How is self-massage performed for cervical osteochondrosis
How is the cervical spine arranged and how is the nerve squeezed when it is bent
Cervical osteochondrosis is a disease that affects intervertebral discs. This ailment carries with it many unpleasant symptoms: pain, fatigue of the areas of the cervical-collar zone. Sometimes he grabs the upper shoulder girdle. With such a disease headaches are not uncommon.
Self-massage with cervical osteochondrosis can completely eliminate symptoms, improve blood circulation in the neck, slow the progression of the disease. Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine is a complex disease requiring systematic and long-term treatment. The goal of therapy is to eliminate pain syndromes in the affected area and begin to fight the inflammatory process. Massage of the neck-collar zone consists of such basic elements as stroking, squeezing, kneading.
Exercises for the neck and collar zone
Self-massage for cervical osteochondrosis can be carried out in any convenient position for you. The main thing is to relax your neck as much as possible. At first it is recommended to watch a video on this topic.
In order to improve your health, you must perform the following exercises.
- Strokes. You can just tilt your head forward. With two hands from the top down, stroke the neck with your hands. You should start from the nape of the neck, and finish at the front of the clavicle. Repeat 10-15 times.
- Muddling. Do the same exercise with one hand with a full neck. Gently squeeze the neck in the palm of your hand.
- Rubbing. Close four fingers, hold them in diseased areas. Lightly press and in a circular motion, perform the rubbing operations. You should feel the relaxation of tired muscles.
- With your right hand, massage the left upper part of the scapula. This exercise can be done through clothing. Then change the hand and the side of the massage.
- Grab your head with your hands. This exercise for the neck with osteochondrosis is better done with your thumbs. Feel the place where the neck connects to the head - the base of the skull. It is behind the ears in the nape of the neck. Massage this area of the collar zone.
- With this disease, it will not be superfluous to massage the shoulders. To do this, with your right hand, massaging, warm up the left humerus and deltoid muscles. Repeat all manipulations with your left hand on your right shoulder.
- Vibration. This exercise is performed at the expense of sharp, low-pressure touches of the neck and upper shoulder girdle. Touch can be plucked. Four fingers work, they are slightly tense. Alternate the plucked touches by patting on the areas to be massaged.
Self-massage of the collar zone - a simple procedure, it is able to perform any person. Doing a massage every day, you will feel a week later that the neck is no longer tired.
Self-massage of hands and fingers, knee
Self-massage of hands and fingers is simple enough, but it allows to remove fatigue of muscles and joints, restore blood circulation.
- Rinsing brushes. Vigorously rub the outer and inner sides of the brush. Rub your palms as if you were frozen and want to keep warm. Perform at least 15 seconds.
- With your right hand, grasp the thumb of your left hand. Sliding motion, pull it, slightly twisting the arm. You should feel how the friction of the fingers of your left hand becomes warm. Change your hands and repeat these steps.
- With plaster movements, massage the underside of the palm from the wrist to the base of the little finger.
- Connect the fingers of one palm together, as if forming a boat. The second hand grasp the brush and, as in the second exercise, draw from the wrist to the fingertips. Alternate these movements with the capture and release of the brush( as if you feel the brush).
- Castle. Take the brush into the castle. Rotate your hands a little, wring your wrists. Then, holding your hands in the lock, use your thumb to perform the rubbing movements in the second brush. Walk around the entire brush and change your hand.
The knee joint is constantly stressed: when the body is in an upright position, doing sports, being overweight or having a flat foot. In order to prevent the occurrence of knee diseases such as arthritis and arthrosis, you need to take care of your knees. Although arthritis and arthrosis of the knee joint are manifested in the elderly, they begin to develop much earlier. Their first symptoms may be fatigue, pain and crunch in the joints.
Self-massage of the knee joint is prescribed for the progression of this disease. There is a whole complex of exercises, including grinding, warming, massaging and movement of the joints. Its best to perform sitting. One session - no less than 15 minutes.
Gymnastics in coxarthrosis of the hip joint
In the affected joint, the interosseous joint narrows, the cartilaginous tissue is depleted and bone proliferation of the
appears. With coxarthrosis of the hip joint, cartilage destruction is observed, it loses its strength and elasticity. Its surface becomes dry and rough, the cartilage decreases. Emerging growths interfere with the full movement of the joint and can be the cause of its deformation, leading to inflammation.
In coxarthrosis of the hip joint, the main element of the treatment is a decrease in the mobility of the diseased joints with the gradual elimination of pain by massage. Surgery is prescribed only at the last stage of the disease. Appoint a therapeutic complex of exercises should the doctor.
In coxarthrosis, the gymnastics includes the following exercises.
- Performed lying on the floor, belly down. Smoothly lift one leg. Try not to bend the knee. Fix the foot at 15 cm from the floor for as long as you can. Slowly lower your leg. Repeat the same with the second leg.
- Lying sideways on the floor, raise the upper leg by 10-15 cm. Turn over on the other side and repeat these actions with the second leg.
- Lying on your back, bend your knees and spread to the width of your shoulders. Try to maximally raise the pelvis, lock in the upper position and gently drop. Repeat this action is necessary 7-10 times, with coxarthrosis of the hip joint, its benefit is difficult to overestimate.
- Sitting on a chair, try to straighten the leg, unbending in the knee, and then slowly lower it. Repeat the second leg. Make at least 5 lifts for each leg.
Only a doctor can diagnose "coxarthrosis of the hip joint".He must prescribe a treatment and pick up exercises that help fight the disease.
The course of exercise therapy in coxarthrosis of the hip joint: video
Coxarthrosis is a serious disease that requires complex treatment. The patient can be helped by swimming, exercise therapy, moderate exercise. The course of treatment is prescribed by a doctor, and the intensity of the exercise is determined depending on the degree of development of the disease. In coxarthrosis of the hip joint, it is very important to exert a correct influence on the damaged apparatus. It prevents the fusion of the damaged joint and promotes the preservation of mobility. All exercises must be performed correctly and do not overload the body. Otherwise, such actions may harm the patient.
Rules for performing gymnastic exercises
For coxarthrosis of the hip joint, it is necessary to perform an exercise course, which is aimed at the rehabilitation of damaged areas. To date, there are various video tutorials that clearly show how best to perform the exercises. It is advisable for the patient to spend the first few sessions with the trainer, which will tell you how to correctly perform the elements, and correct your mistakes. But the use of video during training is also welcome.
All the elements in the hip injury should be performed slowly, without strong jerks. A damaged device must be developed, rather than injured even more. Most of the elements are not dynamic, but static. Accompany such a charge can be swimming and massage. Visiting a masseur( or doing the manipulation himself) is best before and after classes. If the physical therapy is accompanied by unpleasant sensations in the affected area, it is best to interrupt for a while, to abandon the exercise of an exercise that provokes pain, and stretch the affected area.
Patient should avoid sharp deep squats and strong range of movements. This can contribute to poor health. With coxarthrosis, it is important to alternate physical activities with water procedures. You can not go to the pool every day, but the patient needs it. Swimming will help to develop a damaged joint. But resort to this method of treatment is possible only when the patient's condition allows it.
After the course of gymnastics the patient needs to relax well. This will help a warm bath. If you have a pain in coxarthrosis, then take a hot bath. In the water, it is advisable to perform minor movements, which will help to eliminate tension in the muscles and painful sensations in the region of the hip joint.
When performing the elements, it must be remembered that the lessons should be regular, and the loadings should be moderate. If the patient experiences severe severe pain when performing the element, then this exercise should be removed from the general course. Painful sensations indicate that the joint can not withstand such a load, accordingly, the exercise has a harmful effect.
Exercise Complex LFK
This program is the most common and includes exercises designed specifically to improve the patient's health. With coxarthrosis, the performance of such elements is mandatory. It is worth considering that the doctor can choose an individual course of study, consisting of these exercises. All elements are made from three positions: lying on the back, lying on the stomach and standing.
If the hip joints are damaged, the course of the gymnastics starts from the supine position. The patient should stretch his arms and legs, stabilize his breathing. This is the initial position in exercise therapy. On inhalation, stretch your palms up, and on exhalation lower them. The element must be made 7 times. After that, go back to the starting position and perform an exercise to develop the knee and hip joints. Variably bend and unbend legs in the knees. Pull the heels to the pelvis and do not tear them from the floor. The element must be executed 10 times. The following exercise is important for the development of the hip joint. Go back to the starting position and turn inside the left leg. Then repeat the element with the other foot. Perform 7 turns with each limb.
Exercises lying on the stomach
For further kneading of the hip joint, it is necessary to roll over on the abdomen. Put your hands on your waist. Raise the head and the humerus by 5 cm from the floor. Hold in this position for 4-5 seconds. During this time, the patient should feel how the muscles of the entire body, including the thighs, strain. Make the element 5 times and go back to the original position. Now lift up your legs one by one from the floor and hold them for 3-4 seconds.
LFK in coxarthrosis includes only those exercises that are useful for patients. Fold your arms under your chest and lean on them. Squeeze the muscles in the pelvic region as much as you can. Hold in this position for 10 seconds and slowly relax. Now turn over on one side, lean on your arm and lift your foot. Take it back first, then forward and smoothly go back to its original position. If hip joints are damaged, it is important to perform the exercises slowly and carefully. Turn over on your stomach and place your arms under your chest. Slowly withdraw your legs in turns sideways and stay in this position for 3 seconds. Execute the element 10 times, alternating legs.
Exercises performed from the standing position of
For further kneading of the hip joints, it is necessary to stand and rest your hand on something. It can be a chair, table or wall. When the patient has taken the starting position, he needs to stand sideways to the support and begin to perform one-footed sweeping strokes forward, backward and to the side. In total, you need to make a movement 5 times. Then, to the support, you must turn the other side and perform the element again.
Return to the original position, lift one leg and make several circular movements first to the right, then to the left. It is necessary to repeat the exercise 5 times, but if the pain does not arise, then the element can be repeated. Now grasp the support with both hands( in this case it is better to use a chair), put your feet to the width of your shoulders and slowly crouch. The semi-squad should not be too deep. Movement should not cause painful sensations. Repeat the element 8 times. Return to the original position and connect the legs. Now smoothly rise on socks. Hold for 5 seconds and just as smoothly drop down. Make the element 8 times. If you regularly do this exercise, you can significantly speed up the healing process and improve your health.
Gymnastics for arthrosis of the hip jointCoxarthrosis( arthrosis of the hip joint) is a disease that develops due to degenerative processes and circulatory disorders in the joint, characterized by a gradual loss of its mobility and pain syndrome. Significantly slow the progression of coxarthrosis with the help of timely treatment, physiotherapy procedures, as well as medical gymnastics.
The tasks solved by therapeutic gymnastics in coxarthrosis
Gymnastics for arthrosis of the hip joint is designed to solve the following problems:
- To reduce the pain syndrome.
- Strengthen the muscles and ligaments of the joint.
- Reduce the destruction of the articular cartilage surface.
What exercises are useful for the hip joint?
The hip joint "loves" those types of exercises that not only strengthen the surrounding muscles, but also do not force the thigh to move intensively. For this reason, long walking, running, squats, all sorts of energetic legs with coxarthrosis can only exacerbate the situation. Favorably on the joint are static exercises, when the movements in the joint are performed smoothly, at a slowed pace and with a minimum amplitude( before the onset of pain), but with this there is tension and muscle training.
Typical set of exercises for arthrosis of the hip joint
- Initial position( IP): lie on the floor with your back up, legs put straight, hands straighten along the trunk. Raise the leg a short distance( the angle of the raised limb in relation to the floor should be about 150) and hold in this position for half a minute, and then quietly lower it. Do the same with the other leg.
- IP is the same. Alternately smoothly raise and lower the straight legs at an angle of 150, holding them at the top of the lift for a few seconds. Make 12-10 rises.
- IP is the same. We bend the right leg in the knee( angle of 900) and lift it a little distance from the floor, also holding it up for half a minute, and then gently lower it to the floor. Repeat with the left foot.
- IP is the same. Now we bend both knees in the knee( angle of 900), then slowly raise them slowly to a small height, hold them for 1-2 seconds and smoothly lower them.
- IP is the same. Slowly raise both legs, without bending at the knee, so that the angle between the floor and them is equal to 150. Then, keeping them in the raised state, smoothly bred and brought together 10-8 times.
- IP: we lay down on the side, bend the lower leg in the knee, the upper leg remains straight. Raise the upper leg at an angle of 450 and hold it for a half of a minute, then gently lower it down. Repeat by turning to the other side.
- IP: sit on the floor, keep your legs straight. Try to clasp your toes or feet with your hands, without bending your legs. We stay in this position for a few minutes.
Rules for exercise of exercise therapy in coxarthrosis
- When performing gymnastics, it is necessary to choose a position of the body that does not increase the load on the joint itself. Training of muscles is carried out by increasing the number of repetitions of movements in each exercise.
- Exercises with dosed weights also strengthen muscles, without overloading the joint itself. This is achieved by using a special cuff or rubber band attached to the foot in the ankle joint area. At the same time, exercises are performed slowly, without expanding the amplitude of motion.
- During the day it is better to perform several approaches for 10-15 minutes. There must be several hours between the approaches: this will ensure better blood circulation and nutrition of the hip joint structures, which has a beneficial effect on its recovery.
- Therapeutic physical training should be regular: that is, every day at least 5 times a week. However, it is contraindicated for the period of exacerbation of the disease, as well as if you feel unwell( for example, high blood pressure, etc.).In this case it is necessary to consult a doctor.
- Before performing the exercises for the hip joint, it is necessary to warm up the muscles properly, doing a general warm-up or doing self-massage, and after gymnastics, if possible, take a bath.
- In case of severe arthrosis, joint pain is not possible due to pain, therefore, exercise therapy is performed according to the method of micromotion, when the amplitude of movement in the joint is only 0.5-2 cm.
Prevention of complications development
To prevent the progression of coxarthrosis, experts recommend:
- Timely treatment of joint injuries.
- Normalize your weight.
- Adhere to a predominantly balanced vegetarian diet, drink enough water.
- Regularly perform exercises of therapeutic gymnastics.
Gymnastics with coxarthrosis
Coxarthrosis is arthrosis of the hip joint, which very often leads to its deformation. This is a fairly common disease and can occur in most cases in people of age. The causes of this disease, as a rule, are anomalies in the development of pelvic bones, asymmetric growth, different lengths of limbs, dislocations and subluxations.
Depending on the localization of the process, several types of coxarthrosis can be distinguished:
- Post-traumatic. Occurs after the traumas( fractures) of the composite elements of the femur.
- Dysplastic. Is an innate form of the disease.
- Involutive. It is an age-related disease.
- Dyshormonal. It occurs due to prolonged use of corticosteroids or antidepressants.
- Postinfectious. Occurs after rheumatoid, purulent or purulent-allergic arthritis.
- Intoxicating. Occurs when heavy toxic substances enter the joint.
- Idiopathic. Has a not clear origin.
Main clinical manifestations of the disease
Pain as the first sign of changes in the hip joint( pain in motion and at rest)
In the initial stage of the disease, pain can occur in the hip joint, and sometimes in separate parts - in the knee or thigh area. In most cases, it occurs only after a strong load on the joint and passes in a state of rest. With the progression of the disease, the pain will already be intense. Pain in the hip joint can occur in the groin and hip area and bother even in a state of rest. In a neglected state, the pains are permanent, they can occur at night. In some cases, pain can be cured only with pain medication.
What to do if the hip pain affects a teenager
The causes of hip pain can be very different, so it's best to seek help from specialists who will diagnose and determine the true cause of the pain.
At the very beginning of the disease, muscle atrophy can occur in the buttocks and thighs. This leads to the fact that a person can begin to limp, limbs can decrease. After the joint is completely affected, the changes result in the loss of normal motion functions. Therefore, in the beginning, the joint simply limits the movement of a person, and in a neglected state, coxarthrosis can immobilize a person.
Medical gymnastics with coxarthrosis
Gymnastics with coxarthrosis is prescribed together with conservative methods of treatment. It allows you to exercise a useful load on the joints and restore the full activity of the joints. However, in some cases, it can be contraindicated, so only a qualified doctor should prescribe it.
Which set of exercises to choose at the first stage of osteoarthrosis of the hip joint
For the initial disease, the following exercises for patients with coxarthrosis of the hip joints can be used:
- The first exercise is easy enough, you should lie on your back to bend your leg in the knee, then pull it back.
- In the prone position, you need to clasp your leg with your hands and press it against your chest, while the second leg should be pressed to the floor.
- Lying on your back you need to bend your knees and press your feet to the floor, after which you need to raise the pelvis as high as possible.
- Lying on the stomach, you need to bend your foot in the knee and try to lift it up as high as possible.
- Lying on one side and leaning on the elbow and palm, it is necessary to extend the leg and lift it upward.
- Sitting on a chair, you need to connect your knees and press your feet to the floor. Then turn the heels out and back. In the same position, you can hold the ball between the knees and perform the squeezing movements.
- Pulling your legs, lying on your stomach.
Therapeutic gymnastics at the II stage of the disease
Therapeutic gymnastics in case of coxarthrosis of the 2nd degree allows to improve the metabolism and the supply of nutrients in the cartilage. It is important that a set of exercises appointed doctor. In most cases, exercises are similar to first-degree treatment.
Complex of exercises for the III stage of the disease
When treating the 3rd stage of the disease, it will be most effective to perform exercises according to the method of V.D.Gitta. This technique is suitable not only for people who are seriously ill, but also for people who have the second stage of the disease.
- The first exercise: You need to lie on your stomach and stretch your arms along the trunk. You need to put a small pillow under your feet. Then it is necessary to roll from side to side, shaking hips with an amplitude of 2-3 cm. You can repeat these exercises 3 times a day before meals.
- The second exercise: You need to lie on your back, stretch your legs and slightly push them apart. Shake legs alternately inside and back with an amplitude of no more than 0.5-1 cm. You can put a roller under your knees.
- Third exercise: You need to sit down, press your feet to the floor and spread your legs to the width of your shoulders. After this, you need to reduce and dilute your knees without much effort. Amplitude should be 0.5-1 cm.
- Fourth exercise: It is necessary to make a loop above the bed, to put a leg in it, to relax and to swing from side to side.
- Fifth exercise: It is necessary to become a healthy leg to some elevation so that the sick leg hangs. She needs to shake from side to side, back and forth. For stability, you need to hold onto the support.
Is it possible to practice yoga with coxarthrosis - indications, possible benefits, rules for the selection of exercises
Yoga in coxarthrosis of the hip joint can be an alternative to performing exercise therapy, which is prescribed in all cases of the disease.
However, it should be noted that the usual exercises for hatha yoga are not suitable for everyone, and are forbidden for use by people with aching joints.
But there is a reasonable yoga, which is just used to treat diseases and does not load sick joints. It is aimed at improving the general condition of a person, and also allows to normalize his psychological state and fight against systemic diseases.
As a rule, the exercises are conducted under the supervision of a special instructor who monitors the correct performance of exercise, the intensity of the load, and also chooses a set of exercises. Between each exercise, you need to take a break and perform a special breathing technique.
Massage as a method of additional treatment of the disease
Massage with coxarthrosis of the hip joint can be applied at any stage, at 1, 2 , 3 degree coxarthrosis, before or after exercise exercise therapy. It helps:
- Reduce puffiness.
- Pull out the joints.
- Remove the voltage.
In the third stage of the disease, hydrokinetic therapy( massage with a jet of water) is often added to the usual massage technique.
Self-massage rules for coxarthrosis
Self-massage with coxarthrosis of the hip joint can also be effective in the treatment of coxarthrosis, the main thing is to comply with it according to the rules. Among them:
- It is necessary to rub, stroke and clap the joint and the area around it.
- Massage should begin with stroking the joint and end with the same.
- When stroking the back, you need to move your hands from the center to the periphery, and when stroking the hips on the contrary.
- You can not massage lymph nodes.
- Sites with inflammation can also not be massaged.
- With exacerbation of coxarthrosis and the presence of thrombophlebitis of the extremities, self-massage can not be done.
- The duration of the massage should be about 10 minutes.
- It is done every day for 3 weeks, after which it takes 3 weeks break and repeats.
Therapeutic massage of the hip joint in the second and third stages of the disease
In these stages, massage therapy is performed in a special massage room. Self-massage in this case it is better not to use, because not the right technique can aggravate the condition. Carrying out the massage at these stages is simply necessary, as it improves blood circulation, relieves muscle tension, and also promotes a speedy recovery.
What other additional therapies can be used for osteoarthrosis of the hip joint
In the treatment of coxarthrosis, physiotherapy can also be used in combination with other methods of treatment. The best results it brings in the first stages of the disease. Among the methods of physiotherapy can be identified:
Coxarthrosis of the hip joint 2 degrees symptoms, treatment at home lfk
The disease develops gradually and passes in three stages.
- In the first stage, the cartilage of the joint loses its moisture, and as a result, becomes less elastic and elastic. Then the destruction of collagen fibers follows. The cartilage becomes dry, its tissue is covered with cracks. The articular surfaces cease to glide and begin to rub, which, in turn, causes thinning of cartilage and their gradual destruction.
- In the second stage of the disease, the head of the femur, already devoid of protective cushioning, begins to deform, flatten out. The surface of the joint is enlarged, the growth of bone tissue occurs with the formation of osteophytes, which are often mistakenly regarded as deposits of salts. The capsule of the joint is reborn, wrinkled. The circulation of the articular fluid, the joint lubrication, and its nutrition deteriorates. The distance between the articulating joint elements is reduced by 50-70%.The destruction of the joint begins to increase rapidly.
- The third stage is expressed in severe deformation of the joint and almost complete disappearance of the joint space. The joint is practically immobilized, the cartilaginous tissue is almost absent. To help at this stage is capable only of surgical intervention.
Symptoms of the second stage of coxarthrosis
- Pain in the groin area becomes intense, spreads over the surface of the thigh to the knee, sometimes the pain is felt in the buttock. It never reaches the toes, and this is the main difference in pain from arthrosis from the one that causes damage to the lumbar spine, for example, a hernia. Pain occurs during the movement: a short walk, attempts to rise from a sitting position. The first steps are especially painful.
- In the second stage, pain can appear even at rest, and not only after physical exertion.
- Stiffness and limited movement at 20 degrees. It is difficult to pull your leg to your chest or take it to the side, it's difficult to put on your shoes or put on socks.
- A crunch appears in the affected joint during movement. It differs from painless soft crunching of joints, which happens due to the features of the anatomical structure of a person, its sound is rough, dry and accompanied by unpleasant or painful sensations.
- After motor loads, noticeable lameness appears.
- The radiograph shows a significant increase in osteophytes.
Treatment of coxarthrosis of the second stage
It is impossible to cure the disease by any one method, an integrated approach is mandatory. With the general efforts of the doctor and the patient, the first stage is completely curable. Coxarthrosis of the second stage can not be cured completely, since not only the cartilaginous tissue is damaged, but also the bones adjacent to the joint.
Nevertheless, it is still possible to significantly improve the condition of the joint, providing it with nutrition, normal blood circulation and widening the joint gap.
Treatment will maximize or even cancel the need for surgery. To address it is necessary to the orthopedist or the rheumatologist.
Treatment is usually carried out at home. Write anti-inflammatory non-steroid drugs( diclofenac, piroxicam, movalis), which relieve pain, vasodilator drugs( trental, theonikol), muscle relaxants( midolma), chondroprotectors( structum).Also very helpful in the treatment of intraarticular injections of hormonal drugs( Kenalog, hydrocortisone).
Ointments and gels in coxarthrosis are in themselves ineffective, as the diseased joints are located deep under the fat and muscle tissue. Relief comes at the expense of improving blood circulation and removing muscle spasm massage during rubbing.
To improve blood supply and reduce inflammation, physiotherapy procedures are performed: electro- and magnetotherapy, UHF therapy, light therapy and ultrasound treatment.
Also prescribed compresses, hip and joint massage. Massage gives a very good result, it should be done as often as possible. During the procedure, blood circulation improves, muscle spasm is removed and the distance between the articulations of the joint increases.
Sprain the joint and various orthopedic procedures designed to reduce the burden on the affected joint. Extension is carried out manually or on a special apparatus, the procedure allows to dilute the joint bones.
Manual traction is preferable to the hardware one, but this is a very laborious procedure and requires a high qualification of the specialist.
An obligatory stage of treatment is special gymnastics. Very useful for swimming.
Exercises for the treatment of coxarthrosis of the second stage
The main thing is to remember that absolutely all gymnastic movements must be performed as slowly and smoothly as possible, try not to feel pain so as not to injure the additionally affected joint.
- Lie on your stomach. Hands should be kept stretched along the body, legs should be straightened. It is necessary to slightly lift each leg in turn and leave it in this position for half a minute. After smoothly lowered. During the exercise, the stomach and pelvis should be kept pressed against the floor surface, and the movement itself should be performed using the muscles of the hip. The body can not be unfolded, and the leg can be bent. It is enough to rise to a height of not more than 15 cm.
Then, after a brief respite, the exercise is performed in a dynamic variation: 10-12 repetitions with a stop in the upper position for two seconds.
- Lie on your stomach. Hands should be kept stretched along the body, the knee of one leg should be bent at an angle of 90 °, and the second leg should remain straight. Slightly raise the knee bent in the knee, to a height of not more than 10 cm, and hold it up for half a minute. Make the exercise the second leg.
Then follows the exercise in a dynamic variation: 10-12 repetitions with the foot restrained at the top for two seconds. It is necessary to completely relax the muscles of the leg after it is lowered to the floor.
- Lie on your stomach. Raise your legs to a small height. Slowly reduce and dilute them, keeping on weight. The legs should be straight. Repeat 10 times. Exercise is not recommended for hypertensive patients and patients with a sick heart.
- Lie on one side, lower the lower leg slightly, and leave the upper one straight. Upper leg raise at an angle of 45 ° and hold for half a minute. Exercise should be done in turn with both feet.
- Lie on one side, lower the lower leg slightly, leaving the straight line straight. Upper leg raise at an angle of 30 ° and gently unfold it whole with the foot outwards;and then turn back inside. Make 10 such rotational movements. Keep your leg straight all the time. Exercise is performed in turn with both feet.
- Lie on your back, knees bent, and your feet stand on the floor, your legs are diluted about the width of your shoulders. Gently lift the pelvis, leaning on the shoulder girdle, and stand for half a minute. Also smoothly sink. Run once.
Then, perform a dynamic exercise method: raise and lower the pelvis with an amplitude of about 15 cm, stopping the movement in the upper end position for a couple of seconds. Make 15 swings.
- Sit on the floor, straighten both feet. Do not bend your knees forward and grab onto your feet. Hold for two minutes. This movement should be carried out strictly once a day and not more often. If the exercise is difficult to perform, then you can wrap your feet with a towel wrapped in a towel. During the exercise, the spine should be straightened, the head should not be lowered.
- Sitting on a chair, it is necessary to lift the straight leg as high as possible. Hold it at the highest point for a minute. Make 2-3 repetitions on each leg.
Gymnastics with coxarthrosis - video
The video gives working advice and exercises for those who have this disease.
After gymnastics, you need to self-massage. It is done in the sitting position, carefully massaging the thigh except the back surface. Massage is carried out by grinding, moving from the knee to the groin. Rinsing should be done about three minutes. At the end of the massage for a minute, perform gentle strokes in the same direction.
Properly selected, adequate comprehensive treatment and careful implementation of all medical recommendations will avoid surgery, eliminate lameness and pain, prevent possible complications, improve the overall well-being and quality of life of the patient.
Osteoarthritis of the hip: treatment and prevention.
Coxarthrosis or deforming arthrosis of the hip is a degenerative-dystrophic disease affecting the hip joint, it is primary and secondary. The causes of primary damage to the joint tissue are not clear, and secondary arthrosis develops as a complication of various joint injuries, congenital hip dislocation, Peterson's disease and other inflammatory diseases. Treatment of arthrosis of the hip joint is long and depends on the degree of severity of the pathological process.
The clinical picture for this disease is typical. It is characterized by pain in the affected joint, stiffness, lameness and shortening of the diseased limb.
Depending on the severity of the symptoms of hip arthrosis, three degrees of severity are distinguished: at the first degree, pathological changes are minimal, and at the third degree a marked shortening of the diseased limb with atrophy of the hip muscles and destruction of the joint tissues is observed.
Traditional medical methods of coxarthrosis treatment
All methods of coxarthrosis treatment are divided into conservative and surgical ones and are applied strictly according to indications: the first - the second degree of lesion is well suited to conservative treatment, but at the third one to restore mobility and return to normal life is possible only with the help of surgery.
Conservative methods of treatment of deforming arthrosis of the hip joint
In the complex of therapeutic effect on the pathologically altered joint, there are many means that, complementing each other, lead to restoration of functions, relief of pain in the hip joint and stabilization of the state of the cartilaginous tissue.
Drugs from the following pharmacological groups are used from medications:
- NSAIDs( non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) are prescribed in severe pain syndrome. Doctors like to appoint Piroxicam, Ketoprofen, Diclofenac and others.
- Vasodilators( Trental, Nikospan, etc.) are prescribed to improve microcirculation.
- Muscle relaxants( Midokall, Sirdalud) with deforming arthrosis are used rarely and with caution.
- Chondroprotectors( Rumalon, Dona, Structum, Chondroitin) are prescribed for the restoration of the cartilaginous tissue of the joint.
- The steroids injected into the joint( Kenalog, Hydrocortisone) are distinguished by an analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect.
- Locally used various ointments and compresses.
With good results in coxarthrosis, physiotherapy methods are used( electrotherapy, magnetotherapy, UHF, the use of lasers, light treatment), massage, joint traction, diet for control over body weight and therapeutic gymnastics.Gymnastics for arthrosis of the hip joint has its own peculiarities. All exercises in it should be selected individually, depending on the degree of restriction of movements in the joint. They should not be too energetic and sharp not to injure the joint, and should not cause pain.
The complex is usually made up of exercises that strengthen the muscles surrounding the joint. Shortly before the gymnastics you should perform a self-massage of the muscles of the thigh and hip joint, after it - take a warm bath. It is also useful to go in for swimming.
Video "Gymnastics for arthrosis of the hip joint"
In the acute period to reduce the load on the joint with coxarthrosis I-II degree, it is recommended to walk with a cane, and at III - with crutches.Do not miss the first symptoms of a hernia of the lumbar spine! In the absence of timely treatment, paralysis of the lower extremities may develop.
What is the hemangioma of the spine and what are its symptoms you will learn from this article.
Surgical treatment of coxarthrosis
At the third degree of this pathology, only surgical intervention is shown. To date, with good results, endoprosthetics of the hip are performed.
Endoprosthetics is the replacement of a damaged joint with an artificial prosthesis. This operation is technically difficult, with part of the prosthesis implanted in the femur, and the second part in the pelvic bone. The prosthesis completely copies the normal joint and is designed to perform the same functions and withstand similar loads.
There are about 60 modifications of endoprostheses, which are divided into single-pole and bipolar in type of prosthesis. Unipolar endoprostheses are used when the joint head is replaced, and bipolar ones - with total prosthetics.
According to the fixation method, prostheses are divided into designs that are fixed cementlessly, using special cement and hybrid endoprostheses. More popular prostheses with cementless fixation, that is, the bone grows into the surface of the artificial joint.
Endoprostheses are made of metal alloys and high-strength materials or ceramics, while the rubbing surfaces can be represented by pairs "metal-plastic", "ceramic-ceramic" and "metal-metal".More common is the "metal-plastic" option, but the "metal-metal" combination is more durable: such prostheses can serve for more than 20 years.Complications of the operation are nonspecific, the same as for any other surgical intervention: inflammation, blood loss, thromboembolism, pneumonia. It happens that the prosthesis is incorrectly matched or a fracture of the foot of the prosthesis occurs.
Usually, before the operation, the patient undergoes a full examination, after which he is hospitalized one to two days before the proposed operation.
The surgical procedure itself usually lasts from one and a half to three hours. In the postoperative period, antibiotics and pain medications are prescribed.
The complex of rehabilitation measures includes therapeutic gymnastics: on the second day the patient is allowed to sit down and perform static exercises to restore the strength of the muscles of the operated limb, on the third day the patient walks with crutches. Sutures are usually removed for 10-12 days. After that the patient is sent to a special rehabilitation center.
In 95% of cases after the operation the patient completely returns to normal life and can even play sports. With all the recommendations, the prosthesis can serve 15 to 20 years or more, after which the prosthesis is replaced again.
Video "Endoprosthetics of the hip joint"
Folk methods of treatment of coxarthrosis of the hip joint
At the initial stages of coxarthrosis of the hip joint, a good effect is observed from the use of traditional medicine methods.
- Lemon-honey tincture is taken three times a day for a month. The tincture is easy to prepare: three uncleaned lemon ground, pour three liters of boiling water, cool and mix with three tablespoons of honey.
- The tincture of the saber and the elecampane is prepared as follows: 60 grams of raw material is poured into half a liter of vodka, and the solution is insisted for a month. Take the medicine 30 drops 3 times a day and use it for rubbing.
- Cabbage leaf, smeared with honey and fixed to the sick joint with a woolen scarf, removes the inflammation.
- Ointment from celandine is applied three times a day to the area of the affected joint. Prepare the ointment as follows: 8 tablespoons herb celandine scroll in a meat grinder and pour a liter of olive oil, insist two weeks in a warm place.
What are the forms of humeroparous periarthritis you will learn from here
The most effective methods of treatment of intercostal neuralgia are examined in our article http: //osteokhondros.ru/ Bolezni-oporno-dvigatel-nogo-apparata / Mezhrebernaya-nevralgiya.-Prichiny-vozniknoveniya-simptomy-i-lechenie.html
A little bit about the prevention of
Active lifestyle, normalized loads and preventive examination once a year is a good prevention of any disease.
A healthy diet and regular exercise allow delaying the treatment of arthrosis of the hip joint for a long time.