Prescriptions for the treatment of gout with folk remedies
The joint is destroyed from the destructive effect of uric acid crystals
When gout, doctors primarily prescribe medicines, diet, feasible physical exertion, and other methods of treatment. Folk remedies for gout have fewer contraindications and side effects than medications. Therefore, many doctors additionally recommend the treatment of gout with folk remedies. This is quite reasonable, since natural natural substances are sometimes no less effective than synthesized.
Why it is so important not to start the disease
People suffering from this severe disease complain of intolerable joint pain. Why do they arise? Gout gets a boost for development, as soon as the exchange of purine substances is disrupted. Because of this failure, salts of uric acid cease to be actively excreted, and some of them are gradually deposited in the kidneys, cartilages, joints.
Gradually develops gouty arthritis. With time, deposits of uric acid salts increase, and as a result of the inflammatory process, cone-like growths( tophi) can form. Most often they occur on the hands and feet. By the way, it's not for nothing that "gout" from Ancient Greek is translated as "trap for feet".
The arthritic joint is deformed more and more, and if the disease is not seriously treated, the joint bag can completely collapse. And this is already very neglected arthritis, getting rid of which is extremely difficult, and it is better not to bring the joint to a catastrophic state. How to treat this complication? The only way out is a surgical operation for the implantation of an artificial joint.
Periods of remission often alternate with periods of exacerbation. This is the difference between gout: its symptoms are weakened, then intensified. The agonizing condition lasts about a week. Treatment is extremely necessary, otherwise attacks will appear more often. And each subsequent will be stronger than the previous one.
The disease progresses rapidly and affects healthy joints.
Gouty arthritis is an insidious disease. It brings not only pains that dramatically worsen the patient's quality of life, but can also lead to immobility. If the disease is severe, disability is inevitable.
How to cure gout? Alas, completely it is almost impossible. But weaken the painful symptoms of treatment can. True, this requires a lot of strength, patience and time, because gouty arthritis - a serious chronic disease. It is important to slow the progression of the disease and improve the patient's condition, and this can be helped by folk remedies.
Tips for Alternative Medicine
Compresses from gout
Hardly begins to play out gout, treatment with folk remedies will provide effective help. Compresses help to reduce articular pain. Usually they are made at night. The compress is fixed on the leg or arm and warmed with a sock, mitten or scarf. Treatment with folk remedies, as a rule, is long.
- Recipe No. 1. Mix 1 tbsp.spoon of table salt with 1 tbsp.spoon of honey, apply the mixture on a gauze napkin to a sore spot. The course of treatment is a minimum of 10-15 procedures. These ingredients can be alternated with 2-3 tbsp.spoons of red clay and 2 tbsp.spoons of wine vinegar.
- Recipe No. 2. Grind 3 garlic heads to a pulp condition, pour 0.5 l of 9% vinegar table, insist for 2 weeks, shake the container periodically, filter. Wet this bandage with a tincture and apply it to the arthritic joint.
- Recipe No. 3. To make 2 kg of any raw fish, divide the fillets into 10 parts and place them in separate freezers into the freezer. Before going to bed, defrost the fish, put it on a gouty joint, cover it with a piece of polyethylene, fix it with a bandage and warm it, putting on socks or mittens. In the morning remove the fillet, and wash the patient's joint with soap. Carry out this treatment for gout 10 days.
Hand and foot baths
- Recipe № 4. In the arsenal of folk remedies for gout are popular and therapeutic baths. Prepare a decoction of chamomile: 50 g of dry grass with flowers pour 5 liters of hot water, bring to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Then dissolve 100 g of common salt, strain. After the procedure, the arthritic joint should be wiped dry and insulated. Conduct treatment for gout should be at least 1 month.
- Recipe No. 5. Pour 50 grams of dry herb sage 1.5 liters of hot water, boil for 10 minutes, strain, add 1.5 liters of warm water to a comfortable temperature. Pour 2 l of this broth in the tub and steam the sick joints for at least 30 minutes, periodically pouring hot broth. The duration of gout treatment is at least 1 month.
- Recipe № 6. Pour 2-3 liters of warm water into the tub, dissolve in it 3-4 tea spoons of drinking soda, add 10-12 drops of alcohol solution of iodine, stir. Keep sick hands or feet in the bath for 4-5 minutes. Treatment for 10 days.
- Recipe number 7. In folk remedies for gout healers include and urinotherapy: they recommend daily soar inflamed joints in warmed urine.
Ointments, rubbers, pastes
- Prescription No. 8. The remedies for treating gout are also effective in the form of various flavors. Grind tablets of chemically activated charcoal to get about 1/2 cup powder, add 1 tbsp. Spoon the crushed seed of flax, pour a little water and thoroughly mix. At night, rub this paste into the arthritic joint, then cover it with a piece of polyethylene and fix it with a warm cloth.
- Recipe No. 9. This popular method of treating gout includes a mixture of pharmacy iodine tincture and aspirin. In 10 ml of tincture, dissolve 5 powdered aspirin tablets. Form a liquid to grease or rub on the night gouty joint, and then necessarily insulate it.
Infusions, decoctions, tinctures
- Recipe number 10. When treating gout, it is recommended to drink more infusion of alternatives. Brew dry grass like tea, only not with boiling water, but with very hot water. The amount of raw material is taken to make the drink golden and pleasant to the taste. Drink it in moderately hot form.
- Recipe No. 11. Pour 2 teaspoons of chopped dry grass of horsetail with 1 glass of boiling water. Infuse, warmly wrapped, 2 hours, filtered. Folk remedies for gout should be taken in strictly individual dosages, which must be agreed with the doctor.
- Recipe No. 12. Another popular remedy for gout consists of a saber and vodka.250 g of crushed dry root sabelnik pour 0.5 liters of vodka, insist in a dark place for 3 weeks, shaking the container from time to time.
- Recipe No 13. A decoction of cranberries is very effective.2 tbsp. Spoon the fruit with 250 ml of boiling water, boil for 12-15 minutes. Drink in divided portions throughout the day. Every morning, you should prepare a fresh decoction. The course of treatment for gout is at least 1 month.
- Recipe No. 14. Grind 250 grams of garlic, pour the resulting slurry 0.5 liters of alcohol or vodka, infuse for 10 days in the open sun, shaking the contents from time to time, filter. Take tincture in the morning on an empty stomach, washing down with milk.
- Recipe No. 15. Onion broth: 2-3 medium bulbs( with husk) pour 1 l of water and cook until they completely boil, then filter. Chilled broth is drunk half an hour before meals. Onion broth are treated for a long time, courses for 12-14 days with weekly interruptions.
- Recipe № 16. Pour 1 tbsp.spoon of crushed dry fruits of black elderberry 1 cup of boiling water, insist 30 minutes, strain. Drink should be refrigerated. Infusion has a diuretic and disinfectant effect, improves metabolism.
- Recipe № 17. Slice 3 apples of medium size, pour 1 l of water, boil 10-12 minutes, insist, wrapped well, 3-4 hours, then filter. Drink in a warm form as a tea. Option: brewing ordinary tea, you can throw in the teapot pieces of apples.
With diligent treatment, a stubborn gout is stopped, and the folk remedies are very effective. It is important to choose only such recipes that will be most effective for you. But folk methods of curing this disease can be effective only with proper nutrition.
Ration: what can not and what should be eaten with a gout
This can not be eaten!
Compliance with the rules of therapeutic nutrition significantly increases the therapeutic effect. There are even known cases when strict strict diet alone has significantly improved the quality of life of patients. This is due to the fact that dietary intake restricts the intake of purine substances, and their level in the body decreases.
In the treatment of gout, diet No. 6 is used. Its basic principles are simple:
- should be given priority to low-calorie foods;
- should be eaten regularly and fractional, 4-5 times a day;
- it is important to drink plenty of fluids, about 3 liters with gout exacerbations and 1.5-2 liters during remission;
- to get rid of extra pounds should be gradually, dropping no more than 1-2 kg per month;
- categorically can neither overeat, nor starve.
There is an opinion that with exacerbations of this disease it is useful to starve. This is fundamentally wrong. Any hunger diet, though for weight loss, even for the purification of the body, with gout is categorically contraindicated. The patient's condition will only worsen!
So, how do you create a curative menu? It is necessary to give up food, in which there are many purine compounds. These are such food products and dishes as:
- meat, fish and mushroom first dishes;
- meat and fish of fatty varieties, by-products, sausages, animal fats;
- any canned food, pickles, smoked products;
- beans, mushrooms, sorrel, cauliflower, spinach;
- fatty, sharp, salty cheeses;
- chocolate, cocoa;
- alcohol( primarily beer and wine), strong coffee and tea: they exacerbate joint pain;
- spices, spices( except vinegar and bay leaves).
Eliminate salt from the
diet What does the diet limit? Strictly - consumption of table salt. Meat, fish can and should be, as it is a source of proteins. But only lean, not more than 300 grams per week and only in boiled, stewed or baked form.
Treatment of gout does not allow any fried second courses! From time to time, you can include in the diet boiled chicken eggs. In reasonable quantities, you need to eat bread, boiled potatoes, pasta.
You also need to consume more foods that activate the excretion of uric acid from the blood and prevent the deposition of its salts in the tissues. Treatment of gout at home should be done, including light vegetable and milk soups, various cereals, dairy products, fresh vegetables, especially eggplants, cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes( limited), as well as garlic, walnuts, hazelnuts.
Of fruits, apples and citrus fruits are most useful: they reduce articular pain. Good and juices, but only freshly squeezed. Regularly drink alkaline mineral water: it speeds up the removal of purines from the body.
It is proved that the diet significantly facilitates the course of gout. Therefore, strict compliance with it is necessary in the complex treatment of this insidious disease.
Treatment of gout with folk remedies
Gout is one of the few dangerous heterogeneous diseases. It is considered quite common among the prevailing majority of older people. Previously, only men suffered from this disease, for today gout is often manifested in women.
The clinical picture mainly consists in the incorrect inference of the appearance of peculiar salt growths on the bones. Externally, such outgrowths look like acute arthritis. Gout is well treated even at home. Patients do not need to go to hospital to get rid of this problem.
4 interesting folk medicine prescriptions
In some cases, in the bladder, discomfort or even burning sensation may occur. This is due to the fact that the salt dissolves in the body and irritates the mucous membranes. To be frightened of it it is not necessary.
Recipe # 1. Healing decoction of chamomile will perfectly soothe the gout-affected limbs. Flowers should be poured with water mixed with salt( ratio 100 grams / 10 liters / 20 grams).After the solution is infused, make a bath.
The roots of the madder are red. One teaspoon of these roots should be poured a glass of boiling water and let it brew, and it is better to boil on a water bath for 10 minutes. Take infusion in the morning and evening in half a cup.
External tool .You need to begin to mix 3 bottles of pharmacy tincture valerian with a bottle of triple cologne and leave to bed for the night. Now this mixture must be lubricated at night for sore spots, that is, protruding bones, with the help of cotton wool. Top with polyethylene and tie-than something warm. In a few days the joint will begin to twist, the skin will become white, the itch may begin.
Salt Compression. Pour into the pan 500 grams of iodized salt, pour it a little with water and boil until the water evaporates. When the water comes out, you should add 200 grams of Vaseline or chicken fat, mix everything and make a compress from it for the night. It is better to put the solution on woolen cloth, and fix it with a bandage. But, in addition to the external application of the ointment, it was still necessary to drink a decoction of linden.
Fish compresses from gout. It is necessary to take 2 kg of fish scraps, separate the meat from the ridge, throw the ridge itself. All meat is divided into 10 parts, folded into kuljochki and put in the freezer. Before going to bed, one cup should be thawed. To put on a bag with fish on the leg, to put on warm socks. The next morning, wash your feet, and throw the fish or give it to the cat. In 10 days the pain will stop.
Cold and fever. This method was developed in Japan by a doctor who first decided to use cold and heat for joints. You need to prepare 2 vessels in advance. In one pour cold water with ice, and in the other place the grains of any cereal and pour them with boiling water. As a result, the grains should be steamed and left hot enough that the joint can be lowered into them. Now lower the diseased joint first into a vessel of cold water for 3-5 seconds, and then immediately into a vessel with grains. If the joints on the arms ache, stretch the grains with your hands, this procedure gives a lot of pleasure. After that, you must tie a hand or another sick joint with a woolen shawl to warm up the joints. So do it every day for two to three months. Treatment is long, but effective.
Salo. Buy ordinary fat and cut it so that you can put on each finger a small piece of fat. And now, each piece of rubbed into the skin until these pieces are not very small. After this procedure, the used pieces of fat should be discarded. And if you are tormented by constant pain, then apply pieces of fat to the sore spots for the night, fixing with a bandage. The next morning you will get a noticeable improvement. It is also recommended to consume wheat porridge and butter for a week. It will help get rid of the salts in the joints. And after the first week you can switch to milk porridge.
Ointment from butter. You need to take home unsalted butter and the same amount of alcohol. The oil begins to warm up before the appearance of foam, after turning off the gas and pour oil with alcohol. Carefully need to set fire to alcohol, and when alcohol burns, the ointment will be ready. Fold it in a jar and store it in the refrigerator. Utensils can be used by anyone who does not mind, for example, an old frying pan. Rub the ointment in a warm place, for example, next to the stove or fireplace, it is not necessary to wrap it. Rub until the pain passes. Iodine baths. You can also make foot baths in the evenings from the build-up on the bones. In 3 liters of water, add 9 drops of iodine solution and 3 teaspoons of baking soda. The result will not take long. After 10 nights there will be a result. Onion soup. Wash 2-3 bulbs and fill with a liter of water. Cook with the husk until the onion is boiled. You should take a glass of this broth 3 times a day before meals. The course of treatment of gout is 10-15 days.Mustard against gout. To prepare the paste from mustard, take 1 tsp.honey, mustard powder and ordinary drinking soda. Components carefully mixed, the resulting mixture is applied to the affected joints, which were previously steamed. At the top of the limb, wrap any plastic wrap and fix it with bandages. Such an unusual compress should remain on the skin throughout the night. The full course of treatment should be at least two weeks of daily procedures.
Recipe No.2 .Ordinary fir cones will help to cleanse the joints remarkably. For this unopened cone with seeds pour 1.5 cups of hot boiled water and leave overnight. The broth should be taken 3 times a day for 30 minutes before eating. The procedure should be repeated until complete recovery.
Recipe No.3 .It is also recommended that the joints be cleansed with a bay leaf.5 grams of bay leaves should be filled with 1.5 glasses of water and boiled for at least 5 minutes. The dishes should not be covered with a lid, because the leaves contain essential oils that adversely affect the kidneys during gout. The resulting broth is removed from the plate, wrapped in a towel and left for at least 3 hours. After insisting, the formula should be drunk within 24 hours.
Recipe No.4 .Boiled rice also has a beneficial effect on the cleansing of joints.2 tablespoonsrice should be washed with water several times, then pour into a half-liter jar, pour water and leave overnight. In the morning, rinse again and cook. After boiling, remove from heat, rinse again and bring to a boil again. This procedure is repeated 4 times. When done, the rice is washed for the last time and is eaten without salt and oil. After taking this "medicine" you can not drink or eat four hours. In the evening, repeat the procedure. So it should be done within 45 days. Due to prolonged washing, starch disappears from the grains. And with repeated boiling formed cells. Due to this, rice does not settle in the stomach, but quickly passes into the duodenum. There, cells are taken for work and take away the slag, thus purifying the entire body.
Black radish juice for dissolving stones and removing salts
Juice from black radish is one of the most powerful juices for removing salts from joints( including crushing stones in the kidneys and other organs) and strengthening the vessels.
Only freshly squeezed black radish juice is used. Prim begin with 1 teaspoon, an hour after eating( can be planted with any other juice for your taste).Each time we increase the dosage, first we bring up to 1 tablespoon of juice, and then up to 0.5 glasses, consumed at a time. This is necessary in order not to harm your body, at the same time to check whether there will be side effects, especially pain in the region of the liver on the right. If the pain appears, then reduce the dosage, or generally take a break.
During this treatment should be abandoned from acidic and acute products. The course of treatment continues until until at least 3 liters of black radish juice has been drunk.
Recipes from newspapers on traditional medicine
Tips for treating gout
For treatment to be successful, it is extremely important to follow simple rules of healthy eating. It is recommended to somewhat restrict the consumption of meat and fish, cauliflower and sorrel, and not to eat spinach. Berries, chocolate, figs, coffee and very strong green tea should be consumed in small quantities and preferably in the morning. Also it is necessary to exclude from the daily diet beer and various wines. Instead, it is recommended to significantly increase the amount of clean water you drink.
Diet. You can find detailed information about what you can eat and what not, as well as other features, here
You can drink freshly squeezed juices and not very sweet fruit drinks, as well as alkaline mineral water. With such a diet, the patient begins to lose weight, which has a favorable effect on the treatment of gout.
Source: Newspaper HLS, all-Ukrainian newspaper-healer "Grandmother"
Treatment of gout with folk remedies - the best recipes of folk medicine
Gout is a disease that was known to mankind since ancient times. Of course, at that time the healers did not even realize that their descendants would someday invent non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or uricodepressants, and therefore, when the patient was diagnosed with gout, treatment with folk remedies was considered the most effective and proven method, and this was axiomatic. Brief description of the disease
Gout is a pathology that develops due to a significant metabolic disorder( in particular - protein).As a result, there is an increased deposition of uric acid salts not only in the kidneys( the main filter of our body), but also in other organs and tissues, in particular - in the joints. This condition is the cause of gouty arthritis, accompanied by a marked pain syndrome of a specific nature.
Joint pain, caused by gout, significantly reduces the quality of life of the patient, severely limiting his motor activity.
Specialists involved in the study of metabolic disorders, it is known that this pathology is notable for its diversity. That is why, before you start treatment of gout with folk methods, you should find out which disorder is the cause of the development of this disease.
When uric acid crystals begin to be deposited in joints, characteristic cones( tophi) appear in this area, which can be seen even with the naked eye. Of course, the emergence of such formations reacts sharply to the immune system. Under the influence of the protective mechanisms of blood, leukocytes start to increase sharply. Then they begin to attack the affected joint, causing flushing and severe pain.
With the most unfavorable outcome of the disease, the joint bag is completely destroyed, which means that the patient needs surgical intervention.
What can I eat with gout, and what is not allowed?
In order for the methods of traditional healers to be effective, before starting treatment, it is necessary to clearly balance their diet. After all, it's not a secret for anyone that we are what we eat. Gout is a disease that arises from the use of excessive amounts of animal products, or rather animal fats.
However, the group at risk includes people who abuse alcohol( in particular, cognac products and sparkling wines).That's why gout is called the noble disease of kings and aristocrats, although it does not make it any easier for sufferers.
Patients suffering from gout are recommended to completely exclude from their diet the following products:
- Fatty meat and fish. Meat, mushroom and fish broth.
- Chocolate, cocoa, coffee and tea.
- Legumes, cauliflower, mushrooms and spinach.
- Spicy cheeses.
These products are very harmful to those who suffer from gout, because they contain a large number of purines.
So what can you eat and what kind of diet for gout is the most optimal?
- First of all, you should strictly limit the amount of salt consumed.
- With the permission of the attending physician per week, you can eat about 300 grams of low-fat boiled meat.
- But raw vegetables, fruits and sour-milk products can be, and even need.
- Potatoes, pasta, white, rye and whole wheat bread are also allowed.
- You can eat eggs in small quantities.
- Very useful garlic for gout, eggplants, beet, dairy and vegetarian soups.
- Citrus cultures, which do not contain purines in their composition, have also proved themselves well.
- In the absence of contraindications mandatory for patients suffering from gout, it is recommended to drink about 2.5 - 3 liters of liquid per day.
I would like to give advice to obese people: in any case, do not go hungry at bouts of gout! Hunger is a condition that causes a sharp increase in the level of uric acid in the blood, which, in turn, causes an exacerbation of the disease. That is why, during the treatment of gout with folk remedies, it is recommended for all patients to follow a low-calorie diet.
An ancient Russian prescription for the treatment of gout
An ointment made from unsalted home-made butter has saved more than one generation of people from gout attacks.
For its preparation, the butter melts in a frying pan until the foam appears, then alcohol is cautiously poured into it in the same amount. Very carefully, the mixture is ignited and burned until completely burned out. Then the resulting product is transferred to a container and stored in a refrigerator.
To apply this drug for gout, folk medicine advises during a period of exacerbation of the disease. Ointment must be rubbed in a sore spot in front of a heat source( fireplace, heater or battery) until the pain is completely relieved.
Three onions together with the husks are poured with a liter of water and boiled over moderate heat until the onion is boiled. The resulting broth is filtered and taken before meals in a glass 3 times a day for two weeks. Renewal treatment is necessary as pains arise.
Alcohol solution of iodine
For preparation of this product, it is necessary to grind 5 tablets of aspirin and dissolve them in 10 ml of iodine. Absolutely colorless liquid should be wiped the affected joints before bedtime for a long time, after which, wear warm gloves on hands or feet.
Also very useful baths with the addition of iodine. To prepare them for three liters of warm water, add nine drops of iodine and three teaspoons of soda. With the regular application of such procedures, salt deposits in the joints are significantly reduced.
Herbs for gout
For the treatment of gout, traditional healers recommend the use of tinctures and decoctions, which include one or more medicinal plants.
- Very well help with joint damage from the baths of chemist's chamomile. To do this, 10 grams of water take 100 g of dried flowers of chamomile and 200 salts.
- With regular use of the string, which is brewed, like tea and drunk in hot form, gout retreats for a long time. It should be noted that the most useful is the turn when it is in the process of bud formation.
- Spirituous tincture from flowers of ordinary lilac. For its preparation, a half-liter can is filled with flowers and filled with 200 ml of alcohol. The mixture is infused for a week in a dark place with occasional shaking. Ready tincture is recommended to take 20-30 drops before eating 3 times a day.
- Very useful for gout leaves cranberries( 2 tablespoons per glass of boiling water).This remedy should be insisted for 30 minutes and take 100 ml 3 times a day.
- Very useful weed in the treatment of gout is to ache. She also prepares infusion( three teaspoons for 2 cups of boiling water).The agent is insisted for two hours, after which it is filtered and taken in half a glass 4 times a day before eating.
- Needles are also a time-tested healer. Compresses from coniferous broth very well help with gout. To make it, 500 gr of fresh needles must be poured with boiling water( 1 cm above the level of the needles).This drug is settled for an hour under the lid, after which it is boiled in a water bath( on a quiet fire) for another 60 minutes. Compresses from the resulting decoction is recommended for overnight.
Garlic tincture is almost universal medicine that treats many pathologies, including gout.
For its preparation, 500 grams of garlic paste is poured with a liter of alcohol( or moonshine), after which the container is exposed for 10 days in the sun. After the time has elapsed, it is necessary to strain and take 20-40 drops with fruit juice or milk daily on an empty stomach.
Compresses from garlic - acetic tincture also help to reduce joint pain. To make it, you must carefully grind 3 heads of garlic and pour them 500 ml of table wine 9% vinegar. Infuse the mixture for 15 days, then you can start treatment.
Activated charcoal - rescue with gout
This recipe has helped many patients for a long time to get rid of all the painful manifestations in affected joints. To prepare the medicine, a handful of tablets must be ground in a coffee grinder( approximately half a glass of powder should be produced).Then you need to add a tablespoon of flax seed to it.
Mix thoroughly and add water until a paste-like mass is obtained. The finished product is recommended to lubricate the affected joints at night, top with a food film and warming well. Many patients note that significant relief comes in the morning.
When gout attacks, when the pain becomes simply unbearable, it will help to alleviate the condition from the ice. It is placed in a bag and applied to the inflamed joint for 10 minutes.
Is it possible to cure gout?
As a rule, gout chooses a victim among those people who have a high standard of living and good food.
An active temperamental middle-aged man, who does not deny himself the pleasure, has a well-paid job and loves cheerful feasts - here is a portrait of a typical gout modern. At the same time, according to the English researcher E. Orwan, uric acid is a substance that is very similar in structure to theobromine and caffeine, and they are known to have the ability to stimulate active mental activity.
V. Efroimson - an outstanding Soviet geneticist also contributed to the development of gouty theory, supporting the observations of Orwan. He proved by a simple statistical enumeration that gout often affects talented people( 5 - 10%), and among the geniuses this figure reaches almost 50%! .This is why gout is still considered a very mysterious disease, from which a saving medicine has not been found, which can defeat the disease once and for all.
Fortunately, this pathology is rare enough( it is diagnosed only in 3 to 5 people out of a thousand).It should be noted that in women this disease is even more rare.
Gout is a chronic disease characterized by periods of exacerbations and remissions. But, if you completely abandon treatment and put the disease on its own, ignoring the diet and all the necessary recommendations, gout attacks will become more frequent and more intense each time.
With the development of the pathological process, the disease will affect larger joints, as well as the kidney and urinary system, which can lead to complete disability.7 comments
Gout is well known to me, I struggle with it for several years, rubbing the joints with fir oil and adhering to a diet. The fact that you can for a long time get rid of all the painful manifestations in affected joints with the help of activated charcoal never heard, I will definitely try!
To treatment and prevention of gout, you can add a plant such as burdock.
In folk medicine for the treatment of gout and other diseases use tinctures, decoctions of leaves and roots, sometimes in combination with leaves of cranberries. Decoction of leaves and inflorescences of the mug are added to the bath.
I drove my mother to different clinics, she was prescribed a huge number of medicines. .. In the suburbs they got acquainted with the old woman who suggested the folk method of gout treatment: a decoction from a string. It turns out that everything a person needs for treatment - grows next to him! I also want to add from myself that when treating this disease it is very important not only to adhere to the appropriate diet, but also to cleanse the body with herbal teas. It is necessary to take care of our main filters, about pereni and kidneys.
- Natalia 10.06.2014
As recommended by compresses for the night from urine, dip vatu into fresh urine and attach to a sore spot, cover with cellophane and heat wrap. .. a week later from gout and a trace there. .. a counter opposite but really helps
Recently, I was generally convinced that folk medicine helps people much better and without consequences.
I have already tried many of these tools, but so far, to no avail, but still, I do not give up on it, I'll still try.
Mom has recently become more stressed gout, and drugs are harmful to constantly take and do not last long. I hope people's compresses and diet will help. We will try to exclude some products.
Gout treatment at home |Traditional treatment of gout
Everyone who has suffered or is ill with gout is ready to give everything for the treatment of gout. Folk treatment of gout at home is more effective than medications and surgeries, but it must be agreed with the doctor in charge.
Gout - treatment at home
Folk treatment of gout with
- tincture If you prefer to fight gout and are ready to take in tinctures, then you can prepare tincture for the treatment of gout at home from the roots of the madder red. To do this, you need a teaspoon of the roots of the madder red, pour it with boiling water and give a little brew. Ideally, boil this broth in a water bath for about ten minutes. Take tincture two times a day for half a glass to treat gout.
- Fresh leaves of chopped heather grass ordinary pour 0.5 liters of warm boiled water, let it brew for 4 hours, drain. Drink 1/2 cup 4 times a day to treat gout at home.
- 1 teaspoon bud buds, ivy, pour 1 cup boiling water, insist for 4-5 hours. Drink 1/4 cup 2-3 times a day in a warm form for folk treatment of gout.
- 1 tablespoon dried birch leaves pour 1 cup boiling water, insist, wrapped, 6 hours, drain. Drink 1/2 cup 2-3 times a day to treat gout with folk remedies;
- 1 tablespoon of herb medicinal herbs to pour 2 cups of boiling water, insist, wrapped, 2 hours. Drink 1-2 tablespoons 3-4 times a day for treatment;
- 1 teaspoon leaves cranberries pour 0.3 liters of boiling water, insist, wrapped, 1 hour, strain. Drink 1/2 cup 3-4 times daily before meals;
- St. John's wort( 1 tablespoon), chamomile flowers( 1 tablespoon), lime blossom( 1 tablespoon), blackberry flowers( 1 tablespoon).Infusion for folk treatment of gout at home take 2 glasses a day;
- Agave( 50 g), horseradish( 50 g), garlic( 50 g), hot pepper pepper( 50 g), bone marrow from cattle shank( 50 g).All components are ground with a knife. Fold in glassware, grind 200 grams of medical alcohol, insist 1 hour, add 200 g camphor oil, 2 tablespoons of iodine, 50 g of badger fat, 50 g of turpentine, 300 g of ethyl alcohol. All this should be left in a warm place for 4-5 days, filtered through gauze and stored in a closed bottle. Rub in small portions 1-2 times a day, preferably before going to bed at night. Treatment at home gout continues for 1 month.
- 2 tbsp.l.lilac flowers pour 1 glass of alcohol. Insist in a dark place, shaking daily. After a week drain. Take 20-30 drops 3 times daily before meals.
- 100 g of fresh young leaves of lilac to be filled in a bottle, pour 1 liter of vodka. Infuse in a dark place for 14 days. Take 30 drops 3 times daily before meals to treat gout.
- Finely chopped roots of wild rose insist on 0.5 liters of vodka( 56 °) 21 days in a warm dark place, shaking daily. Take 25 ml 2 times a day for 1 hour before meals and do compresses for gout.
- 1-2 tsp.chicory herbs pour 1 cup boiling water, insist, then strain. Drink 1/2 cup per day 30 minutes before meals. With this infusion, you and the heart strengthen and gout cure at home.
- 25 grams of ground blackcurrant leaves brew in 0.5 liters of boiling water, infuse for several hours. Take a 0.5-1 glass 4-5 times a day.
- Infusion of black currant leaves used as baths for rheumatic and gouty joint damage.
- 20 g of young leaves or unripe walnut fruit pour 200 ml of boiling water, insist 20 minutes, then strain. Take 1 tbsp.l.3 times a day for folk gout treatment.
- Lilac flowers tightly put in a half-liter jar to the top, pour vodka and insist 21 days in a dark place, then strain. Take 30 drops 3 times daily before meals. The course of treatment at home gout - 3 months. This same tincture is made by grinding and compresses.
Ointments for folk treatment of gout at home
For external use, you will have to try to prepare a cure for gout. To do this, you need to take and mix three bottles of pharmacy tincture of valerian, a bottle of triple cologne. This composition must be left overnight so that it is infused. Prepared mixture lubricate sore spots before going to bed. Greased place should be wrapped with polyethylene and wrapped with something warm. After a few days, you will feel how your joint will twist, the skin will turn white and itch may appear. Such "side effects" will have to be transferred, this means that you are doing everything right and are on the path to recovery.
Gout treatment at home with folk remedies - compresses
- Also you can prepare another compound for the treatment of gout. To do this, take a pan and pour into it 500 grams of iodized salt, pour a small amount of water and boil it until the water evaporates. Once the water has evaporated, add 200 grams of Vaseline or chicken fat. The entire mixture must be mixed. To smear sick places before a dream. Ideally, the composition should be applied to a woolen cloth and fastened with a bandage on a sore spot. To the effect of treating gout at home was more tangible it is worth taking in parallel a decoction of linden.
- Lovers of fish will help in the national treatment of gout fish compresses. To do this, you need two kilograms of fish scraps, to separate the meat from the ridge. The resulting meat should be divided into ten parts and put into kulechkam and placed in the freezer. Before going to bed it is necessary to unfreeze one kulechek and put it on a sick leg, from above to put on warm socks. In the morning you need to wash your feet, and you can give the fish to your pets. Ten days later the pains will disappear and it is unlikely to return again.
- Grind 20 g roots of rose hips, brew in 1 liter of boiling water, hover over low heat for 3 hours. After steaming, add 1 cup of cold boiled water. With this mixture, compress on a sore spot for the night, then wrap it well.
- Avicenna recommended applying a thick decoction of chicory roots to the joints affected by gout.
Home methods for treating gout products
- Daily eat 100 grams of grated carrots with 1 tbsp.l.vegetable oil.
- 40 g of bean leaves pour 1 liter of water;boil in a sealed container in a water bath for 1 hour, then strain. Take 1 tbsp.l.4-5 times a day in the treatment of gout.
- 4 lemons, with removed bones, and 3 peeled garlic heads in a meat grinder and pour 7 cups of boiling water, stir and let stand for 24 hours, then strain. Take 40 ml before meals once a day to treat gout at home.
Popular treatment of gout with the medicine-man's prescriptions
Popov's method for treating gout with folk remedies at home
First of all, you need to prepare two tanks in advance. In one of which we pour very cold water, and in the other we put the grains of some cereals, we pour them with boiling water. After such actions, the grains are steamed and become hot, bring to such a temperature that you can lower your hand into them. Then we lower the hand first thing into the vessel, where cold water is poured, time - three to five seconds, and then immediately into a vessel with grains, hot water. We knead them with our hands. After such a procedure, we tie a hand with a woolen shawl, warming up the joints in this way. The course of treating gout at home is two to three months.
Traditional treatment of gout according to recipes of Russian healers
- Decoction of rose hips roots( 1 tablespoon per 1 cup of boiling water), take 1/2 cup to treat gout.
- Tincture of fresh agave leaves, take 0.5 teaspoonful 2 times a day for gout.
- 1/2 cup ryazhenka, 1/2 cup ground breadcrumbs( rye), 0.5 teaspoon soda. All the mix, let stand for 3-6 hours in the light in a warm place, drain. Apply to a sore spot an hour before bedtime for folk gout treatment.
- Infusion of cranberry leaves( 1 tablespoon per 1 cup of boiling water), take 1 tablespoon 3-4 times a day.
- Decoction of flowers of cornflower blue( 1 teaspoon), calendula flowers( 1 teaspoon), peony flowers( 1 teaspoon), blackberry flowers( 1 teaspoon), nettle leaves( 1 teaspoon), willow bark( 2 teaspoons), herb horsetail( 1 teaspoon), birch leaves( 2 teaspoons).Take every 2 hours for 1 glass of hot decoction to treat gout at home.
Gout is a folk treatment according to the prescriptions of Natalia Frolova
Usually the pains with gout are fixed on the big toe. It is not recommended to treat the disease in the most acute stage, but to give the disease to subside, only then to proceed to treatment. The best way to treat gout at home is to bee stings. There is a second way. Melt a glass of fresh unsalted butter over the fire. When the oil begins to boil, remove the foam and add an equal amount of wine alcohol. Then ignite this mixture and allow the alcohol to burn out. The remaining mass is a curative remedy for gout, but on condition that mass rubbing into sore spots will be made near a hot fire( fireplace, fire, stove).
Traditional treatment of gout at home according to the recipes of Ivan Prokhorov at home
Spurge for the treatment of gout
To use for the treatment of gout. Legs soar in the decoction of milkweed.
A tripartite sequence in the treatment of gout at home.
Use with gout, arthritis, urticaria. Take for 20 minutes a bath of broth turns( 50-100 g per bucket of water), boil in a sealed container for half an hour. Bath temperature 38 ° С.It is very useful to take in the tea without the norm. Fresh grass or infusion of 4 tablespoons of herbs for 5 glasses of water rub the inflamed joints with rheumatism, arthritis, gout, you can do compresses.
Wild strawberries in the national treatment of gout
Berries contain a lot of vitamin C, carotene, vitamin B, traces of vitamin B1, sugar, citric, malic, salicylic, cinnamon, tannic acids, pectin substances, anti-cyanic compounds, fiber, essential oil, red pigment,a small amount of minerals, phytoncides. The leaves of strawberries are rich in iron and tannins. It is used as a dietary remedy for diseases of the heart, liver and kidneys, as a source of vitamin C. In large quantities, strawberries are used as a fortifying agent, for the regulation of the intestinal activity( with atonic constipation), in the treatment of peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum, diseases of the bile ducts,hypertensive disease, atherosclerosis, gout and other disorders of salt metabolism.
Folk remedy - celery odorous in the treatment of gout at home
Used for a long time as a medicinal plant for folk gout treatment. The boiled root vegetables were applied to the frostbitten places, and the essential oil contained in the plant was used with gastric colic, lack of appetite, nausea, indigestion. Celery was added to the forage of racehorses and trotting horses, because they believed that it strengthened their strength and increased endurance. Wreaths of green adorned the head in solemn occasions. Apply it and to treat gout.
The most effective juice obtained from root crops or green mass. It is taken on 1 dessert spoon 3-4 times a day for half an hour before meals. From the roots, you can also prepare the infusion: 2 tablespoons finely chopped root( you can pass through a meat grinder) pour two glasses of cold water and insist for at least 3 hours, from time to time stirring. Filtered infusion to drink 1/3 cup 3 times a day for 30 minutes before meals.
Barley in the treatment of gout at home
Used to treat many diseases: gout, cancer, scurvy, scab, with kidney stones and gall bladder, with enlarged spleen. To prepare the broth take 4-5 teaspoons of barley and 1 liter of water, cook until it remains 700 g. The resulting broth is divided into two parts of 350 g, drink before dinner and after dinner.
Prevention of gout with folk remedies at home.
- Vegetarian diet. The level of uric acid in the blood increases when food is rich in purines, and they are contained primarily in meat. It is recommended to reduce consumption of meat products.
- Sobriety. Alcohol weakens the excretion of uric acid by the kidneys. The more you drink alcohol, the more often and more gouty attacks.
- Lose a bit of weight. Excess weight is associated with an increase in the level of uric acid in the blood. However, to starve for gout is in no case impossible. Lose weight, but slowly and gradually.
- Caution: Aspirin. In low doses, it can increase the level of uric acid in the blood. If aspirin is prescribed in connection with a heart disease, you must tell your doctor about gout.
Diet for the treatment of gout at home
The basics of treating gout with a diet at home
- limiting foods rich in purines;
- plentiful drink - up to 1, 5-2 l of free liquid per day;
- inclusion in the diet of berries, fruits, vegetables from among the allowed;
- restriction of table salt( up to 6-7 g / day along with contained in the products).
When treating gout, it is better to cook food without salt, salting the ready meals at the rate of 1/2 teaspoon of salt per day;complete exclusion from the diet of refractory fats and any alcoholic beverages. All patients with gout, regardless of body weight, are recommended 1 day off per week. This - "vegetable" days( 1.5 kg of vegetables in any cooking), "fruit"( 1.5 kg of apples or oranges without peel), "curd"( 400 grams of cottage cheese and 500 ml of kefir or milk a day).During unloading days with the national treatment of gout, the amount of free liquid in the diet should be at least 1.5 liters per day.
Complete starvation courses, even short-term, are not shown in the treatment of gout at home. Fasting with gout in the first days leads to an increase in the level of uric acid in the blood with the subsequent development of an attack of gout.
If gout is combined with obesity, it is necessary to observe nutrition aimed at reducing body weight( meat and fish consumption is limited to 200-300 g per week).Decrease in body weight with gout should be gradual - no more than 1-2 kg per week.
In case of exacerbation of gout from food completely exclude meat and fish products. Food consists mainly of liquid food( milk, lactic acid products, kissels, compotes, vegetable and fruit juices).Especially shown in the treatment of gout at home, lemon juice with water, vegetable soups, liquid porridge. It is necessary that the patient drinks at least 2 liters of fluid per day.
Recommended dishes and products for the treatment of gout at home
- in the treatment of gout can be included in eating meat, including poultry, lean, not more often 1-2 times a week, in a boiled form. We remind you that when cooking up to 50% of the purines contained in the products go to the broth;
- fish - low-fat varieties, 1-2 times a week, boiled;
- milk products can be used for gout - milk, lactic acid products, cottage cheese, sour cream, non-cheesy cheeses;
- eggs - 1 egg per day in any cooking can be treated with gout;
- fats - creamy, melted butter, vegetable oil;
- cereals - in moderation, any;
- bread and flour products in the national treatment of gout - wheat and rye, various products;confined products of puff and dough;
- vegetables are among the allowed for gout, in any form;the pickles and marinades are excluded from food;
- soups - dairy, fruit, vegetable( without peas, legumes, sorrel);
- cold appetizers - salads from fresh vegetables, vinaigrettes, vegetable roe;
- fruits, sweet dishes, sweets - with gout you can any fruit and berries, creams, kissels, marmalade, pastille, honey;Citrus, especially lemons and grapefruit, are desirable;
- sauces and spices - sauce on vegetable broth, tomato, sour cream, milk, citric acid, vanillin, cinnamon;
- drinks - loose tea and coffee, juices, fruit drinks, kvas, broth of wild rose, alkaline mineral water( Borjomi type).
What should be excluded from food when treating the gout
- from food must always exclude all alcoholic beverages;
- for gout is not possible products of animal origin: liver, kidneys, brains, meat of young animals, sausages, smoked products, canned food, fatty, smoked and salted fish, canned fish, fats - beef, mutton, pork, cooking fat, meat, fish, chicken, mushroom broth;
- it is desirable to exclude from the diet vegetables and fruits: beans, mushrooms, sorrel, spinach, raspberries, figs,
- other: chocolate, cocoa, strong tea and coffee.
Gout medication treatment at home
Medications for the treatment of gout are divided into oppressive uric acid formation( uricodepressant drugs), increasing the excretion of urate with urine( uricosuric), providing chemical decay of urates( uricolitic).From the hypo-uricemic drugs, for the treatment of gout medications at home, the most common is allopurinol. Allopurinol has no analgesic effect.
Treatment of gout with medicines - reduction of serum uric acid concentration
If possible, it is necessary to cancel diuretic medicines when treating gout at home. If the concentration of uric acid in the serum is maintained above 420 μmol / l and the patient's consent to prolonged gout treatment after the third attack of arthritis, allopurinol is prescribed. In the presence of kidney stones, elevated serum creatinine, treatment with allopurinol should be started immediately. Treatment should be continuous and prolonged under the control of uric acid level in the blood - the target level is less than 0.36-0.42 mmol / l. Control of the level of uric acid is carried out after 1-2 months.after the beginning of treatment.
To prevent exacerbation, treatment with gout with medicament allopurinol before arresting a gout attack should not begin. The initial dose of the drug is small - 100-150 mg / day - with a gradual, within 2 weeks, increasing it to therapeutic - 300 mg / day. Further, with the effect remaining, the dose can be reduced by half. If within 2 weeks the concentration of uric acid in the serum does not decrease, the dose should be increased to 600 mg / day. With CRF( creatinine concentration of 160-560 μmol / l) the dose of the drug is reduced by 2 times. In severe CRF in the treatment of gout, this dose is usually 50-100 mg / day. When choosing a dose, it is taken into account that the effect of the drug is achieved after 7-14 days.
Gout attacks in the treatment of gout at home can be repeated for another 2-3 months after the start of treatment with the drug allopurinol, and therefore prescribe NSAIDs.
The most common side effects in the treatment of gout: rash, impaired liver function. It is rare to note oppression of bone marrow functions. Do not prescribe allopurinol together with another medication, azathioprine.
In asymptomatic hyperuricemia, the use of allopurinol to treat gout is ineffective. The main method of treatment is diet therapy.
After gout treatment for 10-12 months.in patients with gouty arthritis, a feeling of stiffness disappears, acute attacks of gout cease, small ones become smaller and large tofuses decrease in size, the function of the kidneys improves, small calculi in the kidneys may disappear. If the patient had no acute attacks for 1 year, tofusi disappeared, you can take a break in taking allopurinol medicines for 2-3 months with the subsequent determination of the level of uricemia. When an increased level of uric acid is detected, treatment with allopurinol should be continued. With a properly selected dose and practically constant intake of small doses of this drug, it is possible to achieve complete disappearance of tofus and gouty attacks for many years.
Urinormalizing treatment of gout with medicines at home
Urquicuric medicines( benzbromarone, benziodarone, probenecid, etc.) contribute to excretion of uric acid in the urine with a decrease in uricemia. If there is no hyperuricosuria( the traditional border is 700 mg / day), allopurinol and uricosuric medicines are shown equally. It is well known that uricosuric drugs should be prescribed to patients under the age of 60 years to treat gout at home, with satisfactory renal function and in the absence of urolithiasis.
Indications for the use of uricosuric medicines for the treatment of gout attacks: hyperuricemia resulting from decreased urinary excretion of uric acid( <700-800 mg / day of uric acid), hyperuricemia with creatinine clearance of at least 50 ml / min, patients under 60 years of age.
Contraindications to the treatment of gout with these medicines: urolithiasis and kidney failure, urolithiasis type of nephropathy. In the treatment of uricosuric medicines in patients with gout, daily use of up to 2-3 liters of fluid is necessary, which is contraindicated in arterial hypertension and edematous syndrome. During the first 1-2 weeks after the beginning of taking medications, half of the patients with gout aggravated the joint syndrome due to the release of urates from the tissue depots.
Medication Benzbromarone in the treatment of gout at home is given the most attention, because it not only increases the excretion of urate by the kidneys, but also inhibits the synthesis of purine bases and the absorption of uric acid from the intestine;The dose of medication can not be reduced with moderate renal failure;it is convenient in application( a dose of 100-200 mg / day is taken once);has a sufficient effect in the inefficiency of allopurinol.
The effectiveness of probenecid medication is inferior to benzbromarone and benziodarone in the treatment of gout, adverse reactions are headache, nausea, dermatitis, fever, anemia. Medication Probenecid enhances the effects of coagulants. The initial dose of probenecid is 500-1000 mg / day, after 2-3 weeks it is increased to 1500-3000 mg. It should be emphasized the therapeutic "narrowness" of indications and clinical situations to the use of uricosuric medicines in the treatment of gout at home.
In the appointment of both allopurinol and uricosuric agents, two important circumstances in the treatment of gout at home should be borne in mind:
- As a result of the increased excretion of uric acid, the risk of stone formation and the development of urate nephropathy are increasing in the first days of the use of these medicines. In this regard, a preliminary examination of the state of the kidneys and urinary tract( creatinine, its clearance, ultrasound of the kidneys), as well as the study of urine pH.To study urine pH, paper indicators attached to commercial nitrate medicines can be used. In patients with a urine pH of less than 6, it is desirable to achieve alkalization by prescribing citrates, sodium bicarbonate in the treatment of gout before prescribing these medicines. These medicines for the treatment of gout attacks are used under constant control of urine pH, the optimal level of which is 6.2-6.6.In order to prevent stone formation, you must also drink abundantly. Preventive recommendations are carried out at least two months.
- After prescribing medicines to treat gout at home for 6-12 months, the risk of developing gout attacks increases. Therefore, it is recommended not to begin therapy with still uncompleted arthritis and use within a few months with a preventive NSAID.
Other medications to normalize the level of uric acid in the treatment of gout
In the first weeks of gout treatment at home, allopurinol medicament, especially with urolithiasis type of nephropathy, shows the use of drugs that promote the dissolution of uric acid in the urine. These medications can be prescribed for all clinical variants of gout.
The solubility of uric acid in the alkaline medium increases, and the crystallization of urate and oxalate decreases with increasing citrate in the urine. Therefore, most agents that change the pH of urine contain citric acid, potassium or sodium salts. These medicines are ugly( 1 teaspoonful per 0.5 cup of water 3-4 times a day before a meal);magurlite( 6-8 g per day);Uralit( 4 measuring spoons 3 times a day);blemarene( 2-3 times a day but 1-2 scoops).
The dose of uricolytic drugs for the treatment of gout is selected individually under the control of urine pH( 6.2-6.6).Contraindications to their use: renal failure, urinary tract infection.
Phytotherapy with folk gout treatment has a definite hypotheic effect: decoctions of cranberry leaves and nettle nettle, rhizome of calamus, black poplar buds, pussy bark, orthosiphon, potato-celery broth, eucalyptus leaves and Malay apple. During the period of remission, late-autumned bulbs are applied to the affected joints, containing colchicine and various oils.
Salt and radon baths in the treatment of gout at home predetermine an increase in excretion of uric acid. Use of the sauna leads to a decrease in secretion and an increase in the reabsorption of uric acid by the kidneys, and this often provokes an exacerbation of gout. At the same time, the erroneous idea about the "need to wash away urate salts" in patients with gout in the sauna remains popular.
Treatment of kidney damage with gout with medicines
As a rule, already at the beginning of gout treatment, the pathological process in the kidney becomes irreversible, and morphological disturbances are observed even in the absence of changes in urine.
Pathogenetic treatment of gouty nephropathy is based on inhibition of uric acid synthesis. Only prolonged and continuous treatment can prevent the development of nephropathy and can be a means of primary prevention of kidney damage in the treatment of gout at home. It is considered expedient to prescribe allopurinol immediately after the diagnosis of gout.
Target pressure in patients with gout with renal pathology is less than 130/80 mm Hg, with proteinuria more than 1 g / day - less than 125/75 mm Hg.
Arterial hypertension significantly worsens the prognosis of gouty nephropathy. The medications of choice in this case are ACE inhibitors( lisinopril, enalapril), angiotensin II receptor antagonists( ARA II)( candesartan-Kandsar, etc.).calcium antagonists of 1I-III generations( diltiazem, amlodipine).
Recently, a medication of the ARA II group has been shown to have moderate uricosuric activity. The latter is explained by their ability to bind to transport proteins of the epithelium of the proximal tubules, which exchange uric acid to lactate or chlorine ions. Blocking of these transport proteins is accompanied by hyperuricosuria, but not by hypo-uricemia. It is also positive that APA II in patients with gout is capable of increasing urine pH.The effectiveness of these drugs with gout is reduced when combined with NSAIDs.
Beta-adrenoblockers and thiazide diuretics( furosemide, gynothiazide, etc.) are not used due to their hyperuricemic effect.
Treatment of acute gouty arthritis with gout with medicines
To stop a gout attack, the rest of the affected joint is necessary, cool compresses. Also treatment with medicines is shown.
- Rapid relief in the treatment of gout brings colchicine, taken at 0.5 mg every hour until the symptoms of arthritis subsided or until side effects( vomiting, diarrhea) occur, but no more than 6-8 mg / day, the drug is taken for no more than a day. The previously recommended maintenance treatment with colchicine is currently being challenged due to side effects of the drug( diarrhea, myelotoxicity).
- NSAIDs( indomethacin, diclofenac sodium, but not salicylates) are usually used in high doses and short course( 2-3 days).Special care should be taken with concomitant diseases of the liver and kidneys, especially in elderly patients.
- The introduction of glucocorticoids into the joint cavity is tempting with a quick and precise effect, but is fraught with the danger of unrecognized septic arthritis, debuted under the mask of gout or against its background. In addition, extreme soreness of the joint with gout complicates any manipulation.
- Urticostatic and uricosuric preparations during an acute attack of gout do not apply. Any fluctuation in the concentration of uric acid in the blood can prolong the attack of gout.
Treatment of gout with medications in the interstitial period
In the treatment of gout at home, a diet is prescribed, which involves limiting the intake of fats, alcoholic beverages, sardines, anchovies, liver, fatty meat, lettuce, spinach, legumes( diet number 6).Medicinal treatment of gout with often recurrent attacks of arthritis is carried out according to the following programs. With reduced excretion of urates, preserved kidney functions and the absence of urinary stones, it is possible to use both uricosuric and uricostatic agents.
- The most common representative of uricosuric agents( ie, drugs that increase the excretion of urate by the kidneys) is probenecid - 250 mg twice a day for 1 week, then 500 mg 2 times a day. However, against the background of the use of probenecid, resistance to treatment often develops. The drug was not widely used in domestic practice. In recent years, it is proposed to combine uricosuric drugs with uricostatic( allomarone 1 tablet once a day) in the treatment of gout.
- Generally recognized uricostatic( ie, reducing urate formation) drug for the treatment of gout - allopurinol. He is appointed at a starting dose of 100 mg / day, followed by a gradual increase in the dose to 300 mg / day for 3-4 weeks. If the glomerular filtration is reduced to 30-60 ml / min, the dose of allopurinol does not exceed 100 mg / day, and for glomerular filtration 60-90 ml / min - no more than 200 mg / day.
- With increased excretion of uric acid in the urine and / or gouty lesions of the kidneys, give preference to the drug allopurinol. In the first weeks of therapy with allopurinol in these patients, the use of drugs that increase the solubility of uric acid in urine( uralit-U) has been shown. In contrast, the simultaneous use of drugs that reduce the pH of urine, for example ammonium chloride or ascorbic acid, increases the likelihood of urate stones formation during gout.
- Urikozuric medicines with increased excretion of uric acid in the urine and / or gouty lesions of the kidney are contraindicated.
- With secondary gout on the background of hematologic, oncological diseases during the period of cytotoxic or radiotherapy, allopurinol remains the choice in treatment.
It should be noted that the treatment of gout with anti-gouty medicines is prescribed for primary gout for life, with the secondary - depending on the removability of a specific provocative situation. Breaks in the treatment of gout with medicines quickly lead to a relapse of the disease. In the first weeks of drug treatment of gout, fluctuations in uric acid in the blood can trigger the development of arthritis, therefore, in the initial stages of therapy, simultaneous administration of colchicine( 1.5 mg / day) or NSAIDs is advisable. It should be prescribed to the patient an active water regime - consumption of liquid not less than 3 liters / day.
Treatment of gout through conspiracies and prayers
Put a bone in your right pocket from the calf slaughtered in the same year when a person is waiting for help. At the same time, you say: "As this calf was, and now it is not, neither at the farmstead, nor in the pasture, nor in the shed, I will not have gout." As it is true that the bone is in my right pocket, so is the truththat I will recover. "Amen."
Fold the middle and index fingers on your right hand and, using this cross to the place that bothers the patient, read in a whisper: "On the mountain where the mountain is living, there is a farmstead." It is not glass, it is wooden, from the coffins,from the houses of the deceased. I'll take care of that house, and on the farmstead I have a sickness with a slave( name). There's a disease, to live there forever, and as I said, it will be so. Amen, amen, amen. "Article specially for the site medmoon.ru
Causes of gout
Gout from historical times was known as "aristocrat disease", and it is no accident. Gouty arthritis was sick mostly by notable people, and in poor gout almost never met. The reason for such an interesting phenomenon is that only wealthy people could afford to eat and drink what they wanted, to violate the diet, to move little.
Now there is no such division into classes, but the tendency of occurrence of a gout in people not observing canons of a healthy way of life has remained. And gout in women is several times less common than in men. To a greater extent, it is the fault of men who, compared to women, consume more beer, smoke and move little.
Two main mechanisms play the role of gout.
- The process of removing uric acid is disrupted, because a person has broken the diet, and a large number of urate kidneys just do not have time to remove. The accumulation of urates in the blood in the form of sodium salts triggers the crystallization process and deposits them in the joints.
- Uric acid salts are not excreted in the urine, as the kidneys for some reason can not do this. This can be because of the most different pathological conditions and diseases of the body.
Principles of complex therapy
- Elimination of all causes and factors that could cause the disease. Remove excess weight, remove uncomfortable shoes and give up bad habits necessarily!
- Drawing up a diet with the requirements of diet number 6. From the menu you need to remove red meat, broths, tea, coffee, spirits, sausages, smoked products, salt and some vegetables.
- Anti-inflammatory therapy, which should be done with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. NSAIDs relieve pain and inflammation symptoms.
- It is necessary to take special drugs that dissolve salts of uric acid and remove them from the body.
- Physiotherapy procedures that are best conducted between bouts of illness.
- Therapeutic massage, which is performed during remission.
- In the initial stages of the disease, people's treatment will be particularly useful and highly effective.
Phytotherapy and folk recipes
All used folk remedies for gout pursue the same goals as traditional medication. Below are some of the most effective methods of folk treatment, the observance of which will help get rid of gout.
- For the unloading and normalization of the exchange, it is useful to arrange once a week the days when you can eat raw foods( without heat treatment).Such a diet cleans the body of toxins and decay products.
- A large number of clean water and other liquids( natural juices, decoctions, infusions, herbal tea) should be drunk a day. The amount of liquid is 30-40 ml per 1 kg of weight per day.
- Collect from equal shares( 20 g each) chamomile, St. John's wort, lingonberries, linden flowers, black elderberry brew with a liter of hot water, allow to boil and insist for 2 hours. Drink a decoction during the day.
- For local therapy, you can use a mixture of camphor and ammonia( 100 grams) mixed with 50 g of iodine. With pain, rub your skin, apply compresses.
- To the joints you can apply honey, tincture of nettle or its steamed leaves, a mixture of activated carbon with flaxseed. On top you need to put a woolen shawl and keep the joints warm.
When folk remedies give the maximum effect
In nature, everything that our body needs to be healthy. After all, it is created in such a way that each antidote has its own antidote. Unfortunately, most of us want the folk recipes to be omnipotent and relieve us of pain and discomfort as quickly as possible. But we forget the simple secret - how much time was required for the onset of the disease, as much is needed in order to eliminate all the malfunctions and return to health.
Gout does not apply to diseases that occur in a month or two, this takes years. And if you start on the path to health and start applying recipes for traditional medicine, then you must have patience.
When is it best to start using folk remedies? Of course, treatment in the early stages of the disease is more likely to succeed than therapy in the late stage, when the articular surface of the cartilage is destroyed, and the joint is deformed.
Before you start using folk remedies for gout, it's best to inform your doctor-orthopedist. After all, the principles of traditional medicine are the same as with traditional therapy, and a competent combination of all methods and diet compliance will give you lost health.