How to treat sciatica - medicamentous and folk methods
Sciatica is a pathological condition with a characteristic pain syndrome due to sciatica nerve inflammation. Already the very word because of its unusual sound can alert and scare the patient. What is it? The very term in the literal translation from the Greek language( ishion) just stands for the seat. Sciatica is not an independent disease, but a syndrome, a complex of symptoms that occur in many diseases.
Most commonly, sciatica is a consequence of diseases such as:
- Lumbosacral sciaticum due to hypothermia
- Osteochondrosis of the lumbosacral spine
- Spine trauma
- Herniated discs
- Specific spinal cord injuries - tuberculosis, malignant neoplasms
- Inflammatory pelvic organs diseases -bladder, small intestine, uterus
Thus, sciatica can develop as a result of primary pathologyspinal column, and again because of the pathology of the internal organs. Therefore, the doctor, before appointing a medical treatment for sciatica, should establish its cause in each specific case. Although in different situations the essence of pathological processes and negative manifestations of this condition is approximately the same. And the approaches to treatment, despite some differences in different situations, have similarities.
Pathological changes and signsNerve compression
How does sciatica go? The characteristic symptoms of sciatica are due to the peculiarities of the sciatic nerve, in which inflammatory processes are noted. The sciatic nerve is the nerve of the sacral plexus. It is formed by the roots of the two lower lumbar and three upper sacral spinal nerves. This nerve passes through the gluteal region along the posterior surface of the thigh, in the region of the popliteal fossa before passing to the shin it divides into two main branches, which pass to the plantar surface of the foot.
The peculiarity of this nerve is that it is the largest not only in the sacral plexus, but also in the human body. Accordingly, the pain syndrome in the inflammatory lesion of this nerve will be quite intense. And inflammatory phenomena occur often, because it is the lumbosacral department that experiences the maximum physical load. Here, most often observed radiculitis, osteochondrosis, disc hernias.
Sciatica manifests itself along the sciatic nerve - in the lumbosacral region and buttocks, along the posterior surface of the thigh and lower leg with the transition to the sole of the foot. It is here that all the negative manifestations of this condition are noted, including:
- Sharp pain of shooting character that increases with physical activity
- Sensitivity reduction
- So-called paresthesia - burning sensation, numbness, crawling skin
- Gait disturbances
- Tension symptoms -flexing the limb in the hip joint, tilting the head and torso forward.
These signs, their typical localization and one-sided nature of lesions( one pair of sciatic nerves inflames) make it easy to distinguish sciatica from similar pathological conditions.
How to treat sciatica? Official medicine for this uses pharmacological means of general and local action, the effect of which is fixed by physiotherapy and massage procedures, therapeutic gymnastics. Tablets in this case are practically not used. The main routes of administration are intramuscular or intravenous. Some means for local anesthesia( the so-called local anesthetics) are injected directly into the spinal canal. We recommend reading: Folk methods of treating gout
In general, anesthesia, although it does not eliminate the cause of sciatica, plays an important role in its treatment. In this regard, use non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs - butadione, indomethacin, ibuprofen. They relieve inflammation and swelling of the fibers of the sciatic nerve and thus eliminate pain. But the use of these drugs is not desirable with certain concomitant diseases - gastritis, stomach ulcer, bronchial asthma.
Therefore, non-steroidal agents are combined with steroidal anti-inflammatory agents. The latter include hormonal drugs - prednisolone, hydrocortisone. In this case, they are used as ointments for the external processing of the lumbar-sacral region.
Anesthesia is achieved by novocain blockades - novocaine by injections of a special needle is inserted into the lumbosacral region, thereby achieving anesthesia. With the purpose of resorption of inflammatory foci and stimulation of metabolic processes, vitamins C and B, aloe, lidase, methyluracil, levamisole are administered.
Physiotherapy, massage and physiotherapy
Later, when the acute stage is over, physiotherapy, massage and exercise therapy can be added to the medicinal treatment. In this plan, UHF, phonophoresis, and Bernard's diadynamic currents are shown. All these types of treatment are performed in the absence of contraindications, which are:
- Acute stage of sciatica
- Childhood age
- Alcoholism, drug addiction
- Malignant oncology
- Previous internal bleeding
- Skin changes at the site of application
Sciatic exercises aim to eliminate pain andswelling of the sciatic nerve, relaxation of muscles and stimulation of metabolic processes in the affected area. They can be performed in any of the positions - sitting, standing or lying down. But from the physiological point of view, when performing the exercises, it is best to lie on a flat, rigid surface. Below are the most effective exercises.
First you need to lie with your back on a flat floor, bend your knees, bring them to your chest. Simultaneously, you need to grab your buttocks with your hands. In this position, you should stay for half a minute, and then you need to straighten your legs, stretch your arms along the body, relax all muscles. This exercise should be repeated up to 10 times.Exercises help to remove the swelling and pain
In the future you need to roll over on your side and again bring your knees bent at the knees to the trunk, and then relax them, stretching the toes of the feet. This exercise is also performed 10 times. Then they turn over on their stomachs, and, leaning on their hands, raise the case as if pushing. In this case, the pelvis and legs remain immobile. With the help of these and other exercises, you can treat sciatica at home. But the preliminary consultation of a physiotherapist and a specialist in physiotherapy exercises will not be superfluous.
Massage with sciatica is combined with physiotherapy treatment. Thanks to the massage, effects similar to those achieved with the use of physical procedures and physiotherapy exercises are achieved. Massage is carried out intensively every day or every other day using a point or segmental method. Thus massage movements are directed from below upwards from fingers of feet to overlying sites. The duration of each massage is 30-35 minutes.
Traditional medicine recipes
In the fight against sciatica, folk medicine also does not stand aside. Treatment of sciatica with folk remedies pursues the same goals as therapy in traditional ways. Recipes of traditional medicine are very numerous, but in each of them only natural remedies are used either in pure form or in the form of mixtures, solutions, infusion, decoctions. Here are some of them.
You need to take a fresh wax from the apiary, warm it up( but not melt it).In this form, it is placed on the waist and sacrum, from above is covered with cellophane and tied with a woolen cloth. It turns out a kind of compress. If the procedure is done daily at night, then a few days later the pain will go away.
Cabbage leaves can be used in a similar way. It is necessary to take a few fresh juicy leaves with cut petioles and for 3 minutes.throw them into boiling water, but do not cook. Then put on the lower back and make a compress in the manner described above. Similarly, you can use the leaves of other plants - burdock and birch.
Although they say that radish radish is not sweeter, but each of these products, placed on a piece of tissue and attached to the loins in a crushed form, is an effective folk remedy for sciatica.
Effective means is infusion of pine buds. For its preparation 2 tbsp. Spoon the kidneys with 2 cups of boiling water. In this form, the product is infused for half a day. The obtained infusion is suitable both for internal use( half cup 3-4 times a day), and for the outside in the form of compresses.
Despite the fact that recipes from natural remedies have proven themselves on the best side, it is hardly possible to cure sciatica with the help of folk medicine alone. In order to eliminate this ailment, an integrated approach is needed with the advice of a therapist, neurologist, radiologist and surgeon. A treatment for sciatica should be carried out using all the above methods. Only under this condition it will be effective.
Efficiency of treatment of sciatica at home
Sciatica is the inflammation of the sciatic nerve, which is the longest in the body. At the same time, the pain syndrome spreads over the hamstring, starting from the lumbar region. Ischialgia is combined with impaired sensitivity and mobility of the limb.
The nature of neuralgia can be different: burning, shooting, stitching pain. As a rule, intense pain periods alternate with a temporary weakening of symptoms. Sciatica usually affects only one half of the body, but sometimes there is bilateral inflammation of the sciatic nerve.
Ischialgia is descending, that is, pain first occurs in the lower back, then descends below. To treat pain syndrome help pharmacological and folk remedies. Treatment of sciatica at home is allowed only after consulting a doctor. Combined treatment helps to ease symptoms.
There are many reasons for the defeat of the sciatic nerve.
- Herniated disc. The disease is accompanied by a significant protrusion of the disc, which often causes infringement of the nerve root. It is the hernia that is the most common cause of sciatica.
- Osteochondrosis. The disease is accompanied by a change in the shape and location of the vertebrae relative to each other. This often causes the squeezing and pinching of the nerve.
- Stenosis( constriction) of the spinal canal. To defeat nerve fibers in this case leads to a change in the lumen of the canal.
- Spondylolisthesis is a disease characterized by slipping of the vertebra relative to the other. The change in the position of the vertebra leads to compression of the nerve and sciatica.
- Damage to the sacroiliac joint, which leads to irritation of the nerve endings. The symptom of this is pain.
- Infectious diseases in the pelvic cavity.
- . Oncological diseases. Often the cause of neuralgia is the compression of the nerve tumor.
- Abscess, which is a variant of purulent inflammation, when the exudate is localized in the cavity.
- Diabetes mellitus and gout, in which toxic substances accumulate in the body.
- Toxic nerve fiber damage by certain types of chemicals.
- Pain syndrome can be caused by pear-shaped muscle syndrome and other myofascial syndromes.
Therapy of the disease is aimed at establishing the cause, as well as eliminating symptoms. An easing medication is prescribed to relieve sciatica. Primarily used intramuscular and intravenous route of administration of the drug, but some funds require admission directly to the spinal canal. Etiotropic therapy is aimed at eliminating the underlying cause of sciatica nerve damage, rather than symptoms. Without elimination of the etiologic factor, treatment is ineffective.
It is possible to treat sciatica with folk remedies, however, one should take into account that folk methods are ineffective without pharmacological treatment. Such remedies help to ease the pain syndrome, but do not eliminate the cause of the disease. Before treating sciatica with folk remedies, it is necessary to consult with the attending physician.
Among the additional non-pharmacological methods are:
- Vacuum Therapy.
An anti-obesity effect with neuralgia of the sciatic nerve is caused by warming compresses. Regular carrying out of such manipulations, combined with proper pharmacological treatment, allows to significantly reduce the main symptoms.
Treat the pain syndrome is helped by the usual radish, which should be finely grated. The mass is placed in parchment paper and additionally wrapped with a woolen cloth. Such a compress gives a burning and tingling effect.
Good effect gives beeswax. It must be melt, and then slightly cooled to a tolerable temperature. The patient site is rubbed with burdock or propolis oil so that it is easy to remove the compress in the future. After the layers, apply a warm wax. The mass is covered with paper and woolen cloth and left until completely cooled.
Hot compresses have the following contraindications:
- oncological diseases, since warming can cause tumor progression;
- acute infectious processes;
- severe cardiovascular disease;
- skin diseases in the region of the sciatic nerve;
- varicose veins.
To ease the pain can and broths of herbs that are used inside. Effective in the treatment of sciatic nerve lesions are calendula flowers, seeds and leaves of horse chestnut. As a rule, leaves or flowers are poured with boiling water and insist 1-2 hours. Use decoctions recommended before meals in small portions. The number of broth to drink per day is determined by the doctor.
Calendula decoction has contraindications:
- allergic reaction;
Contraindications to ingestion of horse chestnut decoctions:
- of blood coagulation pathology;
- atonic constipation.
The massage cans help to reduce the pain sensation, which is the main symptom. This procedure is very effective, and does not cause unpleasant feelings to the patient. Banks create strong pressure drops, which has a beneficial effect on the body. To treat sciatica by this method is possible due to the fact that the procedure improves the flow of blood and lymph, strengthens regeneration and removes harmful substances.
- skin diseases;
- heart failure;
- pulmonary insufficiency;
- acute infections;
- malignant neoplasms.
Do not weaken the symptoms of the disease folk methods, if there is any contraindication. Otherwise serious complications can arise.
Treatment of sciatica with folk remedies at home( video)
- Preventative measures
Treatment of sciatica with the help of gymnastics is the most effective method of home therapy. With the use of stretching exercises, one will be able to forget about the symptoms of ailment due to relaxation of the muscles surrounding the sciatic nerve. At home, you can treat sciatica with the following effective exercises:
- Take a horizontal position on the back, grab your knee with your hands and slowly guide it upwards to the opposite shoulder. Return to the previous position. Perform similar actions for the second leg.
- If it is necessary to eliminate painful symptoms in the back, then you must take the previous position, bend your knees, and put your feet on the floor, hands cross on your chest. Do the lifting of the trunk until the shoulders come off the floor. To rise - to inhale, to descend - to exhale. The number of repetitions is 15.
To treat inflammation of the sciatic nerve at home, folk remedies will help to make compresses. Such therapies suggest the use of cabbage leaves, beeswax, black radish, dough.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW!Doctors recommend! When back pain is needed. .. Read on - & gt;
Place a pan of water on the stove and wait for it to boil. Turn off the fire, lay the leaves for 3-5 minutes, so that they become elastic. Such treatment at home involves the application of cabbage leaves to the affected area. Then wrap it with a warm kerchief. To wear leaves is necessary until the moment when the symptoms of sciatica are not left.
Before treating sciatica, this component should be warmed up so that it becomes smooth and warm. From the wax to form a ball. Its size should fit the size of the affected area, then just attach. Wrap the wax with something warm and lie down under the blanket. If you follow all the recommendations accurately, then after 2 weeks you can forget about all the symptoms of the disease.
Traditional medicine of sciatica can not do without black radish. The presented ingredient is grinded on a grater, put in a cotton fabric. Attach to the patient site, wrapped in parchment paper, which is tied with a warm cloth. The duration of such treatment will depend on how much the patient will be able to withstand. After a radish causes a feeling of tingling and burning.
Compression from the test
Treat sciatica at home helps the dough. To make it, you need rye flour. When it starts to sour, wrap in gauze, set to the damaged area. Top with a woolen shawl.
You can treat inflammation of the sciatic nerve at home with the help of healing baths. This treatment has a strengthening and relaxing effect, so that all the symptoms leave you. The bath should be taken before going to bed. Duration - 10-15 minutes. Treating the pathology with folk remedies involves taking the following baths:
- Conifers. They have a positive effect not only on the damaged area, but also on the whole organism. First, concentrated coniferous infusion is made. For these purposes, you need to take 1 kg of shoots of pine and add to them 3 liters of boiling water. Wait 4 hours, so that the broth is infused, strain and add it to the bath with water in the proportion of 1:15.
- Bath with horseradish. You can treat the disease with folk remedies using horseradish. This product should be thoroughly washed, peeled and grinded. Lay it in gauze and wrap it. Prepare a bath, having typed water in it, lower cheesecloth with horseradish.
With the help of such a tool, one can forget about fatigue and pain caused by sciatica. For cooking it is necessary to take a tablespoon of roots and a glass of water. Put everything in a saucepan and boil. Strain and drink 2 times before eating.
Decoction of elecampane
You can forget about sciatica nerve inflammation if you use folk remedies, one of which is elecampane. Its unique properties will help to forget about all manifestations of ailment in chronic form. To get it at home, you need to take a tablespoon of roots and brew them in a glass of water. Strain and use for 2 times in the morning and in the evening.
Drug from horse chestnut
You can overcome an illness at home by using a horse chestnut infusion. To make it, you need to take the leaves, chop and add 0.5 liters of boiling water. Boil broth 15 minutes, strain and take 4 times a day for 0.5 cup. With the help of this tool you can overcome the manifestations of the disease.
If you want to protect your body from sciatica, then strengthen the spinal muscles. Keep your back straight all the time, do not stay in an uncomfortable position for long, do not wear weights.
Do not forget about regular gymnastics. Do not stay in the cold for a long time, and women need to give up shoes with high heels.
Sciatica is a serious pathological process that, in case of untimely treatment, can go on into a chronic form. To overcome it it is possible, using house methods, but only preliminary coordinated with the doctor.
Treatment of sciatica at home. Small Secrets |Diseases of the spine
Sciatica is a pain in the legs and buttock that occurs as a result of an osteochondrosis or an intervertebral hernia.
- Pain in the buttock, which increases with prolonged standing, sitting.
- Burning sensations, tingling.
- Severe pain when walking and other movements.
Treatment of sciatica at home
To sciatica must be taken seriously. In addition to providing medical care, it is possible to treat sciatica at home. Since this is a lengthy process, you will need perseverance and time. Effectively helps massage of sick sites with the use of any sharp ointments and their subsequent warming up with red light. Massage should be done for at least half an hour daily or at least every other day. Who can not do them, you can apply dry jars on the sacrum and the back surface of the rib. If you have severe pain, you can take a hot bath at least twice a day.
Treatment of sciatica in the home involves a number of recommendations.
- Do not sit more than two hours in a row.
- Place your feet evenly.
- Keep your back straight, and do not slouch.
- Lower your knees.
- Let's rest your back at night. The best position is on the side with bent knees.
- Relieve the excess weight.
- Do not wear high-heeled shoes.
Medical gymnastics for sciatica
One of the most effective methods of treatment is therapeutic gymnastics with sciatica. Some stretching exercises help relax the muscles that surround the sciatic nerve. You can do the following exercise.
Lie on your back, clasp your knee with your hands and slowly pull it upwards, to the shoulder opposite. It is necessary to stay in this position for a few seconds, and then return to the starting position. Such an exercise must be repeated with the other leg.
To heal the back, you need to exercise the abdominal muscles.
Lie on your back, bend your knees, putting your feet on the floor, cross your arms on your chest. Then lift the trunk until the shoulders come off the floor. Inhale, rise, and exhale, returning to the starting position. Such an exercise must be repeated 15 times without interruption.
Treatment of sciatica with folk remedies
In addition to the application of medical gymnastics, the treatment of sciatica with folk remedies is successfully used.
- Use sauerkraut, thanks to which the intestine creates favorable conditions for the reproduction of bifido and lacto bacteria. Cabbage contains lactic acid, which improves the condition with sciatica.
- Brew the beans, beans, like tea. This is a known diuretic that is used in sciatica.
- Ointment "Espol" works well, which is applied to a sore spot three times a day. The course of treatment is 10 days.
Traditional methods of treatment of sciatica
In addition to the use of medical methods, traditional methods of treatment of sciatica are used. These include: baths, compresses, tinctures and decoctions.
You can prepare a decoction of aspen leaves, boiling a tablespoon of aspen leaves in a liter of water. Use this broth before eating, dividing it into 4 servings per day.
Calendula extract is often used. To prepare the daily norm, you need a tablespoon of roots and 250 g of water. Boil for 5-7 minutes, filter and drink, dividing into 2 divided doses, half an hour before meals.
The melted beeswax is used for compresses. First, rub the sore spot with propolis oil, and then layer the wax in a hot layer after layer. Wrap up with something warm and wait until the compresses cool down completely. Stearin can be used by the same method.
Therapeutic baths have a strengthening and relaxing effect.
Good effect has a bath with horseradish. It is crushed, wrapped in cheesecloth and dipped in water.
Also used conifer baths. It is necessary to brew a kilogram of pine shoots in three liters of water, strain and pour into a bath in the proportion of 1 to 15.
All medical baths are taken immediately before bedtime every day for a week.
As you can see, there are many methods of treating this ailment. The main thing is, do not start the disease, and you will succeed. Strong to you health!
Sciatica, symptoms and treatment with folk remedies
These symptoms can not be confused with any other, these sensations can not be ignored. Infernal pain, spilling over the body below the waist, shooting at the buttock and thigh, piercing the leg to the very fingers like a hot nail - many of us know this state firsthand.
The most thick and long nerve fiber of our body called the sciatic nerve is to blame for all these torments. The symptoms described above are due to its anatomical features. He emerges from the spinal cord in the region of the sacrum and descends to the foot. Numerous branches of the sciatic nerve extend to all the major muscles of the leg.
Thus, it is the sciatic nerve that is responsible for the full motor activity of our lower limbs. In a normal state, this nerve does not make itself felt, despite the impressive size. But when he for some reason becomes inflamed, acute symptoms appear, which we described at the beginning of the article. This disease - sciatica nerve inflammation - is also called neuralgia of the sciatic nerve or sciatica( one of the variations of radiculitis) & lt;
Today we will consider in detail - the disease of sciatica, symptoms and treatment at home.
Sciatic Nerve Inflammation: Symptoms and Causes
The main sign of sciatica is pain. Burning, sharp, resembling dental( the same nature - inflamed nerve), only repeatedly strengthened. The pain is felt in the back just below the waist, radiates into the buttock, thigh, cuts the leg along the entire length to the very heel. The pain becomes almost intolerable when walking, movements, various strains( coughing, sneezing, lifting weights).In a state of rest, the pain assumes a aching, pulling character, sometimes replaced by a feeling of heaviness. Sleep is disturbed, since a person can not find a comfortable posture. In addition to the pain syndrome, weakness, numbness and tingling in the leg, a feeling of "podkashivaniya" when walking, may occur.
The main cause of sciatica is pinching of , caused by various degenerative processes developing in the spine. Herniated intervertebral discs, osteochondrosis, etc.cause deformation of bone tissue, its pathological growth. Unplanned outgrowths and protuberances press on the nerve and pinch it. The result - the nerve responds with terrible pain and inflammation.
Infection with .Very often, sciatica occurs as a complication after a virus infection - influenza, SARS, and others. Such diseases as tuberculosis, typhoid, malaria, scarlet fever, brucellosis, syphilis, gonorrhea, rheumatism, as well as various purulent inflammatory processes in the body can provoke sciatic nerve inflammation. Infection enters the nerve through the lymphatic and blood vessels or directly from nearby foci.
Joint Diseases .With coxarthrosis of the hip joints, deformation of the bone tissue is also observed, creating pressure on the nerve and causing acute pain syndrome. The pain does not have a clear localization, it can appear both in the thigh and near the knee joint, which often complicates the diagnosis.
Other risk factors and causes of sciatica:
- poorly pricked in the buttock when the needle pierces the nervous cord
- flatfoot that results in a disbalance in the skeleton
- postural disorders, curvature of the spine
- spinal congestion
Treatment methods for sciatica
Sciatica is a disease,which you are unlikely to be able to bear, as they say, "on your feet".The severe pain practically deprives the person of an opportunity to move normally even on an apartment so to continue to live in a dense working rhythm does not turn out in any way. Urgent and effective measures are needed. Scheme of treatment of sciatica nerve inflammation includes the following basic points:
2) elimination of inflammation
3) treatment of the underlying disease - the root causes of neuralgia
Pain must be removed first, so that a person can lead a relatively acceptable lifestyle. Doctors prescribe strong painkillers, both for internal use, and in the form of ointments, creams and gels of local use. In very acute cases, a blockade of the inflamed nerve is made with the help of injections of novocaine( lidocaine).This procedure should be done by an experienced doctor. The blockade relieves pain for quite a long time.
For the treatment of the inflammatory process, drugs of the range of NSAIDs( non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) are prescribed. They work effectively, have analgesic effect, but they have a very serious side effect, destructively affecting the gastrointestinal system, liver and kidneys. Therefore, they can not be abused in any way.
Elimination of the root cause of the disease is the key to a successful cure. With infectious diseases coping with antibacterial and antiviral therapy. To eliminate the jamming of the nerve roots, there are many methods: manual therapy, massage, stretching the spine, therapeutic exercises, mud therapy, acupuncture, physiotherapy and others. A special place is occupied by the treatment of sciatica with folk remedies. For a successful outcome, it is best to use the entire range of healing activities and facilities, of course, after detailed consultation with the treating doctor.
Treatment of sciatica nerve inflammation with folk remedies
As we have already noted, traditional medicines prescribed for sciatica have many side effects and contraindications. In this situation, one can not neglect the extensive experience of traditional medicine, which has a wide arsenal of effective prescriptions. We want to introduce you to some of them. Most of the funds involve external application - they are various rubbing, baths, ointments and substances for compresses. But there are recipes for internal use. We remind you that it's risky to apply them without consulting a specialist: problems with the gastrointestinal tract, kidneys and liver can begin.
Recipes for ingestion
- Pour two teaspoons of horse chestnut seeds with 0.5 liters of boiling water, put on a water bath for 15 minutes, strain, cool. Drink before each meal of 100 ml.
- Pour two tablespoons of dried calendula flowers with two cups of boiling water, insist in a tightly closed container for at least two hours, drain. Take half a cup before meals 3 - 4 times a day.
- A tablespoon of dry crushed burdock root pour one cup of cahors. On a small fire, heat the solution for no more than 5 minutes( do not bring to a boil).Strain. The received portion of the tincture is divided into two meals - before breakfast and before dinner. Next day, prepare a fresh serving.
Prescriptions for external products
The warm baths with broths of herbs give good results in the treatment of sciatica nerve inflammation with folk remedies. But remember: lying in a hot bath is contraindicated for patients with heart pathologies, varicose veins and women with gynecological diseases. Consult doctors!
- Bath with horseradish. Fresh horseradish root weighing about 100 grams chopped in a meat grinder, put in a bag of gauze and put in a warm bath. Take a bath no more than 5 minutes.
- Bath with pine shoots. A kilogram of fresh young shoots of pine pour three liters of boiling water, then boil under the lid for another 10 minutes. Infuse 4 hours, drain. Add in a warm( not hot!) Bath in the proportion of 1 liter of decoction to 15 liters of water. The procedure should not last longer than 15 minutes.
- Dry acacia flowers white( 100g) pour 300 grams of vodka, close, put in a warm place for 7 days. Then strain. Rub the tincture into sore spots as needed.
- Dry flowers of white lilac( 2 tablespoons) pour 300 ml of alcohol or vodka. Infuse 7 days in a dark place, then drain. Rub into painful places 3 - 4 times a day.
- Squeeze the juice from black radish, add honey in a proportion of 1 part honey to 3 parts juice, mix well. Rinse the affected areas with massage movements for several minutes, until the mixture is absorbed into the skin.
- Twenty leaves of bay leaf pour a glass of vodka, insist three days in a dark place. Tincture rubbed into painful places to reduce the pain syndrome.
- Anesthetic mixture. In a glass of vodka, dissolve a blister of analgin tablets( not less than 10 tablets), add a teaspoon of 5% iodine solution, to stand for three days in a darkened place. To treat painful areas with tincture and wrap it with woolen cloth until morning.
- Prepare a tincture of triple cologne( standard bottle) and fresh dandelion flowers, to stand in a dark place for three days. Rub the product into a sore spot before going to bed. Repeat until the condition is relieved.
- Take 300 g of liquid honey, melt it in a water bath. Add 50 ml of alcohol, pour it in a thin trickle, stirring constantly. Cool, mix well. A ready mix to use for massage both painful sites, and all back. Massage should last at least half an hour.
Treatment of sciatica with folk remedies includes compresses that can significantly improve the condition and reduce pain.
- Preheat a piece of beeswax in a water bath to give it a soft consistency. Then form a cake from it, apply it to a painful patch covering it with polyethylene or wax paper. Wrap the wrap with a woolen cloth or pave a layer of cotton wool, bandage it. Keep the compress all night until the morning. The procedure should be repeated daily for 7 days. After a one-week break, the course can be repeated.
- Knead the similarity of the dough from one glass of flour and a tablespoon of liquid honey, roll it into a flat cake, then perform the compress as in the previous recipe.
- In an enamel pot, pour half a liter of sunflower oil, add 100 g of salt( preferably coarsely ground) and 100 g of crushed fresh nettle leaves. Bring the mixture to a boil and add 50 grams of currant leaves and chopped burdock root. Mix again and bring to a boil. Do not boil, remove from heat, cool. The resulting drug is used for compresses.
- Sprinkle a few cabbage leaves with boiling water( for greater elasticity) and gently spread out on a painful patch. Top with a woolen cloth and cellophane. Leave for a few hours. After a short time, the compress can be repeated with fresh leaves.
- Fresh root horseradish, ground to the state of gruel, mix with grated potato on a large grater, add a tablespoon of honey. Stir to a homogeneous consistency. On greased with any vegetable oil, put a clean gauze, then distribute the medicinal mixture, cover with another layer of gauze, wrap it with cellophane and wrap it with a warm cloth. Compress gives a burning sensation, it's normal. Repeat the procedure can be in a day - often not recommended, because.you can get a burn.
- Prepare a solution of 1 part turpentine and 2 parts water. Saturate with this solution the smell of black bread and densely attach to the problem area, wrap it on top with a thin polyethylene film. The maximum duration of the procedure is 15 minutes, but if the burning is very severe, stop it immediately. The product is effective, but there is a danger of skin burn.
- Grate the wet potatoes of medium size, squeeze the juice. In the remaining potato cake add a teaspoon of kerosene. Stir to the consistency of sour cream. The medicine should be placed evenly between the two gauze cloths and applied to a sore spot, which was preliminarily richly oiled with sunflower oil. Use with caution, there is a risk of burns!
Therapeutic gymnastics for sciatica
Now you know about sciatica, symptoms and treatment at home. We hope that our recommendations for treating sciatica with folk remedies will help you. But it's better not to bring the matter to an aggravation. Take care of yourself, move more, stay tuned and always stay healthy and active!