Colchicine: instructions for use, addresses of pharmacies where it can be found
Colchicine is a modern effective antidotal drug with a pronounced effect. The drug is produced in tablet form, and the effect of the components is aimed at effective arrest( reduction) of the attack of gout( type of arthritis), to reduce uric acid to normal. On the first day of taking colchicine, the pain syndrome and inflammation of the joints are markedly reduced. Colchicine is recommended only after consultation with a physician. In addition, you should additionally study the instructions for the use of the drug( on the site, ask the pharmacy) for contraindications, since its price is from 960 rubles per package of 60 pieces, and it is a waste of money after the purchase that the drug is contraindicated to youmoney.
Form and composition of the preparation
Colchicine is available in tablet form, 1 tablet contains 1 mg of colchicine - an active ingredient. The package contains 20 coated tablets.
Pharmacological action of
Colchicine drug reduces the migration of leukocytes to the center of inflammation, suppresses the phagocytosis of microcrystals of uric acid salts. The division of cells at the anaphase and metaphase stage completely or partially oppresses, stops the degranulation in neutrophil cells, and has a vivid antimyotic effect. The drug prevents the development of amyloidosis, reduces the occurrence of amyloid fibrils.
Colchicine effectively suppresses acute gout attacks. According to reviews, the drug helps 75% of patients already in the first 10-12 hours after its administration.
Colchicine is prescribed for:
- gout - for the prevention or prevention of acute attacks;
- gouty arthritis, scleroderma, chondrocalcinosis;
- separate forms of phlebitis, inflammatory diseases in dentistry and otolaryngology;
- Mediterranean fever is a family type, amyloidosis.
Colchicine is contraindicated in:
- acute renal or hepatic insufficiency;
- serious violations of the function of SSS, bone marrow, GIT;
- purulent infections;
- older age;
- hypersensitivity to the active ingredient - colchicine.
Side effects of
Colchicine may cause side effects:
- CNS: depression, neuropathy, peripheral neuritis.
- Digestive system: abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, decreased appetite, malabsorption syndrome( lack of vitamin B12), impaired normal liver function.
- Hemopoietic system: neutropenia, aplastic - myelosuppression, anemia, agranulocytosis, leukopenia. Thrombocytopenia develops against a background of long reception.
- Allergic reactions: urticaria, korepodobnaya rash.
- Other: impaired normal functioning of the kidneys, temporary alopecia( hair loss), azoospermia, myopathy.
Dosage and method of application of the preparation
Colchicine, according to the instruction, is taken orally. To eliminate the inflammatory process that occurs in conjunction with an attack of acute gout, the regimen is as follows: the first day - 3 times / day for 1 tablet, the second-third day - twice / day for 1 tablet, the fourth and subsequent days - 1 time /day on 1 tab.(preferably in the evening).The doctor can recommend a different regimen, in which the patient takes 1 tablet, after 1-2 hours half or whole, and so until the disappearance of severe pain.
For prevention Colchicine is prescribed to 1 tablet.1 time / day( preferably in the evening).Duration of admission is three months.
It is not recommended to take more than 8 tablets / day. Amyloidosis is treated for a long time, at least 5 years, prescribing 1-3 tablet / day.
Overdose ofAn overdose of the drug causes: severe diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain, nausea, burning of the skin, pain in the mouth, hemorrhagic gastroenteritis, severe dehydration( dehydration), lowering blood pressure( even before the onset of hypovolemic shock), convulsions, hematuria, ST segment elevationis determined on the ECG), a decrease in myocardial contractility, ascending paralysis, oliguria, suppression of respiratory function.
There are cases of appearance of pulmonary infiltrates, renal failure in acute form, development of hepatocellular injuries against the background of taking the drug.
If there are signs of an overdose of Colchicine or its analogs, it is necessary to call a doctor, because the specialists of the toxicology center are required. As a rule, hemodialysis( adrenal cleansing) is ineffective. There is no specific antidote. It is necessary to monitor the activity of the respiratory tract, maintain vital functions, perform auxiliary ventilation, stabilize the gas composition in the blood, electrolyte balance, and carry out special anti-shock measures.
Treatment with colchicine or its analogues( Colchimine, Colchicine, Colchicum Dyspert) is performed under thorough hematological and clinical control. If signs of side effects, such as nausea, vomiting, pain in the abdomen, you need to reduce dosage. If this does not lead to improvements - the drug is canceled.
If the platelet count is less than 100,000 / μL and the white blood cell count is less than 3000 / μL, colchicine / analogues will be discarded.
is sold Drugstores in Moscow
Not everyone knows where to buy colchicine in Moscow, so sometimes a patient( or his relatives) spends a lot of time searching for the right drug. Unfortunately, there are no specific data on the availability of pharmacies in Moscow, but the drug is available in online pharmacies.
- Luxfarma - Moscow's online pharmacy sells colchicine at a price of 1150 rubles.for a package containing 60 tablets.
Address: The warehouse is located in the village of Rumyantsevo, Kievskoe shosse, 1, BP Rumyantsevo, building G.
Tel.: +7( 495) 215-11-70.
- Likitoria - drug delivery service - is part of a network of pharmacies in Russia, Ukraine, the Baltic States and the CIS.Packaging 1710 rub. / 100 pcs.
Address: Москва - ст.m. Okhotny Ryad, Sokolnicheskaya line.
Phone: +7( 499) 704-18-70, +7( 499) 703-17-71
- The price for colchicine in Moscow in the VIP pharmacy is 1990 rubles / 100 pcs.
Moscow, Central Administrative District, Khamovniki, Park Culture( SL).Moscow.8( 495) 796-40-31
- Ave Delivery - an online pharmacy where you can order an analogue of the drug - Kaltsisan, 20 tablets in a package for 238, 80 rubles.
Address: Moscow, Filevsky Park, metro Fili, Novozavodskaya, 2, building 1,
Tel.: 8( 495) 225-70-70, 8( 499) 653-62-66.
Many patients complain that they can not find a doctor's prescription medication. However, you can learn in advance about the points of sale and analogues. In addition, you can pre-call several pharmacies, rather than go in search of a personal. With this approach, buying colchicine in pharmacies in Moscow will not be a problem.
Pharmacy of St. Petersburg
- Pharmacy, LLC Nika Farm. Address: Ligovsky prospect, 171, m. Obvodny Canal.
- Pharmacy Ava-Peter Farm. Address: Liteiny Avenue, 55, Mayakovskaya metro station.
- is your pharmacy. Address: Rubinstein, d. 30 lit. A, m. Dostoevskaya.
In general, there are more than 50 pharmacies located in different parts of the city, where you can buy colchicine in St. Petersburg without spending a lot of time searching. Prices of the drug in the winter capital of Russia are similar to those in Moscow.
Medication for gout Colchicine: user manual, reviewsColchicine( lat. Colchicinum) is an organic derivative derived from the bulbs of a crocus of a magnificent family of timeless ones.
Modern, versatile counter-dandruff medication.
Colchicine is able to limit the progress of leukocytes to the core of inflammation. It reduces the production of lactate and glycoproteins, reducing the process of phagocytosis of uric acid crystals.
In part, either to the fullest, restrains the fragmentation of cells in the phase of mitotic division, inhibits the intensive growth of granular leukocytes and other cells, interacting with their protein.
blocks the formation of amyloidosis, reduces the appearance of amyloid fibrillar proteins. Effectively prevents gouty attacks in the peak stage.According to the research, Colchicine assists 75% of patients in the first 10-12 hours after application.
Pharmacodynamics of the drug
In oral administration, colchicine digests the digestive tract well, is recirculated through the intestinal-hepatic region.
The drug is mostly connected with the fibrous tissue, as well as in the tissues of internal organs such as the kidneys, liver, spleen, concentrating in them in large doses.
Only a partial drug is metabolized in the liver. The main way of excretion through the feces and urine.
Virtually does not stay in the circulatory system and does not interact with plasma proteins. Does not interact with the lungs, heart muscle and skeletal muscle tissue.
Causes a violation of neuromuscular communication, activates the functioning of the digestive tract, suppresses the respiratory center, produces narrowing of blood vessels, promotes blood pressure, lowers body temperature.
When is the drug irreplaceable?
Indications for use Colchicine:
- gout, gouty arthritis ( prevention of recurrence of gouty crises in the critical phase), mainly in the first days of treatment with uricosuric agents and allopurinol;reduction, localization of pain syndrome, relieves phlebitis of joints, reduces uric acid level to normative indices);
- acute attacks of chondrocalcinosis ( pseudo-fallas);
- systemic scleroderma ( reduces dryness, irritation, softens the skin, antifibrotic property);
- Mediterranean familial fever : prevents symptoms of the disease before exacerbation, reduces DBG activity;
- Behçet's disease ( carries anti-inflammatory and anti-dandruff effects);
- symptoms are inflammatory in ENT - practice;
- phlebitis ( relieves venous inflammation);
- amyloidosis ( suppression of disease activity).
Taking medication is recommended after consulting a doctor.
Drug administration is prohibited.
- is particularly susceptible to the drug;
- chronic liver and kidney dysfunction;
- serious pathologies of functioning of the CCC;
- disorder of bone marrow activity of special severity;
- GI disease;
- purulent infections.
Mechanism of action
Reduces the formation of lactates, preventing the shift of acidity in cells, thereby localizing the formation of urates and uric acid.
Dosages and route of application of the drug
Colchicine is available in the form of tablets or dragees.
Tablets are taken orally.
During the treatment of gouty arthritis in the acute stage and the existence of the inflammatory process, there are 2 regimens prescribed by the doctor:
- Scheme # 1 : on the first day of treatment, 0.003 g / day.(1 tab., In the morning, 1 tab., Per day,
1 tab. In the evening);On the second and third days, 0.002 g / day( 1 tab. In the morning and 1 tab. In the evening);on the fourth and the last.days-0.001 g / day( 1 tab., preferably in the evening).
- Diagram №№ 2 : 1 tab., Then with a period of 1-2 hours.on the floor tab.or 1 tab.until the disappearance of attacks of acute pain.
Maximum permissible dosing: 6-8 tab./ day, but not more than 8.
When a family of Mediterranean fever( FMF) is taken, 0,5 - 2 tab.(0.0005 - 0.001 mg) during the day.
A similar dosage regimen is used for other indications.The tablets should be swallowed whole, without chewing, and drink the right amount of water.
In case of amyloidosis: it is taken from 1 to 3 tab./sut. Duration of treatment is five years.
Overdose and additional indications
During an overdose, the following symptoms may occur:
- in the area of the stomach;
- dry skin;
- gastroenteritis of hemorrhoids;
- dehydration of the body;
- hypotension( hypovelmic shock possible);
- increase in the ECG segment;
- weakened urination;
- weakening of myocardial contractions;
- difficulty breathing;
- paralysis of an ascending type.
According to reviews of some patients after the administration of Colchicine, pulmonary infiltrates, hepatocellular disorders, and OPN - renal failure could occur.After five days after an overdose, the onset of a severe depression of the bone marrow accompanied by leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, coagulopathy.
At the first manifestations of drug overdose, a doctor must be called at home, since there is no specific antidote.
Out-of-purity cleansing has no effect. Treatment should be performed in the infectious department.
It is necessary to control the patency of the airways, monitor vital functions, perform additional ventilation of the lungs, regulate the gas composition of the arterial blood, balance electrolytes, and apply anti-shock measures.
Side effect of the drug
- CNS - depression, neuritis, neuropathy;
- digestive system : dyspeptic manifestations( anorexia, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, decreased appetite, diarrhea), especially in individuals with ulcerative bowel and stomach lesions, liver function deficiency, vitamin B12 deficiency, impaired normal liver function;
- allergic reactions : rash, like measles, urticaria;
- hematopoietic system : leuko-, neutropenia, agranulocytosis, aplastic anemia;
- with prolonged admission of thrombocytopenia ;
- other : azoospermia, reversible alopecia, myopathy, changes in the natural functioning of the liver and kidneys, elevation of alkaline phosphatase and GGTP, itching during intravenous administration and hemorrhage - acute pain, necrosis, muscle weakness.
Treatment with medication should be carried out with monitoring of the clinical and hematological picture of the patient's condition, conduct a study of feces for latent blood.
If there are any serious side effects from the GI tract, then the drug should be canceled or reduced in dosage.
If the level of white blood cells in the blood drops below 3-109 / l and platelets below 100-109 / L decrease reception until the normalization of the blood picture. Probably false positive results of urine on erythrocytes and hemoglobin.
Simultaneously with Allopurinol, you can take a dragee( Colchicum-dispersant).
One-time use of a drug with alcoholic beverages is undesirable, because it is likely to provoke intoxication of the gastrointestinal tract, especially in persons suffering from alcoholism.
And it can also reduce the effectiveness of the drug, since alcohol has the property of increasing the concentration of uric acid.
It is not advisable to take the drug in doses with a large volume of people suffering from impaired renal function, but at small dosages it can be well tolerated by patients with renal pathology.
Therefore, treatment with colchicine should be carried out by monitoring the hematological and clinical picture of the patient's condition.
The drug during pregnancy should be used only after consultation with the doctor in case of emergency. It is recommended to abort breastfeeding.
If you need to prescribe a medicine for a child
The dosage of the drug when used by children should be calculated based on the body weight and the area of the plane of the body of the child's, which should be 0.00003 - 0.00002 g / kg / day.and 0.00116-0.00045 g / m2 / day.respectively.
For children under the age of five, the daily dose will be 0.00007 g / kg / day.and 0.0019 g / m2 / day.similarly( and this is 2-3 times higher than the average daily dose for adolescents 16-20 years).
In general, the reaction to the drug is observed in children in 95-97% of cases.
Interaction with other drugs
It should be noted that:
- One-time administration with phenylbutazone: multiplies the risk of leukemia, thrombocytopenia.
- The use of NPP increases the risk of bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract.
- Co-administration with drugs that are used to treat tumors can affect the increase in the concentration of uric acid in the serum, thereby contributing to a decrease in the effectiveness of preventive therapy.
- Reduction in the number of platelets, as well as leukocytes in the blood on the background of taking the drug, are enhanced when applied simultaneously with drugs that cause a hypersensitive reaction.
- When taken together with sedatives, the drug can increase the susceptibility of the central nervous system.
- Reception with sympathomimetic drugs enhances effectiveness.
- Admission with cyanocobalamin reduces the absorption of the drug from the digestive tract.
Colchicine in questions and answers
The most frequent questions that arise in patients about Colchicine, and for which there is no response in the instructions for use, are answered by doctors.
Is it possible to administer the drug during treatment of certain forms of pericarditis?
Yes, it is possible. Thus it is necessary to hand over regularly the analysis of a blood.
Anatoly Ivanovich, the doctor-therapist, Ekaterinburg
Hello, dear doctor. From information in the Internet space, I learned that the Israeli clinics widely use a medicine that extends the period between attacks many times over with a periodic illness. Respond please, whether this information is true and what is this medicine?
Most likely, implication is the use of colchicine.
Indeed, I met patients who had no medications to reduce the frequency and morbidity of the seizures, but after Kolchicin's appointment, they felt better and the frequency and strength of the attacks decreased.
Responded by Oleg Vasilievich, rheumatologist
Patients about the
preparation Reviews of patients who take or have taken Colchicine.
I take medicine for 4 years - I bring it from abroad. It effectively cures gouty attacks.
Exactly after eight hours passed pain symptoms in the legs immediately after the first application, on the 2nd day I was able to walk without the usual pain. As a result, almost a year has passed without exacerbations.
Quickly removes an acute attack( within days), but the kidneys "feel" that they are.
Take only as prescribed by doctors, drank one tablet at night and almost the next day felt relief, relieves pain perfectly.
I advise Kolkhitsin during the gift of the seizures, this medicine has been helping for several years. Perfectly heals the pain, it becomes easier every day. ...
Advantages and disadvantages from the practical application of the
- takes salts well;
- is effective for the prevention of gouty attacks;
- quickly relieves pain;
- relieves of tumors.
- difficult to buy at the pharmacy;
- has a number of contraindications.
Cost of medication
Produced Colchicine in the form of tablets, price from 1150 rubles per 60 tabs .
The place of storage of the drug should be a damp, darkened, inaccessible place for children. Store at room temperature t.
Shelf life - 4 years. Unacceptable use at the end of the statute of limitations. Leave in pharmacies strictly according to the recipe.
How can I replace a medicine?
- Colchicum - Dyspert;
Overview of medicines for the treatment of gout |My health
How to choose a medicine to treat gout? The main thing is to decide on its purpose. And the purpose of using drugs from this disease is the exchange of human substance, there will be a withdrawal of the pain syndrome, prevention of long-term complications, and repeated attacks of gout. Not begun on time treatment of this illness can lead to such unpleasant consequences, as deformation changes of joints and disturbances in the work of the kidneys.
Let's try to list several medications considered to be the best in gout therapy.
Taking this medication while treating gout helps with acute attacks. A good effect of taking this drug can be achieved if you use it in the first day of exacerbation of gout. The medicine should be taken hourly for 0.5 mg. The course of taking the drug ends with the onset of tangible results. Among the advantages of this drug should be noted effective, pain-relieving effect. Among the minuses, it is worth highlighting the possibility of occurrence of such side effects as diarrhea, vomiting, nausea.
Price In pharmacies the cost of Colchicine ranges from 1100 rubles to 1200 rubles for 60 tablets of 1 mg each.
This medicine is for the treatment of gout, rather symptomatic than specific( read more about this here).Referring to the group of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, diclofenac helps cope with the phenomena of joint inflammation at the time of a gouty attack. This drug is taken in a dose of up to 200 mg per day. Among the great advantages of this drug can be called its pronounced anti-inflammatory effect and affordable cost. Among the disadvantages is paying attention to a wide list of its contraindications and the likelihood of side effects, especially on the part of the gastrointestinal tract( nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, ulceration.)
The cost of The price of diclofenac in tablets of 10 mg is in the range of 70 rubles for 20 tablets.
This medicine for the treatment of gout is endowed with the properties to reduce heat and inflammation while eliminating the pain. It is taken twice a day. The tablets are not chewed and are preferably taken with food. In the stage of exacerbation of gout their doseis determined at 0.5-0.75 grams The first method can be shock to 0.8 g, then the dose is reduced to 0.25 grams. Among the benefits of this drug can be called its pronounced long-term analgesic effect, affordable cost, the mass of pharmaceuticalsAmong the minuses, this is a wide list of contraindications, including ulcerative and erosive lesions of the intestine and stomach, bronchial asthma, renal and hepatic insufficiency.
The cost of The price of Napxen at the time of writing was between 100 and 330 rubles, depending on the manufacturer of the drug and the number of tablets in the package.
The action of this drug is similar to the action of the above-described diclofenac( read more about this here).It has the same pluses and minuses as diclofenac. At its cost remains very affordable, "folk drug".
Price The price for Indomethacin ranges from 30 to 50 rubles.
Colchicine - instructions for use, reviews, counter reviews, and contraindications
1 tablet contains colchicine 1 mg;in the package of 20 pcs.
Prevents mitotic division of neutrophils and stabilizes the membranes of their lysosomes.
Reduces the release of lysosomal enzymes that mediate acute gouty inflammation;reduces the formation of lactic acid, preventing the pH shift in the tissue fluid and limiting the crystallization of uric acid.
Gout( arrest and prevention of seizures), other acute attacks of chondrocalcinosis, recurrent disease, Behcet's syndrome.
Hypersensitivity, acute hepatic and renal insufficiency.
Dosing and Administration
Inside. On the first day of treatment, 3 mg / day( table 1 in the morning and 2 tablets in the evening), on days 2 and 3, 2 mg / day( 1 table morning and evening), 4 andthe next days - 1 table.in the day( evening).For the prevention of acute gouty arthritis - 1 mg / day( evening).
Be cautiously prescribed for violations of kidney and / or liver function, during pregnancy( only for strict indications).Long-term use requires systematic monitoring of the pattern of peripheral blood.
Side effects of
Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, azoospermia, neuropathy, myopathy, leukopenia, neutropenia, thrombocytopenia, urticaria, korepodobnaya rash.