Therapeutic exercises for the lumbar and sacral parts of the spine
Gymnastics for the spine can alleviate suffering in various diseases of the lumbosacral spine. It is also successfully used to prevent injuries, restore muscle, eliminate the displacement of the vertebrae of the entire lumbar circle.
Back pain, displacement of the vertebrae and muscle tension are well removed by exercises for the lumbar spine.
Correctly selected complex of gymnastic exercises will relieve the load from the vertebrae, provide elasticity in the work of each link.
Charging for the sacral area
Exercises will wake up the entire lower part of the spine, stir up stagnant processes in bone and muscle tissues.
The links of the lumbosacral region are responsible for the integrity of the pelvic apparatus, it is dangerous for them to move the weak vertebrae, they require a separate group of exercises specifically designed for the lumbar diameter. Standing on half-bent legs. Fixing the upper part of the trunk, 5-7 times push the pelvis forward and upward, as if trying to reach the pubic to the forehead.
Do not forget to interrupt the exercise for at least 10 seconds, head down and relax your shoulder belt. At the same time relaxation of the muscles of the lumbosacral section is achieved.
Easy warm-up of the
belt In order to feel all the bundles of the muscles of the lumbar-sacral region, and then to achieve their strengthening, let's perform a few easy exercises.
These exercises allow some displacement of the vertebral axis with a slight deflection forward.
- Lie on the floor, slightly bend your legs. Place your palm on your stomach. Slightly strain the area of the muscles of the press. Repeat ten or fifteen times.
- 10 times slowly, but take a deep breath, and then exhale, holding your breath for five seconds.
- Feet and hands on the floor along the body. Raise the head, as well as the thoracic part of the spine, stretching your arms forward, without lifting your legs from the floor. Hold for 10 seconds, relax and lower your head.10 times.
- Pull your arms out in both directions. Take a good deep breath, then exhale. Pull your knees to your chest, pulling your toes, then stretch out, relax.10 repetitions.
After you have started to feel all the areas of the muscles of the lumbar region, you can start more complex exercises.
We knead the lumbar links
We begin the warm-up for the links of the lumbar spine of our spine. Exercises will give flexibility, increase the elasticity of the ligaments of the vertebrae. If there is a small offset of links, charging it will equalize.
- Lying on the floor, bend your knees, hands spread apart. Five times lower your legs to the floor in both directions alternately, trying to touch the knees of the rug. Relax.
- Repeat the same thing, while unfolding the head in the opposite direction, achieving twisting of the spine. Do not take your hands off the floor.
- Lying on your back, lift the pelvis up 10 times against the stop, resting against the floor with your hands, shoulders and heels. Frozen in such an unusual position for a short 5-10 seconds.
- Lie on your stomach. Put both hands on the floor at the level of your chest, raise your torso 5 or 10 times, throwing your head back. Hold for 5 seconds, then go down.
- On the abdomen, lift any leg up, then take it to the side, lower it in a few seconds.3-5 times.
- Do the same exercise with the second leg. Feel tension in the dorsal lumbar region.
From a reclining position, climb up your side: lying on your back, turn sideways and only now start to get up. A sharp rise forward from the back can trigger the displacement of some vertebrae. The next stage of charging will be more intense.
Easy Strength Gymnastics
In this part of the exercises for the spine we will seek to strengthen its superficial muscles, and deep ones. Doing gymnastics, keep your back and head straight, as if your spine has become a hard cola.
Do not allow the lumbar spine to flex. Execute each exercise 4 times.
- Sitting on the floor, pull your hands forward, bend the spine in the area of your lumbar region. Lean back until the press shakes. After 4-3 seconds, go up.
- The same exercise with the simultaneous dilution of hands to the full length in both directions. Slopes up to the sensation of trembling in the area of the muscles of the belt.
- And again only with your hands up. In this position, it will not be possible to deviate far back.
After that, stretch the spine: lying on your back, wrap your arms around your knees, clasp your hands in the lock. With effort, press your knees on your hands, trying to tear your legs out of captivity. Head your head on your chest. Drag this way 3-4 seconds a few times. This will increase the space between the vertebrae, and even out the possible displacement.
Recommendations for the implementation of
The lumbar region of the spinal column undergoes maximum load throughout the day, protecting the bone marrow from external factors. Injuries of the spine, displacement of individual vertebrae muscle weakness and other troubles should be eliminated. To achieve strengthening of the entire lumbosacral department is quite feasible with the help of physical exercises.
It is worth remembering that there are conditions for spinal gymnastics.
Charge for the lumbosacral section should be performed smoothly, without jerks or sharp gestures. The complex begins with light movements, gradually turning into power. Do not overstrain the spinal cord. It is necessary to do exercises with pleasure, but not with effort.
Regardless of the nature of your occupation, during the working day at least a couple or several times long and with pleasure stretch, raising your hands up. This will disperse stagnant blood across all capillaries of the lumbosacral section, ensuring a good flow of blood to the brain area. Regular stretching aligns the displacement of all vertebrae, if any.
Problems of exercise therapy for osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine
The spine is a column consisting of 33 vertebrae, fastened together by joints, cartilages and ligaments. It serves as the basis of the entire human skeleton, ensures its vertical position, keeps all organs in the abdomen and breasts in their place. It contains the spinal cord, which is connected with virtually all systems and organs of the human body. For flexibility, strength and cushioning abilities of the spine, intervertebral disks are responsible, the defeat of which leads to osteochondrosis.
What can provoke osteochondrosis
The primary cause of the disease is often incorrect placement of the load on the spine, resulting in intervertebral discs thinning, erasing, and losing elasticity. Among the main causes of osteochondrosis can be named the following:
- smoking, disrupting metabolism and interfering with the body's recovery processes;
- a sedentary lifestyle;
- weak back muscles;
- systematic or one-time weight lifting;
- genetic predisposition;
- hormonal failures;
- changeable unfavorable weather conditions.
This is far from all factors that can provoke osteochondrosis. In life, the reasons for the deterioration of the spine can be much more, which explains the various symptoms.
Manifestations of osteochondrosis
The most obvious symptom of the disease, when it comes to calling a doctor, is pain. At the first stages it can be blunt, accompanied by a feeling of stiffness. Sharp pain occurs when the nerve root is infringed. When moving, it increases and can lead to a violation of sensitivity in the zone of discomfort. Sharp, shooting pain can appear quite unexpectedly and last for several hours. Local manifestations of osteochondrosis can be accompanied by:
- Headaches, dizziness, noise in the ears, nausea and pain in the hands - with violations in the cervical region.
- Cardiac, hepatic, intestinal and gastric pain - with damage to the thoracic area.
- Lumbago in the lower back, restriction of mobility and pain in the legs, which indicates violations in the lumbar region. Very good in this case helps the gym. LFK with osteochondrosis is appointed almost always.
- Violation of urination, irritation of the sciatic nerve - with problems in the lumbosacral belly.
Therapeutic physical training is an integral part of complex treatment and an indispensable measure for prevention.
LFK is a complex of moderate physical exertion, used for many diseases associated with muscular strength dystrophy and limitation of joint movements. This or that complex is prescribed by a doctor, taking into account the features of the patient's disease and functional capabilities.
The main tasks of exercise therapy for osteochondrosis are directed to:
- normalization of the tone of the central nervous system;
- activation of blood flow in damaged areas;
- muscular relaxation;
- stretching and development of some muscle groups;
- strengthening of anterior, posterior and lateral muscles of the spine;
- normalization of nutrition of damaged intervertebral discs;
- accustoming the patient to domestic, labor and other loads;
- prophylaxis of spike of vertebral canals.
All exercises included in the complex must be performed slowly, it is necessary to avoid sudden movements. In any complex of gymnastics should include exercises that promote stretching, setting the right breathing and relaxing after the load.
LFK with osteochondrosis of lumbar spine
The osteochondrosis of this department is by far the most common. Since this part of the spine undergoes the greatest everyday loads, regardless of the way of life. Pathology is accompanied by pain in the back, sometimes giving to the legs, discomfort in the lower back. LFK at an osteochondrosis of a lumbar department of a backbone is obligatory procedure. Classes will be productive and productive if performed regularly, correctly, and if the patient is well-tuned. It is not recommended to overwork in the process. Choose a complex should be based on personal physical training.
Exercises for osteochondrosis in the lumbar department of
LFK in osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine can be divided into several complexes, depending on the period of the disease. During an acute course, the approximate complex can be as follows:
- We are in the prone position. It does not change throughout the complex. To begin with it is necessary to perform simultaneous bending and extension of hands( in a fist) and stop.
- Let's start the leg warm-up. The left is bent at the knee. Right bend and unbend, sliding his heel along the bed. We do 8 repetitions and go to the left leg.
- We knead the upper body by alternately raising our hands upwards.
- Further hands we bring to the shoulders, bend them and make circular motions.
- Then, the legs bent at the knee are pulled to the stomach without hands.
- The legs are bent at the knees, feet together, alternately take your knees aside.
- The next starting position is the legs apart. Circular motion stops inside and out.
- We finish the complex with diaphragmatic breathing.
At the time of acute pain in osteochondrosis, it is better to still adhere to bed rest. In order not to aggravate the osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine, exercise therapy in this case has a general strengthening effect and serves more hygienic purposes. You should avoid exercises that cause pain. Repeat each costs an average of 8 times. At the same time, the tempo should be slow.
With the reduction of pain, you can go to special exercises that increase the strength of the muscles of the abdominal press and those involved in flexing and extension of the hips. LFK with osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine in the subacute period may include the following exercises:
- At the beginning of the complex we assume a recumbent starting position. We begin with the simultaneous bending / unbending of the feet.
- Then alternately bend and unbend the knees.
- We bend one leg, the second one is set aside. After several repetitions we change our legs.
- Next, we bend both legs in the knee and lift the sacrum, while the spine is slightly curved.
- The legs are still bent at the knee, we continue the complex by lifting the head and shoulders. At the same time we keep our hands on the stomach.
- Bend your knees to the stomach.
- Strain gluteal muscles for 5-7 seconds.
- We change position, we become focused on the knees. Sit down on the heels, without taking his hands off the bed.
- Starting position on the knees, legs apart. Turns of the trunk with the arm raised: right - up the right hand, to the left - up the left hand.
- Exercise "kitty": back bending upward. When returning to its original position, the spine does not bend downward.
- Now we try to touch the left hand with our right knee. And vice versa - the left knee to the right hand.
- We lay down on the stomach, beneath it it is desirable to place the roller. Alternate lifting of the feet 3 cm from the couch. We stay in position for an average of 5 seconds.
- Coup. We stretch our arms out to the sides and tear off the head and shoulders from the bed, stay for 5 seconds.
- Then alternately we breed our legs to the sides.
- We turn over on the stomach, put our feet on the roller and raise the sacrum due to the curvature of the lumbar region.
In exercise therapy for osteochondrosis of the lumbar region at the end of the subacute period, gradually introduce exercises that help strengthen the muscles of the back. The pace can be increased. All movements are carried out on inspiration, the exit must take the starting position. Exercises 4,5,6 and 7 can be repeated in a circle several times, they are the most important. When diagnosed, lumbar osteochondrosis, even during the period of remission, should exclude such activities as uncoordinated movements and turns, sharp changes in positions. For example, do not engage in tennis, cross-country running, fast dances or rhythmic gymnastics. LFK with osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine promotes:
- strengthening of the muscles of the lower back and lower limbs;
- release of strangulated nerves;
- widening the gap between the vertebrae.
Breast osteochondrosis: how the therapeutic gymnastics
helps Osteochondrosis in the thoracic region is not as common as in the lumbar or cervical region. This is due to the lower mobility of the vertebrae of this department, respectively, they are less susceptible to damage. Physiotherapy in this disease should contribute to:
- increased mobility of the thoracic region, its intervertebral and costal vertebral joints;
- elimination of muscle spasm and stiffness in the damaged area;
- improvement of ventilation.
LFK in chest osteochondrosis: exercises that help the
Before you begin to perform the complex, you can prepare yourself lightly. This will greatly improve the effectiveness of exercise therapy. The preparation can include a warm shower and simple exercises, like twists of the trunk, hands and feet. Implementation of the basic complex of exercise therapy, with a daily repetition, will achieve remission of the disease, but it is always necessary to consult a doctor first. So:
- We accept the position on the abdomen. Hands lay by the head, elbows maximally bred in the sides. Slowly and gently lift the shoulders and upper body, then start alternately pulling the elbows up. Do 5 repetitions.
- Do not change the position, hands are stretched out in front of you. Raise the body, completely tearing off the chest from the floor. Then we have our hands along the body and repeat the ascents.
- Lying on my stomach, we put our hands back and fasten them to the lock. Raise closed limbs and bend as much as possible. We freeze in this position for a couple of seconds, smoothly return to the original position.
- Being in the vertical position, the hands are placed on the shoulders. We lift one shoulder, while the second is lowered, the head follows the shoulder, which goes down.
- Sitting on a chair, we have our hands on the belt. Slowly lift the shoulder girdle and gradually return to the original pose. Do 5 repetitions.
- In a position on a chair, with a gymnastic stick, breathing deeply, we raise the arms upwards, as far as possible we reach for the sports equipment. On exhalation we return to the original position.
- In the standing position, we put the gymnastic stick on the shoulders. Holding on to the ends, we make turns right-to-left, up and down. All we do very carefully.
Auxiliary complex for the period of exacerbation
During an exacerbation, when any movement causes pain, it is better to refrain from doing the exercises. When the pain begins to subside, medication can be supplemented with gymnastics, which will help relax the clamped muscles. Perform charging should be several times a day:
- We stand on the lap. Carefully lift the head up and simultaneously bend the back down. We take a deep breath. When you feel the maximum muscle tension, gently exhale and return to the original position.
- We kneel on a hard surface, hands freely placed along the body. Breathing in, gently raise our hands upwards and make a slow slope forward. We linger, we lower the limbs and only then return to the vertical position.
- We accept the position on the abdomen, with straight arms extended forward. Slowly make the right hand and the left leg rise up. We linger, smoothly descend, repeat with the opposite hand and foot. Do 5 repetitions.
Water gymnastics for osteochondrosis
The water environment is extremely suitable for specially designed complexes designed to treat and prevent osteochondrosis. Exercise in the water has a number of undeniable advantages:
- the water environment a priori will not allow you to make sudden movements:
- work in water uses all muscle groups;
- the risk of spinal injury is minimized.
Exercise complexes are possible only under the supervision of experienced instructors.
Contraindications for water procedures
Contraindication to a swimming pool visit can be the presence of skin or infectious diseases in an acute period, severe cardiovascular pathologies, diatheses, conditions characterized by a convulsive syndrome.
Osteochondrosis is a very unpleasant disease, causing a lot of discomfort and pain. Exercise for lumbosacral osteochondrosis and its other forms, as a component of complex treatment, can significantly improve the patient's condition. Therefore, if a course of physiotherapy was prescribed, it should be performed methodologically, in accordance with the instructions, and then the gymnastics will give long-awaited relief.
To know how to properly deal with pain in the lumbar region, you should carefully study the anatomy of the lumbar spine.
This department of the spine consists of 5 rather large vertebrae.
Some people have a pathology called lumbarization - 6 vertebrae instead of 5.
However, the presence of such pathology does not affect human health in any way.
With the help of the lumbar spine, the fixed sacrum and the inactive chest section are connected.
The normal shape of the lumbar spine is a slight bend forward, but these days the wrong bending of the spine is very common due to a sedentary lifestyle.
Fortunately, such deviations are treated with a set of special exercises.Another effective method for treating spine and joint diseases is manual therapy. On our site you can find out what is manual therapy of the spine, and in what cases its application is shown.
What if I have a nerve in my back? Read here.
What can hurt the spine?↑
Due to the fact that the lumbar spine is equipped with a large number of sensitive nerve endings, mobile vertebrae, flexible joints and complex joints of bone elements, it can easily be damaged.
The complex structure of the vascular network makes it difficult to supply the lumbar spine.
The lumbar region has a huge load, as it performs a protective function - protects the spinal cord from various types of damage.
When lifting the weight, too, the pressure on the lumbar region is significantly increased, since it takes most of the load on itself.
This is why this department of the spine is often subjected to all kinds of damage.
Without calculating our strength, we are injuring the lumbar spine and the spine as a whole.
What kind of diseases require gymnastics?↑
There are many different diseases of the lumbar spine, in which gymnastics will be very effective.
Consider the most common ailments that require therapeutic gymnastics.
LFK in hernia of the lumbar spine: photos and video exercises
- How to consolidate the result
People who have been diagnosed with a "hernia" after X-ray examination, myelography, magnetic resonance or computed tomography are assigned the appropriate treatment. It can be conservative and include medication, massage or exercise therapy with a hernia of the lumbar spine, neck or chest. In some cases, surgical treatment is recommended. In this way, experienced neurosurgeons eliminate the cause of the hernia.
Gymnastics as part of the comprehensive treatment of
The most common way to get rid of back pain, lower back and sacrum is exercise therapy. Regular exercise of moderate exercise allows you to quickly remove pain syndrome, especially with hernias, or, in extreme cases - significantly reduce it. It also helps to strengthen the back muscles and prevent the progression of such diseases.
At the same time, the complex of exercises should be carried out with the advance consultation of a specialist. He will recommend which exercises are appropriate to perform in a particular phase of the disease, and which ones should be left for a later time. Only after this it is possible to engage in exercise therapy with a spinal hernia at home. Before the classes, you can see illustrations, photos and videos that demonstrate the right technique and help you do the exercises correctly.The picture shows a set of gymnastic exercises with hernia of the back
Gymnastics for the cervical spine
When the hernia of the cervical spine, in the first place, you need to improve the elasticity of the vertebrae, relax and restore the weakened muscles of the neck. For this it is necessary:
- Stand up, straighten and lower hands along the trunk. As far as possible, turn the head first to the left, and then - to the right( 10 times).
- Take a similar position. Head forward, trying to get his chin to the chest. Smoothly raise your head and slowly throw back. Repeat the movement 10 times.
- Stand up and lift your shoulders up. Wait 10 seconds and lower down. Repeat 20 times.
In addition, with a hernia of the cervical spine, it is shown to massage for a few minutes the area between the soft part of the occiput and its bone. Such a massage will restore blood circulation in the problem area, which, in turn, will enhance nutrition of the intervertebral discs and vertebrae.
Physical training for the thoracic spine
With a herniated thoracic spine, all exercises should be carried out under special control over pain. This means that in the event that any movement causes difficulties and acute pain, it is necessary to stop it. It is better if the expert will follow the exercises.
One of the most effective ways to impact a damaged area is the following exercise. It is necessary to sit on a chair, arms cross at the back of the head, strongly bend back and slightly bend forward 5 times. This will improve the mobility of the chest. The effect is getting rid of shortness of breath.
Exercise for the lumbosacral spineIn the picture of exercise LFK for the lumbar region of the back
With the intervertebral hernia of the lumbar region, relaxing gymnastics is very useful. To do this, you need to take a stool, put a pillow on it and, kneeling down, lie on her belly. You need to fix this position and try to relax for a few minutes. Positive effects also have a simple lying on the back, and it is better to put the roller under the knees, so that they are just above the level of the problem area.
In addition, with the hernia of the lumbosacral spine can also perform the following exercises:
- First you need to lie on your back, stretch your legs and arms. The muscles of the press should be toned. After this, slightly raise the casing so that the legs do not move and continue to stay in their original position( stay for 10 seconds), then slowly sink to the floor. Exercise needs to be done 10 times.
- Lie on your back, slightly bend your legs, and pull your arm forward and put it on the knee of the opposite leg. Then bend the other leg so that the hand feels resistance. Carry out with a force of 10 seconds and return to the starting position. Repeat 20 times( 10 for each hand).
After such physical exercises you need to relax muscles of the back, press, legs and hands as much as possible and lie down for a while without moving. Especially good at intervertebral hernia yoga. They allow you to relax the whole body, improve blood circulation in the problem areas of the back and neck. Thus, the body will begin to heal itself.
How to fix the result of
It should be remembered that in order for hernia to have the greatest effect when hernia of the lumbar spine is curative, it is necessary:
- Daily exercise of the
- In the practice of therapeutic gymnastics, every movement must be carefully executed,
- clearly developed. Breathing should be natural, smooth, without delay
- It is necessary to periodically visit the doctor and talk about the dynamics of the state.
Especially it should be emphasized that with exacerbation of pain caused by herniated spine, you must always observe bed rest and avoid all kinds of stress on the neck, lower back, sacrum and thorax. In this case, medicamentous treatment with anti-inflammatory and analgesic drugs is carried out: injections, tablets, ointments. As soon as the pains are weakened, you can gradually include in the program therapeutic exercise. In this exercise should be very slow and smooth. It should be avoided at the initial stage of the torso exercises.
Also after removal of the intervertebral hernia, doctors strongly recommend restoring gymnastics. With it, you should not make sharp and rapid movements. In this case for the spine, physical education is the key to successful recovery in the post-operation period. You can begin classes after the pain is removed.
Who said that it is difficult to cure a hernia?
- You are tormented by discomfort at the point of protrusion of the hernia. ..
- And the pain is felt even when walking. ..
- Somehow it's even a shame that you avoid any physical loads. ..
- In addition, the recommended medications for some reason are not effective in your case. ..
- And nowYou are ready to take every opportunity. ..
An effective remedy for a hernia exists. Follow the link and find out how Galina Savina cured a hernia. ..