Why does the back ache after massage
The effect of massage on our body can not be overestimated. It is used for:
- Normalization of muscle balance, metabolic processes and nervous activity
- Restoration of joints, ligaments and tendons
- Improvement of the functioning of the circulatory and lymphatic systems
- Skin regeneration
- General improvement of the body
But those who wait for the immediate effect of this procedure, sometimesare disappointed and complain that they have a backache after a massage. Why does this happen?
Back pain after massage may occur for reasons of unsuitable type of massage, inexperience of masseur, presence of exacerbation and other reasons
Causes of back pain after massage
Assumptions about this may be as follows:
- You may have chosen an unsuitable type of procedure for you, forgettingthat it should strictly correspond to each specific case of
- The specialist who conducted the session is not a professional, and he massaged the restricted areas of the
- . This is quite a normal reaction, which is always the caseafter the first session
- Massage was performed during the period of exacerbation of the pain syndrome, which could lead to even greater pain
- You forgot that you have contraindications for carrying out similar procedures
There is a suspicion that each of these items can be the basis for the appearance of painafter the session. However, we will develop the topic further.
Types of massage
The main types of massage for the back are three, although because of all kinds of subspecies, separately allocated to suit various subjective views, there are more of them.
- Relaxing ( classic version )
It can be done by
- after strenuous physical work
- after sport training
- to eliminate areas of increased muscle tension in scoliosis, osteochondrosis, other diseases
- with increased nervous excitability, stress
Such massage is done by
- For the reduction of relaxed muscles in scoliosis( usually, muscles from the concavity of the curving arc)
- With chronic tired syndromedepression, and psycho-emotional depression
- To stimulate muscular atony and dystrophy
- For preparatory purposes before training or competition
- For weight loss
- To improve internal metabolism, circulation and lymphatic flow velocity
- Acupuncture ( related to ):
Pathwaymassaging of local points are eliminated diseases of internal organs
Basically it is produced in chronic muscular dysFunctions caused :
- DCF in the spine( not to be confused with the accident) - dystrophic degenerative processes
- Offset joints
- congenital dysplasia
effect is achieved massaging trigger points of pain.
Pain after a massage in the back can be caused by muscular , nervous or by vegetative reflexes
Exposure of different types of massage on the back
Let us study these types of massage procedures by their impact on the reflex activity of these three systems.
- Relaxing massage by its nature can not cause pain :
- All techniques are performed by smooth, soft surface movements
- No deep or point stimulation is produced
After a relaxing massage, back pain should not beAfter this relaxing procedure you should be exclusivelypleasant sensations:
- Feeling of warmth and relaxation in the body
- Peace and quiet, good mood
If you are after a relaxing massage for some reasonexperience positive feelings and emotions, and your back hurts, it means that the session has been carried out properly.
Perhaps the second assumption about inexperience of the masseur is true.
Toning massage leads the muscles into a working state, that is, the tone of the .In the working muscle there is the formation of lactic acid, which causes pain.
This is really a normal muscle reaction after a toning procedure, which usually goes through two or three sessions: lactic acid under the influence of active massage techniques leaves the muscles, entering the blood
If the time passes and the pain does not go away or even intensifies, stop the sessions immediately:something is done wrong :
- toning techniques applied to the contracted muscles
- was massaged in the area of the inflamed nerve, etc.
For example, a specialist in this field should be leading a massage in scoliosis, since both relaxing and toning techniques for different muscle groups are used in this disease.
During one session, depending on its purposes, various techniques can also be used, for example:
- Initially, they begin with general relaxation in the form of stroking
- . Then, stimulate certain muscular zones, rubbing, mowing, squeezing, in order to cause a rush of blood, improve metabolism,
- ends with relaxing techniques, or, if you need to maintain muscle tone, supplement the session with intermittent vibration techniques: slaps, tweaks, etc.
- Acupressure can be painful, since it stimulates active points, but if it is done correctly, after the procedure, painshould decrease
Acupressure can be a painful procedure, but after the session the pain should decrease
If this does not happen, it suggests:
- Incorrectly defined trigger glasses, leading to an increase in muscle spasm
- Vegetative disorders due masseur errors entangled in the atlas of acupuncture points
Acupressure conducted a charlatan, a follower Ostap Bender - this is the best of the existing evil. These guys bribe their patients with new-fangled words, but in fact, knowing nothing, they only harm their health, resulting in:
- Progress of DDD
- Deepening of scoliosis bends
- Articular displacements and other pathologies, for the sake of eliminating which actually everything was started
Therefore beextremely careful in choosing a specialist of non-traditional types of massage
In what cases can not massage
Massage not performed:
- During exacerbation of chronic processes :
- muscle spasm may further increase
- careless rubbing or kneading can aggravate or cause radicular syndrome
- With dorsal hernia large size
- exit of herd sequestration into spinal canal .
If you decide to still massage with a hernia, it should be done gently without pressing on the area of the hernia
- . On the itself, the vertebral column and the surfaces located opposite the of the important organs :
of the heart, kidneys, abdominal organs
Ifsome homebrew special, actively, crunches your spine, stating that in this way you can get rid of salt deposits, run away from it. After such a procedure, pain will be guaranteed, and in general it can lead to disability.
Massage should be performed in the near-vertebral region without touching the vertebrae itself
Massage should never be done with the following contraindications :
- open wounds, ulcers, bleeding
- injuries( bruises, fractures, tears)
- purulent infectious processes
- osteomyelitis,bone tuberculosis, venereal diseases
- of oncological diseases of the spine
- exacerbation of mental diseases
- last trimester of pregnancy
to the choice of massage carefully, doing it from the competent expert, not ignoring contraindications, you can avoid the pain
Why have a headache after a massage?
Massage is one of the methods of treating various diseases. But sometimes it has unpleasant consequences - after the massage the head hurts. Headache can occur after a back and neck massage, which is prescribed and performed to relieve pain and spasm in the muscles, or for the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis. Massage is a physical effect on the spine, in the appointment of this procedure, it is necessary to take into account its effect on the body as a whole.
Causes of cephalalgia
The back and neck are naturally associated with the spine, which consists of 35 vertebrae. Violation of the structure of the spine( displacement, nerve clench, curvature) affects overall health. The cervical spine is very vulnerable, due to the weakness of the muscular corset and the features of the structure of the cervical vertebrae. Their close location, even with minor loads, can lead to their displacement, which helps squeeze nerves and vessels. If during the massage the area of the vertebrae on the neck is strongly squeezed, they can shift and thereby cause severe headaches.
Headache after a massage session may have a number of reasons:
- is an unsuitable massage technique for a particular person;
- is not a professional massage performance;
- incorrect position of the head during the procedure;
- compression of the vertebral artery;
- deformation of the canal of the vertebral artery.
In the collar zone there is a large artery, through which blood and oxygen are delivered to the brain, if the massage has been done incorrectly, this artery is squeezed and as a result there is a headache. Massage the collar leads to stimulation of the collar zone, and the blood begins to flow in excess. That's why after a massage, your head can hurt.
As a rule, people with unstable arterial pressure: low or high, tend to headache. Therefore, this fact should be taken into account both during the massage and before its appointment. The way out of this situation can be the correction of technology, namely massage is better done in the direction from the head, to prevent the flow of blood into the head in large volumes.
Regardless of the reasons for the appearance of pain, this situation does not fall into the category of normal, normal after the massage there should be no unpleasant sensations. In order to avoid painful manifestations after the session, it is necessary to correct the treatment tactics.
How to get rid of a headache after
massage Headache can be accompanied by increased blood pressure, adrenaline production increases, and the pulse becomes rapid. Such a state can negatively affect the work of the cardiovascular system, and therefore measures are required to eliminate it. One of the ways to get rid of the headache is the use of pain medications, they are able to quickly remove acute attacks. You can take such drugs as "Analgin" and "Citramon", given that:
- there are no blood diseases;
- there are no kidney and liver diseases;
- person does not suffer from bronchial asthma;
- there is no stomach ulcer.
In addition, the beginning of the headache can be removed with the help of medications such as: "MIG 400", "Ketanov", "Calfagin", "Ibuprofen", "No-spa", "Spazmalgon".All medicines must be prescribed by a doctor after consultation. In some cases, you can do without the use of medications, and use a cold compress on your head and rest, it will help cope with a headache.
Thus, it is necessary to perform massage very carefully, especially in the area of the collar zone. All movements should be smooth and neat.
In case of recurring headaches after the session, it is recommended to take a break for a while or completely to abandon this procedure, selecting other ways of treating certain diseases.
Did you go to a doctor or a cosmetologist for a procedure and felt that after a massage your back hurts? Do not worry, try first to understand the causes of pain.
Back massage is one of the most pleasant and demanded procedures. Thanks to a good massage you can relax, recharge, eliminate tension and pain in muscles, strengthen and improve the whole body. Correctly done massage is of great use to the body, some people need it. To get good results, you need 8-12 sessions.
Benefits of back massage:
- normalizes the nervous system, metabolism and muscle structure are established;
- improves circulation of blood and lymphatic system;
- resumed damaged tissues, tendons and ligaments;
- improves skin regeneration;
- the work of the whole human body is getting better.
But there are cases when, as it seems to us, after the massage the back hurts. What could be the reason for this condition? Can massage do harm?
It all depends on the time of onset and the nature of the pain syndrome. The fact is that not every person is suitable for this or that kind of massage.
It is not uncommon for a person with a sick spine to succumb to advertising and do the procedure in the massage chair of a shopping center without consulting a specialist beforehand, or purchase a massage simulator for home use. If the pain in the spine has occurred immediately or after 2-3 hours after the massage, you should immediately consult a doctor. If after the massage the back muscles are hurt, then you need to understand what caused this condition.
Causes of muscle pain in the back after massage
The main reasons are:
- Wrong choice of back massage procedure, as for each individual case there should be a different kind of massage. For example, if you need a relaxing look, and you came to a point stimulating procedure, then there is very little chance that after it you will relax and get the desired effect.
- The procedure was performed during the exacerbation phase, and the massage further excited the affected tissue. Do not massage the back portions where the nerve endings are inflamed. This will only aggravate the condition.
- The massage procedure is contraindicated for you. Especially if you have chronic diseases, you need a specialist consultation that will give the right recommendations. Usually, if it was forbidden to perform the procedure, back pain comes in a few hours.
- Unprofessional masseur. We can not always determine who is before us: a qualified specialist or an inexperienced amateur. As a rule, pain with an incorrect massage begins after 1-2 hours.
- Back pain after the first and second procedures. If the loin hurts, the muscles of the back, the neck the next day after the first or second session, this is quite normal reaction of the body. It is not necessary to sound the alarm.
Why do my back muscles hurt the day after the massage?
If you have never done a therapeutic massage or do it irregularly, the muscles after it should be sore. Massage can be compared to training in the gym. Even if it seems to you that you are perfectly healthy, this can not be said about your muscles. Without regular exercise and massage procedures, the muscles of the back and the whole body become weaker, the metabolic processes of the muscles, the circulation of blood, accumulate, and a large number of metabolic products accumulate. As a result, we get unpleasant sensations and pains in the back. Often the pain syndrome passes into a chronic form and a disease like osteochondrosis.
After the first massage, circulation and blood flow to the tissue cells increase. Muscles that have not been used for a long time, get a huge load. It happens when a person begins to exercise, due to a heavy load on the muscles. As a result of metabolic processes, lactic acid begins to accumulate in them, which causes pain syndrome. Exchange processes in the body are most active at night, which is why muscles after the massage and exercise hurt most often in the morning.
As a rule, pain is felt 2-3 days after the performed procedures. Pain after other sessions can be associated with the work of the masseur and your general condition( both muscles and the body as a whole).
It is recommended to start with gentle procedures, gradually moving to a more intensive massage.
Some masseurs advocate a powerful effect on the back. This method is not always justified, because each organism is unique and requires an individual approach.
When is it better to refrain from a massage so as not to cause pain?
- Massage is not recommended when a patient has a large dorsal hernia. If a person still does not want to abandon the procedure, massage should be done only by an experienced master. You can not touch the area where the hernia is located.
- When chronic processes in muscles become aggravated. Massage can lead to increased pain or cause a neurological( radicular) syndrome. Radicular syndrome manifests itself in different places: when the lower back, neck or whole back hurts, limbs and even the area of internal organs are troubled.
- You can not actively massage the spine directly and massage against important organs: the heart, abdominal organs, kidneys. In the case when the masseur assiduously tries to fix each vertebra to you, it is better to refuse such a massage, as this can cause pain in the spine.
The main contraindications to massage:
- infectious diseases in the period of exacerbation;
- bruises, fractures, dislocations, open wounds and bleeding;
- chronic osteomyelitis;
Back massage: types, indications, contraindications
One of the most popular health procedures in the world is back massage. It allows not only to remove the pain in the tense muscles, but also to regulate the work of many organs and systems. The back occupies a considerable part of the body surface, therefore it is through it that the hands of the masseur are the easiest to contact the human body.
Back massage: indications
Back massage is useful to everyone, but some are simply necessary. Here are the main indications for back massage.
1. Back pain. Perhaps, this is the reason in most cases pushes people to find a qualified masseur. Back pain starts to torment the person if his muscles are strained from fatigue. It is also possible to pinch roots of the spinal cord. In this case, there is a sharp pain that does not allow a person to move normally, and sometimes simply "binds" him to the bed.
2. Increased nervous excitability. Back massage is an excellent sedative. Sometimes it helps better than the next sedative from the nearest pharmacy.
3. Chronic fatigue syndrome .This syndrome follows people who are engaged in intellectual work and at the same time neglect physical exertion. Constant mental overexertion leads to a weakening of the tone of the whole organism. A good back massage works well to relieve fatigue.
4. Decreased immunity. Frequent colds are the main sign of reduced immunity. One of the ways to restore the defenses of the body is back massage.
5. Muscular hypotension .This is a condition of decreased muscle tone. They become sluggish and weak. The causes of this pathology are very diverse and often not determined. Back massage allows you to maintain muscle tone. It becomes a good addition to drug treatment.
6. Scoliosis. Curvature of the spine often leads to a stable hypertonia of the back muscles. Constant muscle tension can cause back pain or migraine. Massage in scoliosis relaxes the muscles of the back and eliminates the symptoms of scoliosis.
7. Cellulite .This disease occurs due to a violation of blood circulation in the skin. Special anti-cellulite back massage improves blood flow in tissues and reduces the appearance of cellulite.
8. Decreased skin elasticity .With age, the skin becomes less smooth, elastic and elastic. Back massage allows you to slow the aging process of the skin. Strengthening the blood flow, it promotes its normal nutrition.
9. Osteochondrosis. Defeating vertebral discs, this disease causes limitation of mobility and back pain. Massage does not treat osteochondrosis, but relieves pain, tension in the muscles and thereby facilitates the human condition.
Types of back massage
Back massage can be different. Everything depends on the goal that we want to achieve with the help of massage.
1. Relaxing back massage is used to prevent various diseases. It relieves muscle tension, strengthens health, gives man strength and energy. After several sessions, relaxing massage improves the skin condition, normalizes blood flow, increases immunity. This is a classic back massage, which is used most often. Depending on the massage technique, it can have both a soothing and stimulating effect on the central nervous system.
2. Back massage , as you might guess from the name, is used to treat or eliminate the symptoms of various diseases. In most cases, these are diseases of the musculoskeletal system, but not always. Therapeutic back massage helps to eliminate swelling in cardiovascular diseases, it is indicated for congestion in the lungs or bronchial tubes. Sometimes a back massage is used to rehabilitate patients with gastritis or peptic ulcer.
3. Sports back and neck massage can be training, preliminary or restorative. Training massage is used to ensure that the athlete is not injured during training, has avoided overwork and normally has been carrying loads. Preliminary back massage is used before the competition to introduce the athlete to the desired state. It increases endurance and normalizes thermoregulation processes. Preliminary massage can be both soothing and stimulating. Restorative massage is applied after the competition to remove mental and physical stress.
4. Reflexive back massage .It is carried out to improve the work of internal organs. By influencing special points on the back, the masseuse can affect the brain and spinal cord, abdominal or thoracic cavities, vessels and the peripheral nervous system. This massage not only speeds up the recovery of patients, but also has a pronounced analgesic effect.
Pain after massage
Even if you attended massage courses or watched an appropriate video, a back massage you will never be able to do yourself. Therefore, trust your masseur and do not rush to argue with him if you have a backache after the massage. This is absolutely normal. This often happens, especially if the massage is curative.
But after a relaxing massage you should not be sick. On the contrary, after it you should feel twice as young, healthier and more beautiful.
Experienced doctors say that if after a massage your back hurts is a favorable prognostic sign. This means that the muscles began to work, they accumulated lactic acid, which caused pain. People who feel pain after a massage, recover faster.
Back massage: contraindications
Unfortunately, not everyone can use back massage to improve their health. Here are the main contraindications to the appointment of massage.
sore back after massage
on muscles have passed, here and hurts.this is normal, if certainly did everything right.education is not an indicator. NECESSARY MEDICAL EDUCATION is necessary for MANUAL!but I would not send a woman.all the same massage is not for them.here the face is another matter, but I do not trust the woman.a lot of mistakes are allowed.many injuries in patients( (
In case of osteochondrosis, massage is not always indicated, it can aggravate the condition, or even damage.) Experience is not an indicator of the experience of a chiropractor's doctor, it is probably just a nurse or a paramedic - this is not education in such cases, they do not have the right to do medical massage without the appointment of a specialist. Go to the neurologist, you need to take pictures and possibly a tomogram to find out the diagnosis, you may not have a massage and other effects, but only a medication
You just think:
The masseuse is paid, it means that she picks up money, and she does not care about your health
Did you take a picture? And if she is pinching you and she will still get it?
Do all the REQUIRED tests and to the doctor.there will be already seen.
After the massage, the back may hurt, but there should not be any serious pains. You need to show the masseur an X-ray. If you have a hernia, then massage can be contraindicated, only mild manual therapy