Effective curative gymnastics with coxarthrosis of the hip joint
Joint destruction occurs due to depletion of cartilaginous tissue in it and traumatic friction of bones
In the mornings, I do not always want to get up. But if this reluctance is associated with lethargy and stiffness of the joints, if you need some time to feel the confidence in the hands and feet, you need to call the doctor. Coxarthrosis is a scourge of our time, it belongs to the palm tree among diseases of the musculoskeletal system. In most cases, this disease affects people who have crossed the 40-year mark. And in women, this disease develops much more often.
Coxarthrosis of the hip joint can be one-sided and two-sided. And with the bilateral form of the joints are affected not simultaneously, but one after another. The insidiousness of coxarthrosis is that at the initial stage, when the disease can be easily cured, it manifests itself as a minor symptom. In the morning, only stiffness manifests, walking can cause pelvic or knee joints, but it quickly passes. And only then there is a characteristic crunch in the bones. Medical gymnastics with coxarthrosis of the hip joint can successfully combat this disease.
Symptoms and causes of the development of the disease
The disease develops in 3 stages. At 1 degree of coxarthrosis the articular space narrows, small changes begin in the bones. The mobility and performance of a person during the day is not affected.
As practice shows, most often diagnosed coxarthrosis of the hip joint, spine or knee joint in the 2 stages of the disease. Due to active internal changes, pain intensifies and from episodic to frequent( especially at night).He walks more hard, he begins to spare his aching leg, takes a cane in his hands. In the muscles of the leg, deprived of the usual load, blood supply worsens, dystrophy develops and, as a result, a person has lameness. All this is due to the rapidly progressing lesion of the interarticulate tissue. The cartilaginous tissue is thinned, and the inflammation of the periosteum begins.
The difference between a patient and a healthy hip is the depletion of the cartilaginous "cushion"
. In coxarthrosis of the 3rd degree, the radiograph shows significant bone growth around the head of the large femur and the top of the acetabulum, and the extension of the cervix is also seen. The joint gap is almost absent. The posture and gait of the patient change. The walking stick becomes not an auxiliary, but an obligatory means for movement. The pain does not stop day nor night, only their intensity changes. The fourth degree - the most severe form of coxarthrosis - is characterized by complete immobility of the joints.
It is impossible to say unambiguously what influences the appearance of this disease. There are a number of reasons for the development of the disease. Any of them or a combination of several factors are capable of provoking the appearance of the disease.
Coxarthrosis in childhood can appear as a consequence of congenital degenerative changes in the hip joint. Its development in an adult person is facilitated by excess weight, excessive strain on the joints, injuries received earlier, arthritis, osteoporosis, congenital changes in the head of the femur, heredity.
Treatment and prevention of coxarthrosis
As there is no single reason for the appearance of coxarthrosis, so there is no one and only true method of treatment. At different stages of the disease, different drugs are prescribed, designed to stop pain and cramps, remove inflammation and help preserve or build up cartilage tissue. But, as a rule, some medicamental measures are not enough.
When treating a disease of any stage is a therapeutic gymnastics. Regular and correct execution of it returns the joints mobility, and the muscles - the ability to function normally. The most effective methods are recognized joint exercises of Dr. Pilyuyko, the technique of exercises Dikul and gymnastics Dr. Bubnovsky. By the way, the author of adaptive gymnastics SM Bubnovsky wears a hip joint implant.
Before starting the exercise, you should know that gymnastics with coxarthrosis of the hip joint is a healing remedy. And he, like anyone else, also has contraindications. Therapeutic gymnastics is designed to develop joints and restore their lost mobility.
When charging, it is important to remember the following rules:
- any physical load is contraindicated in the period of exacerbations;
- all exercises are performed not dynamically, but gently and smoothly;
- no sharp slopes or deep squats;
- if in the performance of certain exercises there were painful sensations, the affected area needs a gentle massage with coxarthrosis.
The complex of exercises of any kind of gymnastics should be selected separately for each patient. It is necessary to take into account the individual characteristics of the patient: the degree of the disease, general physical development and well-being.
Physiotherapy exercises by the method of Bubnovsky
Patient monitoring allowed to create a complex of therapeutic exercises that have beneficial effects on the musculoskeletal system. Thanks to gymnastics with coxarthrosis of the hip joint, the muscles retain their elasticity for a long time. To begin with, you need to learn the gymnastics for a beginner. It will help prepare the body for basic exercises and further work.
Adaptive exercises for beginners( performed 20 times each).
- It is necessary to sit on your heels, completely relax and perform breathing exercises. Then, moving his arms around in a circle and breathing in, slowly rises. Exhale to do in the starting position.
- The palms of the palms are placed on the stomach and through the tightly compressed lips, the "PF" sound is emitted when exhaled.
- Lie on your back, put your hands behind your head, legs bend at your knees. On exhalation tear the body off the floor, and on inhalation return to the starting position.
- Lie on your back, put your hands behind your head and bend your knees. On exhalation maximally raise the pelvis and move the knees.
- Lying on your back, try to close with your knees and elbows at one point.
- Lie on your right side and rest your right hand on the floor. You need to group, pulling your knees to your chest.
LFK with coxarthrosis of the hip joint, as well as diseases of the knee joints( the first 5 exercises are performed lying on the back).
- Pull out your legs, then slowly bend your foot in the knee without taking it off the floor. Take the initial position and do the exercise with the other leg.
- Raise the upper part of the body above the floor and lower it after a few seconds.
- Bent legs in the knees alternately pull your hands to the trunk. After holding in this position, return in a few seconds to the starting position.
- Raise the legs alternately over the floor, not bending at the knees, to a height of 20-30 cm.
- Straighten the legs, then lift one of them to a height of 20-30 cm, hold in this position for several seconds and gently lower it. Do the exercise with the other leg.
- Sit on a chair and lean forward, trying to touch the feet with your hands.
- In the standing position alternately, swing legs. Forward-backward and aside.
- Sitting on the floor, you need to grip the soles with your hands and lean forward more firmly.
Gymnastics in the treatment of intervertebral hernia
- In the position on all fours you need to relax the muscles, take a deep breath and slowly bend your back. After that, slowly make an exhalation, simultaneously bending the back( 20 times).
- Lie on your back, straightening your arms along the body. Deeply inhale, after which, slowly exhaling and leaning on the feet and shoulders, as high as possible to lift the pelvis above the floor. Exhale simultaneously with lowering the pelvis( 20 times).
- Lying on his back, lay his hands behind his head, his elbows pointing upwards. Bend your knees and press your chin to your chest. From this position, you need to try to get your elbows on your knees. At occurrence of easy weariness the exercise should be stopped.
- Stand on all fours and, without bending your elbows, bend forward as much as possible, then return to the starting position( 20-25 times).
The developed techniques are suitable for almost all age groups, from infants to the elderly. Separately designed gymnastics for pregnant women. With properly selected exercises, exercise and mastering the rules of breathing, which everyone can do, you can achieve excellent results.
Gymnastics for arthrosis of the hip jointCoxarthrosis( arthrosis of the hip joint) is a disease that develops due to degenerative processes and circulatory disorders in the joint, characterized by a gradual loss of its mobility and pain syndrome. Significantly slow the progression of coxarthrosis with the help of timely treatment, physiotherapy procedures, as well as medical gymnastics.
The tasks solved by therapeutic gymnastics with coxarthrosis
Gymnastics with arthrosis of the hip is designed to solve the following problems:
- To reduce pain syndrome.
- Strengthen the muscles and ligaments of the joint.
- Slow down the destruction of the articular cartilage surface.
What exercises are useful for the hip joint?
The hip joint "loves" those types of exercises that not only strengthen the surrounding muscles, but also do not force the thigh to move intensively. For this reason, long walking, running, squats, all sorts of energetic legs with coxarthrosis can only exacerbate the situation. Favorably on the joint are static exercises, when the movements in the joint are performed smoothly, at a slowed pace and with a minimum amplitude( before the onset of pain), but with this there is tension and muscle training.
Typical complex of exercises for arthrosis of the hip joint
- Initial position( IP): lie on the floor with your back up, legs put straight, hands straighten along the trunk. Raise the leg a short distance( the angle of the raised limb in relation to the floor should be about 150) and hold in this position for half a minute, and then quietly lower it. Do the same with the other leg.
- IP is the same. Alternately smoothly raise and lower the straight legs at an angle of 150, holding them at the top of the lift for a few seconds. Make 12-10 rises.
- IP is the same. We bend the right leg in the knee( angle of 900) and lift it a little distance from the floor, also holding it up for half a minute, and then gently lower it to the floor. Repeat with the left foot.
- IP is the same. Now we bend both knees in the knee( angle of 900), then slowly raise them slowly to a small height, hold them for 1-2 seconds and smoothly lower them.
- IP is the same. Slowly raise both legs, without bending at the knee, so that the angle between the floor and them is equal to 150. Then, keeping them in the raised state, smoothly bred and brought together 10-8 times.
- IP: we lay down on the side, bend the lower leg in the knee, the upper leg remains straight. Raise the upper leg at an angle of 450 and hold it for a half of a minute, then gently lower it down. Repeat by turning to the other side.
- IP: sit on the floor, keep your legs straight. Try to clasp your toes or feet with your hands, without bending your legs. We stay in this position for a few minutes.
Rules for exercise of exercise therapy in coxarthrosis
- When performing gymnastics, it is necessary to choose a position of the body that does not increase the load on the joint itself. Training of muscles is carried out by increasing the number of repetitions of movements in each exercise.
- Exercises with dosed weights also strengthen muscles, without overloading the joint itself. This is achieved by using a special cuff or rubber band attached to the foot in the ankle joint area. At the same time, exercises are performed slowly, without expanding the amplitude of motion.
- During the day it is better to perform several approaches for 10-15 minutes. There must be several hours between the approaches: this will ensure better blood circulation and nutrition of the hip joint structures, which has a beneficial effect on its recovery.
- Therapeutic exercise should be regular: that is, daily at least 5 times a week. However, it is contraindicated for the period of exacerbation of the disease, as well as if you feel unwell( for example, high blood pressure, etc.).In this case it is necessary to consult a doctor.
- Before performing the exercises for the hip joint, it is necessary to warm up the muscles properly, doing a general warm-up or doing self-massage, and after gymnastics, if possible, take a bath.
- In severe form of arthrosis due to pain, joint charging is not possible, therefore therapeutic exercise is performed by the method of performing micromotions, when the amplitude of movement in the joint is only 0.5-2 cm.
Prevention of complications development
In order to prevent the progression of coxarthrosis, experts recommend:
- Timely treatment of joint injuries.
- Normalize your weight.
- Adhere to a predominantly balanced vegetarian diet, drink enough water.
- Regularly perform exercises of therapeutic gymnastics.
The course of exercise therapy for coxarthrosis of the hip joint: video
Coxarthrosis is a serious disease that requires complex treatment. The patient can be helped by swimming, exercise therapy, moderate exercise. The course of treatment is prescribed by a doctor, and the intensity of the exercise is determined depending on the degree of development of the disease. In coxarthrosis of the hip joint, it is very important to exert a correct influence on the damaged apparatus. It prevents the growth of the damaged joint and promotes the preservation of mobility. All exercises must be performed correctly and do not overload the body. Otherwise, such actions may harm the patient.
Rules for performing gymnastic exercises
For coxarthrosis of the hip joint, it is necessary to perform an exercise course, which is aimed at the rehabilitation of damaged areas. To date, there are various video tutorials that clearly show how best to perform the exercises. It is advisable for the patient to spend the first few sessions with the trainer, which will tell you how to correctly perform the elements, and correct your mistakes. But the use of video during training is also welcome.
All the elements in the hip injury should be performed slowly, without strong jerks. A damaged device must be developed, rather than injured even more. Most of the elements are not dynamic, but static. Accompany such a charge can be swimming and massage. Visiting a masseur( or doing the manipulation himself) is best before and after classes. If the physical therapy is accompanied by unpleasant sensations in the affected area, it is best to interrupt for a while, to abandon the exercise of an exercise that provokes pain, and stretch the affected area.
The patient should avoid sharp deep squats and a strong range of motion. This can contribute to poor health. With coxarthrosis, it is important to alternate physical activities with water procedures. You can not go to the pool every day, but the patient needs it. Swimming will help to develop a damaged joint. But resort to this method of treatment is possible only when the patient's condition allows it.
After the course of gymnastics the patient needs to relax well. This will help a warm bath. If you have a pain in coxarthrosis, then take a hot bath. In the water, it is advisable to perform minor movements, which will help to eliminate tension in the muscles and painful sensations in the region of the hip joint.
When performing the elements, it must be remembered that the lessons should be regular, and the loadings should be moderate. If the patient experiences severe severe pain when performing the element, then this exercise should be removed from the general course. Painful sensations indicate that the joint can not withstand such a load, accordingly, the exercise has a harmful effect.
Exercise Complex LFK
This program is the most common and includes exercises designed specifically to improve the patient's health. With coxarthrosis, the performance of such elements is mandatory. It is worth considering that the doctor can choose an individual course of study, consisting of these exercises. All elements are made from three positions: lying on the back, lying on the stomach and standing.
If the hip joints are damaged, the course of the gymnastics starts from the supine position. The patient should stretch his arms and legs, stabilize his breathing. This is the initial position in exercise therapy. On inhalation, stretch your palms up, and on exhalation lower them. The element must be made 7 times. After that, go back to the starting position and perform an exercise to develop the knee and hip joints. Variably bend and unbend legs in the knees. Pull the heels to the pelvis and do not tear them from the floor. The element must be executed 10 times. The following exercise is important for the development of the hip joint. Go back to the starting position and turn inside the left leg. Then repeat the element with the other foot. Perform 7 turns with each limb.
Exercises lying on the stomach
For further kneading of the hip joint, it is necessary to roll over on the abdomen. Put your hands on your waist. Raise the head and the humerus by 5 cm from the floor. Hold in this position for 4-5 seconds. During this time, the patient should feel how the muscles of the entire body, including the thighs, strain. Make the element 5 times and go back to the original position. Now lift up your legs one by one from the floor and hold them for 3-4 seconds.
LFK in coxarthrosis includes only those exercises that are useful for patients. Fold your arms under your chest and lean on them. Squeeze the muscles in the pelvic region as much as you can. Hold in this position for 10 seconds and slowly relax. Now turn over on one side, lean on your arm and lift your foot. Take it back first, then forward and smoothly go back to its original position. If hip joints are damaged, it is important to perform the exercises slowly and carefully. Turn over on your stomach and place your arms under your chest. Slowly withdraw your legs in turns sideways and stay in this position for 3 seconds. Execute the element 10 times, alternating legs.
Exercises performed from standing position
For further kneading of the hip joints, you need to stand up and lean your hand on anything. It can be a chair, table or wall. When the patient has taken the starting position, he needs to stand sideways to the support and begin to perform one-footed sweeping strokes forward, backward and to the side. In total, you need to make a movement 5 times. Then, to the support, you must turn the other side and perform the element again.
Return to the original position, lift one leg and make several circular movements first to the right, then to the left. It is necessary to repeat the exercise 5 times, but if the pain does not arise, then the element can be repeated. Now grasp the support with both hands( in this case it is better to use a chair), put your feet to the width of your shoulders and slowly crouch. The semi-squad should not be too deep. Movement should not cause painful sensations. Repeat the element 8 times. Return to the original position and connect the legs. Now smoothly rise on socks. Hold for 5 seconds and just as smoothly drop down. Make the element 8 times. If you regularly do this exercise, you can significantly speed up the healing process and improve your health.
Coxarthrosis of the hip joint: therapeutic exercises, exercise, massage, exercises |Are joints aching?
exercise therapy and exercises
There are a number of techniques and specially selected complexes of therapeutic physical training that allow you to fight this disease and alleviate its symptoms. The role of therapeutic gymnastics in coxarthrosis of the hip joint is to develop the affected joint.
Experience 29 years. He is engaged in diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the musculoskeletal system.Savchenko Andrei Vasilevich
Manual therapist, OrthopedistCharge with coxarthrosis of the hip joint is an integral element in the fight against the disease. The methods of Dr. Evdokimenko, Bubnovsky and Gitt VD have gained wide popularity and proved their effectiveness. Each exercise should be performed up to 10 times, while breathing should be free, and physical activity should not be accompanied by acute pain. It is also worth remembering that excessive physical activity can provoke a worsening of the situation.
Complex of the most effective exercises you can practice:
- In prone position, it is necessary to bend the leg in the knee, and then gradually pull it out.
- In the prone position( the feet fit tightly to the floor, legs bend in the knees), you should strain the gluteus muscles and try to raise the pelvis higher.
- For the next exercise it is necessary to sit on a chair, squeeze the ball with your knees and squeeze it with force several times.
- In the prone position, hands to press against the trunk. To carry out the ascent of straightened legs.
- In the prone position on the abdomen, the legs are raised to an angle of 20 degrees. Then slowly grow them in different directions.
- In a sitting position on a solid surface, legs straight, you should bend slightly forward and try to clasp your hands with your toes and feet.
Classes should be held regularly, to relieve tension, you can take a warm bath after doing the necessary exercises.
For exercises with coxarthrosis of the hip joint, there are a number of contraindications:
- Increased body temperature( over 37 degrees).
- Rehabilitation period after surgery.
- Osteoarthritis( stage of exacerbation).
- With cardiac and pulmonary insufficiency.
- Period of menstruation.
Before proceeding with exercises of exercise therapy in coxarthrosis of the hip joint, it is necessary to consult your doctor in advance.
Such a disease as coxarthrosis can be avoided if you perform timely prevention. Hatha yoga is perfect for this. This kind of yoga therapy is aimed at improving the general well-being of a person, as well as normalizing his psychological state and fighting against systemic diseases.
Classes are usually held under the supervision of a special instructor( yoga-tichera), which will help to adjust the intensity of the load and pick up the complex of asanas( exercises).Groups of yoga therapy are formed individually for each disease.
There should be a short break between each of the asanas, and each of the exercises is accompanied by a special breathing technique. Yoga in coxarthrosis of the hip joint is an important, additional element in the treatment of this disease. Individual classes are considered the most effective.
The massage procedure for coxarthrosis of the hip joint is performed before, as well as after the exercise of exercise therapy. This safe element of treatment is applicable at any stage of arthrosis. Massage helps reduce puffiness, strengthen muscles, stretch the joint, relieve tension. My patients use a proven means, which can get rid of the pain in 2 weeks without much effort.
Coxarthrosis: treatment, therapeutic gymnastics, exercise complex, diet and preparations
self-massage One of the ailments that can affect a person of any age group is coxarthrosis: treatment of the disease in the early stages will be guaranteed successful. This is the ailment of the presence of dystrophic processes in the hip joint. Any orthopedist and surgeon is well aware of what coxarthrosis is and how to treat it. Therefore, it is necessary to contact these doctors for help.IMPORTANT TO KNOW!A new means of restoring joints in 99% of subjects. The pain goes away 100%!Read more here - & gt;
The main symptom of coxarthrosis is pain. Unpleasant sensations can spread not only on the thigh area, but also on the knee, the attachment points of the tendons, and the inguinal zone.
Medical treatment of coxarthrosis
Hip joint therapy has been established to take measures aimed at reducing pain syndrome, inflammation, and preventing the development of a degenerative process in the cartilage. Timely medical treatment of coxarthrosis guarantees the recovery of . Medication can be prescribed to a patient both in the form of tablets, capsules, ointments, and in the form of intraarticular and intramuscular injections, blockades.
After going to the doctor, the patient actively begins to exercise with the diagnosis of coxarthrosis treatment: drugs are usually prescribed taking into account various factors. Medical therapy provides for the use of:
- anti-inflammatory drugs( movalis, diclofenac) - allowing to remove not only inflammation, but also swelling;
- vasodilator drugs( tsinarezin, trental) - improving the blood supply near the patient joint. Thanks to this, the body will recover much faster;
- medications, relaxing muscles - muscle relaxants( sirdalud, midocalm);
- drugs, restoring the structure of cartilage - mainly used chondroprotectors in coxarthrosis, like arteparone, glucosamine, rumalon, structum;
- of steroid hormones( hydrocortisone, Kenalog, motelpred), in the form of injections.
Nutrition with coxarthrosis of the hip joint
The appointment of a diet with coxarthrosis is an important step towards recovery. The nutrition adjustment can provide the damaged body with the necessary elements for its "construction".The vital activity of the hip joint is maintained by a special fluid produced in it. The amount of this lubricant affects the damping of the joint, and the quality - on saturation with nutrients.
Nutrition with coxarthrosis of the hip joint requires restrictions in the use of salt, a large number of which leads to swelling. It is also necessary to limit the reception of sweet dishes, to replace glucose with fructose. Provides a diet for coxarthrosis of hip joint use of cottage cheese, hard cheese and fermented milk products. Preference is given to cereals and bread from grain, bran or rye.
Drug treatment for coxarthrosis must necessarily take place in parallel with diet therapy. This is necessary because a complete set of nutrients can trigger the mechanism of self-repair of cartilage.
LFK and gymnastics with coxarthrosis
In complex hip joint therapy, exercise and gymnastics play a big role. With their help it is possible to render "useful" loading on the amazed joint and to restore in full the motor function of the organ.
In view of the fact that in some cases, any load is contraindicated, therapeutic gymnastics can be prescribed for coxarthrosethesis of the joint only by the doctor.
Exercises in the initial stages of coxarthrosis
After the patient has received instructions on how to treat coxarthrosis, he begins to perform a set of physical exercises in parallel with therapy. Each movement should be repeated at least 3-5 times, gradually bringing up to 10 repetitions. Each posture is fixed for a couple of seconds. During exercise, you need to breathe freely, and relax during breaks. Mild tenderness of the joint is permissible.
If the cartilage lesions are insignificant, the following exercises are recommended for prikoksartroze of the hip joint:
- lying on the back - bend the knee in the knee, and then pull it out;grasp the leg under the knee with both hands and pull as close to the stomach as possible, the second leg should be stretched out;
- bend the leg being worked with the opposite hand and hold it in this position;bend both legs in the knees, tightly pressing the soles to the floor and lift the pelvis;
- lying on the abdomen - bend a sore leg in the knee joint at a right angle and lift up;stretch your legs evenly;
- lying on its side, place an emphasis on the palm and elbow of the opposite hand, extend the leg and lift it upwards so that the sole is 90 ° to the shin;
- sitting on a chair - connect the feet and knees, and then unfold the heels to the maximum distance from each other;also sitting on a chair you can pinch a ball between the knees or a small pillow and squeeze.
With the diagnosis of coxarthrosis 1 degree of treatment with the help of exercises can be conducted in the gym. The execution of the complex exercises is allowed as an independent , and under the guidance of the instructor . It is necessary to visit such trainings regularly even after the last signs of an illness have disappeared. How is LCA performed with coxarthrosis of the hip joint to look at the video.
Exercises for severe coxarthrosis
In those cases where there was a severe lesion of the hip joint tissues, the most justified will be a sparing set of exercises. At 3 degrees, effective treatment of coxarthrosis without surgery is possible if you perform exercises according to the method of VD.Gitta. This complex can be used not only by seriously ill people, but also by those patients who are being treated with grade 2 coxarthrosis.
Physical exercises by the method of V.D.Gitta:
- 1 exercise: lying on your stomach, stretch your arms along the torso, first putting a small cushion under your feet. Then, rolling on the belly, gently rock from side to side with hips with an amplitude of 2-3 cm. Such rotational movements should be performed before meals 3 times a day. Weak patients are recommended an interval of 3-5 minutes, more active patients - 10 minutes;
- 2 exercise: lying on your back, stretching and slightly spreading your legs, alternately turn them out and inwards, with an amplitude of movements not more than 0.5-1 cm. For a better effect under the knees, you need to put a roller;
- 3 exercise: sitting, tightly pressing the feet to the floor, and placing your feet on the width of the shoulders, easily and without tension, reduce and dilute the knees. The amplitude of the movements is minimal - 0.5-1 cm. The total time of the movement, which must be distributed for the whole day - from 3 to 6 hours;
- 4 Exercise is for the weakest patients: it is necessary to make a loop over the bed and in the prone position to stick a leg in it to the middle of the calf. Relax the limb and shake it around or bend and unbend it at the knee. All perform with minimum amplitude;
- 5 exercise: become a healthy leg on the dais and shake the patient with a foot, left-right and back-to-back, adhering to the support. It takes 5-10 minutes 2-3 times a day.
Not many know which doctor treats coxarthrosis with the help of exercises . This role is assigned to the manual therapist, who is V.D.Gitt. It is important that during the exercise the patient does not feel a strong pain, otherwise the activity should be stopped. It is possible to adhere to this medical complex independently. To do this, just watch the video of how the lessons are done.
Massage with coxarthrosis
When hitting the hip cartilage is effective, not only classical, but also vibrating massage performed by a manual or electronic massager. Treatment of coxarthrosis joints with vibrations is quite effective, but it can only be carried out after carrying out a manual kneading of the body. If the diagnosis of coxarthrosis of the third degree is established, treatment with a massage in combination with the massage will not yield any result.
Massage with coxarthrosis of the hip joint is performed 3 times a day. The duration of the session is 10 minutes. Before performing the procedure, the doctor must evaluate the patient's condition and adjust the manual therapy.
Technique of therapeutic massage
Experienced manual therapists are well aware of how to cure coxarthrosis with the help of massage. For this, the patient is laid. Shallow and easily massage nearby painless areas. Then begins stroking and kneading the back and lower part of it. Then the massage of the lumbar region begins immediately. The waist is stretched along the spine and the sacro-gluteal region is massaged.
After the massage of the thigh and the area of the affected joint is performed. This procedure can be started only if the previous procedures are followed, if the patient has weak pain. Massage is done very carefully, with minimal effort, slowly and accurately. From the procedure to the procedure, the intensity of the exposure is increased. See how the massage is performed on video.
self-massage Depending on the intensity with which coxarthrosis manifests itself, the treatment is carried out with an emphasis on suppressing the main manifestations of the disease. So, self-massage will help the patient to reduce the level of pain syndrome and a feeling of stiffness in the joint, increase blood circulation and nutrition of the body. It is much easier to defeat coxarthrosis and its treatment is directed to an effective channel when performing a massage.
When self-kneading the hip, the same techniques are used as with a conventional manual massage:
Self-massage can only help in the 1st and 2nd stages of coxarthrosis. Treatment of coxarthrosis of the third degree provides for exclusively surgical intervention, since at this stage the cartilage is almost completely absent. The duration of self-massage is 10 minutes. You can perform the procedure schematically: three weeks a day or every other day to carry out the procedure, then make a three-week break. To make self-massage it is possible, relying on a video instruction.
Methods of treatment for coxarthrosis of the hip - what you need to know for everyone
Treatment methods for coxarthrosis of the hip joint
In the complex treatment of coxarthrosis, exercise therapy plays a large role. However, it must be remembered that an incorrect load can bring great harm to diseased joints instead of good. Therefore, it is very important to choose the right set of exercises for coxarthrosis.
In the initial stages of
If the hip joint lesions are not yet very significant, then the following set of exercises for coxarthrosis can be recommended.
Lying on the back, bend the leg as much as possible in the knee joint, then pull it out.
Lying on your back, clasp your legs under your knee with both hands and pull as close to the stomach as possible, squeeze the second elongated leg to the floor.
Lying on the back, bend the leg, with the opposite hand, hold your foot in this position.
Lying on your back, bend your knees, the soles are firmly pressed to the floor. Tighten the buttocks and raise the pelvis as high as possible.
Lying on your stomach, bend your knee at a right angle and lift it over the floor.
Lying on your side, lean on the elbow and palm of the opposite hand. Pull up the elongated leg, the sole should be at a right angle to the shin. If the exercise is easy, you can use an elastic band, tied around the ankles, or a load of 1-2 kg.
Sitting on a chair with feet firmly pressed to the floor, connect the knees and feet and unfold the heels as hard as possible outward.
Sitting on a chair with feet firmly pressed to the floor, grip the ball or pillow between the knees and squeeze.
Lie on your stomach for a while with your legs stretched out.
Start with each movement from 3 to 5 times, gradually bring the number of repetitions to 10. Pay special attention to the exercise that causes you the most difficulties. Fix the final pose for a couple of seconds. Between the exercises, relax. Exercise can be accompanied by mild soreness( but not strong).
Do not hold your breath during exercise, breathe freely.
Warning! If during the exercises there are noticeable painful sensations - this complex can not be used! In more severe cases of coxarthrosis, the following set of exercises is recommended.
Exercises for severe forms of
This complex of exercises for coxarthrosis is based on the technique of VD.Gitta. This complex can be recommended both at the initial stages of the disease, and in more severe cases.
Nutrition for coxarthrosis of the hip joint should be balanced, although specialists could not develop the right diet, but they are sure that it is necessary to completely eliminate fat, sharp and salty foods from the diet. First of all you need to get rid of excess weight, so as not to create unnecessary strain on your legs.
It is very important not to overdo it with the diet, since it is not necessary to underestimate the correctness of nutrition with coxarthrosis, because right now our body needs enrichment with the necessary substances.
Nutrition for coxarthrosis of the hip joint Feeding with coxarthrosis of the hip joint should be fractional and with small portions, and it is also necessary to balance proteins, fats, carbohydrates and trace elements correctly.
For the enrichment of proteins suitable heart, liver, fish, legumes, mushrooms and eggs, just do not forget that eggs are saturated with cholesterol, and eating them more than three pieces per week is not recommended.
To enrich carbohydrates, eat bananas, potatoes, berries, beets and carrots. Carbohydrates are rich in fiber, and it improves the intestinal microflora and actively struggles with excess kilograms.
To enrich the body with fats, use vegetable food, because it is fats that synthesize the cell walls of cartilage and help to cope with coxarthrosis.
Proper nutrition with coxarthrosis of the hip joint can only be picked up by a dietitian, and self-selected diets can only worsen your condition.
1. Kashi has always been called a useful product, which, moreover, is very easy to prepare. This diet is not an exception, only in this case it is necessary to follow certain rules when preparing them: cook cereals before half-cooked, and then leave for about an hour under a warm blanket. Honey, dried fruits, vegetables and berries - these products can become excellent flavor additives to the resulting dish. But it is worth considering that semolina porridge, unfortunately some, is banned, but unpolished rice and buckwheat, on the contrary, in special honor.
2. For ardent sweet lovers, this principle will be especially difficult, but it's worth it. Common sugar is better to replace with fruits that are so rich in various vitamins and trace elements. For example, as an addition to an ordinary breakfast you can eat an apple or a pear.
3. Also from the diet is to completely exclude flour products that are unlikely to help the patient with coxarthrosis, but a couple of extra pounds with ease can add. Instead of ordinary rolls or pies, you need to eat rye bread, which, of course, will bring much more benefit.
4. With this diet, you can eat fish in absolutely any form, but the addition of salt in this dish is still desirable to be slightly limited, as its excessive consumption can eventually lead to even greater problems with the joints.
5. It is better to replace dairy products with dairy products. Kefir, ryazhenka and yogurt - the choice is yours. If someone does not like them very much, then you can add a little honey. At the same time, the taste will become more pleasant, and utility will not be lost at all.
A diet with coxarthrosis will help strengthen bones and joints, and also slightly relieve the unpleasant symptoms of this disease, and the use of all methods of treatment can completely relieve you of this defect.
Read more about chondroprotectors for arthrosis of the knee joint here.
On the prevention of arthrosis of the knee joint can be found at http: //sustavprof.ru/bolezni/ar/ artroz-kolennogo-sustava.html.
You can perform exercises from various complexes of therapeutic gymnastics( LFK), if:
is currently your osteoarthritis is in remission, that is, its manifestations are minimal;
Doing such exercises is strongly discouraged in cases where:
disease is in an aggravation stage;you recently suffered some serious surgery;you suffer from acute diseases of various internal organs;you have a fever( above 37.5);in the presence of a hernia, with severe heart and lung disorders( cardiac, pulmonary insufficiency)
Useful tips before you start:
Tip # 1.After you have found a suitable set of therapeutic exercises for you( even if it is on our site), be sure to consult a doctor about whether you can perform it.
Do not forget that even useful exercises performed in the wrong period of illness or in the wrong amount can do more harm than good! Be sure to discuss this with a doctor-arthrologist or a competent doctor-instructor LFK.
Tip # 2.Competent gymnastics with deforming arthrosis is primarily aimed at giving a useful load to the muscles and ligaments in the hip joint region, but not to the joint itself, which is already worn out. If you use exercises in which the joint loads are very high, then be sure to discuss this with your doctor: unfortunately, many people who make up such gymnastic complexes do not even have medical education. Exercise with coxarthrosis
Tip # 3.In a good complex of gymnastics for osteoarthritis of static loads, there should be much more than dynamic exercises. Static is called such exercises, in which, for example, you need to raise your foot and lock it for a few seconds in this position, as if frozen in place.
If such movements are sufficient, the ligaments and muscles of the legs receive the load necessary for restoring the joint, and the hip joint, on the contrary, participates in such exercises to a minimum and therefore does not wear out.
Tip # 4.Therapeutic gymnastics is the simplest and most democratic method of treatment. It does not require any financial investments from you, you do not need to go through complicated medical and diagnostic procedures, to look for medicines and so on. So do not ignore him at all: be patient and have willpower, and be sure to perform all the necessary exercises regularly, every day, and the time will come when you will finally feel the result.
Since the mechanism of development of coxarthrosis has an individual character and is symptomatic, treatment of the disease will be aimed at reducing the static and dynamic disorders that occur in the locomotor apparatus and reducing the pain syndrome in the patient. In the treatment of coxarthrosis, the age of the patient, the stage of the disease, and also its clinical manifestations should be taken into account.
Massage with coxarthrosis is prescribed at all stages of the disease. In the first-second stage, massage is the next point after the appointment of drugs designed to reduce the pain syndrome and perform a general strengthening effect on the patient's body. That is, first prescribe vitamins, aloe juice and other similar drugs, apply laser treatment and cryotherapy, reduce the load on the legs( walk less, lie more).And only after this treatment is included hand massage of the hip, hip and lumbar region, which is combined with the implementation of a complex of exercises of therapeutic gymnastics.
In addition, in the course of treatment in a hospital environment, a patient may be prescribed hydrokinetic therapy( jet massage) and joint extension. The latter can be carried out on the traction table, but it is better to trust the competent manual therapist: the extension of the joint with the hands is much more correct and effective.
In the third stage of development, coxarthrosis is treated promptly. The first four weeks after surgery, the patient includes only light loads, warm-up exercises, etc. in his regime. Massage is prescribed after the removal of surgical sutures and is designed to improve blood circulation in the affected area, relieve tension from the muscles, strengthen them and promptly rehabilitate. Massage in the third stage of coxarthrosis also includes hydrokinetic therapy( underwater massage) and procedures that are performed manually.
Massage with coxarthrosis is considered one of the most effective and harmless methods of physiotherapy against the disease. If there is a good masseur, this procedure should be carried out as often as possible. Massage helps strengthen the muscles, relieve tension and swelling, increase diastase between the articulating elements of the hip joint. Even in the absence of the opportunity to undergo massage procedures with a specialist, it is highly recommended that patients use simple self-massage of the hips, lumbar and gluteal region. This is the method that will not do much harm, but on the contrary will help strengthen the body in the fight against coxarthrosis.
Features of therapeutic gymnastics
It must be remembered that gymnastics with coxarthrosis for the first time should be conducted under the supervision of a professional and be absolutely safe.1. Before the exercises and after they are completed, it is necessary to massage the thighs and the hip area with the help of light massaging movements.2. It is forbidden to perform exercises that cause severe pain in the affected area.3. All movements are carried out smoothly, with moderate intensity, in order to avoid unnecessary harshness and haste in injuring the affected joint.4. Physical exercises should be more static than dynamic.5. With muscle soreness gymnastic exercises can be performed in a warm bath, starting with light movements of low amplitude. Any water procedures, whether swimming in the pool or tempering on natural water in the summer, have a beneficial effect on the treatment of coxarthrosis.6. Physiotherapy with coxarthrosis clearly excludes deep-amplitude movements, sharp pelvic turns, assiduous squats and any axial load on the hip joints, so be careful during the sessions and follow the doctor's instructions exactly.
Consider the most common sets of exercises for arthrosis of the hip joint.
Complex of exercises №1
Performing lying on the back.1. It is necessary to stretch the legs forward, and hands to place along the trunk. This position of the body will be the starting point for subsequent exercises. Slowly raise your hands to inhale and lower them as you exhale. Do 6 repetitions.2. To do flexion and extensor movements in elbows for 6 - 8 repetitions.3. Perform rotational movements of the knee joints inward 6 times.4. Put your hands on your waist and push your legs apart, leaving your heels on the rug.5. Keep your hands on your belt and for 10 seconds perform slow movements with your feet, as when riding a bicycle.6. Repeat the first exercise.
Complex of exercises №2
Performing lying on the back.1. Put your hands on your hips and smoothly lift your head and shoulders, fixing them in this position for a few seconds, return to the starting position and repeat after 10 seconds.2. Raise straightened legs 6 times while holding hands on hips.3. Put your hands in front of your chest and squeeze your pelvic muscles. Lock this position for a couple of seconds and relax.4. Turning on a healthy side, bend the arm in the elbow and put a head on it. In this position, raise and remove the aching leg, stay for a few seconds and smoothly lower the leg to the mat. Do 8 repetitions.
Exercises with a focus on the back of the chair
1. Stand with the emphasis on the back of the chair on a healthy leg and do the flies patient leg up to 8 times.2. And now stand on both feet, leaning on the back of the chair, do half-squats 6-8 times.3. Slowly rise on the toes with the support and return to the starting position. Do 10 times.
This disease, like arthrosis of the hip joint, should not occur in the complete immobility of a person. On the contrary, it is necessary to move with this violation, but it should be done carefully and only with health benefits.
Exercises are performed lying on the back:
1) The legs are stretched forward, hands along the trunk. We raise our hands upwards on inhalation and lower them down on exhalation. Repeat 6-8 times at a slow pace.
2) From the same starting position, bend and unbend your arms at the elbows.(6-8 times)
3) From the same starting position, bend and unbend one leg at a time in the knees without lifting the heels from the mat( 8-10 times).
4) From the same initial position, rotate the straightened legs inwards, then return them( 8 times).
5) Keep your hands on your belt. We raise the legs to the sides without lifting the heels of the rug and return it at a slow pace( 8 times).
6) Hands on the belt. Within 10-15 seconds we kick our bicycle exercise at a slow and steady pace.
7) Hands along the trunk. We raise our arms straight up on inhalation, and lower them on exhalation( 6 times).
Further therapeutic exercise with coxarthrosis is performed lying on the abdomen:
8) Hands on hips. We lift the head and shoulders, hold for a few seconds, and return to and. We perform smoothly every two seconds 6 times.
9) Hands on hips, alternately lift smoothly straight legs( 6 times).
10) Hands in front of the chest. Raise the upper shoulder girdle, do 3 movements with your hands, as if you are swimming in the style of "breaststroke"( 6 times).
11) We hold hands in front of the chest and contract the muscles of the pelvic girdle, then hold them for a few seconds and relax. As you train, you can hold the position for up to 10-12 seconds.
Now we turn to the healthy side:
12). .. and put our head on the elbow bent at the elbow. We raise and remove the diseased leg, then gently lower and relax the muscles( 8 times).
We stand on a healthy leg:
13) We rely on the back of the chair from the side of the healthy leg and make unsharp flies with the patient's leg back and forth( 10 times).
14) In the same starting position, make a circular motion sick foot 8 times.
We stand on both feet:
15) With both hands lean against the back of the chair. We do a half-squat and return to and.(10 times).
16) The information system is the same. But now we are already on our toes and come back( 10 times).
Gymnastics with coxarthrosis formed the basis of the method of kinesitherapy. Bubnovsky, who developed special simulators and a set of exercises aimed primarily at combating the cause of the disease, hypokinesia.
How long have we known, "movement is life", and therefore in coxarthrosis, to limit yourself in mobility is by no means worthwhile, you just have to listen carefully to yourself and continue to go forward no matter what.
Treatment of it is like a variety of methods, most often with the help of tablets and ointments, aimed at getting rid of pain. But the hip joint itself, whose treatment with anesthetics is not possible, starts to work worse, which is expressed by a violation of the gait.
Buy in the pharmacy two excellent ointments - Viprosal( on snake venom) and Apizarthron( on bee venom).Constantly, ie daily and several times a day rub the entire area painful and grasping the muscles around it. Do this until the cure and some time after that to fix the solidly obtained effect. In what sequence to apply ointments - it does not matter. The main thing to apply. More and more often include in food fresh vegetables, herbs, fruits, berries. Drink vitamin and anti-inflammatory herbal teas with honey.\ Aibolit 19,2003., With.2 \
Intra-articular injections are sometimes the most effective method of treatment. Injections into the hip joint have a number of advantages. Sticking hormonal medications is often a good result, especially if there are some other co-morbidities. But it's worth remembering that injections into the hip joint also have side effects. It is also important to observe two important conditions. The first is no more than three injections in each joint. The second is a break between injections for at least two weeks.
Another method of treating arthrosis is topical preparations. Very many people believe that all kinds of lotions, ointments, compresses are the best means of treating joints. But this is far from the case. The hip joint is located deep under the skin. The likelihood that the substances of the ointment or compress will get to the joint is very, very small. However, the process of rubbing itself is of a favorable nature, often helps to relieve pain, muscle spasm.
1. Without anesthetics, still not necessary. It surprises me( no, it's disturbing) how doctors can prescribe diclofenac, indomethacin, nimesulide( nise), ibuprofen( teraflex Advance) in our illness. Okay, patients may not know the intricacies, but doctors must know that in addition to the negative effects on the digestive tract( ulcers are provided), these drugs with long-term use destroy the most valuable thing that we have - HR.
More sparing active ingredients have been synthesized: meloxicam( Movalis), coxibs( Celebrex), aceclofenac( Aertal).The list is not complete, if you like, search for yourself - the phrase for searching: »NSAIDs destroy cartilage» or something like this. I chose the Airal for myself. For almost a year I drank tablets 10 of 60 in the package. The saw was basically "for prophylaxis"( if not forgotten): for example, before riding a bicycle.
Why did I take so little pain in my whole life?
Because I'm used to treating my pain with respect. Pain is a protective reaction of the body. If it is silenced by the first squeak, there will be a deceptive feeling of recovery, and there will be no time to take care of and not burden the joints and laziness. And the disease continues to do its vile business, it's a chronic one. With arthrosis, there are two types of pain.
First - because of muscle spasms. He is basically not terrible, but unpleasant. This pain is piercing, sudden and as it were pulling( for example, from the hip to the knees).Appears on level ground. In this case, the main thing for me is to "lie down".That is, minimum loads, no charge. It goes by itself from a couple of days to a week.
The second type of pain is the most insidious. This is pain from the inflammatory process in the joints. Nocturnal, pointed, can visit at night. The dirty trick is that it's not the inflammation itself that is dangerous, but its products, which simply kill our unhappy cartilage. And if the first pain can be endured, then the second one should take NSAIDs. Which, at what dose and for how long - everyone decides for himself.