Therapeutic exercises in diseases of the spine
Unpleasant sensations in the back or severe pain can be a sign of several diseases of the spinal column. If they do not take any measures when they appear, in the future such indifference to their health can lead to an operating table or a wheelchair. Therefore, with the initial symptoms of the pathology of the spine, it is necessary to proceed to the most effective therapeutic and prophylactic measure - therapeutic gymnastics.
Physiotherapy exercises should enter into the habit of every person who worries about his health. Taking a minimum of time and effort, it will bring maximum benefit not only to the spine, but to the entire body.
People who do not have diagnosed diseases of the back, can do themselves and select the complex depending on their preferences. Patients with a known pathology of the spine should begin therapeutic gymnastics under the guidance of a physiotherapist. This is especially true for people with severe curvature of the vertebral column, intervertebral hernia, stenosis of the canal of the spinal cord. It is also shown to those who underwent surgery on the spine.
Therapeutic gymnastics is used not only to treat pathology of the musculoskeletal system, but also for the prevention of
. Basic types of curative gymnastics for the spine
. First, it is necessary to clarify that curative gymnastics for the spine can be divided into general wellness, which is intended for healthy people or for those, who has an initial stage of osteochondrosis, as well as a special stage, which is used for various diseases of the spinal column.
Depending on the elements of physical exercise, the effects of exercise therapy on the body( relaxation, stretching, strengthening muscles, etc.) distinguish 3 groups of techniques for exercises for the spine:
- Exercises with dance elements. This includes aerobics, step aerobics and others. They not only strengthen all the muscles of the body, promote weight loss, but also perfectly train the cardiovascular system.
- Strength exercises. Contribute to the development of the muscular framework of a certain part of the body( depending on the chosen complex).In diseases of the spine, all movements are selected to strengthen the muscles of the back. This includes calanetics, athletic gymnastics, shaping, fitness, etc.
- Exercises based on oriental teachings and techniques. They train the respiratory system, all movements are static, they develop flexibility and elasticity of the muscles. This group includes yoga, Chinese gymnastics, qigong, wushu and others.
Regularly performed gymnastic complex allows:
- to develop a muscular back skeleton to support the vertebrae and reduce the load on them;
- strengthen the muscles and ligament of the back;
- to develop muscle elasticity, which reduces the risk of injury;
- improve blood circulation, metabolic processes in tissues;
- improve posture, reduce the degree of curvature of the spine;
- to improve well-being;
- to reduce the severity of the pain syndrome;
- increase physical endurance of the body;
- to improve the mood.
Gymnastics can be practiced in the
pool. General recommendations and rules
. In order for therapeutic exercises to bring only benefit and do no harm to you, remember the following rules and recommendations:You can also read: What exercises do you have for scoliosis?
- all exercises should be performed without pain, if one is present, then it is necessary to reduce the amplitude of movements or completely stop the exercises;
- if you have any disease of the spinal column, then you can start the exercises only without exacerbation, with active pain syndrome any exercises are contraindicated;
- is not recommended to take abrupt and abrupt movements, they should all be smooth and slow( this will avoid injury during training);
- complex exercises should be performed regularly, only in this way you can achieve success;
- any gym complex should start with warm-up and stretching;
- before classes is forbidden to use any medication of an anesthetic character, otherwise you may not notice how the pain syndrome will begin, than you can hurt yourself.
Important! Therapeutic gymnastics is contraindicated in congestive heart failure, aortic aneurysm, high degree of hypertension, respiratory failure. It is not prescribed during the recovery period after a previous myocardial infarction, with diabetes mellitus with severe complications.
Wellness for back exercises
This complex of exercises is designed to prevent diseases of the musculoskeletal system, as well as to treat their initial stages. In the event of any violations, it is better to consult a doctor about each exercise.
- Turning the head to the sides and tilting up and down. Repeat 10 times for each movement.
- Circular smooth movements of the head in both directions, repeat 15 times.
- Exercises with resistance, which perfectly strengthen the muscles of the neck. The principle is very simple: we try to bend the head or turn it, but from the opposite side it exerts resistance with the other hand. Repeat 10 times for each type of movement.
- You can put a heavy book on your head for 2-3 minutes.
Approximate complex of exercise therapy for the cervical spine
Thoracic and lumbar
- We are on all fours. He begins to perform the exercise "cat".Slowly we curl our backs up, head down. In this position, we linger for 5 seconds. Then, just as smoothly bend your back, and pull your head up. We are delayed again for 5 seconds, then the whole complex is repeated again.10 approaches are enough.
- Position - lying on the back, legs bent at the knees. Hands along the trunk. Smoothly tear off the pelvis from the floor and pull up, stay for a few seconds and smoothly return to the starting position. Repeat 10 times.
- Position - lying on the stomach. We perform the exercise "snake".Hands rest on the floor, back and neck bend as far back as possible. We linger in this position, then smoothly return back. Repeat 10 times.
- Position - standing on all fours. Slowly remove the straight leg back and perform the swings. Then we change our foot. It is enough to repeat 10 times for each leg.
- Exercise "scissors" and "bicycle".
- Exercise "boat".Position - lying on the abdomen, arms and legs stretched along the axis of the body. Slowly tear off the limbs from the floor and bend in the back, stay in this position, then slowly descend. Repeat 10 times.
About the technique of Dikul
Therapeutic gymnastics under the instruction of V. Dikul
One of the most effective methods of curative gymnastics for the spine is the author's method of Valentin Ivanovich Dikul. Treatment by this method allows in most cases to return the affected segment of the spine mobility.
Doctor of Medical Sciences, academician V. Dikul once suffered from a compression fracture of the vertebra, which threatened him with the development of disability. Only the perseverance of man and the personally developed rehabilitation program allowed us to get back on our feet.
The method of Dikul includes:
- Two complexes LFK.The first complex consists of daily exercises that are performed in the morning( for the muscles of the back and legs) and in the evening( for the muscles of the abdomen, chest and arms).The main task is to develop a muscular corset to support the musculoskeletal system. The second complex begins after mastering the first, its main task is restoration of elasticity of ligaments and muscle fibers.
- Manual therapy.
- Special drinking regime.
About the method of Bubnovsky
The technique of LFK Dr. Bubnovsky is also called kinesiotherapy. Before the beginning of the training, all patients undergo a detailed diagnosis of the condition of the musculoskeletal system in the medical center. And only after that for each person in an individual order the gymnastic complex is selected.
The technique consists of a complex of gymnastic exercises, as well as a series of exercises on a specially designed simulator. All classes are conducted in an outpatient mode at a time convenient for the patient under the supervision of instructors.
As an addition to the basic elements used joint exercises, massage and cryotherapy.
In conclusion, it should be noted that therapeutic gymnastics is an effective and, perhaps, the main way to prevent and treat diseases of the spinal column. And the earlier you start regular classes, the more chances to save your health.
Curative gymnastics for the spine
Hypodynamia or a sedentary lifestyle is inherent in most modern people. That is why the special relevance is gained by therapeutic gymnastics for the spine, which now would be worthwhile for every second, if not everyone at all. At first it's difficult, laziness, there is no time - and then you will get involved, notice an improvement in well-being and cut out the minutes for such activities with pleasure. Today you can find Tibetan, Japanese, Chinese, manual exercises for the spine, but we will consider a classic version approved by experts from Russia, recommended by leading doctors and chiropractors. Doing an unchecked technique can be dangerous, because the spine is sensitive to external influences.
Spinal gymnastics for the spine: neck section
These exercises are especially relevant for those who suffer from neck pain, from headaches, as well as for everyone whose diagnosis is cervical osteochondrosis.
- Starting position: sitting on a chair or standing, hands along the trunk. Turn the head to the extreme left position, then to the right. Repeat 5-10 times.
- Starting position: sitting or standing, hands along the trunk. Lower your head down, trying to press your chin to your chest. Repeat 5-10 times.
- Starting position: sitting or standing, hands along the trunk. Move your head back, while slowly pulling your chin. Repeat 5-10 times.
- Starting position: sitting, put the palm on the forehead. Bowing his head forward, press the palm on his forehead for about 10 seconds, then take a break. Repeat 10 times.
- Starting position: sitting, put the palm on the temple. Tilting his head to the side, press on it with the palm of his hand for 10 seconds. Relax. Repeat 10 times.
- Starting position: sitting or lying on the floor. Massage the area of the muscles on the back of the head. Press hard enough for 3-4 minutes.
In case you are experiencing pain, you should definitely use the massage technique, and then go to the exercises. This will help to solve the problem as quickly as possible.
Therapeutic exercises for the spine: thoracic department
If you suffer from neck pain, you should also perform this complex, as these two are linked together. If the pain is in your thoracic area, then you are advised to additionally apply and exercises for the cervical department.
- Starting position: sitting on a chair, put your hands on the back of the head. Back down, pressing the spine to the top of the back of the chair. Bend back, and then lean forward. Repeat 3-4 times.
- Starting position: sitting or standing, hands along the trunk. Raise the shoulders, stand for 10 seconds. Relax, breathe. Repeat 5-10 times.
- Starting position: lie on the back, under the thoracic area, place a hard roller with a diameter of 10 cm. Bend, lift the upper trunk. Move the roller up or down and repeat. For each zone you need 4-5 lifts.
As a rule, this department of the spine is less painful, so a few exercises are enough. Excellent self-massage or massage helps with the help of another person or a massage.
Therapeutic exercises for the spine
When doing the exercises, make sure that there is no strong pain. Either do the exercise more smoothly, or try another.
- Starting position: lying on the back, hands along the body, legs slightly bent. Strain the abdominal muscles 5-10 times.
- Starting position: lying on the back, hands along the body, legs stretched. Raise the humeral girdle, stand for 10 seconds. After rest, repeat. Run 10 times.
- Starting position: lying on the back, legs bent. The right hand is on the left knee, the left one is on the right knee. Raise your leg, but with your hand, resist. Repeat 5-10 times for each side.
The main thing is regularity! Daily works will give you the long-awaited result.
Therapeutic Tibetan gymnastics for the spine
Diseases of the back in our time are rapidly growing younger. For example, osteochondrosis, which used to be considered an exceptionally "age-related" disease, is now also found in fairly young people. At the same time, no one pays attention to such things, and most people try to engage in self-medication. Not too successful, you have to admit, because you can not get rid of the pain medication by anesthetics, and we normally have a "full time" treatment. That is why the increasing popularity is gained by various preventive gymnastics, for example - Tibetan gymnastics for the spine.
Why is prevention needed?
In light of all the above, it is necessary to understand that is the most actual way to combat diseases of the spine is prevention, rather than treating the already existing problem of .Treatment of serious diseases( for example, herniated intervertebral disc) involves a fairly decent "piece" of time with limited movement, and this time can be seriously delayed. Yes, and the paradox is that the treatment again returns to the same methods, which also operates and prevention, and this is mainly therapeutic gymnastics. In principle, it is quite difficult to force yourself to engage in such exercises in the mornings or evenings in a healthy person. And the approach is quite normal - nothing hurts, so why torment? And when there are pains in the back - it's too late, you can not get off with one gymnastics.
Why is Tibetan gymnastics so popular?
This gymnastics allows to keep in optimal condition all the muscles and ligaments of the back
The Tibetan monks exercise complex began to gain popularity in the world after 1938, when Peter Kelder published his book about such gymnastics. It should be noted that this technique is much more complicated than we are presented with. It is built on Buddhist philosophy, it consists of exercises that are more correctly called "rituals", since all such exercises are responsible for working with energy.
According to Buddhist beliefs, there are 19 energy centers in the human body, which are also called "whirlwinds."It is assumed that in a healthy body they rotate at high speed. It is their movement that provides human organs with a vital force. But if one of these "vortexes" slows down, the person will immediately feel it, because he develops diseases in those organs and parts of the body for which the slowed "whirlwind" answered. Old age is also a "slowing down of vortices," only a global one.
|Wellness gymnastics should be performed not only with diseases of the spine, but also for preventive purposes. To maintain the health of the back, you need to correctly choose a set of exercises that will not cause harm to health, pay attention to problems with the spine, be sure to consult a doctor and start regular exercises.|
But the moment when such a slowdown, as the Tibetan monks consider, can be postponed. To do this, the simple complex of just 5 rituals of was invented, which for us are just exercises( after all we do not put in them that energy and spiritual meaning).At the same time, this complex of exercises is unique enough already that it allows you to work out and keep in an optimal condition all the muscles and ligaments of the back. In addition, it includes respiratory gymnastics, because in the exercises the movements with inhalations and exhalations are strictly consistent.
It should be noted that such gymnastics can be mastered independently, but it is much more effective to contact a knowledgeable instructor. From the side of error is more noticeable, in addition, a good instructor will be able to correct your mistakes and inaccuracies in your actions.
Exercises of Tibetan gymnastics
It should be noted that this complex is aimed not only at bringing the muscles of the back to an optimal state, but also for improving the condition of the human body as a whole. The therapeutic effect for the back in this case is only one of the positive effects of using such exercises. So. ..
Exercise # 1
The room for this exercise should be chosen quite spacious. We become in the center of such a room, hands are bent to the sides( at an angle of 90 degrees to the body), while the left palm is directed upwards, and the right palm should be directed downwards. Having assumed this position, we begin rotation around its longitudinal axis from left to right. Do not try to accelerate, you need to move smoothly. It is enough to execute only 5-6 turns. For beginners, it will be enough and 2-3 turns.
After performing this exercise, you may experience slight dizziness. If there is a desire to sit down, then do not argue with your own body - do what he wants - sit down and rest. In general, the number of repetitions of this exercise should be selected by an individually knowledgeable instructor, but in any case the number of repetitions can not exceed 12 times.
Exercise # 2
You need to lie on a warm soft litter, "stretch" on it. Hands should lie along the body, palms on the floor. Now press the chin of the chest, then lifts his legs until they take a right angle relative to the body. In this case, the legs should be kept perfectly straight and connected together. This exercise somewhat resembles the usual training for the abdominal press, but only 2-3 times.
Exercise # 3
Get on your knees, the distance between them should match the width of your pelvis, and the thighs should be in a vertical position. The palms of the hands are located on the back of the thighs, the head is tilted forward and firmly presses the chin to the chest. Now we need to move the body like a snake crawling - alternately moving its head and ore cage and bending the spine. Such an exercise is performed several times in a row.
Exercise # 4
Sit on the floor, legs straighten and lean on the hands, which must be placed parallel to the body. After that, we press the chin to the chest and smoothly bend up the trunk until it assumes a position parallel to the floor. As a result, the body in this case looks like a table in which the legs and arms act as legs, and the trunk itself is the table top.
Exercise # 5
We accept the position of "lying down lying down".Head throws back, the pelvis and the knees of the floor should not touch. After this, we begin to bend - we press the head to the chest, and raise the pelvis up to the maximum. After this, we return to the original position.
In this exercise, you should pay special attention to breathing. In the initial position, an exhalation is made, the "folding" of the body takes a deep breath, when it returns to the original - exhalation.
5 Tibetan pearls with a detailed description of all the ritual exercises:
Therapeutic exercises for the spine: the types, indications and contraindications, the choice of the
Especially important is gymnastics for children, as performing it, the child with timethere is a habit of physical stress, which subsequently protects the baby from problems with the spine, and also supports a healthy body as a whole.
Types of health gymnastics
There are enough gymnastic complexes, and each has its own direction - some help fight certain diseases( osteochondrosis, intervertebral hernia, etc.), others are aimed at prevention or general development of the body. Currently, thirty types of curative gymnastics can be divided into three groups that have long been recognized by the world community as effective :
- The first group of - includes dance elements. This step-aerobics, aerobics, rhythmic gymnastics, as well as other varieties that involve the use of dance elements of any style( disco, modern gymnastics or jazz gymnastics).These health programs are especially popular with women;
- The second group of - exercises are aimed at developing the functions of the human body or a specific part of the body. These include shaping, fitness, athletic gymnastics, stretching, callanetics, numerous cosmetic and respiratory gymnastics. It should be emphasized that health gymnastics for the spine in its narrow direction is also referred to this group, as well as any other specialized therapeutic and health gymnastics;
- The third group of are types of gymnastic exercises of various kinds, based on popular oriental teachings. They have a special philosophy, where the body is perfected together with spiritual growth. Success is achieved with the regular performance of gymnastic special exercises. This group includes such kinds as yoga, health-improving Chinese gymnastics, qigong, wushu, taijitsuan, and so on.
Given such diversity, it is difficult for a person to make a choice without the help of specialists. After all, in the case of a disease( spinal hernia) or rehabilitation of the body after an operative surgeon's intervention, improper execution of certain types of exercises, as well as the choice of these exercises, can cause serious damage to the human body .
The need for performing gymnastics for the spine
The main reason for performing gymnastic exercises in an adult is hypodenamia, of which almost every patient knows the harm. Nevertheless, given the frenzied pace of life, there is usually not enough time to perform even basic exercises.
Here you can talk about a double situation, that is, on the one hand during the day people are in constant motion, so the reaction about the diagnosis of hypodenemia will cause only outrage. On the other hand, the person is sitting motionless at the workplace, at the computer, and stepping over the threshold of the house, going to rest after a hard day, accordingly, exercises for healing the spine lack strength and desire is no longer there.
Actually, only the main problems that can cause pathological changes in the spine of are listed. In those who are in constant motion, the spine is shortened to two centimeters during the day, causing compression of the roots of nerves and symptoms of protrusion, and sometimes intervertebral hernia. The second group of patients has no less serious harm to the spine. People rarely attach importance to the correct organization of the workplace, that is, they follow the posture. As a result, the tone of the muscles surrounding the spine weakens, the vertebra disks begin to move relative to each other.
Blood supply is broken and eventually there are pathological changes in the spine. In both cases, therapeutic gymnastics for rehabilitation of the back is necessary, especially with the symptoms of the disease. The chosen technique is discussed with an orthopedist or neurologist.
The choice of methods of training
In the modern world of medicine, there are many different techniques that can effectively solve problems associated with the back. When choosing an exercise, you need to know exactly what postures and stretch marks to use, that is, to have all the information about the state of the spine.
The main criterion that is pursued by therapeutic gymnastics :
- Prevention( prevention) of possible violations( scoliosis, osteochondrosis and so on);
- Delay in pathological abnormalities in the back.
It should be emphasized that for many diseases of the spine, as well as related organs directly related to it, the load is unacceptable. Therefore, carrying out seemingly simple exercises at home, there is a risk not only not to cope with the disease, but cause various complications.
Nevertheless, a competent regular exercise is a healing method capable of achieving a positive result in the treatment of a disease or repair of spinal disorders, because of the gymnastics:
Therapeutic exercises with a hernia of the spine: simple exercises with photos and videos
- The right exercisesfor the neck
It is known that the hernia does not appear immediately - the process of its formation can last for several years. It can appear in any part of the spine, from the cervical to the lower back. The causes of its appearance can be excessive load on the back, incorrect posture, insufficient fluid intake, improper nutrition. The hernia appears, as a rule, with a sudden rise of too large a load in the wrong position of the body. To prevent this problem or to get rid of it in the early stages, and also for the purpose of postoperative recovery, patients are recommended therapeutic exercises with a spinal hernia that can be combined with other methods of treatment.
The basic rules of performing gymnastics
Once a person has had a pain syndrome, he can immediately begin the gymnastics. But before embarking on the exercises, it is necessary to familiarize yourself with the rules that will help to avoid harming the spine. Selecting exercises that will relieve a person from a hernia in the future, you need to monitor your health. As the disc protrusion occurs in any direction, it is necessary to compose a set of those exercises that will not cause pain and discomfort in the future. In case of discomfort, the exercise should be performed very carefully, or completely abandoned. Some of them can be very effective, but they should be started after recovery.
Also, with a spinal hernia, gymnastics can be harmful if you perform exercises in which the torso "twists".Dangerous will be blows on the back, sharp jerks, jumps. Do gymnastics every day 3-4 times. The entire complex should be divided in such a way that the exercises for individual parts of the body are performed at different intervals of time.
Vertebral hernia will cease to be a problem if the gymnastics course starts with minimal loads and gradually increase them in time. In addition, do not try to cure the spine in a day or two. Recovery should be gradual. Especially it concerns the rehabilitation period after the operation to remove the intervertebral hernia.
We select exercises for the spine
Most often a hernia occurs between the vertebrae of the waist. For the treatment of the lumbar department, various techniques have been developed, for example, Dikul's gymnastics is effective. Treatment of a hernia with the help of physical exercises individually - for each person a personal program is made. But there is a standard complex, which doctors appoint most often. Its main goal is to strengthen the spine and muscles of the trunk.
With the vertebral hernia the following exercise will help. You need to lie on your back and stretch your arms along the trunk. Then strain the press, hold on for ten seconds and relax. It is the simplest, does not require delay in breathing and is performed 10 times.
The following exercise is performed in the same position. You can preview the photos that will help to understand how the action should look from the outside.Photo of the exercise complex with a hernia of the spine
Pulling out your arms and legs, you need to lift your body, and the legs at this time should not be torn from the floor. It is necessary to be in this position for 10 seconds, and then slowly lower the case to the floor. Repeat the exercise is recommended 10 times at intervals of 10-15 seconds.
Another effective exercise with intervertebral hernia is performed this way. Lying on your back, you need to bend your knees. Then forward stretch the right hand so that the brush lies on the knee of the left leg. After this, the left leg is gradually bent, and the right hand at this time should resist it, resting on the knee. The duration of this exercise is 10 seconds. After completion, you need to rest 10-15 seconds and repeat 10 times. Then the legs and hands are replaced. After finishing the lesson, you need to relax, as much as possible relaxing all the muscles.
Additional "bonuses" of medical exercises
Medical gymnastics with intervertebral hernia will help also in other cases, for example, with radiculitis. Thanks to the above exercises, the hernia is treated. However, to prevent it, you should do regular exercise every day. This is especially recommended for those who lead a sedentary lifestyle.
With time, simple gymnastics can be changed more active. The intervertebral hernia will disappear after performing a series of exercises that require constant movement. For example, you can stand on all fours and in this position to walk around the room around the perimeter. The hands should be fully straightened and the back straight. Also very useful for health is swimming. Since the herniated disc is due to a sedentary lifestyle, swimming will be the best way to develop both the spine and the muscles.
Not only therapeutic exercise will be useful in the treatment of hernias. With the permission of the doctor, the patient can attend yoga, as well as any other sports complexes that do not go into the incision and with treatment. With vertebral hernia helps massage, which, as a rule, doctors recommend themselves. It is important that the massage was done by a licensed manual therapist.In the photo exercise exercise therapy for diseases of the spine
Correct exercises for the neck
Often due to an incorrect way of life, a hernia occurs in the cervical region. When a hernia of the cervical spine is also assigned a special set of exercises. This area of the spine requires a special approach, and, as with the back, the exercises are selected individually. It should be noted that some of them are recommended not to perform during the exacerbation of the disease. During this period it is better to wear a bandage, due to which the discs and the affected vertebrae will be at rest.
As soon as the hernia is finished, it is better to undergo a rehabilitation course, and then take on an active recovery of the muscles and spine.
- For the cervical spine, the following exercise will be useful. It is necessary to sit down or stand up straight and smoothly turn your head. First maximally to the right side, and then to the left. Repeat the movement should be up to 10 times. If there is no possibility to turn your head as much as possible, you should simply perform light turns from side to side.
- Exactly in the same position perform similar actions, dropping your head down, and then lifting up. Repeat 10 times. Immediately after removal of the hernia of the spine and neck for such exercises it is better not to take. It's worth starting only after a while.
More complex exercises can be viewed on video:
When a hernia, the gymnastics for the back should be performed exactly as written in the manuals, since a deviation from the rules can eventually harm the health.
Restorative gymnastics allows a comprehensive approach to solving the problem with the spine. So, after performing exercise therapy you can visit the masseur. During the massage of the cervical department, a massage therapist can use the following techniques:
The integrated course, during which there is active treatment of the cervical spine, usually consists of 20-25 procedures. The duration of the break between courses is usually 3 months, during which you can independently engage in gymnastics. With hernia spinal will also help gym Pilyuyko, as well as exercises developed by many other experts. It should be noted that the use of a hoop with a disc herniation is strictly prohibited if the problem is concentrated in the lower back. Therefore, this device, which in one case is good for health, in the case of a hernia can be contraindicated.
Who said that it's hard to cure a hernia?
- You suffer from discomfort at the point of protrusion of the hernia. ..
- And the pain you feel even when walking. ..
- Somehow it's even a shame that you avoid any physical downloads. ..
- In addition, the recommended medications for some reason are not effective in your case. ..
- And nowYou are ready to take every opportunity. ..
An effective remedy for a hernia exists. Follow the link and find out how Galina Savina cured a hernia. ..