What is gout exacerbation?
Gout is a disease that has come to us from antiquity. This term is borrowed from the Greek language, where it means "foot trap".This disease is associated with a metabolic disorder, and in the early stages it is difficult to identify. But when there is an exacerbation of gout, a person actually becomes an invalid. Let's look more closely at this disease.
Gout: description of the disease
Significant building material in the body are purines. They enter the body as food, and are produced independently. During their breakdown, uric acid is formed. Normally it is excreted by the kidneys.
In the case of a metabolic disorder, the functioning of many body systems is impaired. As a result, uric acid is poorly excreted by the kidneys or excess is formed. As a result, uric acid salts( urates) are deposited in tissues with insufficient blood supply( joints, cartilage, tendons) in the form of small crystals. Leukocytes try to destroy the crystals, but eventually die themselves, causing an acute attack of gout.
The level of uric acid in the blood also increases. This phenomenon is called hyperuricemia. But it is not synonymous with gout. This phenomenon is observed in other ailments( inflammation of the kidneys, tumors, blood diseases), as well as with excessive physical exertion and abuse of fatty foods.
Men are more often sick with gout. Moreover, it is a disease of people aged: in men after 40-50 years, in women after 60 years. In young people, such a disease is rare and is most often associated with a primary or secondary defect in the synthesis of uric acid.
Symptoms of gout
Here the disease is divided into 4 stages:
- Hyperuricemia( without symptoms).This period can last many years, there is a concentration of uric acid. Pain, redness there. Only the blood test can reveal the condition.
- Acute gouty arthritis. Has paroxysmal current. Attacks of acute pain occur mainly at night. Most often the big toe is affected. The skin over the affected joint turns red, swells, becomes hot to the touch. Even with a light touch, the patient feels severe pain.
- Intercritical period. Pain is less pronounced, but occurs more often. In the body irreversible processes occur.
- Chronic deposits of urates in the joints. Nodules are formed - tofusi. These are painless subcutaneous formations from a few millimeters to 1-2 cm in size. They have a yellowish color. During the attack of gout, the contents of the granuloma may liquefy and exit through the fistula. Further stones can form in the kidneys, which leads to the strongest colic. As a result, the kidneys can refuse.
Classification of gout: causes of the disease
Gout may be primary and secondary. Primary arises because of hereditary predisposition.
Secondary form is a consequence of other diseases. Risk factors include leukemia, arterial hypertension, etc.
In addition, gout can occur when:
- abuse red meat, fish fatty foods, coffee, tea, cocoa, beans, alcohol( especially beer);
- antitumor therapy, mass cell death in people with autoimmune diseases;
- shock states;
- renal failure.
Diagnosis of gout
Differential diagnosis for gout is necessary because the disease is often confused with arthritis, inflammation, sprains, etc. There are several diagnostic methods that are used in the complex:
- Medical examination, examination of anamnesis.
- General blood test. During an attack of gout, ESR is increased, neutrophilic leukocytosis is observed with a shift to the left. Outside the attack, there are no significant changes in the analysis.
- Biochemical blood test. It fixes the increase of uric acid.
- General analysis of urine.
- Samples of Reberg and Zimnitsky. They help to identify kidney failure.
- Radiography of the joint. Needed to identify tofusov. It is used when differentiating from a pseudogout. Tofuses are usually located in the joints of feet and hands. Sometimes they occur in soft tissues. In this case, they can also be detected on radiography, only if they are calcified.
- Arthrocentesis. This procedure involves testing the joint fluid. It is carried out with the purpose of detection of crystals of uric acid.
- Determination of daily uric acid excretion in urine and clearance of the first allows to establish the type of violation of purine metabolism( metabolic, renal and mixed).
In addition to methods, there are diagnostic criteria.
The "Roman" classification( 1961) is often used.
The diagnosis is established if at least two criteria are noted:
- hyper hypermic;
- presence of tophi;
- acute arthritis;
- the presence of uric acid crystals in the intraarticular fluid or tissues.
There is a classification of the American Association of Rheumatologists. To confirm gout, the presence of urate crystals in the synovial fluid and tofusov, as well as 6 of 12 criteria:
- more than 1 attack of arthritis in history;
- exacerbation of inflammation in the 1st day;
- redness of the skin above the inflamed joint;
- edema and joint pain;
- unilateral defeat of the arches of the arch of the foot;
- unilateral lesion of the 1st metatarsophalangeal joint;
- asymmetry in joint changes;
- subcortical cysts without erosions, which are visible on the radiograph;
- negative analysis for flora in the joint fluid.
What to do in case of exacerbation of gout: medical treatment
Treatment of gout during an exacerbation implies being in a stationary department( 7-14 days).During the remission the patient is registered with such doctors as a rheumatologist, nephrologist.
Therapy of the disease has several directions:
- cupping of pain syndrome;
- prevention of relapse of acute gouty arthritis;
- prophylaxis of complications;
- elimination of concomitant symptoms( obesity, hypertension, etc.);
- prevention of formation of urate kidney stones.
In case of exacerbation, first of all, anti-inflammatory treatment is performed. Usually, colchicine is used for this. However, when ingested, there are side reactions from the gastrointestinal tract, so intravenous administration is preferable. The drug has many contraindications, so it should only take it as prescribed by the doctor.
For the removal of inflammation, NSAIDs are also used: diclofenac, indomethacin, phenylbutazone, naproxen, except for salicylates. If you take diuretic drugs, you must immediately abandon them.
In addition, the practice of intra-articular injection of glucocorticoids. This method is especially effective when it is impossible to use the traditional treatment regimen. The main thing is to be sure of the diagnosis, otherwise it is fraught with big complications( gout can be confused with septic arthritis).
Traditional methods of treatment: herbal medicine
Treatment with herbs during remission will avoid aggravation of gout. From plants usually make broths or tinctures. Consider some recipes:
- Camomile. Make a decoction of flowers of chamomile pharmacy( 100 grams per 10 liters of water), add 200 g of salt. In this bath lower the affected joint. Another daisy can be mixed with blackberry( 1: 1), pour boiling water, warmed, not bringing to a boil. Then moisten the decoction in a decoction and apply to the affected joint.
- The sequence. It is useful to brew and drink like tea. Brew for 15 minutes.
- Lilac. From it you need to make a tincture. To do this, fill the glass bottle to the top with lilac flowers and pour alcohol( 200 g).Then the bottle is put for a week in a dark place( periodically shaken).Take 20-30 drops inside before meals.
There are many other ways in which doctors are rather skeptical( tie raw fish to the affected joint).
Prevention of the disease
Prevention requires an active lifestyle and proper nutrition.
What are the nutritional limitations for gout?
This disease uses a dietary table number 6.Its variety - table number 6e - has a low daily calorie content. It is prescribed for gout, complicated by obesity.
It is forbidden:
- red meat, fatty fish, smoked meat, canned food;
- strong coffee, tea, alcohol;
- meat, fish, mushroom broth;
- fresh vegetables;
- fresh baked pastry;
- chocolate, dried fruits.
- any cereals;
- stale bread;
- dairy and sour-milk products;
- processed vegetables;
- berries and fruits;
- green tea, mors, natural juices.
It is useful to do unloading days( 1-2 times a week): curd-kefir, kefir, apple, etc.
Diet No. 6e includes the same products, but with calorie restriction. Fasting and overeating are prohibited. The optimal mode of eating is 5-6 times a day. Portions should not exceed 200 ml in volume.
Sports are welcome. The main thing is not to overload. Strong twists are forbidden, intense running, jumping, lifting weights. It is necessary to form a muscular corset to reduce the burden on the joints. It is good to walk. Sitting office work negates all the treatment, so try to compensate for this with regular training.
It may not be possible to cure gout until the end, but keeping it in a stable remission is easy.
Treatment of gout with exacerbation
Gout is a disease that affects the joints on the human body. Most often, the lower limbs, in particular the big toes, give way to negative influences. Treatment of gout with exacerbation is aimed at reducing negative symptoms and alleviating the condition of a person. The frequency of these periods is completely dependent on the course of the disease, as well as the habits of the person. Ignoring the main recommendations and not tracking the level of uric acid leads to frequent and severe attacks.
Treatment for gout during an exacerbation of
The disease can be eliminated in two stages. First of all, it is necessary to stop an acute attack, then to start to prevent the relapse. During the exacerbation it is necessary to use special drugs, they are the basis of treatment for gout. You can suppress an acute attack with the help of anti-inflammatory drugs. These include Diclofenac and Indomethacin. Take medication can be no more than 3 times a day for 1 tablet. Use them is not recommended for hypersensitivity and during pregnancy. Medications can adversely affect the body, leading to the development of disorders from the gastrointestinal tract.
Anti-inflammatory drugs can be replaced with drugs that have a milder effect on the stomach. They include Meloksikam and Nimesulid. You can use them for 2 days, after the onset of an attack. One tablet per day is sufficient to suppress the exacerbation. Take medication is not possible with a marked violation of the functionality of the liver and kidneys, as well as in the presence of ulcers. Can lead to the development of nausea, abdominal pain, and impaired renal function.
Therapy is successful if medications were taken for the first time after the onset of an attack. Treatment in the period of exacerbation is aimed at eliminating negative symptoms and preventing the progression of the disease. A person should get used to a healthy lifestyle. Correction of body weight, proper nutrition and high fluid intake will greatly facilitate its condition and will reduce the duration of seizures.
It is necessary to exclude foods rich in purine content from the diet.
These include: meat broths, fatty foods, seafood and milk proteins. The daily fluid intake is 2 liters. It is necessary to refuse from the use of alcoholic beverages, they provoke the development of exacerbation. And the attack can develop immediately after drinking alcohol. Compliance with all the rules, proper nutrition, abundant drink and the necessary medication will help ease the attack.
Gout treatment for exacerbation at home
Removing gout at home is aimed at suppressing an acute attack. Once the exacerbation has begun, it is necessary to provide the affected joint with complete rest. The limb should be in an elevated position. Treatment of gout at home is aimed at arresting an exacerbation.
If you can touch the patient's joint, you need to make an application using dimexide or ointment. Vishnevsky ointment is also widely used. It is necessary to apply the remedy to gauze and attach to the affected area, fixing everything with polyethylene. A person should drink a lot, preference is given to lemon juice, mineral water and oats broth. Medicines do not allow the lightning speed of pain, they need to be taken in conjunction with all methods to improve the effect. Diclofenac, Indomethacin and Movalis should give preference. These drugs can reduce pain.
When treating the attack, special attention is paid to folk remedies. The main recipes will be presented below.
Treatment of gout with exacerbation of folk remedies
Treatment should be carried out in a comprehensive manner, together with the use of alternative medicine. This will ease the pain and contribute to a quick recovery. Before you start treatment for gout with exacerbation of folk remedies, you need to consult a doctor.
To eliminate seizures, folk healers recommend using infusions and decoctions based on medicinal herbs. They can include several medicinal plants. Particularly effective are the following: chamomile, oak bark, needles, nettles and string. It is advisable to use infusions and decoctions on their basis inside.
- Recipe # 1.For cooking, you need to take a tablespoon of turn and chamomile. The ingredients are poured into 500 ml of hot water and insisted for an hour. Then the drug is filtered and used 2 times a day for 200 ml.
- Proven means for eliminating gout is needles. It is used as compresses.
- Recipe # 2.For cooking, take 500 grams of fresh needles and pour it with boiling water. The resulting product must be insisted for an hour, and then boil 60 minutes over low heat. When the broth cools, it is necessary to moisten the gauze and apply it to the affected area. It is advisable to leave a compress for the whole night.
- Recipe # 3.In equal parts it is necessary to take the bark of oak and the flowers of horse chestnut. Ingredients are taken in the amount of one tablespoon. All this is poured in 500 ml of alcohol and insisted for a week. After the set time, the remedy can be consumed on a tablespoon 3 times a day. The duration of therapy is 1 month.
Honey, iodine and activated carbon. Painful joints can be lubricated with honey in its pure form. Its composition contains many useful components that have a curative effect. From honey, you can prepare ointments, mixing it with animal fat, herbs and essential oil.
Iodine was used in the old days. It has an incredible effect on gout. Apply it as an antiseptic.
- Recipe # 4.In 10 ml of iodine, 5 tablets of aspirin should be dissolved. As a result, a colorless liquid will appear, which should be rubbed into the diseased joints.
- Recipe # 5.Baths from iodine. For their preparation, it is necessary to take 3 drops of the main ingredient for 5 liters of liquid. Such baths are used once every two days.
Activated carbon. These pills will help to eliminate gout completely, but only in the early stages. To prepare an effective remedy, take 20 tablets and crush them to powder. This adds a tablespoon of flax seeds and mixes to the state of gruel. The drug is infused for 12 hours. Apply the obtained ointment to the formed cones on the joints.
Tablets for the treatment of gout
The joint is destroyed by crystals of uric acid
This disease, like gout, is known to mankind since ancient times. The cause of its occurrence is an increase in the level of uric acid in the blood. Excess uric acid leads to the fact that the kidneys do not have time to remove it from the body. As a result, salts are deposited in the joints, which causes severe inflammatory processes.
Successful treatment of ailment largely depends on nutrition. From the diet should exclude all products that promote the formation of uric acid. Drug treatment for gout is prescribed when compliance with the diet does not bring relief and the level of uric acid in the blood is still high.
Features and symptoms of the disease
In the old days gout was considered a disease of aristocrats, as it developed as a result of excessive consumption of meat and alcohol, which the poor could not afford. Today, when meat products and alcohol became available to almost everyone, almost all strata of the population were affected. Prevalence of gout is low: on average, there are only 3 cases of diseases per 1 thousand people, while men suffer from it more often than women.
The peculiarity of the ailment lies in the fact that it has a chronic form and is not completely cured. If a person has been diagnosed with gout, he will need to adhere to a special diet in order to avoid exacerbations until the end of his life, eliminating meat and alcohol from the diet. The normal drinking regime is also very important. To remove uric acid from the body, the patient should drink 2-2.5 liters of fluid per day. But only if he does not suffer from kidney disease.
Gout is characterized by a paroxysmal course. Its symptoms are difficult to confuse with the manifestation of some other disease. The gouty attack always begins suddenly and is accompanied by unbearable pain and increased sensitivity of the area around the joint, inside of which accumulated salts of uric acid. At the initial stage of the disease, the pain is localized in the joint of the big toe. It becomes hot and red.
Manifestation of an acute attack of the disease
An attack occurs most often at night, when a person is at rest. If the patient does not pay attention to the alarming symptoms, does not go to the doctor and does not begin treatment, the ailment will progress and spread to other joints. A distinctive feature of gout is tofusi( gouty buds), formed on the site of a cluster of crystals of uric acid. If the disease is started, it will lead to serious impairment in the functioning of the kidneys.
Many people who suffer from bouts of gout, the question arises: how to treat this disease? Noticing the symptoms of ailment, the patient should apply to a medical institution and undergo an examination. If the result is that the level of uric acid in the patient's blood is increased, he will be prescribed medication.
There are not that many medicines for the treatment of gouty arthritis in modern medicine. They are divided into 2 groups:
- medications used by patients during an attack;
- tablets intended for long-term use during remission.
Drugs used during the attack of
In the treatment of gout, the anti-inflammatory and anesthetic drug colchicine is widely used, its action is aimed at normalizing the exchange of uric acid in the body. Colchicine in tablets is intended for relief of acute attacks and reception as a preventive agent. It has a complex effect on the body:
- relieves pain syndrome;
- lowers the migration of leukocytes to the site of inflammation;
- reduces the production of uric acid salts and prevents their accumulation in the joints.
Treatment of gout with colchicine should be performed at the initial stage of the attack, in this case the drug has the maximum therapeutic effect on the patient's body. If tablets are taken from gout at the height of an attack, they can not quickly remove its symptoms. To treat the acute form of gout on the legs and other inflamed areas, colchicine should be taken only as directed by the doctor. The duration of anti-gout therapy is determined by a specialist.
Before drinking colchicine, you should read the contraindications for its use. These include:
- hepatic and renal failure;
- advanced age;
- is an individual drug intolerance.
The most common side effects in the treatment of the drug are allergic reactions, abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea, anemia. Long-term use may cause thrombocytopenia.90% of patients say that treatment of gouty arthritis with colchicine produces a positive therapeutic effect. Its analogues are such agents as colchicine and colchimine.
Today, gout attacks are successfully stopped by non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs( NSAIDs).These include phenylbutazone, methindole, indomethacin, ketazol, butadione and other drugs. Medicines from the NSAID group effectively relieve the pain syndrome in a gouty attack, reduce the temperature and contribute to reducing the inflammatory process in the affected joints. They are more effective than colchicine, and are better tolerated by the patient's body. The question of which of the non-steroidal preparations is best to choose is the doctor's decision. He will also prescribe the dosage of the medication and the duration of his admission.
Since gout reminds itself of itself always unexpectedly, it is advisable for the patient to constantly carry with him the prescribed pills and in case of an attack immediately take them.
Drugs for the prevention of exacerbations
If a person has chronic gout, treatment is carried out with preventive medicines intended for long-term use. This drug is allopurinol - a drug whose main effect is to reduce the amount of uric acid in the body. Tablets are available in dosages of 100 and 300 mg. To remove attacks, this medication is not used, it is prescribed during remission, when the patient joint is not inflamed.
The doctor selects the dose of allopurinol individually for each patient, based on the results of his analyzes. The minimum dosage of the drug is 100 mg, the maximum dosage is 800 mg per day. To avoid negative consequences, allopurinol treatment is started with a minimal dose. Drink the medicine after eating. To achieve a positive therapeutic effect, allopurinol should be taken for several months. Contraindications for treatment with this medication:
- pregnancy and lactation;
- kidney failure;
- individual intolerance of the drug components.
Usually patients tolerate allopurinol well if it is to be drunk. In rare cases, they may experience side effects in the form of insomnia, depressive state, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, blood diseases. At the initial stage of taking the drug, the aggravation of the illness is possible due to the release of uric acid from the gouty tofusi and other places of its concentration. If you feel worse when taking medication, the patient should consult a doctor.
In addition to allopurinol, anti-gouty drugs that reduce uric acid levels are thiopurinol, probenecid, benzobromarone, anthuran. They are also designed to prevent gout exacerbations and are prescribed for a long period.
Treatment of gout on the legs - ways to treat gout and getting rid of gout at home - Healthy age
Criteria for diagnosing gout
Symptoms of the disease
In 2000, WHO adopted diagnostic criteria that made it possible to verifiably verify the diagnosis of "Gout".Each clinician of the therapeutic profile must follow the scheme adopted in this document in his diagnosis.
The first diagnostic feature is the detection of urates in the puncture of the intra-articular fluid. This sign is revealed by performing a puncture of the joint cavity, which in itself is a very painful procedure.
The second sign, pathognomonic and mandatory for the diagnosis of "gout" is the presence of tofus - accumulations of urates in soft tissues. This symptom, as a rule, is detected with a simple clinical examination by an experienced doctor and does not require additional instrumental diagnostic methods.
The third prerequisite for a verified diagnosis of "gout" is the presence of at least half of the following symptoms:
more than 1 case of an exacerbation of gout in anamnesis;
- the most pronounced inflammation of the joint in the first day of the disease;
- defeat only one joint, without involvement in the process of neighboring;
- redness of the skin above the affected joint;
- swelling or acute pain most often localized in the I metatarsal joint on the foot;
- increase in urate concentration in urine;
- one-sided lesion of the joints of the foot;
- unilateral lesion of the first metatarsophalangeal joint;
- asymmetric swelling above the affected joint;
- detection of subcortical cysts on radiographs;
- does not reveal flora in the joint fluid.
Despite a large number of the above symptoms, the greatest diagnostic value still have: the identification of urates in the synovial fluid, gouty attacks in the history and the detection of tofusov. As a rule, these three manifestations are sufficient to conclude that this patient is ill with gout.
As can be seen from the above clinical picture, the most characteristic for gout is the damage to the joints on the legs, namely, the I-flat-phalanx joint.
Treatment of gout
Given the poly-physiology and variety of gout manifestations, the approach to its treatment should also be complex, taking into account all the pathological processes that develop with this disease.
In connection with this, the following mandatory directions are singled out in the treatment of gout:
Treatment of gout
Curbing a pain attack( with exacerbation of gout, or, so-called "gouty attack");
- Achieving a stable remission and preventing new exacerbations of the disease;
- Recurrence of complications of the disease associated with the deposition of urate in various organs and tissues;
- Treatment of comorbidities aggravating the course of gout( treatment of obesity, hypertriglyceridemia, hypertension)
- Prevention of development of nephrolithiasis due to impaired urate metabolism.
Treatment of manifestations of acute gout with lesions of the Iplusne-phalangeal joint of the foot
Treatment of acute gouty attack, or "gouty attack" has a number of features and it is aimed mainly at arresting the pain syndrome, removal of the inflammatory process in the joint( most often Iom metatarsus phalanxon the foot) and improvement of the general condition of the patient.
In gouty arthritis, colchicine is most often used as an anti-inflammatory drug. This is a proven tool for years that has proven effective in stopping a gout attack.
Colchicine is given at a dose of 0.5 mg every hour or 1 mg every 2 hours until the symptoms of gout exacerbation subsided. The maximum daily dose of the drug is 6 mg.
In the absence of the effect of the introduction of an hourly total dose of 6 mg, colchicine is canceled and proceeds to the introduction of a drug more powerful in its effect drugs. However, most often this scheme of treatment is effective and brings relief, according to different data, from 75 to 80% of patients.
An unpleasant side effect from the use of this drug are unpleasant manifestations of the gastrointestinal tract( nausea, vomiting, diarrhea).Often the severity of these adverse reactions reaches such a strength that it goes one level with the actual manifestations of gout itself and require separate treatment.
Colchicine can be administered intravenously and orally. With intravenous administration of colchicine, nurses should be extremely cautious, because of non-compliance with the technique of performing colchicine injection, it can enter neighboring vessels and cause severe pain at the site of injection, and subsequently - necrosis. Another unpleasant side effect of colchicine is the development of allopecia, in other words, hair loss, baldness. In high doses colchicine can cause depression of the respiratory center and even death, so doctors should be extremely cautious in prescribing this drug.
Other anti-inflammatory drugs that have shown a good result in stopping gouty attacks are: phenoprofen, indomethacin.
Indomethacin is administered at a starting dose of 75 mg, after which the patient is administered an additional 50 mg of the drug every 6 hours until the symptoms subsided. After the attack managed to stop, the intervals in the administration of the drug are increased to 8 hours. Thus, the patient is administered indomethacin in a maintenance dose of 50 mg every 8 hours. Indomethacin can also quite often, as an adverse event, cause disturbances in the work of the gastrointestinal tract to reduce mood( up to the development of depression).
However, the toxicity of this drug is still significantly lower than colchicine, thereforeindomethacin is the drug of choice for arresting an attack of gouty arthritis.
When colchicine and NSAIDs are ineffective, patients are shown intra-articular injections of glucocorticoids. In this case, drugs containing cranocorticosteroids may be prescribed for oral administration. In this case, you should also be extremely careful with dosages and do not overdo it.
How to treat gout at home
Many patients are supporters of having to treat manifestations of gout on their legs at home. There are a number of folk methods of treating gout. To one of the most effective ways to combat the manifestations of gout at home, one can attribute adherence to diet and the fight against obesity.
Diet for gout
Disease The principle of nutrition for gout is that it is necessary to sharply limit the intake of foods that increase the formation of urates in the body during their metabolism. These are products containing purines.
For the most part it is meat and fish. For this reason, a vegetarian diet is recommended for gout. With a sharp restriction of the amount of proteins consumed.
In addition, patients suffering from gout should severely limit the amount of alcohol consumed, as this dramatically increases the likelihood of exacerbation of the disease.
In addition, it should be noted that in recent years, a number of clinical studies have shown that weight loss has a beneficial effect on the development of remission and contributes to reducing episodes of exacerbations in gout.
Based on all of the above, it can be concluded that it is extremely important for patients with gout to reconsider their lifestyle. It is not for nothing that gout has long been considered a disease of people prone to lush festivities, overeating and consuming a large amount of alcohol. And despite the fact that at the moment the role of hereditary factors in the formation of this pathology is proved, the values and such factors as healthy nutrition, moderate consumption of alcoholic beverages and spices, physical activity and a mobile way of life should not be diminished.
Folk remedies for the treatment of gout
Widely used to treat gout is also traditional medicine. This is a different kind of ointments, tinctures, decoctions, etc.
Ointments and their use
A. Ointment for the treatment of gout according to the old prescription
This ointment has long been widely used by the Slavs in order to treat gout at home. To prepare the ointment, take the butter and alcohol. Mix the ingredients in a 1: 1 ratio. Then evaporate the alcohol from the mixture - and the ointment is ready!
B. Treatment of gout with iodine
Another well-known folk method that allows treating gout at home is iodine-based compresses. In order to prepare a composition for compresses, mix 10 ml of iodine and 5 tablets of aspirin.
Remember! Before you start to treat gout at home, be sure to consult a doctor! Otherwise, such treatment is not only inefficient, but also dangerous! At the first manifestations of gout symptoms - go for treatment to an experienced doctor.
How to treat gout with exacerbation?
Causes of gout
Gouty arthritis refers to diseases caused by when metabolic disorders occur .Gradually, the blood of the patient accumulates an increased level of uric acid, which leads to the deposition of its crystals in the joints. It begins to collapse, and in the future can completely lose its function.
The increased concentration of this acid in the human body can be explained by the presence of kidney diseases - these organs start to work incorrectly, which leads to the extraction of too much of this acid. Another reason for the accumulation of urea is the inability of the kidneys to excrete this substance from the body.
Physicians noted that gout more often develops in people who in abundance consume meat products and alcohol .That is why men are more likely than women to suffer from this disease.to content ↑
Symptoms of gout
The disease manifests itself in the form of a severe attack, which usually manifests itself at night. At this time, inflamed the joint of the thumb on the leg or the knee .Inflammation is accompanied by severe pain, some patients even say that he "wants to climb on the wall".The skin around the affected joint becomes red and hot. The patient suffers from an attack within 4 days, and then all the symptoms go away.
Between the first and second bouts of gout can pass from 1 to 8 months , so the patient can forget about his problem. However, each time the attacks become longer and more painful.to the contents ↑
How to treat an acute attack?
Almost always patients with gout fall into the rheumatology department of the hospital with an exacerbation of an attack. There they conduct a full diagnosis of the joints to determine the subsequent treatment. In most cases, doctors prescribe non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, for example, naproxen and ibuprofen .They reduce inflammation and relieve pain.Nonsteroid drugs do not treat the disease, but only helps to ease pain and relieve inflammation of .
Colchicine is used as the main medication for gout therapy. It reduces inflammation and partially restores the function of the affected joint. Its reception is appointed according to the individual scheme - every few hours for 1-2 days. After the attack disappears, the patient is prescribed another medicine.
If colchicine for some reason does not help cure gout, doctors prescribe glucocorticoids - hormones. These include drugs such as methylprednisolone and betamethasone, which are injected into the joint. With proper treatment, a gout attack occurs every other day.
However, the treatment of gouty arthritis is not only to relieve inflammation. When the attack is over, the doctor will prescribe to the patient drugs reducing the content of uric acid in the blood, for example, allopurinol. They will help to remove this substance from the body, which will prevent the development of new seizures.
What is gout?
Gout is a disease associated with a violation of the exchange of purine bases( adenine, guanine, xanthine and hypoxanthine), which leads to the accumulation of uric acid in the body. Urates( salts of uric acid), deposited in tissues, cause inflammation and destructive changes.
Symptoms of gout.
Many believe that gout is arthritis. Indeed, an acute attack of gout is described in a lot and colorfully in the literature, and not only medical. Often it begins with a prodroma: causeless agitation or, conversely, depression, nausea, stool, palpitations, difficulty breathing - these symptoms may appear several hours or even days before the attack. Then, most often at night, severe pain develops, "gnawing", "turning out" the joints."Favorite" localization for gout is a pseudo-phalanx joint of one finger - in 70% of cases. But the ankle, elbow, knee, interphalangeal joints, and in general any, up to the sternal-rib and intervertebral joints, can be affected.
This is what gout can lead to if you neglect
treatment. The affected area swells, a purple-cyanotic hue appears, the joint becomes very sensitive, any movement is intolerable. There may be chills, fever to subfebrile. In a few days, less often - after a couple of weeks, the attack is over, and the next attack can happen again in three to four months, and maybe in 10-20 years.
The second point of gout application is the kidneys, which suffer in 50-70% of cases, because they bear the main burden in the matter of releasing the body from uric acid. In the first place - urolithiasis, 30% of patients with gout are familiar with renal colic, not by hearsay. But urates also damage the glomerulus and tubules of the kidneys, which often provokes the development of tubulointerstitial nephritis and glomerulonephritis, which proceed without pain, but rather quickly lead to kidney failure.
Tofusi - the deposition of uric acid crystals in tissues - is another symptom typical of gout. Dense painless nodules are found most often on the auricles, hands, feet and elbows, but the case is described when the tofus, located on the valve flaps, caused heart disease. They can, although rarely, be amazed by sclera, tongue, scrotum, Achilles tendon, and so on. The size can vary from microscopic to several centimeters in diameter, which does not have the best effect on the work of the organ containing tofus.
Gouty tofus( gouty node) on the elbow fold
There is a hereditary predisposition to the development of the disease. However, in order for the predisposition to turn into a disease, additional factors are needed.
- diet with a high content of purines;
- alcohol abuse.
Therefore, the first thing that is recommended for a patient who has a gout revealed is a diet( see details in the article: What You Can Eat for a Gout).
You can not : there are a lot of meat, offal, fish, mushrooms, beans. Brewed broths, caviar, smoked meat and canned food, chill are forbidden. It is not recommended coffee, tea, cocoa, chocolate. Alcohol is excluded, especially beer.
You can : milk and dairy products, eggs, chicken, vegetables, cereals, pasta, nuts.
It is necessary to drink as much liquid as possible, preferably 2.5-3 liters per day. It can be just water, mineral water, better alkaline, such as Slavyanovskaya and Smirnovskaya, berry and citrus juices,
Sometimes these recommendations are sufficient to get rid of gout symptoms. In practice, supportive drug treatment is often prescribed. It will be anthuran, which promotes the excretion of uric acid, allopurinol, which bolts its synthesis or azathiaprine, is decided by the doctor, having evaluated, first of all, the state of the kidneys. To do this, he will need a series of urine tests, a biochemical blood test, a test of Reberg.
What should I do if I have an acute attack of gout?
Speaking about the treatment of gout at home, we have in mind primarily the behavior of an acute attack of gout.
- Bed rest, absolute rest, elevated limb position.
- The patient's joint - applications with dimexid or ointment Vishnevsky. A half-starved diet - vegetable broth, jelly, liquid porridge.
- Abundant alkaline drink: mineral water, lemon juice, oats decoction - the main thing, as much as possible.
- The doctor probably warned that the funds intended for prevention do not help relieve the aggravation. If you regularly took them, as was prescribed - continue. If not, now is not the time to begin. To reduce pain, find nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in your home medicine cabinet: diclofenac, indomethacin, movalis, nimesulide( the list can be continued), but not aspirin.
- In addition, the doctor could recommend the reception of colchicine during the period of exacerbation. If so, we remind you that it should be drunk on a decreasing schedule: 1 mg( 1 tablet) 3 times - on the first day, in the second and third - 1 mg in the morning and in the evening, and from the fourth day - 1 tablet per night.
Subject to all recommendations, an acute attack will end sooner( within three days) than late( two weeks).
Even if it seems that you know everything about gout, visits to the doctor can not be avoided anyway: controlling the level of uric acid, blood waste and urinalysis will not take much time, but it will allow to find the problem in time and correct it.
Treatment of gout with folk remedies
Contents of the article:
- Treatment of
Diseases of the musculoskeletal system provide a large group of pathological processes in which joints, cartilage, periarticular tissues are damaged. At the heart of the epidemiology of diseases is a host of unfavorable factors of the external or internal environment. One of the few diseases is gout, which is characterized by an excessive amount of uric acid in the human body, which leads to the formation of crystals( urates) that are able to localize in large joints. Gout refers to varieties of arthritis, in which inflammation of the joints occurs. There are a large number of methods of treating gout that are used by traditional or alternative medicine.
First of all, the use of folk remedies ensures the excretion of uric acid!With gout, treatment with folk remedies involves the use of natural ingredients, for external use or ingestion, which are completely safe for the elderly and patients with concomitant diseases. The use of folk remedies, provides the isolation of uric acid, the separation of urinary stones, and many drugs have antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, diuretic properties and effectively cope with the symptoms of the disease.
Gout is a chronic disease of purine metabolism, which is more common in people after 40 years. At risk are people with heart disease, diabetes, hereditary predisposition. Also, the formation of crystals of uric acid, directly depends on the diet and lifestyle of a person. When gout is more often affected joints of upper and lower extremities, feet, phalanxes of fingers and other areas of the joints.
Symptoms of gout
The clinical picture of gout is severe, and can occur in acute or chronic form. Attacks of aggravation of the disease are more often observed at night and can last from several hours to several days, so to prevent the exacerbation of the disease many patients use folk remedies for gout, which are used for treatment or prevention. The main symptoms are:
- inflammation, redness of the affected area of the skin;
- edema in the region of metatarsophalangeal joints of the foot;
- limited mobility of the joint;
- cardiac dysfunction;
- lack of appetite, nausea, increased excitability.
Untimely treatment of gout can lead to complications in the form of spreading the disease to other joints and their limitation in mobility, impaired renal function, and liver.
Treatment of gout
The treatment of gout should be carried out in a comprehensive manner, taking into account traditional and alternative medicine, diet and other procedures that can reduce the symptoms of the disease and improve the patient's condition. Timely diagnosis of the disease will help prevent its development and complications. In addition to drug treatment, many patients prefer to use folk remedies for gout, whose recipes have been known for many millennia and are popular among patients.
For a better effect, treatment of gout is best done in a comprehensive manner, using traditional medicine and folk remedies!Before treating gout with folk remedies, you should consult a doctor or a specialist in phytotherapy. Many doctors of traditional medicine are sure that gout is not being given full treatment, but preventive procedures, the right way of life, will help to stop the symptoms of the disease and transfer it to the stage of remission. Before you can treat gout with folk remedies, you should adjust the regime of the day, adhere to a diet, completely eliminate the use of alcoholic beverages. There are many effective prescriptions for the treatment of gout, here are the most affordable, safe and effective remedies.
Plant remedies for the treatment of gout
For the treatment of gout, traditional healers recommend using infusions and decoctions of herbs, which may include one or more medicinal plants. The following herbs are effective: chamomile, turn, cowberry leaves, needles, oak bark, nettle and others that have anti-inflammatory properties. Below are a few recipes for cooking:
- Regular use of the turn, chamomile, from which you should prepare a decoction for ingestion, will help to get rid of gout for a long time. To prepare the broth, take: 1 tablespoon dry herb turns, chamomile flowers, pour 0.5 liters of boiling water, insist for about 1 hour, then use 2 times a day for 200 ml.
- A proven natural remedy for the treatment of gout is the needles from which a decoction for compresses is prepared. For cooking use 500 grams.fresh needles, which are poured with boiling water. The finished drug should be infused for 1 hour, after which 1 hour to cook the broth over a small fire. After the decoction has solidified, compresses are made from it, which put on the attire of the skin for the night;
- In equal parts, take the bark of oak and the flowers of horse chestnut on 1 table spoon, then pour the floor with a liter of alcohol and insist for 1 week. Take ready-made infusion is necessary for 1 tbsp.l.3 times a day for 1 month;
Treatment of gout with honey, iodine, activated carbon
- The joints are lubricated with honey, which has a lot of useful and medicinal properties. Honey can be added to other cooked drugs for the treatment of gout, to prepare from it ointments, mixed with animal fat, essential oil, herbs and other means.
- Iodine is considered to be an old and effective remedy for gout. Traditional treatment with this antiseptic makes it possible to prepare several recipes:
- In 10 ml of iodine, dissolve 5 tablets of aspirin, after which a colorless liquid is formed, which should be rubbed into the diseased joints.
- For the preparation of baths with iodine, take 3 - 5 liters of water, in which to add 3 teaspoons of iodine. Apply these baths should be 1 time in 2 days. Such baths will help reduce pain with gout, relieve inflammation at the site of cones.
- Activated charcoal can completely cure gout in the early stages or reduce periods of exacerbation. To prepare the medicine, take 20 tablets of activated charcoal, crush to powder, add a small amount of water and 1 tablespoon of flax seeds, then stir all the ingredients to a uniform gruel, allow time for it to brew( 6 to 12 hours), then apply tobumps from gout, before going to bed. Usually, relief comes a few hours after application.
In addition to the above remedies for the treatment of gout, there are others that are no less effective, safe and available for cooking. It should be noted that the body of each person is individual, and can perceive differently any treatment, therefore, how to cure gout folk remedies and get the desired result, only a specialist in the field of alternative medicine or with a doctor can know. Non-traditional methods of treating gout can be used not only during an exacerbation, but also for prevention.
It is also advisable to read
A couple of centuries ago this illness was considered a disease of kings and representatives of noble estates who had the opportunity to consume meat and dairy products in large quantities, and spend most of the time in a reclining position. Today, there is no shortage of food, and most of us are moving because of working conditions very little. Therefore, gout increasingly mows middle-aged people, especially men.
Signs and symptoms of gout
Causes of the disease are caused by a violation of the exchange of purine substances, resulting in uric acid begins to accumulate in the body, deposited in the joints in the form of crystals. How does the gout express itself? Symptoms of this disease are associated with inflammation and pain, and such force that a person feels that his limb is clamped in a vice that is gradually contracting. What joints most often affects gout? Symptoms of this ailment are expressed in the inflammation of the thumb on the leg, but at least the redness of the ankle, knee joint, and fingers and tendons can be observed.
In case of complication of the disease, when attacks often torment the patient and for a fairly long period of time, serious joint damage and mobility limitation can be observed. In severe cases, under the skin, white nodules, called tofusas, are visible, which act as clusters of uric acid crystals.
Treatment of gout at home
Gout: treatment at home is primarily due to the complete rest of the affected limb. The patient's arm or leg should be placed on the cushion, giving it an elevated position and applying a hot water bottle with severe inflammation, and when the painful syndrome goes away, the limb should be warmed. It is necessary to find out what triggered this ailment and what type of violation of purine metabolism is present in the body: metabolic, renal or mixed. In any case, before the appointment of traditional drugs, the patient is recommended to change the habitual diet, give up alcohol and try to reduce weight, if it comes to obesity.
How is gout treated? Food provides for the restriction of foods rich in purines. It's about meat, fish, beans, strong tea and coffee. It is recommended to follow the diet number 6, limiting the intake of fats and proteins to 1 gram per kilogram of weight, while the need for calories is met by carbohydrates. The patient is recommended to drink more - up to 2-3 liters of liquid a day, as simple water, and compotes, morses, kissels, alkaline solutions, etc. It is very useful to visit the bath or sauna regularly to speed up the excretion of uric acid from the body. Physioprocedures, balneotherapy, ultrasound treatment are shown.
Folk remedies for gout
Gout: how to treat at home? Ways to ease the pain and relieve the inflammation people are looking for at all times. And although today medicine is not at the level that several centuries ago, those suffering from "the disease of kings" still use non-traditional means of treatment and quite successfully. Here are some of them:
- Connect to 1 tbsp.l.inflorescences of chamomile and dry herbaceous grass, pour ½ liter of boiling water, leave for 1 hour, and then strain through a sieve and drink for two meals. This infusion should be taken regularly;
- If gout torments you for a long time, it is necessary to clean joints every 3 months with such a decoction: pour 5 g of bay leaf with 2 cups of liquid, put on fire and boil for 5 minutes. After pour into a thermos bottle and leave for 8 hours. In the morning, squeeze out the raw materials, and drink the liquid fractionally throughout the waking time. The therapy lasts 3 days, after which it is necessary to interrupt for a week and again drink the broth of the bay leaves according to the proposed scheme;
- Gout: Folk treatment involves taking tinctures on alcohol from bark obtained from oak, and flowers of horse chestnut. And the one and the other component should be used for 1 tbsp.l. Pour ½ liter of alcohol and keep in a dark cool place for 1 week. Use inside for 1 tbsp.l.three times during the entire waking period during the month.
Folk treatment of gout with exacerbation of
Gout: treatment of folk remedies for this disease is intended to prolong the state of remission or to relieve pain and reduce inflammation in case of exacerbation of the disease. Previous prescriptions are effective as prevention and treatment of the disease in the stage of weakening the course of the disease. But if you are worried about severe pain syndrome, swelling, mobility restriction, insomnia and lack of appetite, ask for help with the following:
- Deactivate the activated charcoal to get half a glass of dry matter. Add a little liquid and 1 tbsp.l.flaxseed. The resulting composition should have a pasty consistency. They are recommended to lubricate the affected area before going to bed. Top with polyethylene wrap and wrap with a cloth. By the morning the pain will subside;
- What kind of therapy is still gout? Exacerbation: treatment during this period can give a result when using rather unusual method .It is recommended to cover the affected area with any fish fillets, wrap it with polyethylene, and warm the feet from above by wearing woolen socks. Compress to do at night for 10 days, after which should come relief;
- Iodine is an ancient remedy for this ailment. Aspirin in the amount of 5 tablets should be stirred in a tincture of iodine - 15 ml and rubbed into the aching joints before going to sleep, after wearing socks. It is very useful to make foot baths with iodine. Warm up 3 liters of water, stir in it 3 tsp.soda and 9 drops of iodine.
Here are all the tips and tricks. Lead a healthy lifestyle, go in for sports, and a disease like gout will bypass you. Be healthy!