2-degree longitudinal flatfoot has a direct relationship with arthrosis of grade 2
Almost a quarter of men and women over 55 experience knee pain. Practice shows that osteoarthritis of the knee joint often results from excessive load on the knees.
Pains, poor health and a feeling of heaviness in the legs are increasingly causing complaints of people of mature age. To reduce such phenomena or to get rid of them completely, one must find out their causes. Often patients make attempts to treat leg pain independently. However, doing so is a mistake, because the precious time needed for serious treatment can be lost. A qualified doctor will help to find out the causes of pain in the lower limbs and prescribe a treatment. Longitudinal flat feet of 2nd degree with arthrosis of 2nd degree often causes such painful sensations.
The knee is a fragile, complex mechanism. Sometimes walking becomes impossible even because of minor damage to any of its components. Very often patients think: sharp pain in the knee is a consequence of the trauma. In fact, the push to the beginning of the pathological process in the knee may be various factors.
Flattened flat feet of the second degree
Flat feet is an ailment that affects and causes pain in the ankles and feet. Pathology has acquired or traumatic character.
The lowest part of the limb of a person is the foot. Creation of the support of the human body, maintaining balance and facilitating movement is its main purpose. It has a unique design: it softens shocks, bumps and shocks, acting like a spring. This is of considerable importance for resisting dynamic loads during long walking, jumping, running. A healthy foot has two bends, two curvatures. Throughout its length there are two arches: longitudinal and transverse, which is located at the bases of the fingers. A longitudinal arch can each be determined by touching the inner edge of the foot. In a healthy person, the foot interacts with the floor or ground with walking. Her work is completely invisible. But movement becomes torture when the foot hurts. When the ligament and foot muscles become weak and cease to perform their functions, the shape of the foot changes, acquiring an abnormal plane.
Symptoms of longitudinal flatfoot of the second degree:
- the longitudinal arch of the foot is deformed;
- patient is concerned about the burning sensation in the foot zone, which appears systematically during walking and running;
- severe pain is often felt not only in the foot area, but also in the lower back, ankle, ankle and knee, this happens because the arch of the foot is settling, and the muscles lose their elasticity more and more;
- stop increases in length and width;
- gait changes.
The group of high risk of this disease include people who during a working day have a very large and long load on their legs or a significant part of the day are on the move. The situation is aggravated by the excess weight of the patient.
In this situation, leg joints are forced to shake when walking to take over. Now they have all the burden that the feet previously took on themselves. The consequence is an increased strain on the spine and all the joints of the legs. But since nature did not envisage this, they are not able to perform these functions well. Soon they themselves come to a bad state and are destroyed.
As a result of the chain of these pathological processes, many people feel pain in the back and legs. However, few people realize that the root cause of these problems is flat feet. It is the patients who have this ailment that suffer from pain in all the joints of the legs, rapid fatigue while walking. Longitudinal flat feet of the 2nd degree are often combined with arthrosis of the 2nd degree.
Osteoarthritis of 2nd degree may result from flatfoot
Along with flat feet, this ailment is also one of the most common diseases that causes a person to have pain in the legs. When osteoarthritis affects the articular cartilage. The cartilage of a healthy person is joined by two bones of the knee joint. Synovial fluid is an elastic biological medium that is located in the joint cavity, covering the cartilage. It performs the function of lubrication, shock absorber of moving joints. Thanks to it, smooth sliding of the two bones against each other is ensured. As a result of a long, long-term pathological process, this cartilage becomes thinner, and then completely disappears. As a consequence, the bone tissue under it changes. This is manifested in the appearance of peculiar bone growths. This deforms the joint.
In patients with grade 2 arthrosis:
- , the narrowing of the joint gap is more than 50%;
- osteophytes appear, the size of which exceeds 1 mm;
- in the cartilage and bone tissue is the development of degenerative processes.
Patients experience different symptoms of this pathology differently. Some feel the heaviness in the lower extremities, others feel pain in the joints and muscles when moving on the stairs. At the first appearance of these signs it is important to immediately get a consultation of qualified doctors. Perform special physical exercises for patients with arthrosis of the second degree. Be sure to dose the load. You can not do it until you feel pain. It is necessary to avoid excessive loads on the joints.
Studies have confirmed the relationship between flatfoot and arthrosis
In order to study the relationship of longitudinal flatfoot of the second degree with arthrosis of the second degree in Russia in 2003, medical studies were conducted.
As it turned out in the course of this study, there is a direct relationship between the development of longitudinal flatfoot of the second degree and the likelihood of developing osteoarthritis of the second degree.
This study involved 1900 adults from 50 years of age. Specialists noted that patients with flat feet of the 2nd degree had a 31% higher risk of developing osteoarthritis than those who did not have this diagnosis. In addition, in people with a flatfoot of such a variety, the risk of articular cartilage damage was higher by 43%.
According to the researchers, it is possible to draw unquestionable conclusions that flat feet can be a direct cause of osteoarthritis and knee injury. Specialists pointed out that the gait of a man suffering from flat feet changes greatly, because the weight during walking is anomalously distributed over the entire flat foot. Therefore, the inward part of the foot is wrapped inside. This leads to damage to the cartilaginous tissue of the knee. Researchers also noted that up to 73% of patients with a flat foot complain of persistent pain in their knees. In the course of the study it was proved that longitudinal flatfoot of the second degree is one of the main risk conditions for the development of knee osteoarthritis.
These research results are of great value. They helped to control the situation with the development of flat feet, to pay serious attention to this problem and helped to reduce the number of people who fell ill with osteoarthritis. Their treatment has become more effective.
Treatment of longitudinal flatfoot of the second stage
- Platypodia of the second degree can be adjusted if you select the right shoes, special inserts and insteps. However, young children are not recommended to wear the instep arresters.
- Doctors recommend that patients in old age wear loose shoes that are comfortable for their feet.
- It is important to practice therapeutic gymnastics.
- Walking on grass or wet sand barefoot strengthens the foot.
- Massage improves blood circulation.
- Physiotherapeutic procedures slow down the development of the pathological process. It is obligatory to carry out systemic treatment.
- Prevention of osteoporosis, weight normalization.
Flattening has a direct relationship with the appearance of symptoms of arthrosis. But if you constantly improve your health, put a lot of effort and take preventive measures, the patient can make successful treatment and permanently get rid of the pain in the feet. Platypodia of 2nd degree with arthrosis can be effectively treated. Under these conditions, even there is the possibility of slowing the development of the disease and preventing the occurrence of complications: arthrosis of the foot, osteoarthritis of the knee joints or curvature of the spine. Treatment of this pathology should be permanent.
Flat feet in adults: a photo of flatfoot and exercises in the prevention of flatfoot
Flat feet of some are perceived as a "frivolous" disease, which is not worth paying close attention to. However, this is not so - this disease can cause a violation of posture, lead to varicose veins and even thrombophlebitis. Therefore, the prevention of flatfoot should not be ignored - and should begin at least with the abandon of uncomfortable shoes.
This seemingly "trifling" disease can turn into a terrible torture for a person( "lucky" only for some recruits: they can avoid the fulfillment of "sacred military duty" with the help of pronounced degrees of flatfoot).
Types and causes of flatfoot
Flattening is the descent, flattening of the transverse or, more rarely, longitudinal arch of the foot.
Note the photo: with flat feet the foot looks almost completely flat, without a pronounced dimple between the toe and the heel.
There are three types of flatfoot:
1. Paralytic caused by poliomyelitis or resulting from paralysis.
2. Traumatic , resulting from bone fractures of the feet or ankles.
3. Static - the most common, usually hereditary or acquired as a result of overloads of feet.
As seen above in the photo, all types of flatfoot differ from each other in the degree of expression of the longitudinal and transverse arches of the foot.
Causes of flatfoot may be a lack or excess load on the legs. This can be a person's professional activity, for example, a forced working posture standing( workers or sellers who stand all day standing on their feet), playing sports that undergo inadequate loads on their feet, wearing inefficient shoes( for example, heels on shoes, onstiff platform, high heels.).
Flat feet can form in early childhood due to diseases of rickets, and also at a later age due to pregnancy, diabetes or obesity. In adults, flat feet are more common in women than in men.
Symptoms of flat feet Feet
The main symptoms of flat feet - fast fatigue of the legs, aching pain in the foot and ankle, swelling of them, often occurs in the evening and disappears by morning. With flatfoot, there may also be a violation of the circulation of the lower extremities.
Flat-footed enough easy to recognize. To do this, just smear the foot with oil or cream, and then leave it imprinted on a sheet of white paper lying on a flat surface. Usually, with flatfoot, at least half of the width of the original part of the foot is imprinted, since the foot does not have the proper size of the notch.
Understand that you have flat feet, you can, and found a quick wear on the inside of the soles of your shoes.
But most accurately the degree of flatfoot is established clinically-roentgenologically in conditions of physiological loading of the examined foot at the position of the patient standing on a specially made stand. This technique allows you to assess the entire condition of the musculoskeletal, ligamentous and articular apparatus.
How and what to treat a flatfoot
Before treating a flatfoot, you need to determine the causes of its occurrence. To remove the pain caused by walking or other loads on the feet, you can use ointments such as viprosal, finalgon, diclofenac, etc. Also, in the group of drugs, than you can treat flat feet, the usual analgesics.
For correcting the natural form of the foot, use corrective insoles( arch supports).
In case of severe, neglected cases, it is necessary to wear special orthopedic shoes( usually shoes with lacing, solid sole and lateral support of the foot).
It is recommended to take regular courses of massage.
It is advisable to practice swimming.
In the evenings( and if it is necessary, then still in the afternoon) make hot baths with sea salt.
And, perhaps, the main thing here is physical therapy.
Complex exercises for flat feet Feet
1. For the first exercise with flatfoot take the starting position sitting on a chair. Knees and heels are connected, the right foot is strongly unbent. You should bring the anterior section of the left foot under the soleplate of the right, and then repeat this exercise by changing your legs.
2. Stroke the left shin with the inner edge and plantar surface of the right foot. Then repeat the exercise, also changing your legs.
3. To bend and unbend the toes of the feet. This exercise should be repeated 10-15 times.
4. Set feet on shoulder width with heels to the floor. Then start rotating the feet in different directions, changing the direction of rotation. Then do the same, already standing, holding on to the back of the chair. Run this 10 times.
5. At both stops, grab and lift the ball.
6. Grasp and lift the pencil several times with your toes.
7. Starting position: sitting on a chair, then standing on the floor( feet shoulder-width apart).Unfold the feet on one straight line, first the heel to the heel, and then the toe to the toe. You can hold your hand by the back of the chair. Perform this exercise 10 times.
8. Expand the feet to the outside, and then - to the inner side. Perform 10 times.
9. Also in the complex of exercises with flat feet is the following: standing on toes and holding the feet in parallel, go to the outer edge of the foot, and then return to the starting position.
10. Sitting on a chair and then on the floor, climb to his feet, leaning on the outer arch of the feet. When lifting from the floor, you can help yourself with your hands. Perform 10 times.
11. Starting position: standing. To rise on socks and on the heels: a) by placing the feet on one line with their toes inward, b) placing the feet on one line with their toes outwards.
12. Starting position: standing. Make a right foot forward, then turn around 180 °, changing your leg. Do this exercise 10-12 times.
13. Standing on your toes, shifting from one foot to the other. Do this exercise 10 times.
14. Sitting on a chair, raise one and the other leg one at a time, as high as possible. The leg should be straight. Perform 10 times.
15. Standing, make 30-50 steps on the heels, on the toes, on the inner ribs of the feet, and then - already on the outer ribs stop.
16. Final exercise: walking from heel to toe in standing position. It is recommended to do 30-50 steps with each foot.
Many people recklessly refer to minor flaws, not counting it as a disease. At the same time, developing flat feet can not only cause pain and discomfort, but also provoke the appearance of other diseases. There are longitudinal and transverse flatfoot, differing in the direction of changes in the geometry of the foot, its "flattening".
The causes of flatfoot
Symptoms and methods of treatment are practically independent of the causes of flatfoot. At the same time it is important to know, because of what such a defect can develop, in order to take preventive measures in time.
Static flatfoot can be called a modern disease, because its reasons include small physical activity, uncomfortable high-heeled shoes, overweight. Summarizing all these factors, we can say that the most common( more than 80% of cases) type of flatfoot is associated with lethargy, atrophy and weakness of muscles and leg ligaments.
Flattening is a common occurrence of injuries to the ankles, ankles and other leg injuries. Flat feet can be caused by deformation of the tissues fixing the arches of the feet, or be the result of improper treatment of trauma, violation of the rehabilitation regime after trauma.
Flattening as a consequence of the transferred diseases
Some diseases that disrupt the work and development of muscles, bone and ligaments, can cause flat feet.
- Paralytic platypodia. Among the frequent consequences of poliomyelitis - paralysis of muscle tissue sites. In cases where the pathology extends to the tibial muscles or the muscles of the foot, paralysis causes a paralytic flat foot( paralytic flat foot).
- Ricky flatfoot. The weakening of the bone system during rickets inevitably affects the development of muscle tissue and connective tissue. The combination of these phenomena often leads to deformation of the feet and rachitic flat feet.
Congenital flat feet are extremely rare - about 3% of all known cases of the disease. Among other things, this is explained by the complexity of the diagnosis of flatfoot in newborns - up to 4-5 years, children's feet are equipped with fat pads, which do not allow to get a full demonstration impression of the foot.
Impressions of a cream-stained or color-staining foot are one of the simplest and most common ways of determining the presence and degree of flatfoot. The second effective method is an X-ray, which is not recommended for small children without emergency. In addition, the discomfort and pain caused by flatfoot, the newborn baby can not experience.
The cause of intrauterine development of flat feet can be an imbalance in the diet of a pregnant woman, which does not allow the full development of connective tissue in the child's body. In addition, the cause of congenital platypodia can become diseases that have been transferred during pregnancy.
Typical features of flatfoot 2 degreesIf the flatfoot of the first degree is practically asymptomatic and can be detected only with an X-ray or by indirect evidence, then the disease developed to the second degree should be urgently treated. It is important to consult a specialist orthopedist who will put an accurate diagnosis and recommend the most effective technique. The reasons for the emergency treatment of flatfoot 2 degrees are somewhat:
- It is at this stage of flatfoot that painful sensations appear in the legs and lower back. In some cases, flat feet can be the cause of headaches.
- With flat feet of the second degree, visually noticeable leg defects appear: an increase in size, deformation. In addition, flat feet can provoke curvature of toes, formation of callous growths, ingrowth of nails.
- Flattening of the second degree can spoil the gait and posture, there is clubfoot, uncertainty when walking.
- It is in the second stage that the flat feet progress most intensively, therefore, if you miss the moment, you will have to deal with a flat-footed third degree and more serious violations.
Treatment of flat feet of the second degree
To cure a flat foot 2 degrees, at first glance, it is not difficult. Unfortunately, not all have the patience to follow the doctor's recommendations without interruptions. The complexity of treatment lies in its duration, however, it is precisely this that guarantees that the painful sensations and external manifestations of the disease will remain in the past.
Massage for the treatment of flat feet
Massage and self-massage of the feet is an effective and effective way to restore normal circulation of the legs in the shortest time, which will help restore muscles and ligaments. Special massage movements are able to stimulate muscle tissue, restoring its functionality
Combating flat feet with water procedures
Contrasting baths are also capable of restoring blood circulation and metabolic processes in the tissues of the legs. Contraindications to such procedures are cardiovascular diseases and hypertension.
How to cure a flat foot 2 degrees of gymnastics?
As a home gymnastics for the treatment of flat feet can also be the usual walking barefoot. It is best to restore feet walking on uneven surfaces( sand, pebbles, a special massage mat).Effective exercises are the kicking of balls of various sizes, picking up small objects with your toes. Walking on socks and on the heels, stretching socks, circular movements of feet, flexion and extension of legs in the ankles are also aimed at combating flatfoot.
Best if home gymnastics is an addition to the complex of exercises recommended by the orthopedist. The specialists determine the most effective movements and calculate the load based on the patient's individual data: age, weight, general health, etc.
style = "display: inline-block; width: 580px; height: 400px"
Headache, constant heaviness in the legs, gait altered and difficult, regular unpleasant back pain, developing degenerative processes in the lumbar spine, leg joints. What unites all these pathologies? The reason for the appearance of all these processes in the human body is a flatfoot, namely flat feet of the 3rd degree.
This is a major change in the foot, in which the person is significantly flattened in the transverse or longitudinal arch of the foot, or a combined flattening of both feet is observed.We recommend!
For the treatment and prevention of bones on the legs( Hallux Valgus), our readers have successfully used Socks ValgoSocks .What is their advantage:
- Professional bone repair on the leg
- Straighten the thumb and joint
- Effectively relieve the flatfoot
- Relieve the pain and swelling
- Keep the natural mobility of the foot( as opposed to the tire)
- Calculated for round-the-clock wearing
The main difference of this corrector inThe fact that its action is directed not only to straighten the thumb, but also to combat transverse flatfoot. Thus, the socks of ValgoSocks are struggling not only with the "bone", but also with the cause that causes its appearance.
To cure such a disease in children is possible in principle, but for adults it is difficult to fix it, it is possible to effectively treat the flatfoot of the last degree only in an operative way.
Characteristics of the disease
Platypodia of the 3rd degree deprives the human foot of the function elastically spread out when moving, and then return to its original shape. Amortization properties have to take over the hip, knees, and intervertebral disks that are not adapted to them.
As a consequence - develops arthrosis of large joints, osteochondrosis, scoliosis, there are intervertebral hernias. If in the first two stages of the development of the disease the possibility of compensation by the body is still preserved, then the components of the musculoskeletal system are destroyed in 3 stages, which is difficult to cure.
Platypodia of 3rd degree, its main symptoms
The main symptom for flatfoot of the third degree is constant pain in different parts of the body. The calf muscles, knees, waist, soles of the legs, hip joint, muscles of the thigh ache. Due to the constant painful sensations the capacity for work of a person is sharply reduced. Minimally active movements further exacerbate the painful sensations in the body. It's hard for a person to move, but you can forget about sports.
The foot is heavily deformed, because of this, a person has difficulty with choosing and wearing ordinary shoes. The sole is greatly expanded, the fingers are elongated, strongly curved, the foot is formed on the foot.
The height of the arch with deformation of the third degree decreases to 17 mm, and the heel is strongly deflected outwards.
Longitudinal flat-foot: third degree, its characteristicRead more & gt; & gt; We recommend!
For the treatment and prevention of bones on the legs( Hallux Valgus) and transverse flatfoot, our readers successfully use the technique developed by leading German orthopedic doctors. Having carefully studied this method, we decided to offer it to your attention. Read more. ..
With longitudinal flatfoot of the last degree, the foot is strongly deformed. There are such symptoms: puffiness affects joints, shins, feet, a person feels a constant aching pain, passing into painful sensations in the lumbar region, and then a headache. The anterior parts of the foot become flat and unfold. The first finger is strongly deflected, thereby temporarily reducing pain in the foot.
If the longitudinal flatfoot of the last degree is not treated in time, there is a possibility that the foot will become flat-lobed, and the person will feel sharp painful sensations at the slightest movement. The foot will turn strongly inwards with the plantar side. To treat the disease is recommended with the help of therapeutic procedures, the constant use of orthopedic insoles and shoes is mandatory. Fully correct the longitudinal flattening of the last degree can only be done by the operation, during which the tendons are transplanted, the bone parts are resected.
Transverse flatfoot of the last degree
The lateral flatfoot of the last degree is a strong change in the foot, in which it obviously decreases in size due to the discrepancy of the foot bones, the first finger deviates outwards by more than 35 degrees, and the middle finger acquires a hammer shape. On the basis of the thumb, a painful bony growth occurs. Educated napotypes not only do not pass, but even more increase in size.
The transverse flatfoot to the 3rd degree of its development is also characterized by the inflammation of the periarticular bag called bursitis. Cure transverse platypodia can only be surgically treated. Treat this way the ailment is recommended by resection of the part of the bone that protrudes, or by its joint resection with the plastic of the joint capsule, as well as transplanting the tendons.
After this, it is necessary to constantly use shoes with orthopedic insoles and special insteps.
This type of disease, as a combined flat foot, includes signs of both transverse and longitudinal deformation and can occur in adults and small children. The two arches of the foot are consolidated, the pain due to the overstrain of the muscles extends to the lower leg, and also, due to an incorrect distribution of the load when walking, to the knee joints. Combined platypodia is often the second degree of a disease in which a person has trouble walking.
Flatness of the last degree in children
Due to the fact that it is not easy to determine the presence of the disease at home, the last degree of flatfoot can be observed in young children. Disease of the third degree has the same pronounced symptoms as in adults. To treat a flatfoot of the last degree in children is advised mainly by folk remedies, or by traditional medical methods.
It is not necessary to treat ailment by operation. This can be explained by the fact that the growing body of children is better reconstructed, and the healing and regeneration properties are especially effective at this age. But there are cases when surgical intervention is still necessary, in order to cure the deformation of the third degree. It is used only after the application of traditional therapy and at the age of 10 years.
How I got rid of the stone on my legs for 3 weeks without surgery!
- Forgot about bulging bones on legs
- Bending of big toes and joints
- Cured transverse flatfoot
- Has lost pain in bones on legs and their swellings
- Avoided operation and walking by doctors
- Again I was able to wear my favorite shoes
My name is Oksana Fyodorova. In 2002, I received the title "Miss Universe", and after only a couple of years the bones on my legs deprived me of the opportunity to even put on shoes. As I then thought - the career is over. .. However, I managed to find a solution that turned out ridiculously simple and accessible to everyone who faced such a problem. As I did, you can read in my sensational interview to an online magazine that is on this link ( this is worthy of attention, believe me). Read the interview. ..We recommend!
For the treatment and prevention of bones on the legs( Hallux Valgus) and transverse flatfoot, our readers successfully use the technique developed by leading German orthopedic doctors. Having carefully studied this method, we decided to offer it to your attention. Read more. ..4 comments
Hello, I am 27 years old, I was diagnosed with a longitudinal flat foot of the second degree in the military registration and enlistment office, but it did not bother me at all. Until recently, I was actively engaged in football - now stopped due to injury. The right foot is more deformed than the left foot. How can this be provoked and how can I bring my right leg back to normal?
MojaStopa.ruWhen rest, massage and other methods do not help to eliminate the pain, you can resort to medical therapy. Systemic analgesics: aspirin, flugalin, ibuprofen, diclofenac, indomethacin, paracetamol, etc. Topical application: indomethacin ointment, Dolgit cream, voltarene gel, etc. Special treatment procedures : Novocain electrophoresis, hydropharmacy with hydrocortisone,paraffin-ozocerite applications, etc.
Exemption from the army of conscripts with flat feet( according to RF norms).Based on the "Regulations on Military Medical Examination" No. 123, dated 25.02.2003, military service and admission to military schools and schools does not prevent people with the following disabilities:
- I-II longitudinal flat-foot
- Transverse flatfootI degree, in the absence of arthrosis in the joints of the foot( middle section), exostoses( bone-cartilaginous sprouting in the form of a spine) and contractures( restriction of joint mobility).
- Longitudinal or transverse flatfoot II degree c presence, severe pain syndrome, deforming arthrosis of the II stage of the mid-foot joints, contracture of the fingers;
- Longitudinal flatfoot III degree, transverse flatfoot III-IV degree
- The formation of the right gait, not to breed socks when walking - this overloads the inner edge of the foot and its ligaments.
- With a predisposition to flatfoot to choose the right place of work( work not associated with long loads on the legs).
- Properly selected shoes, on a thick and soft sole, heel not more than 4 cm.
- Wearing insoles for long loads.
- In his spare time, give rest to his legs, at least 30 seconds, 3-4 times a day to stand on the outside of the feet.
- After work it is recommended to take warm baths for feet, with their subsequent massage.
- Walking barefoot on an uneven surface, over pebbles, along the sand, walking on the heels, the inner surface of the feet, tiptoe, outdoor games.
- Maximum limit the wearing of shoes with high heels
- Correctly dose physical exercise, avoid excessive loads
Why does postural stiffness disturb the posture?The human body works as a whole. Between bodies there are not only anatomical, but also functional interrelations. With flatfoot, the center of gravity is displaced backward. In order to maintain balance, the spine has to deviate forward. Over time, deformation increases, posture is formed - round back .The normal arch of the foot works like a shock absorber. With flatfoot this function is violated. As a result, the spine and knees have increased loads. This leads to an even more severe violation of posture, scoliosis, herniated discs. In the knee joints, arthrosis can develop. Flattening and problems on the part of the spine have some common causes: weakness of connective tissue, ligaments and muscles, obesity, increased physical activity.
Which mats can I use for flatfoot? How to choose them correctly?Special massage mats have on their surface a variety of pebbles, protrusions, "pimples".They are widely used for the prevention and treatment of flat feet. Effects of massage mats :
- effect on reflexogenic foot points;
- improvement of blood circulation and lymph drainage( due to this there is a decrease in edema on the legs);
- strengthening of muscles and ligaments;
- elimination of cramps, pain;
- elimination of stresses, increase of general tone.
- First of all - check with your doctor .The expert will tell you which model of the rug is best to buy in your case.
- It is best to buy a mat in the orthopedic salon .Before you buy the product, be sure to deploy it, stand with your bare feet and try to walk. If it causes pain or severe discomfort, it is better to choose another model.
- For a child under 3 years old, a mat made of rubber is best. Later you can buy a model on a silicone base. Adults often recommend rugs from the Altai birch.
- Try to choose a rug, which is not one, but several different types of relief .This will provide different types of impact on the sole. For example, in addition to the "stones" on the surface may be villi for soft massage soles.
- Inspect the mat before buying .Make sure that all the protrusions and "pimples" are strong enough. Think about how convenient it is to wash, store the selected model.
- for children and adults diagnosed with flat feet;
- for children, in order to prevent flat feet;
- to people, leading a sedentary lifestyle, to those with sedentary work;
- to women, who often walk in shoes with stilettos.
How to choose orthopedic insoles for flat feet?Orthopedic insoles can be used for preventive purposes or to combat flatfoot. Medical orthopedic insoles need to be selected together with a doctor. Usually they are made individually, according to one of three methods:
- Computer modeling .A person stands on a special platform, which registers the pressure of various parts of the foot and transfers to the computer. An image is displayed on the monitor.
- Manufacture of plaster casts .
- Thermoforming . Insole is made of special material, which takes the form of a patient's foot.
- Obtaining a print with a special bio-foam.
How is flatfoot encoded in the ICD?In the international classification of flatfoot diseases two codes are assigned:
- M21.4 - acquired flat foot;
- Q66.5 - congenital flat foot.
What gymnastics can I perform with flatfoot?Gymnastics with a flat foot are selected individually, depending on the type and severity of flatfoot. Start classes only after you consult a doctor and find out what exercises are recommended in your case. Some exercises that can be performed with a flatfoot : In prone position : 1. With your legs slightly apart, squeeze and unclench your toes for about 2 minutes. 2. With your legs spread out, rotate the feet clockwise, then backwards. 3. Pull your foot socks on yourself. You can perform both legs simultaneously or alternately. 4. Detach the heels from the floor, leaning their toes. 5. Bend the legs in the knees, push them apart, simultaneously folding the soles together, so that they touch. Then "clap" your heels: dilute and reduce them, resting with your toes. 6. Place the right foot on the left ankle joint. Move the right foot along the left shin towards the knee, while trying to clasp her leg. Repeat with the left foot. In sitting position on a chair : 1. Squeeze your right hand into a fist and tightly hold it between your knees. Raise the inner parts of the feet, and the outer one is pressed harder against the floor. Repeat several times. 2. Detach the heels from the floor - at the same time with both feet, then alternately. 3. An exercise similar to the previous one, only this time you need to remove socks from the floor. 4. Place different small items on the floor. Grab their fingers with your feet and shift from one place to another. 5. Bend your fingers while pulling your heels forward, then straighten. The foot should "crawl" on the floor, like a caterpillar. In standing position : 1. Stand several times on your toes. Then alternately tear off the right and left heel from the floor. 2. Stand on your heels several times. In this case, the toes must be completely detached from the floor. 3. Perform several sit-ups and half-squats on your toes.
Is the release of physical education given to a child with flat feet?This question is solved individually, depending on the type and severity of flatfoot, other factors. With severe deformity and violation of foot function, the child can be completely released from physical culture. In other cases, it is classified into one of four groups:
- group LFK: children who have a disease requiring an individual program of study;
- special group: for children, for whom the load in ordinary lessons is too high, restrictions are required;
- preparatory group: no restrictions in physical activity, but the child is exempted from handing over the standards;
- core group: no restrictions.
How does flatfoot differ from clubfoot?Flat feet are any deformation of the foot at which its longitudinal or transverse arch falls. The reasons for this violation can be different. Clubfoot is a congenital disorder whose causes are not yet fully established. In this case, the foot is most often turned down and inward.
What kind of sports can you practice with flatfoot?For flat feet, the following sports are recommended: :
- Free style swimming .It has a beneficial effect not only on the legs, but also on the spine column, the muscles of the back, helps to combat postural disorders and other pathologies. But with flat feet, you should not get involved in swimming with a crawl, as this increases the load on the muscles of the legs.
- Skiing .In this case, the load on the legs should be small. Intensive skiing is contraindicated.
- Equestrian sport . Horse riding helps strengthen the muscles and tendons of the back, legs.
- Some types of martial arts .Aikido, karate and kung fu do not assume an increased strain on the legs, but help strengthen the tendons and muscles.
Platypodia of 2nd degree
Platypodia of the second degree are often also called moderately pronounced or intermittent. In this stage of the disease, the deformities of the foot are already noticeable to the layman and require immediate treatment.
Symptoms of flatfoot of the second degree
Ambulatory patients notice serious gait disorders. Perhaps the appearance of clubfoot, the steps are heavy. And to the man himself, the flat feet of the 2nd degree causes considerable inconvenience. These are pains in the foot, often giving up in the lower leg. At the same time, discomfort is felt almost constantly, and not only after long walks or physical exertion. The surface of the foot becomes flat, flattened. The vault is less and less noticeable. All these changes are caused by loss of muscle elasticity. Often, at the second stage, painful sensations are so bright that the patient tries to limit as much as possible in walking and spend less and less time on his legs. Because of the change in shape and the relief of the foot, the choice of shoes is quite problematic.
How is flat-foot 2 degrees treated?
Despite the severity of the disease, surgical treatment is used in exceptional situations. More often to the third degree flat feet try to treat conservative methods. It is mandatory to select orthopedic shoes in accordance with individual physiological changes. You should also use special insoles and foot pads, they will reduce discomfort and prevent the formation of corns. Effective for the treatment of flatfoot in the second stage is a combination of massage techniques and manual therapy. At the time of treatment, it is necessary to limit the time spent on legs, to give up long walks and to wear tight shoes with heels. Among the ways to treat flat feet of the 2nd degree, the same is considered therapeutic gymnastics. The best results are given by complexes that include not only exercises for strengthening the muscles of the foot and legs, but also giving the back to the correct position, which form the posture. The patient can also increase the effect of therapy with domestic activities. The simplest flexion-extension of fingers, the capture of small objects by them, the riding of the feet on the floor of studded balls and walking barefoot all contribute to a speedy recovery.
Physiotherapy methods for the treatment of flatfoot
The treatment of flat feet is based on the strengthening of the foot muscles. It is for this reason that it will not work without proper physical exertion. Good results are given by swimming. In this case, the style is unimportant, the most important thing is the pedal produced by the foot. Take into account that at the second degree of the disease, activities can be accompanied by unpleasant sensations. It is necessary to begin with short training, gradually increasing their duration. The most correct answer to the question of how to cure a flat foot 2 degrees will be the recommendation to engage in different sports. However, if the deformation of the foot already takes place, it is worth not to skate and other sports that require specific shoes and give strong loads on the legs.
Children's Flat-foot 2 degrees
Talking about the diagnosis of flat feet in children makes sense from the age of three. The thing is that in the first years the child only learns to walk correctly, and the "irregular" form of the foot can be observed as a temporary and non-dangerous phenomenon. Quite often flat feet of 2 degrees in children appears in adolescence, after any diseases or because of hormonal changes taking place in the body. Treatment is conducted in the same way as in adults, until about 6 years old children are not trying to prescribe orthopedic shoes and insoles.