Periarthritis of the humerus: exercise complex Popova, therapeutic gymnastics
The complex of therapeutic exercises with shoulder-blade periarthritis is a part of complex therapy in the treatment of inflammation of the shoulder joint. Pleuralopathy periarthritis is a serious but treatable disease.
At the initial stage, a person feels aching pain in the shoulder joint, which is removed by simple analgesics. As a rule, at this point the patient does not seek help from a specialist, muffling the disease with medicines. If the joint is not treated in time, a complication can occur in the form of a partial or complete fusion of the bones.
Shoulder bladder periarthritis. The complex of exercises
LFK in this disease is aimed at as quickly as possible to eliminate even small painful sensations in inflamed tissues. This also helps to relax the muscles around the shoulder and shoulder blade and, as a result, increase the mobility of the affected joint.
When a patient is hospitalized during an acute period of the disease, doctors prescribe a special set of exercises for shoulder-flapping periarthritis.
Basic complex of
1. The patient needs to sit at the table and lean on his elbows. The back for each exercise should be straight( this is a very important rule, since with pleural flap periarthritis, the spine plays a big role in recovery).It is necessary to compress the brushes into a fist and unclench them, straining the muscles of the shoulder.
2. Perform bending of hands in the wrist joint with their subsequent extension.
3. Make circular movements with brushes around the same joints.
4. Straighten both hands and lift them up slowly without jerking, then sharply lower your hands on the table. When performing this exercise, the patient should not feel pain. If pain sensations do occur, you should lower your arms as slowly as you lift them.
5. Raise your hands slightly upwards and put your hands on your elbows. Straighten the brushes, and then raise and lower them down, making movements in the wrist joint.
6. Straighten your arms and spread them apart. Blades during this exercise should be mobile. They need to be brought together and planted in the sides.
7. Bend your hands in the elbows and connect your hands. One hand must press on the other. It is necessary to strain the internal muscles of the shoulder and forearm.
8. Straighten your hands and put them on the table. Raise both hands up as far as possible.
Shoulder bladder periarthritis. Treatment. A set of exercises standing
1. Become straight and spread your legs to the sides. With jerks, take straight hands to the sides and lower them along the body.
2. Do circular rotations with straight arms forward, then back.
3. Get your hands behind your back and make a lock in your hands. Raise your hands up and return them to the same position.
4. Raise your arms to the sides and do swinging movements with your body to the right and left, while straining your back muscles.
5. Put your hands down along the body, raise them to the sides and lower them down.
When appointing a treatment, the physical education instructor is guided by the stage of the disease development and whether the patient has an aggravation of other diseases at the time of acute periarthritis. For some patients, more complex exercises are used.
Method of Dr. Popov
It is important to know that the occurrence of pain in the shoulder joint can speak of such a formidable disease as periarthritis of the humeroscapular. The complex of exercises Popova already with the diagnosis is slow and smooth. The doctor forbids making sharp movements with his hands and advises to think about what positive effect is on the body by doing the exercises.
Principles of treatment
How is periarthritis treated?
The complex of exercises Popova conducted by the method of "small movements".The basis of each exercise is the tilt, stretching, flexing and extension of the muscles of the back and shoulder.
Doctor Popov is inclined to the version that during the illness the joint is fixed in a position that alleviates the pain. After recovery, the joint remains in the same forced position, because of which there is a violation of trophism( feeding) of tissues in the shoulder. To cure the periarthritis of the shoulder, the complex of exercises Popov developed on the principle of "remembering" cells and tissues. Each exercise is important to repeat up to 10 times.
Technique of Popov. The main exercises of
Each exercise is performed while fixing the spine in an upright position.
1. Imitation of walking in a sitting position on the edge of the chair. Put your hands on your knees, legs spread apart. It is necessary to raise and lower the feet alternately, and slide the arms up and down simultaneously with your hands. It is important to breathe correctly during exercise. Lowering his hands to his knees, it is necessary to inhale, raising his hands - exhaling.
2. The same exercise is carried out, but now it is necessary to make circular movements with palms, beginning from the hip ending with the knees. If pain does not occur during exercise, you can hold the palms below the knee.
These are the basic warm-up exercises that you need to perform through every basic movement. Due to these exercises, coordination of movements improves, and the muscles are constantly warmed up.
How to relax the muscles of the shoulder
One of the most important is the exercise to relax the muscles. How to properly perform it? Sit straight and straighten your arms, while relaxing the muscles of your back and shoulder. Slowly raise and lower your shoulders. Trying not to stop moving his hands, bend his back, then very slowly straighten. Repeat several times.
Basic exercises for the shoulder joint
1. It is necessary to raise the shoulders up as much as possible and, trying to pull the muscles, draw the shoulders with the shoulders at first simultaneously, then alternately.
2. Lifting your shoulders up, try to stretch your spine. Hold your shoulders in this position for a few seconds, then lower your shoulders and pull them down. In this position also stay for 2-3 seconds.
3. Exercise "scissors".Dilute your hands to the sides and inhale, cross both arms - exhale. When breeding hands, it is important to ensure that the blades are connected.
4. Lift the arms up and try to turn the body and neck slightly in the direction of the raised hand. Lower your arms down and completely relax your shoulder muscles.
5. Bend the right arm in the elbow and lift it up. Lower your hand down and slowly straighten it. The same movements must be repeated with the other hand.
6. Pull your arms forward and make the lock. Doing wavy movements try to stretch the muscles of the shoulder and forearm. Be sure to do the movements first in a slow rhythm, and then gradually increase the tempo. Change the wavy movements to circular.
7. Straighten your back and put your hands on your knees with your hands down. It is necessary to tilt the body forward and pull the shoulder to the opposite knee. Perform the exercise alternately with each shoulder, straightening the body after each movement.
8. Tilt the body and pull the chest to the knees. Fix the back in this position. Keep your back straight and motionless, trying at this moment to pull your shoulders to your knees. Hold in this position for a few seconds, then return to the starting position and relax.
To maximally quickly cure the periarthritis of the shoulder, the set of exercises Popov should be performed under the supervision of a doctor. It is necessary to increase or decrease the total load on the body in time, so that there is no exacerbation of the disease.
A complex of exercises, therapeutic massage, physiotherapeutic procedures and pharmacological preparations will completely cure the shoulder-and-shoulder periarthritis.
Complexes of exercises with shoulder-flapper periarthritis
Pleural-flapping periarthritis is a common sluggish inflammatory-degenerative lesion of tissues and anatomical formations surrounding the shoulder joint( capsule, tendons, bags, ligaments).Like any other pathological process, the periarthritis of the humeroscapular localization has its own peculiarities with regard to treatment. Among the therapeutic measures, an appropriately chosen set of exercises( Popov, Bubnovsky or other authors) occupies an important place. The rules of rational exercise therapy and gymnastics in the treatment of pleuraepithelial periarthritis are described in this article.
Therapeutic possibilities of gymnastics and physical education
The principle of therapeutic effect of certain movements that are produced during the exercises is the following positive effects:
- improvement of microcirculatory processes and blood circulation in the affected area;
- restoration of trophism of altered tissues;
- relief of residual manifestations of the inflammatory-degenerative process;
- relaxation of intense musculo-tendon complexes;
- strengthening of weakened ligamentous structures;
- recovery of lost muscle tone and prevention of muscle contracture;
- recovery of the required volume of movements.
It's important to remember! Correctly selected set of exercises with shoulder-blade periarthritis has a blocking effect on virtually all the links of the onset and progression of this disease. This is a full-fledged method of treatment, which must necessarily be controlled by a specialist!
General requirements and rules of exercise therapy
Starting complex exercise therapy and therapeutic gymnastics with pleural flush periarthritis, it is necessary to be guided by such main rules:
- Do not resort to this method of treatment in the acute stage of the disease. Sick tissues should remain in a state of rest until the inflammatory manifestations decrease.
- The appearance of minor soreness during exercise is not an excuse for refusing exercise therapy. Pain syndrome can be stopped with the use of pain medications.
- Severe pain is a contraindication for further exercise.
- It is compulsory to follow the rules of gradual increase in the intensity of the loads. It is inadmissible to resort to force exercises, if the bone-tendon complexes of the affected area are not ready for this.
- Severe soreness or limitation of the volume of movements in the shoulder can be reduced by massage of the humerus area or warming it before performing the exercises.
- The initial complex of exercise therapy should be represented by exercises from the initial position lying on the back.
- To achieve good functional results from exercise therapy it is possible by introducing a set of exercises in different positions of the body and using additional devices( rubber band, ball, dumbbell, gymnastic stick).
- The first to exercise in the shoulder shoulders should be involved more distant from the shoulder joints of the upper limb.
It's important to remember! If the patient has started a complex exercise therapy, he is obliged to perform all the exercises regularly. Violation of this principle entails a decrease in the effectiveness of ongoing activities!
Exercises for periarthropathy can be performed using additional devices
In what cases is it better to refrain from gymnastics and exercise therapy
Complex exercise therapy for shoulder-flapping periarthritis is contraindicated in such situations:
- congestive chronic heart failure and circulatory system;
- uncontrolled hypertension;
- marked exacerbation of periarthritis with severe pain syndrome;
- conditions associated with an increased risk of any type of bleeding;
Complex of exercises for the pain syndrome
In the case of humerous periarthritis in the stage of unstable remission with an unexpressed pain syndrome, exercise should be performed in the initial position lying on the back on a hard surface. The main exercises are:
- Warm-up of the upper limb in the form of flexion-extension of the fingers of the hand, squeezing-expanding the hand into a fist( 8-10 times).
- Flexion-extensor and rotational movements with a brush in the wrist with bent forearms in elbows at right angles. After that, the hands are laid along the trunk for relaxation and for a short rest.
- Hands along the trunk in the supine position on the back. Perform 10 rotational movements of the upper limbs, alternately moving the palms of the hands up and down.
- From the previous starting position, bending the forearms in the elbows, put the brush on the shoulder, while breathing in with a delay of 2-3 seconds. After that, you should exhale with lowering your hands to the floor. Such therapeutic exercise consists of 7-10 movements.
- Upper limbs located along the trunk, bend at the elbows and smoothly divorced in the sides with simultaneous pulling up the elbows upwards, and brushes before touching the floor. Repeat 5-6 times.
- Place the brush on the area of the corresponding shoulder joint. Bending his elbows to the sides, he takes a breath, leading back - exhalation.
- From the same initial position( brushes on the shoulders), make the maximum elbows raise forwards by inhalation and lowering on exhalation up to 10 times.
- Dilution of straightened upper limbs to the sides from the supine position with simultaneous rotational movements of the forearms and shoulder fixed in one line. Avoid severe pain and fatigue.
- Raising your arms straight up in front of you from a prone position with simultaneous inhalation and exhalation when lowering.
- The final relaxing exercise is to spread your hands to the sides with your hands up, lie down for a few minutes.
Exercise during periarthritis should be sequential and differentiated
Complex of exercises in the recovery phase of
In the period of convalescence recovery of the humerus periarthritis, exercise therapy can be performed from the initial position sitting on the stool:
- The back is flat, the legs are set on the width of the shoulders. Straightened arms rise upward with simultaneous inhalation. With an exhalation, lower your hands. After 5-6 such cycles, the arms should be raised to the sides with the maximum permissible upward lift.
- Perform linear movements with shoulders in the form of their raising and lowering.
- Movement shoulders in a circle and "eight" forward and back with hands down.
- Get the brush to the shoulder blade first of the opposite side over the shoulder and under it, and then its side 7-8 times.
- Drawing the arm to the side and backward with a delay in this position for a few seconds. It is performed 5 times in turn for each hand.
- Brushes are laid on the shoulders on one side, knees together in a sitting position on a chair. It is necessary to pull the elbows as far as possible towards the opposite knee.
- In conclusion, circular movements are performed in the cervical spine in both directions with hands down.
Exercises from standing position
- Rotational movements with brushes in a circle with simultaneous lifting of straightened arms upwards on inspiration and lowering on exhalation. Exercise until the appearance of a little fatigue.
- The legs are set shoulder width apart. The exercise consists in performing swings with your hands to the right and left, and then back and forth. It is enough for 8-10 cycles of each of the exercises.
- Performing mahov's hands while walking( about a minute).
The essence of the complex of exercises on Popov
The main principle that is embedded in the complex of exercises Popov - a simple movement in the form of rotation and sipping. They should in no case bring pain and discomfort. The set of exercises Popova includes:
- As far as possible, raise the shoulders up and perform rotational movements of the "eight" type.
- In standing position, maximally stretch the spine( sipping).After this, the shoulders go up as far as possible and stay for a few seconds in this position against a background of deep inspiration. On exhalation, the shoulders are as low as possible and fixed for a few seconds.
- Smooth maximum hand movements as a shear type. On inhalation, the arms are divorced to the joints of the scapula, crossed in front of you in exhalation.
- Raising each hand up in turn with simultaneous turning of the trunk in the same direction several times, without lowering the hand. After it is lowered, relax muscles as much as possible.
- Bend the elbow flexed upwards gently in the elbow joint and then gradually lower it.
- Brushes cross into the lock in front of him, forearms are located horizontally. Carry out hand movements like "waves".
- Feet together in standing position. The body tilts forward with pulling the chest to the knees. It is necessary to try to maximally pull the shoulders towards the knee joints and stay in this position for a few seconds.
Whatever complex of exercise therapy for pleural-periarthritic periarthritis has been chosen as the basic course of exercise therapy, the only guarantee of effectiveness can be control by a specialist. Complex medical and physiotherapy treatment in combination with the dosed load significantly increases the chances of recovery.
Exercise therapy for humeroscapular periarthritisThe use of physiotherapy exercises occupies an important place in the complex treatment of various diseases. This is especially important in the treatment of diseases of the musculoskeletal system and, in particular, the humeroparous periarthritis.
What is humeropathy periarthritis
Pleuralopathy periarthritis is a symptom-complex that develops as a result of inflammation of the surrounding shoulder joint of soft tissues( capsules of the joint, tendons and ligaments).The incidence increases with age.
The defeat of periarticular tissues is due to a variety of reasons, including:
- cervical osteochondrosis;
- injury area of the joint;
- occupational exposure, leading to chronic microtrauma;
- congenital features of the structure.
Brachial periarthritis syndrome is characterized by the following symptoms:
- joint pain, aggravated by certain movements, depending on the affected area;
- weakness and atrophy of the shoulder muscles;
- restriction of movements - characterized by varying degrees up to the development of the "frozen joint".
The goals of exercise therapy
Therapeutic gymnastics in the development of humeropyritis is an obligatory component of therapy and its task is to achieve the following:
- prophylaxis of contracture development;
- recovery of strength and muscle tone;
- strengthening of the ligament apparatus;
- improvement of local circulation;
- increase in the volume of movements.
Therapeutic physical training is assigned at the stage of rehabilitation and is conducted under the supervision of a specialist.
Exercises of exercise therapy can be performed in different initial positions:
- lying on the back;
- lying on the stomach;
- sitting on a chair;
- near the gymnastic wall;
- in the standing position.
During the training it is possible to use a variety of subjects:
- gymnastic stick;
- of the ball;
- rubber tape.
There are certain requirements for the exercise of exercise therapy:
- gradual increase in load;
- classes should be regular;
- performing exercises should not cause pain;
- exercises should be performed slowly;
- begins with movements in the distal joints( wrists, wrist and elbow joints), and then move on to shoulder exercises.
Exemplary set of exercises
First the movements are carried out, lying on the back:
- squeezing-unclenching of fingers;
- movements in the wrist joint( flexion-extension);
- rotation with brushes;
- hands down along the body, inhale them bend in the elbows, bring the brush to the shoulders, on exhalation return to the starting position;
- bring the hands to the shoulders, produce the elbows;
- bring the hands to your shoulders, raise your elbows on your breath, lower them down on exhalation;
- to spread hands, relax, regain breath.
Exercises performed while sitting:
- raising and lowering the hand on the healthy side, then doing the same with the patient with the hand;
- movement shoulders up, down;
- movement shoulders in a circle with the hands down;
- movements in the cervical region - tilts, circular movements.
Exercises in the standing position:
- flapping hands to the sides, forward-back;
- walking, accompanied by sweeping movements of hands.
Complex of exercises Popova
Doctor Peter Popov developed his complex of exercises, which implies the principle of "small movements" - doing stretching, rotating, wiggling. Therapeutic gymnastics is built on simple movements that do not bring the patient any discomfort and pain.
Basic exercises of the complex:
- raise shoulders as much as possible upwards and draw with the shoulders number eight first synchronously, then take turns;
- pull the spine, lifting the shoulders up, linger, then lower your shoulders down, fix the position again;
- carry out the movement of the hands "scissors" - on the inspiration to spread hands so that the shoulder blades are connected, on exhalation - to cross;
- take turns to raise your hands up, turning your body towards the raised limb, when you lower your arm down relax the muscles of the shoulder girdle;
- arm bend at the elbow joint, raise, then lower it down and slowly straighten, repeat with the other hand;
- make the lock, stretching his arms forward, perform wave-like movements, stretching the muscles of the shoulder and gradually increasing the tempo;
- circular movements by hands, extended forward and connected to the lock;
- put your hands palms down on your knees, tilt the body forward, turning your shoulder to the opposite knee, then straighten up and repeat the exercise with the other shoulder;
- to tilt the body forward, pull the chest to the knees, linger, trying to pull the shoulders to the legs, fix the case in this position, return to the starting position.
After performing each exercise from the main complex, it is recommended to do warm-up movements:
- imitating walking, sitting - legs to be set shoulder width, back straight, to raise and lower the feet, at this time to carry out sliding movements along the thigh, inhale - to lower hands to the knees, on exhalation - raise them up;
- is the same walking, sitting, but the arms are made circular movements, from the hip to the knees, and lower if the pain does not disturb.
Exercise for relaxation is performed in case if there is a feeling of tension during the main complex:
- in the sitting position, with the arms lowered along the body, the muscles of the shoulder and back relaxed - slow movements of the shoulders up and down, at this time, bend the spine, then slowlystraighten up.
Contraindications to physiotherapy exercises
In the presence of the following conditions of exercise physical therapy contraindicated:
- the presence of circulatory insufficiency from stage 2 and above;
- the presence of fever;
- risk of bleeding;
- high blood pressure.
Regular daily execution of the complex of therapeutic gymnastics allows to achieve positive dynamics, to achieve a reduction in pain, to improve the functional state of the joints.
Complex of exercises( therapeutic gymnastics) with shoulder-flapping periarthritis
Shoulder or humeropathy periarthritis is a disease in which inflammation of surrounding shoulder joints occurs, including the ligaments, the joint capsule, and the tendons of a number of located muscles. Therapeutic gymnastics with periarthritis of the shoulder together with the medicamental treatment of this disease occupies a leading place in the treatment and rehabilitation. In this article you will find a set of special exercises, the implementation of which will help improve the condition for this disease.
Why is there a need for therapeutic gymnastics( LFK) with periarthritis of the shoulder?
with periarthritis of the shoulder without gymnastics is indispensable
regular exercise helps to reduce pain in the shoulder joint and surrounding tissues;
- helps to restore the previous( before the disease) volume of movements in the shoulder;
- increases muscular strength and tone of periarthritis-affected muscles.
Please note: these therapeutic methods should be used only after examination, diagnosis and in parallel with drug treatment. Apply the movements described below only after their approval by the attending physician. Self-medication can harm your body!
Complex of therapeutic exercises with shoulder-flapping periarthritis
group exercises in therapeutic gymnastics( ASF)
The starting position is sitting on a chair.
Place your hands on your waist and spread your elbows to the sides. From this position, start - very smoothly and slowly, without jerking!- To make circular movements with shoulders back and forth.
Try to do the movements so that you do one circular motion for 60 seconds( forward), and then the same - in the opposite direction.
The starting position is the same as in the previous control. Put your hands on your waist and dilate your elbows in the sides, too, very smoothly and slowly move your shoulders forward as far as possible, and then - back and also to the maximum. Repeat this movement "back and forth" five or six times.
Starting position - sitting with the most wounded behind the back of a sick hand. Take a healthy hand with a sore hand behind your wrist, then gently and gently begin to pull the sick arm down and into the healthy side with a pointing on the butt on the healthy side.
Please note: this must be done, avoiding pain and achieving only muscle tension. When you reach the maximum position of the hand, stop for 8-10 seconds at this point, and then on inhalation try to maximally strain your aching arm and freeze in this position for another 10-12 seconds.
After that, exhale, relaxing with a sore arm. At the same time, try to pull the patient a few centimeters in the same direction with a healthy hand, but also without causing pain, and at this point again hang for 7-10 seconds.
After this, perform another four - five cycles with stress-relaxation, during which try to tighten your arm a little further, but without the appearance of pain.
LFK aimed at the upper shoulder girdle
Sitting. Put the hand of the sick hand on the shoulder of a healthy hand, press the elbow against the chest, and with a healthy hand, grasp the elbow of the diseased limb and begin to gently pull the sick arm upwards. Take care that the patient's elbow does not come off his chest and as if riding along it. Tighten the aching arm to the sensation of maximum muscle tension, but not pain.
When reaching the maximum point, fix at this point for ten to fifteen seconds. After that, inhale, stretch the sick hand for seven to ten seconds, relax it on the exhalation, and with a healthy limb, pull the sick arm up a little more. Repeat this cycle of inspiration-exhalation with tension-relaxation, as in the last exercise - 5-6 times.
№5( simplified form)
It is recommended for patients with severe limitations of joint movements, and also when the sore arm is slightly diverted to the side.
The starting position - lying on the back on the floor, the sore arm is straightened at the elbow joint, and the palm looks up. From this position, taking a breath, raise your hand 2-3 cm up and maximally strain it, remaining in this position for seven to ten seconds. Then, on exhalation, lower your hand to the floor and completely relax it, after which you are in that relaxed state for 10-15 seconds.
Repeat this cycle of inspiration-stress and exhalation-relaxation 4-5 times.
And here's an interesting video of the exercise therapy complex for this disease:
Note: the complex is not provided with all the exercises and solely for informational purposes. In order for the treatment of the humeroparous periarthritis to proceed correctly, it is necessary to have a full-time consultation with a physician-rehabilitator or an instructor in physiotherapy exercises.
Pleuralopathy periarthritis: treatment, complex of exercises |LSHealth 03 April 2013. Просмотров: 21133I like 1
Pain in the shoulder area and in the scapular region of modern people occur very often. And the older the person, the more often. However, the mentality of our people is such that first feeling a slight aching pain, we try to forget about it, do not pay attention. We refer to fatigue, overwork.
But pain in the shoulder area and in the scapular region may indicate the onset of serious diseases of : arthrosis of the shoulder joint, arthritis of the shoulder joint, and also on the humeroparous periarthritis.
What is humeroparous periarthritis?
Shoulder-bladder periarthritis is an inflammation of the shoulder joint, as well as inflammation of the tendons of the shoulder joint .Unlike arthrosis, the internal structures of the joint( cartilage, tendons) are not damaged. However, the pains are quite unpleasant, sometimes acute, mostly, aching.
Shoulder-bladder periarthritis: causes of
The emergence of the humeroparous periarthritis can suddenly : from excessive physical exertion( for example, you carried heavy bags), from falling, from hitting the shoulder, etc. Moreover, unsporting people are more prone to this disease, since their shoulder joints are untrained, and they can easily be damaged even by a sharp throw of an object at a short distance.
In addition to the reasons for shoulder injuries or excessive physical exertion, there are a number of other reasons. These include various human diseases, for example: , cervical spine, myocardial infarction, and breast disease( often after surgery).
Pleuralopathy periarthritis has, like many diseases, two forms of manifestation of : acute and chronic.
First the disease is in acute form. The pain from mild becomes gradually stronger and more acute. At night people can not sleep because of this. In some cases, the temperature rises( to 37.5 ° C).The acute period of the disease lasts several weeks. Then the pain decreases, and the disease, as a rule, goes into a chronic stage.
Many chronic patients with chronic aspergillus periarthritis do not treat, referring to the employment and moderation of pain. But this is a wrong decision. After all, any disease must be treated! It can not go by itself.
- Get rid of varicose veins in two weeks! Guaranteed efficacy
Treatment of humeroparous periarthritis
It is best to start treatment as soon as you feel pain in the shoulder area. Always consult a doctor, because only he can correctly diagnose.
Modern methods of treatment of the humeroscapular periarthritis allow to quickly and effectively cope with pain and growing inflammation in the shoulder joint. But if you start the disease, then it will have to be treated long and unpleasantly. After all, if the doctor diagnoses a "frozen shoulder", that is, the union of bones( partial or complete), then it does not bode well for you.
Complex treatment of humeroparous periarthritis includes:
Shoulder-bladder periarthritis: a set of exercises Popova with video
Joint problems are typical for all ages. A large load or a transferred infection can equally cause joint inflammation.
Shoulder-bladder periarthritis - is one of the inflammatory joint diseases that affects the joint of the upper extremities with the human body .However, it is not the joint surfaces that are affected, but the surrounding tissues.
The acute period of the disease implies treatment with medicamental methods, and when the inflammation subsides, physiotherapy and joint gymnastics can be used. Petr Popov developed on a scientific basis a set of gymnastic exercises that help to overcome the disease.
Complex of Popov: benefits of exercises with the humeroscapular periarthritis
The technique, called "small movements", has a significant effect with regular execution. It provides:
- reduction of pain in the shoulder joint;
- training of relaxation of muscle-retainers;
- increase in the amplitude of motion of the upper limbs in the shoulder joint;
- resumption of muscle contraction;
- maintenance of the muscles of the shoulder girdle in physiological tone.
What should I do if my knees hurt? The causes of the appearance of pain and ways to eliminate. How to choose the right orthopedic insoles? Methods and rules of foot correction.
The essence of the
procedure The small movements used in the procedure are justified only in the case of the abatement of the inflammatory process. Otherwise, the patient will not be able to perform exercises qualitatively because of the pain caused during gymnastics. The correct execution of movements, supplemented by regular repetitions of the technique, provides a quick visible result. The therapeutic effect of Popov's technique is to restore the tissue position.
During the inflammatory process, edema of ligaments and muscle fascia leads to compression of the joint surfaces and their mutual displacement. The course of anti-inflammatory drugs helps to anesthetize and relieve swelling. In this case, the disposition of the joints remains.
In parallel, the incorrect position of the bones is fixed by means of connective tissue formations that appear in large numbers during inflammatory changes. As a result, the physiological motor amplitude is disrupted, and pain during movement is maintained, despite the absence of an acute period.
Regular joint training according to Popov's method provides restoration of limb functions. The movements are very simple and do not bring unpleasant sensations during their performance. Immobilized during the disease, the joint regains painless mobility.
Gymnastics for ligaments and tendons
- Sitting on a stool at his edge, the patient should put his hands on his knees and sit with a straight back. Detaching the front edge of the foot as if walking, an imitation of movement is created. Stroking his legs from the hip to the knees with his hands, provide a warm-up to the shoulder girdle.
- In the same position, the muscles of the shoulder girdle relax. Small alternate slopes of the body to the left and right are complemented by alternately tightening the corresponding shoulder.
- In the same initial position, they stretch their arms upwards, preliminarily closing them with the mutual coverage of the brushes. From this position, you can make smooth lateral slopes of the body.
- In a simpler version, tilt the body according to the pendulum principle, sitting on a chair.
- Raise alternately the right and left hand, turning at the same time in the direction of the raised hand. The muscles of the shoulder girdle are actively included by moving the arms bent at the elbows up and forward, and then back and down. In this case, the thumbs of the hands are on the forearms in a line with the clavicles.
What is foot hygroma? Is it possible to cure with the help of folk remedies? Osteochondrosis is a common disease. Learn about the features of the flow and treatment of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine.
There are a number of pathological conditions in which gymnastics according to the Popov method is contraindicated: