LFK with flatfoot
LFK with flatfoot
Under the flatfoot is understood the changed form of the foot, which is characterized by the complete or partial omission of its arches: transverse and longitudinal. Like many other pathological disorders, flat feet have a variety. It should be noted that there can be a combination of several forms.
Features of the disease
Diagnosis of the flatfoot can be done by radiographing the corresponding stop zone in two projections in the standing position. But, of course, a competent orthopedist will be able to determine whether a person has this pathology during physical examination.
In order to diagnose platypodia, experts, in addition to X-rays, also use indicators such as the features of shoe wear and gait, the response of muscles and arches to the load, motor volume and angles of deflection, anatomical landmarks of the ankle and foot, etc. But in order to determine the degree of flat-foot orthopedics, they analyze precisely the obtained radiographs.
LFK with flatfoot
Therapeutic physical culture( abbreviated LFK) is a special therapeutic method, which consists of the use of physical exercises in the process of treating a patient with therapeutic and prophylactic purposes. In other words, the basis of this method is movement - the basic biological function of the body.
Complex of exercises
LFK is one of the most productive methods that help to strengthen muscle tone and maximize blood flow. Therefore, the appointment of a competent curative physical culture with flat feet is completely understandable, since it is directed at the effect on each link of this pathological process.
The muscular groups to which the exercise complex
is directed. So, the main goal of physiotherapy exercises with flatfoot is to effectively achieve the position of the arch, which is necessary for complete recovery, and maximum fixation of the results obtained. There are different sets of exercises that are aimed at improving the performance and strengthening of certain muscle groups. These are the calcaneus, lower leg and thigh, ankle joint, plantar aponeurosis, metatarsal fingers.
Basic exercises of
It is worth noting that in order to achieve maximum results in the shortest possible time, it is recommended to combine exercise complexes that are aimed at stimulating different muscular systems. As a rule, for this standard exercises( standing, lying, sitting) combine with the use of auxiliary objects in the form of inclined planes, gymnastic sticks, as well as geometric cubes.
Use of auxiliary items during exercise therapy
The correct choice of a set of exercises, the daily responsible execution of it for several months can lead to excellent results that will stop the progressive flattening of the foot.
The main principles of the correct performance of the exercises
Is it worth saying that you can start classes only after diagnosis and professional advice of a specialist? But beyond this very obvious point, it is necessary to pay attention to a number of other features, on which the speed of achieving the desired results depends and, importantly, the absence of damage and deterioration of health.
You should not do any kind of amateur activity, that is, do gymnastics, which the doctor did not recommend. Even if it seems to you that some exercise will only improve the situation, it is worthwhile once again to go to a specialist and ask a question of interest. This is due to the fact that each complex is selected for a specific pathology. Some exercises can significantly harm.
LFK should consist only of the correct exercises
An interesting fact is that when walking on sand or stones every day barefoot, the effectiveness of therapeutic exercises in the fight against flatfoot increases at times. And in order to qualitatively fix the result it is recommended to walk on toes, on the heels and along the inclined plane.
This additional exercise can lead to a great effect, being at the same time guaranteed to be harmless. To achieve maximum results, experts recommend combining exercise therapy with exercises aimed at normalizing the tone of the back and correcting the posture.
Rehabilitation with physiotherapy exercises
In order for a person to become completely healthy, it is not always enough to take medication and prescribe exercises. Of great importance is the psychological mood, the desire of man. The fact that the treatment of flat feet physical exercises - this is a daily monotonous work, which does not immediately bring the desired results. Therefore, if a person firmly decided to get rid of such a common problem as flat feet, then he should have patience.
Only with the help of serious strong-willed efforts does the patient have a chance to become healthy and forget for ever that he had a pathology of this type.
Irregular, not conscientiously performed exercises will never lead to even the slightest results. In the treatment of flat feet with the help of physiotherapy exercises, self-discipline, regularity and responsibility of the patient to themselves and their health are of great importance.
Many orthopedic specialists recommend to apply before the beginning of the treatment course to a psychologist who can properly adjust for long-term work and motivate a person.
The choice of shoes for exercise therapy
It's no secret that shoes are of great importance for the formation of the right human foot. We spend in shoes, boots for most of the day, so the shoes we choose should ideally match the type of foot, be comfortable and not cause even the slightest discomfort.
Especially important selection of shoes is for a person who undergoes a course of physiotherapy exercises to get rid of flat feet. Even if the patient will conscientiously, responsibly and regularly perform physical exercises, the result will instantly disappear if, with an illiterate selection of shoes.
Selection of orthopedic shoes
Please note that experts recommend choosing shoes that would match several indicators. First, its medial edge should be spacious and, very importantly, straight. Secondly, shoes must be made of natural material, namely leather. And, thirdly, the heel height must not be strictly higher than four to five centimeters.
Also worth paying attention to the special corrective shoe insole. They are especially important at the beginning of the treatment course. Special insole for combating flatfoot allows you to maintain the arch in the correct position. They also play an important role in the return of muscle tone.
The purchase of such insoles will significantly speed up and improve the efficiency of the treatment process. By the way, in these insoles it is recommended not only to walk, but also to engage in appropriate exercises, since they will not do any harm, but will only enhance the effect of the performed gymnastic exercises.
Thus, it is worth noting that therapeutic physical culture is an integral part of the therapeutic process. LFK is an important and obligatory method that will help to cope with flat feet successfully and effectively. But do not forget that the selection of a set of exercises should only deal with a competent orthopedic trauma specialist.
Video - exercise therapy with flat feet
Flat feet in adults: a photo of flatfoot and exercises in the prevention of flatfoot
Flat feet of some are perceived as a "frivolous" disease, which is not worth paying close attention to. However, this is not so - this disease can cause a violation of posture, lead to varicose veins and even thrombophlebitis. Therefore, the prevention of flatfoot should not be ignored - and should begin at least with the abandon of uncomfortable shoes.
This seemingly "trifling" disease can turn into a terrible torture for a person( "lucky" only for some recruits: they can avoid the fulfillment of "sacred military duty" with the help of pronounced degrees of flatfoot).
Types and causes of flatfoot
Flattening is the descent, flattening of the transverse or, more rarely, longitudinal arch of the foot.
Note the photo: with flat feet the foot looks almost completely flat, without a pronounced dimple between the toe and the heel.
There are three types of flatfoot:
1. Paralytic caused by poliomyelitis or resulting from paralysis.
2. Traumatic , resulting from fractures of the bones of the feet or ankles.
3. Static - the most common, usually hereditary or acquired as a result of overloads of feet.
As seen above in the photo, all types of flatfoot differ from each other in the degree of expression of the longitudinal and transverse arches of the foot.
The causes of flatfoot may be a lack or excess load on the legs. This can be a person's professional activity, for example, a forced working posture standing( workers or sellers who stand all day standing on their feet), playing sports that undergo inadequate loads on their feet, wearing inefficient shoes( for example, heels on shoes, onstiff platform, high heels.).
Flat feet can form in early childhood due to diseases of rickets, and also at a later age due to pregnancy, diabetes or obesity. In adults, flat feet are more common in women than in men.
Symptoms of flat feet
The basic symptoms of flat feet - fast fatigue of the legs, aching pain in the foot and ankle, swelling of them, often occurs in the evening and disappears by morning. With flatfoot, there may also be a violation of the circulation of the lower extremities.
Flat feet are easy to recognize. To do this, just smear the foot with oil or cream, and then leave it imprinted on a sheet of white paper lying on a flat surface. Usually, with flatfoot, at least half of the width of the original part of the foot is imprinted, since the foot does not have the proper size of the notch.
Understand that you have flat feet, you can, and found a quick wear on the inside of the soles of your shoes.
But most accurately the degree of flatfoot is established clinico-roentgenologically in conditions of physiological load of the examined foot at the patient's standing on a specially made stand. This technique allows you to assess the entire condition of the musculoskeletal, ligamentous and articular apparatus.
How and what to treat a flatfoot
Before treating a flatfoot, you need to determine the causes of its occurrence. To remove the pain caused by walking or other loads on the feet, you can use ointments such as viprosal, finalgon, diclofenac, etc. Also, in the group of drugs, than you can treat flat feet, the usual analgesics.
For correcting the natural form of the foot, use corrective insoles( arch supports).
In case of severe, neglected cases, it is necessary to wear special orthopedic shoes( usually shoes with lacing, solid sole and lateral support of the foot).
It is recommended to take regular courses of massage.
It is advisable to go in for swimming.
In the evenings( and if it is necessary, then still in the afternoon) make hot baths with sea salt.
And, perhaps, the main thing here is a physical therapy.
Complex exercises for flat feet Feet
1. For the first exercise with flatfoot, take the initial position sitting on a chair. Knees and heels are connected, the right foot is strongly unbent. You should bring the anterior section of the left foot under the soleplate of the right, and then repeat this exercise by changing your legs.
2. Stroke the left shin with the inner edge and plantar surface of the right foot. Then repeat the exercise, also changing your legs.
3. Bend and unbend the toes. This exercise should be repeated 10-15 times.
4. Set feet on shoulder width with heels to the floor. Then start rotating the feet in different directions, changing the direction of rotation. Then do the same, already standing, holding on to the back of the chair. Run this 10 times.
5. At both stops, grab and lift the ball.
6. Grasp and lift the pencil several times with your toes.
7. Starting position: sitting on a chair, then standing on the floor( feet shoulder-width apart).Unfold the feet on one straight line, first the heel to the heel, and then the toe to the toe. You can hold your hand by the back of the chair. Perform this exercise 10 times.
8. Expand the feet to the outside, and then - to the inner side. Perform 10 times.
9. Also in the complex of exercises with flat feet is the following: standing on toes and holding the feet in parallel, go to the outer edge of the foot, and then return to the starting position.
10. Sitting on a chair, and then on the floor, climb to his feet, leaning on the outer arch of the feet. When lifting from the floor, you can help yourself with your hands. Perform 10 times.
11. Starting position: standing. To rise on socks and on the heels: a) by placing the feet on one line with their toes inward, b) placing the feet on one line with their toes outwards.
12. Starting position: standing. Make a right foot forward, then turn around 180 °, changing your leg. Do this exercise 10-12 times.
13. Standing on your toes, shifting from one foot to the other. Do this exercise 10 times.
14. Sitting on a chair, raise one and the other leg one at a time, as high as possible. The leg should be straight. Perform 10 times.
15. Standing, make 30-50 steps on the heels, on the toes, on the inner ribs of the feet, and then - already on the outer ribs stop.
16. Final exercise: walking from heel to toe in standing position. It is recommended to do 30-50 steps with each foot.
Actuality of flatfoot treatment
Many people think that flat feet is not such a dangerous disease as, for example, arthritis, but in vain. It is flatfoot, untreated in time, can become one of the reasons for the formation of dangerous health complications. These include such "adult" diagnoses as curvature of the spine, osteochondrosis, intervertebral hernia, arthrosis, arthritis including.
Is flatfoot treated and how effective is treatment? The answer is simple - flatfoot can be completely corrected only up to the child's age of 6-7 years, and in adults - only carry out a correction. That is why treatment and correction of flat feet are relevant for adults and children, and therapeutic gymnastics is a good help in complex therapy.Before starting flatfoot treatment at home, you need to get a doctor's consultation. This must be done to assess the degree, shape of flat feet, and also to choose orthopedic footwear and insoles.
What can I do at home? These are measures aimed at overall health promotion, nutrition correction, walking tours, classes, exercises and much more.
- In summer, you can walk and walk without shoes, it is advisable to choose a rocky surface for this. On the plantar surface of the foot are all active points, so this walk not only forms anatomical arches of the foot, but contributes to overall health.
- From sports you can go swimming, especially swimming in the style of a crawl. Leg movements with this style develop rotational movements of the foot. If conditions permit, and the disease is mild, you can do ski sports or figure skating. This will keep the foot in a strictly horizontal position.
- A good effect is provided by a flat-foot massage, which can be done by using simple techniques. For this, stroking, kneading, rubbing, squeezing are used. Massage tones muscles, ligaments and fascia, and their tone, in turn, leads to correction of the foot.
- It is necessary to teach the child to walk properly. To do this, for several minutes 6-7 times a day, ask him to walk, straightening his shoulders, lifting his head, and the feet should be strictly horizontal and parallel to each other.
- The main condition of treatment is therapeutic gymnastics with flat feet. Use for this instructor is not necessary, because the techniques are simple and easily duplicated, even by children.
How to cure flat feet with simple exercises, you ask? To understand what happens during the exercises, it is necessary to recall that flat feet is a disease of the whole musculoskeletal system. A load that is not distributed correctly can lead to dangerous illnesses in adulthood. And the flat foot is treated only with shoes or insoles, as it is necessary to strengthen the muscles and ligaments of the entire leg and lower parts of the spine, because the innervation of the foot begins in the lumbar part of the spine.
Complex of exercises with flat feet( click to enlarge).
Complex of exercises
- hands are stretched upward, we go on toes;
- hands on the waist, we go on the heels;
- hands on the belt, we walk on the outside of the foot;
- tennis ball clamped between the feet, we walk on the outside of the foot.
In the standing position:
- hands on the belt, stand on the outside of the foot, turn the trunk to the right and left;
- we stand on the outside of the foot, we rise on the toes.
Standing on a stick:
- move on a stick, placing stops both along and across.
In sitting position:
- legs extended forward, bend, unbend fingers;
- legs are bent at the knees, maximally bred and heel, without taking off socks from the floor;
- legs are stretched forward, pulling the socks as much as possible, and then pulling ourselves away;
- legs are extended forward, we reduce and we breed legs, joining stops;
- legs stretched forward, grab a pencil and lift;
- legs are stretched forward, grab a tennis ball, toss it and catch it;
- the legs are bent at the knees, we roll the tennis ball from the sock to the heel along the longitudinal arch.
In the position of the body at an angle of 45 degrees:
- raise both legs and torso at an angle of 45 degrees and hold as much as you can.
How often to practice gymnastics
All the exercises need to be done regularly, for 1.5-2 years, giving it 15-20 minutes per day. Each exercise should be done, repeating several times.
How to cure flat feet with walking, if in some regions only 2-3 months a year is warm? In winter time, you can adjust the massage mat for walking. Make a massage mat from flat feet with your own hands is not difficult - just enough for dense fabric threads or glue to attach small items( buttons, curlers, glass stones and other small items).
Early detection of the diagnosis and timely treatment started are the key to a full recovery. A therapeutic gymnastics, held regularly, can become an indispensable assistant in successful treatment.
Longitudinal and transverse flatfoot - treatment proskostopiya, prevention, massage, exercise therapy exercise therapy with flatfoot
Continuing the conversation about flatfoot, today we will consider in more detail the transverse flatfoot, as well as methods of treatment and prevention of both transverse and longitudinal flatfoot.
The most unpleasant truth about this disease is that it is almost not treated. The later you start to heal flat feet, the less you will have chances to get rid of it. Therefore, prevention is the main way to prevent this formidable disease.
Completely get rid of flat feet for adults is impossible, but when it is discovered in childhood, there is still a chance.
In the case of transverse flatfoot, the bones of the foot that are in the region of the toe position diverge. In this case, the inner part of the big toe is deflected outward and a painful lump is formed. Significant changes occur with the middle finger, it curves to the bottom and looks like a hammer or a hook in appearance.
The transverse flatfoot is subdivided into 3 degrees, which are determined depending on the angle of deviation of the thumb from its normal position when it is directed forward.
- Flattening of the first degree. The thumb is diverted by an angle of not more than 20 degrees. As the bones of the foot "part", when walking in the shoes, the fingers change their normal position and begin to rub themselves more intensely with shoes, they appear uncomfortable thickening of the skin, which is called natoptyshi. In the case of prolonged stress on the legs, walking or standing, at the first degree of transverse flatfoot, the legs begin to get tired more quickly. In addition to these symptoms, the thumb of the thumb begins to bulge sideways, which acquires the soreness
- Platypodia of the second degree. The corncobs continue to grow and increase in size. The arch of the foot in the region of the fingers almost disappears, and the thumb curved inwards by an angle that can be up to 35 degrees. Since the leg is already hard to put on the shoes in the width, the shoes begin to press on the foot from the sides and on the bulging thumb of the thumb starts to form a considerable size of the foot. At this degree of transverse flatfoot there are already significant pains with prolonged load on the legs.
- Flattened third degree. The big toe has a very significant bend inside the foot( from 35 degrees and above), the foot around the fingers is completely flattened, the other fingers look like a hook bent to the bottom. It is very difficult to walk, painful sensations are noted at any load.
The degrees of longitudinal and transverse flatfoot, described in this and the previous article, can be only their combination. In that case, as they say, "it's all very sad."
Having studied the transverse flatfoot a little, it's time to move on to the most important issue of this article, "How to treat flatfoot?"
Fertility prevention and treatment of flatfoot
Plane-foot surgery is divided into 2 main types
The main goals of the treatment of flat feet are primarily aimed at strengthening the muscles and ligaments, because their weakening is the main cause of flatfoot. Since it is impossible to completely heal, especially adults, it is necessary to somehow secure the body, in particular the spine from traumatic influences and prevent, or at least significantly slow the development of this disease.
If possible, conservative flat foot therapy is used, including curative gymnastics, the use of special orthopedic insoles and shoes, massage and other methods. Apply it in cases when the disease is not very neglected and has not reached grade 3.
The third degree of flatfoot, unfortunately, almost does not give in to conservative treatment, and patients are forced to resort to surgical intervention, in which ligaments are cut, the curvature of the thumb is removed and the vaults of the foot are corrected.
About how the platypodia is surgically treated, I will not be widely spread, in practice, at home, surgical methods of treating this disease are not possible. I will dwell on the methods of conservative treatment and prevention with which I am not familiar by hearsay and which are accessible to all and allow either to slow down or completely stop the development of flatfoot.
The main components of conservative treatment and prevention of flatfoot
- Physiotherapy( ASF)
- The use of insteps and orthopedic insoles
The main goal of all measures of conservative treatment is, first of all, preventing the development of the disease and relieving the soreness caused by foot deformation.
Physiotherapy exercises with flatfoot
The goal of exercise therapy with flat feet is to strengthen weakened ligaments and muscles, to consolidate the results achieved in treatment( including surgical) and thereby prevent the development of the disease. Therapeutic exercise should be practiced every day for at least 10-15 minutes, but it will be better if you do this several times a day. Just want to warn you that exercise therapy is effective only in longitudinal flatfoot, with the transverse influence of it minimally due to the fact that the muscles of the shins, which in this case are trained, have practically no effect on the transverse arch of the foot.
Below I present a small complex exercise exercise therapy with flat feet. Study it, and again, do it daily.
Exercises of exercise therapy with flatfoot
The first 2 exercises are performed sitting on the floor:
- Tightly connect the straightened legs, so that the heels and knees touch each other. Maximize the leg of your left leg and try to wind the front of your right foot under the soleplate of your right foot. Repeat the exercise by changing your legs.
- The starting position too. Bend the right foot and stroke the lower leg of the left foot with the sole of the right foot, placing emphasis on the inner surface of the foot.
For the next 5 exercises, it is necessary to sit on a chair or sofa
- For a minute, slowly bend the toes of the feet
- For the next exercise, you need a ball. Grab it with the inner surfaces of the feet and lift it up. Repeat several times.
- Take any small object: pen, pencil, finger battery. Grab it with your toes and lift it up. Repeat several times, then change your legs.
- Replace the small object with something soft, like a sponge and repeat the previous exercise
- Spread the towel on the floor and try to crush it, and then spread it with your toes
Exercises in the standing position
- Stand straight, put the feet in parallel and go up on the toes. From this position, smoothly go to the outside of the feet and again take the initial position on the toes of the
- Walk around the room on the outside of the foot, bending the fingers of the
- Walk around the room on tiptoe