Physical exercises after knee injuries
A large percentage of injuries are caused by knee joint damage. Therapeutic gymnastics is also prescribed after operations on the kneecap.
At the very beginning, you should perform the simplest exercises to maintain muscle activity, and strengthen the body's basic functions.
The patient, at this time, is recommended to perform exercises in a sitting and lying position.
1. Quickly move your toes.
2. Circular movement with a healthy foot.
3. Respiration is diaphragmatic with the participation of the abdomen.
4. Stress and relaxation of the muscles of both legs.
Then follow more complex exercises involving all parts of the body.
1. Exercise is performed in a prone position. The healthy leg performs the function of support, the arms are bent at the elbows. Slowly raise and lower a sore leg. Perform 5-7 times.
2. Exercise is carried out lying on its side. Move a straight, damaged leg in different directions. Perform 5-7 times in each direction.
3. Exercise is performed lying on the abdomen. Hands are elongated, serve as a support for the body. Straight legs should be raised one at a time, as high as possible. Perform up to 10 times.
4. Exercise is performed sitting on a chair. It is necessary to perform sliding motion with a foot of a healthy leg.
5. Walking on crutches, correctly distributing the load of the body to the feet. In the future, this will avoid problems with gait and posture.
After removal of gypsum, it is necessary to proceed to complex exercises for the proper development of the knee joint.
1. Exercise is performed lying on the back. Raising an alternating healthy and injured leg in a straight state.
2. Bending and turning the legs in different directions in the ankle joint.
3. The same exercise, only the turn of the legs in the hip joint.
4. Exercise is carried out lying. Reliance is made on a healthy leg, elbows, the back of the head. A slow lifting and bending of the injured leg in the knee joint is performed.
5. Exercise is performed standing on the knee of a healthy leg. In this case, the leg is lifted backward and lowered to the knee of the intact leg.
6. Exercise is performed sitting on a chair. It is necessary to seize various objects from the floor with your toes.
7. You can perform exercises on elongated legs, with a slow squatting to the floor from the edge of the chair. To lean, in this case, it is necessary on hands.
8. Use the ball for riding a foot with a sick leg.
For correct rehabilitation after a knee joint injury, it is important not only the right treatment, but also the diligence of the patient himself when performing physical therapy activities.
|Goods for the amount of|
Our joints can withstand a huge load every day, especially with regard to people involved in sports and just those who, due to their employment, are excessively mobile during the whole day. Therefore, it is so important to strengthen various joints and most often we resort to eating certain products containing various vitamins, but this is not enough. Fortunately, there are exercises that contribute not only to strengthening those or other joints, but also help to increase the elasticity of muscles. Next, we will answer in detail the question of how to develop joints with the help of various exercises.
This part of our body carries the most loads and, accordingly, is more vulnerable. Therefore, it is extremely necessary to perform exercises for hip joints, and it is recommended to include them in morning exercises.
- You need to stand upright, and your legs should be placed shoulder width apart. And make turns to the right, and then to the left. Stay at each turn for at least 5 seconds, and do not make sudden movements, so as not to disrupt the work of the spine.
- We lay down and bend one leg, after which we unbend and repeat this movement 15-20 times. Then repeat the same exercise with the second leg.
- We sit on the floor and straighten our legs, after which we try to get our hands to the socks, so that our knees do not bend. Repeat this movement about 15 times. We kneel and bend the toes, then bend back. Repeat this movement 12 times.
- The legs are set on the width of the shoulders and crouch on one leg, while the second one is straightened to the side. Further all the same we carry out with the second leg. Repeat 12-15 times.
- We spread our legs widely and try to lean forward with the body so that the elbows touch the floor. You need to repeat about 15 times.
- We sit on the floor, bending our knees so that one foot touches the other. Then press on your knees to touch the floor. Repeat traffic costs about 10-12 times.
All these exercises may not immediately turn out, if earlier you did not go in for sports, but do not worry about it, continue to make regular movements and soon the quality of their performance will improve. Also note that none of these exercises can not be performed abruptly, so as not to disrupt the work of other joints and spine. And the time for all this will take no more than half an hour.
These joints have not only great loads and complex structure, but they are also very vulnerable to hypothermia, diseases, infections. And they also suffer the most injuries. Therefore, many important exercises are for the knee joints and their regular implementation, which will take very little time, more precisely about 15 minutes.
- We place the legs on the width of the shoulders, after which the knees are slightly bent and rest against their knees. This position is most convenient for performing the exercise, which consists in rotating the knees in different directions. Do it about 2 minutes.
- We put the feet on the width of the shoulders and do about 10 sit-ups, so that the heels do not come off the floor.
- We put one foot forward and squat on it about 10 times, and the second one is left behind. After that we change our legs.
- We sit on the floor, resting our hands on the back, and we make the so-called "bicycle" with our feet. Perform about two minutes.
- We lay down on the back, raise our legs and bend them in the lap. Then rotate the knees to the right and left. We perform about 2 minutes.
- We kneel, leaving our hands on the belt. Then we sit down on the right side, then rise to the starting position and sit down on the left side. The exercise will take no more than 4 minutes.
- We sit down and cross our legs, after which we try to rise without the help of our hands. Do the exercise about 5-6 times.
- We put the feet on the width of the shoulders, leaving the hands on the belt. After that, we move our knees to each other, and do not tear off our feet from the floor. Perform about 10 times.
As you can see, the exercises are quite simple, but they are effective enough to strengthen the knee joints. The main thing is not to be lazy to perform them regularly.
Recovery after injury
So often we need some rehabilitation after fractures, which are haunting us in connection with various circumstances. After that we set up a gypsum to fix a part of the body in one position. This method is certainly the most effective in such a trauma as fracture. But after the removal of gypsum, our mobility deteriorates significantly, and with it it is difficult for us to immediately return to the old rhythm of life. But this can also be avoided if we know clear information about how to develop a joint after a fracture, which we will further describe and detail. And we will dwell in more detail on the elbow joints, as most often fractures arise exactly in the elbows.
- We get straight and adhere to the brush at the chest level in the so-called "lock".Then move the "lock" to the right / left, up / down. It is recommended to repeat this movement about 10 times. But if you quickly get tired, then it's worth moving on to the next move, and this is to continue after.
- We hold our hands in the "lock" on the back of the head. Then we lift them up and lower them. We perform traffic for about 2 minutes.
- Do massaging movements on the forearms with your hands, as if you are rubbing a cream. Do not exceed 2 minutes.
- Approach the Swedish wall and take your hands by the crossbar. Then change the grasp of the hands, bending the brush and actually elbows.
- We get straight, dropping our hands down. Next, with your hands do sliding movements up to the armpit, then lower and again do the movement. It is recommended to perform no more than 4 minutes.
- We take the gymnastic stick in one hand and throw it into the other, so that the arms in the elbows are bent. Perform about 5 minutes.
Similar movements are most effective in their impact on the elbow joints. And they need to be done about two weeks in the morning, after the removal of gypsum. In addition, that all this will take no more than half an hour.
All the above exercises are the main ones in strengthening joints. And if they are performed regularly, giving at least 25 minutes in the morning such a charge, then the elasticity of the muscles improve, in fact, as well as the condition of the joints themselves. This primarily helps to avoid various injuries. And, of course, improve the health of the whole body, which, after an 8-hour sleep, more than ever needs the development of all joints. Fortunately, now you know how to develop joints and you do not have to worry about the unpleasant situations that await us on the street, as doing a number of these exercises, you are less exposed to various kinds of injuries.
Exercises for the development of the knee joint take place during restorative procedures of the legs after the received injuries, fractures and joint diseases of a chronic nature in order to normalize the functioning and restore the correct joint mobility. The knee joint is one of the most complex articulations in the human body. It consists of the articular surfaces of the femoral, tibia, knee cap, which articulate with condyles. In addition, the joint is formed by the lateral, medial cartilage and meniscus. Knee joints are filled with synovial mass, which performs the function of nutrition and lubrication for articular surfaces, preventing their rapid wear.
The joint itself has a complicated structure and makes it possible for the tibia to perform rotational movements in a bent state, and also provides flexion and extension of the legs. The functional direction of the joints is to ensure the possibility of unobstructed movement of a person while in his body in a horizontal position.
The most common diseases of the knee joint
Like all joints of the human body, knees can be seriously injured and injured by mechanical action, damage, infection and so on. And strangely enough, but the most common of these are arthrosis, arthritis, bursitis, synovitis and osteoarthritis.
Arthrosis is a joint non-inflammatory disease that occurs more often in the female half of the population. Significantly complicates the disease phenomenon such as varicose veins. Quite often the development of arthrosis of the knee joint can be observed in professional athletes after trauma or excessive loads. The main signs of arthrosis can be attributed to minor pain that subsides when walking, swelling in the joints due to accumulated synovial fluid.
In the event that the excess liquid composition begins to be deposited in the periarticular bag, then the development of Baker's cyst is possible. In the absence of timely measures, the deformation processes begin to affect the articular surfaces, which is indicated by the appearance of characteristic crunches in the diseased knee during the movement.
As for arthritis, this disease is accompanied by an active inflammatory process in the body, while the disease affects the functional characteristics of many systems and organs. The main external manifestations of the disease include severe pain, deformity of the articular region, swelling accompanied by skin reddening.
Bursitis is an inflammatory process that occurs directly in the joint bag. The main cause of the appearance of bursitis is considered to be trauma to the skin with the possible spread of infection. This disease is specific and nonspecific type - it directly depends on the causative agent of the disease. In the first case, they are a stick of Koch, treponema or brucella. And in the second - pathogenic microbes. When brusite the main manifestation are painful sensations in the knee joints when making movements. The increase in volume for them is the norm. In addition, there may be a general intoxication of the body, and in the presence of gout and osteoporosis brucite can cause their exacerbation.
Synovitis is an active inflammatory process that occurs in the synovial articular membrane. And as the main reasons can be injuries and infection. When synovitis is largely limited to the motor capacity of the joint, accompanied by the accumulation of a significant amount of fluid, called in medicine effusion.
Osteoarthritis is a lesion of the knee and other joints exposed to deformation processes. Most often, this disease affects people belonging to the older age category, mostly women. With untreated osteoarthritis in the cartilage, serious pathological deformations occur, causing disturbances in the functional characteristics of the knee joints.
The development of the knee joint both after joint diseases and after a fracture with the presence of possible complications, detected immediately after the removal of gypsum, is performed with the help of a complex of physiotherapy exercises.
Complex of exercise exercises for the development of knee joint
Restoration of the knee joint after injury or endoprosthetics is performed with the help of exercise therapy.
Almost all the developed complexes of this plan have some similarity between themselves and are aimed at restoring the joint both during rehabilitation after the operation, and during or after the transfer of joint diseases. Exercise is quite feasible at home. To do this, you need to thoroughly prepare in the moral sense, since the recharging exercise will only benefit if you are conscientious and respect the system. The complex of rehabilitation gymnastics includes the following exercises:
- Should lie on your back and bend in the knee of a healthy leg. The painful leg should be torn off the floor and raised centimeters by thirty from its surface. Then hold it in this state for 10 seconds and slowly take the starting position. Exercise should be done 20 times in a row with small time intervals.
- The starting position, as in the previous exercise. Both legs should be bent at the knees, the heels are pressed to the floor. After that, the hind muscles should be maximally strained, having spent 10 seconds in this state. Then relax and make 10 turns.
- The starting position is similar to the previous one. Under the feet, you should put a small cloth roller. You can roll it from a medium sized towel, tied with braid. When pressing the feet on the shaft muscle should be somewhat strained. Then relax. Exercise 10 times.
- Lying on the floor, bend your knees. Put the feet exactly. After this, tighten the muscles of the buttocks as much as possible and stay in that position for 10 seconds. Relax and do it again. Exercise repeat 10 times.
- Take the starting position by turning your back to the wall. Bend the injured leg in the knee, lifting it as high as possible, to a 90 degree angle. Then stand in this position for 10 seconds. Lower your leg, relax. Repeat. The exercise is performed 10 times in a row.
xBack to Table of Contents
What other exercises are useful?
- Performing half-squats for training the muscles of a sick leg. Standing should lean on the chair with your hands. On a damaged leg, you need to sit down for a while and stay in this position for 10 seconds. Then take the starting position and repeat the exercise 10 times.
- Stepping on the stairs. To perform the exercise any march will do. It is necessary, without hurrying, to get up and down the stairs to the sensation of easy fatigue in the legs.
- Walking for training. Exercise is an ordinary 20 minute walk in the open air. Perfectly suitable as a rehabilitation after two weeks after the operation.
- Squats with a sore leg are performed slowly, with the help of both hands, which rest on the table. Exercise is performed at least 10 times in a row at short intervals.
- Standing straight, hugging one leg with your hand, you should bend it in the knee and direct the heel to the buttock. Then straighten out and take the starting position. The exercise is done 10 times with each leg.
- Straighten the leg above the floor and hold for 20 seconds. Exercise provides 20 approaches from each leg.
It is good to develop a knee joint to help running. Exercise should be performed only after the doctor's recommendations and permits. In addition, it is necessary to monitor your own condition and not subject your legs to overload.
Medical gymnastics is used in almost all cases, including the postoperative period of recovery of the knee joint. At the same time, it is the basis of rehabilitation plan activities.
How to design a knee after gypsum?
ooo is a familiar situation..me with this knee( which after the plaster did not bend at all) was put in the hospital. .. morons. ...
but in fact the treatment is simple.in the pharmacy you need to buy pine extract, add it to the bath, sit down there and fun every day to develop a knee.it will be painful, but it is necessary to endure, but not zealous.
then you need to sit on a chair, bed. ... so that the legs hang down and propped up with a healthy foot sick try to lower it and raise it.not straining your aching leg.
slowly bend and unbend
it needs to be done every day and for a long time.
Walk. ..carefully... The best way...
You can bend-unbend if very long in the cast. ..but in general after gypsum prikolno. ..- the leg SAMA bends and unbends, I was afraid that it would reverse at all( like a grasshopper's) first time. .))))))))))))))))))))
that the doctors did not say? ??Here rascals)))
Movement, and, small, excluding large amplitude, do not bring to pain, perform for 2 hours a day, you can at work, reading. I, for example, with my knee arthrosis, I took this: an ordinary stick, put it on the floor, put your feet on it and just roll it without pressing, while you yourself are reading and working at this time. This is for the joint well, and prevention from flat feet.
How to develop a knee after an injury?
Exercises for knee joint development after injury
knee joint development after injury
The knee joint has only one degree of freedom - flexion and extension. Therefore, it is rather difficult to choose a charge for its strengthening and resistance to transverse or torsional loads. And the very development of the knee joint after injury is an even more complicated and painstaking process.
The development of the knee after an injury occurs when the leg is in a suspended state. Thus, the joint does not experience stress and does not collapse, and the synovial fluid cleanses the joint surfaces and stimulates healing. It is necessary to remember about special massage exercises and the use of special composition of products.
gradual increase in loads;
Knee joint development after injury: basic exercises
Drawing on any fixed surface, you need to make shallow sit-ups. It should not be forgotten that after the injury the development of the knee joint requires patience and consistency. So, you need to exercise every day, 2 times a day. Each approach - no more than 10 minutes. It is important to avoid strong pain.
Often after the injury, general stretching and mobility deteriorates, this is due to shortening of the tendons without a prolonged load. Therefore, the rehabilitation of a damaged knee must necessarily include stretching exercises. Gently sit on the floor with straight legs and begin to stretch the body forward until light painful sensations appear.
Exercise so daily, 2 times a day, no more than three minutes per approach. After completing the exercise, stand back in the lumbar region and try to straighten your back. For most cases, 2 months of systematic sessions are sufficient to ensure that the knee functions are completely restored.
More: http: //vitaportal.ru/ travmatologiya-i-ortopediya / uprazhneniya-dlya-razrabotki-kolennogo-sustava-posle-travmy.html # ixzz2gUUPxok4
Compress medical bile at night. Wee smelly but effective. In the morning, the knee will bend
for a week 20 degrees is normal.1. In the prone position, we pull the toe of the leg on ourselves and back 15-20 times.2. We strain as soon as we can the thigh muscle in a lying position 15-20 times for 5 scores.3. in the sitting position, slowly begin to bend the leg.as you can, painfully reached --- counted to five ---- back returned.so once 10-15.It is better to keep the heel from the surface. An ointment any buy or purchase in a drugstore warming up( type voltaren an emulgel) with obezbalivajushchim to effect.2 times a day rubbing - do a light massage.