Exercises for the treatment of osteochondrosis( ASF)
Treatment of osteochondrosis of the spine will not be complete, and, accordingly, will not lead to the desired result, unless physical therapy exercises are conducted. LFK with osteochondrosis is the same as mandatory, as anti-inflammatory drugs, and physiotherapy procedures.
There is an opinion that exercises for osteochondrosis are not useful to everyone. Strictly speaking, it is. True, some sets of exercises can be carried out in the acute stage, while in bed.
The main thing is that these loads are minimal, sparing, and carried out under supervision and according to the recommendations of the physician-specialist LFK.
In any case, the complex of exercises is selected individually, according to the localization and stage of osteochondrosis, as well as the state of health of the patient's body. Nevertheless, there are some general provisions that must be observed with each treatment, by each patient.
- All dynamic loads in the sitting position are performed only in the phase of remission( fading) of the osteochondrosis
- . Before exercising the doctor, the general condition and some parameters are monitored - heart rate, respiration, blood pressure level.
- . Exercises are performed in a well ventilated and lit room.
- the patient should have a large, out of cotton fabrics, clothes
- Before classes and after, the hygienic procedures of
- are desirable. All exercises are carried out on inspiration, and the starting positionrinses on exhalation
- Exercises for spinal osteochondrosis should in no case cause painful sensations - otherwise they should stop
- All exercises should be performed regularly
- No jumps, jerks, lifting of gravity, and other abrupt movements - everything should be done smoothly and leisurely.
In this case, the exercises performed can be individual or group, when a group of several people is selected taking into account the similarity of pathology and condition of patients. The complex of exercises should consist of 8 to 12 exercises, each of which is carried out from 3 to 8 times. You should start with the minimum strength of the exercises, subsequently increasing the load, and reducing it closer to the end of classes.
In any of the types of osteochondrosis, occupations in the ward or in the gym can be combined with exercise therapy in the pool. The fact is that the water creates the most optimal conditions for unloading the spine. Below are the sets of exercises for osteochondrosis with localization in the cervical, thoracic or lumbosacral section.
Cervical department of
In cervical osteochondrosis, preference is given to the so-called.isometric loads aimed at overcoming resistance:
- Press on the right cheek with the palm of the right hand, causing resistance to the movement of the head. Exactly the same on the left side of the
- . Place the palm brush on the cheek on the opposite side. Overcome the resistance, try to turn the head
- Put on the forehead the woven fingers of both hands. Trying to tilt the head, causing resistance to the hands
- Similarly, place the woven fingers on the back of the head. Trying to tilt your head back
- Hands clenched in fists lie under your chin. In doing so, try to tilt your head down.
However, with cervical osteochondrosis of the spine, dynamic loads are possible:
- While standing or sitting, perform head turns alternately in each side of the
- . In the sitting position in the chair, with arms extended along the trunk, perform the head inclinations
- . In the standing position, lift the humeral girdle by 8-10sec., then take the starting position
- Maximize your head, lifting your chin.
Thoracic departmentAlso read:
Therapeutic exercises for back with osteochondrosis
The complex of exercises for chest osteochondrosis includes the following elements:
- Lying on the back, bend your knees. Lifting each knee one by one, and tilting the head to the top of the trunk, try to reach out to the nose with the knee.
- Sit on a chair. Try to reach out with one hand to the fingers of the opposite hand.
- Sitting on a chair, turn around, and touch the back of the chair with your hands. Then in the same way turn in the other direction.
- Sitting on a chair, put your foot on your leg. Then lean on the hip with the elbow of the opposite arm, then lead the shoulder anteriorly, as if twisting the spine.
- Sitting on a chair, push the backside with the shoulder blades and loin as much as possible.
Lumbar department of
Lumbosacral osteochondrosis is the most common form of osteochondrosis. The physical load here is aimed at strengthening the muscles of the waist, widening the intervertebral spaces, and stabilizing the vertebral column. Complex LFK includes the following types of exercises:
- In the supine position on the back, slightly bend the legs in the knees. In this situation, strain the abdominal muscles.
- Lie on your back, stretch your arms and legs. Then raise the head and upper body, holding them in this position for 10 seconds. The legs should not be torn from the floor.
- Lie on your back, bend your knees slightly. Next, put the hand on the knee of the opposite leg. Try to bend the knee, giving resistance to the hand.
- Do exactly the same with the opposite limbs.
- Lie on your back, arms and legs stretched out evenly. Then take your legs to the right, and try to turn your whole body to the left, maximally arching your spine in the lower back. Then exactly the same to do in the opposite direction.
- Get on your knees before the vertical support. Lean against the support of the head and hands. Then, in this position, maximally bend the spine in the upward direction, hold this posture for a few seconds, and then, in the same way, maximally bend your back in the direction downwards.
- Become on all fours. Maximize the back, slightly deflecting her first to one side, and then to the other.
All these exercises, although they do not completely cure osteochondrosis, but have a beneficial effect on the spine. Nevertheless, as already mentioned, exercise therapy for osteochondrosis is not shown to everyone, and not always. Physical exercises are contraindicated if the osteochondrosis of the spine is accompanied by such conditions as:
- Acute pain
- Postponed myocardial infarction
- Brain stroke with residual limb paralysis
- Any chronic diseases accompanied by cardiovascular and respiratory insufficiency
- Any diseases accompanied by a rise in body temperature, incl.and colds
- Blood clotting disorders
- Epilepsy and other heavier mental disorders
- Malignant tumors
In order to assess the general condition of the body and identify contraindications, it is necessary to undergo the necessary diagnostic and instrumental studies( X-ray, ultrasound, ECG, analyzes) followed by medical advice.
LFK in osteochondrosis of lumbar spine
Lumbar osteochondrosis is a fairly common disease in the modern world. It is a characteristic degenerative and dystrophic disorder of intervertebral discs and, as a rule, occurs among people 30-45 years old. Nevertheless, in recent years there has been a tendency to "rejuvenate" the disease, which is mainly associated with such a problem as a sedentary lifestyle of modern man. There are many ways to combat this ailment, but all of them require either surgical intervention or the taking of numerous medications, and therefore, should be used only in the most severe cases. And here LFK at an osteochondrosis of a lumbar department of a backbone - absolutely harmless and safe method of treatment.
What are the causes of lumbar osteochondrosis?
As already mentioned above, the main cause is considered a sedentary lifestyle, but this is by no means the only factor in the development of low back osteochondrosis.
Today, the following are the most likely causes of lumbar osteochondrosis:
- Weakness of the back muscles;
- Various injuries of the spine;
- Curvature of the spine, stoop;
- Working with weight;
- Long stay in uncomfortable position;
- Metabolic disorders;
- Prolonged heavy physical activity;
- Stress, psychoemotional disorders;
- Unbalanced load on the back muscles( soft cushions, mattresses, carrying a bag on one shoulder, etc.);
- Uncomfortable shoes.
All these moments indicate that the human body is designed for an active lifestyle, but at the same time all the loads must necessarily be balanced. Classes of physiotherapy exercises for lumbar osteochondrosis perfectly combine this. However, do not forget that the treatment of this disease should be comprehensive and one gymnastics is not enough to fully cope with it.
And yet, with the appearance of the very first symptoms( a feeling of stiffness in the back, pain and any other), you need to seek help from a doctor. After all, problems with the spine are very different, and can carry a large enough threat to human health in general.
LFK with lumbar osteochondrosis - preparation of
The most effective is a gymnastic complex consisting of several stages. And each subsequent requires more and more effort from the person. Thus, you can determine your initial level and subsequently build on the result.
For this it is necessary to consistently perform the exercises of each stage. And if you have pain or other unpleasant sensations, you should stop and return to the previous level of complexity. And you should carefully listen to your body at every training session. This technique helps to prevent deterioration of the state after performing a set of exercises for lumbar osteochondrosis.
Each stage includes exercises designed to reduce the deep muscles of the back and abdominals, as well as those that allow them to relax and stretch.
Therapeutic gymnastics for lumbar osteochondrosis
I stageYou can also read:
Physiotherapy for osteochondrosis
- Periodic contractions of the muscles of the press until the moment when there is a feeling of easy fatigue;
- Starting position: leaning on the hands and knees on all fours. Then the head rises and the back flexes slightly, and, conversely, the head falls, the back arises slowly. Repeat from 3 to 5 times depending on the state of health;
- Starting position: lying down, legs slightly bent at the knees, hands behind the head. The legs slowly touch the floor on the right side of the body, the shoulder blades also touch the floor. Such an exercise is performed up to 10 times, then the legs should be tilted in the opposite direction. This exercise should be performed in the form of "swinging" turns of the trunk;
- The next exercise is best done lying on a bed with a slightly raised headboard. Holding hands on the back of the bed, you need to pull up the upper part of the trunk, and the bottom at this moment, try to completely relax. Thus, the lumbosacral spine extends;
- When lying on your back, you need to pull the toes of both feet on yourself and try to stay in this position for 4-5 seconds, and then completely relax. Run 5-7 times.
The above exercises are simple enough to perform and are suitable for daily charging. Osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine is a disease that requires a person to constantly develop physically, and such morning exercises will promote a speedy recovery.
- Starting position: lying on the back with knees bent at the knees and arms stretched along the trunk. Leaning only on the feet and shoulder blades, try to lift the pelvis, and then slowly lower it. Repeat 4-5 times;
- Exercise from the first stage - "swinging" turns. Performing them should be clear and a little faster. Repetitions - 8-10 times;
- Lying on the side, you need to press each thigh alternately to the stomach. Exercise is slow, but until it stops. Repeat about 5 times( according to the state of health);
- On all fours, you need to creep gently under an imaginary obstacle. Run 3 times.
- Exercise from the 2nd stage. Both hips are pressed alternately to the abdomen. Perform a little faster. Repeat 3-5 times with each foot;
- Starting position: sitting on a solid surface, the back is straightened, the hands are on their knees. Slowly tilt the trunk back. Significant tension of the muscles of the press is a signal, after which it is necessary to linger for a few seconds, and then return to its original position. Repeat 6-7 times;
- Standing on all fours to lift the right and left leg alternately. Try to keep them level. Repeat up to 10 times;
- Several times a day to perform slopes from a prone position and standing, while trying to touch the legs with the breast. Repeat 6-7 times.
At this stage, the exercises are becoming more complex and the person must control his own abilities - in no case can one overdo it, as this can lead to overloading and the occurrence of undesirable complications. However, gymnastics for osteochondrosis of the lumbar region always implies a certain risk and therefore should be conducted under the guidance of an experienced trainer.
- Sitting on the knees bent at the knees( the heels should be at the buttocks level) and clasping their hands in the lock above the head should sit on the floor, leaving the heels to the left, then to the right of the buttocks. Repeat - 10-15 times;
- From the position lying on the back( hands along the trunk), it is necessary to slowly raise both feet simultaneously to an angle of 40-45 °, then also slowly lower them. Run 4-5 times with breaks of 5 seconds;
- From a sitting position with legs apart, it is necessary to lean forward until there is an easy pain from stretching the muscles. In this position, you need to stay about 3-4 seconds, then straighten up completely. Repeat 5-7 times;
- The starting position is on all fours. It is necessary to raise the opposite leg and arm in turn. Repeat the exercise 5-7 times.
All of the above exercises with lumbar osteochondrosis are certainly very effective, but one should not forget about deep inclinations in the lower back. They are used not only in medical, but also preventive measures.
It is important to understand that one curative exercise is not enough to completely get rid of osteochondrosis. For this, complex treatment is necessary, which can be properly assigned only by a specialist. Be healthy!
Physiotherapy for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine
The fight against osteochondrosis should be active and complex. For the prevention and treatment of this ailment are most effective:
- Massage or self-massage;
- exercise therapy.
Changes in vertebrae lead to neuralgic symptoms - radicular pains of different localization. There may be dizziness, pain in the hands and heart area, intercostal pain. If you do not carry out prevention, these symptoms increase. Let's consider one of effective measures of struggle - exercise therapy at an osteochondrosis of a cervical department.
Recommendations for the exercise of exercise therapy
The methods that you are offered will not require a special gym and equipment.
- This requires a mat and a well ventilated room.
- Gymnastics for cervical osteochondrosis should be carried out in comfortable clothing.
- Since breathing is difficult during exercise, they should alternate with respiratory gymnastics.
- Increase the load gradually. If any changes in the heart occur during the exercise, the activity should be stopped and consulted by the doctor.
- If pain occurs, exercise therapy should be replaced by relaxation and stretching exercises.
- Monitor the pulse.
- For acute pain, exercises with weights and abduction are temporarily excluded until the disappearance of painful sensations.
- Choose the program of the exercises and the complex of exercises after consulting with the doctor.
Effects of LFKLFK - an integral part of the treatment of osteochondrosis
In cervical osteochondrosis, exercise therapy can produce the following effects:
- Improves blood circulation;
- Strengthens the muscular corset;
- Low mobility of the vertebrae is eliminated;
- The volume of movements increases;
- Nerve repair occurs, pains decrease.
Contraindications to the exercise of exercise therapy
It is not always possible to carry out complexes of exercise therapy. Consider contraindications:
- Diseases in the acute form or exacerbation of chronic.
- Acute infectious diseases.
- Myocardial infarction.
- Neoplasms( malignant and benign tumors).Heart and aortic aneurysms.
- Threat of bleeding. Tachycardia and arrhythmia.
- Arterial hypertension.
- Myopia with significant changes in the fundus.
- Diabetes mellitus( severe form).
Dynamic exercises of exercise are based on external work, which is accompanied by periods of contraction and relaxation of muscles.
Initial position( IP): standing.
Raise your hands on inspiration up, stretch and look at them. On exhalation, return to the i.p.
During inspiration, take the right hand to the side while turning the body and look at it. Return to the i.p.on the exhale
Do the same with the left hand. Repeat the exercise five times.
- as in Exercise # 1.Slowly turn your head around, then up and down.
Repeat the exercises in each direction five times.
In the same IP.at the inhalation, pull the elbows back and remove the scapula. On exhalation, direct the elbows forward. Repeat five times.
Standing with arms outstretched, legs apart.
Rotate your hands with your hands. With each movement, increase the amplitude. Repeat five times.
I.p.- as in exercise number 1.
Make an inspiring spring to the right, while turning your head to the left. On exhalation, raise your right hand over your head. Return to the i.p.on inhalation. Repeat five times in each direction.
On inhalation, stand on your toes, lifting your arms up and bending over, look at your hands. Hand your hands aside, put them on your knees and make springy squats. On exhalation, try to touch your knees with your head. Repeat five times.
- standing, move your arms to the left in parallel and look at the brush.
Put aside the right leg, move the left leg back and cross with the right foot. Describe the circle with your hands. In doing so, look at the hands. Thighs must be immovable.
- Lie on your stomach.
On inhalation, bend and then raise your hands and as high as possible. Look at the hands. Return to the i.p.on exhalation.
Repeat five times.
Left leg left aside look left and jump on the right foot. On each leg, make up to 10 jumps.
After the exercise, go for walking, decreasing gradually the tempo.
- Stand and stretch your hands in front of you.
Take your hands to the sides and bring them together.
Repeat five times.
The peculiarity of static exercises is that for their execution the maximum effort of muscles is required, which act on a stationary object or maintain an uncomfortable position of the body.
This complex of exercise therapy can be used for cervicothoracic osteochondrosis. They increase flexibility and increase metabolic processes in the spine, contribute to the recovery of nerves.
- Exercises without weighting - with an effort to strain the muscles, the movements are very slow.
- Exercises with weights - maximally strain the muscles, the amplitude of movements is minimal.
- As a load, use your own weight, make movements slowly, with an effort tensing your muscles and holding as long as possible the pose.
- The technique involves a combination with meditation( focusing on a specific department of the spine).
In the process of these exercises, pain can arise, which gradually disappears, due to the stretching of the nerve trunks and individual muscles.In the process of performing the exercises, small pain sensations can arise
Complex of exercises
This complex of exercise therapy for osteochondrosis of the cervical department supplements dynamic exercises.
Tighten the muscles and with maximum effort turn the head to the right, look at the slow inspiration behind the back down. Take ip, relax the muscles in exhalation. Do the same in the other direction.
Tighten your muscles and tilt your head to the left with inspiration, while striving to touch the left shoulder with your ear. Do the same in the other direction.
Tilt your head backward with inspiration and hold the position. Relax your muscles.
Tilt your head forward with inspiration and touch the chest with your chin. I.p.
In each position, stay at least 5 seconds. Repeat each movement twice.
- Standing, put your feet apart, spread your hands palms up and to the sides and bend at the elbows.
Tighten your muscles. On inspiration, forcefully remove the scapula. I.p. Repeat five times.
- Lift your hands up and spread the sides. Stand on your toes, bend over and look at your hands. Then bend your knees a little. Take your hands apart and put on your knees. Touch the chin of your chest as you exhale.
Repeat five times.
Close your palms and attach them to your right cheek. Do not change the position of the head on inspiration, strain the muscles on your closed palms. Accept i.p.on exhalation, relaxing the muscles. Repeat the movements to the other side.
Inhaling, straining muscles, press your fists with your forehead, as if you are overcoming an obstacle. On exhalation, take i.p.
Exercise slowly, maximally relaxing the muscles between phases. Maintain muscle tension for 5 seconds.
Circle your hands with closed fingers and neck and head. Overcome the resistance of the hands, straining the muscles, and try to pull your hands up your head on inhaling. On exhalation, take i.p.
Repeat the exercise five times.
Make self-massage of head and neck. First, perform light strokes, rubbing, ending with light strokes. This will relieve tension and prepare you for the next exercise.
- on the stomach.
Tilt your head and touch the chin of your chest, with your hands, push the nape of the neck, overcoming the tension of the neck. Carry out 10 seconds.
Tilt the head as far back as possible, press down on the back of the head, overcoming the neck tension. Carry out 10 seconds.
Repeat each 3 times.
Close your fingers and place your forehead on them. Relax your muscles for 10 seconds.
- On the side, place the palm on your stomach.
On a slow inspiration stick out your stomach, on a slow exhalation - retract. Repeat five times.
- on the stomach.
Lean on the floor with the elbow of the right hand, place the chin on the palm of your hand. Put the left on the back of the head. Head to the left with effort, helping hands. Hold the pose for 10 seconds.
Repeat the exercises with the other hand. Perform each exercise five times.
- on your stomach, put your forehead on the rug.
Turn your head to the left, touch the ear of the floor, raise your head for 20 seconds above the floor. Return to the i.p.
All movements do five times.
After gymnastics for the cervical spine, perform a relaxing self-massage of the neck, making a bias on stroking, rubbing and deep kneading.
Gymnastics for osteochondrosis of the lumbar region( video, photo)
Treatment of osteochondrosis of the spinal part with the help of exercise therapy
If the doctors diagnosed "lumbar spine osteochondrosis" - the patient should think about lifestyle, nutrition, dramatically changing it towards activewith compulsory gymnastics and diet. If you ignore the diagnosis, and do not change your lifestyle, even after a successful medical treatment, the back osteochondrosis will return again after a while.
To treat osteochondrosis of the back, complex treatment is recommended, including:
- drug therapy;
- diet food, it is possible to prescribe a salt-free diet;
- therapeutic charge for the lumbar spine.
An excellent way to eliminate pain syndrome with back osteochondrosis - exercise therapy. With the help of this physiotherapeutic method, a strong muscular corset is created, the task of which is to maintain in a stable state and protect the spine from defeat by osteochondrosis.
Before starting exercise therapy for the back with osteochondrosis, it is necessary to eliminate the pain syndrome. This is done with the help of medicines - analgesics. If the patient's condition does not stabilize, then exercise can only exacerbate the disease, then charging for the back with osteochondrosis certainly will not help. As soon as the painful sensations are eliminated, after 2-3 days the therapy course can begin.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW!Doctors recommend! When back pain is needed. .. Read on - & gt;
General recommendations for exercise therapy
In the early stages, therapeutic gymnastics with lumbar osteochondrosis should be done in the supine position, since in this position the load on the spine is minimal.
If a weak pain occurs during exercise, a special roller is used that is placed under the knees. All LFK exercises are performed without sudden movements, slowly, smoothly, so as not to provoke complications. Performing exercises in prone position, the roller must be placed under the ankle joints.
Important! The complex of exercises for therapeutic and prophylactic gymnastics must be coordinated with the attending physician, since even insignificant, from your point of view, "deviations" from the individual complex will negatively affect the recovery. Before choosing a set of health-improving exercises, it is necessary to establish a diagnosis correctly, since degenerative processes in the intervertebral discs appear as a result of improper operation of the muscles of the back. In this case, therapeutic gymnastics with osteochondrosis as an additional therapy will be appropriate.
8 important rules LFK
Specialists in health gymnastics called the 8 rules, observing which you will get the maximum effect from the medical-improving charge for the back, and also for a long time keep the effect:
- Before beginning the gym, be sure to consult a doctor.
- Charge should be done regularly, ideally - in the morning of each day.
- We are engaged in comfortable, from natural fabrics clothes, avoiding hypothermia.
- During gymnastics, watch your sensations carefully: if pain occurs, reduce the load or stop exercising altogether.
- Do not make sharp movements while doing the exercises, do everything slowly, neatly, smoothly.
- Watch your breathing, do not delay it.
- While performing exercises for the back, make sure that the deflection of the spine forward - lumbar lordosis - does not increase, as this can provoke an exacerbation.
- Follow the individual set of exercises clearly.
What are the goals of exercise therapy?
LFK for the spinal part of the spine in conjunction with drug therapy are aimed at: • The
- does not allow the degenerative process of intervertebral discs to progress;
- to remove compensatory muscle spasms;
- to eliminate the pain syndrome that arose due to compression of the vertebrae of the nerve roots.
Before the therapeutic gymnastics, experts recommend a warm-up for the back.
- Position, lying on the back, pull the feet on yourself, then - to the floor. Knees alternately unbend and bend.
- In the position, lying on your back, slowly raise your hands up, and then, we start by the head.
- From the prone position, we pull the legs in the knees, then slowly lift the sacrum from the floor.
- Position lying on the back, knees bent - tear off the head and shoulders off the floor, stay in this position for 5 seconds, return to the starting position.
- Pose - sitting on the lap, hands rest on the floor with the palms of the hands. Alternately, bend the spine.
- In the position lying on the abdomen, alternately raise each leg 7 cm from the floor, keeping the foot for 5-7 seconds.
Therapeutic gymnastic complex for the back
The therapeutic and prophylactic complex for the back consists of several stages. The first stage - exercises are required to be performed without special stress, the second stage and the third - are performed with the greatest effort. On performance, scroll on the day 20 minutes, best to plan for exercise therapy morning time or one hour before sleep.
Complexes of gymnastics for the back are different for different periods, they should be discussed with the doctor individually, practiced with a methodologist for therapeutic and preventive physical education.
- Position - standing, feet set on the width of shoulders, hands - on the waist. Slowly, without sudden movements, lean forward, we return to the starting position. Further, from the initial position, bend with the straight back as far back as possible. Repeat 10-15 times.
- The starting position is the same, but the slopes are executed from side to side, we follow the back, it should be straight. We perform 10-15 times.
- Lying position: we strain the abdominal muscles, try, as if to squeeze the back into the floor. We stay in this position for 5-10 seconds, repeat 10-15 times.
- Lying on the back, legs bend at the knees. With the elbow of the right hand, we try to reach the knee of our left leg. We do the same, but with the other hand and foot. Repeat 10-15 times.
- The starting position - lying on the back: we stretch our hands behind the head, stretch ourselves well.
Therapeutic gymnastics for the back we perform 2-3 months, ideally - all life. Do not forget about the continuous control of the correctness of posture. Exercises, the force of their work, specialists choose, taking into account the patient's condition.
When can not I exercise?
Like all medical procedures, exercise therapy has its own contraindications and limitations. Do not exercise if:
- high temperature;
- , the instability of the spine department is observed( before the beginning of the exercise, perform an X-ray examination);
- on the background of worsening of the general condition - neurological symptoms increase.
LFK at an osteochondrosis for a back plays the important role as tones up muscles, well strengthens them. If the muscles are weak, the entire load and weight of the body "hang" on the spine, deforming the intervertebral discs, flattening them. Strengthened muscles of the back, lumbar spine create an additional corset, part of the load is taken over. And also, therapeutic exercises help to get rid of salts, as muscular and bone tissues at physical loads use them to compensate physiological losses. And constant active movements, gradually, day after day, like "grind" the thorns of salt, making them not so sharp and painful.
LFK with osteochondrosis
In the case of osteochondrosis, therapeutic exercises have a positive effect on the entire spine, it is able to strengthen it and, in addition to the treatment that has been passed, can even push medical treatment aside. This is a specially selected complex of gymnastic exercises designed for conservative treatment and prevention of this disease. The fact is that at the heart of the progression of such a disease as osteochondrosis are the processes of aging and destruction of intervertebral discs, a violation of blood circulation in them, and the reason for this is hypodynamia.A new look at the treatmentAs the former "hard worker" was able to get rid of arthritis and osteochondrosis for a month? Further. ..
The main principle of exercise therapy for osteochondrosis is the removal of pain, restoration of the mobility of the spine with the help of specially selected exercises. As a result, vertebrae begin to perform their main functions, support the spine, soften vibration from walking and prevent traumatization of the spine. Up to 80% of patients with osteochondrosis got rid of pain after treatment with the help of a course of therapeutic gymnastics. It is very important that the stresses experienced by the spine during exercise therapy are physiological in strength, intensity and directivity do not lead to overstrain of the muscles and vertebrae, excessive tension or other injuries.
Because of the fact that the osteochondrosis is divided by its location into the thoracic, lumbar and cervical, then the exercises are selected specific for each department of the spine. Only for the purpose of prophylaxis it is necessary to work out the entire spine when performing therapeutic exercises, paying more attention to the problem part without excessive stress, and of course under the supervision of an experienced instructor, at least at the first stages. Only when a patient masters the basic set of exercises and methods of their implementation, as well as safety techniques, then the instructor can allow to continue to engage in exercise therapy at home.
Therefore, before starting the exercises, you should familiarize yourself with the rules of their conduct and limitations.
- Physiotherapy exercises for osteochondrosis should not be performed during a period of exacerbation of the disease, with intense pain syndrome.
- Should not cause discomfort or pain.
- Complex LFK for stretching and tension of the muscles of the back should alternate with exercises for relaxation.
- Medical gymnastics is performed without sudden movements, smoothly. We must try to keep the correct posture.
- And even with the transition to home implementation of the therapeutic and prophylactic complex of exercises for osteochondrosis, it is still necessary to periodically see a doctor in order to evaluate and, if necessary, adjust the complex.
Special set of exercises for the cervical department
- It is necessary to stand up straight and spread your legs to the width of your shoulders. Slowly tilt the head in one direction to stay so for a few seconds, straining the muscles of the neck, as if resisting extraneous influences. You can create resistance by hand, pressing on the side of the head. Then slowly return to the starting position and repeat the slope to the other side. Perform 15 times for each side.
- From the previous starting position, gently tilt the head forward, stay so for 10 seconds, straining the muscles of your neck or pressing your forehead with your hand. Slowly throw back the head also overcoming the resistance of the hand. Return to the starting position and do 15 repetitions.
- From the starting position, you should turn your head to the sides, trying to touch the chin of your shoulder.
- You can chin with movements that resemble writing numbers from zero to ten. Such exercises can be done in breaks between work in order to relieve tension from the muscles of the neck and back.
- From the position of lying on a flat and firm surface, you should lift your head, hold it for 10 seconds above the surface, descend and rest for 5 seconds. Repeat from seven to ten times.
- From the position lying on its side, it is necessary to raise the head so that it is parallel to the surface, lock in this position for 10 seconds and lower the head. Repeat up to 10 times as muscle fatigue.
LFK instructors do not recommend circular movements of the head, as this severely damages the spine and can cause symptoms of dizziness and nausea.
LFK for the treatment of chest osteochondrosis
- Stand up straight and spread your legs to the width of your shoulders. Smoothly bend down and at the same time pull the chin to the stomach, and the shoulders to each other. Fix in this position for 10 seconds, and then slowly unbend the blade together, gently toss your head back and stand for 10 seconds. Make 10 repetitions.
- Do circular movements with your shoulders 10 times back and forth.
- Alternately raise the shoulders as high as possible, then lift them together, stay in the highest position for five or ten seconds and relax. All exercises are done for 10 repetitions.
- Make the slopes to the side, trying to reach out to the knee. Hold in this position for a few seconds and make a slope in the other direction. Repeat 10 times in both directions.
- Put both fists under the shoulder blades. As much as possible, to bend back, while pressing his fists against her. Stand a little in this position and gradually bend forward, wrapping your arms around yourself and stooping. Make 10 repetitions.
Physiotherapy for lumbar spine
- Stand upright, put your arms around the waist, set your legs apart to the width of your shoulders. Slowly bend forward, trying not to bend your back. Straighten and bend back as far as the spine allows.
- From the initial position, as in the previous exercise, do 10 inclinations in different directions, trying to maximally bend your back.
- From a standing position on all fours with a straight back, it is necessary to walk with your hands to the side so that the back is bent. Stand for 10 seconds and relax. Do the same in the other direction. For each side, do 10 repetitions.
- Lie on the bed or on the floor. Straining the muscles of the abdominal press to squeeze the back into the floor. To die for 10 seconds and relax.
- Lying on the back bend your knees. Stretch the elbow of the hand to the knee of the opposite leg, then another elbow to the opposite leg. Make 10 times for each side.
- You can stretch your arms behind your head and stretch your back as much as possible. Hold in this position for 10 seconds.
Therapeutic gymnastics does not accept sharp movements in the lower back, this only further traumatizes it. After doing all the exercises you need to rest in a relaxed pose. The complex of therapeutic exercises for osteochondrosis is fairly easy to perform and takes about 15 minutes a day. Just never forget that physical therapy should be controlled by a specialist doctor.
Therapeutic physical training in osteochondrosis is a complex of exercises that are performed on special devices( mechanotherapy), motion treatment( kinesitherapy), therapeutic swimming, health path( special walks on a certain route), occupational therapy. Complexes of exercise therapy can be divided into two main types( conditionally).The first group includes isometric exercises, whose task is to overcome the resistance of the muscles, which is created artificially. Their task is to strengthen the lateral, anterior and posterior muscles of the spine. The second group is represented by exercises with loads on the spine. You can change the amplitude of movements, load, starting position. This helps to strengthen ligaments, joints, prevent the development of osteochondrosis.
LFK in osteochondrosis also includes regular sports, especially if a person has been actively trained before. Bicycle, swimming and walking are welcome. Wrestling and weightlifting are prohibited, and the issue of playing sports will be decided only in conjunction with the attending physician.
And a little more about changing the way of life
When osteochondrosis should adjust the habit of life: less to sit in a bent position in front of the monitor, you need to do frequent breaks in work, sleep on a hard mattress and orthopedic pillow. It is forbidden to lift weights, the load must be distributed evenly on both sides of the body, instead of a bag over the shoulder it is better to use a backpack. Only an integrated approach can help to control an insidious disease - osteochondrosis. But the neglect of recommendations can lead to the development of complications.
Therapeutic physical training in osteochondrosis improves blood circulation. The goal of exercise therapy( PE) is to strengthen the back muscles, reduce the load on the intervertebral discs, and restore the spinal column. Before starting to exercise independently, exercise therapy, it is necessary to consult a physician or a physiotherapist.
LFK with osteochondrosis of the neck
Therapeutic physical training for cervical osteochondrosis should be gentle. The reason is that the cervical spine has a high mobility, and any sudden movements can cause blood circulation disorders in the arteries of the spinal column. Incorrect technique of performing exercises can lead to serious complications.
In the acute period of the disease, when the patient is in bed, short exercises( 5 seconds) are performed - contraction and relaxation of the muscles of the trunk and extremities. Obligatory breathing exercises and movements with your feet( without lifting the feet).As the pain is reduced, walking is allowed, while the neck is fixed with the help of the Shanz collar. You can perform smooth turns of the head.
Do not hold your upper limbs for a long time. While sitting at the table, elbows should have a support.
When the condition improves, you can begin performing resistance exercises:
- Lie on your back and gently press your head into the pillow. Linger in this position for 5 seconds, then relax.
- We perform pressure pressing the palm on the temple( alternately), with the overcoming of the neck muscles. Exercise is performed in both directions 3 times for 5 seconds. Each exercise ends with relaxation.
- We press both hands on the forehead, overcoming the pressure of the muscles of the neck. At the same time, we do not lift our head from the pillow. This exercise is performed 3 times for 5 seconds.
- We sit down on a chair and put our hands down. Slowly throwing his head back, then gently tilt it down, trying to press his chin against his chest.
To achieve the effect of a complex of therapeutic physical education for osteochondrosis of the neck should be performed daily. We bring to your attention the complex of gymnastics:
LFK for the thoracic spine
Therapeutic physical training in chest osteochondrosis promotes an increase in the volume of movements in the intervertebral joints, helps to weaken the muscle spasm. With the help of exercises, you can stop the further development of chest osteochondrosis:
- Raise each shoulder alternately up( down), then raise( lower) the shoulders at the same time. This exercise is useful for the cervical and upper thoracic spine.
- Perform circular movements of the hands - forward and backward. Exercise is effective for the thoracic spine.
- Press your hands against your body, and in this position perform the lateral torso of the trunk, trying to reach the knee with your wrist.
- Raise your arms above your head and perform lateral torso torso.
- Sit on a chair, lean on his back. The upper edge of the back of the chair should reach the level of the blades. Perform a deflection of the trunk back.
- Stand up straight, put your hands behind your back and connect it to the lock at the level of the blades. Bend back, while resisting with your hands. After a few seconds, relax. Each exercise can be repeated 2-3 times.
Do not forget about breathing when performing exercise therapy with osteochondrosis. Breathing exercises should be included in each exercise complex.
LFK with osteochondrosis of the back
Osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine is a common cause of calls to the doctor. Often, patients try to perform their own exercises for the lower back, which leads to an exacerbation of the disease. The complex of physiotherapy exercises must first be performed under the supervision of a specialist. All exercises are selected by the doctor taking into account the patient's condition and the presence of concomitant pathologies.
After removal of the inflammatory process and pain syndrome, you can perform the following exercises:
- Lie on your back, legs bend at the knees, hands put along the trunk. Raise the pelvis, leaning on the shoulders and feet.
- Lie down on the back, slightly bent legs, tilt both legs to the right of the trunk. In this case, turn the head and upper part of the trunk to the left. Repeat the exercise in the opposite direction.
- Lie on your side. In this position, bend the legs( alternately), trying to squeeze the hip to the stomach.
- Stand on all fours, leaning on the palms and knees. Perform the deflections of the back and waist, as if crawling under the bar.
For those who suffer from pain in the lumbar spine, it is recommended that the slopes in the lower back are performed.
We bring to your attention a complex of exercise therapy for osteochondrosis( video):
Gymnastics classes can be held at any time of the day. During physical education clothes should not impede movement. It is important not to allow hypothermia, there should be no drafts in the room. Do not hold your breath while exercising. At occurrence of a dyscomfort it is necessary to stop employment and address to the attending physician.
We offer you to get acquainted with the selection of FREE courses and materials available at the moment:
- Free video lessons from a licensed physician for rehabilitation of low back pain. The author of the lessons is a doctor who developed a unique method of recovery and treatment of all parts of the spine. The number of patients who have already managed to help with back and neck problems totals over 2000 !
- The 10 most needed nutrition components for the health of the whole spine - a report on this link will tell you what a daily diet should be for your spine and whole body to be healthy.
- Do you suffer from osteochondrosis? It is strongly recommended that you familiarize yourself with effective courses of cervical and thoracic osteochondrosis without resorting to medication.