Not everyone knows that alcoholism has several stages of development. In current medicine, three main stages are distinguished: the first, the second and the third. Each of them has characteristic features.
Treatment of the first stage of alcoholism
The treatment process is carried out at home under the supervision of an expert in narcology, sometimes, it may be necessary to withdraw from drinking-bout( for more details see http://alcomedicus.ru).Close relatives of the patient take part in the treatment of alcoholism. To conduct treatment of the first stage of the disease, it is necessary to conduct a test for the presence of:
- Liver diseases. Gastritis and stomach ulcers.
- Vegeto-vascular dystonia.
- Early symptoms of hepatitis.
- Nervous disorders.
Signs of the first stage of alcoholism
At this stage, changes in pathological character are observed. Alcohol has not yet managed to harm mental and physical health. The patient does not have any difficulties with work or socializing with close people. But if a person is hinted at the onset of the disease, he will categorically begin to deny everything. The main signs of the first stage of alcoholism are usually attributed:
- The appearance of tolerance for dosage. The patient can drink at least a little, but at the same time he adequately reacts to the situation.
- Disappearance of the emetic reflex. If, shortly before habituation, alcohol caused nausea and bouts of vomiting, in this situation a person can drink how much he can.
- Drinking alcohol more often. When there are no unpleasant consequences after taking alcohol, it seems that you can not limit yourself in anything. The patient begins to think that the body has already adapted to alcohol and nothing threatens him.
- Change in the nature of intoxication. Normally it is believed that when taking the first sips of the drink, there is a relaxation of the muscular structures. But in the first stage, everything happens quite the contrary. The patient has increased activity.
- Dips in memory. This symptom is extremely rare. But it says that the patient is already overtaking the second stage, and further will only get worse.
- Development of mental dependence. The craving for alcohol is not only when a person is already a little drunk, but also when he is sober. Attraction pursues him constantly.
- The need for drinking for any reason. The patient regularly looks for an excuse for drinking.
- Change of value system. A healthy person always has goals and plans. He realizes when you should not drink alcohol. But when the patient develops addiction, he is ready to spit on everything, just to take a little alcohol.