Best ointment for leg joints. Warming Ointment for Foot Joints
Articular pain can occur quite unexpectedly. It is associated with various factors: degenerative, inflammatory processes, traumas. Regardless of the cause of discomfort, you do not want to endure the pain at all. Therefore, each person tries to find an effective tool that can alleviate discomfort. It is ointment for the joints of the feet. It is a simple, affordable and safest medication that can alleviate suffering.
The main groups of medicines
All ointments for the treatment of leg joints are classified according to the principle of action, composition and effectiveness.
In medicine, several main groups of medicines for local therapy are selected:
- Ointments based on NSAIDs. The most extensive and popular group. Such remedies quickly and effectively eliminate pain, relieve inflammation. Ointments containing NSAIDs are prescribed for any joint damage.
- Chondroprotectors. Preparations should be used for degenerative processes occurring in the joints. Such drugs are based on glucosamine and chondroitin. These substances are the main component of cartilage. Therefore, they can provide some restoration of the joint.
- Warming and topical irritating ointments. Such medications should be used with great care. Warming ointments for leg joints are based on snake, bee venom, a variety of essential oils. Some preparations contain capsaicin( this is an extract of red pepper).
- Ointments based on salicylic acid and its derivatives. Such remedies are also capable of eliminating joint pain. Excellent ointments are "Efkamon", "Viprosal", "Ben-Gay."
- Additional tools. This group includes homeopathic medicines, combined medicines. This category includes the following means: "Objective T", "Badyaga Forte", "Traumel S", cream "Sophia".
Consider the most popular and popular groups of drugs.
Ointments with NSAIDs
The basis of these drugs is an anti-inflammatory non-steroid substance. As a rule, they are diclofenac, ketoprofen, ibuprofen, nimesulide, indomethacin. Medicines are released without a prescription. Therefore, get an ointment from the inflammation of the joints of the legs is not difficult. The main thing is to know what means can help.
The most effective and popular representatives of this class include ointments:
- Voltaren Emulgel;
- "Nyz gel";
- Indomethacin Ointment.
- "Fastum gel".
- cream "Dolgit".
- "Ketonal gel".
- «Deep Relief».
Any ointment for the joints of the legs that is part of this group can block the synthesis of inflammatory mediators. This is how she removes pain and pain and relieves swelling.
However, it should be remembered that a small amount of the drug is absorbed into the blood. Therefore, an ointment with NSAIDs can become a source of development of unpleasant symptoms in the digestive system.
These medicines are widely used. However, waiting for an analgesic effect from such funds takes a long time. They are not intended to eliminate painful discomfort. These drugs have a beneficial effect on the restoration of cartilage, provided they are used for a long time( about 6-7 months).
The most popular ointment for leg joints is "Chondroxide".The medication perfectly blocks the progression of degenerative processes. Therefore, the drug is often recommended for patients with osteochondrosis, arthritis, arthrosis.
These preparations promote the expansion of capillaries. They improve local blood circulation. It is due to such influences that the resorption of the inflammatory focus is observed.
Warmers for foot joints:
- "Apizarthron" - this composition includes bee venom and methyl salicylate.
- "Capsicum" contains extract of hot pepper - capsaicin.
- "Bom-Benge" is a preparation based on methyl salicylate and menthol.
- "Viprosal" - the remedy consists of snake venom, salicylic acid, camphor, turpentine.
- "Gavkamen" - excellent effect provides menthol, camphor, clove and eucalyptus oil.
However, before using these medications, read the rules for using these medications:
- Similar ointments contain many natural allergens. Therefore, before using these drugs, make sure to test the sensitivity to the drug.
- The warming ointment for leg joints can not be used in cases of active inflammation. For example, if you have injured ligaments, then you should not resort to these medications on the first day of therapy. It is advisable to connect them to treatment only on the second day.
- Warmers for children are not recommended. Ointments cause a burning sensation, which will make the baby even more uncomfortable.
- It is important not to let the drugs get on the mucous membranes.
You can apply not only a medicament ointment for the joints of the feet. Folk remedies can not less effectively fight with unpleasant symptoms. However, do not forget to consult your doctor first.
Healers for joint treatment recommend the following ointment:
- Take dry mustard( 100 g) and salt( 200 g).Mix them.
- Add paraffin to the mixture to obtain a creamy mass.
- Put the product in a warm place for the whole day. And by the evening the ointment will be ready.
This medication should be used to rub the affected joint. Rub the ointment into the covers of the skin until the epidermis becomes dry. If there is swelling, it is recommended to bandage the joint. In the morning, rinse the skin thoroughly with water.
This procedure should be repeated several times. And you yourself will notice that in 3-5 sessions the pain will disappear, and the swelling will decrease significantly.
Contraindications to the use of
Do not forget that the ointments have a number of limitations.
These agents are contraindicated in the following circumstances:
- allergic reactions;
- pustules on the skin in the area of application;
- marked inflammation in the joint;
- concomitant severe illnesses, in which the use of ointment is prohibited.
Opinions of patients
Which is most often chosen ointment for joints of legs? Reviews of people who have experienced painful discomfort, show that one of the most effective drugs is a drug "Viprosal" based on salicylic acid. This ointment effectively removes pain. She, according to patients, can help even in a situation where it is impossible to straighten your back.
Many people point to another effective ointment - "Capsicum".Patients claim that this remedy excels in pain relief, warms up muscle tissue, eliminates inflammation. In this case, its therapeutic effect persists for 6 hours.
Despite all the effectiveness of ointments, remember that these funds are intended primarily to eliminate symptoms. And if the pain in the joints is provoked by a serious illness, you should start with a visit to the doctor. Since it is necessary not to muffle the pain, but to treat the cause of discomfort.
Ointment for pain in joints: choose the right
Ointment for joint pain is considered to be the most popular and very effective remedy for local, that is, external impact on pain syndrome.
Today, the assortment of such drugs is extremely extensive, so their choice should be approached with an understanding of the causes of existing pathologies: what ointment from pain in the knee joint to use when injuring it, and what ointment from pain in the shoulder joint to use, say, inflammatory changes in its synovial membranes(chronic osteoarthritis), bursitis or traumatic arthritis.
To evaluate the merits of all the medicines of this pharmacological group within the framework of one review is rather difficult, so we will concentrate on what names of ointments for pain in the joints are most often voiced by doctors recommending these drugs to their patients and why.
Indications for the use of ointments for joint pain
The main indications for the use of ointments for joint pain include a wide range of musculoskeletal and musculoskeletal diseases of various etiologies: traumatic, inflammatory or associated with metabolic disorders affecting the joints.
Depending on the principle of therapeutic effect, anti-inflammatory ointments and local irritants are distinguished. Anti-inflammatory ointment for pain in the joints is used for such diseases as rheumatoid arthritis, deforming arthrosis, spondylitis, osteochondrosis, osteoarthritis and osteoarthritis;with radiculitis and inflammation surrounding the joints of soft tissues( bursitis, tendovaginitis).Anti-pain agents of local action are also recommended for joint and muscle injuries, peripheral nerve lesions( neuralgia) and myalgia( muscle pain).
Ointments for pain in the joints are included in the complex systemic therapy of arthralgic syndrome, which accompanies certain infectious, endocrine, neurological and autoimmune diseases.
In many cases it is most advisable to use non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs( NSAIDs), which not only relieve pain in the joints, but also affect the inflammatory process that causes them. The form of release of these drugs - ointments, gels or creams in tubes. These include Diclofenac( Diklak-gel, Voltaren, etc.), Ibuprofen( Dip Rilif, etc.), Ketonal( Fastum gel, etc.), Piroxicam( Finalgel), etc.
To get rid of the pain that has arisen from the bruise,dislocation or stretching, ointments of locally irritating action may be used: Bengin( Bom-Benge), Vipralgon( Viprosal, Alvipsal, etc.), Gavkamen( Efkamon), Kapsikam( Espol, Finalgon).
Farmakodinamika ointments for pain in joints
The main mechanism of anti-inflammatory and analgesic action of Diclofenac( other trade names - Diklak-gel, Diclofenacol, Diclouran, Voltaren emulgel, Orthofen, Orthoflex) triggers the active substance diclofenac( sodium salt phenylacetic acid).It slows down the process of biosynthesis of local mediators of prostaglandins, which, at the site of damage to cell membranes during inflammation, provide the body's response - somatic pain.
The active substance of ointment for pain in joints Ibuprofen( other trade names - Dip Reilif, Dolgit, Ibalgin, Ibutop) is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug ibuprofen. In the ointment Piroksikam( synonyms Piroksikam-Verte, Finalagel) the main component - piroxicam. And the Ketonal drug( synonyms: Valusal, Fastum gel, Ketonal Forte, Bystrumgel, Ultrafastin) is an active substance derived from propionic acid ketoprofen, also belonging to the group of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. The pharmacodynamics of all these ointments is similar to Diclofenac: they are inhibitors of prostaglandins.
Ointments for pain in the joints that are locally irritating, pharmacological action provide:
- Bengin( Bom-Benge) - menthol and methyl salicylate;
- Vipralgon( generics: Viprosal, Viprapin, Viprobel, Nizvysal, Alvipsal, etc.) - poison of gyurzy, camphor, acid salicylic and turpentine;
- Gavkamen( Flukoldex, Efkamon) - clove oil, camphor, menthol, eucalyptus oil;
- Apizarthron( analogues - Apifor, Ungapiven, Forapin) - bee venom, methyl salicylate;
- Capsicam( analogues - Finalgal, Betalgon, Espol) - extract of bitter capsicum capsaicin.
The active substances of these drugs act reflexively, exciting the nerve endings of the skin receptors. As a result, the vessels expand, blood circulation at the site of inflammation or trauma increases( as evidenced by reddening of the skin), oxygen flow into the tissue increases. Due to this, the production of biogenic amines multiplies, which reduce pain sensitivity. A analgesic effect of capsaicin is explained by its powerful inhibitory effect on the neuropeptide, which transmits signals from the peripheral nerve endings to the brain.
Pharmacokinetics of ointments for joint pain
Given the external use of all gels, creams and ointments for joint pain, the level of absorption of their active ingredients is negligible. Thus, for ointments based on NSAIDs( diclofenac, ibuprofen, ketoprofen, etc.), it does not exceed 6%, and the association with proteins is almost 100%.When these preparations are applied to the area of the affected joint, the main amount of active substances is concentrated in the synovial fluid that fills the joint cavity. And what is trapped in the plasma is excreted through the kidneys. Information on the metabolism of most irritating ointments, according to their official instructions, is missing. At best, it can be indicated that the drug does not have a systemic effect.
Contraindications to the use of ointments for joint pain
Among the contraindications to the use of Diclofenac and its analogs is the presence in the anamnesis of patients with bronchospasm, allergic rhinitis or skin reactions after using any non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug or aspirin. With gastric ulcer, liver and kidney dysfunction, chronic heart failure and bronchial asthma, Diclofenac and all other ointments with NSAIDs are administered with caution. Children under 6 years( and Finalgel - children under 14 years), these ointments do not apply.
Absolute contraindications to the use of irritating ointments are increased sensitivity to their components and the presence of open wounds, dermatoses or even minor skin lesions at the site of application of the drug.
The use of ointments for pain in joints during pregnancy is not recommended in most cases, as there is no convincing clinical experience of their application in this situation. Ointment Diclofenac and its analogs during the third trimester of pregnancy and during lactation are not applied, and in the first two trimesters should be used with caution. Fastum gel can be used during pregnancy solely on the prescription of the treating doctor. And ointments, which contain ketoprofen, as well as bee or snake venom, are forbidden for pregnant and lactating women.
Side effects of ointments for pain in joints
The use of ointments for joint pain on the basis of all of the above non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs can be accompanied by undesirable side effects in the form of itchy skin or burning, redness or rashes. Do not exclude the possibility of systemic side effects: nausea, vomiting, headache, dizziness, swelling, increased blood pressure and abnormalities of the gastrointestinal tract.
The use of Efkamon, Gavkamen or Flukoldeks, and also ointments based on snake or bee venom quite often causes allergic skin reactions at the place of their application.
Way of administration and dose of
All ointments for joint pain have one way of applying - cutaneous. Ointments and gels based on diclofenac are rubbed into the skin over a painful place three times a day - 2-4 g of the preparation at a time. Single dose, prescribed to children 6-12 years, is 1.5-2 g( applied twice a day).
Gel Piroxicam( Finalgel) should be applied to the affected area, squeezing out a column of the drug no longer than 1 cm and rinsing it in a thin layer - three times during the day. Ointment Finalgon should be applied to the skin, rubbing the ointment with the applied applicator, 5 mm at a time - not more than three times a day. To increase the therapeutic effect, the place of application of the drug is recommended to be wrapped.
Ointments with camphor and turpentine rub 5-10 g once every 24 hours( with intense pain - twice a day).The duration of therapy is no more than 10 days. The same way of using and dosing for ointments based on poisons.
Since the external absorption of ointments, creams and gels systemic absorption of their active components is minimal, an overdose of these medicines is considered impossible. Although Finalhelgel producers warn: when the dosage of the drug was significantly exceeded, in rare cases, headache, nausea, gastrointestinal disorders, and in isolated cases - functional renal failure were recorded.
Interactions of ointments from joint pain with other
medications Diclofenac and other NSAIDs can enhance the effect of drugs that cause hypersensitivity to ultraviolet radiation( sulfonamides, antibiotics, antifungals).Interactions with other drugs in clinical practice were not observed.
Ointment Ibuprofen( and its generics) reduces the effectiveness of diuretics( furosemide and hypothiazide) and some drugs to reduce blood pressure. And with the simultaneous administration of oral glucocorticoids, there is a danger of gastrointestinal bleeding.
Conditions for storing ointments for pain in joints
The optimal storage conditions for virtually all ointments for joint pain presented in this review is a temperature of no higher than 25 ° C.Preparations based on diclofenac should be stored at a temperature not higher than + 15 ° C.The shelf-life of medicinal products is indicated on their packaging.
Ointment for knee joints
Knee joints are very vulnerable and are often subjected to increased stress, so their pathologies are diagnosed very often. The causes and symptoms of diseases of knee joints are diverse, but almost all pathologies from this group lead to impairment of mobility in the knee, restriction of movement, swelling, and pain. In the absence of adequate treatment, disability often develops.
All diseases of knee joints( arthritis, bursitis, arthrosis, etc.) require complex therapy, and treatment often involves the use of ointments( gels, balms, etc.).These means for external use are intended, mainly, for pain relief, reduction of inflammatory processes and swelling in the knee area. Consider, the treatment with which ointments is recommended most often if the knee joints ache.
Ointments for the treatment of knee joints
Ointments for pain in knee joints can be divided into three main groups:
- pain relievers;
- is an anti-inflammatory.
Let's give the names of effective and common ointments for knee joints and briefly characterize them.
Anesthetic ointments for knee joints
This type of ointment is intended primarily for use immediately after the injury of the joint( as a result of impact, fall, etc.).These funds, as a rule, have a cooling effect, soothe the affected area, help to reduce pain and prevent the appearance of puffiness.
These ointments can be administered with the following substances:
- essential oils;
- anticoagulants, etc.
When applying such a remedy, do not rub them into the skin, but simply apply a thin layer of damage to the skin. It should also be noted that these medications are not applied to open wounds.
The list of pain relievers for joints includes such drugs:
- Dolobene et al
Warming ointments for knee joints
Ointments with a warming effect are not used immediately after the injury, but in the rehabilitation period. Also, they are often recommended to use for preventive purposes before physical exertion, training. The composition of these funds usually includes components of natural origin, causing a rush of blood to the affected joint. Thanks to this, the speed of metabolic processes increases, and the restoration of knee tissues occurs faster. Ointments for joints of the knee of the warming action should be used with caution.they can cause allergic reactions, burns. This includes such drugs as:
- Espel et al
Anti-inflammatory ointment for knee joints
This group includes ointments containing various non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. These ointments should be applied, lightly rubbing into the skin with massage movements. Their systematic use helps to reduce pain in the joints of the knees, eliminate stiffness, improve motor activity, and remove puffiness. The pronounced anti-inflammatory effect is due to the good absorption of the drug and the accumulation of active substances in the synovial membrane and synovial fluid of the knee joint. Popular means related to anti-inflammatorylocal preparations are:
- Nurofen et al
It should be noted that any of the ointments listed above should be used only after consultation with the doctor and establishing the cause of inflammation and pain of the knee joint.
Ointment for joints will give ease and confidence in movements
As medical practice shows, diseases such as rheumatoid, deforming or reactive arthritis, gout and many other diseases are very difficult to treat. To ease the condition and cure inflamed seats will help ointment from the joints.
- One of the most effective medicines is Voltaren Emulgel( Diclofenac).The duration of treatment, which doctors recommend, should not be more than two weeks.
- The second place after this ointment is Bystrum-gel.
- Indomethacin and Fastum-gel are no less effective.
- Separately it is necessary to allocate ointment Gymnastal, which is characterized as an anesthetic and anti-inflammatory. This ointment has a complex composition and is used in the treatment of bruises, sprains, radiculitis and so on.
- Especially popular is the ointment from the life-giving. It is used for rheumatic pain, radiculitis, osteochondrosis, closed fractures, sprains. Although it is an excellent tool for the treatment of joints, its use is prohibited for pregnant and lactating women, children under 12 years of age and people who suffer from allergic reactions.
- A good remedy for the treatment of osteochondrosis, arthritis and other pains can rightfully be considered Dikul ointment for joints - reviews about this tool are only positive. It has anti-inflammatory, warming, analgesic effect and improves blood circulation.
Comfrey officinalis, or a live eye
Traditional medicine in the fight against joint pain
Medical products will undoubtedly become the best option for the treatment of arthrosis, arthritis and other. But besides this there are effective folk methods, namely ointment from joint inflammation and much more.
- Treatment of arthritis To prepare the ointment, it is necessary to take a liter jar and place on its bottom pine buds a layer of 2 cm. A layer of sugar is then poured over the top. So, alternating layers of pine buds and sugar, the pot is filled to the top. She is cleaned for a week in a dark place and after the received ointment carefully should be rubbed in sick joints.
- Herbal ointment for pain in the joints To prepare an ointment for the treatment of joints from medicinal herbs, you need to stock up with flowers of sweet clover, hop cones and St. John's wort flowers. It is required to take two tablespoons of each herb and mix thoroughly with 50 g of butter. The resulting agent in the form of an ointment is laid out in a dense tissue and applied to the inflamed joint. From above it is required to cover with a compress and wrap it with a warm cloth. Keep the ointment required for two hours.
- Garlic tincture This is one of the most effective means that we are offered folk recipes. The tincture is prepared as follows: take sunflower oil and squeeze 3 cloves of garlic into it. The mixture is infused for 5 days and then rubbed into a sore spot.
- Compression from clay For this method it is necessary to purchase blue clay and dilute it to a viscous state with water. Further, the material obtained is wrapped in cotton cloth and applied to the inflamed area for three hours. After this time, the clay is discarded. It can not be reused.
- Mustard ointment Another effective remedy is ointment from mustard. To make it, you need to take in equal parts salt, honey and soda, mix with liquid mustard, until you get a uniform consistency. Then we make a compress from the received mass - we put it to the joint, wrap it with a warm cloth and bandage it. Ointment can be kept for up to 1 hour, then it must be washed off.
honey is a part of
ointments Pregnancy and leg pain
Often, future moms face pain in the legs. This is because the growing tummy at the end of the pregnancy becomes very difficult, and it is quite difficult to wear it. In view of this, the center of gravity of the body moves, and all the load is directed to the feet. Under the influence of such factors, unpleasant and aching leg pains occur during pregnancy.
Ignoring the pain syndrome can lead to the fact that more serious diseases will develop, which will be more difficult to treat. The first thing you need to learn to observe is proper walking. This will help distribute the weight on the legs and spine. Also it is worth wearing comfortable shoes and avoiding heavy loads.
Prevention of pain in the legs for pregnant women will be the use of calcium and compliance with a healthy diet( no diet!).Use of any ointment is strictly prohibited. To get rid of pain in the legs, you should make an appointment with a doctor, only he will prescribe the appropriate treatment. In this version, self-medication is strictly contraindicated, since it can harm the future child.
Complex treatment of
Undoubtedly, the use of medical or folk ointments will bring its own benefits, but it is worth remembering that the cause needs to be treated from the inside. In the event that the first signs of joint pain begin to appear, you should make an appointment with a doctor. He will study the nature of pain and diagnose. Treatment will consist not only of rubbing and the use of ointments, but also the use of tablets will be included in the course of treatment. Most often it can be diclofenac, teraflex or meloxicam.
Depending on the degree of the disease, the doctor can additionally prescribe electroimpulse, manual or ultrasound therapy, therapeutic gymnastics or swimming. It will also be necessary to review the regimen and nutrition of the patient. All complex treatment will help to forget about joint pain.
When the pains of
are manifested The season of exacerbation of pain in joints can be considered autumn period. It is at this time that the body pays for excessive summer physical activity. Under the summer activity, you can mean loads when working in the country, extreme rest, which is accompanied by physical actions, and much more. All this leads to an exacerbation of osteochondrosis and pain in the joints.
In addition to physical exertion, the following can lead to exacerbations:
What is the best ointment for joints?
indomethacin.not only relieves pain, but also cures.and inexpensive.
Voltaren is not bad!
TRAUMEL C-the best( ((expensive but it's worth it. . tested
Find a sheet of Indian onion( room rast.) Rubbed and wrapped with wool, you can briefly attach something warming( heating pad)
1) 1 glass of vodka, 5 pods of red hot pepper, 1 bubble of iodine, 1 bottle of valerian. For a day insist in a dark bottle. At a sore spot, draw a frequent mesh, wrap it in with heat.use as a compress
2) Radiculitis, arthritis, arthrosis,osteochondrosis, joints and bone tissue
Prepare a grinding compound: 300 g of alcohol( vodka)
10 ml of camphor alcohol
10 ml of iodine
10 tablets of analgin
Insist 21 days in a dark place Use for rubbing or compresses.
These ointments on the telly are a dime a dozen. . The fastum gel of them is the most famous)