What foods can be eaten for gout?
If your legs are not so beautiful, then you simply do not know what to do with them, says the popular wisdom. How to deal with the problem? The answer is simple - take care! There are entire sites devoted solely to foot diseases. This unfortunate statistics easily drives into a stupor. One of the most insidious and dangerous leg diseases is gout. To understand how to fight the disease, how to prevent it, you should know the origins of the disease.
Gout is a joint disease caused by the deposition of uric acid salts. The defeat of the disease often begins with the joints of the legs. Although the zone of risk is also elbows, knees, finger and wrist joints and feet. The most susceptible to gout pain are men after the age of forty and women during menopause. You can talk a lot about the medicinal ways of treating the disease, but a healthy lifestyle, rejection of bad habits and special food is always on the first place. What kind of food can I eat for gout?
Food recommended for daily nutrition
It is important to remember a very important fact: gout is not deadly, but forever. The paramount task is to provide for yourself the widest possible comfort zone. The list of specially selected products for each day does not look boring.
An important condition: the selection of products for life with gout should be such as to minimize the accumulation of uric acid salts in the joints.
- eat regularly four times a day;
- no starvation and abuse of food;
- aggressively, but carefully combat excess weight;
- to drink 2.5-3.0 liters of fluid per day.
Vegetarian food for gout is a prerequisite. The list of products permitted for consumption must contain vegetables, berries, nuts. Vegetables - white cabbage, carrots, potatoes, zucchini and cucumbers, aubergines. Nuts are useful almost any, especially hazelnuts.
In summer it is recommended to use fresh berries - cherries, strawberries, currants( red or black), cowberry. Berries should be included in the diet twice a day - in the morning and in the evening about 40 minutes before a meal or at least two hours later. No less useful and recommended to eat berries that have been thermally processed - light compotes, fruit drinks, juices.
If unbearable without meat products, preference should be given to dietary types - chicken, rabbit meat, turkey meat. Fish and seafood will successfully complement and diversify the table. Preference for boiled meat dishes, steamed or baked in the oven. Soups are the ideal solution in this case.
Foods that are inadmissible for a gout
And now the most delicious and most harmful with gout disease begins. What any doctor categorically crosses out by checking out the list of foods intended for nutrition.
If you remember the vegetables, it is, first of all, legumes, as well as pickles and pickled vegetables. All smoked and canned products, salty cheese - cross out. Here everything is clear - if the word "salt" is present even in the name, these products are harmful.
Junk guests on the table of a sick gout are raspberries and cranberries, figs and many peanut nuts.
Steep meat, mushroom and fish broths, dishes and sauces with their use are taboo. Not recommended for use are invigorating drinks - strong tea, coffee, cocoa, alcohol. Chocolate lovers will also have to give up their favorite delicacies.
Recipes of a light and quick menu for a day for a patient with gout
Eating with gout is not so difficult, taking into account the fact that the diet remains sufficiently tasty foods. Of these, you can quickly and quickly cook delicious food and do not feel at the same time restrained.
- First breakfast: salad from vegetables, boiled egg, millet porridge with apples and carrots, compote. Salad from vegetables. You will need vegetables - two fresh tomatoes, one cucumber, boiled egg, lettuce leaves and several green onion feathers. Cut the vegetables into large slices. Add ripped lettuce leaves. Egg cut into 4-6 parts. The feathers of onions are chopped diagonally. Mix the ingredients, fill with three tablespoons of vegetable or olive oil with the addition of lemon juice. Salt - not abusing. Millet porridge with apples and carrots. You will need millet - 300 g, water - 600 ml. In boiling water, fill in the washed millet and cook until all the water is soaked. After this, leave the porridge on the steam bath for 20 minutes. Carrots boil until cooked and cut nicely. Remove the apple from the seeds, cut into thin slices. Add carrots, apples, fill the dish with honey, gently mix and warm for about five minutes. Compote from fresh berries or dried fruits.
- Second breakfast: fresh fruit juice, squeezed right before use. If desired, you can replace the juice with a rose hips decoction.
- Lunch: fish soup, chicken steak chicken, kissel from berries. Fish soup. It will take fish trout, 2-3 potatoes, red onions, milk, flour. Cut potatoes large, onions - half rings and cook in one liter of water for 10 minutes. Cut the fish portionwise, add to the vegetables, cook for another ten minutes.400 ml of milk mixed with flour until the lumps disappear and pour the resulting mixture into the soup. Bring the dish to a boil, remove from heat, sprinkle with chopped greens. Fish can be any. A pleasant light creamy taste of the dish will not leave you indifferent! Chicken steak chicken. You will need 500 g chicken or chicken fillet, 2 tablespoons chicken.semolina, apple, onion. Remove green apple from seeds and peel, chop the blender together with onion, minced meat or chicken fillet. Salt and add spices to taste. Add the croup of mango and leave the hour for one and a half. During this time, the manga will absorb excess moisture and mincemeat will become more homogeneous. Form the cutlets of the desired shape and cook in a steamer for 25 minutes. When serving, sprinkle with herbs, dried paprika. Cutlets are very soft and light, with original taste. Kissel from berries. You will need berries - any for the season, taking into account the recommended use for gout.2 tablespoonsstarch. Sugar to taste. Berries are washed, cleaned of excess debris and cooked in water. Starch diluted in 50 ml of water and a minute before the readiness to pour a thin stream, stirring intensely, into the berries. Cook for an additional ten minutes.
- Snack: fresh berries.
- Dinner: syrniki, stuffed cabbage stuffed with rice, tea. Syrniki. You will need 200 grams of curds of medium fat, egg, 2 tablespoons.flour, 1 tbsp.semolina, nuts, sugar and vanilla to taste. All these ingredients should be mixed thoroughly. Mold small cheese cakes and fry in oil on both sides until cooked. To enhance the taste, you can add nuts, raisins. To make the syrniki easier, it makes sense to put them in special molds and bake in the oven.
Cabbage rolls. You will need slightly boiled white cabbage leaves, carrots, rice, spices, sour cream. Leave the cabbage for the filling, remove the hard veins. Rice boil until half cooked. Carrot chopped or finely chopped, fry in a small amount of butter, add chopped greens and put out a couple of minutes. Mix rice with vegetables. Ready fillings put on a cabbage leaf and fold the sheet envelope. Put the semi-finished product in a saucepan, pour half of the water, add salt, add spices and simmer for about 15 minutes.
Tea. It is recommended green or phyto-tea. Phyto-tea is a drink brewed on the basis of the collection of medicinal herbs. You can add fresh or dried berries. Due to its 100% naturalness, phyto-tea is extremely useful for health.
- At night: a glass of yogurt and fruit / berries in small quantities.
And this is only an indicative list of dishes for gout for one day. Special food for gout will not cause additional trouble. On the contrary - it will relieve and make it easier to work in the kitchen, because dishes with such a diet do not need long processing. They are prepared quickly, keeping the maximum of nutrients, and significantly diversify the diet.
Despite the easy way of eating, it's necessary to organize a fasting day. When gout is recommended to do once a week. And this is not a day of starvation, in any case! Meals on a day off are reduced to apples and rice. Rice cook in a special way - from 750 ml of milk and 75 grams of rice to cook porridge. The received volume of a dish and 250 g of apples makes a daily rate. The porridge is eaten in three steps. Apples can be eaten raw, but it is better to cook compote without sugar or bake in the oven.
Bon appetit, good health and good spirits!
Optimal nutrition for goutConsuming healthy food in necessary quantities is the basis for the prevention of various ailments. Malnutrition with gout is one of the leading causes of its complications, which doctors and patients recognize. If a patient does not exclude prohibited foods from his diet, it can cause aggravation and acceleration of destructive processes in the joints.
What foods can you eat? How correctly to make the menu at a gout? Before answering these questions, it is necessary to understand what can not be strictly eaten with gout and arthritis. Treatment of this ailment is a long process. The priorities of therapy are the removal of the pain syndrome and relief of a sudden onset of an attack.
What products are prohibited
Almost everyone knows how the fats of animal origin affect the human body. But many people with gout do not rush to exclude them from their diet. But this is what can cause the disease progression.
So, for this disease, you can not use:
Fatty fish is prohibited in the menu of the patient
- spices( excluding vinegar and bay leaves);
As statistics show, gout exacerbations often begin when the patient begins to eat improperly, allowing himself to eat fatty fish, meat, lard. You can not drink alcohol with gout, but not every patient observes this rule. Alcohol, like fatty foods, delays excretion of uric acid salts and their deposits from the body.
With gout, the body is weakened, while alcohol practically does not leave a chance to resist the disease. Alcohol, even in very small quantities, can provoke a sudden attack of gout. Moreover, the pain symptoms in this case will last much longer and manifest themselves more strongly. In this case, drugs can not effectively repay them, since alcohol in the human body will prevent the effects of medications. What will be the result of drinking alcohol? Acceleration of the process of deposition of uric acid salts and general intoxication of the body.
Sausage and smoked meat are very dangerous for gout, as does table salt. Mushrooms are useful products in a number of diseases, because they contain microelements necessary for humans. But gout is not allowed. What kind of spice can I use when preparing diet food? Which of the seasonings to choose? Only bay leaf and vinegar. If gout occurs against the background of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, vinegar and acetic water can not be used when preparing food.
A patient should exclude from his diet any canned food. Spoiled yourself with sprats? Wait for gout exacerbation. Salted and hot cheeses can also cause it to worsen. Pulses, coffee, tea, beer, meat broths can provoke complications. Any overeating with gout is fraught with the fact that it can provoke an attack which, if the diet is disturbed, is further aggravated by additional complications.
With an exacerbation of gout, the list of products that can be consumed by the patient is further reduced. It is also necessary to know that the recipes of dishes that prepare gout, in no case should provide for the frying of ingredients.
What is useful for gout?
Nutrition for gout depends not only on the stage of the course of the disease, but also on the concomitant diseases. On the question of how to properly make a menu and what scheme to choose food, the most accurate answer will give a rheumatologist, gastroenterologist and nutritionist. There are such products for gout, which are allowed to consume, but only in limited quantities.
For gout, the following products will be useful:
- any vegetables( except spicy and cauliflower);
- greens( except sorrel, spinach, celery);
- various fruits( especially citrus fruits);
- low-fat dairy and sour-milk products;
- eggs( quail and chicken);
- vegetable oil.
It is generally believed that people suffering from gout should not be limited in the consumption of tomatoes. But if the patient has certain violations in the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract, a large number of these vegetables will provoke an exacerbation of stomach diseases. Recipes for dishes, for cooking which requires a lot of greens, patients with gout should be excluded. However, all kinds of dill can be consumed.
How to be with butter and milk? On the one hand, they are needed by the body, on the other - can aggravate gout. How to use these products correctly? When the disease is exacerbated, milk and butter can not be eaten. In the remission phase, they are allowed as additional to useful products. Kashi - the basis of proper nutrition of people suffering from gout. Recipes for these dishes include the addition of butter or milk. During the period of acute gout, porridge is prepared on the water.Vegetable soups are a real miracle cure for gout. Vegetables can be combined, combining with cereals and pasta, which brings a variety in the patient menu. Once a week, it is necessary to arrange a fasting day, during which to consume only one product. Disputable is the question of whether or not to arrange such unloading in the period of exacerbation of the disease. Many doctors assure: during the attack of gout, there is no question of any unloading day, such food will weaken the organism even more and will not bring the desired therapeutic effect.
Proteins are required for the human body in any disease. Which product to choose to meet this need and not to cause harm to health? Egg. You need to know: every day you can eat only one egg, otherwise the body's protein will trigger the release of a large portion of uric acid in the blood.
Black and white breads are very useful for gout. Seeds and nuts - too. What kind of apples do you prefer to gout? Experts advise choosing those apples whose peel is green.
Seafood helps reduce the level of uric acid in the body. With this task, squid is doing fine. Salad recipes, where squids are combined with various vegetables and sea cabbage, should be chosen carefully. Which one is right for you? Only one where there is no greens, seasonings and requires a small amount of vegetable oil.
Use of mineral water
Mineral water must be in the diet of a person suffering from gout. In a day the patient should drink an average of 2.5 liters of water, but only if he does not have chronic kidney disease. And you can drink as boiled or mineral water, and juices, decoctions, compotes, green tea.
If you pour boiling water on the dog-rose or dried fruits and let them brew in the thermos, you will get an excellent compote, in which the maximum of vitamins is stored. When gout boiling water poured medicinal herbs to get useful infusions. What kind of ingredients to choose for this infusion, the phytotherapist will recommend.
Mineral water is an equally popular remedy. It differs in the location of the source and composition. To treat gout, you must use slightly alkaline water. The label contains all the necessary information. It is best to choose mineral water "Essentuki No. 17", "Narzan" or "Borjomi".All of them are freely sold in any pharmacy. But you should use only that mineral water, which the doctor will recommend.
Nutrition for goutGout is a disease characterized by the deposition of uric acid salts mainly in the joints and kidneys, which without appropriate treatment leads to gouty arthritis, urolithiasis and the development of kidney failure. In this case, an important role in the treatment of gout is played by a diet with a minimum content of protein products.
What should be the food for gout?
Proper nutrition with gout follows two main goals:
- Substantially restrict the formation of uric acid in the body.
- To balance the diet so that the body does not experience deficiency in proteins, fats, carbohydrates, minerals, vitamins and trace elements, since it takes a long time to adhere to this diet.
The diet for gout, mainly of vegetable origin, includes the consumption of milk, eggs and in a limited number of boiled fish or dietary meat( eg, turkey, chicken).It is allowed to use dairy and vegetable soups, nuts, seeds, compotes, low-fat cheese, cottage cheese, black or white bread, pasta, rice, oatmeal, buckwheat, as well as many vegetables - cucumbers, potatoes, cabbage, zucchini, eggplants, carrots andm. From sweets are recommended jam, marmalade, marshmallows, sweets without chocolate, and from fruits - apricots, oranges, pears, apples, plums. During a period of acute categorically, one can not eat any meat or fish, and during the remission period the diet is slightly enlarged.
Prohibited products that are not recommended to be used categorically:
- meat, fish and mushroom broths;
- spicy sauces, canned food, marinades;
- fatty fish, caviar;
- meat of young animals;
- smoked meat;
- spicy spices;
- beans, including peanuts;
- salted meals;
- fatty and salty cheeses;
- cocoa, coffee, tea( strong);
- cream pastry;
- sorrel, rhubarb;
However, even the most severe diet will not bring the desired effect without changing the lifestyle. To effectively remove uric acid salts, you must consume at least 1.5-2 liters of water daily, and during an exacerbation period with gout, increase the amount of liquid to 3 liters. In addition, it is important to normalize body weight.
Diet No. 6 for gout
Diet No. 6 for Pevzner is a therapeutic diet prescribed for urine acid diathesis, gout, cystinuria, uraturia, and urolithiasis. If a person is on such a diet, then purine metabolism is normalized, urine becomes more alkaline, the formation in the body and the deposition of uric acid salts decrease, and the work of the intestine normalizes.
The basic principles of diet number 6:
- a sharp restriction on foods that contain table salt, oxalic acid, purines;
- moderate restriction of fats and proteins;
- increase in the diet of vegetables, fruits, lactic products and milk;
- increased fluid intake every day.
The peculiarity of culinary processing with gouty arthritis is the mandatory preliminary boiling of meat and fish. This is necessary in order that as much as possible of purine bases passed into the broth. In other respects, the cooking of products is normal. At the same time, meat or fish are served not more often 2-3 times a week( one portion does not exceed 150 grams for meat and 170 grams for fish).
Food is divided, 4-6 times during the day. In case of excess weight, it is recommended to have unloading days on curd, kefir, milk, fruits with obligatory consumption of water( at least 2.5 liters)."Dry fasting" increases the level of uric acid and can provoke an exacerbation of gout. The total caloric content of the diet is 2600-2900 kcal, and in the period of exacerbation - 1950 kcal. Menu for a week with gout can be made independently or seek help from a dietician( while you can always print a diet or a favorite recipe).
The sample menu for gout includes:
- breakfast - porridge, fruit slicing;
- second breakfast - milk dishes;
- dinner - vegetable soup, second course with garnish, compote or juice;
- snack - apple, toast with jam, sour-milk drinks or compote;
- dinner is a vegetable dish.
Recipes for dishes with gout
Salads and vegetable slicks:
- Cucumber salad. Chop cucumbers, add salt, add salad leaves, season with cream or low-fat sour cream.
- Carrot salad. Carrots grate on a large grater, add sugar, season with low-fat sour cream.
- Vinaigrette. Cut boiled potatoes, beets, cucumbers, lettuce leaves. Mix everything, salt, add vegetable oil.
- Potato soup. Boil potatoes until ready, wipe through a sieve, add egg, butter and white sauce. Serve on the table with sour cream. Vermicelli soup with milk. Boil in water vermicelli, add boiled milk, sugar, butter.
- Salted. Rinse croup, wash, pour water and put on a stove. Boil until cooked. If desired, add oil and salt.
- Sweet. Brewed in a similar way on water or diluted milk with the addition of sugar.
- Boiled chicken. Chicken fillet boil in water, broth to drain. Finished meat cut into small cubes, add canned corn, season with white sauce or sour cream.
- Egg omelette. Beat with milk and a small amount of flour 2 eggs, salt to taste, steamed.
- Compote of plums and apples. In boiling water, add plums, crushed apples, and sugar to taste. Bring to a boil and remove from the plate. Serve warm or chilled.
- Lemon water. In a blender, beat 1 lemon with 1-2 glasses of water. Leave to stand for 15 minutes, drain. Add sugar to taste and bring the volume of water to 1-1.5 liters. During the heat, you can add ice cubes.
Antipurin diet with exacerbation of gout
This diet contains a minimum amount of purines and uric acid, therefore it is prescribed during exacerbation of the disease, as well as with urate nephrolithiasis.
- chocolate, coffee;
- meat and fish broth;
- cakes, cakes;
- whole milk;
- smoked meat;
- is a fatty fish.
Limitations: tomatoes, plums, butter, leafy vegetables.
- cereals from cereals;
- sour cream;
- cottage cheese;
- vegetable oil;
- white cabbage.
This diet is prescribed for 1,5-2 weeks, and then the diet is gradually expanded and brought into line with diet number 6.
Things to know about nutrition with gout
- The main rule for gout is a lot of drinking. Drink clean water you need at least two liters a day. It is also possible to consume herbal teas, berry fruit drinks and mineral water for special purposes, and sour-milk drinks. It is strictly forbidden to drink beer and other alcohol.
- Another no less significant rule when dieting with gout is to reduce salt intake. It is advisable to exclude her from the menu at the time of treatment, but if it is difficult without it, then in a few times reduce its use.
- When conducting the heat treatment of products, it should be remembered that pork or beef meat, as well as fish and mushrooms, give away substances such as purines when heated. Therefore, you can cook soups only vegetables.
- Fish consumption is allowed, but it is better to use steam treatment or bake it.
- It is necessary to arrange once or twice a week for the body unloading days, but do not starve. This is strictly contraindicated, so during starvation the protein substance disintegrates, which in turn leads to an increase in the parameters of uric acid. In such "dietary" days with gout it is better to give preference to sour-milk products and fruit-vegetables.
- Do not forget and vitamin therapy - with gout it is indicated to consume as much as possible products or use chemist's drugs of vitamins C and B1.
- Nutrition for this disease should be fractional, you can eat often, but little by little.
Why is the diet of
so important? The essence of special nutrition for gout, which consists of allowed and prohibited foods, according to the table, helps to control the level of urea - its formation and removal from the body.
It should be remembered that nutrition does not cure gout, but only helps to improve the patient's condition, reduce pain and swelling, by freeing the body of excess acids and salts. In addition, such nutrition helps to lose weight to people who have it in excess, which significantly improves their well-being and promotes recovery after therapy with medications.
This type of arthritis is an insidious disease, in possible frequent relapses, so the nutrition table for gout should be a "reference book" for the person who was affected by this ailment. It will help to maintain the normal functioning of the urinary system and will have a strengthening effect on the human body as a whole.
If you do not follow the basics of proper nutrition, then there will be relapses, and this can lead to irreversible consequences in the form:
Gout diet: table of products, approximate menu for the weekGout is a metabolic disease characterized by accumulation inthe body of excess uric acid. This can happen as a result of hereditary predisposition, and because of acquired diseases. But in any case, the starting factor in this pathology is the receipt of specific chemical compounds with food.
What is the diet for gout?Gout is a chronic pathology, in which the concentration of uric acid is increased in the blood, and the salts of this acid are deposited in the tissues, mainly in the joints. However, there is no clear correlation between the level of this acid in the blood and the degree of severity of the joint symptomatology. Also: symptoms and treatment of gout. Uric acid is formed in the body from compounds called purine bases. Most of them come from food, a small percentage is synthesized from substances such as glutamine or glycine contained in the body. The level of purines also increases under conditions accompanied by cell decay( antitumor therapy, shock states, autoimmune diseases), because they contain DNA, RNA and other nucleotide-containing compounds. Entering the liver, purine bases turn into uric acid. Further, it enters the intestine, where it is "processed" by the gastrointestinal tract, then it is absorbed into the blood and excreted in the urine. If a failure occurs at one of the stages of this "path" from purines to the excretion of uric acid, it begins to accumulate, and gout develops at some point. But since most of the uric acid is formed from food, then, removing them from food, you can reduce its content in the body several times. If a person knew of a violation in the content of his own enzymes, either in the synthesis or in the excretion of the urinaryacid, or other causes of predisposition to this disease, then he could avoid its development, all his life following a certain diet. Unthinkable and effective therapy of gout without compliance with the rules of nutrition.
General diet rules for gout - menu for the week
- 1) The diet for gout is different during the period of exacerbation of the disease and during the inter-rush period: when exacerbated, meat and fish products are excluded completely, when the symptoms subsided, these dishes are returned in small amounts.
- 2) Must be unloading days: fruit and vegetable, kefir-curd, kefir or dairy - at least once in 3 days. This improves the excretion of uric acid.
- 3) You should drink water one hour before a meal. In total, you need to drink 2-3 liters a day in the form of not only water, but also fruit drinks, green or herbal tea, compotes, alkaline mineral water.
- 4) You can not starve or overeat. You need to eat a little, 4-5 times a day.
- 5) It is necessary to completely abandon alcohol.
What can not be eaten with gout: table of productsWith gout, it is necessary to refuse or significantly restrict the foods containing purine bases in the diet. Below is a table of products that should be abstained:
Gout - diet: allowed and prohibited productsIMPORTANT TO KNOW!Doctors are dumbfounded! The pain in the joints is FOREVER!Just before bedtime. .. Read on - & gt;
Factors leading to the development of gout are: inactivity;lack of clean, fresh air and an unfavorable ecological situation;disturbed drinking regimen. But the most important factor is malnutrition. The disease, unfortunately, is incurable, but the condition can and should be stabilized with the help of a diet. By giving up a number of foods and eating other healthy foods, you can alleviate the symptoms of gout.
General principles of the diet for gout
Gout - symptoms, treatment and diet is an extensive field of medical research, which it is not difficult to familiarize with.
However, there is still a common perception that gout is a disease of glutton, and it is enough not to overeat, to give up fatty and fried foods, smoking and alcohol, then gout will recede. Alas, this is not entirely true.
When gout is almost the most important is the diet. Meals should be oriented at the same time each day. You need to eat 4 or 5 times, without overeating , but without limiting yourself in nutrients. Excess weight is harmful, but it is also harmful and a sharp decrease in weight. Therefore, you need to monitor yourself, arranging unloading days as needed and do not eat high-calorie foods.
Gout: Prohibited Products
The diet for gout is a temporary measure, this is the principle of nutrition, even the way of life, which is based on taking care of one's health. First of all, in your diet, you must necessarily reduce consumption( or exclude altogether) those products that contain purines - compounds involved in the synthesis of uric acid. The daily norm of purines for gout is about 100-150 mg. In a healthy person, it is much higher - up to 800 mg of purines.
It is the food rich in purines that is forbidden for gout. High purine products include:
- black tea( 2800 mg), coffee( 1200 mg), cocoa( 1,900 mg), chocolate( 620 mg);
- peas( 45 mg), beans( 44 mg), lentils( 70 mg), rice( 18 mg), oats( 30 mg);
- veal( 48 mg), beef( 40 mg), goose( 33 mg), low-fat pork( 70 mg), fat pork( 48 mg), liver( 95 mg), animal language( 55 mg);
- sardines( 120 mg), river fish( 48-54 mg), herring( 79 mg), sprats( 92 mg);
- spinach( 23 mg), asparagus( 14 mg).
Purines in black tea, cocoa and coffee are not split into uric acid. But they have diuretic properties, so they dehydrate the cell and thereby increase the concentration of uric acid. It is much more useful to drink a sweet compote. It is better to use sugar as a sweetener. Honey and gout are not the best combination. Honey contains oxalic acid, harmful for gout.
Harmful as salty, spicy food and alcoholic beverages. Vodka and gout are the most harmful combination, so alcohol should be banned. In liquor, many purines, in addition, vodka and other alcohol dehydrates the body and thereby increases the concentration of uric acid, which leads to intoxication of the body. Alcohol and gout - an mutually exclusive combination, even in the smallest doses.
Useful products for gout
Foods in which there are few purines, but in which a high content of substances useful to humans, are conditionally considered useful for gout.
You need to eat as many high-fiber foods as possible, which helps maintain normal weight. These can be cereals, whole grains, muesli or diet breads.
Another group of healthy foods - vegetables, fruits and nuts, containing the essential vitamins C, E, A, D, as well as B vitamins, various minerals, antioxidants( lycopene, polyphenols, anthocyanins). Antioxidants strengthen the body's immune properties , increase your ability to withstand various ailments.
When gout is useful not only vegetables, berries and fruits, but also a variety of greens( except sorrel): parsley, dill, coriander. They need to eat every day and a lot. Cucumbers, zucchini, cabbage, carrots, tomatoes, pumpkin, melon, pineapple, watermelon, celery, strawberries, cranberries, black currants should be regularly on the gout table. In these fruits, there are few purines, but a lot of fiber, vitamins and "good" carbohydrates.
Gout: what you can eat
During periods of exacerbation of the disease, you should completely eliminate the consumption of meat and fish.
At such times it is useful to spend unloading days when full refusal of food is practiced, only juices, compotes and kissels, as well as alkaline mineral water and purified by reverse osmosis technology, still water are consumed.
During the remission period, only low-fat dietary meats with low purine content should be eaten: white chicken fillet, turkey fillet, low-fat rabbit meat( legs).Cottage cheese and cheese do not contain purines( or contain them in an insignificant amount, for example, in cheese "Adyghe" only 0.4 mg), so they should be in the menu of gout. There are no purines in the egg whites, and there are very few of them in the yolk.
Tomatoes are one of the best foods in the diet for gout. Tomatoes and gout are the right combination: eating tomatoes, you can reduce the manifestations of this disease. Tomatoes contain a huge amount of B vitamins, while they include very little protein.
Gout: diet 6 classic
For the treatment of gout, many different diets have been developed, taking into account the needs of gout in certain substances.
Diet No. 6 is the most common and easy type of diet for people who have gout: nutrition with gout should comply with the requirements of this diet. The essence of diet number six is as follows:
- use a minimum of proteins( to limit the consumption of meat and legumes).Animal proteins should be half of the total;
- it is necessary to limit the amount of refractory fats( pork, beef, mutton, culinary);
- you need to eat melted butter and vegetable oils;
- significantly limit the intake of products containing oxalic acid;
- it is impossible to eat broths( mushroom, fish, meat);
- if the kidney and heart without abnormalities, drink at least two liters of water per day;
- completely abandon the salt or tightly limit its amount( up to 1g per day).
In a diet with gout it is necessary to include soy products, for example, tofu cheese. Soy contains substances that remove uric acid from the body. Garlic and gout are the recommended combination, since garlic is a source of a variety of vitamins, macronutrients, has antibacterial properties. Allicin in garlic lowers the percentage of bad cholesterol in a person and has anti-carcinogenic properties.
Gout: treatment with folk remedies
Diet for gout can be combined with treatment with various infusions, decoctions of medicinal plants. For example, you can make tea from black currant and cranberry leaves and wild rose berries, mixed in equal proportions.
With gout, the compositions of chamomile, litter, and the roots of the stony hedgehog help well. These broths are prepared from the calculation of 3 teaspoons of raw materials for 2 cups of boiling water. Take the medicine you need half the glass 2-4 times a day before meals.
Ginger drink is used as a folk remedy for gout. Preparation: 10-20 g of root rub and brew with a glass of boiling water. Take half a glass a day on an empty stomach. Ginger and gout are a good combination. The root of ginger has a useful property - it cleanses the body, removes toxins and toxins.
Infusion of leaves of grapes and juice from berries should be drunk at least once a day before breakfast. Eat fresh grapes, too, and gout will gradually go into remission. Also for the treatment of gout in folk medicine is used decoction of flax seeds. Preparation: 2 teaspoons of seeds insist 15 minutes in 3.5 cups of boiling water, filter and take inside on a tablespoon 4 times a day.
Switch completely to diet food - gout will begin to recede within a week. With the help of diet it is possible to avoid the intensification of gout symptoms, reduce the risk of deep development of this disease and improve the quality of one's life. It is important to take into account specific features of human health, its taste preferences. This approach will allow to achieve positive results in the treatment of a complex disease.