What exercises are used for cervical osteochondrosis?Parents learn their children from an early age: Do not turn your head! This article advocates the opposite: twirl your head as often as possible, regardless of age. This in the future will help prevent osteochondrosis in the cervical region. But if this disease still overtook you, all kinds of exercises with osteochondrosis of the cervical department will help you prevent the development of the disease.
The neck is created by nature not only to keep your head on your shoulders or turn it around, which, by the way, becomes quite difficult with time, if you do not follow it and your health as a whole. In the neck are the spinal cord, all kinds of arteries that nourish the brain, nerve endings that provide the connection between the brain and hands, heart, lungs.
If the constant load is static and the movements do not "discharge" it, low-neck osteochondrosis can gradually develop. If you need to prevent the onset of this disease, strengthening the neck muscles and cervical osteochondrosis treatment with gymnastics will bring the best result.
What stages of the disease do you need to know?Cervical osteochondrosis causes arthrosis and degenerative-dystrophic lesions in the vertebral column. At the initial stage the dehydration of the pulpous nucleus progresses, because of which the intervertebral discs "mix".After this, the fibrous ring that covers the pulpous core is covered with cracks.
At the same time, attachment points of ligaments and muscles approach, which leads to increased mobility of other vertebrae, which breaks the stability of the vertebral-motor system.
In the next stage, for example, protrusion, prolapse and arthrosis appear. This leads to the development of the disease, accompanied by the appearance of severe pain. With cervical osteochondrosis, their area of lesion is, as a rule, in the neck and head. At this stage, surgical treatment is necessary - physical exercises with cervical osteochondrosis are performed after this treatment.
Do I begin treatment?Surgical treatment, as a rule, is prescribed only if the conservative treatment has been unsuccessful or the disease has already reached a severe stage. Surgical intervention is performed when compression of the brachial plexus has already occurred. Surgically, you can remove additional ribs, intervertebral hernia, cure hypertrophied stair muscles, etc.
But it is possible and conservative treatment. If you have not yet reached the last stage of cervicothoracic osteochondrosis, exercises can help cope with the disease. In acute periods of the disease, doctors recommend resting a sick limb, for example, with a support bandage. If special therapeutic gymnastics, manual therapy and post-isometric therapy do not bring the necessary mitigation, anti-inflammatory or analgesic drugs, physiotherapy and laser therapy can be prescribed. A good effect can also be injected with corticosteroids and anti-inflammatory drugs into the periarticular region - usually the course does not exceed three injections. In addition, compresses containing bischofite or dimexide may be administered.
Are there any advantages of exercise therapy for osteochondrosis?Osteochondrosis in childhood or radicular syndrome usually appears as a consequence of curvature of the spine. The appearance of changes in intervertebral discs is most often associated with an incorrect redistribution of the load due to curvature of the spine. When the disease only begins to develop the process of development of curvatures can be avoided by building a muscular corset. Exercise even on the diseased neck will improve blood circulation, help develop the back muscles and will help get rid of the pain.
Medical gymnastics can harm when already cervical osteochondrosis is "earned", if, for example, the patient feels severe pain. In this case, medicamentous treatment with non-steroid drugs can be prescribed, combining also manual therapy. Only after the completion of such treatment is prescribed a set of exercises.
Complexes LFK differ from each other in that they affect different areas where the lesion is located. If the disease evolved into a hernia stage, it is necessary to consult a doctor about the specific set of exercises.
Adults who have earned an easy form of osteochondrosis except exercise therapy can be advised to do yoga, pilates, go to the pool or to individual lessons in the gym. Children are best to choose a group of corrective gymnastics, or special exercises in the pool. On the other hand, the swimming section is also suitable, provided that the coach knows what exercises to assign in this case.
To be engaged in the proposed sets of gymnastics for the neck with osteochondrosis can be at any age, do it best every day, gradually increasing the number of repetitions. Attention! Exercises should be discontinued if you experience pain during class.
Charge for osteochondrosisThe neck area is recognized as the second most common defeat with osteochondrosis, in front of it is only the lumbar. It is worth noting that both diseases are found, as a rule, in one type of people - these are employees of organizations whose work requires them to spend eight hours while sitting at a computer in a sitting position. Naturally, this way of life leads to the appearance of pain in the neck - today it happens rarely, and it can be very difficult to deal with the disease.
Rules for charging the neck
Before you start, you should note for yourself some simple rules that will eventually help to make charging not by some usual daily procedure for suppressing pains, but by a full medical element:
- To perform a set of exercises for cervical osteochondrosis,opportunities - this is especially important if you are an office worker, because such charging in case of cervical osteochondrosis does not take more than ten minutes, and you can perform it in a sitting position;
- In the mornings and evenings, every exercise should be done standing;
- To do at least 10-20 turns and head inclinations is necessary immediately, when in the neck there are painful sensations;
- Combine any charging is desirable with a mild self-massage of the neck;
- Follow the exercises for shoulder and arm area, if possible.
If you really work for your computer for a long time, it is advisable to take a break for charging about once every hour. If this is not possible for you, then it is desirable at least every half-hour to spend a couple of minutes on the slopes of the head and slight rubbing of the neck.
Neck gymnastics for osteochondrosisRegular exercise simple exercises will eradicate any prerequisites for painful attacks with cervical osteochondrosis. Performing such exercises does not take much time and does not require special efforts - you need to remember for ever a few effective movements:
- Three times put your palm to your forehead and crush about ten seconds, and you must always strain your neck. Then you can do the same thing, only with the back of your head;
- By analogy, it is necessary to press, only now first left and then right hand on the temple, also for ten seconds;
- Slightly tilting his head back should try to touch the ear to the shoulder, first right, and then left - exercise is performed five times per ear;
- Also, slightly throwing your head back, try to overcome the resistance of the straining muscles of the neck and press the chin to the jugular fossa. This exercise is performed at least five times;
- The head and shoulders should be straight. Slowly turn your head as far as possible to the right and left, five times on each side;
- With your chin down to your neck, turn your head first to the right and then to the left, also five times on each side;
- Rotate in different directions, five times;
- Put your right palm on your left cheek and try to simulate your own head rotation.
Such a complex can be modified if you perform these exercises in a prone position. In addition, this complex is recommended to include in the morning exercises for the neck with osteochondrosis, and also to give time to it during the working day. Perform these exercises they can sit, standing and lying.
More complex exercisesThis complex should be performed only at the first stages of the disease or as a preventive measure. If the osteochondrosis of the cervical spine progresses to a severe form, the exercises of this section should be performed only after consulting a specialist.
In its quality, as a rule, one uses ordinary walking first on full foot, then on toes and, accordingly, on the heels. You have to walk until you get a feeling of warmth. After achieving this effect, you need to perform exercises to relax the muscles in the cervical region.
Exercises to relax the neck
Stand up straight, hands must be lowered along the body. Straining your arms, hold them in tension for half a minute, and during this time straightening your back, dropping your shoulders and shoulder blades. Then relax so that your hands can sway freely.
Twisting of the cervical part of the
Such movements must also be performed while standing. Begin as though lowering the nape and at the same time twisting the cervical vertebrae. Try to imagine how the base of the spine moves forward along a rounded path. You do not need to tilt your head sharply - just try to lower the vertebrae down one by one. Ideally, you need to place your chin on your chest, without raising your shoulders. Straighten, move in the opposite order, as if "spinning" the spine. Repeat the exercise until the sensation of warmth in the neck appears.
Stand up straight, tilt the body so that it is parallel to the floor. Hands spread apart. Do not stretch your shoulders towards the ears - try to pull the vertex forward and at the same time lower the shoulder blades in the direction of the spine. The blades should move like wings: with a swinging arm, pull the blades to the center with force. In this case, the hands should remain straight and move slightly back. Do not move your hands by inertia - try to make work only the muscles of the back.
Remember! This option of neck gymnastics for osteochondrosis is possible only at the initial stage of the disease and requires professional medical advice
Massage for neck osteochondrosis of the neckMassage of the collar zone is primarily prescribed to those people who do not pay attention to motor activity, and also to those who are accustomed to a sedentary lifestyle. This massage allows you to relieve tension in the muscles and pain in the cervical region, relieve migraines and spasms, eliminates pain in the nape of the neck. Collaring massage can be cured of a whole range of diseases, in addition to osteochondrosis: neck curvature, hypertension and so on.
In addition, such a massage leads to a normal blood pressure, which causes blood flow to the brain to increase, and the body starts to work much faster and better. The only thing is to trust only the hands of professionals who perform quality massage - this allows you to relax, get rid of the strain of both physical and moral. After such a procedure, you will cease to feel tired, freshen up and be ready to return to your daily activities with new forces.
General advice1. Regardless of the form of diseases in the cervical spine, there is a direct relationship between vertebral pains and what causes tension of the muscles and their joints. For example, a draft or cooling can trigger an increase in muscle tension, which is usually the cause of diseases in the cervical region. To prevent this, it is necessary in cold, windy weather, with high humidity, and so on, to protect the neck, wrapping it, for example, with a scarf.
2. Massage the area of the temples if you have a headache. Many people suffer from pain in the neck and shoulder girdle, associated with pain in the temples. They are caused by strained muscles of the neck and shoulder girdle, in which temporal muscles begin to act. If you carefully massage the whiskey with your fingertips, you can partially or completely get rid of the headache. You need to do small in amplitude with a light effort, circular movements from the ear, moving in the direction of the eye.
3. Do not make circular motions with your head. Rotating the head, especially with a serious stage of the disease of this kind is completely unacceptable. Such movements exert a strong load in the cervical spine, and primarily on its lower part. Sometimes this leads not only to aggravation of pain, but also to an increase in the "acute" period due to the huge amount of damage in the soft tissues - this may be the result of this kind of exercises.
4. Never use devices that stretch the cervical vertebrae without consulting a specialist. The vertebrae of the neck are extremely sensitive to force. Therefore, not being careful, performing similar procedures, you can develop the cause of serious injuries in many points of the cervical department. Such treatment alone is fraught with the severance of two vertebrae, which cause the most serious damage in the spinal cord.
Methods of folk therapyAfter considering the symptoms and treatment of cervical osteochondrosis with gymnastics, it is necessary to note some folk methods of its treatment. In some cases, hirudotherapy works well. You can come back to normal on average for five sessions, but quite often in patients develop allergic reactions to leeches.
Compresses containing table horseradish can be applied to the affected area in a warm form: grate the grilled horseradish and heat the resulting porridge and wrap it in several layers, and then fix the compress.
Or you can try compresses on a mug: the leaves are washed with hot water, and also heating them. The compress applied to the painful joint is fixed with a bandage, and changes when the leaves dry out.
You can apply rubbing tincture of calendula on vodka - they also fight badly with inflammation. To prepare the tincture you need 50g.flowers of marigold: they must be poured half a liter of vodka and let it brew for two weeks, after which the tincture can be used.
You can also use a healing decoction of birch buds, mint leaves, coriander and dandelion root. Ingredients are poured with boiling water in equal proportions. An hour later, the broth is ready for use in a painful area - it should be rubbed three times a day, and after each rubbing warmly wrap up the affected area.
Exercises for the neck with osteochondrosis
The cervical spine is the most delicate part. This, firstly, is determined by the size( much smaller) of the vertebrae themselves, as well as their excess mobility. Secondly, in the cervical region there are a lot of nerve endings and vascular formations, which, of course, leads to an increase in the pain syndrome. And, thirdly, there is a vertebral artery, the task of which is to feed our brain.
As a result of cervical osteochondrosis, cerebral ischemia may occur, and even a stroke.Treatment of
After such a promising introduction, let's see if there are any exercises, or other means of salvation, for the patient's neck.
So, the treatment of such diseases is always complex. First, it's analgesics, antispasmodics and anti-inflammatory drugs, so that the patient can at least somehow coexist with his diagnosis. Secondly, it's gels and ointments, which have an anti-inflammatory effect, allow you to recover damaged tissues. Third, what interests us, above all, is neck exercises for osteochondrosis. You can not do without this item, even if you go to massage and manual therapy sessions, which, of course, will also be welcome.
And, in extreme cases, this is a surgical intervention. Before him, the matter may come when osteochondrosis led to the formation of a hernia or protrusion.Exercises
To your attention we offer exercises against osteochondrosis of the neck, which are part of the classical complex of exercise therapy in osteochondrosis of the neck.
- Relax your shoulders, pull them to the ground. The top stretches upwards, and all the exercises will be performed with a strongly stretched neck.
- We shake our heads - we do not toss our heads back, pull them slightly diagonally upwards. We start with a small amplitude and 5 - 7 repetitions( maximum - up to 50 times).
- Turning the head to the side - the neck is stretched, the crown is pulled up, the shoulders are pulled to the ground. We unfold the head, and with a glance we try to look behind our back.
- Formally, we put our heads to the shoulder, but in fact, we must concentrate on the fact that we pull the upper ear to the sky, that is, pull up the bent neck. It is advisable to perform the exercise at the mirror to monitor the position of the head - it should look at the full face.
- Rotate the face in one plane - first draw the oval in one direction, then the other. We do not toss the head back, we rotate only the face - 5 - 6 times in one direction. The shoulders are motionless, only the head and neck work.
- Next comes a very effective exercise for the neck, which after the first session will noticeably improve its mobility. Let's imagine that we have an orange between your neck and chin and we draw a chin on it. That is, we work with the neck and we draw the face with the same oval only in front. Then draw the same circle, only in the opposite direction.
- We put our hands in the lock, we push our forehead with our hands - we get a strain, we do not let the forehead bend, but we press it with all our might. Relax, tilt your head diagonally up( do not throw back!).
- Put the hands in the lock on the back of the head, pushing the back of the hand with your hand. Then relax the neck, head down to chest.
- Right hand bring to the right temple and push your head with your hand. Stretch the lateral muscles of the neck - put the left hand on the right ear and stretch the neck to the left, tilting the head to his hand. Gently put your hand on the head in place.
- We put the left brush to the left temple - we repeat the resistance and stretching to the other side.
- Circular motion shoulders back and forth - 10 times one way.
- We rotate shoulders one by one - forward and backward.
- We raise our arms to the sides, our thumb looks up, our head is stretched upward. We lower down synchronously the thumbs and head down to the chest. Then raise the thumbs up, the head goes back and diagonally up.
- We lay down either on the stomach, laying our hands under the forehead, or on our backs, putting a roller under our necks. We need to lie as long as we did gymnastics.
Therapeutic exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine is the most common localization of this pathology. The reason is the peculiarities of the anatomical structure of the cervical spine: greater mobility, small size of the vertebrae, poor development of the muscular framework of the neck, constant dynamic and static load. Therefore, people with risk factors for the development of osteochondrosis of this localization are extremely necessary for prevention, and those who have already become the "happy owner" of the disease, exercises for the neck with osteochondrosis will help get rid of painful symptoms and reduce the number of exacerbations of pathology.
Why do I need to charge?
As we know, with osteochondrosis of any part of the spine, not just the cervical spine, intervertebral disks collapse, this leads to instability of the spinal column. Our body tries to stabilize the spine in all its available ways - osteophytes of the cervical vertebrae are formed and spine ligamentous ligamentous( spondylosis), joints of the facet joints( spondyloarthrosis), and neck muscles are strained to somehow provide the spine with stability.
If you regularly train the neck muscles - they will become an excellent supporting framework for cervical vertebrae
Although these processes were conceived by nature as an adaptation to damage, but over time they lose the adaptive nature and further aggravate the course of osteochondrosis - painful muscular spasm, spinal curvature,rootlets and compression of vertebral vessels. This leads to severe and persistent pain in the neck, shoulder girdle, upper limbs, back of the head and other painful and dangerous symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis.
But there is a method of prevention and treatment of the changes described above and their consequences - this is therapeutic gymnastics. The complex of exercises for cervical osteochondrosis, if performed correctly and regularly, helps strengthen muscle fibers, develop a good muscular framework for the cervical region, which will serve as an excellent stabilizer for degenerative processes in cartilaginous discs.
LFK will make the muscles elastic, which is the prevention of their painful spasm from fatigue, and also activates the process of local circulation and adjusts metabolism in the cartilaginous tissue. All this contributes to the prevention of osteochondrosis or slowing down, and sometimes stopping, degeneration and degeneration of the intervertebral disc.
To make physical exercises useful and do not harm you, it is necessary to remember a few simple rules of medical gymnastics:
- exercises should not cause you pain or other unpleasant feelings; if this happens, you must immediately stop gymnastics or reduce the amplitude of movements;
- gymnastics against osteochondrosis of the neck should be performed outside of exacerbations of the disease, doing exercises with severe pain syndrome is strictly prohibited;
- all movements of the gymnastic complex should be smooth and slow( there should not be any sharp or abrupt ones);
- curative exercises for the neck should be performed regularly - there must be morning exercises, and gymnastics can be performed at any time of the day, even at the office and preferably several times a day;
- before starting the exercises, you can not use pain medication - you can not notice the pain and only hurt yourself;
- any complex of exercise therapy should begin with a warm-up for warming up the muscles and preventing their trauma;
- if you have a diagnosed pathology of the cervical spine, then before the beginning of medical gymnastics consult your physician.
A set of simple neck exercises that can be performed even in the office at your workplace.
Nasal Exercise Complex
The following complex of exercises for osteochondrosis of the cervical department can be performed alone only in the first two stages of the disease or for prophylaxis. If you have osteochondrosis of stages 3 and 4 or if there are complications, for example, an intervertebral hernia, a syndrome of the vertebral artery, then only a specialist should prescribe therapeutic exercises, since a large number of exercises can worsen your state of health.
Any physical training begins with a warm-up, with the exception is not LFK with cervical osteochondrosis. At this stage, you need to warm up the muscles to prevent their trauma when doing the basic set of exercises.
- as a warm-up, normal walking around the room alternately on the toes, full foot and heels for 2-3 minutes;
- stand up straight, lower your arms along the trunk, gradually strain your arms, while lowering your shoulders and shoulder blades, then relax your arms so that they hang freely, make 5-6 approaches, this will relax the neck muscles and make them more elastic;
- twisting of the cervical spine - stand straight, straighten the head, slowly turn your head sideways, while bending it( twisting), then slowly do everything in the opposite direction and return to the starting position, repeat the movement in the opposite direction, just do it 10 times;
- perform flies by hand, circular rotation in the shoulder joint, bringing and retracting the blades, enough for 10 times each exercise.
Video with useful exercises:
Basic stage of
After the warm-up, you can start the main activities. An approximate set of exercises can include the following movements:
- sitting in a chair or standing on the floor, perform slow head turns to the sides, repeat 10 times in each direction;
- initial position previous, we do head inclinations forward and backward, movements should be smooth, we repeat on 10 times;
- circular rotation of the head, describe the circle head in each side 10 times;
- slopes with resistance - sitting or standing, we perform head tilting to the sides, but at the same time we counteract the hand( when tilting left - left hand, right - right, forward - one or two hands, back - two), this exercise strengthens not only the musclesneck, but also hands, repeat 10 times in each direction;
- take the starting position, pull out the straight arms and maximally raise the shoulders, hold this position for 6-8 seconds, then smoothly lower your hands and repeat the exercise again;
- fold your hands in the lock, hold them to your chin, press your chin, while creating resistance to your hands for 10 seconds, repeat 10 times;
- put your head on your chest and in this position, make turns in the neck to the right and left, repeat 15 times, do the same exercise, throwing your head back and pulling your chin;
- lie on the floor on your back, align your body, slowly tear your head off the floor and look at your socks for 5-7 seconds, smoothly take the original position and repeat the exercise up to 10 times.
Exercises with resistance perfectly train the muscles of the neck
Important! !!If at any stage of the proposed movements you feel pain, then do not try to do everything "through tears" - it will rather hurt than benefit. If this happens, then reduce the amplitude of the exercises or stop the exercise therapy at all.
Carrying out the proposed set of exercises, you can prevent destructive changes in the cervical spine and get rid of the pain and the need for packs to swallow painkillers, but all this on one condition - exercise regularly and for a long time in therapeutic gymnastics.
Exercises for the neck with osteochondrosis, gymnastics Shishonin for the neck
For the past three days, as all seemed to have conspired: the mother became aggravated with cervical osteochondrosis , a friend complains of neck pain , the nephew walks like a wooden and,if called, turns the whole body. To such a clear and unambiguous signal, how not to listen?
Therefore, this article. .. about swan neck !
Which, in combination, is still strong, flexible and enduring. By the way.you wondered why such a "neck-ideal" is called a swan, and not. .. giraffe, for example?I hope that no one will argue that giraffes in terms of neck - the record-breaker!
Someone can say that swans are more graceful than giraffes. .. Perhaps. And why, they are more graceful?- I continue to ask children's questions.
Why the swan neck is more practical( answer from the anatomy)
At the giraffe, as, indeed, in humans, 7 cervical vertebrae , and in swan - 31 !Naturally, the more vertebrae, the more elegant the bend turns, the turn and similar movements, which we are a little envious.
But, no matter how hard we try, we will not add new vertebrae and we will have to do with the ones that nature has awarded us.
Neck pain, consequences of cervical osteochondrosis
Now quite young, you can even say, young people, face neck pain. What can we say about the average age, the more prepending? And osteochondrosis, and impairment, and hernia discs. . . And this is not a complete list of problems on our head. More precisely.on our long-suffering spine, offended by the upright.
Infringements of nerve endings in cervical osteochondrosis , which occur in the vast majority of patients, lead to brain damage, vision impairment, numbness of limbs, headaches , which are very difficult to stop with usual analgesics, to dizziness. .. And there is not far away andearly stroke.
Exercises for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine
However, we can still change everything if we take seriously our cervix. Let it be and not swan.
There is not one method of exercises for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, aimed at combating the symptoms and consequences of the developed diseases. About the simplest self-massage neck you can read here.10- 15 minutes a day of vigorous massage movements in the area of the difficultly unbending bound neck for a month and you will not recognize yourself.
If you yourself have difficulty in giving neck massage, it happens that the cervical osteochondrosis combines with the thoracic and then there are elementary problems with raising the arms to the height of the shoulders, I advise you to choose different devices for massage problem zone, in this case, the neck, thencheck here.(On the mechanical devices for self-massage, massage mats and applicator Kuznetsova, very effectively helping with pain in the back).
But the fact remains, the greatest result is exactly the complexes of exercises for osteochondrosis, the techniques developed by those who himself faced with a similar problem. Who was seriously injured and faced with a dilemma - either a struggle or a complete disability. ..
These are the techniques of the by Valentin Dikul, Mirzakarim Norbekov, Sergei Bubnovsky. . .
Of course, now it's not that easy to get to these Masters. But to read about these techniques of restoring mobility, working capacity of the spine, to find followers, enthusiasts of a healthy lifestyle, to start doing morning exercises, is in the end possible.Those people who started at least to do something, they will notice by the second or third month of their studies that the usual pallor for them will change into a healthy pinkish complexion, they will become better able to see and remember important things, they will be visited not only by ideas about convenientbed and that no one molested six hundred minutes, and they will want something else, which they already have forgotten to think about because of health problems.
Shishonin gymnastics for neckIn this article I want to present the exercise complex for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine of Alexander Shishonin, , which seemed to me to be the most simple and effective at the same time. He is the scientific director of the Bubnovsky Medical and Wellness Center, a consultant for the London Body School Personal Training Studio in Moscow, and the head of the Kinesitherapy and Rehabilitation Clinic "Health of the 21st Century" in Rostov-on-Don.
My review for gymnastics for the neck of ShishoninGym itself is simple and accessible to any person. The main feature of the exercises( neck exercises) Shishonin is the fixation of positions. They turned their heads and fixed themselves. Pull out the neck and lock. And not for 1 second, but for 10-15.No matter how funny it sounds, 15 seconds for the neck is a lot. Your neck will have time to tighten thoroughly. And after a certain number of repetitions, you will understand that gymnastics is simple only at first glance. Some time ago this variant of aerobics was popular - callanetic .There, too, there were many static exercises associated with fixing the situation. Muscles swing to cheers. Although, too, it seems nothing particularly difficult - no loads, no coagulation.
Video gymnastics for the neck of Shishonin performed by the authorExercises for osteochondrosis for the neck of this complex are simple, remember quickly, you can even do at work during the lunch break. Although the video has its advantages - nice music and doing gymnastics you can together with the author, you will not have to count. He turned, and you are there! After the first time you are guaranteed to contract muscles, but what can you do, our neck with our office-sedentary lifestyle is almost not developed. But the sheepskin is worth the candle. At stake is your health, which, to put it in computer language, you will not be proabregit. ..
Kind for you, alternative and unique , because you decided to take it in your hands, and not rely on the wonderful tablet and advice of the guru. Yes with you POWER!
Complex of exercises for strengthening the muscles of the neck with osteochondrosis
Causes of osteochondrosis of the cervical spineTeachers at school, and at home parents often tell their children not to turn their heads. In this article, we advise the opposite - rotate your head more often. And your age does not matter at all. Thanks to this in the future, you can avoid cervical osteochondrosis. However, if you still found this disease, today you will get acquainted with a number of exercises that can and should be used for cervical osteochondrosis. This will stop the progress of the disease. This disease is caused by arthrosis and degenerative-dystrophic lesions of the spinal column. During the first stage of the disease, the dehydration of pulpous nuclei begins to develop, resulting in the displacement of intervertebral discs. Then on the fibrous ring, which hides the pulpous nucleus, cracks begin to appear. Simultaneously with this process, the ligaments and muscles come together, which increases the mobility of the remaining vertebrae. For this reason, there are violations in the work of the musculoskeletal system. Further development of the disease leads to arthrosis and prolapse, which causes pain in the neck.
Methods of treatment of cervical osteochondrosisIt is possible to struggle with the disease conservatively - with the help of physical exercises and massages, and by surgical intervention. Undoubtedly, with cervical osteochondrosis, one should immediately start conservative treatment. If you have an early stage, then there are a lot of exercises that can stop the development of osteochondrosis. During the exacerbation of the disease, it is desirable to keep the head in peace. For this, you can use special support bandages. If physical exercises and massage do not bring relief, doctors prescribe special medications. In addition, a good effect is provided by injections of corticosteroids and anti-inflammatory medications. Most often, the course is no more than three injections.
Treatment-prophylactic exercisesOsteochondrosis can develop in childhood. Most often, the disease becomes a consequence of the curvature of the spinal column. This causes a displacement of the intervertebral discs and an incorrect distribution of the load on the spine. At the initial stage of curvature, to prevent further development of the disease, you should use a special corset. However, you should always remember about physical therapy. Even if you have already begun to develop the disease, special exercises for cervical osteochondrosis, improve blood circulation in the neck, help develop muscles, and alleviate the sensation of pain. Physical education can only be harmful if osteochondrosis is already progressing and the patienta strong sensation of pain. In such cases, the use of special drugs and manual therapy will help. And after the course of treatment, you can begin to perform a set of exercises. There are various complexes aimed at eliminating the effects of osteochondrosis in various areas of the body. When a vertebral hernia appears, consult a specialist about the possibility of exercising. Exercise complexes can be performed at any age, but if there is pain in this case, you should stop their implementation.
Charge for osteochondrosis of the cervical spineThe most common osteochondrosis develops in the lumbar region, and the neck disease is in second place. In most cases of this disease, a certain category of people who spend a lot of time in a sitting position is exposed. Undoubtedly, this way of life leads to the appearance of osteochondrosis, and it can be very difficult to cope with it afterwards. Before proceeding with the description of the exercises, you should familiarize yourself with the basic rules for their implementation:
- Performing exercises for cervical osteochondrosis is always necessary when there is free time. This is especially important for people working in offices. The complex will take about ten minutes to complete, and this should not cause you any inconvenience.
- Exercises are performed standing, twice a day - in the morning and in the evening. You need to make at least 10-20 turns and head inclinations, but if pain occurs, stop immediately.
- It's good to combine exercises and neck massage. If possible, you need to do exercises for the hands and shoulder girdle.
Neck gymnastics for cervical osteochondrosisPerforming regularly the exercises described below, you can get rid of bouts of pain in cervical osteochondrosis. They are simple enough to remember, and do not require a lot of time to perform.
- Apply the palm three times to the forehead, then start pressing for about 10 seconds. It is very important that at the same time you feel how your neck muscles tighten.
- After this, do the same movement, but put the palm to the back of the head.
- Perform similar actions alternately with the right and left hand, applying them to the temples.
- Tilt the head slightly back, and try to touch the ear to the shoulder. On each side, repeat the exercise at least five times.
- Throw back your head again, and, overcoming the resistance of the neck muscles, try to touch the jugular fossa with the chin. It must be done at least 5 times.
- The shoulders and head are straight and straight. Slowly turn your head one and then the other. Do 5 repetitions.
- Make five rotational movements of the neck in both directions.
- Hold the palm of the right hand to the left cheek and try to simulate the rotational movements of the head.
Complex of exercises for cervical osteochondrosis
- Warm up. Walking is used as a workout. First, the entire foot is used, then the socks and finally the heels. Do warm-up until you feel a warm feeling.
- Exercises for relaxing the neck. Stand straight, hands down along the body. Tighten the arm muscles and hold them in this state for 30 seconds. At the same time straighten your back, lowering the shoulder blades and shoulders. Then relax.
- Twisting of the cervical spine. This exercise should be performed while standing. Begin to lower the back of the head while twisting the vertebrae. Imagine that the base of the spine moves forward along a circular path. It will be fine if you can get your chin out of your chest without lifting your shoulders. When straightening it is necessary to move in the opposite direction.
- Swing your hands. Stand upright and tilt the body so that it is parallel to the ground. Put your hands apart. Do not reach for your ears. Take the vertex forward, and lower the scapula to the spine. Begin to swing your arms, pulling the blades to the center of the body. The hands must remain straight. Do not move by inertia, you need to strain your muscles.
Exercises for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine: a complex of therapeutic gymnastics( LFK), contraindications, video
The reasons for the development of the osteochondrosis of the cervical segment are mainlydisturbances in metabolic processes, the effect of which is aggravated by a sedentary way of life, violation of posture, trauma.
Exercise is an important element of treatment.
LFK( therapeutic exercise) for cervical osteochondrosis is considered to be the most effective of the treatment methods. Physical exercises, in general, are very useful, so do not neglect medical gymnastics. Moreover, no financial costs are required, and the exercise complexes are fairly simple, which allows them to perform their own homes on their own.
Physical training in osteochondrosis brings invaluable benefits, namely:
- Strengthens the muscular corset, which reduces the load on the vertebrae,
- Improves spine mobility,
- Improves blood flow to the spine and surrounding tissues,
- Improves glucose metabolism, and hence improves metabolic processes, and intervertebraldrive get more power.
In addition, regular classes help maintain optimal weight, improve the overall condition of the cardiovascular system, bring joy.
If there is a desire and an opportunity, besides a daily small complex at home or at work, it will be quite good to be engaged in a special group in a medical institution or a fitness center.
Lessons in the group are more disciplined, and control by the instructor allows you to perform all movements as correctly as possible. However, the independent performance of the exercises at home will also undoubtedly benefit.
You only need to carefully consider the rules for their implementation and accurately follow them. In cervical osteochondrosis, this is especially important, since the risk of vertebral injury is great if the movements are incorrect.
As to any treatment, to gymnastics for osteochondrosis has its own contraindications. You can not begin classes with an exacerbation of the disease, accompanied by a strong pain syndrome, high fever. Also, a contraindication can be any acute condition, for example, acute respiratory disease or influenza.
Basic rules for doing exercises
- Perform exercises daily, even several times,
- Keep your posture,
- Move smoothly, do not make sharp turns or inclines,
- Be careful: if discomfort or pain occurs, take a break. If the pain occurs again when the exercise is repeated, it is worth informing the doctor.
- Very carefully, perform a full circle of rotation with your head. Many doctors generally do not recommend exercises with a head tilt back. In any case, consult a doctor or instructor who conducts the classes.
Universal exercises LFK
- Lying on your back fully straighten. The left arm on the chest, the right hand on the stomach, make a uniform calm and deep breath, hold the breath for 10 seconds. Exhale, and you can relax. Exercise takes approximately 5 minutes.
- It is necessary to lie just as straight, only on the stomach, legs should be straightened, hands behind the head. Perform head lifts together with the upper body with an interval of 20 seconds. Duration of 3-5 minutes.
- Lie on your back, bend your knees and rotate the body at intervals of approximately 20 seconds. Do this exercise for 5 minutes.
- Lie on your stomach, lower your arms along the body, turning your hands up. Sit down so that you can lie face down. Now turn your head to the left, then to the right, returning each time to its original position. Turn around 10 times.
Exercises for the neck
- Stand flat or sit on a comfortable chair with a smooth back, raise and lower the chin. Lower it to the chest as much as possible, after exhaling. Then lift up, taking a breath, but do not throw your head back. Perform at least 10 times.
- Sitting straight or standing, perform head turns, returning to the starting position. Do this exercise slowly and calmly 5 times.
- The starting position is the same. Tilt the head to the left and to the right, try to tilt the shoulder with the ear. Do 5 times.
- Slightly tilt your head back, and now try to press your chin to the jugular fossa, do 5 repetitions.
- Also standing or sitting, put a palm on the forehead( left or right it does not matter).Strongly press the forehead with the palm of your hand, but the head should remain still. Perform 3 times for 10 seconds.
- The same exercise, only the palm is superimposed on the left temple, then on the right temple, then on the back of the head. The essence of the exercises is that the head and palm seem to resist each other.
Together with the gymnastics try to use the recipes of traditional medicine.
About the reasons for the development of this disease and the features of the course of the disease, read here.
These exercises perfectly strengthen the neck muscles, they are very simple, do not require any special equipment, you do not even need a place to lie down. They can be done anywhere, for example, in the workplace during a short break. When you are at home, you can combine two complexes and make a longer charge.
Regular exercise will save from complications, help maintain good health, stop or significantly slow down the degenerative processes in the body that inevitably occur in it. The main thing is not to be lazy and love yourself.
The video shows a set of exercises from one of the most famous manual therapists in Russia:
How we save on additives and vitamins : probiotics, vitamins for neurological diseases, etc., and we order for iHerb( at the link discount 5 $).Delivery to Moscow is only 1-2 weeks. Much cheaper several times than to take in a Russian store, and some goods in principle can not be found in Russia.
CommentsComment * CAPTCHA This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.