Why the knee swells and hurts when bending
Many people suffer from pain in their knees from time to time. This is not surprising, because every day we put our knees under great strain.
The biggest risk group in this issue are athletes.
But the trauma can also arise in the case of an ordinary person engaged in active rest when performing work related to physical efforts.
The knee is the largest and most functionally complex joint in our body. Although the knee joint is large in size, it is a fairly vulnerable place in terms of its structure. To understand why, briefly describe the anatomy of the knee.
Anatomical brief course
Anatomy under the notion of the knee means the knee joint. The knee joint is indeed the main part of the knee.
But in the formation of the knee, as part of the leg, the muscles of the thigh and lower leg, mainly their tendons, also take part.
In the formation of the knee joint involved condyles of the femur, the upper articular surface of the tibia and the patella. To soften the tremors during movements, two meniscus contribute: medial and lateral.
Basically, the movement when the leg is bent and unbent at the knee joint occurs between the condyles of the femur and the meniscus. The knee joint also strengthens a number of ligaments.
About what pain in the knee
Usually knee pain during flexion and extension is associated with damage to one of its components.
In case of severe knee injury, swelling and local temperature increase may occur.
The knee often hurts, including flexion, after an injury.
Injury may be caused by a severe knee injury, a blow against a hard object or a fall. When a trauma occurs immediately manifestations of pain, there is a bruise and swelling.
Because of the swelling, nerve endings are squeezed, which leads to a feeling of numbness or a feeling of tingling in the knee or shin.Severe pain in the knee is typical for injuries to ligaments and tendons of the knee joint, meniscus lesions, fractures, knee dislocations and patella.
If the pain manifests when flexing
Among the reasons why the knee is very sore while bending, the following can be distinguished:
- Rheumatoid arthritis is a systemic autoimmune disease of connective tissue, which is characterized by joint damage and the further development of destructive changes in them. In the initial stages, pain in the knee occurs only during movement or flexion, but in the future, pain disturbs the person and at rest. In the joint area there is swelling and redness. For rheumatoid arthritis is characterized by morning stiffness, lasting at least an hour.
- Gouty arthritis occurs due to the deposition of uric acid salts in articular and periarticular tissues. It is characterized by acute, unbearable pain in the knee joint, which is strengthened with the slightest movements or attempts to change the position.
- Osteoarthritis of the knee ( gonarthrosis) is a chronic progressive destructive disease of the knee joint, arising from various causes. Gonarthrosis is characterized by pains of a mechanical nature, disturbing at first only when the joint is loaded. When performing flexion, the pain may extend to the shin and thigh. Palpation is determined by soreness of the joint, its compaction and restriction in motion. In later stages, joint deformity occurs, its increase in volume, joint joint narrowing. If you do not make timely treatment, a person faces disability.
- Tendonitis is an inflammatory process of the knee ligament apparatus. The most common among athletes. The main symptom is the pain that occurs in the anterior region of the knee and only with physical exertion.
- Bursitis is an inflammatory process of the periarticular bag. Most often bursitis develops on the background of injuries, frequent mechanical damage to the joint and infections. Pain occurs when performing active activities involving the knee joint. The joint blushes, becomes swollen and sometimes significantly increases in volume.
- Osgood-Schlatter disease is an osteochondropathy of tuberosity of the tibia. It occurs usually in adolescence in males actively engaged in running sports. The disease is characterized by intense pain in the knee and lower leg when flexing in the knee joint. Usually, in a state of rest, pain does not arise.
Sometimes pain in the knee joint can occur due to sciatica nerve inflammation or when the subcutaneous nerve branches are infringed, for example, when wearing high, narrow boots.
The cause of pain in flexion can be dissecting osteochondritis - a disease in which the bone region becomes dead and its rejection into the joint space.
This disease is characterized by pains of a constant, noisy nature localized on the anterior or anteroposterior surface of the knee joint.
The following acute injuries also can cause pain:
- meniscus injury;
- rupture of ligaments and tendons;
- tibial tear ligament;
- fracture of the upper portion of the lower leg, lower femur, patella;
- patellar dislocation;
- knee dislocation.
One of the frequent causes of knee pain in young people is the chondromalation of the patella. Details of treatment and prevention should be known to every athlete and not only.
What kinds of pains exist
There are several different types of pain in the knee joint:
- Sudden pain is typical for fresh injuries, joint block with meniscus lesions, and also for the introduction of bone elements into soft tissues.
- Aching occurs in the case of chronic joint processes: inflammation, the initial stages of arthrosis, or vascular disorders.
- Shooting is typical for inflammatory processes involving nerve endings.
- Strong happens in case of infringement of a nerve, the block at breaks of a meniscus and other sharp traumas.
- The constant is characteristic for spasms of nearby muscles, capsule fibrosis, reactive synovitis and neuropathies.
- Pulsating occurs during the acute inflammatory processes of soft tissue, for the initial stages of rheumatoid arthritis and vascular disorders.
- Cutting indicates a break in the meniscus and the junction block, or on the pinching of the nerve.
- Drawing is characteristic for various stages of development of the majority of pathologies.
- Pain below the knee occurs during injuries to menisci, tendons and ligaments, fractures of the patella and periosteal detachment.
- Pain above the knee indicates coxarthrosis, back problems and vascular disorders.
- The spreading pain is characteristic of rheumatoid arthritis.
Diagnostic methodsThe most common diagnostic method is radiography .It is usually carried out in two projections: direct and lateral.
Usually, a one-shot direct snapshot of both knee joints is made for comparison. In the lateral projection, the function of the joint can be evaluated, with the maximum extension being the ratio of the hip and shank axis.
Often, doctors perform diagnostic puncture of the joint, the resulting joint fluid is sent to a laboratory study.
Also, to specify the diagnosis, such instrumental methods of investigation are prescribed:
- magnetic resonance imaging;
- radionuclide diagnostics;
First aidIn case of pain in the knee, ice should be applied to the joint. The compress should not last longer than 20 minutes.
You can try to remove the pain syndrome with medicines such as aspirin, acetaminophen, naproxen, dexalgin.
For chronic pains, you can wear special orthopedic insoles, helping to redistribute your weight. But still, it is better to see a doctor for the diagnosis of the disease in the early stages.
What treatment is prescribed by
A mandatory component of the treatment, if the knee is badly sore while flexing, is reducing the load on the joint.
During periods of exacerbation, patients are shown a strict bed rest. Shoes should be worn soft and comfortable.
The goals of conservative treatment are:
- improvement of the overall functional activity of the affected leg;
- pain reduction;
- slowing down the progression process.
Conservative treatment includes the use of anti-inflammatory drugs, chondroprotectors, providing restoration of elasticity of cartilage tissue and its mechanical integrity, local treatment.
Local treatment is carried out by applying gels, ointments, aerosols and compresses.Conservative treatment is effective only in the early stages of the disease. When untimely diagnosis is necessary to resort to surgical intervention.
The arthroscopic operation is most often performed. In advanced cases, joint replacement is performed.
If you do not treat ailments for a long time, permanent unbearable pain can occur, as a result, a significant deterioration in the quality of life, disability and disability.
In order not to bring yourself to this state and surgical treatment, it is necessary to contact a qualified specialist in a timely manner.
What if the knees swell and ache?
What if the knees swell and ache? Of course, do not engage in self-treatment, and visit a specialist to find out the exact diagnosis. Swelling in the knees can occur for many reasons. This includes damage to the knee cartilage, and inflammation of the periarticular bags. The pathological process can be associated with tendons and ligaments. Therefore, before you begin treatment, you must know the exact cause.
If swollen and aching knees, then you need to pay attention to the remaining symptoms. Often people complain of stiffness in joint movements. The knee can not practically make lateral movements and does not completely bend. Often pain in the joint is accompanied by hyperemia. This causes swelling, the affected area is slightly hotter than the other leg. All these symptoms in the complex may indicate the development of arthritis of the knee joint.
Another reason for swelling and pain in the knees is bursitis. This disease develops in articular bags, causing a strong inflammation of their mucous membranes. The main symptoms of bursitis are similar to arthritis - they are swelling and swelling, which are often accompanied by redness. The causes of the disease lie in the loads, under which there is a slight deformation of the articular bags. They seem to be flattened. Over time, this condition leads to inflammation. The mucous begins to produce a large amount of liquid, its surpluses do not have time to be absorbed. As a result, edema is formed. The knee swells. There is discomfort when walking, in severe cases the joint becomes inactive and stiff.
The cause of edema in the knee area may be bruises in the fall. In this case, ligaments and tendons are injured. They become inflamed. The person swells and knees ache, he feels pain when walking and sitting in an uncomfortable position. Such an inflammatory process has several degrees of severity. The length of the treatment depends on how badly the ligament is damaged. Typically, the disease passes in a couple of weeks.So what if you have pain and swelling of your knee? Treatment should be timely. Acute inflammatory processes eventually become chronic. The disease will return again for several years. Currently, there is a large number of folk remedies that help to remove not only the pain syndrome, but also swelling. But do not dwell only on them. Traditional medicine is very effective, but only in combination with drugs prescribed by a doctor.
If the knee is very swollen, the treatment is prescribed only after a thorough examination and the delivery of all necessary tests. To relieve the condition and relieve the pain, apply a cold compress. A hot-water bottle with cold water, and a bag of ice will do. This will reduce the tumor a little. When walking, do not forget to use a fixative bandage. But first you need to ask the doctor about this. In some cases, this dressing is contraindicated. And the last. As you know, the knees suffer very much from the loads, so if a person is overweight, he needs to go on a diet and bring the body weight back to normal.
Knee swollen and sore: what to do, treatment, reasons, folk remedies
The reasons why the knee is swollen and sore can be, a lot. However, whatever the reasons for discomfort in the knee joint, the main question arises - what to do? Swollen knees are a serious reason to think about your own health.
As a matter of fact, a tumor in the region of the knee is a symptom of the pathology of the musculoskeletal system. Most often its cause are: trauma, gout, bursitis, osteoporosis and other diseases.
The knee joint on all sides is covered with an articular bag that has an outer and inner shell.
On the outer shells of the articular bag are pouches with mucus. The human body is arranged in such a way that all the moving parts of the skeleton continuously rub against each other. And these bags with slime just do help to reduce friction and facilitate movement. It can be said that a slimy bag is a kind of shock absorber with a liquid, located between surfaces rubbing between each other. Thanks to the bags, the process of friction is painless and without damage.
Knees can swell differently. Sometimes the tumor is almost invisible, and in some cases it reaches huge proportions, rising above the knee level by 7-8 cm.
The most common causes of edema of the knee
Most often the knee swells and hurts because of the following reasons:
- tendonitis( inflammation in the tendons).Tendons are thick fibers of connective tissue. With the help of these fibers, the muscles are attached to the bones. When the tendons are injured or inflamed, the knee begins to ache and swell;
- knee ligament injury. In the knee area, severe swelling and severe pain can occur due to stretching or rupturing of ligaments;
- knee injury, usually accompanied by redness, swelling and pain during movements;
- osteoporosis of the knee is accompanied by different degrees of pain and swelling;
- misalignment of the knee cap is often accompanied by discomfort and swelling;
- septic arthritis is manifested by sharp pains, redness and even febrile condition;
- rheumatoid arthritis manifests itself as a swollen knee and aching pain;
- bursitis or inflammation of the joint bag. This disease manifests itself with pronounced edema and severe pain when trying to bend a painful leg in the knee;
- gout. If the cause of the tumor lies in this disease, the knee can periodically swell and hurt for several days, and then, suddenly subside, and so on until the next time.
Treatment of edema and pain in the knee
If you have damaged your knee or it suddenly became very sick and swollen, you can try to help yourself with some types of pre-medical care:
- it is necessary for the patient to rest;
- is allowed to apply to the place of edema of cold compress from ice, but no more than for 20 minutes;
- well relieves pain and knee swelling alcohol tincture from flowers of horse chestnut, which is prepared from the calculation: 50 dry flowers per 500 ml of vodka. The mixture is insisted in a glass bowl, 2 weeks in a dark place;
- is useful to do on a sore spot iodine grid.
Often, with knee injuries, athletes and people with an active lifestyle face. The sensations arising in the damaged joint are unpleasant, often it is necessary to get out of the schedule of trainings. Which is especially unpleasant. However, one of the most important rules for knee injuries is not to stop moving. Even in cases where the knee area has been subjected to surgical intervention, it is necessary to engage in active rehabilitation of the affected joint.
Begins recovery after illness with the most minimal loads and simple and short physical exercises. After all, the initial task is to try to return the injured muscles as soon as possible back to the system. Forcing the muscles to work, you can regain mobility of the joint and the ability to fully move.
During the examination of the problem knee joint, the doctor may consider it necessary to appoint an MRI or CT scan( computerized tomography), as well as an X-ray. If a specialist has a suspicion of having an infection - then you will have to donate blood for analysis. In some cases, it is possible to take a joint puncture. Naturally, the treatment depends entirely on the diagnosis established by the doctor.
Of course, no one can protect himself from the possibility of getting a knee injury. However, there is a category of people who, for various reasons, are at risk:
- are those who are obese. People who are overweight are more likely to suffer from pain in the knee area, since it is the feet that account for the bulk of the body weight;
- are those who constantly face high physical stress;
- women who are over 40;
- people who, by virtue of their activities or for other reasons, lead an inactive way of life. These people have a serious lack of muscle flexibility;
- people with some anatomical features, for example, with flat feet.
If at least one of the above risk factors is relevant to you, try to take it as a rule never to overload your own knees.
Those who are overweight should think about the correction of nutrition and lifestyle.
If there is a sudden domestic or sports injury of the knee joint area, and pain was added to the pain, you should take an anesthetic, for example: Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Paracetamol. Try to use the cane while walking.
Thus, you can avoid deterioration of the joint. In no case do not neglect your state of health and try to visit a specialist as soon as possible. And until then, put a fixing bandage on the aching joint and provide him with maximum peace.
Only after the installation of an accurate diagnosis can begin comprehensive treatment, exercise and gymnastics.
Folk remedies for knee pain
Folk medicine knows about everything and will support everyone who comes to her for help. So, and treatment of various diseases of the knee joint is not alien to folk remedies and "grandmother's" recipes.
For the removal of edema and pain, warm baths are shown from the herb of saber, eucalyptus, mint, fir;
If the treating doctor is not prohibited, it is useful to knead the knee in circular motions using such creams as "Troxevasin", "Sofya", etc.;
It is necessary to take in equal quantities the flowers of horse chestnut, leaves of plantain, and white cabbage. All this is triturated to a homogeneous mass and superimposed on the diseased knee as a compress( under the film) for 4-6 hours.
The internal state of the patient is very important. Of course, a large knee and restrictions in movement can make anyone, but constant irritation can become a significant barrier to recovery. Therefore, try to tune in to a positive mood. Relaxation and auto-training are considered useful for the patient. Avoid unpleasant communication and stressful situations.
Physical exercises are necessary for the patient's joint to regain its former mobility. However, before proceeding to the exercises, it is necessary to obtain the permission of the attending physician. So, if there are no contraindications, you should start to do a daily stretching of the sick leg, gradually increasing the load on it.
Lying on your back, on the floor, try to pull forward your aching leg, stretching your socks, count to 5. Then, relax and let your leg rest.
Lying on your back, on a firm surface, raise your foot with a sick joint above the floor level by 15 cm, try to make a stop motion "semicircle" in one and the other side. If this is easy for you, you can make several such movements, if not, then, for starters, one or two is enough.
Sitting on a chair, lean your back against the back of the piece of furniture and with your hands, spread your knees aside, then bring them together. You need to do this slowly.
The basic principles and rules for the prevention of knee diseases, as mentioned above, is the wise distribution of physical and sports load. It is very important to monitor your own weight.
Try to avoid such popular, but very harmful modern food, like chips, mayonnaise, sweet fizzy drinks, energy. Maximum exclude from your diet animal fats, sweet pastries, salty and very spicy dishes. Try daily to eat sour-milk products, poultry, sea fish, various seafood, vegetables, greens and fruits.
Pay attention to the shoes that you wear. As a rule, knee diseases are most often observed in women. One of the explanations for this is wearing shoes with heels. Therefore, it makes sense to abandon elegant shoes with stilettos in favor of shoes on a more comfortable sole if, for example, you plan to go to the store or park for a walk.
Daily gymnastics is very important. In extreme cases, take yourself for a walk at least to the store and back. Remember that the scourge of modern man - lack of mobility. And it is she who deprives many people of the ability to function fully.Find an orthopedist and make an appointment
Knee swollen and sore - what's the reason?
Problems in the functioning of the limbs will be immediately noticed, since in this case the movement of a person will be difficult. Yes, and pain and discomfort will certainly be felt. And what if the swelling and swelling of the knee? Because of what it can happen?
For a start, it's worth mentioning some of the symptoms that can accompany pain and swelling:
- Redness may occur in the lesion site.
- The skin on the site will be hot to the touch.
- The nature of the manifestations can be different. The pain can be sharp, sharp and sharp or stupid, aching and pulling.
- Unpleasant sensations can occur at different times with different problems. Some people have knee pain after exercise or physical activity, others suffer sutra or even at night.
- Body temperature may increase.
- Often the mobility of the limb is limited and difficult. In some cases, when bending the leg in the knee, unpleasant sensations increase.
- Pain can also increase with pressure on the knee joint area.
How to identify the problem?
How to find out what is causing the knee pain and swelling? To do this, first, remember if there were any injuries or damage. Probably, you hit something and safely forgot about it, getting a bruise or even a crack. The doctor will by all means ask you when exactly unpleasant sensations appear.
The specialist will examine and feel the knee joint. You will definitely be assigned an X-ray. But even a snapshot does not always provide a complete and accurate picture. So in certain cases, magnetic resonance imaging can be shown. If fluid( or compaction) is found, then joint puncture( puncture and taking the contents for analysis) will be required.
Because of what it can be?
The reasons for unpleasant sensations in the knee can be many. Let us dwell in more detail on each.
Injuries and injuries
The most common cause of pain is injury and injury. For example, it could be:
- Normal bruise. In its place, most likely, there will be a bruise as a result of a hemorrhage. By touch, the site will be painful and enlarged. There may be unpleasant sensations when moving with the foot, but often insignificant.
- A crack in the bone. Everything is much more complicated here. Edema and hemorrhage also occur, but the pain will be more intense. Over time, the mobility of the leg may be limited.
- Fracture. At the time of such a trauma, the pain is sharp and sharp, the tumor is significant. You will not be able to step on your foot.
- Stretching is a fairly common phenomenon. Unpleasant sensations occur mainly during flexion and extension of the leg in the knee or under tension.
- A break in the meniscus. In most cases, the pain in the knee is localized in the back, it is strong and sharp.
If the knee hurts after a bruise, then you must definitely consult a doctor to exclude serious damage and correct the situation. But you can provide first aid. So, to the area of damage you need to put something cold( for example, a piece of ice) for 10-15 minutes. Limbs need to provide complete peace. With severe pain, you can take an anesthetic. After that, you still need to go to the emergency room.
Arthritis and arthrosis
Another cause of pain and swelling are joint diseases such as arthritis and arthrosis. The first is characterized by inflammation of the joint tissue, which can be caused by heavy loads, infections of a different nature and even a decrease in immunity. Pain often occurs at night, sutra, or after hypothermia. Treatment involves, first of all, the removal of inflammation with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or corticosteroids. Analgesics and local remedies for the elimination of swelling may also be prescribed.
Osteoarthritis is a degenerative change occurring in the joint, leading to its gradual destruction. Most often, unpleasant sensations are observed after a long rest of the foot. For treatment, chondroprotectors and pain medications can be used.
Bursitis is an inflammation of the periarticular bag. The cause of it may be damage, excessive loads or concomitant diseases of the musculoskeletal system. The affected area will be swollen, hot to the touch, redness will occur. Therapy involves the use of anti-inflammatory and analgesic agents. In some cases, joint puncture and fluid removal are indicated.
This disease is characterized by inflammation of the joint membrane with the subsequent accumulation of exudate in the adjacent cavity. Most often the disease develops after damage. Symptoms are similar to manifestations of other inflammatory processes localizing in the joint region: pains worse with movements, mobility restriction, swelling and redness. Treatment is necessary! Inflammation needs to be removed, and excess fluid is removed by puncture.
To avoid pain in the knees, you should follow some recommendations:
- Keep track of your weight, as its excess is a big load on the joints.
- Keep an active lifestyle.
- Avoid heavy loads( especially without preparation).
- Eat right and balanced and give up bad habits.
Pain in the knee when bending
Quite often a person is forced to abandon all his plans due to the fact that there is severe pain in the knee when flexing. I must say that in general acute pain greatly frightens. And when it comes to the fact that there is a difficulty in moving, then this moment worries even more and here it is necessary to immediately go to the doctor - traumatologist. But let's first try to understand on our own why this situation can arise.
When considering the situation when the knee is hurting during extension and in other actions, it is worth starting with an explanation of the direct work of the knee joint. When walking, the biggest joint is the knee. He is most susceptible to constant stress. Negative influence occurs when walking, when playing sports and any other loads. If the knee hurts when bending - then, this is a sure sign of injury. Consider possible diseases that cause knee pain during extension and what to do in such situations. It is very important to study the whole situation from the very beginning, since the treatment will come from exactly the symptoms and causes.
Causes of pain when flexing
So, it is probably necessary to start with the fact that the most obvious reason for this situation is, of course - injuries and excessive loads. When the pain occurs in adolescents, then we can assume the disease Osgood-Schlatter. In this situation, pain occurs after exercising. Speaking professionally, this is the primary osteochondropathy of the tibia. In this case, pain in the knee during flexion may occur at the moment of descent down the stairs. But it is worth saying that this condition can be completely completed within a month. In rare cases, it changes into a chronic form.
If you noticed that with discomfort in the knee joint there is also a crunch - this is the right cause of arthrosis. It often happens that this symptom is not given importance, and then a very bad situation arises. Initially, you can see that when flexing the pain in the knee arise only during walking and squatting. And as soon as the joint warms up all the unpleasant sensations disappear. However, if you do not deal with this issue, the pain will cease to disappear and it will be impossible to walk normally to the person.
There is another case that causes such discomfort. This is an inflammation of the articular bags. The medical name for this symptom is bursitis. In this case, the knee joint loses significantly in the ability to move and constantly hurts. It is also very important to note that there is swelling and redness on the body.
At the doctor's office, you can also hear a diagnosis of the pathology of the patella cartilage, which can also affect the painful sensations in the joint. In this case, the focus of pain occurs in the anterior part of the knee. There is a significant increase in pain when descending the stairs. If a person simply sits, then the pain becomes aching. And with ordinary walking there is a crunch. Also, the question "why does the knee ache during flexion?" Can be answered that this is a sign of rheumatoid arthritis. In this case, pain occurs at the moment of the bend and there is an increase in temperature in this area, swelling and fever.
There is another unpleasant disease, which in medicine is designated as - Baker's cyst. This symptom indicates a fluid that accumulates under the knee. This accumulation is preceded by a hernia, which is located on the knee joint. Also on the occurrence of this disease can indicate the rupture of the capsule and meniscus and of course - damage to the cartilage. It is worth noting that this diagnosis is quite serious, since the thrombus that occurs in such a situation carries a life threat and requires medical intervention.
How to treat
If you have any pain in the knee joint, then first aid in this situation will be - this is a reduction in the load. But incomplete inactivity, but a gradual warm-up. It is worth noting that the most frequent treatment, which appoints doctors, is a bed rest with a gradual activation. If you need to move using a cane. In quite difficult situations, you can also use crutches. Also, when referring to the orthopedist, with pain in the knee when extending, you can get an appointment for the purchase of orthopedic insoles. They will help reduce the load when walking incorrectly.
What is the purpose of conservative treatment?
- First of all, you need to reduce pain symptoms. Reducing the severity of the symptoms of the disease.
- Next, the task is to increase the activity and condition of the patient.
- Suspension of progression and cure of ailment.
When a patient suffering from knee pain turns to the doctor for help first, of course, that he must pass is a diagnosis. Often, this process is assigned to the patient deployed, to more accurately determine the focus of the disease. And then when everything becomes known and it is possible to finally diagnose the doctor appoints his ward necessarily comprehensive treatment.
All treatment necessarily begins with non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory drugs that have as their basis anesthetic substances. In the case when the pain in the leg at the knee bend is simply not enough strength to endure, and it becomes very severe and chronic, that is, the probability that the patient will be prescribed drugs that are injected directly into the joint, but they are stillbe non-steroidal. In therapeutic practice, these drugs have the designation - NSAIDs. By this method, it is possible to stop the manifestations of pain for a long time.
This method involves the ability to remove the sensation of pain for a fairly long time, and also helps to maintain work capacity. To achieve the same result, the input of the chondroprotector is also used. This treatment allows restoring the integrity and elasticity of the cartilage. If the knee is very sore during flexion, an artificial replacement of the synovial fluid is used. This fluid performs the job of lubricating the joint. It is worth noting the use of local drugs. They give an excellent result. This list includes such procedures as: rubbing ointments, aerosols, gels and applying to the sick knee compresses. Very often in the treatment with NSAIDs in the complex prescribed and such therapy. The positive aspect of local treatment is that it has a direct effect on the pain inside the knee when flexing. Also very important is the fact that such treatment does not cause side effects.
Causes of pain when extending
Probably, many faced with when not really want to visit a doctor. Everyone has their own reasons. They are busy, others are just lazy, and still others are afraid of people wearing white coats. But as practice shows, it is this negligence to one's own health that is the main cause of severe knee pains when bending.
If you visit a doctor with initial symptoms, you can diagnose the disease at an early stage. And then you can immediately carry out a treatment that will give a 100% result. In this case, the patient will be prescribed not only the reception of medicines, but also physiotherapy procedures. In the case of remission, exercise therapy.
If the disease of the knee joint is in neglected form, respectively, and treatment will be more difficult, more time-consuming and more expensive. Quite often, with neglected forms of disease, when medicines do not give a positive result, surgical intervention is necessary.
When the leg hurts on the knee bend and the condition diagnosed by the doctor is triggered, I most often use the operation - arthroscopy. This procedure has several spectrums of effects on the disease and will help to obtain a solution on such aspects as:
- firstly, it can be used to correctly diagnose;
- if there are splintered parts of the meniscus or cartilage free bodies were found, then this procedure can completely remove them;
- is washed and the joint cavity is cleaned;
- directly on the site is the introduction of drugs;
- cartilage is transplanted;
- if the situation is completely out of control, and nothing can be done for treatment, then on site it is possible to carry out the procedure - endoprosthetics. This means the complete removal of the diseased joint and its replacement by an artificial joint. Only in this way can one get rid of the pain inside the knee when flexing and thereby become fully functional again.
To top it all off, it's worthwhile to summarize everything that needs to be done to ensure that you never have any problems with joints and you do not feel disabling pain.
Of course, initially, this should be prevention. This list will include both proper nutrition, which will allow the body to fully saturate with the necessary minerals and vitamins. Also, it can be attributed and careful examination for their physical condition. If you have hard work, give your feet a good rest and vice versa, if you are a representative of the profession, where most of you have to sit, do gymnastics and develop overstained joints.
Further it is necessary to remember that at the slightest manifestations of the symptomatology of the knee joints it is necessary to immediately consult a doctor and get qualified help. Do not self-medicate. Such an occupation will prolong the healing process and can do much harm. These are the most important rules for your health.