Therapeutic gymnastics and massage with shoulder periarthritis
The shoulder blade is one of the most mobile and flexible joints. It is because of the wide range of movements that the scapula-humeral joint is often subjected to periarthritis.
The reason for the periarthritis of the shoulder joint may be the resulting injury, unsuccessful jerks or heavy physical work. When the shoulder joint is affected, not only medical treatment is required, an important condition here is regular massages, as well as therapeutic gymnastics.
LFK with periarthritis of the shoulder joint
In case the pain of the shoulder and shoulder joint is characterized as very strong, an anesthetic preparation can be taken before performing therapeutic exercises. It is very important to take into account that all exercises should be performed under the supervision of the attending physician or be coordinated with him. The fact is that a reassessment of one's physical abilities( under the influence of an anesthetic drug) can lead to an aggravation of the disease. If the periarthritis of the shoulder joint has pronounced symptoms, the complexity and number of exercises should be increasing. To begin in this case it is necessary with the most simple actions. Detailed exercise is shown in video 1.
As a rule, gymnastics with periarthritis of the shoulder joint is aimed at the development of joints such as the elbow, wrist and hand joints. Basically, the blade joint and the shoulder joint area are kneaded.
In the reflex limitation of the mobility of the affected shoulder or shoulder joint, caused by severe pain, treatment is carried out using thermal procedures. In addition, the patient needs therapeutic gymnastics. Thermal procedures can be carried out with a heating pad, which can be replaced with a bag filled with sand( warmed).In acute periarthritis of the shoulder and shoulder joint, gymnastics requires taking certain measures. First of all, the diseased limb should be fixed with a soft roller installed in the armpit.
If the shoulder periarthritis is in the acute stage, exercise should be performed in the supine position. With a reduction in painful sensations in the humeroscapular joint, it is possible to diversify the exercises, adding to them those performed standing and sitting. Periarthritis of the shoulder joint requires specially selected therapeutic exercises. The result of each action should be the relaxation of the corresponding muscle group. As for the number of exercises, this question should be decided by the attending physician, since he is strictly individual.
Periarthritis of the shoulder joint: some medical exercises
- To perform the first exercise, lie on your back. Bending both hands in the elbows, begin to squeeze and unclench your fingers in a fist. After doing about 10 times, shake with brushes. It is recommended to take at least 0.5 minutes to complete.
- The following action, aimed at reducing pain in periarthritis of the shoulder joint, is performed in the same initial position. Bending your arms in the elbows, begin to bend and unbend the wrists in the wrist joints. After doing this action 5 times, go to the circular rotations of the brushes, which in this case should be relaxed. It is not necessary to hurry. Feeling tired, let the joints rest.
- If the humeroparous periarthritis is in the acute stage, it is recommended to start exercise therapy from exercise, including the following: lying on your back and straightening your arms, start turning the wrists down and up.5-10 times will be quite enough, then you can proceed to the next exercise.
- While in the previous starting position, touch with the palms of the shoulders, while taking a deep breath, returning to the starting position, exhale. The action should be done 5 to 10 times.
- With periarthritis of the shoulder joint, it is very good to perform the following exercise: lying on a hard surface, bend your arms( in the elbows) so that a right angle is obtained. Do not hurry, start to spread the forearms in the sides. It is advisable that, when performing this exercise, the brushes of your hands touch the surface on which you are lying. The optimal number of exercises - 5 times.
- Brushes should be on the shoulders, elbows spread on the sides, taking a deep breath at the same time. Returning to the starting position, exhale. Repeat the exercise 5 times.
- Put your hands on your shoulders, raise your elbows forward, taking a deep breath, lowering your elbows - exhale. This movement helps to relieve pain in the shoulder, the shoulder joint. The total number of movements is 5-7 times.
- Putting hands in the starting position along the trunk, start to plant them on the sides. In this case, turn the palms up and down. Perform the exercise until the affected shoulder does not have a feeling of fatigue.
- If you have a shoulder periarthritis, the following exercise should be included in the complex of exercise therapy: the initial position is the same, alternately start lifting your hands up, while taking a deep breath and exhaling.
- Spread your arms across the width of the plane on which you are lying( palms down).With palms, try pressing on the surface. If at the same time you feel pain in the shoulder, the exercise should be discarded.
- Lying, as before, on a hard surface, stretch out your hands so that your hands are pointing upwards, for a few minutes, try to relax.
If something is not clear, help video 2. If the scapular periarthritis is at an acute stage, do not try to do the exercises to the maximum. Repeat them preferably three times a day, but the amount should be determined by the attending physician.
At the moment when the pain becomes less pronounced, the following exercises should be added to the exercise complex:
- Sitting on a chair, put your feet to the width of your shoulders. Next, proceed to bending the arms in the elbows, while taking a deep breath, unbending, exhale. Feeling behind the affected shoulder discomfort, you should stop.
- Raise and lower your hands in front of you, breathing in and out. Five exercises will be enough.
- Next, try to get your hand to the shoulder blade, then try the same thing with your hand with the affected shoulder. If the exercise causes you severe pain, it is better to abandon it.
- If periarthritis does not make itself felt by acute symptoms, the following exercise will do: put your hands on your knees. Take your hand to the side, hold it for a few seconds, then take a breath, the same should be repeated with the other hand.
- Put your hands on your shoulders, alternately start pulling your elbows to the knee of the opposite leg. In this case, the knee can be raised.
- Sitting on a chair, make a slope, one hand should be pulled to the shoulder, the second one down. Changing your hands, take a deep breath and exhale.
- With periarthritis, the following exercise is very effective: with shoulder joints, try to perform circular movements back and forth.
- Next, proceed to make head inclinations back and forth, then to the side. Do not rush if this does not happen, if there are dizziness, take a short break.
If the periarthritis does not make itself felt by pronounced symptoms, it is possible to include the following exercise in the exercise complex: the initial position is the same( sitting on a chair), stand up, spread your arms to the sides, taking a breath. Returning to the original position, exhale. Follow the exercise 5-7 times.
Exercise for brachial periarthritis in the starting position standing
Standing on your feet, begin to perform circular movements with your hands, lifting them in front of you. Then, while doing the same actions, drop your hands. Exercise is performed at a slow pace until the first signs of fatigue.
The starting position is the same, put your feet on the width of the shoulders, start the swings to the right and left with both hands. Exercise should be performed 5-10 times( depending on how acutely the polyarthritis makes itself felt).
Standing on your feet, hands at the seams, start to swing back and forth. The muscles must be relaxed. Next, try to alternate the direction of the hands( one forward, the other back).
Another effective exercise for shoulder periarthritis is walking, during which wide hand movements are performed. It is not necessary to hurry up in this case, it's enough for 1 min.
Massage with periarthritis of the shoulder joint
With the help of a complex that includes exercise therapy and massage procedures, a quick and effective result can be achieved. Therapeutic massage can remove pain and prevent the formation of rough scar tissue. In addition, this method is able to eliminate the development of tendovaginitis, bursitis, myositis, to prevent muscle atrophy.
It is very important that the massage procedures are regular, enough to give them 15 minutes a day. Typically, the course includes 15-20 massage procedures that require periodic breaks of 3 to 4 weeks. To treat the periarthritis of the scapula and shoulder joint exclusively by the medicinal method is not enough, since this can lead to the development of reflex contracture( restriction of mobility).
To ensure that the humeropathy periarthritis does not cause complications, it is very important to follow all the recommendations of the attending physician. After performing exercise therapy, the shoulder joint is recommended to be fixed so that the movements are minimal. For this, the patient should lie on a hard surface so that the arm is at a right angle.
LFK with humeroscapular periarthritisThe use of physiotherapy exercises occupies an important place in the complex therapy of various diseases. This is especially important in the treatment of diseases of the musculoskeletal system and, in particular, the humeroparous periarthritis.
What is humeropathy periarthritis
Pleuralopathy periarthritis is a symptom complex that develops as a result of inflammation of the surrounding shoulder joint of soft tissues( capsules of the joint, tendons and ligaments).The incidence increases with age.
The defeat of periarticular tissues is due to a variety of causes, including:
- cervical osteochondrosis;
- injury area of the joint;
- occupational exposures leading to chronic microtrauma;
- congenital features of the structure.
The syndrome of the humeropathy periarthritis is characterized by the following symptoms:
- joint pain, aggravated with certain movements, depending on the affected area;
- weakness and atrophy of shoulder muscles;
- restriction of movements - characterized by varying degrees up to the development of the "frozen joint".
The goals of exercise therapy
Therapeutic gymnastics in the development of humeropyritis is an obligatory component of therapy and its task is to achieve the following:
- prophylaxis of contracture development;
- recovery of strength and muscle tone;
- strengthening of the ligament apparatus;
- improvement of local circulation;
- increase in the volume of movements.
Therapeutic physical training is assigned at the stage of rehabilitation and is conducted under the supervision of a specialist.
Exercises of exercise therapy can be performed in different initial positions:
- lying on the back;
- lying on the stomach;
- sitting on a chair;
- near the gymnastic wall;
- in the standing position.
During the training it is possible to use a variety of subjects:
- gymnastic stick;
- the ball;
- rubber tape.
There are certain requirements for the exercise of exercise therapy:
- gradual increase in load;
- classes should be regular;
- doing exercises should not cause pain;
- exercises should be performed slowly;
- begins with movements in the distal joints( brushes, wrist and elbow joints), and then move on to shoulder exercises.
Exemplary set of exercises
First, the movements are carried out, lying on the back:
- squeezing-unclenching of fingers;
- movement in the wrist joint( flexion-extension);
- rotation with brushes;
- hands to lower along the body, inhale them to bend them in the elbows, bring the brush to the shoulders, on exhalation return to the starting position;
- bring the hands to the shoulders, produce the elbows;
- bring the hands to your shoulders, raise your elbows on your breath, lower them down on exhalation;
- to spread arms, relax, regain breath.
Exercises performed while sitting:
- raising and lowering hands on a healthy side, then doing the same with a patient hand;
- movement shoulders up, down;
- movement shoulders in a circle with the hands down;
- movement in the cervical region - tilts, circular movements.
Exercises in the standing position:
- flapping hands to the sides, forward-back;
- walking, accompanied by sweeping movements of hands.
Complex of exercises Popova
Doctor Peter Popov developed his complex of exercises, which implies the principle of "small movements" - doing stretching, rotating, wiggling. Therapeutic gymnastics is built on simple movements that do not bring the patient any discomfort and pain.
The basic exercises of the complex:
- raise the shoulders as much as possible upwards and draw the number eight at first synchronously, then in turn;
- pull the spine, lifting the shoulders up, linger, then lower your shoulders down, again fix the position;
- perform the movement of the hands "scissors" - on the inspiration to spread your arms so that the shoulder blades are connected, on exhalation - crossed;
- take turns to raise your hands up, turning your body towards the raised limb, while lowering your arm down relax the muscles of the shoulder girdle;
- arm bend at the elbow joint, lift, then lower it down and slowly straighten, repeat with the other hand;
- make the lock, stretching his arms forward, perform wavy movements, stretching the muscles of the shoulder and gradually increasing the tempo;
- circular movements by hands, extended forward and connected to the lock;
- put your hands palms down on your knees, tilt the body forward, turning your shoulder to the opposite knee, then straighten up and repeat the exercise with the other shoulder;
- to tilt the body forward, pull the chest to the knees, linger, trying to pull the shoulders to the legs, fix the case in this position, return to the starting position.
After performing each exercise from the main complex, it is recommended to do warm-up movements:
- imitating walking, sitting - feet to shoulder-width apart, back straight, to raise and lower the feet, at this time to perform sliding movements along the thigh, inhale - to lower hands to the knees, on exhalation - raise them up;
- is the same walking, sitting, but the arms are made circular movements, from the hip to the knees, and lower, if the pain does not disturb.
Exercise for relaxation is performed in case when there is a feeling of tension in the main complex:
- in the sitting position, with the arms lowered along the body, the muscles of the shoulder and back relaxed - slow movements of the shoulders up and down, at this time, bend the spine, then slowlystraighten up.
Contraindications to physiotherapy
In the presence of the following conditions of exercise physical therapy contraindicated:
- the presence of circulatory failure from 2 stages and above;
- presence of fever;
- risk of bleeding;
- high blood pressure.
Regular daily performance of the complex of therapeutic gymnastics allows to achieve positive dynamics, to achieve a reduction in pain, to improve the functional state of the joints.
Shoulder-bladder periarthritis: a set of exercise exercises
For a disease such as a humeropathy periarthritis - a set of exercises requires a fairly careful approach. After all, the workouts are aimed at accelerating the treatment of the shoulder joint and the muscles that surround it. In combination with the use of medicines and physiotherapy, they successfully fight the disease.IMPORTANT TO KNOW!A new means of restoring joints in 99% of subjects. The pain goes away 100%!Read more here - & gt;
Procedures for the treatment of periarthritis
A complex of exercises with shoulder periarthritis is simply necessary. It includes massage of both the shoulder joint and the entire neck area. Gymnastics are held when the hand is well fixed. If the pain is clearly expressed, then before taking classes it is recommended to take an analgesic.
The number of exercises for each person is selected individually. Carrying out them, immobilization is necessary: with the humeroscapular periarthritis, immobility is important so that the muscles during exercise are not damaged even more. Physiotherapy exercises with shoulder-blade periarthritis have the following result:
- relieves pain and relaxes the muscles of the diseased shoulder joint;
- gradually restores joint motion;
- bounces the strength of muscles and their tone.
Extremely is important in the treatment of humeroscapular periarthritis, upper limb massage, of the shoulder joint and neck area. It improves blood circulation in the affected area and thereby reduces discomfort. Regular massage will also prevent muscular atrophy of the shoulder caused by the impossibility of movements due to pain, and prevent the limitation of joint mobility.
It is recommended to carry out gymnastics in two stages. Exercises of the first block are aimed at relaxing the affected muscles and relieving pain, while the second is designed for the gradual restoration of joint mobility, as well as the regulation of muscle tone.
A set of exercises with a shoulder-flapper periarthritis
A correctly selected set of exercises allows you to get rid of the pain in a short period of time and cope with the inflammation that builds up in the shoulder joint.
The results of many years of development of doctors can be seen on video - exercises with a shoulder-blade retraction are specially selected and designed for the gradual restoration of the joint.
Starting position: the arms are shoulder-width apart, lowered down, holding the wand. During exhalation slowly raise your hands upwards, trying to pull the joints of your shoulders as much as possible. Gently lower your hands.
Starting position: arms width apart, extended forward. On exhalation slowly withdraw the shoulder back to the right with a stick, which we hold at arm's length like an arm. Similarly, move the shoulder to the left.
Starting position: as in Exercise 2. We lower the stick down and during the exhalation we slowly swing to one side and the other. It is desirable that the amplitude of movements is maximum. If the pain is acute, then the movements should be very moderate.
Starting position: raise your arms and keep them shoulder width apart. On exhalation, slowly and gently lower the stick to one side, and then to the other.
Initial position: the stick is compressed in the palms of the hands in front of you vertically at arm's length. Doing an exhalation, smoothly turn the object in one direction, then in another. It is necessary to use the shoulder joints as much as possible. When you feel a lot of pain, exercise should be done smoothly.
In the case of a humeroscapular periarthritis, therapeutic exercises may include other activities that are not considered above. They need to be done every day two or three times. It is better that all the movements of the shoulder are as isolated as possible. For this purpose, the blade is fixed using special belts. You can simply choose a position whereby during the activity of the joint the scapula will move as little as possible.
Gymnastics can be performed by a patient under the care of a doctor, or independently at home. It does not require special simulators, but only methodical execution. After termination of treatment, excessive loads of on the affected joint should be avoided. They can cause a new inflammation.
Shoulder-bladder periarthritis - a set of exercises
To prevent the development of a chronic process, physicians strongly recommend a complex of exercise exercises to patients suffering from a shoulder-flapper periarthritis, which will help ease the condition and defeat the disease.
What movements are recommended?
For an early recovery, the specialists developed special exercises with shoulder periarthritis. It includes:
- Flexion and extension of hands( in the wrist joint), as well as circular movements of the hands.
- Compression and unclenching of brushes.
- Turns the palms up and down.
A very big role in the complex therapy of this form of pathology is played by therapeutic exercises
- Touching the shoulders with your fingers.
- Raising the hands to the sides with the simultaneous rotation of the hands.
- Raising hands up( alternate).
- Pressing the palms onto a hard surface.
- Jerk hands.
- Circular movements around the shoulder joint( back and forth).
- Swing your hands.
- Starting behind the back with a simultaneous touch of the opposite shoulder blade.
Each of the prescribed exercises must be performed 6-10 times for half an hour three times a week( whenever possible - every day).
Basic Exercises of the
Exercise No. 1
I.P.- sitting on a chair, palms on the waist, elbows are divorced in the sides. Very slowly and slowly, circular movements of the shoulders are performed, one minute forward and backward.
Exercise # 2
is the same as in the previous exercise. Slowly and smoothly, the shoulders move to the limit forward and back to the limit. Exercise should be repeated 5-6 times.
Exercise No. 3
IP sitting on a chair, a painful arm is wound up, as far as possible, behind the back. There, she clasps her healthy arm around her wrist and stretches to the opposite buttock( only to the sensation of muscle tension).The achieved position should be fixed for 7-10 seconds, then inhale maximum on the arm, and hold it for 10-12 seconds. Relaxation of the diseased limb is performed on exhalation. While she is relaxed, her healthy hand should be pulled a few more centimeters( toward the healthy buttocks), until there is a slightly painful muscle tension. For one approach, you should perform 4-5 exercises of stress - relaxation.
Exercise # 4
sitting. Brush the sick arm should be placed on the opposite shoulder, pressing the elbow to the body and clasping it with a healthy hand. Then gently and smoothly, you need to pull the elbow upward( as if sliding over your chest).After the elbow is pulled to its maximum height( without pain), in the achieved position, it should be delayed for 10-15 seconds, and then inhale as much as possible to strain the affected arm, resisting movement. The duration of such a voltage is 7-10 seconds, and then the patient's hand relaxes and rises a little more upward( up to a slight strain of muscles and soreness).Then it is necessary to fix the position again for 10-15 seconds, and repeat everything again, trying to raise the elbow one degree higher each time. Exercise should be repeated 5-6 times.
Exercise No. 5
This therapeutic gymnastics is recommended for patients with lean shoulder periarthritis in patients with severely limited mobility of the shoulder joint and poorly diverted to the side of the limb. This exercise can be performed in a standard and simplified version. The simplified version is performed in the prone position, the diseased limb is diverted to the side, straightened and placed palm up. It should be raised 2 degrees above the floor and tighten the arm( it should be straightened at the elbow, the palm facing upwards).The voltage is held for 7-10 seconds, then for 10-15 seconds - complete relaxation. Then, on inhalation, the hand is raised 1-2 cm from the floor and tightens for 7-10 seconds. On exhalation - relaxation. You should perform about five cycles of relaxation - tension. The standard version of the exercise is the same as the simplified one, just lying on the couch, placing the sore shoulder on its edge.
Exercise No. 6
It is prescribed for patients with a strong rotational restriction of the mobility of the shoulder joint. It is also performed in two versions. Simplified version: I.P.- lying on the back, the diseased limb is bent at the elbow and in the shoulder at an angle of 90 degrees, palm up. Without changing the position, it is necessary to strain the patient's arm severely, lifting the palm from the floor by 2 cm and so holding for 10-15 seconds, then 10 seconds of relaxation. Such an exercise is performed in 4-5 approaches. The standard version is also performed, only lying on the couch( the painful shoulder is closer to the edge).
Exercise No. 7
Perfectly helps patients who have a poor arm rotation in the shoulder joint. LFK with a shoulder-flap periarthritis with a rotational restriction of mobility provides for this exercise in both simplified and standard versions. With a simplified version, the patient lies on his back on the floor. The painful arm should be bent in the shoulder and at the elbow at an angle of 90 degrees, turning the palm down. Without changing the position, the hand tightens, and the brush rises 1-2 cm from the floor for 10-15 seconds, followed by ten-second relaxation. It is recommended to repeat the exercise 4-5 times. The standard version is the same as the simplified one, just lying on the sofa( the painful shoulder is closer to the edge, the arm is bent at 90 degrees, palm up).
Exercise # 8
- standing near a chair, leaning forward and leaning on a chair with a healthy hand. The patient's hand is down. She should be allowed to hang freely for 10-20 seconds, then start pendulum movements in a circle, forward and backward. The amplitude of movements is gradually increased, while not allowing obvious painful sensations, within 3-5 minutes.
Exercise No. 9
I.P.- standing facing the wall. The painful arm should be raised as much as possible without pain. On the wall, you should select a point, 10 cm above the point to which you can reach without effort with your fingers. Moving with your fingers, we move to the intended point, while trying to reach out with your hand.
Warning! When doing this exercise, you should not allow pain. To do this, you must follow the rule of alternating tension and relaxation.
Performing such an exercise daily, for 2-3 minutes, you can significantly expand the amount of movement in the patient's arm.
Recommendation: when performing this exercise, you do not need to actively roll your head up and watch your hand, since in patients suffering from instability of the cervical spine due to blood flow disorders in the basilar artery, dizziness or loss of consciousness may occur.
Periods of therapeutic gymnastics
With this form of pathology, physical exercises are divided into two periods:
- Class I exercises are recommended for acute pain and severe limitation of shoulder mobility. At this time, the main task of exercise therapy is the removal of pain and relaxation of the muscles of the shoulder joint, as well as increasing its mobility. All exercises are performed with fixation of the shoulder blades( sitting, standing or lying down).
- When the pain subsides, it is possible to start practicing II period of exercise therapy with pleural shoulder periarthritis.] In this case, the patient is assigned exercises that help to restore movement along all the axes of the shoulder joint, as well as restore the muscle tone and strength of the muscles of the affected limb. Exercises of the second period are performed without fixing the shoulder blades sitting, standing( including the gymnastic wall) and lying on the back.
Note: for each patient an individual approach is necessary, taking into account his age, physical fitness and the degree of development of the pathological process.
All lessons should be conducted daily, including without the participation of an instructor.
Physiotherapy exercises with shoulder-scapular periarthritis. Part 1
Therapeutic complex of gymnastics with shoulder-scapular periarthritis. It is conducted in one of Moscow's polyclinics. Even with severe forms or exacerbation of the disease after trauma. For six months, amazing results are happening. I wish everyone good health!
More about the course of the disease on my blog http: //delovremeni.ru/ krasota-i-zdoro. ..
Exercises that are not visible on the screen, according to your numerous requests I placed in the second parthttp: //youtu.be/ 976odVoPyOE //www.youtube.com/ https: //www.youtube.com/ watch? V = P8URL17UjTM