What you need to know about using massage for scoliosis of the spine
Scoliosis is the curvature of the spine that causes deformity of the chest.
The cause of the disease is congenital and acquired.
Scoliosis occurs due to abnormal posture, physical activity or inflammatory processes that occur during puberty.
At different stages of its approach to therapy
Depending on the degree of scoliosis, the technique of performing the massage and the accompanying treatment methods are different.
Therapy in the first stage of
At the initial stage of scoliosis development, a visual change in the spine is practically not fixed. But the prognosis of treatment with timely treatment in the clinic is quite good.
How to make a massage with scoliosis of I degree:
- The course of massage should be held every six months. Therapeutic therapy is aimed at correcting the posture and strengthening of the pectoral and dorsal muscles.
- It is recommended to practice physical exercises and swimming.
- In the future, you need to monitor your posture and not be in one position for a long time.
- Sleeping place, equipped with a cushion and a mattress.
The second stage is difficult, but it is possible
Scoliosis of the 2nd degree is characterized by changes in the spinal column. When examined by a specialist, there is a discrepancy between the rib cage, the shoulder blades and the gluteal folds.
Therapeutic therapy is carried out in a comprehensive manner and is aimed at restoring and preventing the development of the disease. Treatment is the same as for 1 degree of disease. Additionally, vitamin D group therapy can be prescribed.
The possibilities for treatment of stage 3
The third degree of scoliosis is the most difficult in terms of choice of technique for treating the disease.
You can visually determine the curvature. A rib hump is formed. Treatment for the patient is complex.
Ways of solving the problem:
- an individual prescription for wearing an orthopedic corset;
- physiotherapy and massage appointment;
- procedures are carried out, lying on the back, because they have an asymmetric orientation.
In the fourth stage, massage will not help
The patient's body is sharply asymmetric. The main method of struggle is surgical intervention. In the spine, metal plates are mounted, which hold the body in a symmetrical position.
There are several ways to fix the spine:
- fixation with a movable mount( used by children);
- with fixed attachment of pivotal vertebrae.
The rehabilitation period takes up to 1 year and includes wearing a corset, taking exercise therapy and massage.
The effect of therapeutic massage on the health of the body
Therapeutic massage is an active technique that boils down to applying a certain irritation to the patient with the hands of a massage therapist or with the help of hardware therapy.
Massage has a wellness and preventive effect for the human body:
- improves blood circulation and activates blood flow in capillaries;
- normalizes sleep, helps to cope with insomnia, stress and bad mood;
- relaxes and soothes;
- increases the elasticity of muscle fibers.
Massage normalizes blood circulation, relaxes muscles, increases mobility and elasticity of joints.
Therapeutic massage of the spine strengthens the back corset and has a relaxing effect.
Theory of massage for scoliosis
There are two theories for controlling back scoliosis with massage:
- Theory No. 1 states that the purpose of massage therapy is to achieve relaxation in tense muscles and toning the weakened ones. The theory was called the bow string. The muscles of the back are stretched to the concave side, so that the opposite do not strain.
- Theory number 2 says - the strained muscular side is considered strained. However, do not neglect and divide the muscles into strained and weakened ones. Muscles of the back may be in a different state and be strained in the convex zone.
When will the massage be harmful?
Treatment with massage is contraindicated in people with a diagnosis:
- pronounced neuralgic disorders.
- renal and hepatic insufficiency.
- oncological diseases.
- cardiovascular disease.
- allergic diseases.
- exacerbated chronic diseases.
- purulent processes in the body.
- tuberculosis in an open form.
- skin diseases, etc.
General rules and tips
Massage movements in the curvature of the spine are carried out in the direction from the lower extremities to the cervical spine. With any type of scoliosis, a certain technique is used, directed at the diseased portion of the back.
Everything starts with stroking. Particular attention is paid to the intercostal muscles, which are kneaded with rectilinear movements.
Circular movements relax wide and long muscles. In the lumbar region, a squeezing technique is used, stretching thearea of the sacrum.
Begin with a concave side gradually shifting to a convex one. Towards the end of the massage, they pass to the convex part of the back. The therapy ends with a complex massage of the neck and legs.
With scoliosis of 2 and 3 degrees, special attention should be paid to massage of pectoral muscles, abdominal muscles and legs.
This will help prolong the consolidation of the result. To correct deformations, a long massage is performed. In the end result, the muscles quickly come to tone.
The main types of modern massage
In the scoliosis of the spine, the following types of massage are used:
- The canned is a treatment procedure and direct exposure to the diseased organ by vacuum. You can perform back massage at home without special skills and abilities. First of all, the lumbar zone is heated, then, with the help of a baby cream or oil, the area under the cans is lubricated. In banks, the air is burned, due to which a vacuum is created. The jars are placed on the patient along the spine.
- Spot requires certain skills and knowledge. Pressing with your fingertips on the points of the large vertebra helps the regain lost strength.
- Manual includes a complex of effects on problem areas of the body. Consistently use the technique of stretching, vibration and stroking.
- When carrying out Thai patient massage is laid on the floor, hands are led behind the back. The masseur sits down next to him and makes pushing movements in the back area, moving towards the waist. At the end of the massage, stretching the arms and pressing movements on the sides of the body.
- With , the differentiated massage is relaxed, toned and stretched by the muscles of the back, abdomen, chest and limbs.
Curvature of lumbarTherapy against lumbar scoliosis begins with stroking. Then the masseur in a circular motion affects the long back muscles.
The lumbar region is kneaded by the finger pad in a rectilinear direction. Massage ends with a light pat on the back.
With a lumbar curvature, it is recommended to perform a set of exercises:
- In standing position, the elbows are directed to the sides, hands are in front of the shoulders. We perform circular movements of elbows forward and backward.
- We raise our hands upwards and reach for the ceiling, we do not tear off our heels from the floor.
- The back rest against the door leaf so that the neck and heels feel the door. We stand 20 seconds, relax.
- Kick the bike exercise. Lie down on your back, twist the pedals in the air.
Video training for massage with scoliosis with detailed instruction:
Therapeutic complex for breast
In chest scoliosis, the deformed shoulder is pulled out so that it can take a symmetrical shape to the opposite shoulder.
The therapist acts on the pectoral muscles. Intercostal spaces are gently massaged with rectilinear, then circular motions.
Exercises for scoliosis of the breast aimed at reducing the curvature of the spinal column:
- We lay on our backs, put our hands on the back of the neck, stretch our elbows to the sides, inhale, and then return them back with exhalation.
- We lay down on the stomach. Raise the trunk and bend in the chest. We inhale, drop and exhale.
- We get on all fours. We stretch simultaneously the right arm and the left leg, we breathe in. We change the arm and leg, we exhale.
Exercises to strengthen the paravertebral muscle.
- slopes forward, backward and downward;
- squats with bent knees, legs do not come off the floor;
- extend arms along the trunk, lying on the back, raise your hands up, after a few seconds, lower down;
- lying on your back, put your hands on the back of your head, spread it apart and return it to its original position.
Massage for cervical scoliosis
Massage therapy starts from the healthy side of the neck, gradually switching to the problem part.
Points are being worked out, from which the occipital nerves come out, because they are subject to negative effects.
On video neck massage:
Expected effect of massage:
- dulls pain in the back;
- corrects the curvature of the spine;
- strengthens the muscular corset;
- accelerates metabolic processes and circulation;
- eliminates curvature in the spine;
- relieves chronic pain.
Recommendations for the elimination of cervical scoliosis:
- physiotherapy, gymnastics, swimming.
- hardening of the body.
- massage to strengthen the muscles of the back;
- the mattress should be rigid, a dream only on a back.
- recommends wearing orthopedic corsets.
- food is rich in phosphorus, calcium and proteins.
How to help a child
The technique of performing a massage in scoliosis in children involves the following actions:
- The child falls on the stomach of the .On the part of the thoracic department, the doctor performs stroking, gradually shifting to vibratory actions in the chest and lower back.
- The child lies on the side .The masseur conducts a technique that allows you to pull the iliac crest on the right.
- The child rolls onto the belly of the .The lumbar region is massaged, the subscapular zone relaxes and stretches.
- The child lies on the back of the .The chest surface is massaged. The therapy ends with a stroking of the back and shoulder area.
Features of a child's massage:
- is contraindicated to carry out therapy after a meal, it is better to wait 40-50 minutes;
- hands should be clean, oiled for massage or baby cream;
- movement - smooth and slow, without pressure.
For help, it's best to contact professionals!
Taking into account the importance of the disease and the consequences for solving the problem, it is better not to experiment with the massage at home.
Given the fact that you yourself can not explore the spine. Treatment and preventive examination and massage in the clinic will allow you to accurately diagnose, determine the extent and depth of your problem.
Massage should be done by an expert with a good knowledge of anatomy. The doctor will make an individual treatment plan and maximally examine your musculoskeletal system.
In order for the massage to be beneficial, not to the detriment, one should seriously approach the solution of this issue and seek the help of specialists.
Spinal curvature requires an integrated approach and treatment. Massage with scoliosis helps reduce pressure on the back and relieve tension. However, massage sessions do not fully strengthen the muscular corset. They should be used in conjunction with other methods of treatment: regular exercise therapy, wearing a corset, traction therapy and medication. Curvature of the spine arises for many reasons:
- incorrect posture;
- inflammatory processes.
Major scoliosis degree
Doctors distinguish 4 degrees of disease. The degree is determined only by clinical examination and depends on the size of the curvature of the vertebrae from the straight axis. Massage in the curvature of the spine is performed by a specialist to relieve the tension of the vertebrae and at the same time tone the weakened muscles.
Curvature of the spine on a straight axis with a slight rotation of the vertebrae is considered a scoliosis of the 1st degree. This degree of disease is often diagnosed in children during the period of active growth of the body. The initial degree is easily adjusted by manual therapy and a set of exercises. To understand what basic techniques must necessarily use a specialist, look online massage with scoliosis in children video. Then you can more specifically imagine how the procedure is going. Sessions must be held at least once a week.
Receptions Shiatsu. Scoliosis 1 degree
Massage for scoliosis 1 degree includes the following basic techniques and techniques:
- Displacement of tissues along and across the muscles of the back. The specialist massages muscles, shifting them along or across the spine. When the muscles are massaged along the vertebrae, the right hand lies on the sacrum, and the left hand moves the tissues along the muscles. With the transverse stretching of the muscles, the hands lie on the side of the back that is farther from the masseur. With the help of the weight of his body, he slowly shifts the tissues, along the ridge making soft forward movements.
- Mutilation of the sacrum. One hand lies on the other, then the masseur makes circular movements from the rump counter-clockwise and back.
Scoliosis of the 2nd degree
This is a more serious stage of the disease. It can be seen on visual inspection. In the standing position of the arm along the body, the level of shoulder blades and shoulders differs markedly, the triangles of the waist on both sides of the spine are unevenly distinguished. Apparently there is a rotation of the vertebrae. Massage from scoliosis in combination with exercise therapy is one of the most effective methods of treatment. With right-sided scoliosis, the expert tones up the left side of the dorsal muscles, the left-sided correction is corrected by toning the right side of the dorsal muscles and relaxing the left side.
Scoliosis of the 3rd degree
It requires more serious treatment. The disease at this stage is amenable only if detected up to 11 years. The main feature is an obvious intercostal hump. The methods of treatment at this stage are chosen in each case individually. This can be inpatient treatment, surgery, manual and medicamental therapy. The sessions of massage with scoliosis in this case should take place taking into account all the nuances. More information can be gleaned from the Internet by watching a massage with scoliosis of the 3rd degree video. Since there are different methods of correction and treatment, the procedure is appointed exclusively by the attending physician.
Practice shows that a qualified and experienced specialist achieves significant improvements by conducting a massage, a 1 degree scoliosis in this case can disappear altogether.
Back massage for scoliosis: video lessons
The Internet provides a lot of useful information. At present, manual therapy is taught at various courses and trainings. More details about the training can be learned from the profile websites of your city. It will be useful for a specialist to view a massage with scoliosis video training to recall the nuances of performing massage techniques for scoliosis.
Basic principles of massage for scoliosis
The main advantage of massage is the relaxation of the back muscles
Massage procedures, which are assigned to children for the treatment of scoliosis, are aimed at eliminating the deformed spine. This method is used in two situations: both as a treatment and as a preventive measure. The use of massage with this disease is described from different points of view, today there are two main theories. Since the main effect of massage procedures is muscle relaxation, the acute question is which muscles should be relaxed in scoliosis? According to the first theory, the stress is concentrated on the concave part of the back, and on the convex muscles are in a relaxed state( the theory of the string string).The second theory is directly opposite the first. Where exactly the truth lies is difficult to assert, since one can not clearly divide the back into a relaxed and tense part, while specialists who have studied this issue still talk about greater stress on the convex part.
During the massage, you need to act on the situation, working out each of the muscles and determining whether it is strained at the moment. If the child suffers from scoliosis, the parents are recommended to master the skills of massage therapy, in order to help the baby on their own. During the procedure, you need to constantly ask the child about his feelings, so as not to cause harm and not to provoke painful sensations.
The doctor after the examination appoints a clear number of procedures that will be necessary to pass the child . So, with scoliosis the baby will have four courses of 20 sessions per year.
The technique is of a general nature, the work is carried out with the muscles of the back, with the region of the thorax, the waist. Procedures allow you to create the right muscular corset that can hold your back in a normal state: in those places where the spine is bent, the muscles are toned, and on the "failed" areas - is relaxed. Massage has an additional positive effect on metabolism in tissues and stimulates the nervous system.
Scoliosis of the second degree is characterized by compression syndrome
In scoliosis of the second degree and above there is a so-called compression syndrome, that is, the nerve roots are squeezed.
Massage sessions allow minimizing spasms and painful sensations that occur against the background of this phenomenon.
During the procedure, it is necessary to follow certain mandatory rules: the child should be placed on the stomach so that he is comfortable, and he was able to relax muscles as much as possible;
The entire session of the children's massage can be divided into three stages:
- warming up the area to be affected;
- directly massage from scoliosis;
- is the final relaxing stage( implies easy kneading and stroking).
Specificity of massage for different forms of the disease
Scoliosis is divided into four degrees depending on the severity of the curvature of the spine( for example, the first degree implies a deviation of at most 10 degrees, and the fourth - more than 50 degrees).There is also a classification according to the shape of the deformation:
- arcuate curvature or C-scoliosis. This type usually does not progress beyond the second degree. Depending on the side of the deviation, a right-sided and left-handed form is distinguished, and taking into account the localization of the affected area, cervical, thoracic, lumbar and mixed types of scoliosis;
- when the curvature is observed in several places( several arches), then diagnose the S-shaped form of the disease. It refers to the 3rd and 4th degree of scoliosis.
Photogallery: types of scoliosis depending on the shape of deformation
With the thoracic C-shaped scoliosis, the massage is performed from two sides, the procedure begins with the elaboration of the convex part. To begin with, stroking techniques are used, then - pressing the base or the edge of the palm. On the long muscles, the following kneading movements should be used:
- with the thumb pad( and after and the four remaining ones folded together), it is necessary to make circular motions;
- circular effect is also produced by phalanxes of bent fingers;
- area is worked with light tweaks.
The widest muscles during the session should be worked out by such techniques:
- circular movements with one and several fingers;
- delineating circles with phalanges in a bent state;
- similar movement, but the basis of the palms;
- on the sections between the ribs you need to act mainly rectilinearly with several fingers, you can add circular movements with a thumb pad.
When working with chest scoliosis necessarily knead the neck, while the intensity of movement is the same in all areas. Between the individual methods it is recommended to "insert" stroking movements.
If we talk about massage procedures in the lumbar form of the disease, the curved area, as well as the pelvic region and the leg area on the side where the arch of curvature arches , should be worked out first. The following techniques are used:
- strokes on straight lines are replaced by light pressure pressing the base of the palm;
- on the long muscles apply circular movements of the pads and phalanges of the fingers, and the effects of the type of pinch;
- on the latissimus muscles act in a similar way;
- at the intervals between the edges not only circular motions are used, but also rectilinear and zigzag.
During the massage, the legs adhere to the following sequence: thigh, knee joint, calf muscle, stop on the back surface, and then along the front surface in the same, descending order.
With S-shaped deformation, massage is usually performed on all sites of the back.
Contraindications to performing massage procedures for children
Allergic rash in the child on the back - a contraindication for massage
Scoliosis massage has a more extensive list of contraindications than the usual procedure. First of all, it is the presence of blood diseases and inflammation of the lymph nodes or blood vessels. Also, the massage will have to be abandoned if the child has serious damage to the integrity of the skin on the back, manifestations of an allergic reaction or skin disease.
The list of contraindications is supplemented with the following factors:
- diseases of the nervous system( especially during periods of exacerbation);
- frequent cases of bleeding;
Massage for scoliosis video
Training courses for massage in scoliosis in Moscow www.manuolog.ruhttp: //www.youtube.com/ watch? V = lfYBqFm7YxA
massage with scoliosis
Training video lesson, massage with scoliosis, massagehttp: //nosulenko.wix.com/ healing-handshttps: //www.youtube.com/ watch? V = WDhz1TI3A2o
Massage With Scoliosis Video [Scoliosis Massage Video]
Posture Corrector at 49% discount GMI - http: //magnit.miruletta.ru/. .......................................-........................................-........................................-........................................-.........................., null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null, -, null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null, -, null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null, D-em massagehttp: //leratrunova.ru/ massage with scoliosis massage in Orenburg method Glen Doman stunt development massage training Children's massage posture corrector Baby Massage special massage massage massage massage massage massage courses Lera Trunovatreatment of cerebral palsy spine Glen Doman stoop massage with scoliosis Orenburg scalyosis painhttps: //www.youtube.com/ watch? v = OvkFOo75MIU