Treatment of osteochondrosis of the shoulder joint
Cervical osteochondrosis is a serious and very insidious disease, which consists in degenerative destruction of the intervertebral space. In view of this, a person may experience a number of unpleasant symptoms, which, if untreated, will rapidly increase. Treatment of osteochondrosis of the shoulder joint is made and coordinated by a neuropathologist. Self-medication can lead to serious, and, often, unpredictable consequences.
Such a disease as osteochondrosis of the shoulder belt occurs in people in the age range from 30 to 50 years. It is treated extremely difficult, especially when in severe severity. Not timely or not full-fledged treatment can lead to a significant decrease in motor activity and, as a consequence, disability.
The causes of shoulder osteochondrosis are not numerous. Of course, not the correct posture and lack of exercise are the main reasons why the disease develops. It is the cervico-brachial syndrome that makes itself felt due to compression of 4 and 5 vertebral disks. Because of this, a person begins to experience unbearable symptoms characterizing dystrophic disorders in the articular cartilages of the forearm.
The cause of pain in the neck and shoulder area is a pinched nerve. It is because of this that a person experiences pain syndrome. To stop annoying pain, only special medications can be taken, which should be taken from the doctor's prescription.
Symptomatic in this disease is quite bright, so confusing osteochondrosis with another ailment is very difficult. Note the following symptoms:
- Pain in the neck and forearm, which increases during rest.
- Tiredness, apathy.
- General weakness and malaise.
- Nausea, vomiting and dizziness.
- Blood pressure jumps. Most often, the patient's low blood pressure is fixed.
All of the above highlights this disease, but despite this, this disease involves a certain diagnosis. In order to appoint a competent treatment to a neurologist, you must familiarize yourself with the anamnesis. For this purpose, radiography, tomography will be prescribed. You may also need a blood test for biochemistry.
Vitamins and diet
Treatment of osteochondrosis of the shoulder involves a complex effect on the focus of inflammation. To do this, doctors appoint a whole list of medicines that contribute to a speedy recovery. Speaking about the causes of the disease, we can not fail to mention the lack of vitamins and certain trace elements. The biochemical blood test, which will be necessary to hand over, will mark these gaps.
Most often, with osteochondrosis of any kind, in the human body, calcium, magnesium and iron are not enough. Moreover, a shortage of B vitamins is possible. This deficiency is associated with the destructive effect of dystrophic disorders in articular cartilage. Cells affected by it, rush to regenerate, so they derive supplies of calcium from the body. Not having time to fully recover, the cells are again subjected to destruction, after which they again stimulate their own regeneration with the help of calcium. Such a cycle causes a lack of trace elements in the blood of a person. To combat osteochondrosis, vitamins of group B are used. They enrich the body, stimulate microcirculation, increase immunity.
At the moment, pharmacies can find at least 5 names of vitamin complexes that contain more than a hundred useful micronutrients and vitamins.
Treatment of the shoulder joint involves a certain diet. Osteochondrosis is a chronic disease capable of "drowning out" its symptoms for several months, and then attacking the body with renewed vigor. Not eating properly can easily cause a relapse. Especially it concerns smoking and excessive consumption of alcoholic products. Ideally, of course, you need to completely eliminate the use of alcohol, but this is not possible to do in every modern person.
What exercises should I use for cervical osteochondrosis?Parents learn their children from an early age: Do not turn your head! This article advocates the opposite: twirl your head as often as possible, regardless of age. This in the future will help prevent osteochondrosis in the cervical region. But if this disease still overtook you, all kinds of exercises with osteochondrosis of the cervical department will help you prevent the development of the disease.
The neck is created by nature not only to keep your head on your shoulders or turn it around, which, by the way, becomes quite difficult with time, if you do not follow it and your health as a whole. In the neck are the spinal cord, all kinds of arteries that nourish the brain, nerve endings that provide the connection between the brain and hands, heart, lungs.
If the constant load is static and the movements do not "discharge" it, low-neck osteochondrosis can gradually develop. If you need to prevent the onset of this disease, strengthening the neck muscles and cervical osteochondrosis treatment with gymnastics will bring the best result.
What stages of the disease do you need to know?Cervical osteochondrosis causes arthrosis and degenerative-dystrophic lesions in the spine. At the initial stage the dehydration of the pulpous nucleus progresses, because of which the intervertebral discs "mix".After this, the fibrous ring that covers the pulpous core is covered with cracks.
At the same time, attachment points of ligaments and muscles approach, which leads to increased mobility of other vertebrae, which breaks the stability of the vertebral-motor system.
At the next stage, for example, protrusion, prolapse and arthrosis appear. This leads to the development of the disease, accompanied by the appearance of severe pain. With cervical osteochondrosis, their area of lesion is, as a rule, in the neck and head. At this stage, surgical treatment is necessary - physical exercises with cervical osteochondrosis are performed after this treatment.
Do I begin treatment?Surgical treatment is usually prescribed only if the conservative has been unsuccessful or the disease has already reached a severe stage. Surgical intervention is performed when compression of the brachial plexus has already occurred. Surgically, you can remove additional ribs, intervertebral hernia, cure hypertrophied stair muscles, etc.
But it is possible and conservative treatment. If you have not yet reached the last stage of cervicothoracic osteochondrosis, exercises can help cope with the disease. In acute periods of the disease, doctors recommend resting a sick limb, for example, with a support bandage. If special therapeutic gymnastics, manual therapy and post-isometric therapy do not bring the necessary mitigation, anti-inflammatory or analgesic drugs, physiotherapy and laser therapy can be prescribed. A good effect can also be injected with corticosteroids and anti-inflammatory drugs into the periarticular region - usually the course does not exceed three injections. In addition, compresses containing bischofite or dimexide may be administered.
Are there any advantages of exercise therapy for osteochondrosis?Osteochondrosis in childhood or radicular syndrome usually appears as a consequence of curvature of the spine. The appearance of changes in intervertebral discs is most often associated with an incorrect redistribution of the load due to curvature of the spine. When the disease only begins to develop the process of development of curvatures can be avoided by building a muscular corset. Exercise even on the diseased neck will improve blood circulation, help develop the back muscles and will help get rid of the pain.
Medical gymnastics can harm when already cervical osteochondrosis is "earned", if, for example, the patient feels severe pain. In this case, medicamentous treatment with non-steroid drugs can be prescribed, combining also manual therapy. Only after the completion of such treatment is prescribed a set of exercises.
Complexes LFK differ from each other in that they affect different areas where the lesion is located. If the disease evolved into a hernia stage, it is necessary to consult a doctor about the specific set of exercises.
Adults who have earned an easy form of osteochondrosis except exercise therapy can be advised to do yoga, pilates, go to the pool or to individual lessons in the gym. Children are best to choose a group of corrective gymnastics, or special exercises in the pool. On the other hand, the swimming section is also suitable, provided that the coach knows what exercises to assign in this case.
To be engaged in the proposed sets of gymnastics for the neck with osteochondrosis can be at any age, to do it best every day, gradually increasing the number of repetitions. Attention! Exercises should be discontinued if you experience pain during class.
Charge for osteochondrosisThe neck area is recognized as the second most common defeat with osteochondrosis, in front of it is only the lumbar. It is worth noting that both diseases are found, as a rule, in one type of people - these are employees of organizations whose work requires them to spend eight hours while sitting at a computer in a sitting position. Naturally, this way of life leads to the appearance of pain in the neck - today it happens rarely, and it can be very difficult to deal with the disease.
Rules for charging the neck
Before you start, you should note for yourself some simple rules that will eventually help to make charging not by some usual daily procedure for suppressing pains, but as a full-fledged medical element:
- To perform a set of exercises for cervical osteochondrosis,opportunities - this is especially important if you are an office worker, because such charging in case of cervical osteochondrosis does not take more than ten minutes, and you can perform it in a sitting position;
- In the mornings and evenings, every exercise should be performed standing;
- To make at least 10-20 turns and head inclinations, it is necessary immediately, when in the neck there are painful sensations;
- Combine any charging is desirable with a gentle self-massage of the neck;
- You should perform exercises for the shoulder and arms area, if possible.
If you really work for your computer for a long time, it is advisable to take a break for charging approximately once every hour. If this is not possible for you, then it is desirable at least every half-hour to spend a couple of minutes on the slopes of the head and slight rubbing of the neck.
Neck gymnastics for osteochondrosisRegular exercise simple exercises will eradicate any prerequisites of painful attacks with cervical osteochondrosis. Doing such exercises does not take much time and does not require much effort - you need to remember for ever several effective movements:
- Three times put your palm to your forehead and crush for about ten seconds, and you must always strain your neck. Then you can do the same thing, only with the back of your head;
- By analogy, it is necessary to press, only now first left and then right hand on the temple, also for ten seconds;
- Slightly tilting his head back should try to touch the ear to the shoulder, first right, and then left - the exercise is performed five times on each ear;
- Also, slightly throwing your head back, try to overcome the resistance of the straining muscles of the neck and press the chin to the jugular fossa. This exercise is performed at least five times;
- The head and shoulders should be straight. Slowly turn your head as far as possible to the right and left, five times on each side;
- With your chin down to your neck, turn your head first to the right, and then to the left, also five times on each side;
- Rotate in different directions, five times;
- Put your right palm on your left cheek and try to simulate your own head rotation.
Such a complex can be modified if you perform these exercises in a prone position. In addition, this complex is recommended to include in the morning exercises for the neck with osteochondrosis, and also to give time to it during the working day. Perform these exercises they can sit, standing and lying.
More complex exercisesThis complex should be performed only at the first stages of the disease or as a preventive measure. If the osteochondrosis of the cervical spine progresses to a severe form, the exercises of this section should be performed only after consulting a specialist.
In its quality, as a rule, one uses ordinary walking first on full foot, then on toes and, accordingly, on the heels. You have to walk until you get a feeling of warmth. After achieving this effect, you need to perform exercises to relax the muscles in the cervical region.
Exercises for relaxation of the neck
Standing up straight, hands must be freely lowered along the body. Straining your arms, hold them in tension for half a minute, and during this time straightening your back, dropping your shoulders and shoulder blades. Then relax so that your hands can sway freely.
Twisting of the cervical part of the
Such movements must also be performed while standing. Begin as though lowering the nape and at the same time twisting the cervical vertebrae. Try to imagine how the base of the spine moves forward along a rounded path. You do not need to tilt your head sharply - just try to lower the vertebrae down one by one. Ideally, you need to place your chin on your chest, without raising your shoulders. Straighten, move in the opposite order, as if "spinning" the spine. Repeat the exercise until the sensation of warmth in the neck appears.
Stand up straight, tilt the body so that it is parallel to the floor. Hands spread apart. Do not stretch your shoulders towards the ears - try to pull the crown forward and at the same time lower the shoulder blades in the direction of the spine. The blades should move like wings: with a swinging arm, pull the blades to the center with force. In this case, the hands must remain straight and move slightly back. Do not move your hands by inertia - try to make work only the muscles of the back.
Remember! This option of neck gymnastics for osteochondrosis is possible only at the initial stage of the disease and requires professional medical advice
Massage for osteochondrosis of the neckMassage of the collar zone is primarily prescribed to those people who do not pay attention to motor activity, as well as those who are accustomed to sedentary lifestyles. This massage allows you to relieve tension in the muscles and pain in the cervical region, relieve migraines and spasms, eliminates pain in the nape of the neck. Collaring massage can be cured of a whole range of diseases, in addition to osteochondrosis: neck curvature, hypertension and so on.
In addition, such a massage leads to a normal blood pressure, which causes blood flow to the brain to increase, and the body starts to work much faster and better. The only thing is to trust only the hands of professionals who perform quality massage - this allows you to relax, get rid of the strain of both physical and moral. After such a procedure, you will cease to feel tired, freshen up and be ready to return to your daily activities with new forces.
General advice1. Regardless of the form of diseases in the cervical spine, there is a direct relationship between vertebral pains and what causes tension of the muscles and their joints. For example, a draft or cooling can trigger an increase in muscle tension, which is usually the cause of diseases in the cervical region. To prevent this, it is necessary in cold, windy weather, with high humidity, and so on, to protect the neck, wrapping it, for example, with a scarf.
2. Massage the area of the temples if you have a headache. Many people suffer from pain in the neck and shoulder girdle, associated with pain in the temples. They are caused by strained muscles of the neck and shoulder girdle, in which temporal muscles begin to act. If you carefully massage the whiskey with your fingertips, you can partially or completely get rid of the headache. You need to do small in amplitude with a light effort, circular movements from the ear, moving in the direction of the eye.
3. Do not make a circular motion with your head. Rotating the head, especially with a serious stage of the disease of this kind is completely unacceptable. Such movements exert a strong load in the cervical spine, and primarily on its lower part. Sometimes this leads not only to aggravation of pain, but also to an increase in the "acute" period due to the huge amount of damage in the soft tissues - this may be the result of this kind of exercises.
4. Do not use devices that stretch the cervical vertebrae without consulting a specialist. The vertebrae of the neck are extremely sensitive to force. Therefore, not being careful, performing similar procedures, you can develop the cause of serious injuries in many points of the cervical department. Such treatment alone is fraught with the severance of two vertebrae, which cause the most serious damage in the spinal cord.
Methods of folk therapyHaving examined the symptoms and treatment of cervical osteochondrosis with gymnastics, it is necessary to note some folk ways of treating it. In some cases, hirudotherapy works well. You can come back to normal on average for five sessions, but quite often in patients develop allergic reactions to leeches.
Compresses containing table horseradish can be applied to the affected area in a warm form: grate the grilled horseradish and heat the resulting "porridge" and wrap it in several layers, then fix the compress.
Or you can try compresses on a mug: the leaves are washed with hot water, and also heating them. The compress applied to the painful joint is fixed with a bandage, and changes when the leaves dry out.
You can apply rubbing tincture of calendula on vodka - they also fight badly with inflammation. To prepare the tincture you need 50g.flowers of marigold: they must be poured half a liter of vodka and let it brew for two weeks, after which the tincture can be used.
You can also use a healing decoction of birch buds, mint leaves, coriander and dandelion root. Ingredients are poured with boiling water in equal proportions. An hour later, the broth is ready for use in a painful area - it should be rubbed three times a day, and after each rubbing warmly wrap up the affected area.
The rapid development of civilization brought with it not only a lot of benefits, but also such huge harm as hypodynamia - a sedentary lifestyle. This phenomenon began to grow rapidly around fifty years ago and today it has reached a catastrophic size. This has led to the fact that about half the population of the entire world suffers from osteochondrosis.
Pain in the lower back, cervical and back are familiar to many. In the phase of exacerbation, they are removed by medication with the help of anti-inflammatory and analgesic drugs. After strong pains pass, for treatment of illness prescribe therapeutic exercises for osteochondrosis. Such physical activity is considered to be the most effective method of treatment. Their main task is to strengthen and relieve spasm of the muscles of the back.
Training should be done daily, all exercises begin with five repetitions, then gradually increase their number to 10 or 12.
The complex of exercises for osteochondrosis includes exercises for the neck, spine, shoulder girdle, back and abdomen. When they are performed, you should not experience increased pain and discomfort.
Exercises for the neck
All exercises must be done lying on a firm, level surface. Movements should be smooth, the pressure force increases gradually.
1. Set the brush on the forehead. Start pressing on the forehead brush for about 6 seconds, then relax for 7 seconds.
2. Press the right hand brush to the ear. Press down on her head for about 6 seconds, then relax for 7 seconds. Repeat with the other hand.
3. Combine your hands on the back of your head.6 seconds press your head on the brush, then relax for 7 seconds.
4. Place your right hand on the angle of the lower jaw. Begin pressing, trying to turn the head in the direction of the arm. Do the exercise for 6 seconds, then rest for seven seconds and repeat the same with the other hand.
Exercises for the shoulder girdle
All exercises are performed from standing position.
1. Place your arms parallel to your torso. Deeply breathing, lift your shoulders up. A little stay in this position, after which, slowly exhaling, lower them down.
2. With arms down along the body, shoulder shoulders circular motions first forward, and then back.
3. The hands are lowered down. Deeply breathing, begin to take your shoulders back, so that the shoulder blades begin to approach, it is necessary to do this until the feeling of slight muscle tension between them. Slowly exhaling, return the shoulders back.
4. Raise your hands up to the height of the shoulders, then bend them at the elbows, so that they form a right angle. On exhalation, start to lower your arms in front, so that you feel the tension of the muscles between the shoulder blades, and the work of the pectoral muscles. On inhalation, go back.
Exercises for the spine
1. Lay your back on a flat surface, slowly exhaling, bend your legs. Grasp the knees with your hands and pull them to the chest.
2. Lying with your back on a flat surface, bend one leg in the knee, leave the other one elongated. Grab your arms around the bent leg and pull it to the chest. Repeat the exercises for the other leg.
3. In the prone position, extend the arms parallel to the body and slightly bend the legs. Slowly exhaling, put your feet on the floor in the right side, and turn your head and upper body to the left. Thus the backbone in the field of a loin should bend well. Hold in this position for 4 seconds, then on exhalation return to the original position. Repeat the other way.
4. Stand on all fours, arch your back, tilt your head down and draw in your belly, fix the pose. Then slowly raise your head and lower your back, while it does not need to bend in the lower back.
Exercises for the muscles of the back and stomach
1. Lie on a flat surface and straighten. Begin alternately to press the heel, the pelvis and the shoulder blades to the floor. Record each position for 6 seconds.
2. In the prone position, hold your hands behind the back of your head and bend your legs. Raise your head and shoulders slightly, while pressing the lower back to the floor. Stay in this position for 5 seconds, and then return to the original position.
3. Bend your legs and start lifting your pelvis, straining your buttocks. Make sure that the waist does not bend. Hold for 5 seconds, then go back to the original position.
4. Lie on your belly on the roller and place your hands in the sides. For a few centimeters, lift the top of the trunk and hold for 5 seconds.
5. Lying on your stomach, straighten your arms parallel to your torso and slightly spread your legs. Lift one leg up and fix the pose for 5-8 seconds. Do the same for the other leg.
6. Lie on one side. Lower the bend, and straighten the upper leg. Raise and lower the upper leg several times. Do the same on the other side.
7. Lie on your stomach, press your face to the floor, and pull your arms up. Raise the right leg at the same time. Remain in this pose for 5 seconds. Repeat for the other arm and leg.
8. Get on your knees. Tighten the press and pull back the leg, so that it is located parallel to the floor. Remain in this pose for 5 seconds. Do the same with the other foot.
9. Standing on your knees, strain the press, raise your right hand with your left foot. Return to the initial position and repeat for the other leg and hand.
Be sure to remember that all physical exercises for osteochondrosis should be done slowly and smoothly .It is strictly forbidden to lift weights, make sudden movements and jump, as this can lead to an exacerbation of the disease. Most often, exercise therapy is prescribed by the attending physician, it is selected individually according to the results of the tests. Due to the fact that the main symptom for osteochondrosis is a severe or dull pain in the neck, lower back, sternum, legs or buttocks, the treatment complex is aimed at fighting this pain. Depending on the departments of the spine and make a special selection.
Complex of exercises for the cervical spine
Head gently tilted back and touch the back of the neck. In this position, we try to draw it in the shoulders( vertically).Then gently lower the head forward and pull it in the same way. The chin should be pressed to the chest, the task of "maximum" with osteochondrosis is to touch the navel.
Head slopes to the sides with the fixation of the shoulders
The exercises are as follows: hold the line of the spine throughout the exercise straight. Movements should be smooth, and shoulders - completely motionless. We make the head tilt to the right, trying to touch the ear to the shoulder. Similarly, for the left side.
We represent that the nose and the back of the head are connected by a straight line. Focusing on her, turn your head( as if around the nose).We direct the chin upwards. Three variants of the exercise: keep the head straight, lower it forward and recline it.
We keep the head exactly on the same line with the back. Slowly we look to the right( then to the left) and for a sight we turn a head( to a maximum, as though in attempt to look, that occurs behind us).
Complex of exercises for the upper thoracic spine
Lifts and lowering of the shoulders
We do not move our heads, we keep our backs straight, our hands are at the seams. We lower our shoulders and try to pull our hands down with a little effort. Further, the humeral girdle is raised - with osteochondrosis, try to do this to the maximum possible, also with effortless effort.
Slopes to the sides
We press our hands tightly to the trunk. We make the slopes so as not to lift our hands from the body, but to slide them down. The task of "maximum" with osteochondrosis is to touch the tips of the toes with your fingertips.
The spine line is straight and even, we make a coccyx movement, as if scooping up water, and fix the pelvis in this position. Here from such a state we squeeze all the vertebrae, like springs, and then stretch them.
All parts of the spine, except for the upper thoracic, we try to fix and immobilize. We put hands on shoulders, we look directly before ourselves. Then we start taking our eyes to the right, the shoulder belt and the chest belt turn behind the eyes. Do this kind of exercise to the limit with light, springy movements. Similarly for the left side.
Complex of exercises for the lower thoracic spine
We perform circular movements with the shoulders, but so that the spine can also be felt. When you rotate your shoulders forward, your head is also tilted forward, your back bends, like a question mark. When we begin to rotate the shoulders back, the head is deflected there, and the back bends to the other side like an onion.
Fists rest against the back in the area of the kidneys. We try to reduce the elbows as close as possible, we bend our backs: imagine that he is a strained bow, and his arrows are fists. In this position, we try to flex slightly in the region of the spine. The chin should be pressed tightly to the chest. Then we perform the opposite action. We begin to "stoop".At the limit of the possible we try to bend a little more.
Circular spine rotations
Do this kind of exercise while sitting. We keep our back and head straight, on the same line. Turn to the right side of the head, then - shoulders, chest and start with light movements to try to "grab" as often as possible millimeters of space. One turn is twenty seconds. Similarly, we perform actions for the other party.
We put the feet at the width of the shoulders, and the feet - in parallel. The position of the pelvis is fixed, the hands are lowered on the shoulders. From this position, we look to the right, trying to look back, then slowly turn our head, behind it - the shoulder belt. In this position, we perform light springing movements with a small amplitude, then tensing, then relaxing. We get 3 types of twists in osteochondrosis: straight, with a slope 45 degrees forward and at a small angle back.
Complex of exercises for the lumbar spine
We put our feet to the width of the shoulders, the chin is firmly pressed to the chest. Gently bend the body back, trying to reach the heels with his hands.
Tilts back with arms raised.
We put our feet on the width of the shoulders, we fasten the hands to the lock above our heads. We decline back. Do this element of the exercise without bending the knees.
Slopes to the sides
One of the arms is lifted up, as if continuing the line of the spine, the other is lowered down. Lean to the side as low as possible, trying to reach out with a directed down hand to the heel. Similarly - on the other side.
"Examination of heels"
Exercises are performed as follows: turn around the left shoulder, slightly deviate back and with springing movements we try to examine the right heel from the outside. The legs stand still. The same kind of exercise is done on the other side.
And most importantly - all exercises for osteochondrosis should be performed with a positive attitude, no more than 10-15 repetitions, with calm free breathing, each time remembering the state of the back .Then the result of the complexes will be maximal.
Interesting: Curative gymnastics for cervical osteochondrosis
Unfortunately, when osteochondrosis has already developed, the use of curative gymnastics is possible only after the course of manual therapy and drug treatment. The reason for this is that in some cases, when a pain syndrome occurs, continuing physical exercises is dangerous and therefore prohibited.
At the same time, you need to know one thing: when scoliosis - the curvature of the spine - there is a tendency to osteochondrosis, which can develop later. Then preventive maintenance can be started in advance and expressed it will be in therapeutic gymnastics. A person of any age and any physical training can do such gymnastics. Its essence is to eliminate stagnant phenomena and keep the neck muscles in sufficient tonus.
If osteochondrosis is already present and preliminary treatment is performed, it is necessary to get a qualitative consultation with the attending physician about where the hernia is located and what exercises can be recommended for treatment. In most cases, they do not harm sports such as pilates, yoga, swimming in the pool - in their initial appointment they increase the level of physical fitness of the whole organism, increase the flexibility and mobility of the joints, improve blood circulation. If the doctor recommends the introduction of certain motor limitations, then pay attention to your condition - at the first sign of pain, stop physical activity. If you are dealing with a coach, then be sure to warn him about your problem, then the coach will pick up a set of exercises with a minimum risk for the cervical spine and will follow the implementation to exclude injury.
If your main activity is far from physical and is in sedentary office work with low mobility, use any opportunity to stretch and do some exercises.
In some cases at the first signs of cervical osteochondrosis at the beginning of the disease it is recommended to perform self-massage to warm up the muscles. In the absence of complications as a warm-up, it is advised to make turns with the head left and right and slopes at least 10 times.
Exercises for the neck should be performed standing, to ensure a natural and proper load on the spine.
In addition to exercises on the cervical spine, doctors recommend performing complexes for the shoulder girdle, which adjoins, and therefore is deeply associated with the operation of the cervical spine.
Therapeutic gymnastics for cervical osteochondrosis is aimed at improving blood circulation, developing muscle corset and increasing motor activity. It includes the following exercises, which can vary and vary. Each exercise must be repeated at least 6 times. Gradually increase the number of repetitions.
- "Sheep".Put the palm on your forehead and press it with your hand. Create back pressure with your forehead on your arm, straining your neck muscles. The exercise resembles the behavior of two stubborn lambs, hence the name. Perform the exercise for 10 seconds( 6 to 10 repetitions).The same exercise is performed, putting his hand on the back of the head. Place your hand on your right temple and repeat the exercise. Now on the left temple and similarly "counter" the palm of the neck.
- "Bird".As much as possible, relax your neck muscles and tilt your head back( you can be shallow), look up and study the sky / ceiling, while turning your head to the left so that your head does not rise and your ear "reaches out" to your left shoulder. Did you manage? Similarly, in an arc, return the head to its original position( straight head thrown back).Now, do the exercise to the right and return to the starting position. Perform the exercise at an average pace - do not rush, do so slowly as you feel comfortable.
- "The Sleeping Bird".The starting position is standing straight, the head is thrown back. Strain the muscles of the neck, as if the head became heavy, and try to reach out with the chin to the jugular dimple.
- Owl. Head and shoulders are straight, perform slow turns left and right as far as the neck allows. Exercise is done slowly. After the first approach, we perform the second one, but we complicate it: we press the chin to the neck and make turns with a "bent" head. In this case, other muscle groups will be studied.
- "Carousel" - we make the rotation of the head clockwise and counterclockwise. If it's hard to do immediately, then warm up: the starting position - keep your head straight above the body,
- on the "Raz" account, slide the head straight and straight in front of you, into the "Two" account - return to the starting position,
- "Three" - put your head inone side, "Four" - the starting position;
- "Five" - trying to "push" the head back, "Six" starting position;
- "Seven" - we put the head in the opposite direction( opposite to the account "Three"), "eight" - the starting position.
- Repeat this option 3-4 times in each direction and go to the rotation( we carry the head through points one, three, five seven, not returning to the starting position) in a circle. Similarly, repeat it in each direction.
- "Broken carousel" is a warm-up option when you rotate your head with your hand: for example, you place your left hand on your right cheek and vice versa. Thus the hand helps to do rotation in a circle.
Let's get down to practice
Himself manual therapist
A distinctive feature of this complex is that its modifications allow performing the exercise in any position of the body: standing, lying, sitting.
The complex of exercises, which is performed standing, must be agreed with the attending physician!
Such a complex can be called exercise therapy , it is performed standing and therefore can carry an additional load on the muscles of the neck. In this version, exercises are performed on only the cervical spine. But on the shoulder, warming up the circulation of the whole organism.the complex is very simple and you will probably smile, remembering a summer camp or warm-up in physical culture.
- Warm up - walk around in a circle( around the room, apartment, as the room allows you) leaning on the entire foot. Hands can be put on the waist or freely lowered along the trunk. Now go at least half of this distance on tiptoe( try to step on your socks and do not press the heels to the floor), and then, on the contrary, on the heels, without touching the toes of the foot of the floor. If done correctly, you will feel warm and warming up. After that, you can proceed to the next exercise. Until you get a feeling of warmth, continue the warm-up.
- Standing straight, feet shoulder-width apart, arms hang quietly. Raise your shoulders up and hold for a few seconds. In this case, the movement should be carried out by the shoulders and shoulder blades, slightly straining them, the arms( the elbow and carpal part) should be relaxed, their participation should be ruled out. You can make circular turns with your shoulders back and forth, adhering to the same principle.
- Slowly lower your chin to the chest, so that your neck arches into an arch, your shoulders are relaxed, only your neck works. Feel the movement of each vertebra. Pressing the chin with the maximum, go back to the starting position as slowly. Repeat until the neck warms up.
- Stand upright, feet shoulder width or wider. Lean directly in front of you, the casing should be horizontal. Hands stretched out straight, making flies. Try to make movements with shoulders and shoulder blades, minimally using the cyst and elbows. It is important to warm the shoulder girdle.
This complex may not be suitable for everyone and is contraindicated in case of exacerbation. Before performing it, ask for advice from a doctor to find out if these loads are permissible in your condition. Is it possible to prevent cervical osteochondrosis?
- And yes, and no. You can prevent its development if you regularly perform simple exercises that well affect the overall blood circulation and strengthen the muscular framework of the neck and shoulder girdle.
- If you have a diagnosis of osteochondrosis, or you often experience neck pain, the following tips can help you:
- Try to perform simple exercises on a regular basis to prevent exacerbations.
- Avoid drafts and cooling the neck. Pain syndrome can manifest itself from the stiffened muscle and can also interfere with normal activity and activity.
- Try to visit the massage therapist and perform massage on the neck and collar zone only with a qualified specialist.
- If you have a headache and neck, then try massaging the whiskey. It can improve blood circulation and temporal pain, which is given in the head and neck will pass faster.
- Do not exercise on the cervical area, to which you are not accustomed, in particular circular movements of the neck, especially during the period of exacerbations.
- Do not stretch the cervical vertebrae yourself - this can lead to serious injuries due to damage to soft tissues, joints, etc.
Take care of the neck from the youth, after all we wear it on her head! If you smile, it's good: a positive mood always positively affects your health.