Exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
Exercises for osteochondrosis of the cervical department of
Cervical osteochondrosis is quite a serious disease, which even young people today are exposed to. With this disease, due to a change in the structure of the vertebrae, the intervertebral discs move, which in turn leads to pinching of the nerve.
Clinic of the disease
Such pathological changes can cause headaches and heart pain, numbness of the tongue, and dizziness. It is caused by the fact that pinching of the nerve leads to disruption of the work of some internal organs of a person. It is taking into account the characteristics of this disease that it can be treated not only with the help of medications, but also at home, regularly performing therapeutic exercises.
The effectiveness of therapeutic gymnastics
Therapeutic gymnastics is deservedly considered to be one of the most effective methods for treating cervical osteochondrosis. Even professional medics recommend including therapeutic exercises in a mandatory course of treatment.
The effectiveness of curative gymnastics is that with it you can eliminate the changes that occur in the cartilage tissues. In the early stages, there is the possibility of completely eliminating osteochondrosis solely with the help of therapeutic gymnastics.
Basic exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
Basically, in order for therapeutic exercises to be really effective, their complex should be coordinated with specialists, since for each person the exercises are individual. As an example, we can mention patients with osteochondrosis who have abnormalities in the vestibular apparatus.
For such people, a set of exercises often excludes the performance of gymnastics, in a standing position, as they may become dizzy. Whatever it was during the first appearance of symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis, you need to contact a specialist who correctly plans the treatment.
Symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis
Cervical osteochondrosis has, although widespread, but quite pronounced symptoms. The first sign of this disease is a frequent headache, as well as dizziness. Especially painful sensations can be amplified during sharp movements of a head. Taking painkillers often does not help to get rid of a headache caused by osteochondrosis.
In addition to the above symptoms, the osteochondrosis of the cervical spine is accompanied by unstable arterial pressure, which can cause tinnitus, as well as worsening of the general well-being of a person. It is from such symptoms that it is easiest to get rid of by performing gymnastics.
Pain sensations in the neck - one of the symptoms of osteochondrosis
In later stages of cervical osteochondrosis, it can be recognized by aching pain in the chest that can be spread over the arms. Moreover, such feelings can often be confused with heartache, but taking special medications, the pain does not go away.
Sometimes the patient may experience sensations of numbness in the hands. These are the main symptoms, which indicate that, most likely, a man has an osteochondrosis of the cervical spine. In order for the problem not to be aggravated, it is necessary to apply to a medical institution and undergo an appropriate course of treatment.
How to correctly perform the therapeutic exercises
The effectiveness of therapeutic gymnastics is primarily due to the correctness of all the necessary exercises, as well as compliance with all the recommendations of specialists. There are several basic rules, the implementation of which will make therapeutic gymnastics as effective as possible.
The main rule of performing medical gymnastics concerns the stage of exacerbation of osteochondrosis. That is, if the disease is in the acute stage, all the exercises are strictly contraindicated, due to the fact that therapeutic gymnastics in such cases can exacerbate the problem, as well as provoke an increase in pain.
Also in conjunction with exercise therapy can apply massage
Exercises for cervical osteochondrosis are effective only if they do not cause the patient any discomfort and do not increase pain. If during the performance of the gym the patient begins to exacerbate the pain, then he needs to stop the exercises for a while. If, on the subsequent exercise, the pain does not pass, then it is recommended that you consult a doctor to coordinate the gym.
It is very important to watch the correctness of posture during exercises. It is necessary to scorch to improve the effectiveness of the exercises, as well as to avoid injuries to the cervical department during classes.
Physiotherapy exercises should consist of a set of exercises with smooth movements. Sharp movements during the performance of medical gymnastics are contraindicated, due to the fact that they can on the contrary provoke the development of this disease. Whatever it was to perform any medical exercises should be very carefully and carefully, as negligence can lead to negative consequences.
It is recommended to perform exercises in the complex
. Medical gymnastics is now very effective not only for cervical osteochondrosis, but also for other serious diseases of the musculoskeletal system and internal organs of a person. It is due to all that with the help of gymnastics you can start recovery processes, reduce symptoms, strengthen muscles and not only. The main and indisputable advantage of therapeutic gymnastics can certainly be considered its accessibility. That is, therapeutic exercises can be performed independently at home, so this does not entail any additional costs.
The most effective exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
As already mentioned, therapeutic gymnastics is often individual, but still there are the most common and effective exercises that almost all patients with a diagnosis of cervical osteochondrosis recommend.
The first exercise is performed in the supine position and consists in the correct technique of breathing. The patient should lie on his back and stand up, his left hand should be placed on his chest, and the right one on his stomach, this will help control the uniformity of breathing. After a strong inspiration you need to hold your breath for an average of 10 seconds, then exhale and repeat the exercise. Often such an exercise should be performed for 3 minutes, at least three times a day.
The next exercise is also performed in the position, lying down, only on the stomach. The main condition for this exercise is straightened legs, since this is how you can achieve maximum effect.
One of the effective controls of the
Having taken the right position, you need to tear off the upper part of the trunk from the surface on which the patient lies and again lower it. Between the climbs it is recommended to pause in twenty seconds, and the exercise itself should be repeated for 3-5 minutes to five times a day.
The third most effective exercise is performed in a position lying on the back, with legs bent in the knee area. Having adopted such a position, it is necessary to carry out turns with the body in different directions, again adhering to the interval of 20 seconds. This exercise should be repeated for five minutes.
In addition to the exercises that promote recovery, a network of measures that are used as prevention. Especially necessary are such exercises for patients with a diagnosis of chronic osteochondrosis.
The first exercise is performed standing or sitting, the main thing is to keep the back straight, taking the right position, you have to do head inclinations forward, while taking a deep breath, you need to take a deep breath and go back to the starting position - exhale.
After that, you need to press the palm into the forehead area, and you need to apply a lot of force.
The third exercise is to tilt the head to the chest, while standing, and the quadruple in the head turns in the prone position.
Often, all the above exercises are combined in a complex, while simultaneously it is recommended to perform both therapeutic and preventive exercises. This therapeutic exercise will help strengthen the cervical spine and thus reduce the symptoms of osteochondrosis. Such exercises deserve many positive reviews, and therefore are very widely used, both at home and in medical institutions. Therapeutic gymnastics is capable not only to get rid of unpleasant symptoms, but also to speed up the treatment of osteochondrosis.
Video - Exercises for osteochondrosis of the cervical department
The use of exercise therapy in the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis
LFK is the most common non-pharmacological treatment for various types of arthritis, arthrosis, osteoporosis, osteochondrosis and other ailments associated with the condition of bones, joints,muscles, intervertebral disks and periarticular tissues. Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine is the most common disease in people whose activities are not related to physical activity. LFK at an osteochondrosis of a cervical department is capable to improve a circulation and a metabolism. Moreover, it has a number of advantages that are not available in medical methods of influence.
Therapeutic exercise will help reduce pain symptoms and stop the development of the disease if you perform all the exercises, strictly following the recommendations of the doctor. In combination with medicines, changing the operating mode and rest, proper nutrition, it is really capable of doing miracles.
Cause and Effect
Eastern medicine claims: most neck diseases are associated with a person's lifestyle. The causes of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine are a direct confirmation of this. A sedentary lifestyle is a fertile soil for the onset of this disease.
Cervical osteochondrosis sneaks up suddenly, and at first it is difficult for doctors to determine exactly what the deterioration of the person's health is connected with. With osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, not only pain in the neck appears. Painful symptoms are observed in the chest and shoulders.
Numbness of the extremities can also be a sign of this ailment, even the tongue can not dumb. Headaches - an indispensable companion of various types of osteochondrosis, including cervical. Dizziness, general fatigue are common to many diseases. It is these symptoms that will be the first to indicate the presence of osteochondrosis in a person, as well as various difficulties with hearing, tinnitus.
Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine often develops arthrosis and degenerative-dystrophic pathologies of the spine. This ailment is the cause of arthrosis. Osteochondrosis of the neck passes through several stages of development. As it progresses, it changes into cervicothoracic osteochondrosis.
Immediately need to clarify: physical exercises, physiotherapy, medications can help a person to conserve the development of the disease only at first. In later stages of osteochondrosis, only surgical intervention is able to stop the disease. Therapeutic gymnastics, exercises are selected by doctors depending on the stage of the disease, the specifics of its development and the complications caused to it, the patient's overall health, age, lifestyle and physical activity.
When forming a complex of exercise therapy for patients with osteochondrosis, medical specialists choose exercises that will affect certain lesions.
Therapeutic gymnastics works wonders
Therapeutic gymnastics is really capable of performing a miracle, if you practice it regularly. It is useful to people suffering from cervical osteochondrosis, and those who are predisposed to this disease. Its main goal is to reduce tissue disorders in the intervertebral cartilage. LFK gently, gently suppresses the process of destruction of intervertebral discs, neutralizes squeezing of nerve roots, reduces pain symptoms. It does not allow the appearance of pathological growths on the bone tissue of the vertebrae. That is, the neck and spine are beginning to gradually return to full flexibility.
Only therapeutic exercises for cervical osteochondrosis can stop the atrophy of the back muscles. The blood supply to the brain directly depends on the condition of the neck, which, when performing therapeutic exercises, improves significantly. This positively affects the human psyche, its memory, performance, while saving it from insomnia. In people suffering from cervical osteochondrosis, blood pressure is also severely impaired. If you properly distribute physical activity, it can come back to normal.
Do gymnastics even at the desktop
Metabolism is a special issue, because it is both the cause and the consequence of various ailments. If you can improve it with exercises and medications, it's possible that disruptions in the functioning of the spine will not affect the state of the lungs and cardiovascular system.
On the video, which shows preventive exercises that help fight osteochondrosis, you can see how a person turns his head. Many people purely intuitively perform this movement, if they have to stay in a static position for a long time. After such a simple exercise, there is really relief. What happens during it? The blood flows better to the brain, the functioning of the vessels and nerve endings is improved, and therefore, the backs.
While practicing exercise therapy, several simple rules must be followed, this will make the exercises as effective as possible.
- Gymnastics can not be performed during an exacerbation of the disease.
- During the lesson you need to monitor your posture in order to prevent possible injuries of the spine.
- During exercise, there should be no pain.
Watching the performance of gymnastics on video, you can see that the amplitude of movements from the beginning to the end of the complex of exercise therapy increases slightly. Physical exercise should increase with the continuation of therapeutic gymnastics. But overloading the body can lead to unpleasant consequences, so the number of exercises and the number of approaches in each of them should not exceed the recommended by the doctor. Each movement should be soft and smooth, but in no case sharp. If there are pain, exercise should be stopped immediately.
Warm-up exercises when exercising exercise are mandatory. Exercise exercises are especially effective for the body if combined with swimming, manual therapy, massage.
Is everything right?
It is often possible to hear from patients complaining that they performed therapeutic gymnastics, but it did not bring the desired result. What is the reason? It's not enough to look at the video exercises that you need to perform, and just repeat them. It is necessary to correctly distribute the burden on the weakened organism by fighting with the disease. It should be clearly known: any tension, spasms or stretching can aggravate osteochondrosis of the cervical spine.
The first exercise is usually walking. It includes two types of warm-up: stepping on full foot and rolling from heel to toe. The video recorded that the person's neck at this time is not in a static position, but also smoothly moves from side to side. The next type of exercise: swings your arms - slow, accurate, smooth. If the video at this time shows a person from the back, you can replace how his shoulder muscles move.
The final form of the exercises is for the neck and head only. They combine inclined and circular movements. If all the actions are performed correctly, warmth will be felt in the joints and neck. Only after these warm-up exercises can you go to the main complex, which is performed in a sitting, standing or lying position.
Specialists of medicine note the fact that the risks of developing cervical osteochondrosis can be significantly reduced with the help of physiotherapy exercises. They argue that a specialized physical load is capable not only of being effective prevention of cervical osteochondrosis, but also an effective way of treating it. Special exercises for cervical osteochondrosis are designed to reduce the existing pain syndrome, eliminate inflammation, strengthen the muscular corset and prevent various complications.
The effectiveness of
First of all, it should be said that therapeutic gymnastics will be effective only if the complex of all necessary physical exercises will be performed regularly and technically correctly.
There are several basic rules and regulations concerning exercise therapy:
- any physical exercises can be carried out only during the period of remission of the disease, because during exacerbation of osteochondrosis, such medical measures can seriously aggravate the general health and provoke the emergence of various complications;
- gymnastic movements should not cause painful sensations, with the appearance of physical discomfort should for a while stop the pain-provoking exercises;
- in the process of exercise therapy it is important to monitor the position of the back, since the correctness of the posture depends directly on the performance of the gymnastic complex used;
- any physical exercises for cervical osteochondrosis should be performed slowly and smoothly, without sudden and rapid movements, slopes and turns;
- each complex of exercises should take about 20 minutes, a day is recommended to hold at least three common gymnastic courses.
Since curative gymnastics is the basis of cervical osteochondrosis treatment, it is necessary to strictly observe all the above rules. Regular repetition of simple but really effective and useful physical exercises will help to strengthen the muscles, restore the damping functions and mobility of the spine, as well as the structural integrity of the affected areas.
In acute form and during remission of
This complex of gymnastics is used for cervical osteochondrosis of acute form and during remission. It allows to improve the mobility of the vertebrae of the neck and the elasticity of its muscles, as well as relieve tension and normalize blood circulation in the affected and injured zones.
The starting position is sitting or standing, hands should be placed along the body, the back should be flat.
Technique of the exercise - you need to alternately make slow turns of the head to the right and left, while it is important that the chin was clearly above the shoulder.
Repeat 10 times.
The starting position is the same as the first exercise.
Technique of the exercise - you need to make the head incline down, while the chin should touch the thoracic cavity. Movements should be sprung.
Repeat 10 times.
The starting position is the same as the first exercise.
Technique of the exercise - you should pull your neck back, while it is desirable to draw your chin, and keep your head straight.
Repeat 10 times.
This complex of gymnastics is designed to treat chronic cervical osteochondrosis.
The starting position is standing or sitting.
Technique of the exercise - it is necessary to put the palm on the forehead area and press it with the head tilted forward, thereby exerting maximum resistance to the pressure of the palm.
Repeat 10 times.
The starting position is sitting or standing.
Technique of the exercise - the palm should be alternately applied to the temples and, as in the first exercise, to provide maximum resistance to movement of the head.
Repeat 10 times.
The starting position is standing or sitting.
Technique of the exercise - it is necessary to lift the shoulders to the ears and is in this position for at least 10 seconds. Then you need to relax the muscles of the neck and shoulder joint for 10 seconds, and then lift your shoulders again.
Repeat 10 times.
Specialists of medicine recommend everyone to regularly use the complex of gymnastics, which allows to prevent the appearance of cervical osteochondrosis.
It is necessary to push the forehead for 15 seconds on the palms located on the top of the head, it is important that the palms themselves remain motionless. The effect should be directly on the neck muscles.
Repeat 5 times.
This exercise is performed in the opposite direction. You need to tilt your head forward, and put your hands on the back of your head. Within 10 seconds, the head should be pressed on the hands, and hands should be exerted counter pressure on the head.
Repeat 5 times.
You need to throw your arm over your head to the temple area. Then you need to start pressing your head on your arm, trying to tilt your head to your shoulder. In the process of performing gymnastics, you should give maximum resistance to movement of the head.
Repeat 5 times.
Since osteochondrosis is an intractable disease, it is necessary to take care of the health of your spine before any problems or pathologies arise. To avoid the development of cervical osteochondrosis, you must regularly exercise any of the above listed medical gymnastics.
Exercises for the treatment of cervical osteochondrosisThe topic of our conversation today is very relevant for many of our regular readers. Today we will touch on the problem, such a fairly widespread, and known to many diseases - cervical osteochondrosis.
Cervical osteochondrosis: symptoms, treatment, exercises for the treatment of this disease, as well as effective preventive measures to prevent this unpleasant disease. What should be done to avoid the development and aggravation of the disease, namely, changes in the dystrophic nature of the cervical spine?
Cervical osteochondrosis causes
Cervical osteochondrosis is a change in the intervertebral disc of the neck: dystrophic changes. To the dystrophic changes in the discs and muscles of the neck lead:
- Increased physical stress on the body;
- Unnatural and uncomfortable body postures, for example bad habits, tilt your head in one direction, freeze for a long time in one pose, lean on your arm when sitting;
- Lack of movement and inactivity: if a person leads a sedentary and inactive way of life.
Cervical osteochondrosis symptoms
Nerves and arteries that carry nutrients into our brains pass through the neck. In case of a disease, they can be clamped, and this can cause disruption of normal operation and functioning of the cervical spine. With cervical osteochondrosis, I get such symptoms:
- Pain and cramping in the head: it is difficult to tilt and raise the head, it is painful to turn the neck to the sides;
- As a result of deterioration in brain nutrition, frequent pain and dizziness occur. These unpleasant symptoms, unfortunately, are well known to many people who lead a sedentary lifestyle;
- There are also aching or shooting pains that are given to the shoulder blade or arm;
- Hypertension of the neck muscles - the muscles are in a strong unnatural tension, and any attempt at touch causes pain;
- In advanced and especially complex cases of cervical osteochondrosis, weakness in the limbs, numbness of the tongue, such symptoms are dangerous - this can lead to complete immobility of the person.
Cervical osteochondrosis: treatment and prevention
You will get acquainted with the main recommendations for the prevention and treatment of cervical osteochondrosis:
Please note!In severe cases of the disease, it is necessary to seek help from a good orthopedic doctor: the doctor will prescribe the necessary medication, physical procedures and medical massage.
It is recommended to enroll in the swimming pool and go swimming, and in summer you can visit the beach - regular swimming is extremely useful for people with cervical osteochondrosis.
- Try to take care of the health of your spine: get rid of the bad habit of sitting in one position for a long time, tilt your head in one direction while sitting, try not to strain your muscles while working at the computer.
Buy yourself an ergonomic comfortable chair for work: his back should be solid and high, if you lean back, your waist, back and shoulder blades should comfortably rest on the back of the chair. Well, if the chair has a comfortable headrest - it will comfortably relax the tired neck muscles during a working break.
It is recommended to make frequent pauses in the daily working routine and devote them to easy gymnastics for the neck. To the disease does not make itself felt, as often as possible, turn your head in different directions: glance occasionally in different directions.
If you notice problems with excess weight, it is strongly recommended to lose weight a little: obesity leads to diseases of the cardiovascular system, diabetes and osteochondrosis.
If you notice the first signs of manifestation of cervical osteochondrosis, be sure to review your diet and start doing gymnastics. If your condition is not too heavy, but the crunch in the cervical region with the turn of the head and frequent pain, force to take action, then we advise starting with a complex of therapeutic gymnastics, which helps with cervical osteochondrosis.
Exercises for the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis
This complex of exercises is recommended to perform, both for therapeutic purposes, and for the prevention of cervical spine. It is especially good that gymnastics with cervical osteochondrosis will take you very little time, and pretty quickly give a good, positive result. For preventive purposes, it is recommended to do exercises in the evening, and if you have a sedentary job, then arrange yourself small breaks and do this gymnastics.
Exercise # 1. Sit down straight and throw your head back. We try, slowly, reach out with the right ear to the right shoulder. Reached and slowly returned to the starting position. Do a repeat for the left side. There are five repetitions for each side.
Exercise # 2. Sit down straight, raise your chin slightly, face looks forward. Slowly and slowly we turn our head to the right side, turn as far as we can. Have made a turn and have returned to a starting position. Now make a head to the left. We repeat turns on 5 times, in each of the parties.
- Exercise # 3. We sit straight, put the palm on the forehead and press it on the head. The palm then resist pressure and stay in place. During pressure on the palm of your head, you need to strain the muscles of your neck and slowly, to yourself count to 5 and then relax your muscles. We repeat the exercise with the palm 3 times.
- Exercise # 4. We sit straight, put the palm on the back of the head and press our head in the palm of our hand. Strain the muscles of the neck and hold the tension, slowly counting to 5. Then relax the muscles. Repeat the exercise 3 times.
- Exercise # 5. Sit up straight, put the palm on the right temple and press on the palm of your head, straining your neck muscles. Hold the tension, slowly counting to 5. Repeat three times and do exactly such an exercise for the left side, laying his hand on the left temple.
- Exercise # 6. We sit straight, throwing our heads back and very slowly, as if overcoming the invisible resistance, we lower our head down and press our chin to our chests. Repeat this simple exercise 5 times. Exercise # 7. We sit straight and head down. Make the head slow turns in different directions - 5 turns to the left and 5 turns to the right. During the exercise, the head should remain lowered. Exercises for cervical osteochondrosis are recommended several times a day on a regular basis. Soon you will feel the first positive results and improvement of your health.
- I propose to watch: Exercises for cervical osteochondrosis video
- Be healthy!
Cervical osteochondrosis: exercises as an effective treatment for ailment
The main goals that should be pursued by any prescribed physical exercise in osteochondrosis are the preservation of the flexibility and mobility of the cervical spine. An important point in this case is the additional strengthening of muscles located near the ridge. A good addition to exercise when performing gymnastics, will be the holding of massage procedures.
With such a disease as osteochondrosis - the exercises are recommended to begin with a simple test. The head alternately must take different positions:
- Torsion up.
- The slopes are to the sides, touching the shoulders of the shoulders.
- Turns in different directions.
- Light rotation.
If, following these simple exercises for osteochondrosis, the patient feels any restriction, it is necessary to correct the general medical complex prescribed by the doctor. Correction will be aimed at eliminating such barriers and ensuring free mobility.
Techniques for the neck area
Several exercises can be used to work out the neck area. They have different directions:
- For the development of flexibility.
- For the flexibility and strengthening of the muscular framework.
- To strengthen muscles using a shock absorber.
All series require a triple repeat throughout the day.
These exercises for the treatment of osteochondrosis will help gradually develop the flexibility of the neck to the required level:
- The inclination of the head with a touch to the chest of the chin.
- Head inclines backwards.
- Alternate turns of the head on the sides.
- Slopes sideways with the touch of the shoulders and ears.
Each reception must be repeated up to 30 times.
Performing such exercises with osteochondrosis, you can strengthen muscles in a short time and give them the necessary degree of flexibility, and at the same time - improve your health. There are only two basic tricks:
- Pulling his right hand in front of him on the floor, put his head on it. The left arm will serve as a support at the breast level. Raising his head, keep it up to 5 seconds in weight. Then they change sides. Performed before the onset of muscle fatigue.
- Do not change the basic position, perform lifting and turning the head to the left shoulder. Lasting up to 5 seconds, turn her gaze to the floor for the same time. Do the reception alternately for different parties before fatigue.
Head inclinations in cervical osteochondrosis.
Doing similar exercises for cervical osteochondrosis, you can achieve a qualitative strengthening of a group of muscles that are located on either side of the spine. To perform the exercise you will need a special shock absorber. You can use a pharmacy bandage of rubber. Grabbing the shock absorber at the ends, it is turned back, holding at the back of the head. To prevent slipping of the bandage, you can use a handkerchief as a backing. Exercises will be similar to the methods of the first of the series.
If the patient stops doing his own health and regularly perform exercises, a mock osteochondrosis will again remind oneself of the manifestation of pain. Therefore, therapeutic prophylaxis with the help of gymnastics should become an obligatory part of the way of life.
Features of the application of gymnastics in the acute stage of the development of the disease
To the common tasks that are put before the complex of exercises, you can include:
- To reduce the impulse of the cervical spine on the shoulders or vice versa.
- Improve blood circulation, reduce possible irritation of affected tissues in the spaces between the vertebrae.
- Improve general mental and moral tone.
Exercises for exacerbation of cervical osteochondrosis may also have a special purpose:
- If there is periarthrosis of the shoulders and shoulder blades, minimize pain syndromes and prevent shoulder joints;
- With probable syndromes of the vertebral artery - relax the cervical muscle group, the shoulder zone and other limbs, improve overall coordination of movements.
In addition, there are some contraindications. In cervical osteochondrosis, exercise categorically is prohibited in such cases:
- In case of severe patient condition and elevated body temperature( over 37, 5˚).
- With increasing symptoms of impaired blood circulation of the brain.
- With persistent pain syndromes.
- With compression syndrome, where surgeon intervention is necessary.
For any gymnastics classes, breathing exercises are always great, using the chest and diaphragm. Also perfect additions will be any techniques aimed at relieving tension and complete relaxation of the muscles.
Cervical osteochondrosis is a disease-provoker that increases blood pressure.
Correct use of a gymnastic stick in the medical complex
At the very beginning of the exercises, with the diagnosis of osteochondrosis - gymnastic exercises can be performed in a sparing mode, convenient for the patient. As a rule, hand and shoulder are being used. And a little later, you can gradually attach to the original list of receptions classes, for which special items are needed. The easiest and most effective of them will be a gymnastic stick. In addition to it, it is possible to use gymnastic walls or tables. You can use dumbbells that have not too heavy weight, or special balls.
To the general complex, after careful medical consultation, it is possible to carry such exercises with a gymnastic stick in case of osteochondrosis:
- In the standing position, place your legs in the width of your shoulders and stretch your arms out in front of your chest. When making a left turn, make an inhalation tilt to the near foot, touching the stick. With exhalation return back. Make 5 times for both sides.
- Keeping the same standing position, turn the stick back, placing it in the direction of the vertebrae. Hands need to grasp the ends of the stick. Slowly withdraw hands slowly into the side, 4 times.
- Being in the same position, they lower their hands to the bottom. The girth on the stick should point fingers up at its ends. It is necessary to perform such an exercise useful in cervical osteochondrosis: the movement of the stick in front of him, upwards, towards himself and downwards( up to the gluteal region).Up to 6 times.
- While keeping the rack, place the stick on the elbow folds from the back, holding it on your hands. When inhaling, it is necessary to straighten up in the shoulders, then turn to the left side and exhale. Turns are done in both directions up to 6 times.
In addition to such exercises, it is possible to add to the daily routine warm-up exercises for the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis such a plan:
- Hold the stick at the ends with your fingers to the chest, perform its laying first on the thoracic and then on the femoral zone.
- Repeat the same procedure, changing the direction of the girth.
- Set the stick between the two knees strictly vertically and walk along it with your hands, sorting it like a rope.
- Holding the ends of the stick, carry out its alternate transfers from one side to the other and vice versa.
- By placing a stick on the surface of the shoulders behind the head, take turns straightening the arms. The movement should resemble sawing.
- Holding the stick in one of the arms, it is pulled out in front of you and performs the turns of the stick in different directions.
These exercises are optional and are at the discretion of the patient.
Features of the approach to gymnastics V. Dikul
The technique developed personally by the doctor of medical sciences Valentin Dikul has extremely high efficiency. Exercises Dikul with osteochondrosis in almost all cases allow to achieve restoration of normal motor activity for the affected segments of the spine and extremities. It can be successfully mastered both in a specialized center and at home, using video tips and recommendations.
Principles of Dikul's activities are aimed at maintaining the tone of the various muscles of the body that were involved in the life of the patient before the appearance of problems with the spine.
The methodology consists of several components: