflammation of the joints, and also block the production of an enzyme responsible for the destruction of cartilaginous tissue. Therefore, 3-5 spoonfuls of pomegranate juice per day will be useful in the treatment of arthrosis symptoms.
- Pineapple also has a good anti-inflammatory effect. It contains bromelain, which reduces inflammation in the joints. Eat pineapples only in fresh form, immediately after the fruit was cut. The highest concentration of bromelain comes from the top of the fruit and its cob.
- Red pepper is rich in antioxidants. Therefore, its substances are actively fighting free radicals, responsible for aging joints and cartilaginous tissue.
- Products with negative caloric content are indispensable for arthrosis. You need to eat parsley, dill, green onions, celery, lettuce, spinach, white cabbage and cauliflower, radish, green peas, broccoli, wheat sprouts and beans, fresh cucumbers. These products not only help to reduce excess weight, but also saturate the body with vitamins, minerals and proteins.
Disease for arthrosis of the shoulder joint
Osteoarthritis of the shoulder joint - changes in the joint and cartilaginous tissue of the shoulder. When violations of the shoulder joint, painful sensations appear in the joint articulation, and the mobility of the arm is impaired. Arthrosis of the shoulder joints arise, first of all, from various shoulder injuries - bruises, sprains of ligaments, fractures of the upper limbs. Often arthrosis of the shoulder joint occurs after a long and unusual physical activity. Also affected athletes, especially those who engage in volleyball, tennis and throwing sports equipment.
But the most common cause of arthrosis of the shoulder joint is a shoulder dislocation. After such a dislocation, which corrected, after a while, minor pain may begin. Then the pain sensations increase, and noise and clicks are added to them during movement. These symptoms begin arthrosis, which manifests itself in the limitation of the motor capabilities of the joint.
Diet for arthrosis of the shoulder joint is the same as in the previous cases. If joint disease is accompanied by edema, then you need to use an anti-edema diet. Principles of such nutrition:
- Low salt content in food.
- Abundant drink, more than two liters per day
- Drinking diuretics.
- During the seasonal appearance of watermelons, you need to consume as much of these fruits as possible.
- It is necessary to fill your diet with potassium. For this you need to eat every day any foods with a high content of this substance - dried apricots, apricots, bananas, baked potatoes in the peel. You can eat two or three fruits of dried apricots or apricots for half an hour before meals 3 times a day. They can be replaced by half of the average banana, which need to be consumed the same number of times. It is important to regularly use these products, then the effect of the diet will be noticeable.
- It is necessary to exclude from the diet tomatoes, spinach, sorrel, pepper and spicy seasonings.
Such a diet well removes edema of the shoulder joints, helps to relieve inflammation and speeds up the complex treatment of the disease.
Diet for arthrosis of the ankle
The most common cause of ankle arthrosis is trauma. The disease can occur after a leg dislocation, sprains, gypsum application after fractures.
There may be another cause of arthrosis. These joints have one peculiarity: with kidney diseases or water-salt metabolism in the body, they tend to easily succumb to edema. Edemas that disturb the patient for a long time lead to dystrophic changes in the cartilaginous tissue of the joint, that is, to arthrosis.
Diet for arthrosis of the ankle is the same as for all types of arthrosis. But it is worth emphasizing the basic principles of anti-edema diet, which is good for the onset of swelling of these joints:
- Salt-free diet. For a while, you need to stop using salt or salt food in minimal amounts.
- Drink plenty of fluids, more than two liters a day.
- Drinking diuretics and doses. The recipes for diuretics are as follows:
- Diuretics № 1.
Take the bearberry leaves - 3 parts, the flowers of cornflower - 1 part, licorice root - 1 part. One tablespoon of the mixture is poured with one glass of boiling water, insists half an hour, and then filtered. Take half a cup 3 times a day for 30 minutes before eating.
- Diuretic collection No. 2.
Tritonum grass - 3 parts, bearberry leaf - 2 parts, St. John's wort - 1 part, violet grass - 1 part. One tablespoon of mixture to pour one glass of boiling water. Insist half an hour, and then strain with gauze. Take 3 times a day for half a cup for half an hour before eating.
- It is necessary to use anti-inflammatory teas. Well suited infusions of sage, chamomile, lime blossom, St. John's wort, calendula. It removes the inflammatory processes of tea karkade from the flowers of hibiscus.
For all anti-inflammatory tinctures, there is the same way of cooking. You need to take one tablespoon of herbs, pour it with a glass of boiling water, let it brew for half an hour and strain it. Take this infusion should be 30 minutes before eating half a cup three times a day.
Diets for arthrosis
Despite many limitations, the diet menu for arthrosis is quite diverse.
Immediately after waking up, drink a glass of clean water. Such a measure will trigger the processes of cleansing the gastrointestinal tract.
Breakfast - a glass of freshly made orange juice. After 15-20 minutes you can eat porridge on the water - oatmeal, buckwheat, pearl, millet, from unpeeled rice. In the porridge you can add a small amount of butter. If the preference is given to sweet porridge, then it is worth putting a little honey or dried fruit in the dish. It is good to eat breakfast with cottage cheese with honey, curd casserole, baked syrniki, kefir or fermented baked milk with dry biscuits. Suitable and light green tea without sugar with a sandwich of whole-grain bread with butter and unsalted cheese. You can have breakfast boiled soft-boiled eggs, an omelette with a salad of fresh vegetables.
The second breakfast is a banana;a handful of dried apricots or apricots;pomegranate or pineapple. Good for a second breakfast, any fruit or sour milk drinks.
Lunch - vegetable and cereal soups;chill, hash or jelly;dishes from boiled meat or steamed - cutlets, meatballs and so on;baked fish or boiled fish;boiled, baked potatoes or mashed potatoes;salads from fresh vegetables;stewed vegetables and stew;various cereals;bread from wholemeal or rye flour.
Snack - fruits or compotes of dried fruits, kissels and mousses, tea karkade with dry biscuits, crackers or loaves.
Dinner - salads from fresh vegetables;stewed vegetable dishes and stew;porridge;baked and boiled potatoes;lazy dumplings;dishes from cottage cheese;not strong green tea or karkade. Dinner should be easy, so as not to encourage excessive weight gain.
Diet recipes for arthrosis
Diet recipes for arthrosis are not difficult to prepare. I am glad that with this disease you can eat your favorite and delicious dishes.
pork leg cold Ingredients: 4 pork legs, half a kilogram of pork meat, one medium sized carrot, one onion, two bay leaves, 20 grams of gelatin, a small amount of salt.
- Rinse well the pork legs, put in a saucepan and add so much water that the legs are covered with water by 5-6 centimeters.
- You need to wait for the boil, then remove the scum and record the time. Make the fire very slow and cook the legs on this fire for four hours. Periodically, it is necessary to remove the emerging fat from the water surface. This precaution will give a transparency to the chill and a necessary taste.
- After that you need to pour one glass of broth, cool and dissolve gelatin in it.
- In a saucepan add pork meat and boil for another hour.
- Then cut the onions and carrots into cubes, add vegetables to the broth along with the laurel pepper. After that, salt the broth to taste, but it is better to take a little nedosolit.
- Broth is left to cook for another hour. The total cooking time of the cold is six hours, while it is forbidden to add water to the broth.
- After this, you need to get meat and legs from the broth. Meat should be separated from bones and cut into small pieces. Then the chopped meat returns to the broth, which is brought to a boil. Then add the gelatin dissolved in the broth.
- Then we pour the broth into molds, cool it to room temperature and leave it in the refrigerator or cold place until it cools.
- Mackerel baked in the sleeve
Ingredients: one or two pieces of mackerel, one lemon, one onion, salt, vegetable oil.
- It is necessary to cut off the head from the fish and gently gut it. After that, mackerel should be thoroughly washed - if this is not done enough, the fish will be bitter. Then you need to pull the ridge off the mackerel.
- Next you need to grate the salt and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- After that, on one side of the inside of the carcass are placed slices of lemon, and on the other - the onion cut by rings, and on top of the sprinkle with vegetable oil.
- The halves of the fish are folded together and put in a sleeve for baking.
- The oven heats up to a temperature of 180 degrees. After that, the mackerel is placed there, which is baked for 40 minutes.
- The garnish, which is most relevant to baked mackerel - boiled potatoes, vegetables, greens and a slice of lemon.
- Baked peeled potatoes in foil
Ingredients: fresh potatoes - half a kilogram, butter, dill.
- Potatoes should be washed and dried with a cloth.
- On the skin of the potato, you need to make a cross-cut and insert a piece of butter into it.
- Then the potatoes are wrapped in several layers of foil, which are shifted with dill sprigs.
- It is necessary to preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Put the potatoes in the oven and bake for a minute or so.
- After this, you need to get the potatoes, unfold from the foil, add a little salt and eat together with the peel.
- Vitamin salad from fresh vegetables
Ingredients: half a cocktail of fresh cabbage, one large carrot, lemon, vegetable oil, salt to taste.
- Finely chop cabbage, salt, stirring and crumple well.
- Squeeze a little lemon juice to taste and mix well.
- On an average grater, grate the carrots and add to the cabbage, mix thoroughly.
- In the salad, add a little vegetable oil and stir the resulting dish.
- Curd dessert with dried fruit
Ingredients: half a kilo of cottage cheese, one hundred grams of dried apricots and raisins, honey to taste.
- Cottage cheese beaten in a blender or with a mixer until smooth.
- Heat the honey to a temperature of not more than forty degrees.
- Pour the heated honey into the container with the cottage cheese and mix again thoroughly.
- Dried fruits are washed, large dried fruits need to be cut into pieces.
- After that add the pieces of dried fruits to the cottage cheese thoroughly mix.
- Infusion of dried fruits
Ingredients: dry apricots, apples, pears, plums - 500 grams;honey;water - 3 liters.
- Fill the dried fruit in a three-liter jar and add water.
- Leave the dried fruit for 12 hours to allow water to infuse.
- The received infusion can be drunk - it is made from sweet dried fruits, therefore, it does not need to be sweetened.
- If the drink is not sweet, then you can add a few tablespoons of honey, mix it and let it dissolve into the infusion. It is not necessary to heat the drink so that the honey dissolves better, because the elevated temperature kills the useful properties of honey.
Diet for knee arthrosis
Osteoarthritis of the knee joint is a serious disease leading to loss of movement. When arthrosis affects cartilaginous tissue, thinner, breaking and losing its damping properties. On X-ray images, the attending physician observes a narrowing of the cartilaginous fissure, and the consequences of this are the osteophytes growing on the edges of the bone( hook-like growths).Patients feel strong pain, a crunch of bones, the knee gradually loses mobility.
There are several reasons for the development of this disease, some of them are overweight and bad habits, because of which the metabolism is broken, vitamin and mineral levels decrease, pathologies can start. These bad habits - alcohol and tobacco. Depending on the degree of the disease and the causes preceding it, individual treatment is prescribed. But, regardless of this, each patient is prescribed a diet aimed at reducing weight, normalizing the metabolism and saturation of the body with the necessary vitamin and mineral complex. Loss of even two or three kilograms provides a reduction in the load on the knee joints, resulting in a reduction in the pain syndrome.
Recommendations for eating food
When a diet needs to adhere to certain rules that will help lose weight and lead the body into tonus. At first, observe these rules can be difficult, but with time the habit will come and it will become easier.
- - The diet implies a rejection of alcoholic beverages( they have the property of increasing appetite);
- - Reduce the serving volume so as not to overload the stomach;
- - The amount of food intake should be from four to six times a day;
- - Food that is served in black and square shaped dishes visually looks more appetizing, so choose plates of white and round shape;
- - Serve food in small plates, so visually the amount of food in the plate increases;
- - Chew each piece thoroughly without being distracted by reading, computer or TV;
- - Before meals, drink a glass of cold water, then satiety will come faster, and the amount of food consumed will decrease;
- - Stop eating immediately after you are satisfied;
- - Rinse mouth after eating;
- - To allow the stomach to rest at night, stop eating four hours before bedtime( if this is extremely hard, limit the fruit and a glass of fermented milk product);
- - Start a nutrition diary where you will record your own weight( measured from morning on an empty stomach) and everything you eat for a day;
- - Watch for the regularity of the chair.
- - In no case should you starve and limit the amount of liquid! The optimum amount is two liters per day for an adult.
Products that should be discarded for the period of the
diet It is necessary to abandon the products that increase the level of cholesterol and slags in the body, leading to metabolic disorders.
- - First of all, floury , including pasta, should be discarded. But, at the same time, it is allowed in the morning to use a small portion of macaroni from hard varieties, a stale piece of bread or a small cake. In flour products are many easily assimilated carbohydrates, respectively, many calories.
- - The next item is fried food .It is of little use, but there are a lot of fats and carbohydrates, besides, it is difficult for the stomach.
- - Under the prohibition of smoked products .
- - Sweet should be limited, it is advisable to replace ordinary sugar, soda and candy with a spoonful of honey, it will be much more useful for the body.
- - In order not to slag the body, it is worth to abandon the use of fatty meat varieties and broths based on them ;
- - sauces ( ketchup and mayonnaise);
- - In case of arthrosis, do not use diuretic teas, laxatives, which help wash out calcium and microflora from the body.
Which products are useful for joint health
Very useful for the body products that remove toxins, promote cleansing, rich in vitamins and minerals. This is very important for the restoration of cartilaginous tissue. The diet should not only help to reduce weight, but also be rich in proteins, fats and carbohydrates in rational quantities.
Dieting products for patients with knee arthrosis:
- - raw vegetables, fruits and berries;
- - sour-milk products - skimmed yogurt, cottage cheese, low-fat cheeses, milk( they should be consumed daily because of the calcium contained in them);
- - low-fat litter of fish and meat( rabbit, veal, tuna, herring, etc.);
- - corn, olive, sunflower, butter;
- - beans, lentils;
- - eggs;
- - buckwheat;
- - honey.
Traditional medicine recommends eating such plants and fruits as:
- - dandelion ( improves the work of the gastrointestinal tract, has a tonic, hemostatic, anti-inflammatory properties);
- - onion ( rich in vitamins, has anti-inflammatory properties and increases immunity);
- - mochrica ( improves the metabolism);
- - cabbage ( promotes weight loss, cleanses the body, is rich in vitamins);
- - celery ( improves metabolism, calms, helps reduce pain syndrome).
Diet for arthrosis of foot
Quite often the reason for the development of arthrosis is the overweight person. It is established that in people whose body weight exceeds the norm, orthopedic pathologies are diagnosed several times more often. With obesity, the lower extremities - the hip, knee joints and, of course, the foot - suffer particularly. After all, it is on your feet that you have a significant and constant load. With a decrease in body weight, the state of the joints improves, so it is advisable to apply a diet and eat properly for arthrosis of the foot. The main task of such measures is the elimination of extra kilograms and, correspondingly, a decrease in the load on the joints of the lower extremities.
Principles of nutrition
Compliance with the diet should not lead to a weakening of the body and deprivation of its useful and nutritious substances. A man must necessarily consume foods saturated with minerals, vitamins and the necessary trace elements. It is very important that a diet with arthrosis of the foot not only contributes to the dropping of the body weight, but it is full and balanced.
When creating a diet menu, it should be borne in mind that the food consumed should positively influence the cartilage fibers of the joints and prevent their complete wear. That is, it is necessary to select such products, which contain substances useful for cartilage. In this case, the elasticity of the fibers will increase and the recovery processes in the bone tissues become more active.
The third factor that is worth paying attention to is the naturalness of food. Often in patients with joint pathologies, arthrosis of metabolic nature is detected. This is an orthopedic disease that arose against the background of consumption of products with dyes, preservatives and other various chemicals. Therefore, a diet for arthrosis of the foot should be based on the preparation of exclusively natural products that do not contain such additives.
When planning a diet, it is advisable to follow such advice from specialists:
- Cooking should be cooked in the oven and steamed, eliminating fried foods from the diet.
- Eat often, 5-6 times a day, eating small portions.
- Do not supersaturate the stomach, rising from the table with a feeling of mild hunger.
- Put food on small plates. This will visually increase the portion.
- Consume cooked meals slowly, thoroughly chew.
- Make small pauses between each subsequent spoon of food.
- Rinse the mouth after eating.
- After breakfast, lunch or dinner, you do not need to go to rest, but it is worth continuing to move while the process of assimilation is in progress.
- Monitor the normal emptying of the intestine. Defecation should be done daily and without effort. If you have problems, you need to increase the menu quantity of greens, beets and products with fiber.
The purpose of thediet
- Weight reduction and elimination of excess kilograms.
- Normalization of metabolic processes in the body.
- Restoration of articular tissues and their functioning.
Useful products for arthrosis
- Poultry meat: chicken, duck, turkey.
- Fish of fatty varieties, saturated with acids Omega3: herring, mackerel, trout, salmon.
- Dairy products with calcium: whey, kefir, fermented baked milk, natural yoghurt.
- Greens: parsley, dill, spinach, lettuce, celery.
- Nuts: cedar, walnuts, pistachios, cashews, hazelnuts, almonds.
- Germinated wheat grains.
- Bakery: bread from wholemeal flour.
- Cereals: buckwheat, rice, barley, rye.
- Fruits: pineapples, pomegranates, kiwi, oranges, lemons, bananas, grapefruits.
- Vegetables: cauliflower, carrots, pumpkin, zucchini, broccoli.
- Bean cultures: beans, peas, lentils, beans.
- Hard cheese.
Consuming the listed products, you can saturate the body with vitamins C, E, B1, B6, B9, B12, unsaturated fatty acids Omega 3, as well as calcium, proteins, fiber and other useful microelements. Nutrition, based on a complex of such substances, will very positively affect the general state of health, actively promote the restoration of the functions of the musculoskeletal system and, in particular, the affected ankle joint.
Harmful products with arthrosis
A diet for arthrosis of the foot involves the exclusion of such food:
- Confectionery products in which there is a cream.
- Meat of fatty varieties: pork, beef.
- Fatty dairy products: sour cream, cream, cream cheese, cottage cheese and yogurt with high fat content.
- Fish of fatty varieties.
- Buns, muffins and fresh bread made from wheat flour.
- Chocolate butter, pasta, cheese.
- Breakfast cereals, crisps, crunches and the like.
- Alcoholic beverages, including beer.
Arthrosis of the Shoulder Joint - Symptoms, Treatment, Diet, Nutrition
In its symptoms, arthrosis of the shoulder joint is a chronic ailment of a progressive nature.
The disease is that the cartilage of the shoulder joint, as well as the surrounding bone tissue, undergo dystrophic deformation.
Symptoms of arthrosis
Symptoms of arthrosis of the shoulder joint may appear for a long time. Often they are not taken seriously, referring to other ailments. However, in the case of this disease, the periods of its exacerbation increase and there are symptoms of arthrosis of the shoulder joint, like pain in the articular articulation region, which are amplified with the slightest physical exertion. Most often, this disease occurs among patients older than 40 years, as well as among professional athletes: volleyball players, tennis players and throwers sports equipment.
There are explanations and reasons for this - arthrosis of the shoulder joint is a disease that appears, as a rule, after getting serious injuries due to falls, bruises or sprains. In addition, such a disease can be the result of various inflammatory processes in the shoulder joint, congenital anomalies or deterioration of the blood supply to the joint. Microcracks and small deformations in the hyaline cartilage can also lead to the deposition of salts in the affected areas and further destruction of the cartilaginous tissues.
In its progressiveness, this disease can be of three degrees.
- arthrosis of the shoulder joint of the 1st degree can be detected by means of X-rays. aching pains in the joint are observed, with the arms movements practically unlimited. The duration of this stage can be from several months to several years.
- arthrosis of the shoulder joint of the 2nd degree is revealed by such symptoms as severe and persistent pain in the forearm or a crunch when moving by hand. The volume of movements, as well as the mobility of the shoulder are severely limited.
- at 3 degrees of arthrosis of the shoulder, permanent pain and severe deformation are observed. The mobility of the arms from the shoulder is almost completely lost. The joint is strongly deformed and looks like a protuberance.
In specialized clinics, not only medical methods of treatment of the shoulder joint are used, but also preventive. Drug treatment is usually reduced to the use of analgesics , which alleviates pain in the shoulder and cramps in the muscles.
Gymnastics for arthrosis
In the early stages of the disease, special exercises for arthrosis of the shoulder joint can come to the rescue. Correctly selected complex of such exercises will help not only to restore partially lost mobility of joints, but also to practically exclude painful sensations in the patient. Exercises are specific movements of the hands with a direct effect on the shoulder joints and can be applied to other types of joints( knee, hip).Such gymnastics with arthrosis of the shoulder joint allows to effectively control the development of the disease and has a beneficial effect on the affected areas.
Example LFK for arthrosis of the shoulder joint : sitting on a chair you need to put your hands on your knees, with your shoulders and hands should be completely relaxed. Without lifting your hands from your knees, you need to smoothly take your shoulders to the sides, and then repeat all movements in the opposite direction. In the same position, the shoulders can be slowly raised and lowered at a slow pace. It is also recommended that the shoulders rotate the minimum amplitude.
Treatment of arthrosis folk medicine - a strict diet
In how to cure arthrosis of the shoulder joint comes to the rescue and traditional medicine. Treatment of arthrosis of the shoulder joint with folk remedies provides for the observance of a certain diet, based on the use of food products of vegetable origin: freshly baked lobster salads, water tinctures made of golden mustache or dried herbs. In addition, folk treatment of arthrosis will be crowned with success if the patient regularly consumes apple cider vinegar, lemons with skin or a mixture of horseradish and honey juice. It will not be superfluous and specially prepared ointment, made on the basis of Vaseline, crushed roots of horseradish and burdock leaves.
Daily nutrition for arthrosis of the shoulder joint should contain a complex of vitamins, minerals and substances that favorably influence the restoration of bone tissue and regenerate the process of their renewal. The diet should include fruits, vegetables, foods rich in calcium and proteins. Medicinal preparations in the form of food supplements are also acceptable. Balanced and correct diet for arthrosis of the shoulder joint in conjunction with regular exercise therapy and physiotherapy is the key to improving the condition of the patient at any stage of the disease. It is important that the intake of medicines and exercises in special gymnastics are performed under the clear supervision of a specialist.