Self-massage with cervical osteochondrosis
Self-massage with cervical osteochondrosisjpg
Intervertebral discs are often subjected to a destructive process called osteochondrosis. The most vulnerable part of the spine is its cervical section. Because of its special structure and closely adjacent vertebrae, the muscular corset in the neck is much weaker than the rest.
Minimal loads can cause the displacement of the vertebrae, and as a result, to pinch the elastic tubular formations, as well as nerve endings. This is dangerous because it is in this place that the arteries that feed the brain pass. Progressive degenerative processes attract the appearance of bony proliferation in the joints of the spine, thereby reducing the intervertebral canal.
Clinical features of osteochondrosis
The resulting osteophytes cause irritation and muscle tension, and, consequently, the pressure of the vertebrae increases. Deteriorating pathology by lowering the height of the disc.
Even in the absence of physiological pronounced abnormalities, prolonged stress causes pain and loss of sensitivity. Often cervical osteochondrosis is the main cause of dizziness and migraine. With increasing age, the disease manifests itself more.
The prerequisites for the formation of the osteochondrosis of the cervical part of
- are predisposed at the genetic level;
- disruptions in metabolic processes, poisoning, infectious diseases;
- insufficient intake of low molecular weight organic compounds, water, important chemical elements;
- bruises and fractures of the spine;
- incorrectly put the usual poses;
- variability in segments of the spinal column;
- flat feet;
- frequent lifting of heavy loads;
- hypothermia and others.
Background of the disease
For sure, every person, at least once in his life, experienced symptoms of osteochondrosis. But they distinguish special symptoms in which a visit to the doctor is inevitable:
- pain in the neck, which does not cease and spreads to the occipital part of the head, eye cavities, ears, scapula and clavicle;
- pain in the forearm, hand, shoulder;
- movement of hands, hands, fingers is difficult;
- in the morning there is a tight mobility in the cervical region;
- painfully maneuver your head;
- connective tissue proliferates.
Diagnosis of the disease is possible only with the use of X-ray, computer and magnetic resonance imaging. If it is necessary to check the condition of the tubular formations of the neck, the patient is directed to ultrasound dopplerography.
Methods of exposure
Medical practice has repeatedly proved that in this situation the most effective therapy is complex, which implies medication and without medications. Conservative treatment of osteochondrosis is provided by the use of anesthetic drugs, as well as funds that positively influence the blood circulation of the brain.
If abnormal muscle tension is observed, additional funds are prescribed to relax them. All drugs used in the therapy of osteochondrosis belong to certain groups, these are hormones, anesthetics, topical irritants, vitamins, chondroprotectors.
Physical therapy sessions( electrophoresis, magnetotherapy, therapeutic baths, paraffin baths) are quite effective in cervical osteochondrosis.
A special place in this is occupied by alternative therapy. It includes: reflexotherapy;the effect of the hands of the therapist on the body;massage;treatment with leeches and other procedures.
Technique for performing massage
In order to strengthen muscle tone and eliminate pain, mechanical and reflex effects on muscles are useful. Scientists have proved that after a properly done massage, the symptoms may disappear for several months. The regularity of measures improves the general condition of the cervical vertebrae and slows down the development of the disease.
Sometimes you just do not have time to visit the massage therapist, but self-massage with cervical osteochondrosis can be performed at home. For this it is necessary to adopt the provisions of "sitting".To begin massage it is necessary from a back. By the effects of a stroking, shaking, squeezing character, it is necessary to massage a part of the back located between the shoulder blades, passing into the region of the forearms and chest.
Painful sensations are not allowed with massage
It is very important that the effects on soft tissues are not accompanied by painful sensations, but give a pleasant sensation. The principle of massage is this: the more energetic the movement, the less turns must be made. This means that the smoothing is repeated about 8 times, kneading movements 4-5 times, and shaking - 3 times. Massaging should be directed from the back to the neck.
Follow the neck. From the bottom upwards with both hands it is necessary to hold in the direction of the column of the spine, having performed stroking 7 times. Then with pressing movements, the neck is massaged five times, these effects are replaced by a massage with the lateral part of the palm. Brushes in the stressed state are held on the sides of the spine, continuing to squeeze( 3-4 times).This complex is completed by strokes of the back of the neck.
Next step. The head leans forward and the four fingers on the back of the head rub the skin from top to bottom. Fingers need to be carried along the spine, placing them as close to it as possible. This should be repeated five times. In continuation, with pads of two fingers from the back of the neck to the back, the back of the neck is rubbed, circular motions are performed. The final stage of the massage is accompanied by such movements:
- stroking-4 times;
- squeezing-5 times;
- kneading-6 times;
- again strokes-3 times;
- and squeezing-4 times.
At this stage of the massage, it is recommended to work out soft tissue in the chest area. Although many people consider self-massage to be an intricate and complicated procedure, but if one understands it, then after three days of practical training, everyone will be able to remember the sequence of movements, and soon will feel considerable relief. By accustoming yourself to regular massage( morning and evening), the patient will feel good throughout the day.
Wearing the collar of Shantz
Cervical osteochondrosis is quite possible to treat at home and even in breaks at work. All in all, you need to give it a maximum of fifteen minutes of personal time. There are other types of massage: segmental - is performed on the paravertebral zones from the second to the third cervical vertebra;point - implemented by the method of influencing special points( fan-fu, feng-chi, y-men, da-chuy).
Get rid of discomfort in osteochondrosis, helps wearing a collar of Shantz. The neck collar fastens around the neck and fixes the vertebrae in the correct position.
Prevention as a way to prevent osteochondrosis
All the world's experts tirelessly repeat that the development of any disease is much easier to prevent than cure. For the prevention of cervical osteochondrosis exercises are very helpful:
- the spine is in the forward position, the shoulders are still, the head is tilted to the right side, then you need to try the right ear to touch the shoulder, without making any special efforts. Returning to the original position, repeat the same action with the left ear;
- body is straight, the chin is looking down, you need to reach your ear to the shoulder.
It is necessary to try not to allow circular movements of the head. And one more important point, overstrain in charging against osteochondrosis is simply unacceptable, they can aggravate the situation. The main laws of spinal health, this is the occupation of physiotherapy, proper posture, the lack of physical overload in large quantities. And most importantly, timely contact the doctor, because the disease is easier to cure at the first stages than the latter.
Video - Self-massage for cervical osteochondrosis
How is self-massage performed for cervical osteochondrosis
How is the cervical spine arranged and how is the nerve compression caused by its distortion
Cervical osteochondrosis is a disease that affects intervertebral discs. This ailment carries with it many unpleasant symptoms: pain, fatigue of the areas of the cervical-collar zone. Sometimes he grabs the upper shoulder girdle. With such a disease headaches are not uncommon.
Self-massage with cervical osteochondrosis can completely eliminate symptoms, improve blood circulation in the neck, slow the progression of the disease. Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine is a complex disease requiring systematic and long-term treatment. The goal of therapy is to eliminate pain syndromes in the affected area and begin to fight the inflammatory process. Massage of the neck-collar zone consists of such basic elements as stroking, squeezing, kneading.
Exercises for the neck and collar zone
Self-massage with cervical osteochondrosis can be carried out in any position convenient for you. The main thing is to relax your neck as much as possible. At first it is recommended to watch a video on this topic.
In order to improve your health, you must perform the following exercises.
- Strokes. You can just tilt your head forward. With two hands from the top down, stroke the neck with your hands. You should start from the nape of the neck, and finish at the front of the clavicle. Repeat 10-15 times.
- Muddling. Do the same exercise with one hand with a full neck. Gently squeeze the neck in the palm of your hand.
- Rubbing. Close four fingers, hold them in diseased areas. Lightly press and in a circular motion, perform the rubbing operations. You should feel the relaxation of tired muscles.
- With your right hand, massage the left upper part of the scapula. This exercise can be done through clothing. Then change the hand and the side of the massage.
- Grab your head with your hands. This exercise for the neck with osteochondrosis is better done with your thumbs. Feel the place where the neck connects to the head - the base of the skull. It is behind the ears in the nape of the neck. Massage this area of the collar zone.
- With this disease, it will not be superfluous to massage the shoulders. To do this, with your right hand, massaging, warm up the left humerus and deltoid muscles. Repeat all manipulations with your left hand on your right shoulder.
- Vibration. This exercise is performed at the expense of sharp, low-pressure touches of the neck and upper shoulder girdle. Touch can be plucked. Four fingers work, they are slightly tense. Alternate the plucked touches by patting on the areas to be massaged.
Self-massage of the collar zone - a simple procedure, it is able to perform any person. Doing a massage every day, you will feel a week later that the neck is no longer tired.
Self-massage of hands and fingers, knee
Self-massage of hands and fingers is quite simple, but it allows to relieve fatigue of muscles and joints, restore blood circulation.
- Rinsing the brushes. Vigorously rub the outer and inner sides of the brush. Rub your palms as if you were frozen and want to keep warm. Perform at least 15 seconds.
- With your right hand, grasp the thumb of your left hand. Sliding motion, pull it, slightly twisting the arm. You should feel how the friction of the fingers of your left hand becomes warm. Change your hands and repeat these steps.
- With plaster movements, massage the underside of the palm from the wrist to the base of the little finger.
- Connect the fingers of one palm together, as if forming a boat. The second hand grasp the brush and, as in the second exercise, draw from the wrist to the fingertips. Alternate these movements with the capture and release of the brush( as if you feel the brush).
- Castle. Take the brush into the castle. Rotate your hands a little, wring your wrists. Then, holding your hands in the lock, use your thumb to perform the rubbing movements in the second brush. Walk around the entire brush and change your hand.
The knee joint is constantly stressed: when the body is in an upright position, doing sports, being overweight or having a flat foot. In order to prevent the occurrence of knee diseases such as arthritis and arthrosis, you need to take care of your knees. Although arthritis and arthrosis of the knee joint are manifested in the elderly, they begin to develop much earlier. Their first symptoms may be fatigue, pain and crunch in the joints.
Self-massage of the knee joint is prescribed for the progression of this ailment. There is a whole complex of exercises, including grinding, warming, massaging and movement of the joints. Its best to perform sitting. One session - no less than 15 minutes.
Gymnastics with coxarthrosis of the hip joint
In the affected joint, the interosseous fissure narrows, the cartilaginous tissue is depleted and bone proliferation occurs.
In coxarthrosis of the hip joint, cartilage destruction is observed, it loses its strength and elasticity. Its surface becomes dry and rough, the cartilage decreases. Emerging growths interfere with the full movement of the joint and can be the cause of its deformation, leading to inflammation.
In coxarthrosis of the hip joint, the main element of the treatment is a reduction in the mobility of the diseased joints with the gradual elimination of pain by massage. Surgery is prescribed only at the last stage of the disease. Appoint a therapeutic complex of exercises should the doctor.
In coxarthrosis, the gymnastics includes the following exercises.
- Performed lying on the floor, belly down. Smoothly lift one leg. Try not to bend the knee. Fix the foot at 15 cm from the floor for as long as you can. Slowly lower your leg. Repeat the same with the second leg.
- Lying sideways on the floor, raise the upper leg by 10-15 cm. Fix it. Turn over on the other side and repeat these actions with the second leg.
- Lying on your back, bend your knees and spread your shoulders wide. Try to maximally raise the pelvis, lock in the upper position and gently drop. Repeat this action is necessary 7-10 times, with coxarthrosis of the hip joint, its benefit is difficult to overestimate.
- Sitting on a chair, try to straighten the leg, unbending in the knee, and then slowly lower it. Repeat the second leg. Make at least 5 lifts for each leg.
Only a doctor can diagnose "coxarthrosis of the hip joint".He must prescribe a treatment and pick up exercises that help fight the disease.
How to massage or self-massage with cervical osteochondrosis?
To strengthen muscle tone and eliminate pain syndrome it is useful to do massage with cervical osteochondrosis. Mass the cervical spine and collar area( up to the 4th thoracic vertebra).
With a pronounced root syndrome, only one side is most often painful. Therefore, massage on painful muscles should be carried out sparing( especially the first procedures), paying more attention to the healthy side.
Neck and collar area massage
Massage in the osteochondrosis of the cervical region is performed in the patient's lying position on the abdomen( putting a brush under his forehead and pulling his chin to his chest), or sitting at a table. The muscles of the patient should be completely relaxed.
Begin a massage with a common embracing stroking of the collar area along the lymphatic pathway to the lymphatic axillary and supraclavicular nodes. Then apply flat palm strokes, comb-like stroking. From the 7th cervical vertebra to the right and left is ironing.
After stroking, squeezing is performed, which involves deeper layers of skin. The masseur puts his hand across his neck( while his thumb and index finger are together) and performs movements down to the trapezius muscle along the spine( along the paravertebral zones).Squeezing can be done with the edge of the palm to the shoulder joints. Squeezing of the collar region is carried out from the 4th thoracic vertebra to the shoulder joints from top to bottom.
RubbingTrimming techniques prepare the muscles for deeper effects. The purpose of rubbing: warm up and relax the muscles, improve blood flow. In the neck region, rubbing starts from the place of attachment of the muscles to the occiput( the base of the skull).Apply a circular and rectilinear rubbing with the pads of the fingers. Hands sliding on the skin, shifting it. Folds the fingers of the area from the spinous processes of the vertebrae on the sides.
I use the sawing techniques on the collar area( the palms are installed parallel to the edge) and the sawing movements perform the reception. On the forelegs - reception crossing( the thumb is diverted to the side, is performed by the inner edge of the hand).On paravertebral zones - circular grinding.
Mashing techniques operate at a deeper level( muscles, ligaments, fascia).The kneading is carried out in three stages: muscle grip, muscle fixation and kneading. On the neck perform longitudinal kneading in circular motions along the paravertebral zones.
On the collar area: longitudinal kneading, transverse to individual beams, annular. Reception can be used with weights by the other hand.
Perform penetration along the outer edge of the blade closer to its upper part.
Finish neck and neck massage by stroking and vibration techniques. Methods of continuous vibration( shaking) and discontinuous( chopping, effleurage) are used.
Segmental massage techniques for cervical osteochondrosis
The technique of massage of cervical osteochondrosis includes receptions of segmental massage. For paravertebral zones, starting from the 2nd thoracic to the 3rd cervical vertebra:
- Plane stroking on both sides simultaneously from 8 times.
- Drilling on the disturbance side. With the nut syndrome, the technique is applied on the opposite side.
- Reception of processing of spinous processes with pads of the index and middle fingers. Work from the lower to the higher-lying departments. Repeat several times( up to 10).On each spinous process to fix for 5-6 seconds.
- Perform several longitudinal strokes.
Session time from 10 to 15 minutes.
Acupressure with cervical osteochondrosis
The acupressure is constructed according to the following scheme:
- First act on the fen-fu point( under the occipital mound) for 1 min( spend screwing in a clockwise direction, hold for a few seconds, and counteract the weakening of the effect).
- The point of feng chi. It is located at the width of two fingers from the mastoid processes of the skull.
- The point i-men( the distance of the width of three fingers from the point of feng-fu).Exposure within 1-1.5 minutes.
- Point da-chju( 7th cervical vertebra).The effect of sedation is 1-1.5 minutes.
After neck and collar massage, a slight dizziness may occur. Therefore, it is recommended to lie down for a few minutes. It is not recommended immediately to drive.
Cervical osteochondrosis can be treated at home and in breaks at work, giving 10-15 minutes to self-massage.
Self-massage for cervical osteochondrosis
There is not always time to visit a masseur. Therefore, you can perform self-massage with cervical osteochondrosis. Self-massage is performed while sitting. Perform the elements of segmental massage from the bottom up from the 4th thoracic to the occiput.
Produce the stroking of the palms. To do this, you need to put your hands on the back of your neck and wrap your movements to do stroking.Also you can read: Why the head is spinning with cervical osteochondrosis?
Then, the pads of the fingers produce circular rubbing, shifting the skin. Carefully massage painful seals in the area of the shoulder. Muds are produced in the form of crushing - extrusion. Between the spinous processes of the vertebrae, drilling is performed.
The shoulder straps, including the shoulder joint and trapezoid muscles, are massaged. Massage movements are carried out from the scalp down to the shoulder joint. The shoulder joint is massaged in a circular motion, making strokes, rubbing and kneading( you can carry out receptions through clothes).Pay attention to the shoulder and deltoid muscle.
Circular movements of fingers knead the places of attachment of muscles to the neck. Finish self-massage stroking and patting the collar area.
The effectiveness of self-massage will increase, if after the procedure, do a few exercises for the neck: slow turns of the neck and circular movements.
Massage and self-massage can not be performed in the acute period of the disease. You can use warming and anti-inflammatory ointments and gels. Before a massage, it is advisable to visit a doctor. In some diseases, massage is contraindicated. In order to better understand the technique of massage techniques, it is recommended to watch a massage video for cervical osteochondrosis:
Often accompanied by a sharp pinched nerve endings. Medical drugs that can help with this disease are predominantly pain relievers, and therefore the effect of their application is short-term.
Symptoms may be:
- hearing impairment, often accompanied by ringing in the ears;
- persistent headaches;
- dizziness, until loss of consciousness;
- tooth pain;
- change voice timbre( possible even snoring), etc.
These symptoms should be treated by a doctor. After all, like all diseases, osteochondrosis has both a light and a heavy form.
In a more relaxed phase - you can do massage, and self-massage including, as well as physical exercises to ease your well-being, but with acute cervical osteochondrosis - this is not always recommended. You can aggravate your situation.
Not only elderly people, but also the younger generation, can be at risk of disease. Sedentary work, large physical exertion - can provoke the appearance of cervical osteochondrosis.
Efficiency of self-massage
So what to do? It's simple - get busy training, do gymnastics and gymnastics. Make an appointment with a specialist and massage.
It should be noted that gymnastics for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine is very useful, it should be performed every day and then problems with the spine will be much less.Always follow the posture, change the pillow to orthopedic and do not forget to knead your neck in between work( for example, if you have a pencil in your mouth and you draw a sign of infinity).This will help you both in preventive and therapeutic activities.
Consult with a specialist if massage with osteochondrosis of the neck will facilitate the course of the disease, then it may not be necessary to apply medications. Let's consider the positive aspects of the effect of self-massage on the body.
Affects the central and autonomic nervous system. Improves the conductivity of nerve fibers, accelerates the process of their regeneration. With the help of nerve conduction, nervous reflexes of organs and tissues are restored.
Affects the secretion and acceleration of the processes of histamine-like substances( histamine), the hormone acetylcholine. Histamine improves the work of vessels, internal organs and tissues( especially the adrenal glands - increases the level of adrenaline).
Acetylcholine( mediator of impulses between nerve fibers) expands small arteries and improves the work of the musculature of the skeleton.
Affects the metabolic processes in the body, muscles, joints, vessels and capillaries. Helps reduce muscular atrophy( muscle dysfunction), increases the performance of muscle tissue. Strengthens and accelerates the function of the joints. Improves blood circulation, blood flow to tissues and organs.
The results of manual therapy are controlled by the intensity of visiting the medical( massage) room. You can do therapy yourself. So how to treat osteochondrosis of the cervical region?let's take a closer look at the technique of self-massage.
Neck self-massage technique for osteochondrosis
For convenience of the procedure, one or two hands can be used. You can do self-massage of the neck in a standing or sitting position.
In sitting position, the back is straight, legs are bent at the knees, feet are shoulder width apart. In the standing position, center the gravity of the body evenly between the legs, standing on the width of the shoulders.Do not massage the bulging vertebrae of the neck, carotid arteries and lymph nodes! Only the areas around.
The self-massage of the cervical region is recommended starting from the back. Before the beginning it is necessary to warm up superficial tissues and muscles. For this, with both hands, stroke the skin from the top down.
Below is a video lesson of the technique of self-massage of the neck-collar zone. Look necessarily, it will not be superfluous.
Change the intensity. You can do with one hand, alternating the sides of the neck. Do not get carried away. The heating time is not more than 2 minutes.
Nasal neck massage
- Squeezing. The pressed rib of the palm is directed from the bottom to the top, then from the border of the hair growth to the shoulder joints. Change the hands and sides of the body parts( neck).
- Rubbing with circular finger movements. With your fingertips rub the nape of the ear from one ear to the other. The movements are circular from the beginning of hair growth and just below the forearms( as far as the flexibility of the hands allows).Hands then diverge to the ears, then meet in the middle of the occipital part of the muscles. Here it is necessary to remember that you can not massage the vertebrae yourself - only muscle tissue.
- Tweaking. Toss the neck muscles. Operate from below upwards, and then in the opposite direction.
- Stroking with both hands. Stroke your neck with your hands from top to bottom. Move from the back of the head to the shoulder blades.
Massage of the front part
- Stroking. Back of the hand, stroke the neck from top to bottom. Moving from the area of the lower jaw to the sternum. Intensity stroking is gentle.
- Rubbing. Massage your anterior pectoral muscles with your fingertips. Movement - circular. Here you should be careful, do not massage the lymph nodes.
- Mashing. Slightly tingling, move along the side of the neck from the earlobe to the shoulder. The movements are circular.
Indications and contraindications for the use of
Therapy can be applied on a daily basis, especially with a low-activity lifestyle, with static work, feel fatigue or tension in the muscles of the neck.
But there are, of course, illnesses and traumas that are acutely responsive to manual therapy. In this case, consult a doctor.
Cervical osteochondrosis should not be treated alone, if available:
Self-massage for cervical osteochondrosis - rules and procedures
Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine is a very common disease. Massage and self-massage with cervical osteochondrosis is one of the main methods of treatment, along with exercise therapy and medication. Massage of the neck and hands can be done in almost all stages and with any manifestations of chondrosis. A good effect of manual therapy is due to improved blood supply in the cervical region and relaxation of spasms. Self-massage can afford any person not only to reduce the pain syndrome, but also to prevent osteochondrosis. A few simple techniques can significantly slow the progression of the disease and prevent exacerbations.
Self-massage rules for cervical osteochondrosis
- Massage should be done with light movements, no need to exert great effort when grinding and kneading the neck. Otherwise, you can displace the vertebrae, which will cause increased pain.
- Movements must be performed from the bottom up, from the center to the periphery( starting from the vertebrae and gradually moving to the lateral regions of the neck).
- For the best result, massage with cervical osteochondrosis should be done every day for 10-15 minutes, preferably in the morning. If possible, repeat the techniques in the evening after a busy day.
- It is necessary to perform massage while sitting or standing, but if the pain in the neck does not allow, it is possible in any convenient position.
Advice: before the beginning of the course of manual therapy( whether it be professional massage or self-massage) it is advisable to consult a doctor. Of course, if you lead a sedentary life, then massage will never be superfluous. But if you are often disturbed by pain in the neck, even with minor loads, you should visit a doctor. You may need special treatment.
Self-massage stages of neck
For osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, massage is performed according to a certain scheme. It includes stroking and rubbing, kneading and vibration. These techniques are performed sequentially.
Self-massage should always begin with stroking and finish the session. To begin with, the head should be turned to the right, and the right hand should be placed on the left shoulder. Stroking movements are made in a straight line running from the spinous process of the seventh vertebra( the most protruding cervical vertebra) to the shoulder. Stroking movements continue for 3-4 minutes. Then you should change the position - turn the head to the left, put the left hand on the right shoulder and massage in the same way. Now, with the same positions of the head and hands, it is necessary to perform stroking movements in the longitudinal direction - from the occiput to the shoulder blades. On each side for about 2-3 minutes.
Rubbing is more intensive. It must be carried out in the same directions and in the same position as stroking. Pads of the fingers should be made small circular movements with a slight pressure. It is enough to rub the area two times from the neck to the shoulder and from the back of the head to the shoulder blades.
Unlike the first two stages, when kneading, the bases of the palms and the fingers combined are used. In this case, the skin is caught between the palms and the fingers.
- First, the muscles of the neck are kneaded: the left hand massages the left side of the neck, and the right one - the right side. Circular movements with grasping of a skin and easy pressing. Continue for 2 minutes on each side.
- After the muscles of the neck, the back muscles of the shoulder are kneaded. Left hand massaging the right shoulder, and vice versa. For a minute on both sides.
Vibration can be created by patting your fingers lightly with a folded boat. First, this way they pat on the area of the posterior cervical muscles and muscles of the right shoulder. Then the same is done on the left side. On each side for 1-2 minutes. At this stage, you can use a vibrating massager, if you have one. To finish massage it is necessary stroking to calm muscles.
Important: Massage with cervical osteochondrosis should be one of the components of complex treatment, so you can not refuse from other methods( exercise therapy, physiotherapy, drug treatment).
There is a special type of self-massage - acupressure, in which pressing certain points of the body can cause improvement of blood circulation and relieve pain. For this you need to know where these points are. Details about the acupressure massage can be found in books on Chinese medicine or other sources.
Contraindications to manual therapy
Massage and self-massage of the neck in osteochondrosis can not be performed in the acute phase of the disease, with pronounced signs of inflammation and severe pain. A sharp inflow of blood to the muscles can cause or intensify edema, which will lead to an even greater compression of blood vessels and nerves. Self-massage can begin only during remission or subsiding exacerbation. Other contraindications include:
- skin diseases with localization of foci in the neck and shoulder area,
- acute inflammatory diseases of any location,
- bleeding of any origin.
Daily self-massage with cervical osteochondrosis significantly improves the condition. It is especially useful to do such a massage for people with sedentary work. Even if there is no osteochondrosis, these techniques will relieve fatigue and tension and improve cerebral circulation. After the massage, you can do therapeutic gymnastics, which is also necessary for osteochondrosis.
Self-massage for osteochondrosis |Health and Longevity Rules
No osteochondrosis, probably someone who is not familiar with this disease. But in recent years, osteochondrosis has grown very young and such problems appear at the age of 20-40.And the main reason is that both children and adults began to move a little and spend most of their time sitting in front of a television or a computer. Deficiency of movement and minimal loads for the spine are the main cause of osteochondrosis. Cervical and thoracic and lumbar osteochondrosis can also appear as a result of trauma, excessive physical exertion, exposure to vibration and many other causes. But the most important reason for the appearance of osteochondrosis is a sedentary lifestyle. And if there are pain in the neck and head, dizziness, weakness, pain in the hands when lifting and lowering, pain in the lower back or pain between the ribs, then most likely, you have exacerbated osteochondrosis.
The main cause of these unpleasant sensations is the degradation of intervertebral discs. Cartilaginous tissue can harden, then the intervertebral discs deform and collapse and become smaller in height. At the same time, their elasticity is greatly lost and they no longer fulfill their main shock-absorber role for the vertebrae. Often, the dystrophy of the intervertebral discs can lead to jamming of the nerve endings, which causes pain in the back area.
How to treat osteochondrosis?
First of all, you need to get a person out of the aggravation phase. It is necessary to eliminate pain. For this, analgesics and anti-inflammatory drugs are used. Or you can use compresses and flourishes cooked according to folk recipes. And only when severe pain has stopped, you can go to the second stage of treatment. Special procedures and physical exercises - these methods will give good results. Special exercises for the spine will help almost completely get rid of this disease. It is necessary to fill the lack of movements, which is the main cause of osteochondrosis in any part of the spine.
In osteochondrosis, special exercises are used for curative gymnastics, including movements that are natural for a person. As a result of such exercises, the muscles of the back and ligaments are strengthened and a "back corset" is created. But you need to start with a light self-massage. During the massage, you can use both warming and anti-inflammatory ointments and gels.
Massage movements used for self-massage of the back.
- One of the basic movements is stroking. It can be rectilinear and alternate with one hand then the other, then with both hands at once.
- Squeezing is carried out on massage lines. Can be both longitudinal and coracoid.
- The kneading of the long back muscles is done in a circular motion with a thumb pad or with phalanxes of bent fingers or thigh bumps. You can use the "tongued" method of massage.
- The kneading of the latissimus muscles of the back is made by the palm base with one or both hands in a circular motion.
- The kneading of the trapezius muscle is done rectilinearly by the pad and thumb of the thumb or by circular movements with the thumb pad or with the pads of the 4 fingers or the phalanges of the bent fingers. It is also good to apply a "tongued" massage motion.
- Trimming of the intercostal spaces is performed rectilinearly with the pads of the fingers - alternately with one hand and the other with the help of straight pads of 4 fingers. You can also use circular motions with 4-finger pads or a thumb pad.
Self-massage of the lumbar region of the spine.
Start by warming the palms of your hands. To do this, connect the palms together, pinch them between the knees and vigorously rub against each other. Then put the warm, open palms on the painful place on the waist and wait until the heat penetrates deep inside. For a good effect, repeat this exercise 5-7 times.
Also warm your palms. Then put your hands to the lower back so that the thumbs should be on each side and point strictly down, and the rest of the fingers lie on the waist a little obliquely. Then, in intensive movements, rub this area up and down. Before the appearance of pleasant warmth in the lower back.
Then massage the lower back well with only the small pads of the fingers, which are placed perpendicular to the spine and 5 cm laterally. First, perform small rectilinear movements, and then circular, move them along the spine.