Essential oils are obtained from all parts of the plant - flowers, stems, seeds, roots. All oils to some extent act as a disinfectant, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antiviral agent. They stimulate the body's immune system, improve blood circulation.
Recent scientific studies confirm the effectiveness of oils and it is proved that some aromas can significantly improve blood circulation in the brain and directly stimulate the cerebral cortex.
Since ancient times, people have used the power of essential oils for various purposes, among which were the most important therapeutic measures. The history of aromatherapy dates back to antiquity. A reference to the use of oils for therapeutic purposes in China, India, Persia and Egypt. Fragrant extracts used in many medical procedures were obtained 5000 years ago. Essential oils were considered a symbol of wealth and luxury. Hippocrates advised his patients every day to take aromatic baths and do massages with oils for medicinal purposes.
Indians believed that fragrances can open the soul and mind. For centuries, essential oils were a symbol of wealth and were one of the most precious gifts. Also, the Greeks and Romans used spirits and essences. Nowadays, aromatherapy has spread all over the world.
Aromatherapy - use of
Essential oils can also be administered orally. They easily penetrate from the intestine into the blood, be excreted through the lungs with exhaled air. Essential oils soothe the inflammation and relieve the edema of the nasal cavity. In addition, the oils have disinfectant characteristics. They kill pathogens.
- Headaches: basil oil, lavender, marjoram, mint, geranium.
- Hypertension: lavender, marjoram, rosemary, rose, sage.
- Hypotension: bergamot, mint, lavender, lemon.
- Rheumatic pains: ginger oil, coriander, cypress, eucalyptus.
- Muscle aches: cypress, juniper, lavender, mint, rosemary.
- Digestive disorders: lemon oil, coriander, lavender, mint, geranium, rose, sandal.
- Cold, runny nose, cough: aniseed oil, cypress, eucalyptus, lavender, mint, rosemary.
- Skin infections: lemon oil, eucalyptus, juniper, lavender.
- Cellulite: cypress oil, geranium, cumin, juniper, patchouli, rosemary, rose, fennel.
- Insomnia: rose oil, geranium, juniper, lavender, marjoram.
- Stress: juniper oil, lavender, lemon balm, neroli, geranium, rose.