Causes of calcaneal spur
A heel spur( PN) is a disease that is a proliferation of bone tissue in the form of a coracoid or spiny bone protuberance in the area of the calcaneus calcaneus. How this disease looks in the photo, you can see in the picture below.
Causes and factors of the formation of the disease
The main reason for the origin of the heel spur is the physiological aspect of the disease. At the moment when the person is in a vertical position for a long time, approximately half of the total mass of his body takes over the plantar fascia, and the most significant non-rational load extends to the joint of the fascia and calcaneus.
scheme and roentgenogram of calcaneal spur
If such a load is permanent, there is a risk of micro-snaps that can be tightened by themselves, but if such a trauma becomes permanent, it leads to the development of inflammations with a strong pain syndrome, aggravated by thinning of fatty subcutaneous fat, which functionsshock absorber heel when driving. As a result of compensatory processes, marginal bone growths are formed, which are called "heel spurs".Bone spurs can develop from a few millimeters to one centimeter.
Diseases are prone, as a rule, to women over the age of 40.In the first place, bone growths occur in people who are overweight, associated with deposits of fat cells or a delay in excess fluid in the body.
In addition to everything, spinal factors are caused by such factors as diseases of large joints of the legs, osteochondrosis of the lumbar region with the disruption of the sciatic nerve, spine diseases, disruptions in the metabolic processes of the body - gout, disturbance in the process of excretion of salt deposits, which leads to their accumulation,disturbance of circulation in the legs in people with poor permeability of blood vessels, and in 90% of cases the development of the spur is due to flat feet.
This is due to the fact that with flatfoot changes the load distribution on the structure of the feet, in which there is an overstrain of the tendons, which in particularly difficult cases can lead to tearing of the tendon fibers from the underlying bones. As a result of these processes, along with inflammation in the tendons, inflammation of the superficial layers of bone tissue located beneath them occurs.
flat feet - one of the main causes of heel spurs
In addition to flat feet, spurs in the heels can also occur as a result of acute or chronic injuries of tendons and calcaneus, for example, with sprain or tearing of ligaments. Overloading of feet during the period of wearing uncomfortable shoes with high heels, bruises of the calcaneus, obtained as a result of jumps from a considerable height, also contribute to the formation of the disease.
Inflammation of the calcaneal spur can also occur as a result of some chronic inflammatory joint diseases, it can be psoriatic arthritis, polyarthritis, Bechterew's disease. When giving blood tests to patients with psoriatic arthritis or Bechterew's disease, specific markers appear, and in patients with gout, the level of uric acid increases significantly.
Also, pain sensations in the heels can be provoked by infectious diseases, for example gonorrhea, chlamydia, which do not always occur symptomatically.
To determine the true cause of this disease, you need to see a doctor and undergo a medical examination.
Symptoms and signs
heel pain with heel spur - the first symptom of
The main symptom of PN development is pain in the plantar surface of the heel( in other words, heel pain from the spur).Patients with a calcaneal spur experience severe pain in the foot during walking and prolonged standing. The main reason for the appearance of the calcaneal spur and the development of pain sensations is the plantar fasciitis, the inflammatory process in the plantar aponeurosis in people suffering from longitudinal flat feet, the deformation of a "hollow" foot and a flat valgus foot.
Causes of these inflammations can be chronic overstretching of connective tissue or micro-injury in places where fibrous connective tissues attach to bone. Inflammation of the calcaneal tuber usually ends with fibrosis or the process of replacing the cartilaginous tissue of the ligament with the bone.
Pain sensations intensify in the morning and cause significant inconvenience upon awakening. The patient is seriously given the first steps after a long rest, sleep, sitting. Pain with a calcaneal spur burning, sharp, piercing the heel like a nail when resting on it. Pain can be distributed both over the entire surface of the heel, and localized on its inner surface.
Pain sensations can appear suddenly, which indicates an acute form of the disease, and can develop gradually, which is typical for the chronic form of the disease. At the same time, patients involuntarily try to reduce the load on the heel, thus easing their suffering.
As a rule, patient complaints, physical examination and an X-ray photograph, allowing to determine the development of the calcaneal spur, are sufficient for diagnosing plantar fasciitis. If the calcaneal spur, if heel pain and other symptoms are absent, then it is necessary to conduct an additional examination and pass the necessary tests to establish the cause of the pain that can be caused by inflammatory diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, Bechterew's disease, Reiter's syndrome, one of the manifestations of whichis heel pain.
treatment of calcaneal spur with shock wave therapy( UVT treatment)
The most important condition for effective treatment of the heel spur is the unloading of the painful area. For these purposes, according to the doctor's prescription, orthopedic insoles with tabs of either the outer or inner longitudinal vault, grooves or a soft padding in the heel area are prescribed. As a temporary measure, it is recommended to use a cushion lining with a notch in the center - a discharge device.
To clarify the diagnosis of a heel spur, consult an orthopedic surgeon or surgeon, go through a complete examination, pass a series of tests to exclude other similar diseases, which also have pain in the heel area. The first thing to do is to take an X-ray, which will show the presence of a calcaneal spur, if the formation of bone formations has begun. In addition, the X-ray image will provide an opportunity to distinguish the heel spur from a fracture of the calcaneus.
We also recommend reading the article Medicines for the treatment of the calcaneal spur.
To prevent the development of the heel spur, it is necessary to take preventive measures to prevent premature wear of the osteoarticular apparatus of the foot:
- normalization of body weight, if necessary, avoidance of sudden jumps in the weight load;
- prevent overloading of stops;
- prevent the appearance and further development of flat feet;
- timely diagnosis and treatment of various diseases of the vertebral joint;
- use of orthopedic insoles with a heel spur and wearing comfortable shoes of your size is also very important;This also includes the use of a special heel pad with a heel spur;
- normalization of the circulation of the legs, the application of gymnastics and preventive massage;
- prevention of the development and progression of infectious diseases such as influenza, angina, gonorrhea, brucellosis.
Reasons for the appearance of the calcaneal spur
Heel spur is a type of pathological changes in the foot area, the basis of which is the chronic inflammatory process in the plantar fascia at the place of attachment to the calcaneus. Another common and more correct name for this disease is plantar fasciitis. It is used to a greater extent by foreign specialists, while the term "calcaneal spur" is a more common diagnosis of domestic doctors. A detailed description of one of the sections of this pathology, namely the cause of development of the heel spur, is given in this article.
Mechanisms of maintenance of inflammatory process with calcaneal spur
The opinion that the calcaneal spur is just a pointed bony growth that irritates surrounding tissues is vicious. Undoubtedly, this disease includes it, and it contains an even wider range of pathological changes. All links of the pathological process support the existence of each other, closing into a typical vicious circle. Among the main sequential pathogenetic elements of the anomalous chain, we can distinguish:
- Incorrect redistribution of loads on the foot either against the flattening of its arch( flatfoot) or weakening of dense tendon-fascial plantar formations.
- Excess load on the foot in general and the plantar fascia in particular.
- Chronic overstrain and overgrowth of plantar fascia with epicenter of force effects on the area of its attachment to the calcaneus.
- Microfractures of fascial fibers.
- The emergence of a slow inflammatory process in response to traumatism in order to replace the formed defects with a connective tissue.
- The continuing overstretch of the fascia against the background of its inflammation aggravates the course of the pathological process.
- Formation of the focus of chronic inflammation, which ends with the deposition of calcium in fascial bundles.
- The formation of bone growth in the calcaneal region, which causes additional traumatization and pain syndrome.
It's important to remember! The main manifestation of the calcaneal spur is a different degree of pain syndrome in the calcaneal region. The main mechanisms of the disease are associated with overload, hyperextension and microtraumatism of the attachment site of the plantar fascia to the heel bone and the inflammatory process caused by them. Therefore, the disease has another name - plantar fasciitis, which is more correct and reflects the true nature of the pathological process!
Predisposing and producing factors
A healthy foot is characterized by the following features:
- strong bones that are correctly connected to small joints and half-joints of the foot;
- is a strong tendon, ligament and fascia of the plantar area;
- well formed arch of the foot.
All these elements are extremely important for the exercise of walking and support function with the sole of the foot. Due to the correct arch, each episode of the soles contact from any surface during walking is softened and absorbed. Such a physiological protective mechanism protects all structures of the musculoskeletal system and internal organs from excessive shaking.
Schematic representation of calcaneal spur
If, due to certain reasons, the plantar fascia experiences extreme loads, it overstrains, becomes inflamed and loses its functional abilities. Lead to this can:
- congenital or acquired flat feet( increased pronation and flattening of the arch of the foot);
- general weakening of the structure of connective tissue formations in the body, in particular the plantar fascia( age changes, systemic diseases);
- increased foot loads( lifestyle and occupational activities, obesity and transient weight gain in pregnancy, hypertonicity and constant muscle tension of the posterior surface of the shin).
Description of common causes of the disease
The causes of the calcaneal spur are divided into predisposing and producing. The first create a prerequisite and a background for the development of pathology, the latter - directly trigger the inflammatory process. In each specific case of the calcaneal spur, the combination of these factors is of an individual nature. The general pattern is this: the more weakened or stretched the plantar fascia, the smaller the load can cause it to fail. But even a foot with minor anatomical and functional changes can be affected by the calcaneal spur against the background of excessive physical exertion.
Compaction of the arch of the foot
According to the views of foreign experts, it is the flattening of the foot of varying severity that becomes the main cause of the heel spur in more than 90% of cases. Even everyday loads on this background are enough to form an inflammatory process at the attachment point to the heel of the plantar fascia. Improperly installed on the surface of the foot can not create an adequate support. This causes a redistribution of the muscle tone, a hyperextension of the soft tissue formations of the plantar area, which provokes an inflammatory process in them and further aggravates the flatfoot.
Compaction of the arch of the foot - the main factor that increases the likelihood of calcaneal spurs
Elevated load on the foot
If the foot is in a constant voltage for a long time, caused by increased loads, then sooner or later there will be a secondary flattening of its arch. It is quite natural that against this background the unadjusted plantar fascia can become inflamed, which is manifested by the clinical picture of the calcaneal spur. To lead to this are capable of certain reasons:
- classes in power and other sports associated with high loads on the lower limbs;
- heavy physical labor;
- long stay on legs;
- pregnancy in the late term and postpartum period.
Additional factorsYou can also read: Treatment at the plantar fasciitis
Among the reasons for the development of the heel spur there are those that do not directly affect the onset of the disease. Their presence can enhance the pathological interaction of provoking and producing factors. Therefore, they are called secondary causes. These can be:
- Age changes in soft-tissue and bone structures of the foot, most often occurring after 40 years.
- Acute and chronic traumatization of the foot. Sometimes the origin of the heel spur is associated with a heel kick into any hard surface. This is the most common cause of calcaneal spur in young people.
- Diseases of connective tissue of a systemic nature. Persons with a history of rheumatoid arthritis, Bechterew's disease, lupus erythematosus, various arthritis have a higher risk of a calcaneal spur.
- Exchange disorders in the body. The most common disease is gout. Against this background, the heel spur appears much more often even in persons with a normal arch of the foot and is characterized by a persistent current.
- Diseases, accompanied by a violation of the arterial blood circulation of the lower extremities. Plantar fascia, devoid of adequate blood supply, becomes more vulnerable to stress.
Heel spur, being a relatively simple pathogenetic disease, has many causes of development. From the combination of all causative factors and congenital anatomical features of the foot, the likelihood of developing the disease depends.
The heel spur is a chronic microtrauma of the plantar ligament connecting the calcaneus with the anterior part of the foot. It is an osteophyte( bone growth) on the surface of the calcaneus.
This spiky outgrowth in the form of a spine compresses soft foot tissues when loaded on the legs, which causes characteristic severe pain. The sharp end of the osteophyte is usually directed toward the toes and slightly bent upwards. The size of the calcaneal spur varies from 3 to 12 mm. It can be detected by X-ray examination.
Heel spur: the causes of
Among the causes of heel spurs modern medicine distinguishes the following:
- High load on the heel area due to flatfoot;
- Age changes in bone tissues;
- Excessive foot stress when doing sports;
- Excess weight, fluid retention in the body and delayed excretion of salts;
- Complications after injuries;
- Common diseases: rheumatism, vascular disorders or nerve damage.
In 90% of cases, the development of the calcaneal spur occurs against the background of flatfoot .With flatfoot, the load on the bones of the feet is redistributed, which leads to an excessive tension of the tendons. As a result, their microtraumas occur when walking on uneven soil or stones.
Inflammation occurs in the area of the tear, the ligaments are scarred, their elasticity decreases, which again leads to microtrauma. Ultimately, the inflammation captures not only the tendons, but also the underlying surface layer of bone tissue.
Age Disorders .With age, the ability of tissues to regenerate decreases, and blood supply to the lower extremities worsens.
Intensive workout .Such sports as jumping, running, etc., imply an increased load on the osteoporosis stop and are a risk factor for obtaining minor injuries.
Overweight is also the cause of increased foot stress when walking.
Common diseases of the body .The formation of the heel spur can be the result of pathologies associated with metabolic disorders, for example gout, as well as a whole list of chronic inflammatory joint diseases: bursitis, Bechterew disease, rheumatoid arthritis, etc.
Heel spurs: treatment methods
Providing gentle foot conditions for the heel spur
It is necessary to reduce the load on the feet: to give up a long walk for the duration of treatment, from considerable physical exertion, weight transfer, jumps, high heels - the optimal heel height 3-4 cm
Under the heel it is possible to lay a foam rubber foam foam pad: give the material the shape of a shoe track and cut the hole at the location of the most painful patch on the heel. You can use special orthopedic insoles.
Application from metal foil is an ancient method of treatment. Food aluminum foil should be rolled into several layers and fastened on the heel with a wide adhesive tape. You can wear the foil all day, changing it in the evening for a drug application. Duration of treatment is 30-45 days.
Application and compresses on the area of the calcaneal spur
The effect of using folk recipes does not appear immediately, but 3-6 weeks after the start of treatment. And in any case, before using them, you should consult your doctor.
- Mix 40 gr.chicken bile, 20 g.vodka and 5 g.any shampoo. Strain the legs in hot water for 15 minutes, soak the mixture with a napkin, attach it to the sole, cover with cellophane and put on the sock. Leave the compress for 8 hours( at night).
- Bulk peel pour vinegar( in a ratio of 1: 1), insist under a tight lid for two weeks. The resulting mass should be applied to the diseased foot with a layer 1 cm thick, covered with an oilcloth on top and wear warm socks. The compress should be kept for 8 hours, done daily, but not more than 6 times in a row.
- 300 gr.root the garden iris in a blender( or meat grinder), place in a glass dish, pour 300 ml of alcohol, insist 15 days under a tight lid in a dark place. For compresses, the gauze cloth should be moistened in tincture and applied to the foot, wrapped on top with cellophane and put on a warm sock. Do the procedure every other day, the course - 10 compresses, in breaks, apply on the stop applications of Vaseline.
- Every day, prepare a slurry of ripe walnuts and apply it to the heel, put parchment paper on top and fix it with adhesive tape. Leave the medicine overnight.
- Apply a slice of lard to the spur and fix the compress with a bandage. Similarly, you can use a slice of raw potatoes.
- Grate the black radish on a fine grater, without peeling it from the peel, and apply to the spur the resulting gruel every day for the night, tying a foot with a bandage. The result should be visible after 3-4 sessions.
- Boil 6-8 tubers of potatoes in a "uniform", drain the water, crush and dilute with kerosene until the density of mashed potatoes. In warm mashed potatoes put the heels and keep until it cools( 15-20 minutes).Then rub your feet with a warm damp cloth and put on woolen socks. The course of treatment - from 4 to 12 procedures.
- Mix one teaspoon of honey and one teaspoon of oatmeal, attach the resulting cake to the steamed and dry wiped foot, fix it with a bandage and put on socks. Course - 10 procedures.
- Leave the aloe leaves through the meat grinder, then squeeze the resulting mass. Need 500 gr.juice of aloe. Pour 0.5 l of pure alcohol into the juice, 5 vials of the present valerian, fill 10 rastolchennyh tablets of analgin and aspirin( 0.5 g) and 2 tbsp.spoons of ground red pepper. Mix everything, pour into a 2-liter glass jar and press for 2 weeks under a tight lid in a dark place. Then make from the received tinctures compresses for the night, abundantly moistening the gauze in it and fixing the compress with cellophane and bandage.
- Mix 1 dessert spoon of tincture of saber and badger or bear fat, add 1 milled tablet mummy. Blend the mixture on a napkin and fix on the foot with a plaster.
- Tie fresh plantain leaves to the heel and walk with them until dry, then replace again with fresh ones. To wash leaves it is impossible, in this case they lose useful properties. You can apply leaves to the spur for 14 days.
- Take the yolk of a chicken egg and grind it with 1 tbsp.l.honey. This mixture is best done in the morning and put in the refrigerator. In the evening, steam up your legs, dry them dry and make a compress on the heels of a mixture that can be heated before the application in a water bath.
- Take a fresh leaf of cabbage and grease it with honey. Attach the leaf to the heel at night and bandage your foot. In the morning, remove the compress, wash the heel with warm water. The course of treatment is 3 days.
- You can do warm salt baths before going to bed - 2-3 tablespoons of salt per liter of water. The duration of the procedure is 30-40 minutes. After it's finished, do not wipe your feet, allow them to dry, then put on warm socks and go straight to bed.
- Take 550 mg of distilled water, 500 gr.purified turpentine, 100 gr.pure alcohol, 50 gr.crushed baby soap, 0,75 gr.salicylic acid. Distilled water bring to a boil, pour out, stirring, salicylic acid, add soap and cook until it dissolves completely. Pour the hot solution into a container of turpentine and then add alcohol. All thoroughly mix, store in a glass container under the lid. For the baths, add this emulsion( pre-shaken well) at a rate of 1 to 4 ml per 1 liter of water, depending on the tolerance. The duration of the bath is 15 minutes, the course is 12-15 procedures. When preparing the solution and its use, avoid contact with eyes. If you have abrasions and ulcers on the skin, you can not do such a bath.
- One of the best preparations of phytotherapy for the treatment of the heel spur is an alcoholic tincture of the swamp saber, which is sold in pharmacies.1 tablespoon of tincture should be diluted in 1/3 cup of water and taken three times daily before meals. The course of treatment is 20 days. If necessary, you can repeat the course again after 10 days.
- Well normalizes the metabolism of tincture on pine nuts. Rub 20 grams of pine nuts and pour 200 ml of vodka. To put on ten days in a dark, dry place. Drink the obtained tincture of two teaspoons before meals three times a day.
style = "display: inline-block; width: 580px; height: 400px"
What is the calcaneal spur?
Heel spur - X-ray
In fact, calcaneal spur is the common name of such a disease as plantar fasciitis. This is a degenerative-inflammatory disease of soft tissues that are located around the heel of the heel bone, at the point of attachment of the tendons of the muscles, the short flexor of the fingers and the square muscle of the foot. This is if scientific. And they sat down to speak in plain language, the heel spur is a cutaneous growth in the place where the tendon is attached to the heel bone. Precisely say what the heel spur appears, only a doctor can. The main signs of a calcaneal spur are painful sensations when walking.
Also, the heel spur is referred to such a disease as an osteophyte, that is, it is not cutaneous, but bone growth of the calcaneus. It represents a kind of spike and when walking compresses the soft tissues of the foot, in connection with which a person begins strong pain, which only grows. The size of such heel spurs can reach up to 12 millimeters, but usually it grows to 3-4 millimeters. The bony heel spur is pointed toward the toes with a pointed end, and its tip is slightly bent.
There are several conditions in which calcaneal spur can develop, but the causes of heel spur are associated with increased physical and weight load on the heel area. Several such conditions should be cited:
- Flatfoot. The foot is deformed in this disease and the person incorrectly puts a foot. Accordingly, the load on the heel is unevenly distributed.
- Age changes. An elderly person loses a confident gait and puts his feet wrong. In this regard, the load is mainly on the heel.
- Consequences of trauma. If the foot was once injured, and there were fractures or cracks in the calcaneus, the appearance of the spur is not surprising.
- Rheumatism, also can cause the appearance of a spur. If it is highly developed, then a person regularly experiences severe pain in the legs. And accordingly his gait changes during this period, and with it changes, and the load on the bones.
- Neurodegenerative disorders, congenital or acquired, can also become an incentive for the appearance of a spur.
Very often there is a common disease of both bones and soft tissues, that is, together are two types of spurs combined. And this condition, as a rule, is accompanied by inflammation of the mucous heel pouches, that is, the subclavian bursitis. One can imagine what a person with such a diagnosis feels. In addition to the basic methods of treatment, a diet with heel spur is sometimes prescribed. Its adherence can help reduce the inflammatory response.
The development of
is interesting, but at the beginning of the twentieth century the calcaneal spur was almost never met, and if it was found, it was associated solely with foot injuries. Today, she suffers a lot of people and most often are women and the causes of heel spurs are different. At risk are urban women with excess weight or flat feet. Also risk those people who are lightly referring to the choice of shoes, that is, wear shoes that are not in size or uncomfortable models, or do not look at what shoes are present in the shoes. We must understand that poor-quality and uncomfortable shoes are not only a threat to their legs, but also a load on the spine.
Who is diagnosed with the heel spike
The disease is observed equally often in adults and the elderly, in children, and the causes of the occurrence can be very different. It is very difficult to distinguish especially dangerous age groups. The only indicator detected is the fact that heel spurs are more common in women than in men. Young people who engage in sports intensively and do not spare their feet often get spurs. This happens from incorrect sports shoes, and from improperly distributed load, low-quality insoles are put in sneakers. If there is a need for daily training, then it is necessary to put orthopedic insoles into sneakers.
The main signs of the calcaneal spur appear as pain in the heel load. A man at first is simply unpleasant to step on his leg, and by the middle of the day everything passes. But with the development of the disease, the pain becomes stronger and becomes permanent. The heel hurts all the time regardless of the load or the position of the body and this is one of the symptoms of the calcaneal spur. Naturally, when walking, the pain increases many times. Many patients use crutches, because it is unbearable to tread on the heel. If neither of which is done, then over time people lose the opportunity to move normally, and forced to lead a closed, home way of life. This is very unpleasant, and besides, people constantly suffer pain. They are amplified, and as a result, a person can be on the operating table.
The legs hurt many people, but this does not mean that everyone has a calcaneal spur. There are many diseases that cause pain in the feet and even in the heel. This may be rheumatism, and Bekhterev's disease, and Reiter's disease and rheumatoid arthritis, their symptoms are similar to those of the calcaneal spur. Therefore, in no case should you engage in self-medication, and immediately you need to see a doctor, whatever reasons for the origin of the spur were not supposed, the diagnosis can only be made by a doctor. Such diseases are studied and treated by an orthopedist or surgeon, he will assign a radiograph to the patient, and possibly other tests. This is necessary in order to identify the exact disease, because the treatment of different diseases is very different. In addition, if it really spurs, the doctor will determine its exact location and the nature of development. In addition, it should be noted that the heel spurs can appear on both legs.
What causes the pain
Also I must say that the pain is caused, as a rule, not by the build-up itself, but by the inflammation of the tissue around it. The extent to which this inflammation depends and the intensity of pain. It also happens that a large growth does not greatly disturb the patient, since the tissue around him is not very inflamed. And the small process is barely discernible on the X-ray image, which brings the person unbearable pain. If the pain does not subside, and the x-ray of the spur does not show, the specialist additionally assigns an ultrasound. The heel spurs themselves can be very different.
It should be understood that the heel spur will not resolve and will not disappear by itself. It must necessarily be treated, treatment is long and unpleasant, but necessary. If you start the process on its own, you can bring yourself to disability and the operating table. The fourth part of all patients who have hepatic spurs diagnosed lose the opportunity to walk independently, and are forced to lead a home lifestyle. Often, even walking around the house becomes incredibly difficult, and the patient is confined to bed. But if some mobility persists, then a person is transferred to easy labor and he works part-time. If the spur is diagnosed by a professional athlete, then he has no way back to the sport.
It should be noted that when treating the calcaneal spur all efforts should be directed to eliminating the cause of the disease. And only in the second place to remove manifestations. If the form of the disease has passed to the neglected stage, then the doctor can prescribe an operation. But it is important to note that surgical intervention does not solve the problem, but only temporarily removes the consequences. The inflammatory process continues and after a while a new spur can grow. Therefore, doctors try not to resort to surgery.
Medication and physiotherapy treatment gives a much greater effect and its duration is from two to six weeks. Everything depends on the patient's condition, his responsibility in fulfilling the prescriptions and the form of the disease. Also worth mentioning is that there are a lot of folk methods of treating this disease, and even a diet with a heel spur. But they do not replace the treatment of a doctor, but they can only take off a sharp pain for a while. Therefore, to rely on them recklessly not worth it, and we must certainly contact a specialist.
Modern methods of
All possible methods for treating the calcaneal spur should be cited to make it clear that its treatment is not terrible, you just need to listen to the advice of a doctor. So, the methods of treating spurs are as follows:
- Change shoes.this disease may require special shoes, it can be purchased at the orthopedic salon.
- Daily carrying out of sessions of massage and medical gymnastics, it is simply necessary. No matter how painful and unpleasant it is to stop, because this is the only way to regulate blood circulation in the heel.
- Application of physiotherapeutic procedures, they can be as follows:
How to treat the heel spur, the causes, the prevention of the appearance of a spine on the calcaneus
- UVT( shock wave therapy) - for the microvascular repair of the calcaneal spur;
- massages and water procedures.
Observations show that the most effective means of relieving pain and treating the heel spur is UVT.With the help of UVT, soft tissue cells are restored and renewed, the metabolism in these tissues improves. Also there is a fly in the ointment - this procedure for treating the heel spur can not be carried out to pregnant and sick oncological diseases.
When treating the calcaneal spur, patients are recommended to minimize the load on their legs( less walk and stand) and only use comfortable shoes. The patient should be observed regularly with an orthopedic doctor until the pain passes( approximately one and a half to two months).
Prophylaxis of calcaneal spur with flat feet.
Everyone, of course, knows one simple truth - better to warn than to cure, but not all, unfortunately, act this rule. To treatment of the calcaneal spur this also has relevance. Especially this should be taken care of people who have flat feet - it does not matter in what form and degree, especially if they already experienced similar sensations - tingling in the heel region. The first means of preventing the heel spurs is to start wearing special insoles-arch supports.
If you are overweight, then you can reduce the strain on foot by using special foot gymnastics and a special diet( this diet is quite suitable).For those who work is associated with constant movement on their feet, water will suit: relaxing baths, swimming in the pool.
In the prevention of heel spurs, comfortable footwear is an important condition: it should not press and be with a wide toe, and the heel should not be more than 3-4 cm.
A good preventive against the appearance of a calcaneal spur is gymnastics:
- in a sitting position, bendand unbend the foot for 2 minutes;
- walking on a special massage mat;
- walking on the inner and outer parts of the foot, as well as on the fingers, - blood circulation improves and tendons are trained;
- by stopping a bottle or a ball, as well as picking up various objects on the floor with your toes.
For the prevention and treatment of calcaneal spurs, it is also recommended to periodically make contrasting foot baths from herbal infusions. In the warm season it is good to walk barefoot on the grass and warm sand.
Recommendations for the treatment of the calcaneal spur.
Treating the calcaneal spur folk remedies: buy a simple pharmacy ant alcohol, make a compress for the night, which is attached to the spot of the heel spur and wrapped in an ordinary plastic bag. In the morning, after sleep, remove the compress and spread the heel with any animal fat.
Such compresses should be repeated for 7-8 days( sometimes 2 weeks).Such compresses make the skin on the heel coarser, and it gradually flakes off, and under it appears a young pink skin. A person who has applied such a folk method of treating the calcaneal spur has not experienced any pain for five years already.
What doctors say about the treatment of the calcaneal spur.
Many people who experience pain due to the heel spur, first of all use folk remedies, but do not go to the doctor. Some especially zealous try to break( literally) heel spurs with the help of a stick, a rolling pin, walk on stones, etc., I experience infernal pains. But, despite the fact that the people's methods of treating spurs do not count, no one has cured this disease on their own. Many surgeons who have great practice say that they have not yet met a patient who has got rid of a calcaneal spur with folk remedies( to alleviate suffering, to relieve pain, and prevention is yes).And, on the contrary, many "treated" by such "murderous" methods, made out their disability. In this context, doctors recommend their prescription for acute pain relief with a calcaneal spur:
- in 10 liters of water at a temperature of 37-52 ° C, dissolve 5 tablespoons of sea salt, then add 12 drops of needle extract. In such a bath you need to hold your feet for 15 minutes. You can also make compresses from such a solution.
Recommendations of David Gendelman, surgeon, doctor of the highest category.
- treatment of the calcaneal spur is not a quick thing, when the exacerbation starts, it is necessary to try to load less of the foot: less walking, not lifting heavy, less standing. Of great importance is diet. Try to eat less meat, smoked products, spicy and fatty foods. It is important that the shoes of the heeled spur had the least possible heel. Strictly you can not wear sandals without a back strap, with narrow socks and high heels. If you do not have a special insole for some reason, you can use an ordinary insole made of felt material with a slot in place, where the calcaneal spur touches it. This spur reduces pain. In addition, it is possible to apply compresses based on medical bile. Doing such compresses for those suffering from a calcaneal spur is necessary for two months. Compresses from grated black radish and horseradish root are also good.
Now you know, how to treat the heel spine , what methods of disease prevention to apply and how to relieve the acute pain with spur. Improve your health and do not be ill!
Meet how to choose a sponge for the bathroom, from which materials are made natural sponges.