Therapeutic gymnastics( LFK) for cervical osteochondrosis - examples of exercisesOsteochondrosis of the cervical spine is an insidious disease. The age threshold of morbidity falls every year, so now the problem of cervical osteochondrosis treatment is as acute as never before.
Unfortunately, the penetration of medicine in different parts of our country leaves much to be desired, and now self-preventive maintenance of the disease and supportive therapy at home are extremely topical.
To help us come various exercises for the prevention and treatment of cervical osteochondrosis and professionally composed exercise therapy( therapeutic and physical education complexes).
Prophylaxis of cervical osteochondrosis.
The prevention of cervical osteochondrosis is massage and self-massage
.The warming up techniques of massage, rubbing, patting, restore blood circulation in muscles, relieve the tension of neck muscles. Massage can be done by itself, stretching and rubbing the back of the surface of the neck and the base of the skull, eliminating this stagnation of blood and restoring the circulation of the head.
The workplace should be comfortable. You should use an ergonomic chair. Elbows should lie at the table level, the back is straight, the computer monitor is slightly above the look. In work, you need to take breaks to reduce static loads on your back.
Preventive measure of osteochondrosis is the performance of exercises for the cervical department. Less dangerous are isometric exercises, consisting in counteracting the load for 5-6 seconds. The head opposes the pressure of the palm of the hand. Perform exercises without sudden movements, smoothly.
- Sitting at a table with a straight back. Put your elbow on the table, press your ear to the palm of your hand, tilt your head to your shoulder, counteracting it with your hand. Hold 10 seconds, 10 repetitions. The lateral muscles of the neck are strengthened. Repeat the same number of times in both directions.
- Sitting at the table, place your arm on the table on your elbow, lean on your palm forehead, rest your hand and press your head for 10 seconds. Repeat 10 times.
- Lie on the floor on your back. Push the back of the head to the floor. Hold the position for 5-6 seconds.
- Lie on the floor on your stomach, put pressure on the floor with your forehead.
- Lie on the floor on the left side, the left hand lies on the floor, put your head on it and press your head on your arm.
- Same for the right side.
- Sitting on a chair with a straight back, fingers to connect to the lock, put on the back of the head, press down the back of the head with the clasped fingers.
- Standing against the wall, squeeze the back of the head against the wall.
All of the above isometric exercises should be performed with effort for 5-6 seconds, then slowly relieve tension and relax. Do 5-10 repetitions.
Beneficial effect on the condition of the cervical department of the execution of the vises on the horizontal bar. You can perform visas with a wide and narrow grip for 30 seconds. Under the influence of its own weight, all spinal vertebrae are stretched.
You should pay attention to your habits, do not be hunched over the table, keep your posture, while talking on the phone, do not press the receiver with your ear to your shoulder.
Be sure to do every hour breaks in work. A good prevention is swimming.
Learn more about the symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis. Correct diagnosis is the key to the correct choice of treatment. Use Mawalis pricks with osteochondrosis read in our article.
Find out what to do when your head is aching with cervical osteochondrosis in this article - http: //osteocure.ru/bolezni/osteohondroz/ golovnaya-bol.html
To prevent illness, you can perform daily simple small exercise complexes. The program of Vladimir Perov presents quite accessible exercises. In order to determine the condition of the cervical spine, you can perform small tests: bend the head back and forth, tilt to the shoulder and turn the head to the left and to the right.
Normally, a person should bend his head 45 degrees, unbend 50. To tilt the head to the shoulder should be at 45 degrees, rotate the head 90 degrees in both directions.
Medical gymnastics for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine.
It is possible to begin exercises of therapeutic gymnastics only after the pain sensations stop. You can not perform exercises during an attack. After an attack, it is allowed to conduct isometric exercises of low intensity, in this case the muscles tense up, resisting the load. Muscles of the neck create a muscular corset, firmly holding the vertebrae.
All the exercises must be performed slowly, without jerks and sudden movements. Before performing gymnastic complexes, you should choose an individual technique, based on the opinion of a specialist.
Therapeutic exercise of Dr. Ignatiev.
- Position sitting, back and neck are straight. Turn the head to the right and left until it stops, but gently, not abruptly. Repeat 10 times.
- Seated position, straight back and neck. Lower your head down, try to touch your chest with your chin.10 repetitions.
- Position sitting, chin and neck pull back, 10 repetitions.
- The sitting position, hands freely hang down along the body. Gently lift your shoulders and hold for 10 seconds. Relax. Run 10 repetitions.
- Lying on a hard surface, knead 4 minutes of the neck muscles and the base of the skull. Try to perform massage intensively to improve the flow of blood.
- Rinse sitting or lying on a hard surface of the muscle between the shoulder blades and above the shoulder blades.
- In a circular motion, stretch the muscles over the ear and to the back of the neck.
A complex of exercises, combined with slow, calm breathing. Breathing helps focus on the performance of the exercise, helps to increase its effectiveness. Repeat preferably during the day several times. The amplitude of the movements is small. Lying position helps reduce the load on the vertebrae, you can not strive to do everything at once. The main thing is caution, gradualness and persistence of studies.
- Lying on the back on the floor. One hand on the abdomen, the other on the chest. A quiet breath - the stomach rises, then the chest. Exhalation is calm, long. It is necessary to try, that the exhalation was longer than inhalation. Perform freely, relaxed. Make 10 repetitions.
- Lying on the floor on the stomach. Slowly raise your head, then your shoulders, then rest with your hands in front of you, linger for 1 minute. Try to always remember the posture.
- Lying on the stomach. Hands are located along the trunk. Loosely, slowly turn your head, trying to touch the ear of the floor. Repeat left-right 6 times.
- Seated position. Head tilt forward, then back slowly tilt to the stop, but not sharply and not to pain. Repeat 10 times.
- Sitting at the table. Elbows put on the table, put your head in the palm of your hand, push your forehead against your palm. Try to strain as much as possible. Perform the exercise on exhalation. Repeat 10 times.
- Rotate the head alternately 5 times in the left and right side. If you feel pain, you should limit your chin to the left shoulder, then to the right to the shoulder. Repeat 6 times.
Video-manual on curative gymnastics with cervical osteochondrosis.
You can choose the most effective of the many video-manuals on curative gymnastics for the therapy of the cervical spine. It is better to follow the recommendations of existing manual therapists and trust their experience.
VD Gitt , experienced manual therapist, author of the micromotion theory , gives effective recommendations for performing exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
The theory of micromovement is that the food is absorbed by the cartilage while working. However, large loads destroy the cartilage. Small, in the "homeopathic" dose of movement, on the contrary, contribute to the assimilation of substances from the synovial fluid.
It is necessary to listen to the recommendations of the practicing manual doctor IE Kostyuk .Great work experience allows the doctor to tell simple language about complex things, to recommend the most effective set of exercises. Smooth and diverse neck movements, turns, slopes, combinations, a complex of thoughtful movements allow the complex to be used daily for people of all ages. Exercises for the neck department of Dr. Butrimov are available to everyone.
The complex of Mikhail Shilov works well on the muscles of the neck, without sudden movements and efforts, the back muscles are gently stretched under the effect of the weight of the head, the shoulders are released, and the ease of movement is restored.
Complex exercises LFK( therapeutic gymnastics) with cervical osteochondrosis of the spine. Video manual.
These exercises are suitable both for the treatment and prevention of cervical osteochondrosis, and for the cervicothoracic form of the disease.
Video manual on massage of the cervical collar zone with osteochondrosis.
Combining massage, self-massage, achieving medical massage techniques, controlling your posture and performing simple exercises for cervical vertebrae, a person will gain ease, freedom, relaxed movements and, perhaps, forget about the existence of cervical osteochondrosis.
Special gymnastics for the treatment of osteochondrosis
The most accessible and active method of treatment are physical exercises that are aimed at unloading the spine and strengthening the muscular corset.
It is best to perform gymnastics in the morning. Gymnastic complexes should be introduced into the system. Only in this case, therapeutic exercises with osteochondrosis will give good results: pain will disappear, coordinated movements will appear, and overall well-being will improve.
Complex of exercises
Position: lying on the back. You can perform in the morning without getting out of bed on a hard mattress.
- Bend your knees and press them against each other, put your feet together. Spread your knees with effort, as if overcoming an obstacle. Then, lower your knees.
- Grasp the back of the bed and lift the straight legs. Gradually increase the number of repetitions with each lesson. You can start with 10 times.
Muscle stretching exercise
Get on all fours with an emphasis on the forearms. The back should be straight. Slowly lower your head, trying to press your chin against your chest. Fix this position before the drawing of pain.
Exercises in standing position
- Place the right hand under the chin, the left behind the back. Slowly turn the body to the left, twisting the spine as much as possible until the pain is painful. Lock the position. Change the position of the hands and execute also on the right side. Repeat 3 times for each side.
- Keep your straight, divorced arms at chest level. Slowly and smoothly, try to bend your back, trying to keep the shoulder blades. Repeat 3 times. This exercise can be performed from a sitting or lying position.
Complexes of exercises for the neck
This gym is recommended for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine. The number of repetitions is 5 times for each exercise.
- Lie on your side, raise your head and fix the position, counting to five.
- Lying on the stomach, hands on the back of the head, closed in the lock. Raise your head slowly, at the same time, with resistance with your hands.
- Lie on your back with a hard pillow under your head. Press the back of the head on the pillow and fix the head in this position for 5 seconds. Breathing should be arbitrary.
Physiotherapy exercises for osteochondrosis of the spine
For those with sedentary work, it is recommended to perform the following set of exercises:
- Lean on the back of the chair, put your hands behind your head. On inhalation, strongly bend backwards. Start with 3 times.
- Breathe deeply, raise your hands up and stretch your fingertips to the ceiling.
- Slowly lift your shoulders, trying to reach your ears. Then slowly lower your shoulders as far as possible. Breath deep.
- Slowly roll the head from right to left and back.
- Perform sitting slopes to the sides. Try to touch the hands of the floor.
- Lean your hands on a chair and alternately lift that one or the other leg.
To strengthen the spine in the cervical region, you can perform self-massage after the gym. For the treatment of osteochondrosis, it is recommended to include exercises to relax the muscles.
- Snap your fingers on the back of your head and push it, as if overcoming resistance. Then put your hands down.
- Press brushes on the temples and take a deep breath. On exhalation, lower your arms and "drop" your head on your chest.
- Maximize the vanes, fix the position and then relax the muscles.
Performing these exercises every 3 hours, you can prevent the development of osteochondrosis, relieve muscle tension and pain.
Complexes of exercises for the back
This gymnastics for back can be included in the complex of morning exercises.
- Standing, hands on hips. Tilt your head in different directions, without tipping it back. Slopes should be slow.
- From the same position, follow the movements of the pelvis back and forth, fixing the trunk for 2-3 seconds. Repeat 10 times.
- From the same position, arch your back as much as possible. Then, bend the back and fix the position. You can perform 20 times.
- Lie on your back and pull your bent knees to your stomach. Breathing is arbitrary.
Exercises for the lumbar spine
Therapeutic exercises allow you to restore the flexibility of the spine.
Recommended exercises for lumbar department
- Running standing. In each side, make movements with a pelvis 10 times. At runtime, keep your back straight.
- Get on your knees with an emphasis on straight hands. On inhaling, slowly raise both your right leg and your left arm. Fix the pose for 5 seconds and slowly lower it. Do the same with the left foot and right hand. Gradually bring the hold time to 1 minute.
- From the same position on inhalation turn to the right, on exhalation return to the starting position. Do the same movement to the left. With time, increase the amplitude of movements.
Exercises on the crossbar
This complex of exercise therapy is very effective for osteochondrosis of the 2nd degree. Exercises in the vise, hands on the width of the shoulders.
- Perform foot movements to the sides, then together, forward and backward.
- Bend your legs in your lap. Start with 10 times.
- Reject your head and bend.
- Feet your legs and make turns with your torso.
- Perform circular motions with your feet.
- Pull the legs closed in the lap to the stomach.
- Raise your straight legs and hold them at an angle a few seconds.
- In conclusion, do exercise number 1.
Do not perform all of the suggested exercises. You can choose several that suit you. The load on the spine in the first sessions should be minimal. The amplitude of movements and load is increased gradually.
Osteochondrosis changes lives in a matter of months and is far from the best. Back pain, numbness in the limbs, dizziness and a whole list of unpleasant symptoms. An important role in getting rid of these manifestations is played by LPC in osteochondrosis.
What is the treatment of osteochondrosis?
Most diseases of the back have a similar treatment scheme, in the case when it is possible to do without surgical intervention.
- The first stage of treatment is mainly aimed at relieving symptoms and inhibiting the development of the disease. Use for this non-steroidal anti-inflammatory substances. They relieve swelling, remove inflammation and reduce irritating factors for the nerve roots of the spinal cord. Pain releases and the patient becomes much easier. It is important that he understands that the absence of symptoms is not a recovery. It is necessary to stop taking medication and osteochondrosis will return with double force.
- When the pain is gone, the next stage begins. It includes physiotherapy, massage and physical exercises. Physiotherapy is an impact on the area affected by radiation, current, heat, cold, etc. But, unfortunately, not all patients succumb to this method of treatment. The massage has excellent recovery rates, but an important condition is that it is performed by a professional. And in physical exercises, 90% is the secret to getting rid of the disease.
Complexes of physical exercises
For each department of the spine has its own set of exercises. The main goal of gymnastics is to make the back muscles sturdy, allowing you to lift the weight from the vertebrae and keep the spine in the right position.
The advantage of LPC in the osteochondrosis of the spine is that every movement is physiological. Accordingly, the muscles are not overextended.
Rules for the implementation of the IFS
- The most important thing is not to engage during pain episodes. Gymnastics will not ease it, but will strengthen.
- Movement should not be a discomfort. If there is a burning sensation, pain, numbness, etc., you should stop this movement. Returning to such movements, after a week's break, you can understand how fast your recovery is.
- After intensive workouts, take small breaks. You can walk a few laps around the room.
- Performing movements should be soft, smooth without a hint of harshness. Do not hurry.
- Breathe deeply and smoothly. Do not let the breath go wrong.
Treatment of the cervical spine
Exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
Physiotherapy for cervical osteochondrosis can be performed in two initial positions - sitting and lying. After assessing the patient's condition, the doctor selects a suitable set of exercises. It is not recommended to start any exercises without consulting a specialist.
The floor is suitable for training, or a hard bed without a pillow.
- Lie on the surface, align the spine. For this, under the waist should be a small distance. After that, start the exercises. Raise your head, hold it for a few seconds and go back to its original position. Do not hold your breath. Repeat the movement 10 times, rest and repeat 10 more times.
- Then, drag your chin to the ceiling, lifting your head as far as possible. Hold at the highest point and return back. Repeat 10 times for 2 approaches.
- Turn over on your side, tear your head off the surface, trying to give a parallel to the floor position. Hold your head for a few seconds in this position, then return to the starting position. Repeat 10 times for 2 approaches. Turn over on your stomach, stretch your arms along the body. Raise your head, looking straight ahead. Keep your chin straight. Hold for a few seconds and return to the starting position. Repeat 10 times for 2 approaches.
Remember that physical education for cervical osteochondrosis should be neat. Lfk is considered to be the most secure complex, but if the rules of execution are violated, you can get injured. Especially in this fragile department of the spine.
Treatment of thoracic osteochondrosis
Thoracic osteochondrosis is less common, but its course is complicated by pain in the ribs, the severity of breathing and pain in the region of the heart. Therapeutic physical training in chest osteochondrosis helps the patient to breathe deeper from the first days of training. Performing exercises standing. Put your feet to the width of your shoulders. Imagine that these are small springs, do not strain them. The back should be straight. You can first go to the wall and straighten the spine on it.
- Tilt your head to your chest. Strive to touch the body with your chin. Keep your shoulders together. It turns out that you were hunched up. Having stopped in this position for 5seconds, reverse the effect - tilt the head back, remove the scapula. Repeat 10 times for 2 sets.
- Raise the shoulders alternately. Each 10 times, then lift both arms simultaneously and lock for 5 seconds. Repeat 10 times.
- Leave your shoulders in a circle. First, one way, then the other. Make maximum movements. In each direction should be done 10 turns.
- Lower your hands, stretch a little down. Do not go low - let the palms remain at the level of the knees. Stop for a few seconds, even. This exercise should be done 10 times in 2 approaches.
- Squeeze your hands into fists, rest against their backs. And then bend back. Quit for a few seconds and return to the starting position.
During exercise, do not forget about the need for deep breathing. Do not delay it.
Treatment of lumbar osteochondrosis
LFK with lumbar osteochondrosis
Lfk with osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine is the only salvage from medications. It should be noted that although the pills relieve symptoms and even treat, they negatively affect other body systems. The liver, the gastrointestinal tract, the heart, etc. suffer.
Lumbar osteochondrosis is the most common problem. Suffer a disease, both young people, and aged. Lumbar vertebrae are the most massive, they bear the main gravity of the body. Consequently, the load here is the highest and the strongest muscles play an important role.
The exercises in this complex are performed from a variety of positions - sitting, standing, lying down and even on all fours.
Exercises from standing position:
- Feet on shoulder width, do not strain them. Keep your back straight and lean forward. The slope should be, without bending your back, as if you decided to look behind your back in front of a standing person. Then slowly lean back. The back should also remain straight.
- Muscles are slightly prepared, now perform the maximum incline forward - back.
- Put your hands behind your head, stretch, slightly bending your back. Hold in this position for a few seconds and relax.
- The hands also stay behind the head, make small inclines left-right.
Exercises are performed 10 times on 2 approaches. It is best to perform each movement 10 times, then break and repeat everything. Thus, the load will be evenly distributed, and not loaded on one group of muscles.
Exercises from the prone position:
- Lie on your back, legs bend at the knees and push it towards you. Raise the pelvis to the level of the knees, stay in this position and go back.
- Try to relax as much as possible, then strain the muscles of the press, hold the muscles for 5 seconds, then relax again. Do the exercise 10 times.
- Pull your legs towards you, bringing your knees closer to your chest. Press your knee to yourself with your hands, then release your foot.
- Put your hands under your head and stretch as if you've just woken up.
This therapeutic exercise with lumbar osteochondrosis will not only strengthen the muscles, but also sprain the spine. Due to this, a free distance is formed between the vertebrae. The impact on the intervertebral disc is weakened, and the general condition of the patient improves.
Exercises sitting on the chair
The chair should be sturdy, with a straight back.
- Sit on a chair, press your back against the back of a chair. Put your hands behind your head and gently make small inclines left-right.
- Bend to the knees and make a few small additional slopes, like a residual wiggle.
- Align, hands behind head. Do the inclinations one by one trying to touch the right elbow to the left knee and vice versa.
Each movement, repeat 10 times with 2 approaches.
Exercises on all fours
Such therapeutic exercise with osteochondrosis of the spine allows you to stretch the vertebrae away from each other.
- Get on all fours, keep your head straight. First, perform breathing exercises - a deep breath, a deep exhalation. Breathe, not the belly. Perform 10 breaths and exhalations.
- Fold the spine like a stretching cat. Take a deep breath out. As soon as the exhaled air is over, go on to the next exercise.
- Bend your back as much as an angry cat. Take a deep breath.
For a more visual introduction to the movements, you can watch the video.
The effectiveness of exercise therapy
This method of treatment is the oldest. The connection of spinal diseases with muscle training is far from new, and any doctor will advise the patient to strengthen the muscular corset.
But the main condition of efficiency is the individual selection of the complex. This is due to the fact that each organism is individual. Each patient has different physical training, a different stage of the development of the disease. And you can learn this only after a professional examination by a specialist.
Do not start treatment yourself, because of ignorance, you can cause great damage to your body. The most harmless thing that can happen is you pull the muscle, but everything can happen, right down to a serious pinch of the nerve due to a sharp displacement of the vertebrae. And, as a consequence, treatment will be more protracted and difficult.
Gymnastics for osteochondrosis of the lumbar region( video, photo)
Treatment of spinal osteochondrosis with the help of exercise therapy
If the doctors diagnosed "osteochondrosis of the spine of the lumbar region" - the patient should think about lifestyle, nutrition, dramatically changing it towards active with mandatory charging and diet. If you ignore the diagnosis, and do not change your lifestyle, even after a successful medical treatment, the back osteochondrosis will come back again after a while.
To treat osteochondrosis of the back, complex treatment is recommended, including:
- drug therapy;
- diet food, it is possible to prescribe a salt-free diet;
- therapeutic charge for the lumbar spine.
An excellent way to eliminate pain syndrome with back osteochondrosis - exercise therapy. With the help of this physiotherapeutic method, a strong muscular corset is created, the task of which is to maintain in a stable state and protect the spine from defeat by osteochondrosis.
Before starting exercise therapy for the back with osteochondrosis, it is necessary to eliminate the pain syndrome. This is done with the help of medicines - analgesics. If the patient's condition does not stabilize, then exercise can only exacerbate the disease, then charging for the back with osteochondrosis certainly will not help. As soon as the painful sensations are eliminated, after 2-3 days the therapy course can begin.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW!Doctors recommend! When back pain is needed. .. Read on - & gt;
General recommendations for exercise therapy
In the early stages, therapeutic gymnastics with lumbar osteochondrosis should be done in the supine position, since in this position the load on the spine is minimal.
If a weak pain sensation appears during exercise, a special roller is used that is placed under the knees. All LFK exercises are performed without sudden movements, slowly, smoothly, so as not to provoke complications. Performing exercises in prone position, the roller must be placed under the ankle joints.
Important! The complex of exercises for therapeutic and prophylactic gymnastics must be coordinated with the attending physician, since even insignificant, from your point of view, "deviations" from the individual complex will negatively affect the recovery. Before choosing a set of health-improving exercises, it is necessary to establish a diagnosis correctly, since degenerative processes in the intervertebral discs appear as a result of improper operation of the muscles of the back. In this case, therapeutic gymnastics with osteochondrosis as an additional therapy will be appropriate.
8 important rules of the exercise room
Specialists in health gymnastics call 8 rules, observing which you will get the maximum effect from the therapeutic and recreational gymnastics for the back, and also keep the achieved effect for a long time:
- Before the beginning of the gym, be sure to consult a doctor.
- Charge should be done regularly, ideally - in the morning of each day.
- We are engaged in comfortable, from natural fabrics clothes, avoiding hypothermia.
- During gymnastics, watch your sensations carefully: if pain occurs, reduce the load or stop exercising altogether.
- While doing the exercises, do not make sharp movements, do everything slowly, neatly, smoothly.
- Watch your breath, do not delay it.
- While performing the exercises for the back, make sure that the deflection of the spine forward - lumbar lordosis - does not increase, as this can provoke an exacerbation.
- Follow the individual set of exercises clearly.
What are the goals of exercise therapy?
LFK for the spinal part of the spine, in combination with drug therapy, is aimed at: preventing the
- from progressing to the degenerative process of intervertebral discs;
- to remove compensatory muscle spasms;
- to eliminate the pain syndrome that arose due to compression of the vertebrae of the nerve roots.
Before the therapeutic gymnastics, experts recommend a warm-up for the back.
- Position, lying on the back, pull the feet on yourself, then - to the floor. Knees alternately unbend and bend.
- In a position lying on your back, slowly raise your hands up, and then, we put it behind your head.
- From the prone position, we pull the legs in the knees, then slowly lift the sacrum from the floor.
- Position lying on the back, knees bent - tear off the head and shoulders off the floor, stay in this position for 5 seconds, return to the original position.
- Pose - sitting on his knees, hands rest on the floor with his hands. Alternately, bend the spine.
- In the position lying on the abdomen, alternately raise each leg 7 cm from the floor, keeping the foot for 5-7 seconds.
Therapeutic gymnastic complex for back
The therapeutic and prophylactic complex for back consists of several stages. The first stage - exercises are required to be performed without special stress, the second stage and the third - are performed with the greatest effort. On performance, scroll on the day 20 minutes, best to plan for exercise therapy morning time or one hour before sleep.
Complexes of back exercises are different for different periods, they must be discussed with the doctor individually, practiced with a methodologist for therapeutic and preventive physical education.
- Position - standing, feet set on the width of shoulders, hands - on the waist. Slowly, without sudden movements, lean forward, we return to the starting position. Further, from the initial position, bend with the straight back as far back as possible. Repeat 10-15 times.
- The starting position is the same, but the slopes are executed from side to side, we follow the back, it must be straight. We perform 10-15 times.
- Position lying: we strain the abdominal muscles, we try, as it were, to squeeze the back into the floor. We stay in this position for 5-10 seconds, repeat 10-15 times.
- Lying on the back, legs bend at the knees. With the elbow of the right hand, we try to reach the knee of our left leg. We do the same, but with the other hand and foot. Repeat 10-15 times.
- The starting position is lying on the back: we stretch our hands behind the head, stretch ourselves well.
Therapeutic gymnastics for the back we perform 2-3 months, ideally - all life. Do not forget about the continuous control of the correctness of posture. Exercises, the force of their work, specialists choose, taking into account the patient's condition.
When can I not exercise?
Like all medical procedures, exercise therapy has its own contraindications and limitations. Do not exercise if:
- high temperature;
- there is instability of the spine department( before the beginning of exercise of the exercise therapy perform an X-ray examination);
- on the background of worsening of the general condition - neurological symptoms increase.
LFK at an osteochondrosis for a back plays the important role as tones up muscles, well strengthens them. If the muscles are weak, the entire load and weight of the body "hang" on the spine, deforming the intervertebral discs, flattening them. Strengthened muscles of the back, lumbar spine create an additional corset, part of the load is taken over. And also, therapeutic exercises help to get rid of salts, as muscular and bone tissues at physical loads use them to compensate physiological losses. And constant active movements, gradually, day after day, like "grind" the thorns of salt, making them not so sharp and painful.
Therapeutic gymnastics for osteochondrosis: exercises, video
LFK in osteochondrosis: an exercise complex
Gymnastics with osteochondrosis plays the main role, since it strengthens and tones the back muscles well. With weak muscles, the weight of the body "hangs" on one spine, flattening and deforming the disks. If the muscles of the back and waist are well strengthened, they seem to create an extra corset and take on a part of the body weight.
In addition, therapeutic exercises with osteochondrosis of the spine helps to get rid of excess salts, because with exercise, bone and muscle tissue uses them to compensate physiological losses. And, at last, regular active movements, which is therapeutic gymnastics when salts are deposited, gradually "salt" the salt spikes, making them less acute and painful.
Medical gymnastics will be effective only if it is carried out regularly, every day for 10-15 minutes. Below is a universal set of exercises that will suit everyone:
- You need to start small, gradually complicating every movement - increasing the number of repetitions, strength and amplitude of slopes and turns.
- To enhance the effect of exercise, you can use a stick, holding it with your elbows behind your back.
- The first four exercises of the complex are preparatory and prepare the cardiovascular system for exercise;the last four, on the contrary, contribute to bringing the body into a calm state after training.
Universal gymnastics complex for osteochondrosis
- Raise your hands, stretch upwards( inhale), then lower down, returning to the initial position( exhalation).
- Grasp the support and climb from the heel to the toe.
- Stand upright, legs shoulder-width apart, hands on waist. Take your hands back, bringing your shoulder blades as far as possible( inhaling).Return the elbows first to the starting position, and then forward as far as you can( exhale).
- Walk in place, lifting your knees high.
- Stand straight, feet shoulder-width apart. Maximally reach up, raising your hands( inhaling), then lean forward( exhale).
- Hands are lowered along the trunk. Tilt alternately left and right, sliding them along the body.
- Stand straight. Turn around in different directions, your hands are relaxed and, as it were, overwhelm the body.
- Circular rotation to the right and to the left by the lower part of the trunk.
- Circular rotation of the hands alternately in different directions.
- Stand straight, hands on belt, feet shoulder width apart. Take your right hand back, looking at it( breath), go back( exhale).Do the same on the other side.
- Standing straight or sitting on a chair, make the head inclines alternately to the right, left, back and forth, then circular movements.
- Sit on a chair and slowly slide your feet on the floor forward and back alternately.
- Stand upright, reach up with your hands up( inhale), drop down( exhale).
To the universal complex of gymnastics for osteochondrosis, you can add to the choice of special additional exercises for the cervical, thoracic or lumbar spine, as well as for large joints, most prone to the deposition of salts - humeral, hip, and knee.
Therapeutic exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
Exercises for the cervical spine:
- The starting position is lying on the abdomen, the head is turned to the side. Raise yourself up on your hands, throw your head back( inhale), go back( exhale).
- Throw your head back, touching your back. Pull your shoulders vertically.
- Tilt your head forward, and, touching your chest, slide your chin up and down, simulating the movements of birds when cleaning feathers.
Therapeutic exercises for chest osteochondrosis
Exercises to help unload the thoracic area:
- Sit on a chair, put your hands behind your head( inhale), bend back as far as possible, touching the back of the chair with your shoulder blades( exhalation).
- Stand on all fours, bend your back, keep your head straight, stay in this position for a few seconds, then go back to the starting position.
- Exercise "The Boat".Lie on your stomach, hands along the body. Bend down "boat", tearing off the head and legs as high as possible from the floor.
Therapeutic exercises for lumbar osteochondrosis
Exercises for the lumbar spine:
- Lie on your back, press your knees bent at your knees as close as possible to your chest.
- Lie on your stomach, rest on the floor with your hands bent. Straightening your arms, squeeze from the floor without lifting your legs.
- Get on your knees, leaning straight on the floor. Maximize your back, then go back to the starting position.
- Stand upright, feet shoulder-width apart. Lean down, trying to reach the floor with your hands. Then straighten up, raise your hands over your head and bend as much as possible.
- Exercise "cat" perfectly removes tension from the back. Stand on all fours, leaning on your knees and palms. Hands and back should be straight, do not tilt your head, look forward. Tilt your head down and bend your back up with a cat-like arc, stay in this position for 10 seconds, then go back and relax.
- It is also useful to hang at every opportunity on the crossbar for 1-2 minutes.
Exercises for shoulder joints
- Sit on a chair, put your hands on your waist and spread it apart. Slowly lift your shoulders up to the stop and gently lower them down, slightly pulling your head.
- Sit on a chair, press against the back, arms on the waist, elbows are divorced. Smoothly move the shoulders back and forth.
- In the same starting position, alternate circular movements with shoulders.
- Sit on a chair and get the back of the aching arm as much as possible, wrap it around the wrist and pull it to the side of the buttock until the pain appears. Stop in this position for 10 seconds and strain the sore arm. Then relax it and try to move a few more inches before the pain. Repeat 3-5 times.
- Get your hands behind your back and tie into the lock. Then pull in different directions, as if trying to break the lock. Alternately pull them to the right and left, without uncoupling.
- Become straight, folded behind the back of the castle, slowly pull your hands back and forth, trying to keep as far as possible, but without sharp pain. Thus the sick arm or hand remains passive.
Exercises for hip joints
- Lie on your side, bend your right foot in the knee and get the floor in front of you. Then do the same on the other side.
- Lie on your stomach. Bend the right leg, take it to the side and press it with your knee to the floor, as if crawling "in a plastic way".Then do the same on the left side.
- Lying on your stomach, place emphasis on bent hands. Then straighten your arms and sit on your heels.
- Sit on the floor in Turkish with crossed legs. Rock your torso forward and backward.
Therapeutic exercise in osteochondrosis helps improve blood circulation. The goal of exercise therapy( PE) is to strengthen the back muscles, reduce the load on the intervertebral discs, and restore the spinal column. Before starting to exercise independently, exercise therapy, it is necessary to consult a physician or a physiotherapist.
LFK for osteochondrosis of the neck
Therapeutic physical training for cervical osteochondrosis should be gentle. The reason is that the cervical spine has a high mobility, and any sudden movements can cause blood circulation disorders in the arteries of the spinal column. Incorrect technique of performing exercises can lead to serious complications.
In the acute period of the disease, when the patient is in bed, short exercises( 5 seconds) are performed - contraction and relaxation of the muscles of the trunk and extremities. Obligatory breathing exercises and movements with your feet( without lifting the feet).As the pain is reduced, walking is allowed, while the neck is fixed with the help of the Shanz collar. You can perform smooth turns of the head.
Do not hold your upper limbs for a long time. While sitting at the table, elbows should have a support.
When the condition improves, you can begin performing resistance exercises:
- We lay down on the back and gently press the back of the head into the pillow. Linger in this position for 5 seconds, then relax.
- We press the palm on the temple( alternately), with the overcoming of the neck muscles. Exercise is performed in both directions 3 times for 5 seconds. Each exercise ends with relaxation.
- We press both hands on the forehead, overcoming the pressure of the muscles of the neck. At the same time, we do not lift our head from the pillow. This exercise is performed 3 times for 5 seconds.
- We sit down on a chair and put our hands down. Slowly throwing his head back, then gently tilt it down, trying to press his chin against his chest.
To achieve the effect of a complex of therapeutic physical education for osteochondrosis of the neck should be performed daily. We bring to your attention the complex of gymnastics:
LFK for the thoracic spine
Therapeutic physical training in chest osteochondrosis promotes the increase in the volume of movements in the intervertebral joints, helps to weaken the muscle spasm. With the help of exercises, you can stop the further development of chest osteochondrosis:
- Raise each shoulder up( down) one by one, then raise( lower) the shoulders at the same time. This exercise is useful for the cervical and upper thoracic spine.
- Perform circular movements of the hands - forward and backward. Exercise is effective for the thoracic spine.
- Press your hands against your body, and in this position perform the lateral torso of the trunk, trying to reach the knee with your wrist.
- Raise your arms above your head and perform lateral torso torso.
- Sit on a chair, lean on his back. The upper edge of the back of the chair should reach the level of the blades. Perform a deflection of the trunk back.
- Stand up straight, put your hands behind your back and connect it to the lock at the level of the blades. Bend back, while resisting with your hands. After a few seconds, relax. Each exercise can be repeated 2-3 times.
Do not forget about breathing when performing exercise therapy with osteochondrosis. Breathing exercises should be included in each exercise complex.
LFK with osteochondrosis of the back
Osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine is a common cause of calls to the doctor. Often, patients try to perform their own exercises for the lower back, which leads to an exacerbation of the disease. The complex of physiotherapy exercises must first be performed under the supervision of a specialist. All exercises are selected by the doctor taking into account the patient's condition and the presence of concomitant pathologies.
After removal of the inflammatory process and pain syndrome, you can perform the following exercises:
- Lie on your back, legs bend at the knees, hands put along the trunk. Raise the pelvis, leaning on the shoulders and feet.
- Lie down on the back, slightly bent legs, tilt both legs to the right of the trunk. In this case, turn the head and upper part of the trunk to the left. Repeat the exercise in the opposite direction.
- Lie on your side. In this position, bend the legs( alternately), trying to squeeze the hip to the stomach.
- Stand on all fours, leaning on the palms and knees. Perform the deflections of the back and waist, as if crawling under the bar.
For those who suffer from pain in the lumbar spine, it is recommended to perform the incline in the lower back.
We offer you a complex of exercise therapy for osteochondrosis( video):
Gymnastics classes can be held at any time of the day. During physical education clothes should not impede movement. It is important not to allow hypothermia, there should be no drafts in the room. Do not hold your breath while exercising. At occurrence of a dyscomfort it is necessary to stop employment and address to the attending physician.
We suggest that you familiarize yourself with the selection of FREE courses and materials currently available:
- Free video lessons from a licensed physician at the LFK to eliminate low back pain. The author of the lessons is a doctor who developed a unique method of recovery and treatment of all parts of the spine. The number of patients who have already managed to help with back and neck problems totals over 2000 !
- The 10 most essential nutrition components for the health of the entire spine - a report on this link will tell you what a daily diet should be for your spine and whole body to be healthy.
- Do you suffer from osteochondrosis? It is strongly recommended that you familiarize yourself with effective courses of cervical and thoracic osteochondrosis without resorting to medication.
Therapeutic physical training does not need any simulators. Classes are absolutely free.
Conditions for obtaining positive results from gymnastics.
- Download from the Internet a video of the exercise course, having previously learned from the doctor which course is best suited.
- The important requirement: slow performance of exercises without jerks.
- Exercises alternate with respiratory gymnastics.
- Thoroughly monitor the pulse.
- You can not do rotational movements with your head and raise your head up sharply.
- Pulling exercises are done only under the supervision of a specialist. Independent experiments with the extension of the cervical spine are traumatic, because the video can not understand how to do stretching correctly.
- Pain during exercise should not be.
Complex of exercises for osteochondrosis
Exercises for cervicothoracic osteochondrosis are divided into static and dynamic. To make it more clear, you can see the video of gymnastics.
The speed of the movements is slow. It is necessary to try to minimize the amplitude of exercises, and the muscles at the same time load the maximum. In the period of the initial training may appear weak pain. In this case, the exercises should be suspended. When you need to increase the load, you can use a small weight dumbbell.
- From the standing position, hands spread apart, the palms facing forward. Inhale, bending to take your hands back and try to connect the shoulder blades. As long as possible to fix this position. Exhale and relax. Repeat 5 times.
- From a sitting position on the floor, keeping your back straight. Slowly inhaling, turn his head to the side until the tension in the muscles, slowly exhaling, turn his head back. Repeat the other way.
- From sitting position, gently tilt the head first to one shoulder, then to the other. Straighten, lean forward and then back.
- From the prone position on the abdomen, put the palms on the back of the head. Inhale, try to lift one of the muscles with one muscle, then tilt your head, trying to touch the chest with your chin. Then raise your head, under the pressure of your hands. Repeat 3 times.
Dynamic exercises for cervicothoracic osteochondrosis require performance at a fast pace. Thus the periods of a pressure alternate with the periods of a relaxation. Video LFK for lesions of the cervical spine can be found on the Internet, and his careful viewing will relieve of inaccuracies in the exercise.
- From the standing position, 5 times to make the rotation of the hands forward and backward with a maximum amplitude.
- The starting position is the same, the rapid lifting of the shoulders, first in turn, then simultaneously. Repeat 5 times.
- From the sitting position, the hand is stretched to the side, try to look at the palm without turning in the lower back( only the head makes a turn).Go back to the starting position and make a move to the other side. Repeat 5 times.
- From the prone position on the abdomen, taking a breath to raise the chest above, stretch his arms up, making an exhalation to lie down on the floor. Repeat 5 times.
Among the video gymnastic exercises for neck and chest osteochondrosis are courses that are very popular. This adaptive gymnastics Bubnovsky, video exercises Dikul and video combined Pilyuiko. Each of them contributed to the development of techniques for restoring the affected cervico-thoracic spine.
Author of the article:
About the dangers of therapeutic physical training with osteochondrosis
The doctor tells about the harm of exercise therapy in case of spine disease
The folk forum about the spine: http://spinorum.ru