Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for the treatment of joints. List of
drugs Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for the treatment of joints are used to reduce the manifestation of symptoms of arthrosis, arthritis and other diseases. They are designed to stop the inflammation, get rid of the pain, which is strongly manifested in the 2-3 stages of pathology development.
Tasks for non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for the treatment of joints were created for specific purposes. There are only two such tasks:
- to eliminate pain in the joint;
- reduce inflammation, prevent it from developing.
Currently, such drugs are widely used, they show high efficiency in comparison with other drugs. They are able to reduce the main manifestations of the symptoms of joint diseases.Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for the treatment of joints can not completely rid the person of arthrosis. Their task is to eliminate the painful symptoms of pathology. With it, they do an excellent job. These drugs bring relief from the disease, which other means can not achieve.
When arthrosis worsens, it is impossible to engage in physiotherapy exercises, do some physiotherapeutic procedures. Some patients tend to folk medicine, but its methods are very slow. In this situation, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs can be used to treat joints.
Popular means of
There is a diverse range of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs that are designed to treat diseases such as arthrosis and arthritis. The disease when they are used ceases to develop, the symptoms decrease.
The most famous drugs are:
Each medicine has its own characteristics: some are weaker, and some are designed to treat the disease in an acute form. Independently should not be determined with the choice of the drug, it should appoint a doctor.
Methods of application
Various methods of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs have been developed. Here are the existing options:
- injections for joints intramuscular;
- injection inside the joint;
- cream for joints;
When the disease of the joints is in severe form, the condition worsens, then strong medications are used that have a wide range of side effects. The doctor applies injections for joints, so as not to do much harm to the body. Often such procedures are done with gonarthrosis, coxarthrosis. This does not penetrate into the gastrointestinal tract of negative substances that affect the gastric mucosa, in contrast to tablets. With the help of injections, useful elements are delivered in large quantities, when compared with other methods of application.
Non-hormonal anti-inflammatory drugs for the oral administration are released. They are made in the form of tablets.
Use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs is required by strict doctor's instructions. The specialist is obliged to issue a prescription to follow. If you use the drug in large doses, you will have problems, complications that can even lead to the death of a person.
People who have problems with the gastrointestinal tract, kidneys that have allergies, liver cirrhosis, heart disease and blood vessels should be careful. The action of components that are part of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs can reduce the effectiveness of other drugs that are used. Therefore, it is required to combine the preparations carefully, it is best to consult a specialist.
Therapy takes a long time. Patients are assigned about 15 injections or 7 intraarticular injections. Everything depends on the stage of the disease and the sensitivity to the drug.
Some Important FactsIn medical practice, situations were noted where the patient, after receiving the result, feels relief, no pain, and gives up treatment. But arthrosis or arthritis is not yet defeated. When the symptoms are gone, a person needs to work hard to cure the underlying disease. For this, there are such ways:
- proper nutrition;
- reception of chondroprotectors;
- folk methods;
- stay in medical sanatoria.
If a non-steroidal drug is taken for a long time, the development of new cells with a cartilaginous tissue is disrupted, this function slows down. But arthrosis is characterized by the destruction of cartilage. Consequently, these drugs accelerate the process of deformation. They violate the synthesis of proteoglycans, because of which water is lost. Therefore, the duration of treatment with nonsteroidal medicines should also be monitored. It is necessary to know what ointments for joints to use in a particular case, so as not to harm.
Side effects, contraindications
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are relatively safe drugs. But they also have some side effects:
- worsens kidney function;
- adversely affects the activity of the gastrointestinal tract;
- may contribute to the development of heart disease or blood vessels;
- can cause a rash, nausea, diarrhea;
- can cause a miscarriage if there is a pregnancy for up to 20 weeks.
People who have bronchial asthma are contraindicated for these drugs.
Important to know
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs show excellent results in treatment. But there are some nuances:
- When a patient has a stomach ulcer, asthma, hypertension, serious kidney, liver, heart disease, then these drugs can not be used.
- Taking these medicines can provoke bleeding in the gastrointestinal tract. Because of this, analyzes are constantly handed over to monitor the situation.
- A person who takes non-steroid drugs in any form, puts himself at risk of having blood clots, a stroke or a heart attack. They are especially dangerous for those who have problems with the cardiovascular system.
- A person who has had a coronary artery bypass surgery must refuse to take these medications.
The appointment of a doctor for various non-steroidal drugs
Depending on the manifestation of the disease, the doctor can prescribe the following drugs:
- "Ibuprofen" ( tablets).Instructions for use indicate almost complete absence of side effects. This drug is very effective. It is also available in the form of a solution for injection. It is part of ointments.
- "Ketoprofen" .It is available in different forms, namely: ointment, gel, tablets, injections, joint cream. Any form reduces inflammation. Most often, the drug is prescribed for arthritis of the hip joint and rheumatoid arthritis.
- "Meloksikam" .Like the previous tool, release occurs in a variety of variations. A long course of treatment is required.
- "Celecoxib" .The drug is potent, it is available in the form of capsules. It does not affect negatively on the gastrointestinal tract. This can be considered a great advantage.
- "Indomethacin" .Fast acting, quite effective. Produced in the form of candles, tablets, gels.
- "Nimesulide" .It is a unique tool. With its help, pain is eliminated, inflammation passes, and cartilaginous tissue is not destroyed in the future. Especially often it is used for pathologies of the hip joints.
- "Sulfasalazine" .Has a lasting result, but it takes about 6 weeks for it to be visible.
- "Diclofenac" ( ointment).The price of the drug is low, but it has a different capacity. It is available as a solution for injections, tablets( Diclofenac, Voltaren Acti, Orthofen, etc.).
When using non-steroidal drugs, you must follow certain rules:
- Follow strictly instructions.
- When a capsule or tablet is used, it is necessary to drink it with a full glass of water. This will create a certain protection for the stomach, it will not be so irritated.
- You can not combine drugs with alcohol. This increases the risk of gastric pathology.
- Pregnant women should better abstain from nonsteroidal drugs.
- After taking the capsule or tablet take half an hour, after which it is allowed to lie down. The vertical position of the body facilitates the rapid passage of the drug through the esophagus, this affects the force of gravity.
- If, for example, anti-inflammatory ointments for joints were taken, then other non-steroid preparations should not be taken on the same day. From this, the effect does not increase, and the side effects overlap.
- If the effect of any drug is not observed, attention should be paid to the dosage. Independently it is not necessary to increase the dose, this must be agreed with the doctor. You may need to change your medication for another. From this, the desired result may appear.
Reduces fever, eliminates the headache "Ibuprofen"( pills).Instructions for use include various nuances of the use of the drug. In large doses, it is used for diseases of the joints, spine.
One should be cautious, as side effects often occur, such as:
- disorders of the gastrointestinal tract;
- increase in blood pressure;
There are other side effects, as well as contraindications. You need to carefully read them, so as not to get complications. It is best to consult a doctor, then follow his instructions.
One of the effective means is "Diclofenac"( ointment).Its price is affordable for many people. The drug has a strong analgesic effect. Often, doctors advise him for pain in the joints or back.
Minus the medication is the presence of side effects, so it can not be used for long. Diclofenac can cause dizziness, pain in the head, tinnitus. At the same time, the activity of the liver is disrupted. It can not be used for asthma, pregnancy or breast-feeding.
Diclofenac with paracetamol
"Panoxen" is an effective tool that contains two powerful components. The drug reduces pain when:
- of neuralgia;
- lumbago and other pathologies.
Side effects do not differ from those of diclofenac. Has the following contraindications:
- renal, hepatic and heart failure;
- of bowel disease;
- recently transferred coronary artery bypass graft;
- active, progressive diseases of kidney and liver;
- pregnancy, child age.
As well as diclofenac, indomethacin relieves inflammation, anesthetizes. That's only this drug is considered obsolete, since it has a number of side effects, contraindications. Do not use this product for children under 14 years.
There are various anti-inflammatory ointments for joints, creams, tablets, injections, suppositories that do not contain hormones. They show themselves effective in the treatment of arthrosis, arthritis and other diseases. Completely rid the disease of such drugs can not, but will suppress symptoms. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are relatively harmless when compared with hormonal. They perfectly relieve the signs of the disease, remove the pain, after which the patient can begin a comprehensive treatment.
Anti-inflammatory drugs for the joints
All pathologies of the musculoskeletal system are accompanied by pain syndrome and inflammation. In the early stages of the development of diseases, these signs are poorly expressed, and physiotherapy, gymnastics and local influences are sufficient to eliminate them. When the disease progresses, it is necessary to use anti-inflammatory drugs for the joints. Depending on the origin of the active ingredients, they are classified into 2 large groups - steroid and nonsteroidal agents. Each type has a number of features, advantages and disadvantages.
Steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for the treatment of joints
The described type of medication is the most effective and quick-acting. Such drugs are based on chemical compounds that are similar in molecular structure to cortisone isolated by the human body.
Usually, steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for joints are used in the form of injections. With the help of injections, the maximum therapeutic effect is achieved, especially if they are performed directly in the affected area, the intra-articular space.
List of medicines:
It should be noted that in severe cases of joint diseases, one blockade is not always enough. Therefore, glucocorticosteroids can be recommended for systemic use.
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for joints
This group of drugs has less pronounced effect, but it is quite enough to stop the moderate, medium and moderate stage of the pathology of the musculoskeletal system. Moreover, such medications cause far fewer negative side effects and consequences than steroids, do not provoke addiction.
The most common anti-inflammatory drugs for joints are used in the form of tablets:
- to Lornoxicam;
- Rapent Rapid;
- Metindol Retard;
Most of these medications are sold in other dosage forms, including injectable solutions.
Local non-steroidal anti-inflammatory and pain medications for joints
Light forms of articular pathologies do not always imply the administration or internal administration of NSAIDs. To reduce pain and reduce the severity of inflammation, you can apply local medicines:
- Orthofen Ointment;
- Voltaren emulsifier;
- Nurofen gel;
- Diclonate P;
- Fastum gel;
Review of modern drugs for arthritis
There are many ways of treating arthritis. One of the main methods of traditional medicine is drug therapy, which is aimed at eliminating inflammation, alleviating the symptoms of the disease and restoring the functions of the joints. What medicines are used for this? Let's talk more about the pros, cons and features of each group of medicines.
Analgesics( pain relievers)
Analgesics are drugs that relieve pain. There are several types of analgesics: on the basis of acetaminophen( released from pharmacies without a prescription), opioid analgesics( dispensed by prescription) and combined drugs, which include both acetaminophen and opioid.
Acetaminophen-based medicines( eg, Tylenol) are suitable for alleviating moderate pain and discomfort. Opioid and mixed analgesics - Oxycodone, Methadone, Tramadol, Morphine, Oxicontrin, Vicodin and others - are prescribed for severe pain.
Principle of operation of
Opioids( synthetic narcotic drugs) bind to the receptors of the cells of the brain, spinal cord and gastrointestinal tract and thus "disconnect" the pain centers and block the transmission of painful impulses. Opioid analgesics are in many cases more effective than acetaminophen, but their use is often accompanied by side effects. Such medications are taken either on demand or on schedule at regular intervals.
In the past, opioids have been used mainly to relieve acute pain( for example, after surgery or serious trauma), but now they are prescribed to alleviate chronic pain, including arthritis. These drugs are a suitable option for patients suffering primarily from severe pain, and not from inflammation.
Non-narcotic analgesics based on acetaminophen act in a different way: they inhibit the synthesis of certain enzymes involved in the formation of prostaglandins, which are the cause of the onset of pain. More about prostaglandins a little further.
The advantages of analgesics over non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs( namely as part of pain relief) are higher efficacy and no side effects from the gastrointestinal tract. A significant disadvantage of painkillers is that they do not relieve inflammation, and with prolonged use it is possible to get addictive.
Application of analgesics: it's important to know
If you are recommended for the treatment of arthritis with analgesics, know:
- You can not stop taking the medication suddenly - it can trigger serious side effects.
- After the first use of the opioid analgesic, do not drive and do not take other actions that require concentration. The medicine has different effects on the body, in some people the rate of reaction decreases, there is drowsiness and light dizziness.
- If you experience discomfort when swallowing tablets, discuss with your doctor the possibility of using an analgesic in another form, for example, in the form of a patch. The active substance in this case will get to the focus of pain through the skin.
Click image to enlarge
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs( NSAIDs)
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs( NSAIDs) are widely used to treat arthritis: they reduce inflammation and pain.
Principle of operation of
If analgesics fight directly with pain, NSAIDs reduce both of the most unpleasant symptoms of the disease: both pain and inflammation. To this group of medicines are Motrin, Advil, Ecotrin, Celebrex, Klinoril, Voltaren, Naprosin, etc.
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs block the work of hormone-like substances - prostaglandins. These substances have an important function - they protect the gastric mucosa from their own digestive fluids. At the same time it is prostaglandins that are involved in pain and inflammation. NSAIDs just block the work of prostaglandins. Pain and inflammation are weakened, but the gastric mucosa becomes more vulnerable to ulceration and bleeding.
NSAID use: it is important to know
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs show excellent results in arthritis therapy, but these medications have their own nuances:
- These medications are not recommended for patients with gastric ulcers, past gastric bleeding, liver, kidney, heart, asthmaand hypertension.
- Taking any NSAID is accompanied by a risk of blood clots, the development of a heart attack or stroke. Risks are higher in patients suffering from diseases of the cardiovascular system.
- NSAIDs can not be used in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass graft surgery.
- The use of NSAIDs can cause sudden bleeding in the digestive tract. In this regard, you should regularly take tests( blood, liver enzymes) to monitor the effect of the drug.
Disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs( BMAP)
Different BMAP have different principles of action, the positive effect in all cases is the same - the progression of the disease either stops or slows down. The use of BMPA allows to avoid damage to the joints and internal organs.
This group includes preparations: Plakvenil, Arava, Neoral, Imuran, Cytoxan.
Disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs are most often prescribed to patients who are at high risk of irreversible damage to the joints. The use of these medications is indicated for rheumatoid, psoriatic and juvenile idiopathic arthritis.
The main advantage of BMPA is that even with prolonged use they do not cause addiction and serious side effects. A significant disadvantage of this group of drugs is a slow action. That is why, in the treatment of arthritis, BARMP is often used in combination with other drugs that have a faster effect, for example, NSAIDs, corticosteroids, etc.
Application of BMPP: it is important to know
- BMARP is slow enough, sometimes it takes weeks, or even to get the first tangible effectsmonths of treatment.
- Before starting BMAP, be sure to notify your doctor about infectious diseases, if any, at the time of treatment. If during the treatment there are signs of infectious diseases( fever, sore throat, painful urination, etc.), immediately consult a doctor.
- Do not use these medications in patients with hypertension, liver and kidney disease, and after vaccination.
Biological agents( biological response modifiers) are medicines obtained by genetic engineering from living organisms( viruses, genes or proteins).
The most popular biological agents prescribed for arthritis: Actemra, Orentsia, Rituximab, Simponi, etc.
Principle of operation of
The task of these medicines is to stimulate the body's natural reaction to infection or disease. The purpose of biological agents that have entered the body are proteins, cells and intercellular communication routes, responsible for the symptoms and destructive effect of rheumatoid and other types of arthritis. These drugs act in one of the following ways:
- blocks extracellular protein( tumor necrosis factor), which is produced by white blood cells and causes inflammation of the joints;
- blocks white blood cells( B-lymphocytes) that produce antibodies and are present in the body of patients with arthritis in large numbers;
- blocks the proteins involved in the development of inflammatory processes in the joints;
- inhibits the activation of white blood cells( T-lymphocytes), thereby interrupting the chain reaction leading to the development of inflammation.
Application of biological agents: it is important to know
The use of biological response modifiers, like any other medication, entails certain risks:
- In the treatment of arthritis, these agents increase the risk of developing infectious diseases. If there are signs of infection during the treatment period, the patient should immediately consult a doctor.
- Before starting treatment, a patient should be examined for tuberculosis and other infectious diseases.
- Vaccination is unacceptable during treatment.
Corticosteroids are medications that mimic the action of the hormone cortisol, which is naturally produced in the body by the adrenal glands. Cortisol has an effect on various systems of the body, including the immune system.
This group includes Celeston, Prednisolone, Diprospan, Metipred, etc.
Principle of operation
Corticosteroids lower the level of prostaglandins and disrupt the interaction between certain white blood cells( T and B lymphocytes) involved in the immune response. Due to this, corticosteroids control the inflammatory processes. Medicines are produced in various forms: tablets, medicines, sprays, drops, injections, ointments, etc. They act quickly and are often prescribed to patients suffering from arthritis and related diseases. Compared with NSAIDs, corticosteroids have a more potent anti-inflammatory effect, and these medications are simply irreplaceable in autoimmune diseases, when it is necessary to suppress the body's immune response. However, due to this action the body becomes more vulnerable to infections - this is the main drawback of these funds.
Corticosteroids: important to know
Drugs in this category can be used alone or in combination with other medicines. Remember:
- You can not independently change the dose of corticosteroids, otherwise it can lead to a decrease in the natural hormone cortisol to a dangerous level.
- Dosage reduction should be gradual to allow the adrenal glands to adapt to changes.
- The administration of corticosteroids for a long time in low doses is often prescribed for rheumatoid arthritis, but the doctors' debate about the benefits and side effects of such treatment has not abated until now.
What is better to treat arthritis?
Only a physician can prescribe a suitable preparation, correctly calculate the dosage and draw up a prescription schedule.
The vast variety of medicines to alleviate symptoms and treat arthritis allows you to choose the optimal treatment regimen for each patient, taking into account all the specifics of a particular situation. If one method is not suitable, you can try another one or combine the preparations of different groups. The most important conditions for the successful treatment of ailment are reliable information about the state of the organism( peculiarities of the functioning of certain organs, the presence or absence of diseases), a clearly formulated treatment regimen and the correct dosage of medications.
Anti-inflammatory tablets for jointsThere are many anti-inflammatory drugs for the treatment of joints. Consider what tablets are for the joints, how they affect the body and whether they relieve unpleasant sensations. If there are pains in the joints or ligaments, we must immediately begin treatment.
Joint pain in young people appears from the overload of the musculoskeletal system, with a deficiency of adequate nutrition. For this reason, the interarticular cartilage deforms. In the joints there is a crunch, creak, pain.
You can not tolerate these pains, because the restoration of the destroyed surfaces of bones and joints is a very difficult and time-consuming process. Self-medication can not be done, because the drugs recommended for pain in the joints, and have side effects. Therefore, before using them, a specialist consultation is necessary.
Rules for treatment with nonsteroidal agents in joint diseases
Non-steroid drugs for the management of inflammation in the joints are the main drugs in the treatment of arthritis and osteoarthritis. They relieve the inflammatory process and reduce pain in problem joints. Their feature in comparison with corticosteroids is the absence of hormones and fewer side effects.
When using non-steroidal joints, certain rules must be followed.
- NSAIDs are contraindicated in diseases of the digestive tract, as they negatively affect the mucosa of the intestine and stomach.
- Prolonged courses of NSAIDs adversely affect the liver, kidneys and heart, can disrupt their work and lead to blood pressure jumps.
- Allergic reactions of the body to the intake of NSAIDs are possible, so it is necessary to start treatment with minimal dosages.
- When taking anti-inflammatory drugs, it is necessary to drink plenty of water to reduce the effect on the digestive tract.
- Do not take 2 or 3 non-steroid drugs at once, this will increase the number of adverse reactions of the body.
- NSAIDs can not be used to treat pregnant women and nursing mothers.
- During the course of treatment of NSAIDs it is necessary to refrain from alcoholic beverages, they will strengthen the effect on the digestive tract.
It is inappropriate to use non-steroid drugs only urgently, to relieve pain. For effective therapy, they should be uniformly applied throughout the day. This will ensure a constant concentration of the drug in the blood and reduce the total daily dose of the drug.
List of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
Consider the most commonly used NSAIDs. A group of salicylates. Acetylsalicylic acid - the ancestor of all non-steroid drugs. Its discovery allowed many suffering diseases of the osseous system to return to normal life and not suffer from chronic painful joint pains. A small dose of aspirin reduces the temperature and pains the affected joint, to stop the inflammatory process, the dose increases.
There are also preparations similar to celecoxib, from the coxib group. They equally well relieve pain and affect the inflammatory process. They are used in the form of capsules only for the treatment of adult patients, because the infant formula has not yet been calculated.
Artra tablets and their use
Preparations from the Artra line are chondroprotectors. The composition of the preparation includes two components: chondroitin sulfate and glucosamine hydrochloride. The function of chondroitin is to stimulate the regeneration of interarticulate cartilage and to activate the production of hyaluron and collagen. These substances give elasticity to the connective tissues of the joint. A glucosamine not only affects the regeneration of interarticulate cartilage, but also provides reliable protection against the adverse effects of non-steroidal drugs and corticosteroids. Therefore, the preparation of Arthra is prescribed for the complex treatment of diseases of the bone system.
The most effective use of Arthra tablets at the initial stage of the disease. With progressive diseases of the musculoskeletal system, endoprosthetics of the affected joint are prescribed. Contraindications for the treatment of Arthra tablets are kidney diseases, bronchial asthma, diabetes mellitus, poor blood coagulability, pregnancy and lactation. Taking Arthra is relatively well tolerated by the body, but there are also weak side effects: diarrhea, flatulence, constipation, pain in the abdomen, dizziness, allergies. At such symptoms it is necessary to consult to the doctor about the further reception of Artra-tablets.
The course of treatment with these drugs is long, about 6 months. Take the medicine in the form of tablets or capsules. And at the initial stage, the drug is prescribed twice a day, and after a 3-week course, the pill is taken once a day. In addition to tablets, Artra products are also available in the form of a cream-balm. This kind of curative care for joints is effective in degenerative processes in the knees, feet, shoulders, elbows and hands.
Complex treatment with tablets and Arthra cream provides external and internal nutrition of articular tissues with all necessary substances for reconstitution.
Better disease is prevented than cured. To do this, it is necessary to establish a full-fledged supply of nutrients to their joints. The product Forever Freedom deserves attention. The ideal tool for joints contains shark cartilage, crustacean shell, active sulfur, vitamin C in the composition of the joints. All these active substances in combination with the aloe vera juice are perfectly absorbed by the body, which increases the healing effectiveness of this dietary supplement many times.
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for arthrosis
Joint diseases have haunted humanity and its causes are numerous. This is the very structure of the human skeleton associated with walking, and hereditary diseases, age-related changes, trauma, the consequences of inflammatory phenomena and complications after operations. In our time, this list was added to the metabolic disorders due to improper and excessive nutrition, physical activity or lack of them, a constant stay in an uncomfortable position, typical for sedentary work, so common now. Diseases of the joints cause a lot of serious problems to a person, ranging from persistent pain and ending with limited mobility. Treatment of arthrosis of the joints is long and complex, without fail requires a visit to the doctor. Prescribing drugs arbitrarily or on the advice of friends, not doctors, can seriously aggravate the problem and cause significant complications of the disease itself joints and other organs of the body.
Numerous drugs are used to treat such diseases, some of the most popular and common are non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for arthrosis. What are NSAIDs?
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs( NSAIDs) are a group of drugs of non-hormonal origin, designed to reduce and eliminate inflammatory processes occurring in joints affected by arthrosis. An important component of the action of such drugs is a pronounced reduction in soreness in the joint, which is very important for patients who are deprived of the opportunity to fully live, work and move.
Since NSAIDs do not contain hormones, they have a more mild effect on the body as a whole and do not have such a large list of contraindications and side effects. Nevertheless, these drugs are also not completely harmless and should be prescribed exclusively by the attending physician for each particular patient according to the indications.
Contraindications when taking non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
Like most drugs, NSAIDs have a number of contraindications. Observance of recommendations on the reception of these funds will help to avoid unpleasant consequences and protect against possible complications during the course of the disease.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs should not be taken uncontrolled for a long time. Accumulation of these substances in the body, especially those with chronic diseases of the cardiovascular system and the gastrointestinal tract, can lead to their exacerbation.
- Acute and chronic diseases of the mucous membranes of the digestive tract, such as gastritis, peptic ulcer and duodenal ulcer and many others, are an absolute contraindication to the use of NSAIDs. They can cause irritation of the mucosa and significantly worsen the patient's condition.
- Another contraindication is kidney and liver disease. Due to their specific effects, NSAIDs cause fluid and salt retention in the body, which is very dangerous in patients with kidney and liver. The use of these drugs for such patients can cause a sharp increase in blood pressure, as well as the failure of the kidneys and liver.
- NSAIDs can not be taken by pregnant or nursing mothers. If their appointment is vitally important, then their choice and reception takes place under the constant supervision of the doctor.
- Allergies to these drugs and individual sensitivity to individual components are indications for refusing to use non-steroid drugs.
Most Common Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs for Arthrosis
All NSAIDs are two types of cyclooxygenase inhibitors. Among the most famous are:
- Aspirin. One of the most famous and long-used drugs, which is used for various diseases. It is usually prescribed at the initial stages of the disease for the removal of painful phenomena. Take care with people with gastrointestinal diseases and cardiovascular system.
- Diclofenac and its numerous synonyms. Has a pronounced anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving effect. Produced in tablets and in the form of ointments.
- Ibuprofen and synonyms. Relieves pain and reduces inflammation in the joints. Not bad is tolerated by the body.
- Indomethacin with analogues. One of the strongest means, it relieves pain very well, it is available in the form of tablets, gel, ointments and suppositories. Available at a cost, but has quite a few contraindications.
- Ketoprofen and synonyms. Like the above, it refers to inhibitors of the first type of cyclooxygenase. By action it is similar to Ibuprofen, it is issued in various kinds: tablets, injections, ointments, gel, aerosol, candles and preparations for external use( applications).
- Movalis with numerous trading analogues. Its main active substance - meloxicam - is less toxic to the gastrointestinal tract and is well tolerated by patients, but has a number of contraindications from the cardiovascular system. It also has many forms: candles, tablets, ointment and solution for injections. One-time reception has a long action.
- Celecoxib is a drug with minimal side effects from the digestive and cardiovascular system.
- Nimesulide, like many others, has many trade names from different manufacturers. It is produced in different forms, including in the form of tablets for resorption and granules to create a liquid preparation. Not only does it relieve pain and inflammation, but also protects the joints from further destruction.
- Etorikoksib( Arkoksia).This modern drug is well tolerated and has a positive effect with respect to dosage, but requires monitoring of the state of blood pressure and heart.
Recommendations when taking NSAIDs
- Do not combine several such tools.
- Observe the dosage and instructions of your doctor.
- Take this medication with water only. Juices, tea, coffee and especially milk can distort the action of the product.
- Completely eliminate alcohol during the intake of NSAIDs.
- Do not self-medicate.
Observance of all prescriptions of the doctor and regular correct reception of the appointed or nominated means will quickly bring simplification and essential simplification of a status to the patient an arthrosis.