Yoga: effectiveness with arthrosis of the knee
Yoga with arthrosis of the knee joint is one of the most correct and modern solutions for getting rid of the disease. Yoga can be practiced at any age, and it helps not only to cure many diseases, but also to prevent them by calming the body. Yoga with arthrosis of the knee joint is recommended by leading doctors all over the world.
What is arthrosis of the knee joint
Osteoarthritis of the knee joint affects people mainly after 40 years. During the day, there is a huge load on the knees, but as a result of the heavy load joints begin to hurt, it becomes hard to sit down and get up, there is a crunch. This is due to the deposition of salts in the knees or the development of an insufficient amount of fluid necessary for the normal functioning of the legs. These symptoms indicate a disease called arthrosis of the knee joint, in another way it is called gonarthrosis.
This disease affects 7-20% of people around the globe. It is considered one of the most difficult to cure.
What includes complex treatment of
If you have run arthrosis in due time, then most likely the doctor will prescribe physiotherapy. Physiotherapy is a complex therapy, which is carried out not only by medicines, but also includes a set of exercises that the patient must perform during the entire course of treatment. People suffering from arthrosis of the knees should avoid heavy loads, otherwise this may adversely affect the joints of the legs.
For arthrosis of the knee joint, a light gymnastics is very helpful, which can be performed while sitting, which is very important, since with such gymnastics there is no load on the knees. For effective treatment it is necessary to perform gymnastics once a day for 15 minutes. After gymnastics, you need to massage your legs lightly, beginning from the hips and to the ankles. Do not strongly press on those places that you are concerned about, it is advisable to use warming creams and massage aids.
Swimming as a method
Swimming is one of the most effective methods of treatment for arthrosis of the knee joint at any stage of the disease. Swimming with arthrosis of the knees helps well, because in water the weight of a person's weight decreases by 50-70%.Also, swimming allows to strengthen muscles and at the same time does not exert a burden on them. Water is very useful for the knees for this disease, since it is in the water that you can completely bend and unbend them without special pain and effort.
If you suffer from severe knee pains, it's enough to lower them into cold water, the pain will slowly recede, if you lower them into warm water, it will relax your muscles. Scientists have proved that daily exercise in water can reduce pain to 20%.In addition, this method of treating arthrosis of the knee joint is considered more rapid and effective.
Yoga against arthrosis of the knee joint
For arthrosis of the knee joint, it is useful to practice yoga. Yoga thanks to its smooth and light exercises allows you to not burden your knees. Such therapeutic gymnastics can be practiced by people of any age and any gender.
During exercise, muscles and joints are strengthened, and you do not need to strain or apply strength. Yoga exercises need to be performed correctly, so as not to stretch the muscles and not hurt even more knee.
Exercises can be performed sitting or even lying, which allows you to exclude pain and discomfort. It is for this reason that yoga is so popular among patients with arthrosis of the knee joint.
There are several simple exercises with which you can heal arthrosis:
- We accept the forward position, the feet are shoulder width apart, the arms should be lowered. As far as the strength allows you, you need to bend forward your body and try to reach the toes with your fingertips. Knees in this case should not be bent, you need to try to breathe smoothly and calmly. If you can not reach the toes, then you need to wrap your arms around the lower leg, in this position you need to hold on for 1 minute.
- The second exercise is done sitting. Sit down, straightening your legs, watch for a straight posture and try to lean forward. Try not to bend your legs. Do this exercise for 2-3 minutes.
- The third exercise is designed for half-lying condition. Take the same position as in the second exercise, and slowly lean back, leaning on the forearms and elbows of the hands. Slowly raise your legs and try to bend and straighten them. This exercise is designed for 2-4 minutes.
- You need to roll over on your stomach and try to lift your legs in turns alternately. Such an exercise should be done for each joint 50 times.
Carrying out such movements regularly and repeating them a day 3-4 times, you can completely get rid of arthrosis, since yoga has a beneficial effect on muscles and joints. Joints without unnecessary movements receive the necessary load, this allows you to strengthen the muscles and get rid of arthrosis of the knee joint.
Useful advices and recommendations
For arthrosis of the knee joint, you need to know a few useful things:
- It is necessary to engage in physical therapy, but only that which the doctor himself will appoint when he assesses your state of health. Including yoga, which is considered a fairly effective means of getting rid of the disease with arthrosis of the knee joint.
- In his spare time doing self-massage with warming creams - this will help to quickly cure the disease.
- To engage in swimming, which will contribute to effective treatment for knee disease.
- A sitting position with bent knees should be avoided. The bent knees affect the muscles and overload them.
- It is very important to follow a diet, as food is an extra burden on your feet. Excess weight also badly affects the patient with arthrosis of the knee joint. With this disease, fatty foods such as meat, fatty kefir, milk or yogurt, sour cream, cream, cheese, etc. should be excluded from their diet. You can not eat sugar, sweet or flour, try to eat raw vegetables and fruits more. It is allowed to use skim milk products not more than 1%, few proteins, fish and chicken.
- Any excess weight immediately affects the patient's knees, so watch your diet and in no case do not lift weights.
Harm to excessive loads of
If you have the slightest suspicion of arthrosis of the knee joint, you should try to avoid movements that cause pain, for example, do not sit down often and stand up or climb staircases, climb mountains, etc. This can lead to complications. It is necessary to abandon any kind of sports in which heavy loads are placed on the knees, for example, running, any treadmills, cycling. Depending on the stage of the disease, sports associated with any jumping, weight lifting, with such a disease is highly not recommended.
Exercises for arthrosis of knee joints are better than drugs!Osteoarthritis or osteoarthrosis of the knee is a very complex pathology, and treatment requires an integrated approach. Therapeutic prophylaxis of arthrosis is an important element in the recovery of patients and consists of a variety of methods. One of these methods is therapeutic gymnastics - that is, special exercises for arthrosis of the knee joint. With the help of gymnastics it is possible to improve metabolism in the damaged joint, to increase muscle tone, to train the muscle corset and get rid of pain.
Also gymnastics and sports - this is the prevention of incomplete extension and flexion of the joint, that is, contracture. Therapeutic gymnastics is a good solution for the treatment of arthrosis of the knee joint, as well as a good charge for joint osteoarthritis.
Exercises for curing arthrosis of the knee joint are performed either in a recumbent or in a sitting position. This is done in order to reduce the physical load for the patients of the knees, then the treatment will be much more effective.
Therapeutic exercises for the knees and knee joint are an excellent tool for strengthening bone tissue, improving the physical and emotional state of a person, and also for strengthening the patient's cardiovascular system.
It is important to remember that gymnastics and gymnastics for the knees are performed only under the supervision of a specialist doctor: surgeon, orthopedist, rheumatologist, therapist. They choose the treatment individually for each patient.
The complex of exercises must be chosen in accordance with the patient's age, his state of health, and also taking into account the condition of his damaged joint.
In order to maintain the performance of all joints, including knee, you must perform a set of exercises every day, practice swimming, exercise therapy, walking on the stairs, yoga therapy.
By the time lessons should not exceed 30-40 minutes daily, and this time should be divided into several approaches - for 10 or 15 minutes.
When carrying out the whole complex of exercises, it is necessary to observe a certain balance between the time when the joint will be loaded and in the meantime, when the joint rest. In order that the cartilaginous tissues of the joint can be regenerated calmly and the treatment went painlessly, with arthrosis it is necessary to rest joints for every five to six hours.
All exercises must be performed smoothly, gradually increasing the amplitude of movements and the time spent on a set of exercises.
What does exercise therapy include, that is, exercise therapy? This gymnastics in the gym, outdoor sports, yoga, exercise bike, knee exercises, prevention of arthrosis. Doing any set of exercises, you need to fully focus on arthrosis or osteoarthritis, imagining that the treatment is most effective, that blood flow to the joint of the joint, and the knee itself recovers.
If there is a sudden pain in the knee joint, you must immediately stop the session and consult a rheumatologist or a therapist.
Exercises should be done every day, even through strength, and preferably several times. Only one physical education and desire will make the aching joints work in a new way, fill them with vitality and suspend the course of the disease.
Shoes should be without heels, comfortable, and, preferably, with orthopedic insoles. Also, for the unloading of the joint, it is better to use special devices, especially for osteoarthritis - insteps, knee pads, etc.
- Lying on your back, stretch your arms along the trunk and pull your toes to yourself, then pull your socks back. Then hands to sides, elbows to push forward and spread to the side. On the breath - to grow elbows, to exhale - to reduce. Then again put your hands along the trunk and alternately take away the right, then the left leg to the sides.
- Lying on one side to bend and unbend legs in the knees. Then take your legs back and return to their original position. Then bend and unbend the leg, which was on top.
- Lying on the back not to raise and lower your legs. After that, carry out a movement reminiscent of swimming in the pool.
It is important to hold the first complex for knee joints in the morning, while the legs and knees are not warmed up yet. After that, you can go to three classes and the treatment will be more effective. When osteoarthritis should be very accurate, monitor your body and listen to it. Therapeutic gymnastics is not a sport, you do not have to chase the records.
After the evening session on the sick joint, you can put an alcohol compress, and before going to bed swim in a coniferous bath. It will be like an additional set of exercises and prevention of arthrosis.
Walking on fresh air, in parks, in the forest is also very useful. Walking greatly strengthens muscles and joints, forcing the entire body to work and breathe. It is also practiced walking on your knees, though with unaccustomed it will be painful, but with time the joint will become stronger.
Swimming in the pool and water sports are very useful as prevention for those who experience severe pain when practicing in the gym under normal conditions. During training, the body weight decreases in water, which facilitates the pressure on the joint, and a gentle hydro-massage of the blood vessels and skin is also carried out, and this is beneficial for the body and joints. With arthrosis of the knee joint, all kinds of activities in the water will be useful: water charging, water walking, water "exercise bike", water sports, exercises for flexing the knee joint.
Hatha YogaWith arthrosis of the knee joint, hatha yoga is very helpful. During yoga, joints and muscles receive a small static load, but completely without the use of force and without movement. It is for these reasons - yoga is a very popular occupation for arthrosis.
Basic exercises for joints:
- Stand with straight back, legs shoulder width apart, freely lowered arms. Exhale, bend over, reach for your toes, stretch your body to the floor. You can not bend your legs, and you need to breathe calmly, measuredly. If you can not get very bent, you should wrap your legs around the legs and continue the exercise in this position.
- Standing on your lap on a soft mat, hold the body upright, and lower your arms. Slowly sit on your heels and hold on for 2-3 minutes.
- Sitting on the floor, stretch your legs in front of you. Then bend forward, grab with your hands the big toes( especially careful you have to be the patient who has arthrosis of the foot), knees can not be bent. Now slowly pull the body to the feet. This exercise should be done for 2 minutes.
Do it correctly and safely
During the treatment of joints, you can not engage in activities such as active sports, running, squats with weights, lifting weights, jumping in place, football sports, walking on rough mountainous terrain.
It is also not recommended to stay too long in the sitting, standing, kneeling, squatting, etc. position. Especially carefully it is necessary to watch your weight, because obesity has a very negative effect on a tired and damaged joint.
All exercises of exercise therapy should be done smoothly, without jerks, concentrating, you can to music. At the very beginning of the treatment of the joints, one must relax the limb, so that fresh blood flows to the joint and improves the natural lubrication of the cartilage. In case of pain and discomfort, especially with arthrosis and osteoarthritis of the knee joints, consult an orthopedist.
From studies you should not wait for the maximum result, do not load joints, this will only aggravate the situation. Better in the morning, slowly, lying in bed and watching TV, make a complex and think about the positive aspects.
Drug treatment is also an option for patients with arthrosis, but it is not necessary to take medicines without medical advice, they can give the opposite effect. For the treatment of joints warming ointments for the knee joint, cream with hondoprotectors, as well as home-made poultices and compresses, are suitable.
Therapeutic gymnastics and physical training with arthrosis of the knee joint
Therapeutic gymnastics with arthrosis of the knee joint is an effective way to treat this very unpleasant pathology. LFK underlies any scheme of treatment of the disease, at whatever stage of development it may be. In this issue, physicians have accumulated vast practical experience, and the developed methods provide the necessary efficiency.
An important condition for the correctness of the developed treatment program - therapeutic gymnastics for knee arthrosis should be individualized, taking into account the characteristics of the organism of the sick person. Accurate diagnosis of the stage of the disease and consideration of all factors is a guarantee that exercise therapy will become a real medicine for the patient.
The essence of the disease
Arthrosis of the knee joints, or gonarthrosis, is a degenerative disease that causes destruction of the cartilaginous tissue, joint deformity and disruption of the functions of the knee joint. The initial lesion of the cartilage tissue originates at the molecular level with a subsequent change in the structure of the substance, which leads to clouding, thinning and delaminating the cartilage, as well as cracking it in different directions.
In the clinical picture of the development of the disease, three main stages are distinguished. At the first stage, small anomalies of hyaline cartilage are noted, while the joint retains its shape. In its cavity accumulates fluid penetrating the popliteal fossa with the possibility of the appearance of Baker's cyst. Pain syndrome manifests itself when walking and prolonged standing( especially noticeable when descending the stairs), but passes in a state of rest.
The second stage is characterized by a significant thinning of the cartilage, up to the complete disappearance of the napkin. Edge proliferation of bone tissue and narrowing of the cracks develop. Any movements are accompanied by a pain syndrome, and for its weakening a long rest is necessary.
The main signs of the third stage are the disappearance of cartilage in a significant area, obvious bone sclerosis, the appearance of numerous osteophytes, a strong narrowing of the joint space. Pain syndrome is expressed by increased intensity and does not pass at rest. There is a certain limitation of joint mobility, muscle hypotrophy in the thigh and lower leg, bone deformation begins. Changes in the gait and shape of the extremities are noted.
The causes of gonarthrosis
The following main causes are distinguished in the etiology of the disease: hereditary predisposition, laid down at the gene level;old knee injuries;overweight person, causing increased stress on the knee joint;excessive physical exertion;disturbance of metabolic processes as a result of certain diseases, leading to intra-articular deposition of crystals( eg, uric acid);the age factor associated with natural degenerative processes.
Treatment of pathology
Currently, completely can not cure gonarthrosis, but it is possible to stop the destruction of tissues and ensure the full capacity for work of the person, applying an integrated approach to treatment. The current treatment scheme includes the following directions: wearing special knee braces to relieve the stresses from the medial sites;the appointment of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;a diet designed to lose weight;Physiotherapy exercises, including a special set of exercises;reception of muscle relaxants;physiotherapy;The introduction of hyaluronic acid for the replacement of synovial fluid;use of chondroprotectors;prescribing drugs to normalize blood supply and improve blood rheology;PRP-technique, based on the introduction of the drug for the restoration of cartilaginous tissue;surgical treatment if necessary( arthroscopy and arthroplasty of the joint).The most important element of treatment are physical exercises with arthrosis of the knee joint, incl. Special exercises for the elderly with arthrosis.
Basic principles of exercise therapy
LFK for arthrosis is a physical exercise that helps to develop the affected joint, improve the motor function, strengthen the muscles and increase their tone. Charge should be carried out according to an individual program, calculated for a long period of systematic treatment. The program should take into account the human condition, stage and phase of the disease;always draw attention to contraindications. In the period of remission exercises with arthrosis of the knee are performed more often, longer and with a greater load, and with exacerbation of the disease, the intensity is minimized.
The following basic principles are generally recognized: physical education should not cause pain;physical loads are initially assigned minimum in size and duration with increasing their intensity - the exercises begin with simple movements with gradual complication;Physical exercise with arthrosis should be regular( without prolonged interruptions).
General rules of
All the curative gymnastics schemes include basic rules that do not allow overloading and provide maximum efficiency, but under the main rule - do no harm:
- All movements are made smoothly, at a slowed pace, and their amplitude grows gradually.
- Exercises are conducted daily.
- The total duration of physical education during the day should not exceed 35-45 minutes with a separation of 3-4 periods in 10-15 minutes each.
- Rest after each session should be at least 4 hours.
- The number of repetitions of one exercise in the initial period( 12-14 days) is no more than 4-5 times with the subsequent increase to 6-10 times, if necessary.
- The exercise should begin with the relaxation of the leg muscles to improve the flow of blood.
- After each lesson, rest is provided - in a reclining position with relaxed elongated legs, slightly apart;bending of the legs in the knees or rest sitting is not recommended.
- Good consolidation of medical gymnastics - easy independent massage of the joint and the entire limb for 6-8 minutes.
Exercises of medical gymnastics
In LFK, gonarthrosis includes both very simple and more complex exercises, depending on the severity of joint damage.
They are conducted from a different starting position( IP): lying down, sitting and standing;and in the prone position on the bed there can be IP on the side, back or stomach.
Exercises in lying position. The most common exercises are exercises performed in the supine position on the back:
- PI: hands along the trunk;on inhalation, the arms are raised and withdrawn slightly backwards while bending the feet to themselves, exhaling to return to the FE.
- On inhalation, the knee is pulled to the abdomen on one leg, on exhalation - return to the FE;then the same exercise is performed with the other leg.
- The legs bend at the knees with the pelvis raised.
- IP: the legs are bent at the knees. First one leg goes up and down, then the same happens with the other leg.
- Spreading one straight leg to the side and returning;then the same with the other leg.
- IP: hands along the trunk;on inhalation both arms and leg rise, on exhalation - return to the FE.
- Repeats with the other leg.
- Exercise "Bike" for 12-15 seconds.
- Exercise "Scissors" with raised legs for 10-12 seconds.
In the supine position on the side, the exercises are performed first on the left and then on the right:
- The lower leg is bent at the knee, and the upper leg is raised to a height of 25-30 cm.
- Alternate flexion of the legs in the knee joint.
- Alternate retraction of the leg back and forth.
In the prone position on the abdomen, the following exercises are recommended:
- IP: hands under the chin;alternately legs in a straight state rise.
- On inspiration, the head and upper body rises without detaching legs from the surface, on exhalation - returning to the FE.Alternate flexion of the legs in the knee with the rise of the lower limb.
- Simulating swimmer movements when swimming with a crawl.
Exercises in a sitting position( sitting on a chair).It is possible to offer such exercises( IP - the back is straight, hands rest on the chair):
- "Shaking with the feet": rapid alternating flexion and extension of the legs in the knee.
- Alternately straighten the leg to the right angle with the fixation in the upper position for 2-3 seconds.
- Rising from a chair with a lift of hands and a quick return to the back.
- Raise both legs at right angles and dilute them to the side.
Exercises in standing position are carried out using a support on the back of a chair or table. Most often the following movements are carried out:
- Hands embrace the back of the chair;The legs are alternately withdrawn as far as possible.
- IP: standing sideways to the chair, hands on the back;alternate flies straight leg forward and backward.
Exercises for the Hatha Yoga system. When gonarthrosis, several exercises are included in the complex of Hatha Yoga exercises:
- IP: standing, feet shoulder width apart, arms lowered;inclination of the trunk with reaching the hands of the toes with a slight lowering of the trunk;breathing is even.
- FE: sitting on the knees, the body is upright, the arms are lowered;it is necessary to sit smoothly on the heels and stay in this state for 1.5-2 minutes.
- IP: sitting on the floor, legs straight;slow inclination without flexing of legs, duration of exercise - 1,5-2 minutes.
Physical exercises should be combined with outdoor walks, swimming, bathing procedures, solarium, and also combined with physiotherapy procedures and therapeutic massage. Be healthy!
Osteoarthritis of the knee joint: exercise bike, walking, sport, yoga, swimming and running
Doctors unequivocally state that it is contraindicated to run with the second degree of arthrosis of the knee joint. Even with initial changes in the joints, the benefits of running are not supported by everyone. You can recommend only light short runs. But in any case it is necessary to consult with the attending physician to assess the benefit-risk ratio. To run or not at an arthrosis of a knee joint - the qualified expert will solve, having considered all for and against each concrete case.
Can I crouch with knee arthrosis?
Carefully it is necessary to treat and squats. Many doctors with osteoarthritis of the knee do not recommend them to be carried out at all, while others - as much as possible to limit, try to meet the following conditions:
- Do squats in such a way as not to completely bend your knees. In this case, the load on the joint is less.
- If you do not recommend squats yet, then you can perform such an exercise: lying on your back and not tearing it from the floor surface, bend the knee, trying to pull up the heel to the buttock.
- It is good to perform squats with arthrosis of the knee in water, as the load on the joint becomes smaller.
It should be remembered that incorrect squats, even in healthy people, can lead to further development of arthrosis of the knee joint. Therefore, follow the exercises according to the medical recommendations.
Swimming with knee arthrosis
Swimming is an excellent versatile tool for treating many diseases of the musculoskeletal system. Being in water, the body experiences much less stress on the joints due to the reduction in body weight. To be engaged in swimming is useful at any age and at any articulate pathology, including with an arthrosis of a knee joint. In this case, the unloading of the affected joints takes place, the muscles relax, and the movements become smooth and unsharp.
The amplitude of exercise in the water increases, as the limbs experience less resistance. There is an opportunity to strengthen those structures that are responsible for the stabilization of the knee. These include:
- The quadriceps muscle of the thigh and its tendon.
- Calf muscle and its tendon.
- Medial and lateral lateral ligaments.
- Rear cruciate ligament.
The style and method of swimming varies depending on the affected joints. With osteoarthritis of the knee, you can swim in the style of "breaststroke", as well as a freestyle on the chest or back. If the technique of navigation suffers, then first the working off of the movements in the water at the rim is shown.
You can swim not only in the pool, but also in open reservoirs.
It is especially useful in cases of arthrosis to be in seawater, since the body weight in this case becomes even less, and the mineral salts have an additional positive effect.
Joint tissues absorb the necessary natural components, improving their trophicity and circulation. In addition, in the context of sanatorium treatment, mud baths, which also facilitate the unloading of the joint and supply the cartilage and bone tissue with useful substances, will be superfluous.
Swimming will not only provide a faster recovery, but also help prevent arthrosis of the knee in people at increased risk. This is an excellent preventive tool and a good opportunity to always be in shape.
Exercise bike with knee arthrosis
Therapeutic exercise in osteoarthritis includes a wide range of gymnastic exercises. Treatment of arthrosis of the knee joint is strictly individual: those gymnastic procedures that are shown to one patient may not be suitable for another. Therefore, all movements with the use of simulators are performed under the strict supervision of the doctor and in accordance with his recommendations.
As already known, the joints for their normal functioning should be stressed.
With the help of adequate exercises, there is a slowdown in the destruction of cartilage and an increase in mobility in the knee.
However, incorrectly applying such methods, it is possible to achieve the directly opposite effect - acceleration of cartilage destruction.
To exercise on a stationary bike should be cautious, remembering the following:
- The tension experienced by the knee joint during training often does not meet the necessary requirements.
- You can only do it with the minimum load.
- You can replace the simulator with the help of the exercise "bike": lying on your back perform such movements as when riding this type of transport.
According to many orthopedic trauma doctors, it is necessary to treat knee arthrosis using a treadmill and an exercise bike selectively so as not to harm the patient.
Yoga for knee osteoarthritis
The best option for patients with arthrosis of the knee joint will be yoga exercises. According to the eastern views, arthrosis causes incorrect circulation of energy flows in the body. According to Ayurveda, various sets of exercises from yoga are recommended to treat the disease depending on its type. There are three types of the disease:
- Arthrosis of the Vata type - pain pulsates, radiates to neighboring areas, intensifies in the cold and decreases in heat, a crunch and creak in the joints is characteristic. People of this type are nervous, excitable, suffering from causeless fears.
- Pitta type arthrosis - manifested by severe pain, which is worse in the warmth and passes in the cold, edema of the articular region, and increased body temperature. Additionally, diarrhea and sweating are of concern.
- Arthrosis of Kapha type - pain almost permanent, intensifying at rest, damp areas, but stopping in movement. Characterized by a marked swelling of the skin around the joint.
You can do yoga without fearing to injure the knee, because in this case the movements are carried out smoothly, muscle spasms are eliminated, their mild warming takes place, the tone returns. There is no overload of joints, and, hence, traumatization of cartilaginous tissue. And most importantly, yoga pays great attention to the proper breathing technique, thanks to which the tissues are saturated with oxygen.
For arthrosis of the Watt-type knee, such yoga elements that will reduce inflammation and pain are suitable:
- Complex of special exercises for the prevention and treatment of arthrosis
How to cure arthrosis
The method and its intensity of impact on the disease directly depend on a particular person,suffering from arthrosis. During periods of exacerbation of this unpleasant disease it is better to undergo a full course of inpatient treatment. If the period of remission has come, then many specialists recommend medical rehabilitation, and afterwards - physical methods for complete restoration of the knee joint.
However, it should be noted that medication for knee arthrosis plays an extremely small role, despite the fact that it is widely used in such situations. After all, the solution to such a serious problem depends directly on its prevention. Correct rest, reasonable distribution of labor and an active lifestyle of a person will allow for many years to maintain an excellent tonal and muscular, and vascular system and, of course, constantly monitor the mass of your body. LFK with arthrosis of the knee joint and the use of massage are extremely necessary to improve blood supply to the joints.
arthrosis often affects the knee
Such a complex disease as arthrosis of the knee joint, requires an integrated approach. Among the many methods of treatment is not the last role assigned to curative gymnastics. With its help, the metabolism in the joints will improve and the muscle tone will increase. Also, such gymnastics is an excellent prevention of contracture( incomplete extension and flexion of the joints).
Exercises to help restore the knee joint
When diagnosed with arthrosis of the knee joint, the set of exercises should be such that it will support all the physiological volume of motion necessary for damaged joints. Basically, due to this, all the cartilages in the aching joint will have the ability to continue to perform their working functions, and the surrounding muscle groups and ligaments will become stronger. How it is necessary to conduct training for the best result:
- When approaching each exercise, it is necessary to take into account the balance between the resting state and the loads on the aching joints. All involved must necessarily give time to the affected arthrosis joints rest - every 5-6 hours. This is the optimal time for regeneration of all articular cartilage.
- With the diagnosis of arthrosis of the knee joints, the complex of exercises should last for 40-50 minutes each day. Only in this way can you achieve the greatest effect. This time in turn is better divided into intervals of 15 minutes.
- Starting with very slow movements, gradually increase their amplitude.
- When doing the exercises, all your attention should be focused on the patient's joint. One can think about how the blood flows to the knee, and the joint begins to recover.
Useful water procedures
exercises in the
group In arthrosis of the knee joint, exercises in water will be suitable first of all for those who do not leave pain in normal conditions during training. Also, classes in the pool have their own additional undisputable benefits.
- The body weight is reduced, which can not, in turn, not contribute to reducing the load on the diseased joints. This greatly facilitates the implementation of special exercises.
- In the water during gymnastics there is also an involuntary hydromassage of the skin, of all superficial tissues and blood vessels - this gives its unquestionable benefit to both joints and the body as a whole.
With such an unpleasant disease as arthrosis of the knee joints, you will be useful for all movements in which you need to bend your legs.
For knees with arthrosis below are those basic exercises that must necessarily be involved in any medical gymnastics.
- Ordinary walking - 5-10 min.
- Slow walking, with knees rising above the waist - 5 min.
- Also slow walking, when you need to try to bring alternately the shins back and try to reach the heel to the buttocks - 5 min.
- Not fully crouch 15-25 times.
- It is compulsory to engage in swimming, any style is allowed, but the legs should be maximally involved.
Healing from arthrosis with hatha yoga exercises
Performing special exercises, using asanas, has a beneficial effect on muscles and joints. They, without unnecessary unnecessary movements and active muscle contractions, receive the necessary static load. That is why asana-yoga is extremely useful for arthrosis of knee joints.
- You have to stand up straight, your arms are down, your legs are shoulder-width apart. Exhale, torso bend forward and, holding hands with your thumbs on your legs, try to pull a little to the floor of the body. Do not bend your knees as far as possible, breathe calmly. Stay in this position for 1 minute, after taking the starting position. If there is no way to reach the toes, then you can grab your shins from behind with your hands and in this case do exercises.
- A soft mat on the floor. First we kneel, we hold the trunk as vertically as possible, hands are lowered. Then we sit down on the heels. In this position should be 2-4 minutes.
- We sit on the floor, legs stretch out in front of us. Slowly lean forward and touch the big toes, knees, if possible, do not bend. The minimum time for this exercise is 2-3 minutes.
yoga to help the sick joints
Gymnastics for the knee joints will bring many benefits if performed regularly three times a day for 30 minutes. However, if the mobility in the affected joint is limited and not only when walking is concerned with pain, it is not recommended to perform standing exercises.
Physical exercises with arthrosis of the knee joint should be carried out quietly, without hurrying. The number of repetitions in the first two weeks should not exceed 4-6.Then the number of repetitions can be increased to 8-10 times and already begin to perform a full set of exercises. If there is a time limit, you can choose from the whole complex of 10-12 exercises.
You can not put cushions or cushions under your knee, if suddenly muscle fatigue or pain occurs during exercise. Also it is forbidden, resting from gymnastics, to bend a leg in a knee. Such provisions greatly contribute to the fact that the flexural contracture may develop over time, which subsequently is very difficult to eliminate.
Resting is best lying on your back with your legs straightened, diluted to the sides, and relax your muscles. To achieve complete relaxation in the muscles, it is possible to sag and lift the leg from the bed. Reduction of pain and recovery of movements after special gymnastics come after 30-40 minutes.
Complex of special exercises for the prevention and treatment of arthrosis
Therapeutic exercises for the knee joint are primarily in properly selected and performed exercises.
exercises in sitting position
Sitting on the bed:
- We put our feet together and lower them to the floor. Bend and unbend one at a time in the knees, the feet freely slide on the floor. Breath is calm.
- The same is the starting position. Deeply inhaled, pulled his hand to his stomach knee, exhaled. Repeat the same steps with the other leg.
- The position of the body is the same. Slowly straighten your legs, feet on yourself.
- Straightened, right is lowered to the bottom. We make a half turn to the left with a hand lying on the knee of the left leg. During a deep exhalation, make two inclines and press gently with both hands on the knee joint, as if we want to straighten it. The same exercise is repeated with the other leg.
- We put on the floor feet on the width of the shoulders, hands on the knees. We get up, we spread our hands in both directions, take a breath. Sit down, put our hands on your knees - exhale.
- Lying on the bed, straighten your legs as much as possible, put your hands on your knees. Stretch the thigh muscles 25 times in 40 seconds. At the time of strain, both popliteal fossa must necessarily be pressed against the bed. Normal breathing.
- The same position. We press our knees heavily with our hands and try to resist the pressure, slightly moving the hips to the right and left alternately. Normal breathing.
- The same position. With free breathing, we keep our legs straight, bred and we reduce them in different directions, without helping our hands.
- The same position. We inhale, we spread our hands to the sides and pull both knees to our stomachs, we lower our heads to our knees - exhale.
- Do not change the position. Hands bred in the sides - a deep breath, touch the hands with your feet - a deep exhalation. We turn over on the back.
- We lay down on the back, stretching our arms along the trunk. Then raise both hands first up, then back. We pull ourselves, while we try to pull our feet to ourselves - we inhale. We slowly lower our hands, relax our legs - exhale.
- Do not change the position. Deeply inhaled - pulled one knee with his hands to his stomach - exhaled. Repeat the exercise with the other leg.
- The same position. Raise the pelvis, bending both legs in the knees. Breathing is free.
- The same position. Slowly bend your knees. Right leg straighten up, lowered. Repeat the same with the other leg.
- Do not change the position. One straight leg should be taken to the side as far as possible, to return to its original position. The same we repeat with the other leg.
- The same position. A leg and both arms to raise simultaneously upwards - to inhale deeply. On exhalation - hands and a raised leg to lower. Repeat the same exercise with the other leg.
- Repeat the movement of the bike for 30 seconds. We keep the breath normal.
- We turn over on the stomach. We put both hands under the chin. Breath we try not to delay, we lift in turn straight legs.
- We lift the shoulders, head and straightened legs, bend - deeply inhale. We relax completely all the muscles, we lower the head and both legs - as much as possible exhale. We stand on our feet.
- We put our hands in the back of the chair, we take the legs one by one as far as possible. Breath is calm.
- We put one hand on the back of the chair and turn to it sideways. We swing one by one with our feet forward and backwards. Breath is calm.
These simple but very effective exercises will help to strengthen the effect of drug treatment and again enjoy the movement without pain.