Why there is a crunch and pain in the knee and how to cope with it
The crunch and knee pain can not appear for no reason. Extraneous sounds when bending or unbending the knee joint, as a rule, indicate the development of a disease. To prevent negative consequences or serious complications, one should establish the cause of the appearance of unpleasant sensations. After this, it is necessary to start treating the crunch in the knee joint in a timely manner. If you do not consult a doctor on time, soon a person can develop arthrosis, and in some situations, more dangerous diseases. If knee-bones crunch and pain occurs, immediately go to the trauma doctor. The question arises: why knees crunch? The reasons can be very diverse, but the main prerequisite is a violation of the nutrition process in the tissues of the cartilage. You should not discount the excess weight of a person and his genetic predisposition, which is hereditary. It is necessary to take into account endocrine diseases and viral infections. The joints of people who have crossed the fifty-year boundary are beginning to change. That's why you need to pay attention to such symptoms:
- knee pain;
- crunched at the knee when flexing.
These are signs of changes in cartilage tissue, they can signal the appearance of the disease "gonarthrosis."So, what are the causes of the appearance of pain and crunch and what to do in such situations?
Causes of crunch and pain in the knee
The reasons for the appearance of painful sensations and unpleasant sound when moving knee joints can be quite a lot.
- Lifting weights creates a heavy load on your knees. This causes not only pain, but also a crunch.
- A large number of spicy and salty foods in the diet.
- Uncomfortable shoes, high-heeled shoes can also cause the appearance of characteristic pain in the knee joints.
- Big weight presses on the legs, because of what the knees crunch.
- People who lead a sedentary lifestyle, when flexing and unbending the joints of the legs, there is pain and characteristic cracking.
There are times when the knee crunches solely at high physical exertion. This means that you need to give the joint a break. An excellent solution in such situations can be either a sauna or a bath with hot water. These relaxation methods will help to relax the muscles and promote increased blood circulation in the joint.
To determine why the knee is aching, only an experienced doctor can. He will give advice on how to heal and what actions to avoid, so that the development of the disease does not lead to complications and deposition of salts.
What diseases crack the joints
Artoz and arthritis - the causes of the crunch in the knee
What diseases can cause crunch when moving the knee?
- All kinds of arthritis.
- Osteoarthritis of the knee joint.
- Sclerosis of soft articular tissues. Calcium deposition in the knee.
It happens that the crunch and pain accompany a person all the time. This indicates the presence in the body of serious problems with internal organs. Especially if the pain increases, redness and swelling occur, the temperature rises. As a rule, this is how arthritis begins to manifest itself.
If the joint is gradually deformed or specific bone growths appear, it may signal the development of gonarthrosis. Especially if these symptoms are accompanied by a general weakening of the body, a feeling of fatigue. The progression of the disease can lead to complete immobility of the knee.
One of the causes of discomfort and pain in the knees may be meniscopathy, that is, cartilage damage. Symptoms of ailment are a sharp pain and a strong knee crunch, which is often caused by a previous trauma. In this case, the development of an inflammatory process is possible.
If crunched in the knee, then the question of what to do, there is only one answer. Immediately begin treatment, especially if surgery is required. This is the only way to ensure fast and effective disposal of the joint with a minimum of cost.
Elimination of unpleasant symptoms
Before proceeding to treatment of unpleasant sensations, it is necessary to find out what disease causes them. This also applies to a symptom such as a crunch in the knee when the leg is bent. If you engage in self-medication at home, this can lead not only to the limitation of movement, but also to disability.
If there is a distinct click in the knee, which is very painful, you can talk about the violation of joint surface joints. The method of treatment is a fine correction performed by an experienced doctor. The pain and crunch, which publishes the knee when bending, are the "first swallows" of arthrosis and arthritis. These diseases develop as a result of metabolic disorders. Treatment is carried out in a conservative way, medically, with the use of special ointments.
What should a man do that has pain and a knee start crackling? The first step is to reduce the load. The second step is to see a doctor. The doctor will conduct a survey, determine the violation and the reasons for which the knee hurts and snaps.
When knee aches, therapeutic gymnastics can be useful. But when choosing exercises, be careful. It is necessary to avoid loads on the damaged joint. Doing exercises, you need to listen to your body. If the knee is ill, stop immediately. It must be remembered that when bending or squatting, there is a risk of harming the sick organ. Therefore, the calculation of physical exertion should only deal with a doctor.
If the pain in the knee is accompanied by inflammation, non-steroidal medications are prescribed: diclofenac, ibuprofen. They will remove the inflammatory process and pain. If the inflammation is neglected, injections of hormonal drugs are prescribed. Chondroprotectors are used in the destruction of cartilage tissue, when the knee is very sore. These drugs are restored, but only partially, damaged cartilage tissue. Expect the effect of treatment will be long enough.
When knees ache during flexion, additional methods of treatment are used. These include:
- wearing a bandage.
As one of the methods of treatment for joint pains, special diets are used. If the disease is started and the knee does not stop, surgical intervention is required.
Prevention of pain and crunch in the knees
Diseases that result in the knee hurting when bending or moving are caused by an incorrect lifestyle. Large weight and lack of activity are factors in the development of joint pathologies. The pain says that the load should be reasonable. Weight reduction of the patient allows to relieve the knees and ease the pain.
For normal nutrition of the cartilage tissue the joint must move. If a person has a sedentary job, then one should do light gymnastics once per hour. Sports loads agreed with the doctor will not be contraindicated. When there is pain in the knees, it is recommended to practice aqua aerobics, yoga, swimming. It should be noted that the development of arthrosis can be stopped at the initial stage due to regular training in physiotherapy.
You do not need to reassure yourself that the pain and crunch in the knee - a common phenomenon in the appearance of which there is nothing terrible. If these symptoms occur regularly, this is a serious reason to visit a doctor. Appeal to a specialist should be timely.
You should never engage in self-medication and listen to advice of folk medicine men, grandmothers at the entrance, in which "it was the same."So you can just skip the precious time, and the treatment will drag on for months. In this case, you have to spend a lot more nerves and money.
Why crunch is heard in the knees when bending and squatsThe knee joint is the largest in the human body.
It is formed by three bones: the femur, the tibia and the knee cap. The ends of the bones, like any joints, are covered with cartilaginous tissue. Its thickness is about 5 cm, which is sufficient to minimize the friction of bones against each other.
Cartilage has a dense consistency, which is necessary for shock absorption during walking.
Joint also forms intraarticular cartilages: lateral and medial plate-pads, consisting of cartilaginous and fibrous tissues. Their function is to ensure the proportionality of the articulating surfaces.
Inside the joint there is a thick mass - synovial fluid. It is necessary to prevent wear of the joint, as it lubricates and nourishes its surface. The form of the knee joint is block-rotational.
The joint can move in the frontal( with flexion and extension) and vertical( rotation of the tibia in a bent position) planes.
The joint itself, the tendons and muscles are surrounded by three articular bursa bags, in which there is liquid. They are necessary to facilitate the work of the joint.
The main functions of the knee joint are: movement in space and preservation of the human body in a standing position.Perhaps you will also be interested to know why crunches the spine and how dangerous it is for health.
If you and or your loved ones are diagnosed with vertebrogenic lumbagia, this is not an excuse to despair and let the disease run its course. The methods of traditional medicine will permanently relieve you of back pain.
As evidenced by crunch in the knee joint
When the joint moves, the joints move or stretch. The joints may crack or make other sounds.The appearance of a crunch indicates that the cartilaginous tissue that is present inside the joint began to deteriorate.
This may indicate the onset of any diseases of the musculoskeletal system. Sometimes the clicks in the knee are physiological in nature and can last for several years.
This includes cavitation, pathological displacement of the patella and touching the bunches of bone protrusions.
What are the unpleasant sounds?
The appearance of a crunch in the knee joint can occur for a number of reasons. It can be various diseases, large physical exertion and other factors.
Diseases that cause clicks in the knee:
- calcium deposits;
- sclerotization of soft tissues.
Also crunching in the knees when flexing and when squatting can cause:
- high load on the knee, lifting heavy objects;
- high heel and other uncomfortable shoes( heel more than 4 cm);
- sedentary or sedentary lifestyle;
- abuse of sharp, salty foods and sweets.
To help understand the main cause that causes this unpleasant phenomenon, a trauma doctor will help.
The main predisposing factors include :
- age changes( reduction of body reserves, gradual wear - aging, chronic diseases);
- great physical exertion, especially in athletes( microtraumas of the joint, chronic diseases of ligaments and cartilage of the knee);
- Osteoporosis is a decrease in calcium levels, which is more common in women who are over 40 years old or in people with impaired calcium metabolism;
- congenital malformation of the knee joint structure, flat feet, different length of lower limbs;
- advanced chronic diseases, old injuries, non-compliance with recommendations in the recovery period after previous knee injuries.
Features of crunching at extension-flexion and walking
When flexing-extension, crunches can occur for several reasons.
This may be the onset of an inflammatory process or a dystrophic change. With arthrosis, such changes begin with cartilage, which becomes turbid and loses its elasticity. At the same time, its surface is erased, and in some places compacted. When bending, a crunch appears, which is amplified as a result of the breakdown of the lubricant.
The main reason why knees crunch when squatting is lifting the weight that gives the load to the legs. The heavy weight also gives a load on the knees, which leads to the appearance of a crunch.Sluggishness and constant sitting in one position leads to the fact that the legs swell. All this is hard to tolerate when you get up. Staying in the same position and its abrupt change also leads to a crunch and clicks. Also it can be the use of salt and various spices, sweet, which provokes deposits in the joints of the knee.
And if there is pain, we can talk about hidden signs of polyarthritis, rheumatism, polyarthrosis and other diseases of the musculoskeletal system.Therefore, if the knee crunches when bending, immediately consult a doctor!
Excess weight is the main cause of creaking of the knees during walking. It is difficult for the knees to withstand such a load. Gradually, this can lead to complete wear of the knee joints.
What should I do if my knees crack?
When you crunch, experts recommend:
- Vesti active lifestyle , engage in physical education with the inclusion of simple exercises and small loads. It is very useful to perform exercises "bicycle", "scissors", which strengthen not only the bone system.
- exercises with aqua aerobics have a positive effect, as the load on the legs is significantly reduced. Exercises strengthen muscles and joints.
- Balanced nutrition is an important part of joint health. It is recommended to increase the number of products containing calcium. It is required to drink more mineral still water.
- If there is a crunch in the knees due to excess weight, you should include more fruits and vegetables in the diet, and reduce weight.
From folk remedies to reduce unpleasant sounds and sensations in the knee, the following recipes are recommended:
- Compress from a mixture of citrus juice and vegetable oil in a 1: 5 ratio. The mixture is applied to the gauze pad and applied to the sore spot for 1 hour. After the procedure, you need to do a massage, wrap it in a warm scarf. Do better before going to bed.
- Ointments based on snake or bee venom, which are rubbed with massage movements.
If arthritis or arthrosis causes a problem
If a diagnosis of arthrosis or arthritis and a knee-bend crack causes pain, doctors prescribe anti-inflammatory and antihistaminemedication.
Locally prescribed ointment warming effect, containing bee venom.
In rheumatism treatment is aimed at reducing inflammation and pain, as well as maintaining the functioning of the joint and the patient's performance.
In case of hormonal failures, especially for women during menopause, the crunch is treated with hormone replacement therapy. The cause of the ailment is a decrease in the female sex hormones of estrogens. An endocrinologist prescribes treatment.
Prevention and Complications
It is better to take care of your health before knees are sore and prevent the appearance of creaking in knee joints with the help of preventive measures.
The main methods of prevention include:
- daily gymnastics( exercises "bicycle", "scissors");
- physiotherapy procedures( electrophoresis, UHF heating, ultrasound, magnetotherapy);
- rubbing and massage with therapeutic ointments, dimexide;
- compresses based on milk and wheat bran( The mixture is applied to the knees, covered with a film, wrapped in a warm scarf, washed off and smeared with a nutritious cream after 30 minutes);
- try not to overcool the joints;
- before going to bed to reduce the tension in the joint is recommended to make warm baths.
To avoid complications, such as joint limitation, the appearance of various leg diseases, you should go to the doctor as soon as possible. Self-medication can not be done, otherwise the disease will be started.
From the timely begun treatment of inflammatory diseases and injuries, further health and mobility of the knee joint depends.
What you need to do when knees crunch
Knees are a weak part of a person's body that is prone to various diseases. From the ailments associated with the knee joints suffer both adults and very young children. Quite often patients ask the doctors a question: if knees crunch, what should I do?
The knee joint can bend and unbend. In this case, all movements are performed silently. If a person's knees crunch, it's worth considering whether this is a signal about the presence of any problems in the body.
Physiological and pathological causes of the phenomenon
The crunch in the knee joint is physiological and pathological in nature. For a physiological type, a sound like a cod is characteristic. The crunch in the knees occurs both with active movements and with passive( for example, when flexing or straightening the leg or fingers).There are the following alleged causes of the physiological crunch in the knees.
- The ligament apparatus with motor activity concerns the protruding part of the bones. The crunch sounds dull and is most often heard in the shoulder, wrist joints.
- With active actions, the surfaces of two contiguous bones move relative to each other, resulting in a negative pressure. In the synovial fluid, special bubbles, consisting of a vacuum, begin to form. Consequently, a crunchy sound is a vacuum cotton.
- Gap failure in the joint cavity or sprain of the ligamentous apparatus. A crunch in the knee structures due to these causes is rare.
In a diseased joint, the cartilaginous tissue
is practically destroyed. A crunch in the knee joint can occur due to some pathology. Often, it is heard with the repetition of certain motor acts, in the presence of pain or the absence of a refractory period. The cause of pathological crunch is a violation when the joint surfaces touch. This disorder can be observed in diseases that affect the cartilage of the knee joint and alter their structure. Examples of such diseases include arthritis, osteoarthritis.
Specific factors of crunching
Common causes of soreness and crunch are inflammatory processes that are localized in the periarticular tissue, or any traumatic injury. Examples are inflammation affecting knee bags( bursitis), affecting the tendon of the knee muscles( tendinitis), as well as meniscus injuries( separation, fracture).
Diseases of an inflammatory nature have the following symptoms:
- creaking when moving with the knee;
- increase in local temperature;
- decreased motor activity.
If the patient has signs of this symptomatology, it is necessary to immediately seek advice from a rheumatologist or therapist. A crunch in the knee joint can have other specific factors of its origin. They affect the body not directly, but worsen the nutrition and functioning of the organs. Such factors are:
- excess weight;
- weighed down by heredity;
- disorders in the endocrine system: diabetes mellitus and other similar diseases;
- old age;
- viral infections( they can act as a trigger factor for inflammation of the joint);
- irrational food: eating salted foods, overly sweet foods;
- heavy load on the knee joints;
- diseases, which are accompanied by the deposition of mineral salts in the joint tissue, for example, gout, chronic kidney disease.
What should I do if the crunch is caused by an injury? In this case, you need to consult a traumatologist and a surgeon. The doctor will conduct an examination, prescribe an examination and treatment.
How to get rid of crunching in the joint
How to get rid of the crunch in the knee joints? First of all, you need to consult a doctor and understand what is the reason for the appearance of the crunch. If this is a great physical load on the joint, then it is necessary to reduce it for a while. Knees will rest and the crunch will decrease significantly. To rest joints, it is recommended to lie down in a hot bath. Heat treatment procedures relieve muscle strain, increase blood circulation.
Treat the crunch only after examination and consultation of a specialist. The most common diseases are arthritis and arthrosis of the knee joints. These ailments lead to the appearance of degenerative changes in the cartilaginous tissue, deformation of the joints. Medical treatment for arthritis is aimed at restoring the cartilage and maintaining its structure. What if the knee joint has already deformed? Treatment in this case can only be rapid: endoprosthetics are being replaced.
When the arthritis progresses, the doctor prescribes medication:
- ointments and tablets that have an anti-inflammatory effect;
If the joints crack because of the large body weight of a person, it is recommended to adhere to a strict diet. Before you can exclude certain foods from the diet, you should consult a nutritionist. An important element is the use of physiotherapy exercises. All exercises should be selected by the attending physician. The essence of exercise therapy is to strengthen the muscle mass on the legs and reduce the load on the knees. A specialist can recommend swimming and exercise in the water.Is it possible and how to get rid of the crunch in popular ways? Such treatment should be carried out in conjunction with a doctor-appointed therapy. There are a number of known means for fighting pain. The most effective among them are the following.
- Gelatin. In the evening, pour 5 g of substance 1 glass of water. In the morning, add another 50 ml of water to the prepared mixture. Mix well. Take on an empty stomach.
- Eucalyptus oil, which can be purchased at a pharmacy. When crunching, soreness and inflammation in the knee joint compresses are applied.
- Compress from cabbage leaf. The sheet is applied to the affected joint, fixed with a bandage and a scarf.
Treatment with folk remedies does not replace basic medical measures. This therapy is only concomitant.
How to cure a crunch in the knee joints
A crunch in any of the joints is common and at first glance nothing significant.
In fact, such a crunch is a prerequisite for the development of various diseases, for example, arthrosis of the knee joint or arthritis, so do not ignore it.
Why can crunch the knee joint
The reasons for the crunch are numerous and diverse, we will single out the main ones:
- low physical activity
- kidney disease, usually this kidney failure
Joint crunch can ultimately lead to the development of the inflammatory process.
Adverse symptoms in the case of joint crunches
As a rule, the knee joint starts crunching during squats or tilting. If you notice this phenomenon in your life - sharpen your attention and the condition of the skin in the area of the knee joint. If the skin is dry and rough - this is a worrying sign. It's safe to say that your body is experiencing an acute lack of vitamins. In addition, the likelihood of deposition of salts is high.
Sometimes it happens that the knees are constantly swelling towards the evening in case of stress on them throughout the day. This means that your muscles are weakened, and the cartilage of the joint gradually becomes thinner and loses its elasticity.
Symptoms of joint problems can also occur in the occurrence of sudden acute pain during ascent or descent of stairs.
Treating crunch knee joints with traditional medicine
First of all, include in your schedule a regular visit to the sauna and yoga. Dry and hot steam in the sauna will benefit your knee joint, and yoga will not only cure the sick joint, but also will have a beneficial effect on the general condition of the body.
Traditional medicine can also offer a variety of procedures aimed at eliminating the symptoms and consequences of a crunch in the knee joint. Below are some of these procedures.
Treatment with wheat bran and milk
- take a small amount of wheat bran
- fill them with a small amount of milk so that the bran can absorb all the milk and the mass is thick
- the mass is applied to the problem joint
- then cover it with parchment or special compress paper on top, then wrap up the placecompress with a warm scarf or
- handkerchief this mixture should be left on your knee for one hour
- after this period, wash off the mass of bran and milk with warm water and spread the knee with a fat cream
Therapeutic compress of vegetable oil and juice
- take five spoons of vegetable oil
- add to it a tablespoon of orange juice or lemon
- carefully mix the ingredients of
- into the received mass, dip the multi-folded bandage
- when it is impregnated with the mixture, put it on the problem knee
- this compress leave for one hour
- an hour later remove the bandage and wrap the joint with a warm scarf for the night
Therapeutic bath in case of problems with the knee joint is nothingie different from the usual bathing. Just immerse yourself in warm water and lie around 15-20 minutes. After this procedure, thoroughly rub the knee joint, and then rub into it a nourishing cream.
- take a liter of water
- dissolve in it one tablespoon of
- soda in the resulting solution, moisten the napkin, and then put it on the knee and leave for 15-20 minutes
- then remove the napkin, and knee joint grease with a fat cream, preferably withvitamin A
- cream can be replaced with any warm vegetable oil
- such a compress should be done daily for seven days before going to bed
Physiotherapy exercises for a crunchy knee joint
Therapeutic exercise requires reulyarnyh classes. Therefore it is very important to give her time every day.
In the morning, immediately after awakening, without getting out of bed, do the exercise "scissors" and "bike".It will be enough to do only 8-10 mahs.
Also, without getting out of bed, bend one leg in the knee and press it to the chest, then straighten the leg. Repeat this 5 times, then change your foot to the other.
Sit on a chair, put your hands on your knees and quickly shake knee joints for 20 seconds.
The next exercise is again with a chair. Hands lean on the edge of the chair, then slightly lean back and lift your legs above the floor, then straighten them in your lap and do the exercise "bike".It is enough to make 8-10 mahov.
Sticking to the back of the chair, do 10 sit-ups, while for 1-2 seconds freeze in a sitting position.
Still holding on to the back of the chair, make 6 circular knee movements in the direction to the right and left. During this exercise, your knees should be slightly bent and closed.
Why do my knees hurt? How to treat and what is the reason?
For the free and active movement of the body in space meet the joints of the lower limbs of man. Therefore, the appearance of even minor problems in the legs leads to a tangible loss of mobility.
More than half of all joint diseases occur on the knees as one of the largest joint joints, which withstand the load of the entire human body.
The main causes of knee pain
All diseases in which the knees hurt can be divided into several groups, depending on the prevailing mechanism of joint damage:
- Inflammatory processes in the joint( arthritis) and periarticular bag( bursitis).In arthritis, knee joints increase in size, crunch when bent. The general state of health worsens, the body temperature rises. Bursitis is characterized by the presence of a round protrusion in the region of the joint, which is a fluid accumulation. The cause of inflammatory diseases lies in the penetration of infection into the joint( through wounds, cuts, foci of internal infection).
- Degenerative joint damage - arthrosis. At the same time for a long time there is a gradual destruction of the internal articular surfaces, excessive proliferation of bone tissue. Since the load on the knee continues to exist, the destroyed joint does not have time to recover and is destroyed even more. Arthrosis is characterized by starting pains, i.e. in the morning or after prolonged rest, knees ache during bending and walking. Soreness occurs after squats or other load on the joint. Patients with arthrosis of the knee joints in advanced stages note difficulties in ascending and descending from the stairs, the appearance of soreness even in a state of rest.
- Traumatic consequences - intraarticular fractures, bruises, dislocations and sprains. For any type of joint injury, it is advisable to consult a specialist who decides what to do-to immobilize the joint or, conversely, to give it a functional load.
Causes of knee joint pain in pregnant women
Pain in the knees during pregnancy is explained by the sharply increased load on the joints of the lower limbs due to weight gain due to the uterus, fetus and amniotic fluid. In addition, in the last trimester, many have abnormal fluid retention( swelling) and weight gain, which also creates excessive pressure on the legs and hampers the normal functioning of the knee joints.
In the last weeks of pregnancy and in the process of childbirth, there is a powerful production of relaxation substances, softening articular ligaments. Due to relaxants, the ligaments of pelvic joints are primarily stretched, but it is possible to influence other joints, including knee joints.
For all these conditions, pregnant women suffer from knee pain even in a state of rest and at night. Within a few weeks after childbirth, the woman gets excess water out of the body, the production of relaxins stops, the weight decreases, so the unpleasant sensations in the knees pass.
Causes of pain when practicing sports
When running and practicing sport on foot( volleyball, tennis, football), the knee feels much heavier than when walking. The fluid produced in the joint for its normal operation does not have time to form in sufficient quantity, and therefore the friction of the joint surfaces increases.
In the presence of knee injuries in the past, joint degradation under the influence of playing sports can quickly progress. If after the training( especially after running or jumping) there is pain in the knee joint, this does not mean that you have to give up sports altogether. Just need to revise the load options on your knees and replace the sport or set of exercises for a more gentle for the feet.
Causes of knee pain in children
The most common cause of pain in the knee joints in a child are injuries that result from excessive physical activity. Contusions can be suspected by the appearance of the knee - on the skin bruises and abrasions, swelling on the side of the impact.
If the child complains that the knee is hurting, infectious arthritis should be excluded, which usually occurs some time after an exacerbation of another bacterial( angina, otitis, bronchitis) or a viral infection. With this arthritis, the joint looks red, swollen, the general condition of the child worsens - the body temperature rises, lethargy, drowsiness appear.
Another cause of knee arthritis in children may be autoimmune arthritis( rheumatoid arthritis).In this case, in addition to the knees, the child will be included in the inflammatory process and elbows, as well as small finger joints. This type of arthritis is characterized by the "volatility" of the lesion - within a short time the inflammation passes from one joint to the other.
Treatment and prevention of knee pain
The knee should be treated by a specialist who will find out after the examination why the knee is aching and how to treat this case. The treatment of pain in the knee joints is intended to reduce inflammatory and degenerative processes. For this purpose, all patients with knee pathology are recommended:
- to limit the physical load on the joint( including giving up weight lifting, walking on the stairs);women are advised not to wear heels, because due to incorrect redistribution of body weight, pressure on the joints increases. In some cases( complex dislocations), it is required to completely immobilize the knee with the help of longi or gypsum;
- undergo a course of chondroprotectors - preparations containing the substances necessary for the structure of the joints( chondroitin-sulfate and glucosamine).Chondroprotectors are prescribed for oral administration in the form of tablets, as well as externally in ointments and gels. In hospital conditions, it is also possible to administer these substances directly to the knee joint;
- use anesthetic, anti-inflammatory( corticosteroid hormones and non-steroid drugs) and antibacterial agents;
- outside the stage of exacerbation undergo a course of physiotherapeutic procedures( mud applications, ultrasound and electrophoresis treatment);
- to load the affected joint correctly - with the help of exercises of therapeutic gymnastics. One of the best such exercises is a "bicycle" - in the supine position simulate the course of the bicycle pedals.
- in extremely neglected degenerative processes in the joint, surgical knee replacement is preferred.
Treatment of joints with folk remedies
In addition to traditional methods for treating patients with knees, folk remedies are also effective in many cases:
Lotions with ammonia-camphor solution
Half a glass of ammonia( 10% solution) mixed with 10 g of camphor alcohol, add 1l of salted water( this requires 1 tablespoon salt per liter), shaken until the precipitate disappears. Warm the solution to a warm temperature in a water bath, moisten the gauze in it and attach it to the diseased knee. Top with polyethylene wrap. Hold for up to half an hour, 2-3 times a day.
Compress with cabbage leaf
Cut off a fresh cabbage leaf with a hammer, sprinkle lightly with salt to allow the cabbage to drain the juice. Apply to the knees for several hours, fixing with a bandage. Another variant of this compress is to apply a thin layer of honey to the cabbage leaf, otherwise the procedure is the same.
Tincture of sabelnik
100 g of dry stems to infuse for 3 weeks per 1 liter of vodka. Take inside for half an hour before a meal of 1 tbsp.l., diluted in 50 ml of water. Tincture can be rubbed into a diseased knee or make of it lotions.
Ointment from beeswax
A piece of wax the size of a matchbox, yolk and honey( 1 tbsp) All mixed in a water bath, with a tampon applied to a sick joint for the night.
Folk methods, like gymnastics, must necessarily be coordinated with the attending physician, because by ignorance a person can easily harm himself( for example, when using beekeeping products in a patient with allergic diseases or when trying to develop a joint with a dislocation).
Prevention of diseases of the knee joints is aimed at preventing infection in them( timely treatment of chronic inflammatory foci), reducing the load( combating excess weight, wearing fixative bandages) and strengthening the ligamentous apparatus of the joint and bones( gymnastics, swimming, cycling, eatingin the food of foods rich in calcium).
Remember that a good and timely treatment of knees, as well as the prevention of injuries and relapses of joint diseases will keep active mobility for years to come.
crunches knee joints, how to treat
If you are walking, squatting or tilting your knees and sometimes creaking, then pay attention to the skin in the knee area.
The first sign of trouble is dry and rough skin. This is a sign of vitamin deficiency and salt deposition. When walking, the knees may crunch or creak a little. In this case, a doctor's consultation is necessary.
Because with time the knees can get sore, swelling by the evening, if you spend the whole day on your feet. Hence, your muscles have weakened, and the articular cartilage loses its former elasticity and becomes thinner. Sometimes on the stairs during descent or while climbing you are overtaken by a brief sharp pain. Your knees are asking for help!
Usually, to relieve tension in the muscles, return the mobility to the joints affected by the day, it is enough to visit the sauna and dry hot steam will do its job. But if your knees already signal you with a crunch or a click, then they need even more attention and care. In such cases, there are many folk methods of treatment, simple but effective at these stages of deviations in health:
Applications. A handful of wheat bran dilute with fresh milk to a consistency and attach to the knees. Cover with compress or parchment paper, tie a warm scarf. After an hour, rinse with warm water, brush the knee with a nutritious cream.
Compresses: Mix five spoons of any vegetable oil with a tablespoon of lemon or orange juice. Saturate the resulting mixture of a bandage, folded in several layers, put on your knees. After an hour, remove the compress, and tie a warm scarf on all night.
Baths: if you have to stand on your feet all day, walk a lot, take a warm bath in the evening before going to bed. After the bath, rub your knees and grease with any fat cream.
Lotion on the knee: dissolve in 1 liter of water 1 tablespoon of soda. Moisten the cotton napkin and apply to your knees for 15-20 minutes. Then blot the knee and grease with any fat cream with vitamin A or warmed vegetable oil: sunflower, olive or corn. Do this every day at night for a week.
If you do not want to have problems with your knees later, you can not do without physical training. A few simple exercises can be done anywhere during the day. The main thing is to do it regularly.
Physical culture lying: in the morning after sleep do not rush to jump to your feet. Lying in bed, do 8-10 times the exercises "scissors", "bicycle".
Bend the right leg in the knee, pull it 4-5 times to the chest, repeat the same with the left foot.
Sit on a chair, put your hands on your knees and shake your knees energetically, counting to 20.
Place your hands on the edge of the chair, lean back slightly, tear your legs off the floor, straighten them in your lap, and then make the bike, sitting, count to ten.
In the standing position: hold on to the back of the chair, sit down 10 times, lingering for one two seconds in the sitting position.
Leaning behind the back of the chair or holding on to the wall, make closed and slightly bent knees in 6 circular movements to the right or left.http: //zdravclub.ru
Crunch in the knees - treatment and reasons.
First you need an orthopedist to look at the x-ray images of your knees.