Effective treatment for pain of knee joints!
Alas, almost half of humanity faces this problem at different ages. Some try to treat their knees themselves, but self-treatment rarely leads to positive results, rather, on the contrary, the disease progresses. What is the right way to treat sick knees? First, you need to find out what caused the pain.
Why do my knees hurt?
According to statistics, about half of people have joint knees at least once in their life, the reasons can be different. Pain in the knees can arise as a result of more than two hundred pathologies. Some of which are related to the knee joint and its damage directly, others are only indirectly.
The following diseases and conditions most often cause such a pain:
- arthrosis of the knee joints( also called gonarthrosis).This is a degenerative lesion of the cartilaginous tissue, which has a non-inflammatory character, because of which the joint is often deformed.
- arthrosis of the knee joints( or gonoarthritis), which is an acute or chronic inflammation in the knee joint.
- injuries in the joint and their consequences.
- the age.
- various congenital pathologies.
- metabolic disorders affecting the joint.
- common diseases of the body( for example, rheumatism).
- autoimmune diseases.
- tumor diseases.
The mechanism of the appearance of the pain itself is associated with lesions of ligaments, cartilage, accumulation of fluid in the joint cavity or vice versa with excessive dryness due to insufficient lubrication, with the ingress of bone / cartilage / foreign body fragments into the joint cavity, too much load or with nerve pincers.
Depending on the reason, the doctor prescribes the appropriate comprehensive treatment.
How to treat pain in the knees?
Treatment, as a rule, consists of traditional methods of modern medicine, in particularly neglected cases resort to surgical intervention, but very often the doctor includes in the treatment complex and folk methods. Let's consider all kinds of treatment more.
If the pain in the knees is troubling, then do not rush to treatment, because in the first place it is important to find out what triggered this pain in the joint. You need to treat not the symptoms, but the cause that causes this pain, that is, get rid of the underlying disease. For this, usually only local treatment with ointments, gels and compresses is not enough. Typically, the doctor prescribes medication for injection and / or ingestion. Of course, if the cause of pain in the knee is a bruise, then warming and absorbing hematoma ointments will be enough. But you can solve such a problem yourself, the joint has nothing to do with it. In more serious cases, always consult a doctor, because if the disease is started, the consequences can be deplorable, up to disability( the joint is completely destroyed) and the inability to move independently.
As a rule, the treatment is directed to:
- relief from pain;
- elimination of the cause of pain;
- restoration of the functions and structure of the knee joint( this is also the prevention of pain).
The pain will weaken with the gradual elimination of factors, its provoking, respectively, the need for anesthetics will decrease accordingly. Very often, the therapeutic complex includes anti-inflammatory drugs, chondroprotectors( which help the cartilage tissue in the knee joint to recover), drugs that restore the body's natural immunity, a special diet, physiotherapy procedures, manual therapy, massage sessions, and therapeutic gymnastics.
It is very important to remember that the knee joints( as well as the other joints of the legs) have a tremendous load, since they need not only to withstand body weight, but also to participate in the movement. In this regard, people with obesity problems knee joints are much more common than in people whose body weight is normal. That is why patients suffering from excess weight, it is important to get rid of extra pounds, so the joints of the knees will be much easier. To this end, doctors prescribe a special diet with limited caloric content. Consumption of flour products, salt, spicy and spicy dishes is reduced.
When the period of remission comes, the treatment includes a course of physiotherapy. The most useful are swimming and exercise in the water, because they have a comprehensive effect: strengthen different muscle groups, ligaments, improve blood circulation, and also harden the body as a whole. During remission, swimming pool visits are highly desirable, the joint will work and be developed.
If the cause of pain in the knee joints is a chronic disease, it depends on the correct treatment complex that determines how long the remission will be( the time interval when the disease manifests itself minimally or does not manifest at all).At this time it is important to continue treatment and strengthen the body when the pain begins to subside.
How to achieve rapid pain relief?What should I do to make the analgesic effect manifest as quickly as possible? To quickly get rid of pain in the knee joint, apply courses of manual therapy or massage. It is important that such treatment is carried out by an experienced specialist who already has a positive experience in this field.
When the knee joints are injured, radon baths and mud therapy have a good effect. Therefore, treatment in a sanatorium will help to overcome the disease or, at least, delay the next time of exacerbation.
Folk Treatments for
Diseases of knee joints are most effectively treated in a comprehensive way, so traditional methods often include folk methods. However, it is not worthwhile to engage in self-medication and give preference to purely folk methods, it is best to apply them as a supplement to standard treatment. One of the advantages of folk methods is the possibility of treating a knee disease without leaving home. It is best if the attending physician or specialist in the field of folk remedies shares the specific recipes.
Most of the procedures of traditional medicine is aimed at removing salt deposits and heating up the knee joints. The most well-known ways to defeat this disease are: compresses, baths with grass infusions, rubbing and lotion. Often, plant juices or their broths are taken internally.
To dissolve and remove salt from the knee joints, it is recommended to make soda lotions every evening. For these lotions you need: in a liter of warm water to dissolve a tablespoon of soda, moisten the resulting solution with tissue and apply to the affected knee for 15 minutes. After this time, the soda should be washed off, and the area of the knee joints should be greased with a vitamin cream and put on warming woolen dressings before going to bed. Such procedures should be carried out until the pain is weakened, and the crunch in the knees does not stop. In order to fight against the disease more effectively, you should take 2-3 tablespoons of black radish juice daily.
Often diseases of the knee joint are treated with compresses with medical bile, honey, propolis( and other bee products).Folk recipes for rubbing against knee disease often include beef interior fat. It is recommended to add decoctions of hop, straw, St. John's wort, chamomile, rowan bark and some other plants to the baths. The duration of the procedure should be agreed with the doctor. It depends on the general condition of the patient, the degree of the disease, the tolerability of therapy, on how much the knee hurts, and on the speed with which the effect is manifested.
Regardless of what treatments you choose, remember that the effect was maximum, the diseases should not be neglected. If the diseases of the knees are very neglected, treating them a hundred times longer and more difficult. Therefore, be sure to listen to your body, keep track of its condition and, if there is any illness, do not postpone the visit to the doctor. Of course, with the help of modern medicine, even very neglected diseases can be defeated, but it is better not to bring them to severe stages.
Modern medicine can cure even a very neglected disease. For example, if the gonarthrosis reached the third( final) stage, when the knee does not bend and it becomes difficult to walk, and then only disability. In such cases, the doctor can offer to get rid of the disease with the help of endoprosthetics. This procedure involves replacing the damaged knee with a new artificial one. Undoubtedly, after this surgical intervention, a long rehabilitation is required, but several months of developing a new joint is a relatively small price compared to the ability to walk.
Pain in the knees: treatment at home. Folk remedies for the treatment of knee joints
The musculoskeletal system of a person experiences heavy loads in any movement. A very complex structure has joints, they often become inflamed and are injured. In this case, there are severe pains that impede the movement of a person and worsen the quality of his life. Especially often suffers from the patella. This joint has a very heavy load, especially in people with excess weight. And inflammation or trauma brings great suffering.
Not all people turn to doctors for knee pain. Treatment at home of this problem, however, is not always effective, since without eliminating the cause, painkillers will not help. Therefore, the main thing in this problem is to put the right diagnosis. And to seek medical help preferably immediately, as soon as there was pain in the knee. What doctor can help
If the problem occurred after the injury, of course, you need to contact a traumatologist or orthopedic surgeon. Only they can recommend effective means for the rapid return of freedom of movement. But it happens that the pain arises suddenly, for no apparent reason. Who should I contact in this case? First of all, it is advisable to visit the therapist. He will prescribe tests and recommend which doctor to visit. Most likely, it will be a rheumatologist. In difficult cases, when the diagnosis can not be made, one can visit a neuropathologist or an osteopath.
problems The disease can appear suddenly, the knee in such cases whines or shoots with sharp pain. It increases with walking, especially when you descend or climb the stairs. Sometimes even the slightest flexion of the limb becomes impossible, which makes any movement very difficult. Pain can be permanent, aching or strong, and can only occur when moving or at night.Joints can get rancid after a heavy load or a long walk. The pain is most often localized inside the knee. But it can hurt also from behind, below a joint or above. And the pain on the side of the knee most often indicates physical damage. If the disease passes into a chronic form, the pain periodically ceases, but it can occur after any load, hypothermia, or even an infectious disease.
Who can grasp the pain in the lap
- First of all, the risk group includes the elderly.
- Athletes are often injured.
- People suffering from congenital predisposition to joint diseases suffer from it.
- Those who wear uncomfortable shoes.
- The knees often ache in people with excess weight, the problem can also appear during pregnancy.
- Professional activity can cause disruption of joint functioning, for example, in those who have to kneel or squat for a long time.
What causes pain
- Inflammatory or traumatic damage to cartilage and ligaments.
- Accumulation of fluid in the joint or its absence.
- Pinching of the nerve.
- Strong weight due to excess weight or physical overwork.
- Foreign body entering the joint.
Causes of this problem
- Most often it is caused by chronic or acute arthritis. Because of it, the elasticity of the ligaments decreases and mineral salts are deposited in the joint, which causes pain.
- Arthrosis is a little less common - non-inflammatory articular cartilage damage.
- In general, elderly people are referred to a doctor about knee pain, which is associated with age-related changes in the joints.
- Crunch and pain in the knees may be caused by bursitis.
- Various household and sports injuries also often cause this problem.
- Congenital pathologies, metabolic disorders, or certain diseases can also be the cause of knee pain( gout, lupus, or rheumatism).
- Strong physical activity or excess weight.
- Vascular disorders and impaired blood circulation in the knee joint can also cause pain.
- The cause of the problem may be an infection or a tumor.
How to treat an ailment
The elimination of a problem with anaesthetics alone is ineffective. First of all, you need to establish the cause of the pain, according to which the doctor prescribes treatment. Usually it is complex. What is included in the therapeutic measures aimed at eliminating this problem?
1. Pain relief with compresses, ointments and tablets.
2. Treatment of the disease that caused this problem. It can be conducted both in a medical institution and at home. Sometimes, local funds are sufficient, but in general, more medications are needed for oral administration or as injections. In complicated and neglected cases, surgery may be required.
3. The final stage of treatment should be the restoration of joint mobility. This can be done with the help of physiotherapy, physiotherapy or massage. In addition, you need to know the means of preventing the problem, since the patella has a complex structure and is very prone to damage.
4. What else is important to do with pain in the knees? Treatment at home necessarily implies adherence to a special diet and refusal from smoking and alcohol, which can exacerbate the problem.
First aid for pain
It is not always possible for a person to consult a doctor right away. But pain in the knees is very painful. Treatment in the home of the first attack is possible with the help of various means:
- first of all, you need to reduce the burden on the sick leg: when walking use crutches or walking stick, or even better - lie down;
- pain and swelling can be removed with ice;
- after a small injury, you can use elastic bandage, but do not tighten it for more than two days;
- To improve blood circulation in the patient's joint, a light massage is recommended, which does not cause additional pain.
Treatment of pain in the knee joints should be comprehensive. Anesthetics, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, chondroprotectors for cartilage repair and restorative medications are prescribed. It is very effective ointment for knee joints, which includes diclofenac. The most famous of them are Voltaren or Orthofen. Very popular is also an ointment for knee joints with anti-inflammatory effect, for example, based on nimesulide. Good pain relief creams and gels with ketoprofen in the composition, for example, "Fastum gel," or based on ibuprofen, for example, "Dolgit."But some local funds often happens a little. Doctors prescribe patients painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs in the form of tablets and injections. The best remedy for knee pain is the tablets "Tenoxicam"."Indomethacin", "Diclofenac", "Ketanov" and "Naproxen" are also effective.
Folk recipes for pain relief
Medications often cause side effects, they can not be used for a long time. But often it happens that the knees ache for a very long time. Folk remedies in this case will be the best treatment. Below are the most popular and effective ones:
- Cabbage leaf pribintovat to the knee at night;
- root of horseradish and raw potatoes grate and make a compress;keep it need not more than 15 minutes;
- take a tablespoon of honey, soda and mustard and mix well;with this compound to make a compress on the knee, it is possible for the whole night;
- very useful in the treatment of joints gelatin;it is recommended to make compresses with it, and also take inwards in the form of different jellies, sauces and desserts;
- an effective ointment, prepared from turpentine, egg yolk and apple cider vinegar( the smell is not very pleasant, but the pain passes quickly);
- Many folk remedies for knees include various cleansing decoctions and infusions;the best are salt and slag from the joints of cowberry leaves, burdock leaves, walnuts;
- an effective remedy is chopped parsley with lemon, mixed with honey;
- well relieves pain in the knees ointment from celandine juice, mixed with petroleum jelly;
- sometimes effective are soda lotions on the knee joint.
Exercises for pain in the knees
When acute pains occur, the recovery phase begins. The best means for this will be special gymnastics. You can do it yourself at home. All exercises need to be done slowly, without sudden movements and a heavy load on your knees. Walking, swimming and exercise bikes are very useful for this problem. If you doubt whether it is possible to perform any movements, it is better to consult a doctor. Useful strength exercises and stretch marks. It is necessary to strengthen the muscles of the legs and improve the mobility of the joints. To do this, you can use the lifts of the legs, slow bending them in the knees, semicircles, squats with support on the wall and attacks on the platform or bench.
This is an auxiliary method of treating pain in the knees. It improves blood circulation, which helps reduce edema and the disappearance of pain. The best thing in this regard is acupressure. If there is no opportunity to visit a specialist, you can do this yourself. For example, sit on the floor, put under the knees of tennis balls. If you move your legs, the balls will stimulate the points under the knees. You can also clasp the knee with both hands and rub it on all sides, providing impact on several points. But it is best to entrust this procedure to a specialist. Massage of the knee is done 15-20 minutes once a day. Apply techniques such as grinding, kneading and stroking. Massage both legs equally, even if the second knee does not hurt.
Prevention of pain in the knees
- It is necessary to monitor your weight, because it is because of this in many cases, the knees ache.
- Shoes should be worn comfortable, it is best to use soft orthopedic insoles.
- The diet is also very important for joint diseases. It is necessary to exclude from the diet fatty foods and pastries, more vegetables, fruits, fish and vegetable oil. Useful turmeric and ginger.
- In sports and physical work, it is necessary to protect your knees from damage, not to overexert yourself.
- It is necessary to call the doctor in time, not allowing the appearance of severe pain.
Only if you monitor your health, you can quickly and without consequences remove the pain in your knees. Treatment at home of this ailment can be effective, but often leads to complications. Therefore, for any discomfort in the joints should not engage in self-treatment, you need to see a doctor. After all, the knee joint is so important for normal movement that it is better to be safe than to walk on crutches.
Quickly remove pain in the knee when flexing
Joint pain is one of the most common reasons for going to the doctor. According to statistics, every second person ever experienced pain in the knee.
The most frequent causes of pain in the knee during flexion are overloads, injuries and diseases. And if the injuries are more or less clear, then with the diseases that show themselves pain in the joints everything is much more complicated. The list of inconvenient diseases is very large.
What diseases can the pain indicate?
Why do knees ache when flexing? The most common diseases of the joints, accompanied by acute, blunt, shooting, burning or paroxysmal pain are arthritis and gout.
Arthritis: has very severe pain, which is aggravated by movement, accompanied by redness, swelling and inflammation of the knee, as well as local and general temperature increase. The basis of arthritis is an inflammatory process that can last for years and lead to disability.
With gout: , the pain is paroxysmal. Strengthens when bending. Seizures often recur, lasting from several minutes to several days.
Other conditions not related to overloads or injuries that can cause knee pain when flexing are:
- Osteoarthritis. Characterized by pain, which intensifies in the morning.
- Osgood-Spatter's disease. It is often observed in children of senior school age. Characterized by pain during flexion and swelling of the anterior part of the knee.
- Cyst Baker. Disease, a characteristic feature of which is pain and swelling at the back of the knee.
- Infection. Pain of the knee joints may indicate infection of the skin, bone or joint.
- Dissecting osteochondritis. The pain is caused by the death of a part of the cartilage, due to a violation of the blood supply, etc. The pain is extremely strong when flexed.
Sprain of the ligaments of the knee joint also causes a strong pain symptom.
About why knees crack joints and how to cure it, read this article.
How to treat a diseased knee
The medicamental treatment of pain in the knee is aimed primarily at eliminating the cause of the disease. Folk remedies - to remove the main symptoms of the disease. As a rule, the doctor appoints a whole complex of measures after the survey. A standard examination at the hospital includes a detailed interview with the patient( history) and certain studies: examination, ultrasound, x-ray of the knee, computed tomography, MRI.
The safest forms of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are ointments, creams and gels. They should be applied according to the doctor's instructions, strictly according to the instructions.
- Ointments and Gels
Ointments containing diclofenac sodium. For example, drugs Orthofen, Voltaren and others. They are used to relieve inflammation. The ointment is applied a thin layer on the damaged area once a day. Duration of use is 2-3 days or more, as prescribed by the doctor.
Ointments, which contain ketoprofen. For example, such popular drugs as Bystrum-gel or Fastum gel. Ointment is applied a thin layer on the damaged area 2-3 times a day.
Gels based on nimesulide. For example, Naise gel. It is applied 2-3 times a day no longer than 10 days.
Other popular anti-inflammatory drugs: Indomethacin, Butadion 5% ointment and Apizarthron.
Effective are creams aimed at removing edema and reducing pain in the knee when flexing. For example:
Creams based on ibuprofen in combination with other excipients. For example, the cream of Dolgit. It is applied externally. Applied 3-4 times a day for 3 - 5 weeks.
Dietary nutrition to reduce pain
To reduce the discomfort associated with knee pain when flexing, a balanced diet helps. The menu may differ, depending on which disease is causing the pain, but there are general recommendations.
For pain in the knee, it is recommended to include in the diet such products as:
Omega-3 fatty acids, which are rich in various types of fish( salmon, mackerel, cod, tuna, etc.) are a natural anti-inflammatory and, accordingly, help relieve painsyndrome caused by various joint diseases. There are no side effects.
For degenerative diseases of the knee joint, you should include in your diet greens: spinach, green onions, parsley, etc. According to studies conducted by Australian scientists, eating greens helps relieve pain and other symptoms of arthritis. This is due to the fact that the greens contain a large amount of lutein, zeaxanthin and quercetin, and has a strong anti-inflammatory effect.
Some spices also have a pro-inflammatory effect. For example, curry or curcumin. Spices inhibit the enzymes that cause inflammation and swelling and relieve pain.
In rheumatoid arthritis, a diet consisting of vegetable and fruit juices: orange, tomato, carrot, celery or cabbage helps. The duration of such a diet is three weeks, the scheme is as follows: the first week - one "hungry" day, the second week - two days and the third - three days.
Traditional medicine against pain
To remove pain in the knee, help with medicinal lotions and poultices, as well as other folk remedies:
- Gadgets, popular recipes:
At night, a mixture of fermented baked milk and bread is applied to the sore spot( proportions: 0.5 glasses of ryazhenka, 0.5 cups of breadand 0.5 spoon). It removes the pain from the burdock leaf( cabbage leaf).It must be moistened in cold water and, with a fluffy side, attached to the inflamed knee.
- Poultices also performed well:
During the month, before going to bed, you can soar your aching leg in sage broth( proportions: 100g of sage for 6 liters of water).Duration of the procedure: 30 minutes - 1 hour.
A good therapeutic effect also gives a decoction of chamomile with salt( proportions: 200 g of flowers per 10 liters of water).Poultices do once a day. Duration of the procedure: 1 - 1.5 hours
For pains in the knee, alcoholic tincture( proportions: 200 g of chopped root of perestupny for 500 ml of alcohol) is very popular. The mixture must be insisted for two weeks. Then use daily: rub with light massage movements for five minutes. In this case, the therapeutic effect is exerted both by the components of the infusion, and by the massage itself.
Operative treatment in especially severe cases
A modern method of treatment of joint pathology is arthroscopy. It is advisable in those cases when drug treatment and physiotherapy did not produce a significant result.
During arthroscopy the surgeon makes a small incision and with the help of an arthroscope performs a surgical procedure: removal of the damaged meniscus, vaporization and further. These are the main measures to combat pain in the knee, observed when flexing.
In addition to the basic treatment, exercise therapy helps to strengthen the muscles, return the deformed joint to its normal position, restore its functions. This can be gymnastics, walking, exercises in the water, exercises aimed at developing the joint, etc. At home, to achieve the effect, it is enough just to lift up your straightened legs.
If the knee is swollen
At home, relieve swelling and relieve pain in the knee will help painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs. Good aspirin and ibuprofen( less than aspirin, damages the stomach).It will help alleviate the pain, but will not relieve the inflammation of paracetamol.
These drugs may have a negative effect on the intestinal microflora and cause stomach pain. Therefore, it is recommended to take them against the background of drugs that reduce the acidity of the stomach, only after preliminary eating.
In addition to taking medication, if the knee is swollen, it is also necessary: to restrict movement, apply a cold compress and apply a bandage. How to properly apply a bandage, shown in the video.
How to relieve an acute pain in the knee
At the first bouts of pain when bending the knee, you must take painkillers( analgin, ibuprofen) and use a cold compress pack with ice for 20 minutes.
Glucocorticosteroids also help to remove acute pain in the knee, which are injected intra-articularly. Sufficiently effective may be various non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs( creams and ointments).
If the "home" funds did not have an effect within 2-3 days, you should consult a general practitioner! The general practitioner will inspect and, if necessary, redirect you to another specialist.
From the above it becomes clear that it is not so easy to establish the cause of pain in the knee joint. That is why when you have the very first unpleasant sensations in the knee area, you should immediately consult a doctor for a comprehensive examination of the entire body.
Before you treat knee pain, you need to undergo all of the diagnostic tests prescribed by the doctor. The most informative and safe of them are:
- Poll, making an anamnesis;
- General blood test( leukocytosis, anemia, etc.);
- Microbiological study;
- X-ray examination( carried out almost always);
- Serologic analysis is prescribed for suspected rheumatoid arthritis;
- Puncture of the joint( in this case, a certain amount of articular fluid is taken for analysis);
- Puncture biopsy( with suspected osteomyelitis or bone tuberculosis);
- Arthroscopy( technically complex manipulation, which is often performed not only with diagnostic, but also with a therapeutic purpose);
- Densitometry( compulsory examination with initial manifestations of osteoporosis);
- MRI and CT( the most informative examinations, which allow to detect even the slightest changes in the structure of the knee joint);
- ultrasound( appointed often enough, because it is informative enough and does not require large expenditures, for example, for traumatic injuries, osteoarthritis and other diseases).
How to cure pain in the knees?
If there is pain in the knee joint, do not immediately begin treatment with all available means. Such actions can lead to serious consequences. The whole point is that you need to treat the underlying disease, the symptom of which was pain in the knee. For this, it is necessary to go to the doctor and go through all the diagnostic tests he has been assigned, which were mentioned above.
Many people, having felt pain in the region of the knee, eliminate it with the help of topical medications( ointments, lotions, gels, etc.) However, this should not be done. It is very dangerous to use any medication without the permission of a doctor. In addition, it can lead to "blurring" the clinical picture, and diagnose the underlying disease to the doctor will be quite difficult.
What do doctors recommend and appoint when a patient has a knee?
The main directions in the fight against this problem:
- Maximum analgesia;
- Prevention of pain, which consists in restoring the function and structure of the joint.
So, how to treat a knee? Below are the most effective methods of combating knee pain:
- Reduce the load on the joint to such an extent that there will be no unpleasant sensations. If the pain is acute enough, the best option will be a complete lack of stress on the joint and its fixation with a special bandage. The knee should remain as stationary as possible;
- For the purpose of stabilizing the joint during stretching or after trauma, it is recommended to wear a bandage or to bandage the knee daily with an elastic bandage;
- In the absence of contraindications, hot compresses can be used. They are applied to the knee joint, thereby improving the microcirculation of the tissues. A similar effect is also possessed by warming ointments, for example, finalgon. When intolerable acute pain during the first day you can use cold compresses. They have a good analgesic effect;
- Anti-inflammatory drugs are used, such as ibuprofen, paracetamol, etc.;
- Massage and chiropractic;
- Mud applications and radon baths;
- Physiotherapy, physiotherapy;
- In order to prevent pain, you must thoroughly knead the joint before training. And you need to do this with a gradual increase in the load.
However, not always these methods are enough to cope with the pain.
In those cases where conservative methods do not give a noticeable effect, doctors recommend resorting to surgical methods of treatment.
However, even before the surgery, the patient must undergo a course of physiotherapy and physiotherapy exercises - this will allow to remove the edema and to some extent restore the mobility of the joint.
After the preparation, an arthroscopic operation is performed, during which the surgeon tries to completely eliminate the cause of the pain. As a rule, after such treatment a person is fully restored within a month.
Treatment with folk remedies
Of course, treatment with folk remedies can in no case replace traditional medicine. However, it is quite possible to supplement the basic treatment with the help of "grandmother's" recipes. In addition, most doctors are quite positive about this issue.
Experts recommend the use of folk methods when the disease does not carry a great danger to human health, but at the same time it gives him a lot of unpleasant sensations, for example, if you have to treat a knee injury.
The most effective and safe are the following methods:
- Daily soda lotion;
- Compresses with propolis, honey and medical bile;
- Rubbing of the interior beef fat;
You can also read an article about how best to treat cones on legs.
Sick of the knees what to do?
With the problem of pain in the knee, most people in this world face. And many do not even know what to do if the knee hurts. In everyday life, we face this situation every day. And in this there is nothing terrible - because everyday loads on your knees are very large, hence the pain in the joints. As a rule, it is easiest to get a knee injury in sports training or with a lot of physical exertion. The situation when the knees ache is very unpleasant, you should immediately take measures to reduce pain and further avoid injury.
The knee joint is the largest in the entire human body. Hence its very complex structure. The knee joint is located at the junction of the femur and the two bones of the shin. The femur and knee are connected by means of tendons, muscles, cartilages. In the knee joint, there are shock absorbers, menisci perform their function. Menisci also respond to the mobility of their knees. The kneecap closes the patella, protecting it from heavy loads, so that the joint can move freely.
Why can my knees ache?
There are many reasons that affect the pain in the knee. And the first question that arises in people in this situation: aching knees, what to do. But in order to understand what to do, you first need to understand the root cause.
Pain in the knee can be associated with damage to the joints, cartilage, ligaments, tendons. And also with various pathologies of the knee joint. If there is swelling in the knee pains and the composition is hotter than the other, it may indicate the presence of a disease such as arthritis. In addition, the knee may not hurt, but the person will feel that it is constrained, that is, movements are difficult, especially difficult to perform lateral movements. Sometimes, due to pain in the knees, the muscles of the legs above the knees can hurt. This situation is most likely due to excessive sports.
Most often, knee pain occurs when the meniscus is damaged. But already the meniscus injury can be caused by anything - a fall, a strong blow and so on. The cause of damage to the meniscus can be excessive weight, heightened exercise. If the cause of pain in the knees - excess weight, then a person must adhere to a diet in order to lose weight and reduce the burden on your joint. Above, the main reasons were listed, from which it is clear why the knees ache.
Most often, knee pain occurs when an injury occurs. As a rule, such damage can occur in the following situations:
- A very strong knee kick, or knee kick on a hard surface.
- Unsuccessful fall on one knee, or both.
- Trauma can occur if the knee joint is long in an unnatural condition for it.
As a rule, immediately after the injury you can see the first symptoms: there will be swelling of the knee, bruising, acute pain in the joint. When the knee is swollen and aching, a very uncomfortable feeling arises in the joint, as if they are prevented from moving. In addition, there may be a feeling of numbness in the knee or even across the entire leg, as well as a feeling of cold. This is due to the fact that nerve endings can be squashed.
To better understand, let's look at the most known types of knee injuries:
- Meniscal damage.
- Injury of tendons or ligaments, stretching or rupture.
- Rupture of knee ligaments.
- Fracture( open or closed) of the lower part of the femur, upper leg or patella. Fracture can occur with a very strong impact directly in the knee, as well as with a strong fall, when the knee is the entire weight of a person.
- Dislocation of the patella, or dislocation of the knee. It can occur when doing any exercise. Such a trauma happens in women or girls at the age from 14 to 19 years. As a result of such damage, a fragment may form inside the knee, which will prevent the normal functioning of the knee in the future.
- Knee dislocation. As practice shows, such a trauma is rare. It can be obtained only with strong muscular effort. If a person dislocates his knee, he should immediately seek medical help to avoid serious consequences.
What is arthrosis?
Often, acute pain in the knees does not occur immediately, but after some time. This indicates that the person did not go to the doctor on time and did not take any measures for treatment. In addition, hypothermia of the joint is also capable of causing inflammation, which can develop into a chronic one. There will be pain when walking, it will be hard to stand for a long time. All these reasons can lead to arthrosis of the knee joint - chronic pain in the knees. To avoid the risk of this disease, you need to seek medical help in a timely manner.
What is arthritis?
Arthritis is an inflammation of the joint that results from the fact that the joints were exposed to bacteria. If a person has an acute form of arthritis, then it can be accompanied by an increase in body temperature, chills, fever and acute pain in the joints. With this disease, you can see that the inflamed joint turns red and even swells, while the rest of the body is pale.
Chronic arthritis can occur as a result of the deposition of salts. These formations greatly impede the movement of the joint, as a result of which it eventually solidifies eventually, and its functioning is almost impossible. The pains become very strong, muscle atrophy can occur.
To avoid the occurrence of arthritis, you need to keep track of your weight, since excess body weight gives an additional strain on the knee joints. Heavy objects need to be lifted correctly, without making sudden movements. Regular physical exercises will help you in the prevention of any joint disease. It is necessary to reconsider their food, refuse sweets, carbonated drinks. Correct posture is the guarantee of healthy joints, because when you sit with a straight back it looks not only beautiful, but also reduces the load on the joints several times.
Injuries resulting from physical exertion of
Another common cause of these injuries is excessive load on the joint. For example, if a person constantly rides a bicycle, he may well begin an inflammatory process in the knee joint, as a result of which, the knee will begin to ache. People who engage in sports suffer from knee diseases several times more often than people who do not engage in it. Let's consider
the main injuries that can result from prolonged stress on the knee joints:
- Inflammation or defeat of the tendon.
- Occurrence in the joint of tissues or some formations, as a result of which pain in the patellar region may occur.
- Inflammation of synovial knee bag.
Now that the main reasons for the appearance of pain in your knees are dismantled, let's try to figure out how to treat them properly. First of all, you should never engage in self-medication - this will not lead to anything good. All of the above reasons can really affect the pain in the knees, but the true cause can only be revealed by the doctor. Therefore, before starting treatment, consult a doctor.
Once you have a clear idea of if your knees are aching, then you just have to follow the doctors' instructions.
Let's consider some simple recipes that will help to remove swelling or swelling for a while. But keep in mind that these recipes will only have a temporary effect.
- You will need to grind the burdock leaves through a meat grinder or in a blender, mix them with vodka and rub them with damaged places. This method is good for swelling.
- A wonderful tool - a golden mustache. Use it on vodka and rub your knees for the night. Pain immediately decreases.
- Birch leaves can also be used to reduce pain. Attach them to the sore spots, wrap them with gauze and go to rest. In the morning, remove the compress, and you will immediately feel that it has become much easier.
- If you notice that your knees are sore for a long time, but going to the doctor for you is unacceptable, then try every evening to take warm baths with soda. This will reduce pain.
- If you have salt build-up on the joints, then a black radish will help you. Slice her skin and apply to the knee. Start at five minutes, gradually increasing the time to fifteen minutes. The procedures must be carried out within ten days, after which take a break.
- Another recipe that helps to get rid of pain is orange jelly. You will need orange juice and gelatin. After you have prepared the jelly, you will need to eat it three times a day, in the morning, at lunch and at night.
- To prepare the next solution, you need one bay leaf and water. Pour the sheet with water, bring to a boil and simmer for five minutes. Then allow the solution to infuse for two or three hours. After that, you can safely wipe them with inflamed joints.
These simple recipes will help you reduce pain in the knee and relieve swelling. But they can not cure your trauma, complex treatment can be prescribed only by an experienced specialist.
In addition to such recipes, there are several other ways that also help to temporarily reduce the discomfort:
- If the knee is swollen and sore, then the ice pack will help you. You can take the package with ice and attach it to the damaged place. After a while, the pain will begin to recede.
- The application of a fixative bandage can also help. But you must be sure that it can be done with your injury, otherwise you can only aggravate the situation.
- For those who like to run or go in for sports, it will be useful to change sports shoes more often. After all, it has the property of stumbling, which negatively affects the knee joint.
- If the knee hurts, when you sit in one place for a long time, then you need to move a little. Sedentary lifestyle or sedentary work is very dangerous - the risk of gaining excess weight develops, which will put stress on the knee joints, and all the time without movement - it is very harmful, the knees stagnate. Therefore, it is very important to monitor the diet and at least a couple of times a week to arrange a training session. Or every morning to do ten minutes of exercise. It will be useful not only for the knees, but for the whole organism.
- Remember that exercises are necessary in order to avoid pain in the joints. A man needs to develop ligaments and knee muscles, since they are responsible for him. It is necessary to perform exercises to strengthen them, because if they are not strong enough, then you can not avoid pain. At the same time, make sure that there is no overexertion - it can also cause inflammation. It is enough to practice two or three times a week under the guidance of a coach, or to do exercises, an easy warm-up yourself, then watching to avoid any unpleasant sensations.
Sergei Bubnovsky: aching knees, what to do?
Sergey Bubnovsky's famous book "Sore knees: what to do?" Will tell you a lot of interesting things. It is written in plain language and it will be clear to any person who does not have medical education. In this book, you can find many answers to your questions. The author will tell you why there are pains in your knees, what is caused, what consequences may be, what not to do to avoid and much more. You will learn what can be done to temporarily reduce pain in the knee joint. In the book Bubnovsky detailed exercises for the prevention of arthritis and arthrosis, exercises that help restore the functioning of the knee after an injury. You will find out why knees begin to ache with age, even if in youth it was not.
In this book, you can find the answer to any of your questions, which is related to diseases of the knees. Here everything is set out simply and in detail. No reader will have any difficulties, the text is easy and understandable. A lot of useful tips and recipes will help in the future to avoid damage not only knee, but also other joints. Be careful, do regular physical activity, watch your weight and way of life and then you will forget what knee pains are.