How to treat a heel spur with iodine - detailed technology and instructions
How to treat a heel spur with iodine
That is, on the lower part of the calcaneus there is a small outgrowth in the form of a spine with a sharp bottom. It is the tip of this salt thorn that causes the patient discomfort and a feeling of pain while walking. In some cases, the pain senses the patient even in a calm state when the leg is not moving.
The reasons for the appearance of the calcaneal spur can be very different. And since this disease does not appear by itself, but is formed on the basis of other, earlier diseases, then it can be recognized and warned at an early stage. All inconveniences and soreness to the patient is delivered by a clot of salt, which presses on the nerve endings. However, in case of sharp pains, there is no need to panic and make hasty conclusions with self-diagnosis and diagnosis of "bone proliferation".This is a completely innocuous disease if it is detected and treated early. The fact that there is a constant accumulation of salts in our bodies is not a secret for anybody.
The same applies to the calcaneal tendons, where the deposition of salts often occurs, which disrupts comfortable walking and brings discomfort to the life of the patient. Violation of the normal physiological position of the heels is due to the affected area of the tendon, as well as the accumulation of calcifications that form a wedge with a sharp underside. In the case where the patient has an Achilles tendon site, the pain is felt in the upper region of the heels. When the region of the calcaneus is affected, the pain sensations are localized in the sole of the foot.
Pain sensations in the calcaneal spur
Causes of the disease of the calcaneal spur
Among the main factors that influence the onset of the disease of the heel spur, one should distinguish such diseases as periostitis and bursitis. An important role for the favorable conditions for the onset of this disease is also metabolism. So, for example, with a metabolic disorder, the patient may experience discomfort in the foot while walking, and when diagnosed, it will be found that he has an initial stage of the heel spur.
The initial stage of the calcaneal spur
Another factor that can affect the formation of the calcaneal spur is the various leg injuries in which the heel tendon has suffered. In addition to all of the above, the heel spur disease often affects people of retirement age due to the fact that the blood supply worsens with age and the tissue cover wears. All this is accompanied by chronic inflammation, gout. Ironically, diseases such as gonorrhea or chlamydia can also provoke a heel spur. The fact that these diseases are considered infectious, and the spread of infection reduces the immune system, and can give at any point of the body in the form of various diseases, including heel spurs.
For the elderly, the disease of the calcaneal spur is most likely a pattern. After all, with age, the bloodstream in the limbs becomes much weaker, and many processes in the body are gradually broken, stop, start to work undulating.
Due to the fact that calcifications in the heel area accumulate slowly enough, the patient can not even guess about his disease, only periodically experience discomfort in the heel area, mistakenly associating it with slight injuries, which led to this discomfort. In such cases, patients argue as follows: "It will hurt and pass away."And while the patient does not bother, the sore is rapidly developing. But in case you were visited by pain in the heel area, it is better to secure yourself and go to the doctor's office to make sure that these are temporary ailments or, on the contrary, you urgently need preventive treatment.
Treating the calcaneal spur
Diagnostics and treatment of the heel spurs
For effective treatment of the calcaneal spur, a detailed examination should be performed and only after the qualified doctor has given you an accurate diagnosis can one begin to treat this ailment. So, the simplest thing you need to do to determine the calcaneal spur is to undergo radiography. The picture will necessarily show the formation of salts.
In the treatment of calcaneal spurs, specialists use a wide variety of methods. This includes ultrasound, shock wave therapy, thanks to which it is possible to destroy calcifications. Then it is possible to undertake laser therapy, which will improve blood circulation in the zone of formation of a clot of salt - the heel spur. You can remove the inflammatory process and pain sensations with the help of medications. To raise the tone and ease the pain in the heel, along with medication, you can go through a course of massage in parallel.
There are also folk methods, among which the treatment of heel spur with iodine is very popular. In connection with such popularity, patients often turn to doctors with questions about how to treat a heel spur with iodine. Despite the skepticism of doctors, this method of treatment has helped many patients. And most importantly, no surgical intervention was necessary to remove the salt thorn. However, not all patients suffering from this disease are being treated for such a method, considering it a waste of time. Therefore, preference is often given to surgical intervention or shock-wave treatment procedures.
It is worth noting that the treatment of the heel spur with iodine does not exactly worsen the situation, but on the contrary, contrary to skepticism, it will become a panacea in combating the disease at an early stage. Moreover, due to iodine regeneration of the tissues inside the heel occurs. Moreover, iodine cures the inflammatory process and relieves pain.
Heel spout, features of
Spirituous tincture of iodine is the best tool in combating calcaneal spine
Already more than once doctors have recognized that one of the best and at the same time one of the most inexpensive means in treating calcaneal spur is iodine. Of course, doctors themselves rarely recommend this method to a patient, only as a fixing effect after drug treatment or for preventive purposes. But folk medicine and healers believe that this is the most effective way.
Note that iodine has an anti-inflammatory and warming effect, very quickly penetrates deep into the soft tissues of the skin and passes through the vessels. Due to its warming effect, in the painful area after the application of iodine mesh, blood circulation improves. It is recommended to perform iodine procedures before the patient goes to bed. Thus, you can guarantee for a few hours a complete rest and warmth to the sick heel.
Conservative treatment of heel spurs
In addition to applying iodine nets, you can also arrange calming iodine trays in your heels. As a rule, iodine procedures should take from 5 minutes to several hours. For example, after an iodine bath, to fix the effect, you should wear a socks on the sore leg, so that the leg is not only in tranquility, but also in warmth, which accompanies good blood circulation. However, despite the safety of treatment of the heel spur with iodine, one should not forget that this method of treatment is not suitable for everyone. After all, some people may have an individual intolerance to iodine, an allergy or a period of pregnancy.
Video - how to treat heel spur with iodine
How to safely and effectively heal spur with iodine?Heel spur is a fairly frequent disease characterized by a bony build-up in the calcaneus. The spine is a spine that compresses soft tissues, which causes severe pain especially when walking.
As a rule, the main cause of the disease is a constant load on the sole, therefore, the more time a person spends on his legs, the greater the chance of an illness.
Particularly susceptible to disease are those who suffer from excess weight, incorrectly matched shoes. In addition to this joint disease, gout, flat feet, salt deposits, disturbed leg vessels also cause this unpleasant ailment.
Pain sensations in the heel can provoke and various infections, such as chlamydia, gonorrhea and some others.Very often in the treatment of calcaneal spur or plantar fasciitis, surgical intervention is used, but this applies to neglected cases.
In the early stages, they use medicamentous treatment, as well as folk remedies, which have proved to be an effective way to get rid of the disease:
- treatment with Demixide;
- treatment with vinegar and egg;
- treatment of medical bile;
- and others.
Among the non-traditional methods often apply various applications, compresses, trays, etc. Treating the calcaneal spur with iodine is the most popular method in folk medicine.
Iodine as a drug
Iodine is a unique drug known to mankind for a long time, it is widely practiced in medicine and folk medicine.
Take it either inside or outside. First of all, it is an irreplaceable trace element, which is necessary for the normal functioning of the thyroid gland, and it also has a positive effect on the general state of the body. Has antimicrobial and disinfecting effect.
Iodine compounds destroy bacteria, so the drug is indispensable for the treatment of wounds, cuts, during surgery, etc.
Also this agent has anti-inflammatory effect in skin diseases and mucous diseases. Often used as the main constituent for gargling with angina, pharyngitis, etc.
In addition, iodine-based drugs are used as an expectorant, to prevent airway disease, in atherosclerosis. For the prevention of goiter, when poisoning with mercury and lead, iodine can also become an indispensable assistant.
Iodine in the therapy of plantar fasciitis
The use of iodine in the treatment of plantar fasciitis brings excellent results, especially in the early stages of the disease.
The positive effect of is based on its warming and antiseptic qualities .
It penetrates very quickly into soft tissues, creates a warming effect and improves blood circulation. Due to iodine the inflammatory process is gradually removed, and painful sensations decrease.
Iodine therapy includes a variety of compresses, rubbers, baths, which include iodine and some other components. These procedures soften the spur, inhibit its growth, remove stagnant phenomena.
In order to achieve a positive result, the procedures should be carried out regularly by the .Sometimes for healing, especially at the initial stage of the development of the disease, it is only necessary to apply an iodine grid to the heel spur, but in most cases more serious procedures are required.
It is also necessary to take into account the individual characteristics of each organism, and the presence of worsening causes, such as overweight and flat feet.
With the goal of a speedy recovery with a good additional treatment, there will be a foot massage and some physiotherapy that help increase blood flow and improve overall health.
It should be remembered that iodine procedures are best spent at night, so that the heel is at rest and warmth.Due to painful sensations, it is best to give up long walks. Also do not forget that for this treatment there are some contraindications.
Effective and painless
There are a lot of prescriptions for iodine heel spur treatment, but the most effective and effective ones are:
- Applications with iodine , salt and honey, baths, iodine with aspirin, iodine mesh. In order to make the application of it is necessary to take 50 g of iodine, and 1 tbsp.l honey and salt, it's good to mix it all. Ready mixture is applied to the steamed heel, at night. This procedure helps to relieve pain and improve blood circulation.
- A good result is the bath with the addition of iodine and salt. For 5 liters of hot water add a bottle of iodine and a tablespoon of salt. Lower the aching heel and keep until the water cools down completely.
- For the next recipe, take 3% iodine, about 1 tsp.and mix with 2 mashed aspirin tablets. The resulting solution is applied to the bandage and applied to a sore spot, then the heel is well wrapped.
- The simplest recipe , is to put on the heel of a cotton bud iodine grid, especially it is effective in the initial stage of the disease. It has an excellent anti-inflammatory effect, and also promotes resorption of the thorn.
Styloidal wrist joint can lead to damage to the wrist and disability if the time is not set for a quality treatment.
Contraindications to iodine therapy
There are several contraindications to the use of this drug with a calcaneal spur.
This primarily applies to pregnant women and those who suffer from hemorrhagic diathesis and serious kidney disease.This treatment is also prohibited for people who are allergic to preparations containing iodine.
Things to remember when using iodine
Before treating heel spurs in this way, many specialists recommend finding out the cause of the disease.When iodine therapy also needs to remember that the treatment can take from 5 minutes to several hours. This largely depends on the selected prescription and form of the disease.
Almost all recipes use only 3 or 5% alcohol tincture. A good addition to these procedures is adherence to a special diet.Recommend to exclude salty, spicy, fatty fish and meat, sweet pastries. Preference is best given to vegetables and fruits, sour-milk products, nuts, sea kale, etc.
It should be remembered that a rapid effect can be achieved with complex therapy.
Opinion of patients
Reviews of people who practice treatment for calcaneal spurs with iodine-based drugs.
When such a problem arose, and it became difficult to tread on the heel, I began to try all the folk remedies, but the pain did not pass. The neighbor advised me to apply iodine for the night with salt and honey. It helped! A week later the pain was almost gone.
Suffered from a calcaneal spur for many years, the pain then left a little, then appeared again. Now I heal the heel with iodine, I make iodine baths and feel much easier.
Heel hurts more than those months, appealed to doctors, but there was no special result. I went to the village, and there they advised me to soar the heel in the water with the addition of iodine. Ten days later, I did not understand how the pain had gone.
Based on the above information it is worth noting that the treatment of the heel spur folk remedies, and in particular, iodine is quite effective and effective, especially when the disease is not neglected.
And if you follow all the rules during the procedures, then the result will not make you wait long.
Causes and symptoms of the disease
The heel spur arises from the growth of the bone of the foot and the formation of a spine on it. Identify such a characteristic "heel" is possible only by making an X-ray. This neoplasm does not appear on its own, but as a result of prolonged inflammation. In the tendons accumulate calcium salts, which prevent them from functioning properly. As a result, the bone deforms to form the same curved spine. Most often this problem is observed in the elderly. However, it can also occur in people with overweight, impaired metabolism, increased strain on the legs, trauma to the feet, flat feet and impaired blood circulation.This is the heel spur of
. Typical symptoms that signal the appearance of this disease can be acute sharp pain, which interferes with walking, calluses on the soles of the feet and edema of the shins. In neglected cases, a gait disturbance may also occur.
Useful properties of iodine with calcaneal spur
A bottle with 5% iodine can be found in any home medicine cabinet. Many people know it as a wonderful antiseptic, but it is also a universal drug for combating various hardening and stagnant phenomena.
When treating the calcaneal spur, it is enough to apply iodine mesh to the affected foot area. In this case, the drug enhances blood circulation in the tissues and improves the general condition of the patient. However, this method only helps at the initial stage, in advanced cases it is necessary to apply more complex recipes in combination with iodine.
Options for iodine treatment
Methods for treatment of heel spur with iodine
Iodine is a wonderful antiseptic, which deserved national recognition and is used in traditional and folk medicine. This universal agent is used to treat various kinds of hardening, infiltrates and stagnant phenomena. Particularly fond of iodine folk medicine, it uses it and as an independent healing agent, and as part of various healing solutions and ointments. Treating the heel spur with iodine is also practiced and in this article we will talk about this.
? The iodine bubble is an indispensable component of any home medicine kit. And if it has ended - a bottle with 5% alcohol solution of iodine can easily be bought at the nearest pharmacy. Thanks to iodine, you always have a ready-made remedy that can help in a variety of situations.
Healing of the calcaneal spur with iodine does not differ with sophisticated actions - it is enough to take an ordinary cotton bud, dab it in a solution of iodine and draw stripes on the heel - vertical and horizontal. You will get the usual iodine grid - it perfectly enhances blood circulation in the heel and promotes recovery.
In iodine, in addition to well-known therapeutic advantages, there is another significant plus - it does not have an unpleasant odor, as its competitors used to treat heel spurs - bile and vinegar. Applying on the heel of the iodine grid, you can not worry, do your own business and even go with her to work. It is only necessary to know that the iodine grid helps only at the initial stage of the calcaneal spur - when it first appeared, and the tissues surrounding it did not inflame too much.
Folk prescription "five-day"
If you believe folk healers, then to combat the heel spur you need to apply a special recipe, called "five-day".It is not hard to guess that he got his name because it is used for five days. Prepared ointment used for the night.
For its manufacture you will need:
- iodine vial( 50 g) - 1 piece;
- salt is a small table salt - one teaspoon;
- honey - one tablespoon.
Mix the ingredients thoroughly into a homogeneous mass, the prepared composition is applied to a gauze pad. The obtained ointment compress is reliably fixed on the diseased heel. The latter, before applying the ointment, should be properly steam out. To fix gauze, it is better to use a conventional tubular bandage. Then the dressing is covered with a food film, and then a warm sock is put on.
This procedure should be repeated five times. In the morning, before removing the bandage, you need to walk about 20 minutes and then remove the bandage. After removing the ointment compress, the foot needs to be washed.
Iodine and analgin
This remedy, prepared from ordinary pharmaceutical products, was invented by inventive folk healers. To prepare a medicinal solution, you will need:
- iodine - 100 ml;
- aspirin - 4 tablets;
- analgin - 4 tablets.
Grind all the tablets, pour the resulting fine powder into a solution of iodine and, placing the mixture in a dark place, insist for 24 hours. A real remedy once a week, lubricate the patient's heels. Healed for 4-5 weeks and heel spurs will cease to remind you.
Express pack of aspirin with iodine
For this rapid compress you will need two aspirin tablets that need to be carefully grinded into powder. To him you need to add one ampoule of iodine and, quickly mixing, attach to the heel spur. The bandage with the mixture is covered with compress paper or with simple polyethylene film. Such compresses perfectly cope with the heel spurs. They are applied 2-3 times a week.
The use of iodine is prohibited in pregnancy, kidney disease, hemorrhagic diathesis and allergic reactions.
Spur on heel than to heal: at home, reviews
Warmings as a method of treatment of calcaneal spur
At home, the following heating procedures can be done:
- Kilogram of table salt mix with five liters of boiling water. When it boils, cool a little and steam into the resulting foot solution. The course of treatment with such trays is 10 days. Prepared salt solution simply warm up and a pair of legs. The pain will subside already on the fourth procedure, but the treatment course is important to do until the end;
- Similarly, you can soar your feet in warmed milk whey;
- Preheat alcohol over low heat. Put your feet in it, steam them for 15 minutes. After the procedure, do not wipe your feet, but simply put on socks. If after five such procedures there are no improvements, change the method of treatment.
Compresses as a method for treating the calcaneal spur
To heal the spurs on the heels, you can use these compresses:
- Grate the garlic to the heel. Wrap it with cellophane and fix it with a warm cloth. After three hours, remove the compress. If the heel is very hot during the procedure, remove the garlic and wipe the skin;
- Mix in equal proportions crushed garlic with chopped chalk. Undoing the foot in the foot bath, attach the product to the foot. Top with cellophane and warm cloth. Several sessions of such a compress will help to ease pain in the heels;
- Leaf the cabbage with honey and attach it to the heel. In the morning, rinse the compress with warm water. Duration of treatment - three days;
- In the same proportion, mix sea salt with honey. For the whole night, make a compress, and in the morning, wash it off with water;
- Make a cake of flour and honey. Undo the heel and attach the product to it. Over wrap the bag and put on a warm sock. The compress is done all night. For complete recovery, you need to do ten such procedures;
- Mix 100 grams of lard or lard with acetic essence( 100 milliliters), a chicken egg with a shell. Insist you need three weeks in a dark place. From time to time, the agent must be mixed. Add the finished medicine to the steamed patient foot with a cotton swab. The course of treatment is one month. When carrying out such a compress on top you need to wear warm socks;
- Mix hot boiled potatoes in a jacket with kerosene( 5 grams).Lay out the product on the bag, pribintuyte it to the heel with a spur. Top your socks. Duration of treatment - no more than 12 procedures. After three sessions the pain will begin to subside;
- Mix bile( 40 grams) with vodka( 20 grams) and shredded laundry soap( 5 grams).Before going to bed, steaming your feet, attach the resulting product to the heel with a spur and fix it with a bandage. Thanks to such a compressor, after the first session, the first results will be visible. A couple of procedures will be followed by painful sensations;
- Put the raw grated potatoes together with the skin on the bandage, and rewind it to the diseased heel. Secure the compress with polyethylene. After 24 hours, remove it. To make such a tool work, you need to do about eight such procedures;
- Pour a couple of crushed aspirin tablets with an iodine ampoule. With the resulting mixture, treat the heels, put on warm socks and go to bed. Such a compress should be done two times with breaks in one week;
- Black radish together with peel grate. Apply the resulting mass to the heel and fix with a bandage. This compress is done at night. In the morning, you need to take off and do your own business.
Massage as a method for treating the calcaneal spur
Treatment of spurs at home can be done by massage on the feet. There are such types of home massage:
- Heat a kilogram of large salt and pour it on a flat floor. Stand with your bare feet on hot salt and walk along it for 15 minutes. Such a folk remedy will help to cope with the spur in just a couple of such procedures;
- Sitting in a chair, and placing on the floor an old washing board, follow it with stops. It is necessary to rub the feet intensely on the board, focusing on the heels. The duration of one procedure is 10 minutes. Massage the feet should be done twice a day until the spurs completely disappear in the heels;
- Boil until cooked a three-liter pot of small potatoes along with the peel. After pouring it into the basin, start kicking with your feet until it cools down. Wipe the heels, draw on them an iodine grid and put on socks. Duration of treatment is 1 week. That this method of treatment was more effective, during the cooking of potatoes it should be strongly salted.
Recipes of the remedies that will also help to heal the heel spike :
- Fresh leaf of plantain tape with a bandage to the injured heel. Remove the leaves when they dry. Duration of treatment is 14 days. The plant excellently pulls salt, so that painful sensations in the heels are removed;
- Undress your legs, drown on the freshly harvested nettles for half an hour. After five such procedures, do not even remember the spur;
- Such a medicine will help to cope with spurs in the heels instantly. Mix six bags of magnesia with a liter of water and heat it to 60 degrees. Steam the legs in the bath for 10 minutes. Then to the heels attach a compress of liquid valerian and put on terry socks. Duration of treatment - 10 procedures;
- After pouring a little ground red pepper into your toes, you have to walk this way throughout the day. Daily wearing of socks with pepper for two weeks will save spurs on the heels;
- Pour vodka( 200 grams) pounded pine nuts( 20 grams).Let it infuse for at least ten days in a dark place. Drink tincture of 10 grams before eating three times a day. A couple of days from the spurs there will be no trace.