Scoliosis of the 2nd degree and its treatment
Scoliosis( Greek scoliosis curve) is the curvature of the spine in the transverse( frontal) plane. Any lateral curvature of the spine is a pathology. After all, when scoliosis is affected not only the spine, but the entire musculoskeletal system, and even internal organs. The greater the angle of curvature, the more pronounced structural and functional changes in the spine and internal organs. In this connection, 4 degrees of scoliosis are distinguished. And the most remarkable from the clinical point of view is scoliosis of the 2nd degree.
The causes of scoliosis, in particular, scoliosis of the second degree spine, are diverse. In this connection, several classifications of this pathological condition have been developed. The most common of them divides scoliosis into structural and non-structural. The first, structural, are found in the overwhelming majority of cases, and are characterized by anatomical changes in both the vertebrae, and the ribs, the sternum.
Structural scoliosis can be:
- Congenital dysplasia( underdevelopment) of arches or vertebral bodies, absence of ribs, additional ribs
- Neurogenic - due to disruption of innervation due to pathology of peripheral nerves, brain or spinal cord( cerebral palsy, poliomyelitis, spinal hernia)
- Static- osteomyelitis, osteoporosis, trauma, tumors of the spine.
Thus, structural scoliosis can be not only congenital, but also acquired. Unlike them, unstructured scoliosis in most cases, but not always, is acquired. Often they develop due to traumatic or congenital deformation of the pelvis or lower limbs. In addition, one-sided pain syndrome can lead to non-structural contortions with frequent myositis or chronic diseases of internal organs.
Much of the scoliosis is idiopathic, i.e.such, the cause of which, despite comprehensive diagnostic studies, remains unclear. These curvatures are found mainly in adolescence. And diagnosed, as a rule, scoliosis of 2 degrees, tk.primary, 1st degree, often goes unnoticed neither by the child himself, nor by his parents. Apparently, several factors are responsible for the development of juvenile idiopathic scoliosis. Among them - a systematic incorrect posture, an unbalanced diet with calcium deficiency with rapid growth and a lack of motor activity.
Recall that the second degree of scoliosis is characterized by the angle of curvature of the scoliotic arch from 110 to 250. In many cases, the scoliotic arch is at the second degree one, and the curved vertebrae has a C-shaped shape. However, at this stage, an additional compensatory arc can be formed, due to which the scoliotic spine acquires an S-shape. The degree is calculated from the largest value of the scoliosis angle. In this regard, S-shaped scoliosis of the second degree can be compensated and decompensated. In the first case, the resulting secondary arc completely compensates for the primary curvature. In this case, the line, which is lowered strictly vertically from the cervical vertebra, passes between the gluteal folds. With decompensated scoliosis, this line shifts sideways.
In addition, the angle of the scoliotic arch can remain unchanged, or change - decrease in the supine position, or increase with the vertical position of the body or under physical exertion. In this regard, scoliosis can be stable or unstable. Already in the second degree there is such a symptom as torsion - displacement, twisting of vertebrae around their longitudinal axis. For the second degree, it is characteristic that the curvature of the spine is not yet visible in clothing. And only when examining an undressed patient, such symptoms as different level of shoulder and shoulder standing, arcuate curvature of the spine, asymmetry of the gluteal folds and lumbar triangles - spaces between the upper limbs, waist and hips - attract attention.
The localization of the arch of curvature distinguishes scoliosis:
- Upper-thoracic( cervicothoracic);
- Lower-thoracic( lumbosacral);
Symptoms of scoliosis of the spine
Depending on the direction of the convex curvature arc, a right-sided and a left-sided scoliosis is distinguished. Moreover, right-sided displacements are more characteristic of the thoracic, and left-sided - for the lumbar spine. In thoracic scoliosis, due to the torsion of the vertebrae, a secondary asymmetry of the thoracic wall develops, the manifestation of which is the rib hump, which becomes more pronounced when the trunk is tilted forward. Asymmetry of the spine is the reason for the uneven tone of the muscles of the back - they are more tense on the convex side, a muscular roller is formed here.
With the second degree of scoliosis there is still no severe decompensatory disorders of the internal organs. But already at this stage, some violations of the heart and lungs can be formed in chest scoliosis, and the stomach, intestines, gall bladder - with lumbar. Lumbar left-sided scoliosis, most often formed in I-II lumbar vertebrae, often leads to osteochondrosis( degeneration of the intervertebral discs) and spondylosis( the appearance of marginal growths of the bone tissue of vertebral bodies).In turn, these pathological processes are the causes of disc hernias and lumbosacral radiculitis with the emergence of unilateral pain and sensitive disorders. However, the main danger of scoliosis of the 2nd degree is not even this. In the absence of treatment, the curvature may progress with the transition to the next, 3rd degree. And the higher the arc of curvature, the faster this process proceeds.
Medications( anti-inflammatory, analgesics, calcium preparations, chondroprotectors) eliminate only symptoms of pain and inflammation, and to some extent improve metabolic processes. But they do not restore the spine, and therefore in scoliosis they play only an auxiliary role. The main emphasis in the treatment of scoliosis is made on exercise therapy( LFK), massage and physiotherapy procedures. In general, exercise therapy for scoliosis of the 2nd degree plays a leading role. The fact is that with this degree with the help of physical exercises you can not only reduce the angle of curvature, but also completely align the spine, which is impossible with more severe violations of grade 3-4.
Therefore, the earlier the rehabilitation gymnastics has been started, the more chances for a full recovery. Do not forget that exercise therapy can lead to the desired result only in childhood or adolescence. The spine is finally formed by 20-25 years, and after that the gymnast loses all meaning. On the other hand, an incorrectly selected set of exercises, too heavy loads on a sick spine will not only not eliminate the curvature, but will further exacerbate it.
All exercises in scoliosis are carried out in a sparing mode. It shows walking on all fours, passive traction of the lower extremities and cervical region, movement of the upper and lower extremities by the type of scissors in the supine position. In scoliosis, static loads are shown with the head, arms or legs raised in the supine position on the back or on the abdomen. All these exercises are symmetrical. With lateral curvatures of the spine, asymmetric loads can be carried out. After all, from the convex side of the arch of curvature, the musculature is tense, and the concave, on the contrary, its tone is reduced. Therefore, during the exercises, training, strengthening of certain muscle groups, and relaxation of others are carried out simultaneously. But these exercises are selected for each patient strictly by the LFK specialist.
But the active traction of the spine( hanging on the crossbar), with scoliosis are contraindicated. Similarly, pulling, various power and acrobatic elements, incl.jumping and rolling over the head. All these exercises further destabilize the spine. For the same reason, it is not desirable to run for long distances, dance classes. But swim in scoliosis is not only possible, but it is also necessary. In the aquatic environment, the weight of the human body is reduced, and so the exercises in the swimming pool have a beneficial effect on the spine, and strengthen the muscles of the back and waist.
The effect of exercise therapy should be fixed massage and physiotherapy procedures. Massage with scoliosis, like exercise therapy, can be carried out asymmetrically. Under the action of the hands of the masseur, the muscles are relaxed from the convex side of the scoliosis, the muscular cushion is eliminated, and the muscles are simultaneously strengthened from the concave side of the scoliosis. Among the physical procedures is shown electrophoresis, paraffin treatment, muscle electrostimulation.
Starting with the second degree, the treatment of scoliosis should include the use of special orthopedic appliances. These include immobilizing corsets. Made of synthetic materials, these corsets are equipped with the so-called.ribs of stiffness - metal plates. The corset is individually adjusted for each patient by means of special straps, provided with fasteners or "Velcro".As a result, the load on the curved vertebra decreases. The competent and timely use of all these methods - exercise therapy, massage, physical procedures and orthopedic adaptations, is able not only to level the vertebral column, but also to prevent its curvature in the future.
Is it possible to correct scoliosis of the 2nd degree with gymnastics?Scoliosis is one of the most common diseases of the spine, characterized by curvature. There are 4 degrees of disease, differing in severity. Depending on the stage of scoliosis, appropriate treatment is selected: corsetting, massage, physiotherapy and exercise therapy. Exercises for scoliosis of 2 degrees are very effective, but corsets are rarely used at this stage.
Most often, scoliosis is detected as a child. The main causes of this disease are low physical activity, weak muscles and poor posture. The sooner the scoliosis treatment begins, the more likely the cure is. A feature of the disease is its rapid progression. In rare cases, scoliosis of the second degree can be detected already in a newborn baby, when his lower limbs or pelvic bones are asymmetric. To successfully get rid of scoliosis it is necessary to apply to qualified specialists who will prescribe complex treatment taking into account all the characteristics of the patient( sex, age, physical form, etc.).
How to treat scoliosis of the 2nd degree?As mentioned above, this disease requires complex treatment. As a rule, the complex includes procedures for the manual therapist, reflexology, physiotherapy and, of course, therapeutic gymnastics. The latter method is considered the most effective in the fight against scoliosis.
When the disease is a scoliosis of 2 degrees, the symptoms are most often the following:
1) The triangles of the waist are unequal.
2) The shoulders are at different levels.
3) Paddles are also at different levels.
4) If the disease is localized in the lumbar region, the gluteal folds are asymmetric.
5) The spine is markedly twisted around its axis.
Is physiotherapy effective as a method of treatment?Physiotherapy procedures give good therapeutic results. With this method of treatment, sessions of electric stimulation of the spinal muscles are performed. If you were prescribed physiotherapy, it is important to remember that during stimulation of the muscles of the thoracic region of the back, there may be unpleasant sensations in the heart area. In some cases, the physiotherapy of this department can cause arrhythmia.
Physiotherapy procedures are helpful in diagnosing left-sided scoliosis of the 2nd degree. If the patient tolerates physiotherapy well, then it is optimal to take a course of eleven to twelve sessions.
What should be the right massage for scoliosis?One can ask the question: "And how to treat a scoliosis of 2 degrees?" With this disease, good results are shown by massage and manual therapy. The best effect from such procedures is noticeable in scoliosis with displacement of pelvic bones and / or joints between vertebrae in any of the parts of the spinal column.
Massage is well combined with exercises for scoliosis of 2 degrees. Because massage sessions help to over-strain due to the curvature of the muscles to relax and improve blood circulation in the affected area.
It is important that the manual therapist had experience, because even because of one session of a wrong massage, the effect of other treatments can go wrong. However, if the expert is highly qualified, the situation can significantly improve after several sessions.
Gymnastics for scoliosis of the 2nd degreePhysiotherapy with such a disease is considered one of the most effective methods. It is important that the set of exercises was chosen by the doctor. Undoubtedly, the simplest exercises can be done independently. However, more complex must necessarily be discussed with the doctor, since the main condition for performing therapeutic exercises is the principle of "do no harm".After all, an incorrectly chosen and / or made exercise can destroy all the painstaking work of restoring the spine. For the first time a physician or a physiotherapist will teach you how to properly perform exercises from a medical complex.
Exercises are also helpful in diagnosing right-sided scoliosis of the 2nd degree, since some of them have the ability to exert a different load on the symmetrical muscles. That is, the weaker muscles gain strength, and the stronger ones just stay toned. Any therapeutic exercises are aimed at strengthening the natural corset muscles supporting the spine, so that the vertebral column is always in the correct position and, accordingly, not reset.
Gymnastics in scoliosis of the 2nd degree should be performed slowly, so as not to damage anything. Beginning classes are with the smallest loads, gradually increasing them as the muscles become stronger. Pulling the spine can only be passive, so the vis on the crossbar is prohibited because of the possibility of damaging the spine.
It should also be remembered that scoliosis exercises of the 2nd degree should not be aimed at increasing the flexibility of the spine, as this will more likely increase the progression of the disease than strengthen the muscular corset.
Gymnastics is important to do daily, because otherwise the result will be approximately zero, each time will have to start anew, because with a long break muscles loosen. What is scoliosis? Causes of
This is a disease of the of the musculoskeletal system, characterized by pronounced lateral curvature of the spine. It can be congenital or acquired, and the vast majority of cases are acquired.
A modern way of life contributes to this. Children move little, long sit in wrong poses, slouch, do not pay due attention to physical culture.
The children's skeleton is in a growth phase, therefore all these negative factors provoke scoliosis.
Congenital ailment occurs in only 3% of patients, and it is associated with a violation of intrauterine development.
The disease can be classified according to several signs:
- on the development of the disease distinguishes between progressive and non-progressive;
- the angle of the deviation of the spine from the norm divides the disease into four groups( the first degree - the slope to ten degrees, the second degree - to twenty-five, the third degree - to fifty, the fourth degree - from fifty and above);
- static function allows you to highlight the balanced and unbalanced;
- on location speak of five varieties( thoracic, cervicothoracic, lumbar, thoracolumbar and lumbosacral);
- shape and number of arcs( one arc corresponds to a C-shaped curvature, the shape of S has 2 arcs, and Z - 3 arcs respectively);
- because of the appearance of isolated acquired and congenital.
In addition, scoliosis may be a complication of after a severe spinal injury, its fracture, bruise. Osteoporosis and malignant tumors also cause it to cause it.
In these cases, massage is possible only during rehabilitation rehabilitation.
Tasks and massage technique
The purpose of the procedure in the scoliosis of is to remove the tone from the strained muscles and normalize it in the muscles of the relaxed.Massage performed correctly and with due regularity is able not only to alleviate the condition of the child, but also completely rid it of the ailment
For the beginning, the correct method is chosen, which will solve the set tasks.
Therapeutic procedure. Stops the development of scoliosis and corrects the curvature.
Preventative procedure. Prevents and stabilizes the course of the disease. Prophylactic massage can be done in two ways. The first, or reflex, stimulates blood supply, and the second, or segmental, affects certain active points.
Massage for scoliosis in children solves the following problems:
- corrects and prevents scoliosis;
- calms the nervous system of the child, removes increased excitability;
- improves the elasticity of ligaments and joints;
- normalizes blood flow and movement of lymph;
- stabilizes metabolic processes;
- has a beneficial effect on the epidermis.
The technique of massage with scoliosis
For a good effect, massage is carried out by courses. Optimal treatment includes three courses of .The second course is done in 2-3 months, and the third - in 4-6 months. In one course about twenty procedures, the duration of the sessions gradually increases from 15 minutes to an hour.
Features of the procedure at home
Efficiency is determined by the severity of vertebral curvature, as well as the professionalism of the masseur.
The specialist has a great responsibility, he must clearly distinguish between the muscles that are in tension and relaxed muscles. At home, massage with scoliosis can be done if the doctor gave good.
Features of the procedure and recommendations:
- Proceed to sessions immediately after diagnosis. Procrastination is fraught with complications.
- Be sure to take into account the individual characteristics of the skeleton of the baby.
- Uneven impact on the lower back is the key to success. The location of the curved arcs, their shape is taken into account. On this depends the nature and strength of the impact.
- Receptions: effleurage, stroking, kneading, rubbing and vibration.
- Before the session, the baby is put on the table. His posture during the procedure does not change. The child should be comfortable.
- The beginning and end of procedures for scoliosis of varying severity are similar and include easy stroking.
Massage in the initial stage of the disease
At the initial stage, the child's massage can be fully entrusted to the mother or father.
One doctor's consultation is enough to explain to parents how exactly the movements are made.
To do this, choose a flat and firm surface. The child lies down on his tummy, knobs bend at the elbows. After warming up the muscles, the masseur makes rubbing the entire back from the bottom up.
Rubbing alternates with kneading. It is important to change the force of the impact, then decreasing, then increasing it. The area between the blades needs to be worked out more carefully.
Scoliosis massage 2-3 degrees
The started stage of scoliosis requires a special approach. The strength with which the masseur is working his back should be impressive. Gradually load increase, add burdens.
After stroking, put both hands on the waist in parallel to each other and begin to plant them in the sides. Then the child turns over on the barrel, and the masseur pulls back the muscles. For this, the palm is pressed tightly against the sacrum and leads to the inner side of the scapula. Then the child is asked to lie down on his tummy again.
In the area of convexity, activating movements are performed. Blades are kneaded and rubbed. After this, the child is turned over on his back. Massage of the chest is performed by methods: rubbing, kneading, stroking.
And now a video about how to learn how to properly massage with scoliosis in children at home. The doctor's consultation.
Prevention of disease
Preventive measures are elementary and are known to every parent:
- Watch your child's posture.
- Remind the child to change the pose during classes or doing lessons. Periodically make him get up, walk around the room, jump, warm up.
- Buy a hard mattress for your child.
- Diversify the baby's diet. Turn on the menu of foods rich in protein and fiber.
- Do not forget to walk with your child every day regardless of the weather.
- The increased activity of the child reduces the risk of scoliosis to zero.
Scoliosis is not a verdict. If your child is diagnosed with this condition, do not despair. The main thing - do your baby's health, not postponing for tomorrow. In time, the treatment begun and following the prescriptions of the doctor will speed up the child's recovery.
Scoliosis massageHello, dear readers of the social networking site masseur. What do we know about scoliosis? Scoliosis is a persistent lateral curvature of the spine. Scoliotic disease is a complicated deformity of the spine with curvature in the frontal plane, the occurrence most often of hyperkiphosis of the thoracic, hyperlordosis of the cervical and lumbar spine with torso of the vertebrae.
Classification of scoliosisScoliosis is classified according to different criteria.
By origin:( the most common in the world is the Cobb classification - 1958)
- I group - scoliosis of myopathic( muscular) origin. Occur with insufficient development of muscle tissue and ligament apparatus. Rachytic scoliosis, arising from dystrophic processes in the skeleton and neuromuscular tissues, can be included in this group.
- II group - scoliosis of a neurogenic origin. Occur with poliomyelitis, syringomyelia, neurofibromatosis and spastic paralysis. This group can include antalgic scoliosis with low back pain and scoliosis, which occur when the roots of the spinal cord are squeezed with pronounced degenerative changes in the intervertebral discs.
- III group - scoliosis with anomalies of the development of the ribs and vertebrae. In this group, all congenital scoliosis can be recorded.
- IV group - scoliosis, arising from diseases of the thorax, for example cicatricial changes with empyema. Scoliosis that occurs after burns and plastic operations on the chest.
- V group - idiopathic scoliosis. About 80% of all scoliosis is caused, the cause of which is currently unknown.
According to the shape of the curvature:
- cervicothorax( the top of the arc is at the level of Th3 - Th4);
- thoracic( the top of the arc falls to the level of Th8 - Th9);
- mastoid lumbar( the top of the arc falls to the level of Th11 - Th12);
- lumbar( the top of the arc is at the level of L1 - L2);
- lumbosacral( the top of the arc is at level L5 - S1).
- compensated form when in standing position the vertical line from C7 of the vertebra passes exactly through the center of the interannual fold;
- is an uncompensated form, when in standing position the vertical line from the C7 vertebra does not pass through the center of the interannual fold, but deviates to the side.
The scoliosis angle:
- 1 degree - the angle of scoliosis is from 1 ° to 10 °.There is a weakly expressed asymmetry of the shoulder and shoulder blades in the case of cervicothoracic and thoracic scoliosis, asymmetry at the waist level in the case of lumbar scoliosis. There is an asymmetry of muscles at the level of the arc of curvature. The curvature disappears in a horizontal position. In international classification, a deviation of less than 10 ° is considered a variant of the norm and does not constitute a problem.
- 2 degree - the angle of scoliosis is from 11 ° to 25 °.More pronounced curvature with a small compensatory arc and a small rib hump. The curvature does not disappear completely in the horizontal position.
- 3 degree - the angle of scoliosis is from 26 ° to 50 °.Significant curvature of the spine with compensatory arc. There is a pronounced deformation of the thorax in the form of a rib humerus. Minor correction of curvature with horizontal unloading of the spine.
- 4 degree - the angle of scoliosis is 50 ° or more. Pronounced kyphoscoliosis with impaired function of the heart and lungs.
According to the clinical course:
- scoliosis is non-progressive;
- scoliosis is progressive.
Basic principles of the massage for scoliosis.Massage with scoliosis second and higher degree must be differentiated, that is, a differentiated effect on the muscles of the back is necessary. In this case, the shortened, strained muscles from the concavity of the arcs of the curvature of the spine stretch and relax. And from the side of the bulge, on the stretched muscles on the contrary, they perform toning, stimulating receptions of the massage. In the same way have a differentiated effect on the shortened and stretched muscles of the chest, abdomen, buttocks and extremities. In addition, painful areas, local muscle hypertonia, seals( cords, nodules in tissues) are identified and act on them, using segmental-reflex and point-massage techniques. For the masseur it is very important to clearly represent the tasks and perform the massage techniques individually for each patient, guided by the overall treatment plan. Contraindicated repeated stereotyped procedures.
- At the initial stage of treatment, for mobilization of curvature, intensive massage of superficial tissues is necessary. The purpose of the massage is to increase the overall tone of the body, to activate the recovery processes.
- Next is a gentle massage of the muscles. Purpose: elimination of local muscle hypertension, improvement of muscle trophism.
- At the stage of correction of deformation, stabilization of the achieved results, more intensive, deep and long-term massage is needed. As a result, stretching of shortened, spasmodic muscles is achieved, their tone increases, and stretched muscles contract.
Features of the massage for scoliosis:
- use of special patient positions that contribute to correcting the deformation of the spine;
- limiting the variety of massage techniques in favor of the most effective;
- it is desirable to reduce the height of the massage table so that it is below the level of the tips of the fingers of the lowered hands. This is necessary to use the weight therapist to weight his body, active footwork, in order to ensure sufficient strength of movements.
Technique for performing massage with scoliosisLet us consider an example of massage in the treatment of one of the most common types - thoracic scoliosis, where the convexity of the lumbar arch is directed to the left, and the thoracic arch is to the right.
Sequence of massage techniques:
Lying on stomach
BackFirst, the patient is laid on the abdomen, hands are placed along the body, the head is turned to the side opposite to the torsion of the vertebrae of the cervical spine, formed as a result of scoliotic deformation. Then put the roller under the ankle joints. The masseuse must stand to the left of the table( at an angle of 45 degrees) at the level of the patient's pelvis. The legs should be slightly bent and widely spaced: the left one - in front. Begin with simultaneous longitudinal stroking of both halves of the back. Movement at this smooth, rhythmic, long, carried out along the entire spine due to the harmonious movement of the hands, body and legs. From superficial strokes it is necessary to move to deeper, using planar and enveloping options. Particular attention should be paid to the massage of the paravertebral regions. Next, deep rubbing should be carried out with the palm rest with the burden: long movements along the spine( one movement in 1 to 1.5 seconds), alternately 10-12 movements first left, then right. Important: it is forbidden to exert strong pressure on the bony projections! Then the masseur must stand perpendicular to the table, slightly bent legs, placed on the double width of the shoulders. The base of the right and the rib of the left palm is to capture the skin-hypodermic crease as thick as possible and with counter-circular movements( right-to-yourself, left-from yourself), rub the crease between the palms. In this case, the right palm, by sliding pressure, carries out the kneading of the underlying muscles. Movement smooth, rhythmic, massaging palms should be in constant contact with tissues. Movement can be either in the caudal or cranial direction. In this regard, the performance of the procedure is allowed to start equally from the lumbar and the upper thoracic spine. On each side it is necessary to perform 3 - 4 "passes".In the intervals between them: 1 - 2 longitudinal comb-like strokes. In this case, the nearest and remote sides are processed from one position. A more rigid variant of reception is possible: instead of the base of the right palm, proximal interphalangeal joints are used, as in the comb-like technique. Elapsed time: 6 - 8 minutes. The patient, after performing the first three techniques, should have a feeling of warmth. And the skin of the back slightly blushes. Next, you should assess the condition of the trapezius muscles. If you find an asymmetry in the tone of the upper portion of the trapezius muscles, the shortened strained muscle should be stretched and performed with gentle soft kneading techniques. But the relaxed muscle - stretch it with the help of sharp jerky pressure, pulling, tingling.
FeetHaving determined that there is sluggishness of the gluteal muscles, it is recommended after stroking to perform grinding and deep kneading. Platellia is a pathology often associated with scoliosis. It requires a hard massage of the plantar surface of the feet and a group of tibial muscles. You should also teach the patient a scoliosis self-massage stop.
Lying on its sideFurther the masseur needs to lay the patient on the right side facing to itself. Under the chest lay a thick pillow 6-8 cm thick. The right forearm is under the head, the left arm is extended forward. The left leg should be slightly bent and lie in front of the right leg. Thus, a small ventral slope is created. On the right leg( in the ankle), fasten the bracelet with a cord attached to it, at the end of which there is a hook, with sandbags hanging through the bracket, whose weight is 10-20% of the patient's weight. After this, the masseur needs to place the baseright palm to the medial edge of the right extensor of the back( at the level of LY-SI), and the second and fifth fingers should support the lateral margin. And then, using the weight of the body, with measured rhythmic movements directed vertically downwards, he needs to pull the muscle away from the spine, gradually moving cranially to the upper lumbar region by "stepping over" from the tenar to the hypotenar. Running 3 - 4 passes lasting 5 - 7 minutes. Then, the masseur must perform, the base of the palm, kneading the left extensor of the back at the lumbar level. Movement in the form of tremors: sharp, jerky, rhythmic for 2 - 3 minutes. In the same position, massage and stretching of the pectoral muscle is performed. The patient should be placed on the left side, under the waist to put a roller. The left arm should be pulled forward, while the right forearm should rest against the surface of the table, fixing the ventral slope. Load, it is necessary to fix on the left hand, similar to the fastening on the leg. His weight: 10-15% of the weight of the patient. After this, the masseur must go to the other side of the table and begin stretching kneading the left extensor of the back. Reception is performed at the thoracic level and by the same procedure as at the lumbar level. It takes 3 to 4 passes for 5 to 7 minutes. Milling of the right extensor of the back at the thoracic level should be performed by sharp abrupt rhythmic movements( 2 to 3 minutes). The degree of exposure is selected individually, depending on the general condition and degree of the patient's physical condition. You can not bring to pain and bruising.
RecommendationsIt is advisable to conduct at least two, and in periods of "jumps" in growth - four courses per year, consisting of 20 to 25 procedures. Duration of the exercise, which should start from 15 - 20 minutes and increase to 40 - 50 minutes to 8 - 10 procedure. In addition to the massage, attention should be paid to training the patient with scoliosis with specialized anti-asthma breathing exercises by the method of Katarina Schroth, which in European practice currently representsis a recognized effective tool for the treatment of scoliosis.
- improvement - when the arc of scoliosis decreases( transition of the second degree of scoliosis to the first, the transition of the first degree of scoliosis in violation of posture, complete recovery);
- process stabilization - when the arc of curvature remains at the same level;
- progression - when the scoliotic arch increases.
xn - 80aasiq5aadj.xn - p1ai
Basic principles of massage for scoliosis
The main advantage of massage is the relaxation of the back muscles
Massage procedures, which are assigned to children for the treatment of scoliosis, are aimed at eliminating the deformed spine. This method is used in two situations: both as a treatment and as a preventive measure. The use of massage with this disease is described from different points of view, today there are two main theories. Since the main effect of massage procedures is muscle relaxation, the acute question is which muscles should be relaxed in scoliosis? According to the first theory, the stress is concentrated on the concave part of the back, and on the convex muscles are in a relaxed state( the theory of the string string).The second theory is directly opposite the first. Where exactly the truth lies is difficult to assert, since one can not clearly divide the back into a relaxed and tense part, while specialists who have studied this issue still talk about greater stress on the convex part.
During the massage, you need to act on the situation, working out each of the muscles and determining whether it is strained at the moment. If the child suffers from scoliosis, the parents are recommended to master the skills of massage therapy, in order to help the baby on their own. During the procedure, you need to constantly ask the child about his feelings, so as not to cause harm and not to provoke painful sensations.
The doctor after the examination appoints a clear number of procedures that will be necessary to pass the child . So, with scoliosis the baby will have four courses of 20 sessions per year.
The technique is of a general nature, the work is carried out with the muscles of the back, with the region of the thorax, the waist. Procedures allow you to create the right muscular corset that can hold your back in a normal state: in those places where the spine is bent, the muscles are toned, and on the "failed" areas - is relaxed. Massage has an additional positive effect on metabolism in tissues and stimulates the nervous system.
Scoliosis of the second degree is characterized by compression syndrome
In scoliosis of the second degree and above there is a so-called compression syndrome, that is, the nerve roots are squeezed.
Massage sessions allow minimizing spasms and painful sensations that occur against the background of this phenomenon.
During the procedure, it is necessary to follow certain mandatory rules: the child should be placed on the stomach so that he is comfortable, and he was able to relax muscles as much as possible;
The entire session of the children's massage can be divided into three stages:
- warming up the area to be affected;
- directly massage from scoliosis;
- is the final relaxing stage( implies easy kneading and stroking).
Specificity of massage for different forms of the disease
Scoliosis is divided into four degrees depending on the severity of the curvature of the spine( for example, the first degree implies a deviation of at most 10 degrees, and the fourth - more than 50 degrees).There is also a classification according to the shape of the deformation:
- arcuate curvature or C-scoliosis. This type usually does not progress beyond the second degree. Depending on the side of the deviation, a right-sided and left-handed form is distinguished, and taking into account the localization of the affected area, cervical, thoracic, lumbar and mixed types of scoliosis;
- when the curvature is observed in several places( several arches), then diagnose the S-shaped form of the disease. It refers to the 3rd and 4th degree of scoliosis.
Photogallery: types of scoliosis depending on the shape of deformation
With the thoracic C-shaped scoliosis, the massage is performed from two sides, the procedure begins with the elaboration of the convex part. To begin with, stroking techniques are used, then - pressing the base or the edge of the palm. On the long muscles, the following kneading movements should be used:
- with the thumb pad( and after and the four remaining ones folded together), it is necessary to make circular motions;
- circular effect is also produced by phalanxes of bent fingers;
- area is worked with light tweaks.
The widest muscles during the session should be worked out by such techniques:
- circular motions with one and several fingers;
- delineating circles with phalanges in a bent state;
- similar movement, but the base of the palms;
- on the sections between the ribs you need to act mainly rectilinearly with several fingers, you can add circular movements with a thumb pad.
When working with chest scoliosis necessarily knead the neck, while the intensity of movement is the same in all areas. Between the individual methods it is recommended to "insert" stroking movements.
If we talk about massage procedures in the lumbar form of the disease, the curved area, as well as the pelvic region and the leg on the side where the arch of curvature is bent , must be worked out first. The following tricks are used:
- strokes on straight lines are replaced by light pressure pressing the base of the palm;
- on the long muscles apply circular movements of the pads and phalanxes of the fingers, and the effects of the type of pinch;
- on the latissimus muscles act in a similar way;
- at the intervals between the edges not only circular motions are used, but also rectilinear and zigzag.
During the massage the legs adhere to the following sequence: thigh, knee joint, gastrocnemius, foot on the back surface, and then along the front surface in the same descending order.
With S-shaped deformation, massage is usually performed on all sites of the back.
Contraindications to performing massage procedures for children
Allergic rash in the child on the back - contraindication for massage
Scoliosis massage has a more extensive list of contraindications than the usual procedure. First of all, it is the presence of blood diseases and inflammation of the lymph nodes or blood vessels. Also, the massage will have to be abandoned if the child has serious damage to the integrity of the skin on the back, manifestations of an allergic reaction or skin disease.
The list of contraindications is supplemented with the following factors:
- diseases of the nervous system( especially during periods of exacerbation);
- frequent cases of bleeding;