Spine bone( calcaneus) - Symptoms and treatment with folk remedies at home
Spine bone( calcaneus)
Spreading of calcaneal bone in the form of a wedge or spine in the place of the plantar surface of the tuberosus or at the point where the heel tendon is attached is called the calcaneal spur.
The cause of the disease may be trauma, as well as flat feet. Sometimes the appearance of a calcaneal spur leads to a sharp increase in weight. Contribute to the appearance of spurs sedentary work, gout, various infectious diseases.
Symptoms of spurs.
When attacking the heel, there is a sharp pain. The pain is so strong that many people prefer to walk with a cane or crutches, so as not to step on the heel, or only step on the toe, for fear of painful sensations.
Traditional methods of treating spurs.
In the acute stage, the doctor prescribes analgesic and anti-inflammatory drugs, electrophoresis. After the pain ceases, special insoles with holes in the spur area are recommended. Spurs can be surgically removed.
Non-traditional and popular methods for treating spurs
Home remedies for spurs
Pour 100 g unsalted fresh lard or lard 100 ml of acetic essence, add, breaking, 1 chicken egg together with the shell and insist 21 days in a dark place, occasionally stirring until the mixture turnsin a homogeneous mass. Undoing the heel or sole of the foot, apply a cotton swab with a thin layer of ointment applied to the spur. If burning occurs, stop the procedure and wipe the leg with a dry cloth. This procedure should be repeated for 35 days, tying each time the tampon to the leg with a bandage and putting on a sock.
Grate half the head of garlic and tie it for 3-4 hours to the spur. Repeat the procedure until the pain disappears completely. When burning, stop the procedure.
Cut in half 1 head of onions and pour 1 drop of tar into the middle of each halve. After this half attach to the patient spur place.
With spurs on the legs, cover a heated copper basin with a piece of some cloth, so as not to burn the skin, and stand on it until it cools.
Take potatoes, wash, rub together with peel on a fine grater. Lay the mass on gauze and pribintovat to a sore point, from the top bind polyethylene. Do not remove the bandage for 24 hours. Then change. The course of treatment spurs-1 week. The same way you can get rid of calluses.
To reduce pain when walking, put a piece of aluminum foil on the spur.
Dissolve 1 tablespoon of baking soda and 8-10 drops of iodine in 3 liters of hot( preferably distilled or thawed) water. The water temperature is 37 ° С.Keep your feet in the basin with this water for 10 minutes. After the foot bath, wipe off and diseased spur of the site with a 5% iodine solution overnight.
Mix 50 ml of ammonia and 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil. To apply daily for 30 minutes to a sick heel a tampon, moistened in this mixture.
Dissolve 5 g of mummy in a water bath in 100 g of honey and rub with spurs for the night.
Herbs and fees for the treatment of spurs
Bind to the spur a fresh leaf of May burdock, or a leaf of plantain, or a leaf of mother-and-stepmother.
Drink as often as possible and more infusion of cranberry leaves.
Pour the flowers of white acacia with vodka in a ratio of 1: 3.Insist and lubricate the spurs.
Pour the roots of sabelnik marsh vodka in a ratio of 1: 3.Insist and take 2 tablespoons 3 times a day.
Fill a cleanly washed bottle of 3/4 volume with red elderberry berries, top up the alcohol and press for 1 week. Strain and moisten with a tincture a sore spot. You can make warming compresses with the same tincture.
Comments of the doctor to folk remedies for spurs
Treatment of spurs is usually of a conservative nature and depends on the reason that caused this pathological phenomenon. It is necessary to carry out activities that are aimed at removing the inflammatory composition. In an acute period, bed rest is necessary, immobilization with a gypsum langet for about two weeks and antibiotic therapy. One of the most basic and important conditions for a positive result of treatment of this disease will be to ensure maximum unloading of the place in which there are painful sensations. To do this, with a sole heel spur, you need to use personal orthopedic insoles with a special laying of the inner and outer longitudinal arches of the foot, with a deepening and soft lining under the heel bone. As a temporary measure for unloading, you can use a special thrust bearing made of thick foam that will have a recess or hole in the center. The most complete and effective is unloading with special orthopedic shoes with a groove in the place where the heel is located. With the rear spur, the groove in the shoes is made in the back. As a temporary measure, you can recommend patients shoes without a back.
In a complex of conservative treatment, it is also necessary to include warm foot baths( preferably using sea salt, soda and soap), therapeutic gymnastics and foot and shin muscles massage, which are aimed at improving blood circulation, but without injuring the painful heel area;Physiotherapeutic procedures( ozokeritoparaffinous applications, hydrocortisone phonophoresis, electrophoresis of potassium iodide or novocaine).If such treatment does not bring relief, then in the treatment complex it is necessary to include repeated courses of laser therapy.
In case of severe pain syndrome and in the absence of the effect of the therapy, X-ray therapy is used. It is carried out by the method of small total doses. It must be remembered that the therapeutic effect with conservative therapy of heel spurs usually does not come immediately. The courses should be repeated several times at intervals of two to three months.
If conservative treatment is unsuccessful, surgical treatment can be performed, but the indications for such intervention are very relative. In the operation, remove the heel spur. After surgery, the limb should be fixed with a plaster bandage for about one month. After removing the gypsum, orthopedic insoles with arched vaults are prescribed and restorative treatment is carried out: baths, therapeutic physical training, foot and shin muscles massage, physiotherapy if necessary. With persistent and targeted conservative treatment combined with unloading of painful sites, the prognosis of this disease is satisfactory. And although under the influence of this treatment the bone spur itself does not decrease and does not disappear, the pain syndrome is eliminated.
Prevention of this disease should be aimed at preventing early aging of the bones and joints of the foot: active motor system, exercise, hardening of the body. It should avoid overloads of feet, prevent the development and progression of flatfoot.
From recipes given in the article you can use those( in addition to the main treatment), the components of which have anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial actions, these are recipes using garlic, onion, burdock, plantain, coltsfoot, white acacia, marshworm,cowberry, elderberry, baths with soda and iodine, heating( not necessarily with a copper basin) are also useful. The rest of the recipes will not bring a positive effect.
xn ---- jtbaaldsgaoflxr4fyc.xn - p1ai
Spur on heel than to heal: at home, testimonials
Warmings as a method for treating heel spurs
At home, you can do the following warming up procedures:
- Kilogram of table salt mix with five liters of boiling water. When it boils, cool a little and steam into the resulting foot solution. The course of treatment with such trays is 10 days. Prepared salt solution simply warm up and a pair of legs. The pain will subside already on the fourth procedure, but the treatment course is important to do until the end;
- Similarly, you can soar your feet in warmed milk whey;
- Preheat alcohol over low heat. Put your feet in it, steam them for 15 minutes. After the procedure, do not wipe your feet, but simply put on socks. If after five such procedures there are no improvements, change the method of treatment.
Compresses as a method for treating the calcaneal spur
To treat spurs on the heels can be done with the help of such compresses:
- Grated garlic is applied to the heel. Wrap it with cellophane and fix it with a warm cloth. After three hours, remove the compress. If the heel is very hot during the procedure, remove the garlic and wipe the skin;
- Mix in equal proportions crushed garlic with chopped chalk. Undoing the foot in the foot bath, attach the product to the foot. Top with cellophane and warm cloth. Several sessions of such a compress will help to ease pain in the heels;
- Leaf the cabbage with honey and attach it to the heel. In the morning, rinse the compress with warm water. Duration of treatment - three days;
- In the same proportion, mix sea salt with honey. For the whole night, make a compress, and in the morning, wash it off with water;
- Make a cake of flour and honey. Undo the heel and attach the product to it. Over wrap the bag and put on a warm sock. The compress is done all night. For complete recovery, you need to do ten such procedures;
- Mix 100 grams of lard or lard with acetic essence( 100 milliliters), a chicken egg with a shell. Insist you need three weeks in a dark place. From time to time, the agent must be mixed. Add the finished medicine to the steamed patient foot with a cotton swab. The course of treatment is one month. When carrying out such a compress on top you need to wear warm socks;
- Mix hot boiled potatoes in a uniform with kerosene( 5 grams).Lay out the product on the bag, pribintuyte it to the heel with a spur. Top your socks. Duration of treatment - no more than 12 procedures. After three sessions the pain will begin to subside;
- Mix bile( 40 grams) with vodka( 20 grams) and shredded laundry soap( 5 grams).Before going to bed, steaming your feet, attach the resulting product to the heel with a spur and fix it with a bandage. Thanks to such a compressor, after the first session, the first results will be visible. A couple of procedures will be followed by painful sensations;
- Put the raw grated potatoes together with the skin on the bandage, and reattach it to the diseased heel. Secure the compress with polyethylene. After 24 hours, remove it. To make such a tool work, you need to do about eight such procedures;
- Pour a couple of crushed aspirin tablets with an iodine ampoule. With the resulting mixture, treat the heels, put on warm socks and go to bed. Such a compress should be done two times with breaks in one week;
- Black radish together with peel grate. Apply the resulting mass to the heel and fix with a bandage. This compress is done at night. In the morning, you need to take off and do your own business.
Massage as a method of treating the calcaneal spur
Treatment of spurs at home can be done with the help of a massage effect on the feet. There are such types of home massage:
- Heat a kilogram of large salt and pour it on a flat floor. Stand with your bare feet on hot salt and walk along it for 15 minutes. Such a folk remedy will help to cope with the spur in just a couple of such procedures;
- Sitting in a chair, and placing on the floor an old washing board, follow it with stops. It is necessary to rub the feet intensely on the board, focusing on the heels. The duration of one procedure is 10 minutes. Massage the feet should be done twice a day until the spurs completely disappear in the heels;
- Boil until cooked a three-liter pot of small potatoes along with the peel. After pouring it into the basin, start kicking with your feet until it cools down. Wipe the heels, draw on them an iodine grid and put on socks. Duration of treatment is 1 week. That this method of treatment was more effective, during the cooking of potatoes it should be strongly salted.
Recipes of remedies that will also help cure the heel spike :
- Fresh sheet of plantain tape with a bandage to the injured heel. Remove the leaves when they dry. Duration of treatment is 14 days. The plant excellently pulls salt, so that painful sensations in the heels are removed;
- Undress your legs, tread on the freshly harvested nettles for half an hour. After five such procedures, do not even remember the spur;
- Such a medicine will help to cope with the spurs in the heels instantly. Mix six bags of magnesia with a liter of water and heat it to 60 degrees. Steam the legs in the bath 10 minutes. Then to the heels attach a compress of liquid valerian and put on terry socks. Duration of treatment - 10 procedures;
- After pouring a little ground red pepper into your toes, you have to walk this way throughout the day. Daily wearing of socks with pepper for two weeks will save spurs on the heels;
- Pour vodka( 200 grams) pounded pine nuts( 20 grams).Let it infuse for at least ten days in a dark place. Drink tincture of 10 grams before eating three times a day. A couple of days from the spurs there will be no trace.
How to treat the disease calcaneal spine
Despite the fact that science and technological progress have given the opportunity to cure many diseases, there are diseases in front of which the modern medicine is powerless - heel spurs apply to them. In this disease, the patient develops a severe and progressive inflammation of the tendons of the muscles, which are located on the foot, so any attempt to load on the affected area causes severe pain. A person experiences immense suffering when walking, loses the opportunity to perform the usual amount of loads.
- 1.2.6 Surgical treatment
Heel spur - causes of development of
It is proved that the most common problem is calcaneal spur, occurs in patients who suffered from flat feet for a long time. In this condition, the spatial configuration of the foot is disturbed, the load on its elements changes - as a result of this the tendons become excessively stretched. There is inflammation in the connective tissue that connects the muscle fibers to the bone, and with the progression of the changes, the periosteum of the calcaneus is inflamed.
In addition, the development of the calcaneal spur is possible in patients who previously suffered:
- acute and chronic lesions and trauma to the foot and heel area;
- metabolic arthritis( gout and pseudogout);
- acute and chronic circulatory disorders in the tissues of the lower limb;
- chronic arthritis - rheumatoid arthritis, Bechterew's disease.
The main problem of this disease is the attempt of patients to self-medicate - the international means, which are invented a huge amount, are effective only at the initial stage of inflammation. Treatment of the calcaneal spur is medically started late - only in the case when the patient loses the ability to move independently, but when used alone, its effectiveness is also inadequate. That is why when a calcaneal spur is detected, a long-term course of complex therapy is required, in which multidirectional techniques that affect the disease as a whole will be combined.
Manifestations of the disease
In the case when the patient develops calcaneal spurs, the methods of treatment should be directed at the relief of the symptoms of periostitis, in the course of development of which patients complain of the onset of acute, "starting" pain at the beginning of walking, burning in the calcaneal region, unbearable in an upright position. At the initial stage of the disease, patients very rarely pay attention to their condition, believing that they have bought an uncomfortable pair of shoes - an effective treatment for the heel spur is prescribed very late, and with a neglected pathological process, surgical removal of the heel spur is necessary.
Recipes that are often ineffective
Patients diagnosed with calcaneal spurs should understand that only treatment that is prescribed taking into account the underlying cause of the disease will be effective. Recipes for treatment of the calcaneal spur, especially the recommendations of traditional medicine, often suffer from one-sidedness - only external manifestations of the disease are eliminated, but there is no effect on the cause that triggered the development of periostitis.
Unfortunately, patients are often interested in - I have a heel spur: how to treat the disease not for a doctor-orthopedist or rheumatologist, but for various healers who practice compresses with urine or structured water. The effectiveness of such treatment is very doubtful, besides, precious time is lost, for which it was entirely possible to conduct a full course of non-drug therapy for the calcaneal spur.
How to get rid of the calcaneal spur
Today, doctors recommend
- for heel spurs most often for treatment: iodine - this technique is effective in the early stages of the disease, but patients should be adjusted to the daily execution of a whole set of procedures, which includes the use of specially selected shoes;
- treatment of calcaneal spur with laser or X-ray radiation - the focus is on inflammation of the neodymium or ruby low-frequency laser;
- ultrasound treatment of the calcaneal spur - in this case ultrasound destroys the foci of excessive deposition of salts in the periosteum, tendons and surrounding soft tissues.
Heel spout: folk remedies
Despite the fact that folk remedies for calcaneal spur are still quite in demand today, in the overwhelming majority of cases they bring only temporary relief to the patient. The reason for this is the fact that therapy in this case is appointed without taking into account the underlying cause of the disease - the pain is temporarily reduced, but the changes of the tendon and periosteum remain and even progress. For clarity, it is necessary to compare the effectiveness of traditional medicine and the traditional treatment of the heel spur: medicamentally, you can quickly stop the unpleasant manifestations of the disease and stop its further development, while urinary therapy, compresses with structured water or fasting have not proved their effectiveness, but harmed more than one patient.
Treating the calcaneal spur: medically
When a heel spur treatment is prescribed, a qualified physician recommends drugs that have proven to be analgesic and anti-inflammatory. These include non-steroidal and steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, the duration of treatment in each case is determined individually. Non-steroidal agents may be given orally( with a marked exacerbation of the disease), but local therapy is often sufficient, which should be conducted with sufficiently long courses.
Ointment from the calcaneal spur is rubbed directly into the affected area after a hygienic warm bath - at the beginning of the treatment the chosen drug is applied 3-4 times a day, but as the inflammation subsides, the number of injections is reduced to 1-2 per day. Most often, ointments are prescribed, which include indomethacin, diclofenac, ibuprofen, butadione. Ointments, which contain steroid hormones, the doctor appoints only when long-term treatment with non-steroidal drugs is ineffective.
Much more often steroid drugs are injected as injections at the heel spur - the drug is administered in compliance with the rules of intraarticular injections, and not all patients agree to such treatment. The reason for this is the pronounced painfulness of the procedure, and the need for 3-4 injections.
More often patients agree to use a patch from the heel spur - this popular drug includes painkillers and irritating components. During treatment, the patch should be applied to the biologically active points associated with the zone of inflammation on the foot, but may cause irritation or local allergic reactions.
Orthopedic treatment of calcaneal spur
Numerous studies have shown that the process of treating the heel spur must necessarily use orthopedic correction. Of great importance is the footwear with a calcaneal spur - it must prevent the progression of flat feet, it is good to support the arch of the foot and to remove the load from the heel zone. It is advisable to use individual insoles - the calcaneal spur in this case disappears very quickly.
Treatment of calcaneal spur with X-ray
In those cases when all other methods of treatment did not bring the desired relief, X-ray therapy of the heel spur is prescribed. Widespread introduction of this method of treatment is hampered by the need for the use of special equipment and the frequent occurrence of undesirable side effects( even if a qualified doctor prescribes X-ray therapy).
Surgical treatment is very rarely prescribed in cases where heel spurs are diagnosed - the operation only temporarily removes the growth of bone tissue, but does not affect the cause of the disease, so relapses are very frequent.
- About the author
- The last articles
How to treat a heel spur?
The heel spur is the deposition of calcium salts on the lower part of the calcaneus. The growth can reach up to 3 cm in length, but can only be discerned on an X-ray.
The process of spur formation takes several months and often passes painlessly. In combination with plantar fasciitis( inflammation of the connective tissue that extends to the base of the fingers), the built-up edge can cause severe pain.
Injuries of muscles and ligaments, stretching of the plantar fascia, repeated ruptures of membranes covering the calcaneus provoke the growth of the calcaneal spur. The causes are combined with factors that increase the risk of the disease:
- Various gait disorders that cause stress of bones, ligaments and nerves in the heel, including flat feet.
- Jumping and running on hard surfaces.
- Rigid and narrow shoes without an instep.
- Overweight, obesity and diabetes.
The probability of fasciitis increases with age, when the flexibility of the fascia is lost, fatty tissues dissolve, which play the role of shock absorbers. Athletes and people spending most of the day on their feet are prone to problems with the heel. Frequent and short bursts of intense physical activity, a high internal arch of the foot also cause a propensity for the appearance of a defect. Women are more predisposed to fasciitis because they injure their feet with uncomfortable high-heeled shoes. The weakness of the ligamentous apparatus due to hormonal influences affects the risk of developing the disease.
How do I recognize a spur?
Pain is not always a sign of the calcaneal spur. Symptoms can be associated with temporary or permanent discomfort after walking, running and pointing to the inflammatory process, the treatment of which is the first step. Bony overgrowth is capable of injuring soft tissues, which provokes unpleasant sensations. However, many people experience a feeling of a needle in the heel, especially in the mornings when trying to stand on the affected leg. Over time, the pain becomes dull, but returns after a long sitting.
Basic therapy of fasciitis
Pain in the heel for a month is an occasion to think about a calcaneal spur and to look for a doctor who treats it. You need to contact an orthopedist who will carry out the diagnosis, will tell you how to get rid of the disease, choosing the appropriate method of treatment from the following options:
- Exercises to stretch the calf muscles are needed to restore normal foot biomechanics. Performing them 5-6 times a day, you can alleviate the pain: - Put one leg with a heel on the step( another elevation), tilt the body forward and reach out to the toe. The shin of a foot standing on the floor will receive a stretch. - Get up to the wall, take one leg forward, tilt the body and rest against the wall with your elbows.
- Recommendations for choosing shoes: heel 2-4 centimeters, wide sock, tight fit on the leg. This will balance the load on the bunch.
- Orthopedic insoles for a calcaneal spur are prescribed exclusively by the orthopedist, choosing the size, thickness, material. The weight of the patient, the stage of development of the disease, the severity of the symptoms are taken into account. Anesthesia, protection against trauma - the main purpose of the liner, which must be periodically changed. Insoles become a "corset" that supports the anatomical position of the foot in a state of rest and movement, accelerates blood supply and develops muscles.
- Podpyatnik - shortened version of the insole with a spur for raising the heel and unloading the fascia. The doctor chooses latex, cork or helium products, depending on the severity of the inflammation. The podpjatochnik serves for a long time, but it must be washed after use.
- Night tires fixing the ankle in the stretched state, lead to recovery in 80% of cases throughout the year. They well protect against a strong morning pain.
Preparations against plantar fasciitis
Treatment with medications can reduce inflammation and chronic soreness that interferes with walking, but do not relieve morning pain as they do not eliminate the cause - trauma. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs reduce the aching and pulling sensations in the foot at night and during an active day.
When choosing what to treat a heel spur, do not consult in the pharmacy - it is better to consult a specialist. Medicamentally, you can temporarily take off the discomfort. Similarly, steroid drugs( hydrocortisone, diprospan) are administered, which are injected into the affected area. Sometimes medicinal therapy is combined with ultrasound, using sonophoresis, or electrophoresis - the action of a low direct current.
Physiotherapy is the second main direction of
therapy. This group has combined many modern methods that allow to avoid surgery and really represent an effective treatment of heel spurs:
- Ultrasound effect is a complex, based on warming and microvibration. Reduced inflammation, pain, accelerated healing of microtraumas, edema is removed and blood flow is stimulated. The ultrasonic technique is useful at the stage of exacerbation.
- Shockwave therapy directs deep into the tissue acoustic waves, where on the borders of muscles, joints and bones causes vibrations, stimulating the activity of cells and the formation of vessels. Update, healing should be after several sessions.
- Laser therapy speeds up metabolic mechanisms in tissues with a warm beam, initiates regeneration, relieves inflammation. Sessions should be visited until the symptoms disappear completely.
- X-ray spinal X-ray therapy works in low doses from the sole, back, or Achilles tendon - the direction is determined by the attending physician. The course of treatment is 3-4 weeks, and in case of relapse, repeated sessions are prescribed.
Surgical treatment of plantar fasciitis
More than 90% of patients are cured using conservative approaches. However, after 9-12 months of unsuccessful attempts at treatment, surgical methods are used. In recent years, they have been significantly improved and avoid complications.
The removal of the calcaneal spur through a large incision refers to an outdated technique, as it turned out that the process itself is not a source of inflammation and pain. A newer method is considered plantar fasciosis - weakening of the fascia of the foot to eliminate the disease. The severity of the process directly determines the amount of intervention. Therefore, before the operation, a comprehensive examination is conducted in order to determine how to treat the spur surgically. The surgeon cuts( partially or completely) the fascia and removes the affected tissue.
Complete fasciosis is fraught with many complications: disabilities of gait, disability. Compliance with postoperative recommendations is mandatory. The leg needs rest, cold compresses, bandages, tires, wearing postoperative shoes and crutches. The operation increases the risk of numbness of the heel, seizures, stress fractures.
Is it possible to cure a disease without dangerous procedures? Yes. Radiofrequency micrototomy excludes large-scale interference in the structure of the foot. High-frequency electromagnetic waves cauterize the affected areas and nerve endings, blocking painful impulses.
Treatment of the disease: the search for alternatives
- Bile medical came from rheumatology, where he treated the inflamed joints after trauma. Its effectiveness with a calcaneal spur is exaggerated, because the tissue state does not change and the fasciitis calms down for a while.
- Ointments, both anti-inflammatory and with the use of folk recipes, can alleviate pain with mild disease. In severe cases, "poultices" will be ineffective without physiotherapy and influence on the biomechanics of the foot.
- A patch is a more comfortable alternative to ointments and injections to stop the inflammatory focus and pain symptoms. A two-week course helps to remove the acute process, but does not cure fasciitis.
- The vibroacoustic device of the vitaafon provides treatment for the heel spur, improving blood flow, cell renewal. Home use of the device is a plus as an additional tool.
- A diet with a calcaneal spur helps the body cope with the cause of the disorder. It is necessary to drink more water, to refuse sharp, salty, flour and meat food. Food is based on the prevalence of vegetables and fruits, fatty dairy products.
- Massage is aimed at kneading tissues, facilitating edema. Pressing with the thumb, can be accompanied by a crunch. Ten sessions are enough to calm the pain.
Prevention of calcaneal spur - the best treatment for
Foot care includes many activities related to maintaining the muscular and ligamentous apparatus in a working condition. To prevent plantar fasciitis, it is necessary to protect the foot well from bumps, injuries, overstrain, namely:
- With flat feet, buy quality, well-lightening shoes with a hard back and orthopedic insoles.
- Wear for sports and walking shoes with shock absorbing soles.
- Choose special shoes that match the needs of the sport.
- It's good to warm up and stretch before each workout.
- Refuse from shoes with a heavily worn out sole or heel.
- Reset excess weight and stay physically active.
Attentive attitude to the joints, spine and muscles is a guarantee of healthy and mobile old age. Timely access to a doctor at the first sign of illness - saves from long treatment and costs.