Application of vasodilator preparations for cervical osteochondrosis
Various groups of drugs are used to treat osteochondrosis. An important place among them is occupied by vasodilators. We will try to understand what they are assigned for, which ones are used most often.
Why do you need vascular tools
In the cervical spine are vessels. The most important of these are vertebral arteries that deliver blood to the posterior regions of the brain. Here is the cerebellum, which is responsible for the balance and coordination of movements. In the brain stem are: respiratory and vasomotor centers, nuclei of cranial nerves and other important structures that regulate various functions of the body.
Vertebral arteries nourish the occipital lobe in which visual information is processed, as well as part of the temporal lobes responsible for perception of sounds, taste and olfactory sensations. The inner ear, where the vestibular apparatus is located, regulating the position of the body in space, receives blood from the same source. Therefore, when the blood supply to these parts of the brain is impaired, characteristic clinical manifestations appear: headache, tinnitus, dizziness, impaired coordination of movement, nausea, vomiting, visual and auditory disorders. In severe cases, the emergence of a clinic for ischemic stroke.
All vascular drugs act on the vessel wall and blood cells
In osteochondrosis, pain syndrome can lead to reflex vascular spasm. Bony outgrowths formed on vertebrae can directly pinch the vertebral artery or irritate the nerve plexus surrounding this vessel, which leads to its narrowing. Therefore, to improve cerebral circulation using vasodilator drugs.
Means for improving blood circulation
Cervical osteochondrosis uses certain medications. The doctor prescribes therapy after he has established the diagnosis. Without consulting a specialist, treatment is not just harmful, but also dangerous for health.
Its second name is better known - Eufillin. Has a direct relaxing effect on the smooth muscles of the vessels. It prevents thrombosis, improves microcirculation. Can be used intravenously, intramuscularly and in tablets.
Often when the vertebrae and discs in the neck region change, electrophoresis with euphyllin is applied, as a result, the muscles relax, which is accompanied by a reduction in the pain syndrome. Improves local blood circulation.
The drug is prescribed strictly on the advice of a doctor, as it has serious side effects: rhythm disturbances, a sharp decrease in pressure, convulsions, pain in the heart, dizziness and a host of other unpleasant symptoms.
Most often, with the pathology of the vessels of the neck, Trental is used. In addition to eliminating vascular spasm, pentoxifylline affects the coagulation function: inhibits platelet clumping and reduces blood viscosity. This leads to improved microcirculation in areas with impaired blood circulation.
The drug can be used intravenously drip, as well as in the form of tablets. Of the side effects are often manifested: hypotension, tachycardia, arrhythmias, pain in the heart, headaches, dizziness, dyspeptic disorders, changes in the cellular composition of the blood.
Trental - a preparation on the basis of pentoxifylline
Vitamin PP extends mainly small vessels, including the brain, thereby improving blood circulation. Has anticoagulant effect, lowers cholesterol. The drug is mainly administered intramuscularly, rarely - intravenously.
Undesirable reactions appear almost immediately: reddening of the face, upper body, feeling of tidal flow to the head. Dizziness and sensitivity in the extremities are possible. These phenomena quickly pass.
The company name is Stugeron. This medicine has a direct effect on the wall of the vessels, which leads to an increase in their lumen. Improves regional blood flow, reduces blood viscosity. The drug has almost no effect on the heart and pressure. Lowers the tone of the sympathetic nervous system.
Is available only in tablets for oral administration. Usually well tolerated. Most often, dry mouth, dyspepsia, and possible tremor of the extremities.
Vascular means with neuroprotective action
Another well-known name is Cavinton. When osteochondrosis, the neck is appointed quite often. This drug helps to reduce vascular tone, but it does not have a significant effect on systemic blood pressure and heart function. It enhances the blood supply mainly to those parts of the brain where it is disturbed.
Cavinton is a popular drug based on vinpocetine
The second important point is the improvement of the rheological properties of the blood. Its viscosity, ability of platelets to aggregation decreases. There is a positive effect on erythrocytes, which easily penetrate into small capillaries and deliver oxygen to all cells of the body. Vinpocetine activates metabolic processes in the brain, increases resistance to hypoxia. It is an antioxidant and neuroprotective agent.
Used for intravenous infusion. Tablets are taken orally. Side effects are rare, but there are: dizziness, headache, fluctuations in blood pressure, arrhythmias.
PiracetamWe advise you to read: Why the head is spinning with cervical osteochondrosis?
This active substance is also found under other names: Lucetam, Nootropil. Refers to nootropics. But, in addition to improving thought processes, piracetam intensifies microcirculation. By reducing the aggregation properties of platelets and increasing the elasticity of erythrocyte membranes, blood circulation in small vessels increases, and this leads to an increase in blood flow in the ischemic areas of the brain. Is a neuroprotective agent.
Is available as a solution for intramuscular and intravenous injections, capsules, and tablets. The dose of medicine and the way of administration are chosen by the doctor. There are few side effects: dizziness, headache, drowsiness, changes in blood pressure, nausea, vomiting and some others.
Such preparations are convenient to use, as the number of tablets taken is reduced, and the effectiveness of the means is preserved. The combination of cinnarizine with pyracetam - Fezam and Omaron - has proved to be very successful. Both drugs are released in capsules.
Thus, with pathological changes of the spine in the neck region, the agents that expand the vessels and improve the cerebral circulation play an important role, preventing serious complications. But treatment should be carried out for a long time under the supervision of a specialist. Otherwise, time and finances will be wasted.
Significance and review of vasodilator drugs for osteochondrosis
Why are vasodilator drugs used for osteochondrosis?
Osteochondrosis - an unpleasant disease that prevents live a full life.
In people with osteochondrosis begins to develop the pain syndrome in the intervertebral joints.
It is accompanied by edema of of the nearest tissues and their inflammation. There is a defeat of nerve fibers, weakening of impulses directed to the blood vessels.
This leads to vessel spasm , reduced lumen and impaired blood flow to the internal organs. Violated metabolic processes in the tissues, because of the insufficient amount of oxygen that comes with blood.
If such processes persist for a long time, then there is a risk of developing various diseases of internal organs. In order to avoid this and apply vasodilator drugs in the form of injections or tablets.
Why is vasodilator effective?
The principle of the action of vasoconstrictive drugs in osteochondrosis is to reduce the tone of the smooth muscles of the walls of blood vessels. As a consequence, their lumen increases. The musculature of the vascular walls is maintained by means of nerve impulses coming through the nerve fibers, through which practically all the necessary functions of the internal organs are regulated.
Such drugs expand the vessels in two different ways:
- By attenuating the nerve impulse( neurotropic vasodilator preparations );
- With the direct influence on the musculature of the vessels( myotropic vasodilator preparations ).
These drugs can improve microcirculation in a place affected by osteochondrosis, eliminate stagnation in the blood, and normalize transmission of nerve impulses.The advantage of such drugs is that, when properly used, they practically do not have side effects and contraindications.
Overview of the main drugs
Below is a list of the main drugs that have a vasodilator effect and are recommended by doctors in the treatment of osteochondrosis.
This drug belongs to the group of bronchodilators, which can expand the bronchi. It has an antispasmodic effect and markedly improves cerebral as well as peripheral circulation.
With such qualities, Euffilin is perfectly suited for the treatment of various neurological diseases, such as osteochondrosis.
Most often, this drug is used to perform an electrophoresis procedure that helps restore the trophic processes and microcirculation in the intervertebral cartilage.
Pentoxifylline or Trental
A vasodilator that improves the rheological properties of the blood and microcirculation.
Possesses the ability to affect the circulatory disorders of different locations, increase oxygen delivery to the myocardium, improve blood oxygenation.
A drug that has anti-aggregation activity and improves microcirculation, oxygenation, and metabolic processes in tissues.
Strengthens cerebral circulation, expands peripheral vessels.
BerlitionAssigned to enhance the recovery effect. Refers to preparations of the metabolic series.
It is able to strengthen endoneural blood flow, restore energetic processes in the nerve, normalize the functioning of neurovascular bundles in relation to internal organs.
This vasodilator drug improves trophic processes in neurons, dilates the blood vessels, thereby restoring all cellular processes.
ActoveginThis drug contains in its composition a huge number of various useful substances: amino acids, nucleosides, oligosaccharides, as well as intermediate products of fat metabolism.
Has the property to restore peripheral blood circulation, raise the tone of blood vessels, stimulate metabolic processes in the human body.
The drug has a curative effect on impaired blood circulation and the development of collaterals.
Normalizes the transport of oxygen to organs and tissues, reducing hypoxic effects on them.
Vasodilator preparations for the treatment of cervical osteochondrosisIn case of osteochondrosis in the neck, first of all head organs suffer, blood supply to the of the brain is disturbed.
In this type of pathology, a persistent spasm develops in the vertebral arteries, which actively affects the vertebrobasilar circulation.
Patients with cervical osteochondrosis are constantly concerned about headaches , pressing pain in the nape, dizziness, weakness, fatigue, nausea, impaired coordination, hearing loss, tinnitus, sensitivity to weather variability.
When cervical osteochondrosis is recommended to use drugs that can affect the blood supply to the brain , improve it protein and carbohydrate metabolism.About the peculiarities of pain in the hernia of the cervical spine and the methods of diagnosis and treatment. For details on the treatment of hernia of the spinal cord, see the detailed article by
. For more information on the need for physiotherapy for osteochondrosis, see http: //osteocure.ru/bolezni/osteohondroz/ fizioterapiya-i-fiziolechenie.html
Two main names for vasodilator drugs»:
This medicine corrects the cerebral blood supply and dilates the blood vessels. Has neuroprotective and antihypoxic action.
Strengthens blood flow in the brain, delivers oxygen to it in the required amount.
PiracetamA drug that normalizes and strengthens the blood circulation of the brain and improves metabolic processes.
In conclusion, it must be added that this article is of an overview nature and is intended to help the patient understand the variety of drugs and the correctness of the appointment. The final decision on the choice of the drug is always on your doctor, after reading all the analyzes and anamnesis.
How to improve the blood circulation of the brain. Preparations that improve the blood circulation of the brain
Since the school we know that most of the functions of our body are regulated by the brain. And various violations in his work can lead to serious problems - memory impairment, violation of attention and coordination, rapid fatigue, sleep disturbance and other, more severe consequences. In order to understand why and how to improve the blood circulation of the brain, you need to know how it is arranged, the causes, consequences, as well as symptoms of blood flow disorders. This article will be devoted to these questions.
What is the brain of
The brain is the most important part of the central nervous system. It contains 25 billion nerve cells - the neurons that make up the gray matter of the brain.
Neurons are cells that transmit information and sensory impulses, such as feelings of pain, heat, visual, auditory impulses, etc. The brain is covered with hard and soft shells, between which is a cobweb, through which channels circulates the cerebrospinal fluid( cerebrospinal fluid).
The brain consists of five main parts - the final, intermediate, middle, posterior and medulla oblongata, each of which performs its function. At its base, the brain is connected to the spinal cord, which transmits information to it from nerve cells located throughout the body. For full-fledged work of the brain, he needs constant food, which he receives with blood. If blood circulation is impaired, the brain receives insufficient nutrients and oxygen, which can lead to the death of some cells or to their incorrect functioning.
Causes of impairment of cerebral circulation
The main causes of blood flow disorders are as follows:
- Vascular atherosclerosis. This disease occurs because of the high content of cholesterol in the blood, which is deposited on the walls of blood vessels in the form of plaques, which causes blockage of blood vessels and a violation of the general circulation.
- Blood pressure jumps( hypertension) can lead to the defeat of small cerebral arteries, and in severe cases - to a stroke. Cervical osteochondrosis and scoliosis. The vertebral artery passes through the canal of the transverse processes of the spine. When the vertebrae move relative to each other, the diameter of this channel decreases and, as a result, the artery is compressed and the blood circulation of the brain worsens.
- Injuries of the cervical spine. Such injuries often occur when the physical exercises are not properly performed. There is a displacement of the vertebrae and compression of the artery.
- Craniocerebral trauma.
- Frequent stress and chronic fatigue lead to disruption in the work of the body's basic systems.
There are initial disorders of cerebral circulation, acute and chronic.
In the initial stage of the disease, there is increased fatigue, dizziness, tinnitus, eyesight, sleep disturbances, headaches, especially after intense mental or physical work.
If you do not pay attention to these symptoms in time, the circulatory disturbances will take a chronic character, which is characterized by progressive memory impairment, apathy, irritability, headaches, altered consciousness, fainting, decreased intelligence.
Acute disorders of venous circulation include strokes, cerebral hemorrhage, as well as thrombosis of the arteries.
How to improve cerebral circulation
Before starting treatment, it is necessary to establish the cause that caused poor blood circulation of the brain. It has been established that the most common cause is osteochondrosis of the cervical spine. Medications in this case will not help. Doctors-neurologists recommend such patients treatment by methods of manual therapy, reflexotherapy, therapeutic gymnastics, massage.
Also important for improving the blood circulation of the brain is our diet. For the proper functioning of the brain, you need:
- Polyunsaturated fatty acids and omega-3 fatty acids. They protect the walls of the vessels from the development of atherosclerosis. Contained in vegetable oils( olive, linen), in marine and oceanic species of fish, chicken eggs.
- Antioxidants that slow down oxidation. In large quantities, they are found in berries - cranberries, cranberries, currants and others, as well as in green tea.
- Vitamin E, which has a positive effect on memory, can be obtained by eating nuts, seeds of flax, sunflower.
- Trace elements( zinc, magnesium, phosphorus), improve memory and attention, so it is very useful to use in seafood meal -.. Prawns, mussels, crabs, etc.
- Dark chocolate contains tryptophan, which the body is converted to the hormone serotonin, which prevents the development of depression.
It should be remembered that competent doctor will be able to appoint only a doctor after an appropriate examination. In no case can you take medications on your own that improve the blood circulation of the brain, for example, according to the responses of friends. Of drugs, usually prescribed vasodilator drugs, drugs that prevent clotting and blood clots, as well as nootropics and stimulants. All these drugs have different effects on the cerebral blood flow.
Vasodilator drugs cause relaxation of the smooth muscles of blood vessels, which leads to an increase in their lumen. At the same time, they reduce total blood pressure, which can lead to the opposite effect and worsen the blood supply to the brain. Therefore, currently used drugs that have an effect directly on the vessels of the brain, without affecting the common circulatory system, for example, "Cinnarizine" and "Nimodipine."
Antithrombotic agents also cause an improvement in the blood circulation of the brain. The drugs are divided into three groups: anticoagulants, fibrinolytic and antiaggregants.
Anticoagulants prevent the formation of fibrin, ie prevent the formation of blood clots and promote the resorption of existing clots( "Heparin", "Fenilin", "Varfareks").Fibrinolytic agents cause rupture of fibrin strands and, as a consequence, resorption of new thrombi( Fibrinolysin, Urokinase, Streptokinase).
Antiaggregants prevent aggregation of platelets and erythrocytes, thereby reducing their ability to adhere to the walls of blood vessels. The most popular representative of this group of drugs is aspirin, which is currently available under the name "Aspirin Cardio."Also often, doctors prescribe drugs such as "Dipyridamole", "Ticlopidine", "Iptegrilin" and others.
neuroprotective drugs are used to treat brain disorders caused by including the blood circulation. They improve memory and mental abilities, increase brain resistance to hypoxia, reduce the manifestations of mental disorders. Similar effects are achieved due to the fact that these drugs can both improve the blood circulation of the brain, and directly affect the neurons, stimulate the transmission of excitation in them, facilitate the transfer of information between the hemispheres. To date, there is already a large list of nootropic drugs and periodically there are new ones. Widespread use of drugs "Glycine", "Fentropil", "Fenibut", etc.
In conclusion, it is worth mentioning the topic of prevention of this kind of violations. To avoid having to take pills that improve the blood circulation of the brain, you should avoid a passive lifestyle - moderate exercise can activate the circulation of the whole body, including the brain. Also during the thermal procedures in the sauna and sauna, there is an improvement in blood flow. It should be remembered that overweight, smoking, alcohol consumption - all these are risk factors for the development of atherosclerosis.
Now you know how to improve the blood circulation of the brain. We hope, our advice will help you to maintain good health for many years.
Attention!the following groups of drugs and their examples are given only for reference only and in no way are they an invitation to their reception or purchase.
The following drugs are commonly used to improve cerebral circulation in cervical osteochondrosis:
- Drugs for improving cerebral circulation. Their reception with osteochondrosis will lead to vasodilation;improve blood flow, rheology of blood, excretion of venous blood. And they also prevent the aggregation of the cellular elements of the blood. These are Cavinton, Tanakan, Vinpocetine.
- Group of antioxidant drugs reduces peroxidation of fats and damage to the integrity of cellular membranes of nerve cells - Mexidol and vitamin E.
- Nootropic drugs that improve cerebral circulation in cervical osteochondrosis. They help in improving the metabolic processes in the brain tissues, are able to restore thinking, memory, speech in their violation. This group of medicines still contributes to strengthening the resistance of neurons to the negative effects of ischemia and hypoxia - Fezam, Cerebrolysin, Pyracetam, Ceraxon, Citicoline.
- Venotonics are preparations for cerebral circulation in cervical osteochondrosis, the use of which leads to an improved outflow of venous blood and promotes the restoration of microcirculation. They also have an angioprotective effect. These include Diosmin, Fleobody, Detralex.
- The appointment of diuretics and osmodiuretics is necessary only when there are signs of acute development of complications of this disease - cerebral edema. These include Furasemide and Manit.
- The appointment of histaminergic agents related to artificial analogues of histamine mediator is necessary for activation of histamine receptors that are located in the inner ear. This leads to a decrease in the severity of symptoms of vestibular disorders( frequent dizziness and gait unsteadiness).They also improve the performance of impulses along nerve endings. This includes Betaserc, Betagistin, Vestibo.
- Vitamin preparations are needed to improve metabolic processes in neurons and restore cognitive( cognitive) functions - Milgamma, Cytoflavin, Neurobex.
- Chondroprotectors are necessary for the restoration of articular surfaces that are affected by a destructive pathological process. Teraflex, Arthron and Chondroitin are used.
Warning! Self-administration of treatment can lead to negative consequences, often irreparable. To obtain a positive therapeutic effect, it is necessary to consult a doctor who correctly develops the treatment technique.
Do not buy by yourself and do not prescribe to yourself the listed preparations, except for vitamins. Approach this question wisely and do not go to the pharmacy, like bread. Any preparation is a chemical substance, therefore only the knowing expert can advise you the necessary pharmacological therapy.
Surgical treatment of
How to improve cerebral circulation in cervical osteochondrosis when a prolapse of the intervertebral disc or its rupture is detected? For this, surgical treatment is used. After eliminating the cause, the blood flow improves and clinical manifestations of pathology are eliminated.
Doctors use radical methods of surgical intervention in determining the acute course of blood flow disorders in the brain, severe pain, signs of paralysis of the upper limbs and cerebral edema. This type of treatment implies the complete removal of the causal intervertebral disc. The operation is called a laminectomy.
To restore the impaired circulation, if necessary, angioplasty of the arteries is performed, which causes rapid improvement and recovery of cerebral circulation in cervical osteochondrosis.
Non-pharmacological treatment of
Methods of non-drug treatment for the most part refer to pro-prophylactic and are recommended to patients with this pathology only during a period of persistent remission.
Such treatment requires the following requirements:
- The patient needs to make changes in the habitual behavior that will make it possible to approach a healthy lifestyle. It is clear that at one point it will not work, so a gradual transition is recommended. First, you must completely abandon any alcoholic beverages and nicotine addiction. Otherwise, the recommendations of the attending physician on nutrition and the regime of physical activity will depend on the existing concomitant diseases: hypertension, hyperlipidemia, diabetes, obesity.
- Execution, which contains a certain list of exercises, matched to the individual characteristics of the patient's body and the course of the pathology. Patients are recommended walking, useful running.
- You can practice yoga, swimming or Pilates.
- It is useful to attend a massage therapist for the medical
Vascular preparations for osteochondrosis: what to choose
Vasodilators are drugs that increase the lumen of the vessel due to the action on its wall. They are part of the pathogenetic therapy for osteochondrosis, because they help to normalize blood circulation in the area of the lesion.
What kinds of vasodilator drugs are used for osteochondrosis?
In osteochondrosis, vessels shrink due to changes in innervation of the arterial wall, which leads to their narrowing. Currently, to normalize the circulation of internal organs located in the zone with altered innervation, prescribe drugs that directly relax the muscular wall of the vessels or normalize the nerve impulse transmitted through the sympathetic nerve fibers - neurotropic and myotropic drugs.
The effect of vasodilator drugs used to treat osteochondrosis
As a rule, osteochondrosis of any part of the spine is accompanied by swelling and inflammation of surrounding soft tissues, in particular, damage to the roots of the spinal nerves. As a result, the flow of electrical impulses transmitted through the fibers of the sympathetic autonomic nervous system to the wall of the vessels changes, which leads to an excessive narrowing of the lumen and a violation of blood circulation.
Oxygen starvation causes a failure in metabolic processes, creating adverse changes in internal organs and tissues. If the situation is not taken under control, then later severe diseases can occur, caused by deficiency of oxygen and nutrients.
Vasodilators, acting directly on the cells of the smooth muscles of the vascular wall or normalizing the flow of nerve impulses, significantly expand the lumen of the vessel and improve blood circulation. As a result, the following effects are observed:
- Elimination of hypoxia of internal organs, which, in turn, leads to a reduction of painful sensations.
- Improvement of microcirculation in the affected area.
- Elimination of stagnant phenomena, faster recovery. What preparations have vasodilator action?
Vinpocetine. In neurology, it is prescribed primarily to improve cerebral circulation, in particular, with cervical osteochondrosis. It selectively acts on the muscular wall of the vessels of the brain and causes relaxation. As a result, headaches of a hypoxic nature disappear, dizziness, weakness, normal intracranial pressure. The most famous analogue of this drug is Cavinton. Also vinpocetine can be a part of a combination of drugs, for example, vinpotropil( vinpocetine with piracetam).
Cinnarizine .Being a blocker of calcium channels, it has a direct effect on the vascular wall, causing an expansion of the lumen of the vessels of the brain. In addition to problems associated with impaired blood circulation in cervical osteochondrosis, it is prescribed for obliterating endarteritis, Ménière's disease, Reynaud, migraine, acrocyanosis, thromboangiitis. A popular analogue of cinnarizine is stugerone. Also, this drug is part of the combined drugs: fesam, neuro-norms, memosomes, lobster and others. Piracetam .It improves the metabolism and microcirculation of cerebral vessels, protects neurons from hypoxic and intoxication damage, improves cognitive abilities. Can be used in children's practice, often combined with the intake of vinpocetine or cinnarizine.
Berlition .This drug is better known as a hepatoprotector. However, during the research it was found out that this remedy improves endonevralnoe blood circulation, which is disturbed in diabetes and osteochondrosis. The reception of berlition normalizes the state of peripheral nerves, reducing such phenomena as "crawling crawly," a feeling of numbness, pain, or burning of the skin.
Actovegin .Although this drug is not a vasodilator in the literal sense of the word, however, being a blood hemoderium, it well restores blood supply to internal organs and nerves. Normalizes metabolic processes, improves the tolerance of oxygen starvation, reduces the negative effect of hypoxia. When osteochondrosis is prescribed in case of symptoms of neuropathy. Can be used during pregnancy and lactation.
Trental( pentoxifylline) .It improves microcirculation, expands peripheral arteries, normalizes metabolism in the vascular wall, oxygenation of tissues. Used for diseases accompanied by impaired peripheral circulation.
Nicotinic acid .It dilates small vessels, improves blood circulation, helps normalize blood clotting, increasing its fibrinolytic activity. In addition, nicotinic acid normalizes the concentration of lipids, reduces low-density lipoproteins, which cause the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
How to choose vascular drugs for osteochondrosis?
Almost every one of the above described drugs has its own peculiarities of use, indications, side effects and contraindications. Therefore, it is better if the choice of vasodilator is made by the appropriate specialist, taking into account the features of the flow of osteochondrosis, the individual characteristics of the organism and the presence of other associated diseases.
Vasodilator drugs at
osteochondrosis for osteoarthritis is characterized by inflammatory manifestations of pain and in the intervertebral joints, accompanied by lesions of nerve fibers( sympathetic).The consequence of spasmodic blood vessels is a violation of normal blood supply to internal organs, eventually leading to the development of diseases in them.
Principle vasodilators effects osteochondrosisnew look at lechenieKak former "workaholic" was able to get rid of arthritis and degenerative disc disease in the past month? Next. ..
Appointed vasodilators osteochondrosis as part of an overall integrated therapy to improve microcirculation in the lesion and normalization processesexchange, recovery of nerve impulses in the form of the following:
- Neurotropic vasodilators that affect the impulse of nerves. Supporting the tone of the musculature of the walls of the vessels occurs through impulses coming from the nerve fibers( sympathetic).
- Miotropic vasodilators affecting the musculature of blood vessels. The effect of this group of drugs increases the clearance in the vessels by reducing the muscle tone of the walls of blood vessels.
Proper use of vascular drugs will avoid the occurrence of side effects or significantly weaken them.
major vascular drugs
main drugs vasodilator effect, improves blood circulation and recommended in the treatment of osteoarthritis, the following:
- Actovegin containing nucleosides, oligosaccharides, amino acids and fat metabolism products( intermediate).The effect of the drug causes a curative effect in the disturbed blood circulation and the development of collaterals due to the improvement of the vascular tone and the restoration of peripheral circulation.
- Euffelin, related to the form of bronchodilators and having spasmolytic effect. It stimulates cerebral and peripheral circulation, therefore it is used for the treatment of neurological diseases, including osteochondrosis. With the use of the drug, an electrophoresis procedure is performed, which helps to restore and improve the microcirculation of the intervertebral cartilage.
- Xanthinal nicotinate, dilating the peripheral vessels, restoring microcirculation and metabolic processes in the tissues of organs due to antiaggregatory activity.
- Trental( pentoxifylline).The drug acts on non-delivery in the circulation of various locations, increasing the supply of oxygen to the myocardium, improving oxygenation and rheological parameters of the blood.
- Berlition. The drug is prescribed as part of the reconstitution therapy to enhance the recovery effect by increasing the endoneural blood flow, improving the energy processes of the neurovascular bundles.
- Vinpocetine, correcting the deficiencies of cerebral blood supply due to vasodilating, neuroprotective and antihypoxic properties. The medicinal composition increases the blood flow in the brain, with various forms of cerebral circulation impairments stimulate carbohydrate and protein metabolism in the cerebral cortex.
- Pyracetam. A complex that improves the processes of exchange and blood supply to areas of the brain with different forms of impaired cerebral blood supply, including in osteochondrosis.
The last two types of medicines, mainly used in the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis, affect the blood supply to the head, reducing the spasms of the vertebral arteries that are important for the normal course of vertebrobasilar circulation.
Auxiliary agents in addition to vascular medications
As a new direction in the treatment of osteochondrosis are drugs used to restore the composition of cartilaginous tissue - chondroprotectors. Complexes Structum, Teraflex and others, characterized by anti-inflammatory and regenerating properties, contribute to the restoration of cartilaginous tissues in the joints, thereby improving their mobility and reducing painful sensations in osteochondrosis.
The use of vitamin and mineral complexes( Calcium-D3 Nycomed, Alfacalcidol), characterized by increased content of vitamin D and calcium, improves the recovery of bone tissue, strength of ligaments and tendons. Recommended for the violation of mineral metabolism due to age-related changes in the body, especially in cases of osteoporosis, which is often associated with osteochondrosis.
To determine the complex scheme of treatment of the disease and the choice of certain vascular drugs, especially in the presence of strong pain, immediately contact your doctor. Self-medication for osteochondrosis can cause various complications and prolongation of the medical process.
Vasodilator drugs for osteochondrosis - this is one of the tools that help get rid of the disease. They contribute to the narrowing of the walls of the blood vessels, which makes more clearance. There are two types of drugs:
- Neurotropic. The tone of the walls of the vessels is maintained by nerve impulses. This group of drugs allows them to weaken;
- Myotropic. They act not indirectly, through nerve impulses, but through the walls of the vessels themselves.
Which drug to choose from these two groups will tell you the doctor.
The effect of
Osteochondrosis is accompanied by edema and inflammatory processes, which negatively affects the functions of sympathetic nerve fibers. Because of this, the flow of impulses going along the vessels decreases. This leads to spasms, reduced lumen, impaired blood circulation. All this negatively affects the work of the internal organs, since nutrients do not come to them in the right amount. Over time, this can lead to the development of other diseases associated with the work of internal organs.
Vasodilators with osteochondrosis have the following action:
- Stimulation of blood circulation;
- Reduction of congestive circulatory phenomena;
- Increased flow of nerve impulses.
Thus, medicines not only help to get rid of osteochondrosis, but also prevent the occurrence of other related problems.
The doctor prescribes treatment of osteochondrosis with vasodilator drugs of various brands. The main them:
- Eufillin. Relieves spasms, normalizes blood circulation. It is widely used for the treatment of various neurological diseases. It is often used in electrophoresis, which also normalizes blood circulation and trophic processes;
- Trental. Promotes normalization of blood circulation, rheological characteristics of blood. It is usually used when there are problems with blood circulation, regardless of their location;
- Xanthinal nicotinate. Normalizes blood circulation, has anti-aggregation effect, increases oxygen supply to internal organs, improves metabolic processes;
- Berlition( also called lipoic acid).Promotes more efficient recovery of the body. This metabolic drug increases blood flow, normalizes the flow of nerve impulses, restores the functioning of neuromuscular bundles, on the basis of which the condition of internal organs depends. Also normalizes cellular processes;
- Actovegin. It is distinguished by a high content of valuable elements( oligosaccharides, amino acids, nucleosides and many others).It helps to improve the tone of blood vessels, normalizes blood circulation, promotes regenerative processes throughout the body, facilitates the supply of oxygen, prevents oxygen starvation of internal organs.
These are the main vasodilating drugs for osteochondrosis, having the same central effect, but differing in the auxiliary actions. Assign them not only for osteochondrosis, but also for other diseases.
Medications for the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis
In the process of cervical osteochondrosis, blood supply to the brain deteriorates. There is a spasm of the vertebral arteries, which adversely affects the vertebrobasilar blood flow. Because of this, there are accompanying symptoms: migraines, worsening coordination, nausea, a feeling of general weakness, dizziness. For this reason, vasodilator preparations for cervical osteochondrosis almost always enter the curative program. They contribute to the restoration of blood circulation in the brain and prevent the development of concomitant problems.
The most popular vasodilator preparations for cervical osteochondrosis:
- Vinpocetine. Normalizes cerebral circulation, promotes vasodilation, prevents oxygen starvation of the brain, possesses a neuroprotective property;
- Piracetam. Promotes normalization of cerebral circulation, improves metabolism.
Treatment of osteochondrosis with vasodilator drugs is not the main one. Usually, additional medicines with a narrowly directed effect are used. Treatment should be comprehensive. Only so it will be effective. Sometimes combined medicines are used. In the treatment it is important to choose a scheme in which different drugs will combine and complement each other well. This can only be done by a specialist.
We offer you to get acquainted with the selection of FREE courses and materials available at the moment:
- Free video lessons from a licensed physician for rehabilitation of pain in the lower back. The author of the lessons is a doctor who developed a unique method of recovery and treatment of all parts of the spine. The number of patients who have already managed to help with back and neck problems totals over 2000 !
- The 10 most needed nutrition components for the health of the entire spine - a report on this link will tell you what a daily diet should be for your spine and whole body to be healthy.
- Do you suffer from osteochondrosis? It is strongly recommended that you familiarize yourself with effective courses of cervical and thoracic osteochondrosis without resorting to medication.