Actual question among future mothers: Is it possible to use essential oils? Of course, you can, but not all, their list is limited. You can use oils only if the future mother is healthy and she does not have any contraindications, and if the woman uses them with extreme caution. Essential oils are an extract from plants that are highly concentrated.
Essential oils can be used for aromatherapy, adding it to the aroma lamp, and also applied during the massage. A pregnant woman essential oils can help cope with toxemia, back pain, and with leg swelling that occur in the last months of pregnancy. If the woman decided to use essential oil, it is necessary not to forget the precautionary measures:
- For one procedure, use a maximum of two drops of oil.
- If the oil is to be used for massage, then it must be dissolved.
- If the oil is used in the air humidifier, only need to be turned on for ten minutes.
- Essential oils are best not used in the first trimester.
If pregnancy of the woman passes or takes place quietly, without any contraindications to her it is possible to use such oils as:
- Cypress oil.
- Mint oil.
- Lavender oil.
- Rose oil.
- Eucalyptus oil.
- Bergamot oil.
- Mandarin oil.
- Orange oil.
During pregnancy, it is absolutely forbidden to use oils such as:
- Juniper oil - this oil can adversely affect the kidneys.
- Basil oil - it leads to a change in cells.
- Sage oil - this oil causes bleeding.
- Jasmine oil - can initiate the beginning of genitive activity.
- Rosemary oil - this oil raises the pressure and can cause fights.
- Nut butter - this oil can be used as an anesthetic during childbirth.
It is also not recommended to use essential oils if:
- The woman has had miscarriages.
- If during pregnancy there was a bleeding or a woman suffers from epilepsy.
- A pregnant woman has cardiovascular problems.
- If there are liver, kidney, and diabetes.
- The future mother has problems with the thyroid gland.
A pregnant woman should always consult with a doctor before using any essential oil to protect herself and her baby from negative and bad consequences.