Do orthopedic insoles help with transverse and longitudinal flat feet?
Orthopedic insoles are used for flat feet and other foot diseases. They represent a certain modified insole, intended for the gradual correction of various violations in the structure of the foot, as well as the maintenance of its arches.
Special insoles have now been widely used both for the treatment of longitudinal and transverse flatfoot. It should be noted that different types of such insoles are used only for various pathologies of the foot, "preventive"( which are sometimes offered in stores) can not be in principle, they are not intended for prevention. Therefore, they really need a man only if he has a flat foot.
To understand if orthopedic insoles help with flatfoot, you need to understand what they are.
What are the insoles for flatfoot treatment?
Orthopedic insoles for the treatment of flatfoot
All the insole proposed for the treatment of flatfoot have approximately the same structure. Usually in such an insole put the instep in the area of the inward arch of the foot, the rift zone is raised, a depression is made in the heel area and a metatarsal pillow is placed in the region of the transverse arch. In this case, the front part of the insole( the so-called "knuckle") does not take part in the correction, so in some cases it is removed( half-stem is obtained).
One of the most important elements in this insole is the "wedges".They make it possible to change the angle of the foot with respect to the surface. So, for example, with a flat-valgus flat-foot shape, the heel is turned outward with respect to the axis of the entire leg. To correct the situation, a "wedge" is placed under the heel, the thickening of which will be directed toward the inside of the foot, so that the heel when walking will take the correct position. To eliminate flattening of the longitudinal arch, the usual orthopedic insole has at once two wedges - one located under the heel, and the second - under the front part of the foot. The efficiency of the insole is influenced both by the position of the wedges and their height.
Disadvantages of the "standard"
With flat feet, a person can "buy a special insole in a pharmacy to" simplify one's life "and not fool with the order of special shoes. But this solution is not optimal, even if you bought the most expensive and best of the proposed insoles. The fact that orthopedic insoles should be made by specialists for a specific patient, taking into account the peculiarities of the structure of his foot. Only in this case they will be effective enough.
"Standard" insole can be used to treat flat feet in children of early school age. Special softened insoles for diabetics may also be helpful. It should be noted that such insoles are slightly different from the usual orthopedic, used for flat feet - they are soft pads made of synthetic tissue and filled with gel. When walking, the gel takes the form of a foot, ensuring an even distribution of the load, protecting the foot from scuffs, and soft rollers at the same time support the arches of the foot. Such insoles assume protection of the foot from abrasions, calluses and other injuries, but they will not help with flat feet.
How is the orthopedic insole manufactured?
There is a mass of manufacturing techniques for orthopedic insoles with flat feet, often the technology used determines their price. But practically all the prospective technologies consist of 4 stages:
- diagnostics and formulation of the formulation;
- base fabrication;
- fitting and delivery of ready-made insoles to the patient;
- correction during operation.
Diagnosis is carried out by an orthopedic doctor, and it is up to him to compose the formula. After that, a plaster cast of the foot is made, along which the orthopedic insole will be made. In some cases a computer image is used instead of a snapshot, but this "advancement" of technologies does not have additional advantages. The key is the extent to which the recipe was correctly selected and how accurately it is implemented in the structure and shape of the insole. The insole can be made of different materials, the choice is wide - from skin to polymers.
If you read reviews on the use of orthopedic insoles with flat feet, then we can conclude that the best material is the familiar to all the natural skin. In the process of walking, it can itself be formed on the foot, while the entire lifetime will remain in shape. Wedges and a substrate are usually made of expanded polyethylene, which is strong enough and safe.
What can be drawn from this conclusion?
So, considering the features of the structure of the orthopedic insole, we can conclude that it is designed to optimally distribute the load, while eliminating the defects of the foot. Due to the correct distribution of the load, a person can walk freely, without fatigue and pain, and other joints will be protected from wear.
If we talk only about treatment, then the orthopedic insole can not completely correct the pathology that appeared in an adult human. Well, when treating a child, such an insole is more "warning" in nature, not giving progress to the disease, only to a small extent producing correction.
Orthopedic insoles for transverse flatfoot: prices and reviews in the online store medi expert
With this type of disease, the arch of the anterior( transverse) arch of the foot decreases or completely disappears, and the mass of the body during the movement affects the metatarsal bones, and notdistributed over the area of the entire foot.
Signs of the disease
- pain when walking( especially on heels),
- fast fatigue, heaviness in the legs, edema,
- the front part of the foot becomes wider than usual, it is difficult to wear habitual shoes,
- increased wear of shoes.
- infringement in the formation of the arches of the foot in childhood,
- weakness of the muscles and ligaments of the foot and lower leg,
- no load or excessive static loads( sedentary work or, conversely, the need to spend all day on the legs),
- great physical activity and sports injuries,
Transverse flatfoot often appears in women who like to walk in narrow shoes with high heels. In this case, the main load falls precisely on the transverse arch of the foot, which causes its deformation.
It is important to diagnose flatfoot as early as possible, as it can provoke the development of varicose veins and arthrosis of the foot joints. Some researchers believe that various deformations of the fingers( hammer-shaped, clawlike, halux valgus, etc.) are also associated with it.
Why is it necessary to buy orthopedic insoles for transverse flat feet in children?
Age under 12 years are decisive in the treatment and prevention of disease. In the future, curing flat feet conservative methods is almost impossible.
The role of insoles in the treatment of transverse flatfoot
The insole supports the vaults, fixes the foot in the correct position, and also promotes the correct distribution of the load. They allow to optimize the disturbed step biomechanics. Thus, stability increases, it is easier to maintain balance, gait becomes more confident and easy.
Assortment of orthopedic insoles for transverse arch and inserts in shoes
- Corrective insoles medi foot and Bergal are thin, comfortable products with vault-supporting elements and a cover made of genuine leather. They are designed for various types of shoes: enhanced comfort, classic model( including heel), sports. Female and male models are produced.
- individual insoles igli - for children and adults. Removable "postings" and thermoplastic polymer base allow to give to the insole a form corresponding to the anatomical structure of the foot of a single patient. At the same time, they are resistant to wear, suitable for people weighing up to 120 kg. Covering insole igli Business silver, containing silver threads, prevents the appearance of an unpleasant smell.
- Pellets and linings( gel and silicone) are small elastic liners in the shoes that unload the transverse arch of the foot. Suitable for high-heeled shoes.
Where to buy insets and insoles for transverse flat feet at a bargain price?
Make an order in the online store medi-salon.ru. Here you will find orthopedic products from leading German manufacturers, as well as comfortable shoes.
In addition, in orthopedic salons medi you can not only buy insoles and inserts, but also pass a free foot diagnosis.
Orthopedic footwear and insoles
How to choose orthopedic insoles for transverse flatfoot( for children and adults)
Easy beautiful gait, no problems with legs and spine, tireless activity during the day - in all this an important role is played by the idealhealth of feet, timely prevention of flat feet and its treatment. To eliminate the problems associated with flatfoot, and to prevent them, special insoles have been created that can be inserted into any footwear and used for various deformities of the foot. We will tell you how to choose orthopedic insoles for flat feet in each specific case and how to use them properly.
When orthopedic insoles are needed
Nuisance to the feet often manifests as rapid fatigue, swelling and pain in the lower leg and in the foot. Most often they are associated with deformation of the foot, with its incorrect position during walking or with heavy loads. Correctly selected orthopedic insoles can partially or completely eliminate such complexities as in diagnosed platypodia, and in a wide range of other cases.
Flat-footed "simple" - this is the curvature of the arches of the foot, which serve as the natural shock absorbers of the human body.
This can occur in the following cases:
- In case of congenital flattening of the foot,
- For musculoskeletal disorders( rachis and paralytic platypodia),
- After the trauma,
- In old age, when the ligaments and muscles supporting the "vaulted shock absorbers ",
- In case of prolonged exposure to heavy loads:
- with active sports,
- in pregnant women and people with a large body mass,
- in those whose profession involves walking andwhether the standing position is more than 4 hours a day,
- when wearing shoes with a heel height of more than 4 - 5 cm, etc.
This is basically the so-called "longitudinal" flatfoot, which pulls the "profile" of the foot to the ground, increasing the load on the rest of its parts and on the spine. But no less dangerous is the "transverse" flattening of the arch, which is manifested by the burrs, the expansion of the foot and the appearance of the bulging bone of the thumb. With transverse flatfoot, we do not go to doctors, but suffer no less than in standard medical situations.
The disappearance of natural foot protection can be replaced by a special device - an orthopedic insole, which will perform the function of "spring".For adults, it will exclude surgery and ease the burden on the legs, and children's orthopedic insoles are designed to adjust the structure of the baby's leg before it grows, and any changes will be impossible.
Insole with orthopedic effect can help not only with pronounced flat feet, but also prevent it. They are used when wearing shoes with a high heel or without a heel, as well as when getting too heavy loads on your feet in professional or other activities.
What they are
Orthopedic insoles come in different sizes and devices - they are selected according to the patient's foot problems and what is the purpose of their use. At the same time, it is now quite possible to find similar devices for both closed and open summer shoes for adults, children and the elderly.
Materials and structures
The basic material of the insole can be plastic, latex, leather, cork and other materials. Their main difference - the presence or absence of a rigid framework - divides the products into 2 groups that have different purposes:
- Solid wireframe - thinner insoles, used by people with a constant load on their feet( who is worth a lot or walks during the day) and experiences great fatigue without pain;
- Soft are intended for use in cases of joint diseases, during pregnancy, strong weight gain and exercise.
At the moment, several different types of orthopedic insoles are produced, which are created taking into account a specific problem or existing deformation:
1. Complete insoles , used for diagnosed platypodia:
- longitudinal - when the longitudinal line of the arch of the foot arises,
- transverse -at transverse flat feet,
- longitudinal-transverse - to help with combined deformities.
2. Half-stemped insteps , having reduced by one quarter of the full insole dimensions - for use in open shoes and with complexities of placing the full sample( shoe size reduction due to the liner, case of deformation of the toe part of the foot).
3. The heel pads are recommended with heel spurs, different limb lengths and spine diseases that require shifting the load to other areas of the support system. In the latter case, the insole can be canceled upon recovery.
4. Inserts-pelota are offered for unloading a specific part of the foot - in the presence of treads or their prevention, in particular when wearing high-heeled shoes.
Complete insoles, semi-insole, heel pads and pelvis inserts
Many manufacturers can offer orthopedic products that are seasonally oriented - the most optimal options for summer, winter and demi-season shoes.
Parameters of choice
Of course, the question of which orthopedic insoles is better for you, should be decided based on their specific purpose. Therefore, before buying, you must first determine your diagnosis, best with the help of a qualified specialist - a doctor.
In addition, you must consider the following:
- The products you buy should fit perfectly into the shoes - do not "hang out" and do not deform,
- Correctly made insoles must be at least three-layered,
- For calcaneal spurs, full or shortened insoles are used, always equipped with latex orgel heel pad 3-10 mm thick,
- For children up to 7-8 years old orthopedic insoles can be found in the pharmacy, but for older age it is better to make them to order.
Specialized products for correcting or alleviating the problems of the musculoskeletal system, like tablets, with incorrect selection can only bring harm. Do not engage in self-medication - how to choose orthopedic insoles for you or a child, should be decided only by the attending physician.
Orthopedic insoles cost from 500 rubles to 6 thousand or more, it depends on the type, size and brand:
- Children's products will cost about 2 thousand rubles for individual order and 600-900 rubles for the purchase of the finished product inpharmacy,
- Supplement with strengthened arch support increases the price of orthopedic insoles by 1-1,5 thousand rubles,
- Full adult insoles - from 2,5 to 3 thousand,
- Items on order with individual parts - up to 4 - 6-thousand.
Orthopedic insoles can relieve you of an existing disease or prevent it when the first symptoms appear. We hope that our small tips will help you with this.
Biomechanics call the ability of the foot to perform certain movements, and also withstand loads, the number of which is determined by the shape and position of the vaults. For example, the transverse arch can be normally wide and narrow. A wide arch is capable of withstanding increased loads, and the shape of the foot resembles a square. A narrow foot is more suitable for dancing( ballet).
The longitudinal arch can be high and low. High - indispensable for sports, and flat - for long hiking. Normally, when walking, the load first falls on the heel, then moves to the toe, and then repelled with the thumb. If there is a flattening of the arches, the consequence of this process is a flatfoot, which leads to a violation of the damping properties of the foot.
Intended use of insoles
Before selecting insoles from flat feet, you need to know what they are for. The theme of orthopedic corrective insoles in the light of advertising is surrounded by prejudices and delusions. So, orthopedic correctors help restore the natural biomechanics of the feet and return their functions.
Therefore, only the doctor can recommend wearing insoles, following the following steps.
- Inspection of the patient and diagnosis of the type of flatfoot, which takes into account the natural biomechanics.
- Individual production of the main components or selection from pre-fabricated models. Manufacturing is carried out on a cast, footprint or computer image.
- Fitting the finished product and issuing it.
- Correction in use( quality insole can last from 2 years or more).
All orthopedic insoles for flatfoot consist of the following parts:
- arch support( at the location of the longitudinal arch);
- cavity in the calcaneus;
- flat( metatarsal) pillow in the area of the toe;
- wedges( additional accessories), with which the correction of insoles is made. There are two( external and internal) wedges for the anterior and posterior parts of the foot;
- foot area( elevated area).
In some cases, such devices do not have a front part( metatarsal pillow), which is called a semi-stem.
Features of selection
Treatment of transverse flatfoot without using orthopedic insoles is difficult to conduct. They are a necessary stage of treatment, and their uniqueness is achieved by diagnosing the shape of flatfoot or the degree of deformation of the foot. There are indications in which these correctors are used.
- All types of platypodia in adults.
- Flat feet in young children.
- Valgus deformity( joints and feet).
- Valgus deformation of the thumb. Flat-foot insole: how to make the right choice?
Flattening is a serious disease, consisting in flattening the arches of the feet. As a result of these changes there are such unpleasant phenomena as pain in the feet, ankles and legs. In addition, the spine may suffer, pain in the lumbar region occurs. A very important place in the correction of flat feet is occupied by special orthopedic footwear and insole from flat feet.
Orthopedic insole for flatfoot correction
Orthopedic insoles, or orthoses, are reinforced inserts that are used to support the arch of the foot. Insole flat feet perform the following functions:
- improve blood circulation in the foot tissues;
- improve stability during walking and standing;
- reduces the load on the hip, knee and ankle joints;
- prevent the development of pathological changes in the musculoskeletal system( osteochondrosis, osteoarthrosis of the joints of the lower extremities, etc.);
- reduces pain and fatigue in the lower limbs.
Thanks to the correctly selected insoles, the load is distributed correctly to the foot.
How to choose the right orthopedic insoles?
How to get rid of flatfoot or at least stop its progression, as well as reduce the manifestations, you will be explained by an orthopedic doctor in full consultation. After the necessary examination, the specialist will make appropriate recommendations regarding orthopedic footwear and insoles. At present, orthopedic insoles are made of polymer materials or natural leather. Leather insole is the best option. In the process of wearing such insoles for a long time do not wear out and get the most optimal shape. Silicone insole has the advantage of its flexibility, due to which they can be adjusted to the individual characteristics of the foot. But they also have disadvantages - low elasticity and rapid wear, relatively high weight. This leads to rapid fatigue of the legs while walking. Insole made for different purposes have approximately the same components:
- instep, which is modeled in the projection of the inner arch;
- groove in the heel area;
- metatarsal pad in the region of the transverse arch.
The technology of manufacturing orthopedic insoles from flat feet consists of the following stages:
- diagnosis of flat feet and formulation of insoles;
- manufacturing of the base of insoles and its structural elements;
- direct fitting and delivery of the product;
- correction of insoles in use.
Orthopedic insoles are best made by plaster cast of foot, but also by fingerprint or computer image. Structural elements of insoles are made of safe and durable materials, for example, made of foam polyethylene. The average lifespan of the insoles for flat feet is 2 years, but they usually last much longer.
Correction of insoles
In the process of corrective therapy, there is often a need to change the design of the product. For example, you have to lift the metatarsal support or change the overflow zone. Instructions for correcting the shape of the insoles are given by the attending physician. In this case, the shape of the insoles and the material will depend directly on the shape and degree of flatfoot. Thus, which orthopedic insoles are preferred for example in transverse flatfoot and how to choose a special shoe, the orthopedic doctor will tell the patient. In the case of transverse flatfoot with a varus deformity of the anterior part of the foot( it is rotated by the first bone of the metatarsus upwards), insoles with an external wedge under the anterior section and a metatarsal pad are assigned. With a significant degree of flatfoot, when the deformation of the foot is fixed, the metatarsal pad is raised gradually, so that a good effect is achieved. Approximately in 10-12 months new insoles are made, taking into account the achieved correction.
Shoe selection for flatfoot
With flatfoot it is necessary to pay special attention to the choice of shoes. Properly selected shoes will help slow the progression of the disease and reduce discomfort. But shoes with high heels and not corresponding to the shape of the foot will only exacerbate the deformity and may even provoke complications of flatfoot. In short, because of what shoes to wear when flat feet, the further course of the disease depends.
Important: if you have an early stage of flatfoot development, you can do just comfortable shoes made from high-quality natural materials. But at 2 and especially 3 stages of the disease will almost all the time wearing orthopedic shoes to avoid complications.
What to focus on when choosing shoes:
- is the best material for shoes - genuine leather, it's good if the sole is also leather;
- requires the presence of a small heel, which will help to evenly distribute the load, in children at least one third of the sole should be a heel height of about 0.5-1 cm;
- for prevention of valgus deformity of the thumb is important to choose shoes with a wide nose;
- shoes should not have an unpleasant odor or stain;
- during fitting shoes should not rub the skin or press fingers and heels;
- should choose shoes on a flexible sole, which easily bends when walking and does not cause unnecessary strain on the muscles.
One of the most important properties of good shoes is comfort. Quality and comfortable shoes can last a long time and will help cope with unpleasant sensations in the feet after a long working day. These criteria are suitable not only for people with early signs of flatfoot, but also as a preventive measure of the disease. With obvious symptoms of the disease, ordinary comfortable footwear can not be dispensed with. In such cases, the orthopedic doctor appoints special shoes, based on the results of the examination.
Attention: It should be remembered that even a short but regular wearing of shoes with high heels, and even more so on stilettos, many times increases the risk of flat feet in women. A similar effect on the function and shape of the foot is provided by shoes on the platform.
Orthopedic footwear with flat feet in adults and children of older age is made individually, taking into account the anatomical features of the foot, the type and the degree of flatfoot. For example, with a flat-footed foot with the deviation of the thumb to the outside of the foot, the shoes should have a high and hard back and a wide nose. In young children, orthopedic shoes that are standardly manufactured are sometimes used. If necessary, simultaneously use orthopedic insoles. Special footwear performs the following functions:
- corrects small foot deformities and compensates for its shortening,
- expands the support area,
- reduces the load on the painful foot sections,
- masks external defects,
- is the "ultimate support" for walking.
Most fully fulfilling its purpose shoes custom-made for the plaster cast of the foot. Currently, you can order a pretty beautiful orthopedic shoes, which in appearance almost does not differ from conventional models.
Important: if you have a longitudinal or transverse flatfoot, then the treatment and orthopedic insoles can be properly prescribed only by a specialist. You can not try to diagnose yourself and self-medicate yourself. Untimely and incorrect therapy can lead to disastrous consequences. In advanced cases, even have to perform a surgical procedure.
Flat-footedness is not such a harmless disease. It can lead to a rapid wear of all elements of the musculoskeletal system, including the spine. Therefore, we can not neglect the treatment of flatfoot. Sometimes it's better to abandon a beautiful model, but narrow and uncomfortable, high-heeled shoes to avoid serious consequences of the disease in the future.