Gymnastics for arthrosis of the knee
Arthrosis is an irreversible change in the cartilaginous tissue. At the same time, the mobility of the joint deteriorates, pain and crunch occur at the slightest load. Cure arthrosis is impossible, but therapeutic gymnastics and medication for knee arthrosis can relieve painful pain, ensure normal working capacity and prolong the life of damaged tissues.
Gymnastics for arthrosis of the knee joint is very important to perform in the morning after awakening. This will allow you to spend in comfort all day on your feet. In addition, exercises for arthrosis of the knee should be performed every day as many times as possible. Combining LPC will be effective with swimming, walking in comfortable shoes, massage.
We present to your attention a set of exercises designed specifically for the treatment of arthrosis of knee joints:
- We warm the knees: we rub the joints with the palms in front. First clockwise, then counterclockwise. After that, we rub the popliteal cavities.
- We make a vibrating movement with the whole body: lightly tear off the heels from the floor, bending the knees.
- IP - sitting on the floor, legs stretched forward. We make vibration, bending and unbending the knees.
- We fold our feet in the "butterfly", we rub the inside of the knees with the back side of the palms. Gradually, the rubs turn into slaps. This is where the blood circulation is most often disturbed, which ultimately leads to arthrosis.
- We lay down on the floor, knees bend, caviar parallel to the floor. We lower our legs and raise them. When lowering, the socks should hit the buttocks.
- Do the previous exercise, lying on your stomach. We bend our legs in the lap and lower ourselves to the buttocks.
- We lay down on the side, the upper leg is bent and unbend, on the bend the leg touches the buttocks. We repeat to the other side.
- Lying on your back, doing an exercise bike.
- IP - lying on the back, bend both legs in the knees and unbend. At the bend, the legs touch the buttocks.
- We grab our knees with the palms, in the popliteal cavity we pin our fingers into the lock. Bent legs are attracted to the chest, and without breaking the lock we bend and unbend our legs.
These were the first ten exercises from the complex of therapeutic gymnastics for arthrosis of the knee joint. In exercises, various squats, as well as unstable leg positions, should be avoided.
The most important in the treatment of arthrosis is your dedication. If you devote every free minute to the exercises, the disease will stop progressing, and soon you will forget about the pain.
Technique of fantastically effective gymnastics for arthrosis of the knee joint
Daily gymnastics for arthrosis of the knee joint is a very effective and absolutely free method of treatment. All exercises are simple and understandable, many of them can be repeated many times during the day, without detaching yourself from work or household chores. But adjust to the fact that you will have to work regularly and for a long time, and the first results may have to wait several weeks or months. Read on: how to make physical education fantastically effective, so that doctors jaw at your progress in treatment? When should I study and how? The answers are already in the next paragraph.
An approximate set of exercises for knee arthrosis. Click on the picture to enlarge
Important training rules for
Before starting to do gymnastics, you should definitely consult a doctor.
Be sure to adhere to the following rules:
- observe the intervals of intensive work and rest;
- optimal knee work time is 30-40 minutes per day, for 10-15 minutes in three approaches( we just will then give a method how to do three times a day );
- follow the movements: they must be smooth and slow, the amplitude should increase gradually;
- repeat each exercise 5-10 times;
- do not do it "through pain";
- after completing the gym, lie down for a few minutes, completely relaxed.
Warning! Some exercises are performed while kneeling. Take this position very carefully and carefully. Crawling on the knees of patients with arthrosis is strictly prohibited!
The first approach: the morning charge
In the morning, in order to warm up and get enough energy without even getting out of bed( that is, lying down), perform the following charging:
Pull your hands "up and back" behind your head, simultaneously pull the socks onyourself( to face).
Take a deep breath and use your hand to pull up and press one leg, bent at the knee, to the stomach. Exhale, do the same with the second leg.
Bend your legs in your lap, rest on your foot and stop lifting the pelvis.
The initial position of the exercise 3. Slowly straighten one leg while lifting it up. Repeat the second leg.
Pull your legs out. Sliding on the bed with the whole back of the foot, take it to the side as far as you can( think that there should be an angle of 90 ° between the legs).Repeat the motion with the second leg.
Raise your hands upwards perpendicular to the body, slowly lift one leg up, touch it with both palms and lower it. Repeat the second leg.
Carry out circular movements with both feet( bicycle) in 10-15 seconds. Turn over on your stomach, put your hands under your chin. Do not hold your breath, raise your straight legs up( just tear off the bed by 5 cm).
Someone may think these exercises are trivial and too simple, but they really help with arthrosis of the knee joint - try and see for yourself!
Be sure to rest between exercises. Important! In these pauses, a patient with arthrosis can not rest with bent knees, as this can contribute to the development of knee extension - flexion contracture - which is difficult to treat.
The second approach: Daytime gymnastics
In the afternoon, when you are already in order "diverged", it is appropriate to perform more active exercises:
Become straight, spread your legs a little. Slowly tilt forward, trying to reach forehead with knees. Knees do not bend. Bend should be until you are not hurt: through the strength of this exercise do not need to.
On a soft surface( ideally on a gymnastic mat, but you can also lay blankets on the floor), kneel down. Moving very slowly, sit down until you touch the buttocks of your heels.
Sit on the mat and pull out straight legs forward. Slowly bend down, trying to reach forehead with knees. If possible, grab your hands over your big toes and stay in this position for a few bills.
Lie on the mat with your belly, stretch your legs. Slowly bend first one leg, trying to touch the buttock with a heel, hold on to several accounts, and slowly lower it. Do the exercise with the second leg.
Walk on the spot for a few minutes, then take 2 steps forward, 2 backwards for 5 minutes.
Stand upright, with your hands you can hold on to the back of a chair or lean against a wall. Bend one leg in the knee so that the foot "looks" at the ceiling - you need to press the foot to the buttock. Make 10 rotational movements( at the knee) with the foot bent first clockwise and then counterclockwise. Repeat the exercise with the second leg.
The third approach: evening gymnastics
The starting position in all exercises of this block is sitting on the bed or sofa.
Feel free to lower your legs down, alternately slide along the floor stops from yourself and towards yourself.
Inhale deeply and simultaneously pull one knee to the chest, while exhaling, lower it. Repeat the second leg.
Straighten your legs, pull your socks on yourself.
Put a straight right foot on the couch, put the left on the floor freely. Straighten your hands in front of you, rest your hands on the knee joints. Perform spring-tilting, trying to "smooth" the palms of the joint.
Pull your legs out on the couch, tightly pressing the popliteal fossa to its surface. Strain the byrd, delaying for 20-30 seconds.
Carry your feet "scissors": reduce and straighten out straight legs.
Simple exercises that should become a habit
If you do not always get to stick to a strict gym schedule, then three effective exercises below will help to compensate. Although all movements are primitive, they are very useful for arthrosis of the knee joint. In addition, they are easy to perform almost anywhere and at any time. Your task is to make them your habit and do it as often as possible.
Sitting on a high chair, a table, a side of the sofa or an armchair, "chat" with your feet. This exercise is especially useful for office workers who spend a lot of time in a sitting position.
If you are sitting on a sofa or bed while watching movies or TV shows, this exercise is especially for you. Lie on your stomach( hands can be folded under your chin or rest on the couch with elbows - as comfortable) and just bend-unbend your legs in your lap. You can do this as long as you want.
When you stand in line, sort through the papers in your office or cook in the kitchen, from time to time you stand on your toes, in the up position you can linger for a few seconds.
Highlight 30-40 minutes of your time for therapeutic gymnastics, and after a while you will see positive changes. In most cases, your own laziness is the main factor interfering with establishing control over arthrosis of the knee joint. Defeat it - and the quality of your life will necessarily improve. And do not forget to consult a doctor before practicing physical education.
We recommend reading: arthrosis of the hip joint.
Therapeutic gymnastics and physical training with arthrosis of the knee joint
Therapeutic gymnastics with arthrosis of the knee joint is an effective way to treat this very unpleasant pathology. LFK underlies any scheme of treatment of the disease, at whatever stage of development it may be. In this issue, physicians have accumulated vast practical experience, and the developed methods provide the necessary efficiency.
An important condition for the correctness of the developed treatment program - therapeutic gymnastics for knee arthrosis should be individualized, taking into account the characteristics of the organism of the sick person. Accurate diagnosis of the stage of the disease and consideration of all factors is a guarantee that exercise therapy will become a real medicine for the patient.
The essence of the disease
Osteoarthritis of the knee joints, or gonarthrosis, is a degenerative disease that causes destruction of the cartilaginous tissue, joint deformity and impaired knee function. The initial lesion of the cartilage tissue originates at the molecular level with a subsequent change in the structure of the substance, which leads to clouding, thinning and delaminating the cartilage, as well as cracking it in different directions.
In the clinical picture of the development of the disease, three main stages are distinguished. At the first stage, small anomalies of hyaline cartilage are noted, while the joint retains its shape. In its cavity accumulates fluid penetrating the popliteal fossa with the possibility of the appearance of Baker's cyst. Pain syndrome manifests itself when walking and prolonged standing( especially noticeable when descending the stairs), but passes in a state of rest.
The second stage is characterized by a significant thinning of the cartilage, up to the complete disappearance of the napkin. Edge proliferation of bone tissue and narrowing of the cracks develop. Any movements are accompanied by a pain syndrome, and for its weakening a long rest is necessary.
The main signs of the third stage - the disappearance of cartilage in a significant area, obvious bone sclerosis, the appearance of numerous osteophytes, a strong narrowing of the joint space. Pain syndrome is expressed by increased intensity and does not pass at rest. There is a certain limitation of joint mobility, muscle hypotrophy in the thigh and lower leg, bone deformation begins. Changes in the gait and shape of the extremities are noted.
Reasons for gonarthrosis
The following main causes are distinguished in the etiology of the disease: hereditary predisposition laid down at the gene level;old knee injuries;overweight person, causing increased stress on the knee joint;excessive physical exertion;disturbance of metabolic processes as a result of certain diseases, leading to intra-articular deposition of crystals( eg, uric acid);the age factor associated with natural degenerative processes.
Treatment of pathology
Currently, completely can not cure gonarthrosis, but it is possible to stop the destruction of tissues and ensure the full capacity for work of the person, applying an integrated approach to treatment. The current treatment scheme includes the following directions: wearing special knee braces to relieve the stresses from the medial sites;the appointment of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;a diet designed to lose weight;Physiotherapy exercises, including a special set of exercises;reception of muscle relaxants;physiotherapy;The introduction of hyaluronic acid for the replacement of synovial fluid;use of chondroprotectors;prescribing drugs to normalize blood supply and improve blood rheology;PRP-technique, based on the introduction of the drug for the restoration of cartilaginous tissue;surgical treatment if necessary( arthroscopy and arthroplasty of the joint).The most important element of treatment are physical exercises with arthrosis of the knee joint, incl. Special exercises for the elderly with arthrosis.
Basic principles of exercise therapy
LFK in arthrosis is a physical exercise that helps to develop the affected joint, improve the motor function, strengthen the muscles and increase their tone. Charge should be performed according to an individual program, calculated for a long period of systematic treatment. The program should take into account the human condition, stage and phase of the disease;always draw attention to contraindications. In the period of remission exercises with arthrosis of the knee are performed more often, longer and with a greater load, and with exacerbation of the disease, the intensity is minimized.
The following basic principles are generally recognized: physical education should not cause pain;physical loads are initially assigned minimum in size and duration with increasing their intensity - the exercises begin with simple movements with gradual complication;Physical exercise with arthrosis should be regular( without prolonged interruptions).
General rules of
All the schemes of curative gymnastics include the basic rules that do not allow overloading and provide maximum efficiency, but under the main rule - do no harm:
- All movements are made smoothly, at a slowed pace, and their amplitude grows gradually.
- Exercises are conducted daily.
- The total duration of physical education during the day should not exceed 35-45 minutes with a separation of 3-4 periods in 10-15 minutes each.
- Rest after each session should be at least 4 hours.
- The number of repetitions of one exercise in the initial period( 12-14 days) is no more than 4-5 times with the subsequent increase to 6-10 times if necessary.
- Start the session with the relaxation of the leg muscles to improve the flow of blood.
- After each lesson, rest is provided - in a reclining position with relaxed elongated legs, slightly apart;bending of the legs in the knees or rest sitting is not recommended.
- Good consolidation of medical gymnastics - easy independent massage of the joint and the entire limb for 6-8 minutes.
Exercises of medical gymnastics
In LFK, gonarthrosis includes both very simple and more complex exercises, depending on the severity of joint damage.
They are carried out from a different starting position( IP): lying down, sitting and standing;and in the prone position on the bed there can be IP on the side, back or stomach.
Exercises in lying position. The most common exercises are exercises performed in the supine position on the back:
- PI: hands along the trunk;on inhalation, the arms are raised and withdrawn slightly backwards while bending the feet to themselves, exhaling to return to the FE.
- On inhalation, the knee is pulled to the abdomen with one hand on one leg, on exhalation - return to the FE;then the same exercise is performed with the other leg.
- The legs bend at the knees with the pelvis raised.
- PI: legs bent at the knees. First one leg goes up and down, then the same happens with the other leg.
- Spreading one straight leg to the side and returning;then the same with the other leg.
- PI: hands along the trunk;on inhalation both arms and leg rise, on exhalation - return to the FE.
- Repeats with the other leg.
- Exercise "Bike" for 12-15 seconds.
- Exercise "Scissors" with raised legs for 10-12 seconds.
In the supine position, the exercises are performed first on the left and then on the right:
- The lower leg is bent at the knee, and the upper leg is raised to a height of 25-30 cm.
- Alternate flexion of the legs in the knee joint.
- Sequential retraction of the leg back and forth.
In the prone position on the abdomen, the following exercises are recommended:
- IP: hands under the chin;alternately legs in a straight state rise.
- On inspiration, the head and upper body rises without detaching legs from the surface, on exhalation - return to the FE.
- Alternate flexion of the legs in the knee with the rise of the lower limb.
- Simulating swimmer movements when swimming with a crawl.
Exercises in a sitting position( sitting on a chair).It is possible to offer such exercises( IP - back straight, hands rest on a chair):
- «Shaking with the feet»: rapid alternating bending and extension of the legs in the knee.
- Alternately straighten the leg to the right angle with the fixation in the upper position for 2-3 seconds.
- Get up from a chair with a lift of hands and a quick return.
- Raise both legs at right angles and dilute them to the side.
Exercises in standing position are carried out using a support on the back of a chair or table. Most often the following movements are carried out:
- Hands embrace the back of the chair;The legs are alternately withdrawn as far as possible.
- IP: standing sideways to the chair, hands on the back;alternate flies straight leg forward and backward.
Exercises for the Hatha Yoga system. When gonarthrosis is recommended several exercises that are part of the Hatha Yoga exercises:
- IP: standing, feet shoulder width apart, arms lowered;inclination of the trunk with reaching the hands of the toes with a slight lowering of the trunk;breathing is even.
- FE: sitting on the knees, the body is vertical, arms are lowered;it is necessary to sit smoothly on the heels and stay in this state for 1.5-2 minutes.
- IP: sitting on the floor, legs straight;slow inclination without flexing of legs, duration of exercise - 1,5-2 minutes.
Physical exercises should be combined with outdoor walks, swimming, bath procedures, solarium, and also combined with physiotherapy procedures and therapeutic massage. Be healthy!
Joint gymnastics for the hip, knee, shoulder, elbow and other joints
Many people with musculoskeletal problems have the question what is it - articulation, which is often recommended by doctors. The so-called complex of physical exercises, focused on restoring mobility in the joints and improving their work. It is attractive that they can be performed by people of all ages and complexions.IMPORTANT TO KNOW!Doctors are dumbfounded! The pain in the joints is FOREVER!Just before bedtime. .. Read on - & gt;
Indications and rules for the implementation of
Joint exercises are used to treat a variety of diseases of the musculoskeletal system, and its rehabilitation, including gymnastics after hip surgery. During its execution, blood flow, metabolic processes, joint mobility and muscle stretch are accelerated.
It is also applicable as a preventive agent against such ailments as rheumatism, osteochondrosis, arthritis and arthrosis. This charging is used even for newborns .For example, the gymnastics presented in video for hip dysplasia will be an excellent help in its treatment.
All exercises are performed slowly, as if sliding, with a gradual increase in the amplitude of movements. Do each of them need 5 to 15 times - the load is always selected individually.
Complexes of exercises
Complex of articulate gymnastics develops flexibility, makes the figure beautiful and strong. It gives the necessary muscle load, strengthens the ligaments, and besides, removes excess fat deposits. But first of all, of course, the set of therapeutic exercises develops and strengthens joints, frees them from excess salts. On the video: joint exercises - exercises for the most problematic groups of joints.
Complex of exercises for shoulder joints
Pain of various origin in the shoulder is common - this is both a temporary overload and serious problems with the musculoskeletal system. In any of these cases, therapeutic exercises for the shoulder joint are necessary.
As the basic exercises it is advisable to use the following:
- raise your hands up and pull them out;
- drag one or the other hand upwards;
- turn the case in different directions;
- make circular motions with shoulders;
- raise your hands and tilt them back, grasping your elbows with your palms;
- turn your left hand to the right and vice versa;
- elbows connect in front of the chest, place the brushes on the shoulders and twist them;
- take the weights and lift the limbs to shoulder level;
- hands connect at the level: chest, face, overhead - and push them against each other.
Complex of exercises for the joints of the hands
Gymnastics for the joints of the hands - one of the most mobile parts of the body, will have a healing effect for many people. After all, using the upper limbs, the day-to-day work is carried out, and therefore they are fundamentally kept healthy.
To this end, exercises are used:
- clench fists, bend and unbend them in the wrist joint;
- with one hand grasp the other and turn it to the sides, and then up and down;
- put one brush on another on a hard surface and with effort lift the bottom of them;
- set the elbows on the table, and, pushing them apart, connect and lower the brushes;
- putting his palms on the table, move your fingers downwards;
- actively compress your fingers from the top;
- make a "lock" and spread hands in opposite directions;
- touch the thumb of others from the index finger to the little finger and vice versa;
- press the palm on the small ball.
Complex of exercises for hip joints
The hip joint takes a huge load, provides movement and maintains balance. Therefore even small complications with it can cause a lot of trouble and seriously worsen the quality of life.
On the presented video - therapeutic gymnastics for the hip joint:
- sit on the back, press your legs to chest and lower to the floor;
- make a circular rotation with the foot in the hip joint;
- bend your foot in the knee, cupping the foot with your palm;
- pull the toe of the raised leg to the face;
- place the right heel on the left knee;
- then turn the lower limb to the side and straighten it;
- the right hip to the left.
The gymnastics is useful after endoprosthesis of the hip joint to restore its motor activity. But in this case it is important to start gradually, with the easiest exercises.
Complex of exercises for knee joints
The knee is one of the most complex and vulnerable structures of the human body, which often suffers from various ailments. They should be treated on time, as , the limitation of leg mobility is a very painful sensation of .
On video - gymnastics for the knee joints, to the main exercises which include the following:
- lie down and pull your arms up, and your legs down;
- heels alternately stretch downwards;
- raise the leg and point the sock on and off;
- make a "bike";
- bend your knees, spreading them and connecting again;
- the knee is pressed to the stomach, the back is rounded and the forehead is pulled to the knee;
- place your feet wider than your shoulders and alternately lower your knees inwards;
- put the ball between the knees and squeeze it;
- turn to the side, lift the leg and pull up the sock;
- take the sitting position, and, connecting the feet, raise and lower the knees.
A curative gymnastics is widely used after endoprosthetics of the knee joint - replacing damaged areas with artificial prostheses. It will help a person to rehabilitate and return to an active lifestyle after 3 to 4 months after the operation.
Any medical gymnastics for sostavovimet a number of contraindications, to the paramount of them are acute infectious and oncological diseases. In addition, it can not be done with severe malformations of the nervous system, acute disorders of cerebral circulation and heart failure. It should be used only after consultation with a doctor with epilepsy and urolithiasis.
Musculo-articular exercises are shown not only for the treatment of complex diseases of the musculoskeletal system, but also as their prevention. After all, for its apparent ease lies a significant result - the body becomes light, and the mood is remarkable. Although its contraindications include non-common pathologies, it is always necessary for the to coordinate a set of exercises with a specialist.